Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Bill and Ridge are around the same age aren't they?

I assumed Ridge and Caroline the 1st were the same age, but I'm not sure where Bill was supposed to be in the birth order, so I suppose it's possible he's a bit younger than Ridge.

STFU, Maya and Nicole! Your parents don't have to ask your permission to move to LA. Last time I checked this is a free country. And, Nicole, you tracked down Maya to blackmail her, so double STFU!

My contempt for Maya now has no bounds and it has now even surpassed my contempt for Rick. First with needing to consult her before her parents move to LA and than with her saying this is my house. Maya, it's not even Rick's house. I don't remember Eric signing over the house to him. Did you include Nicole in your decision for her to be a surrogate? It seems like that was a foregone conclusion before Nicole was even asked.

Pam's mouth is engaged even before her brain. Someone should show her to the loading dock and ship her ass to anyplace but hear. Just kidding. Every office needs a gossip monger. But Pam, how many people need to tell you to STFU until it sinks into your thick noggin.

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 8

This show is becoming such a huge bummer.   First poor Nicole gets pressured into carrying a baby for her self absorbed sister and now her idiotic money grubbing father and weak wimpy mother are going to land on them?   The father is simply without shame isn't he?  He's got dollar signs for eyes. 

Dragging down further,  I've to deal with Hans Klopek Forrester coming back from Paris..ugh!   And why in the hell doesn't someone grab a damn lemon bar and shove it in Pam's mouth?  Someone needs to choke the hell out of that gum bumping biddy.  That woman can't snap it shut can she?  I'd have to choke a bisch like that who was all up in my uterus.  Woman be gone!    

Speaking of meddling bisches....Brooke Broke Down Logan is getting tired and played out.  I can do with her tired ass worrying about whether Ridge's sperm is swimming up stream or not.   This woman needs to get a life and get laid.   She's just way to worried about Ridge/Caroline and it's pathetic.    

And who the hell does Liam think he is?  Martin Luther King?   That whole speech was just silly.  He's trying to be a peacemaker when he can't even get his penis out of Steffy's purse.   

This whole week was FAIL!   

Ugh...this show is snapping my nerves....I'm not happy.   

Edited by PsychedelicTrip
  • Love 8

This show is becoming such a huge bummer.   First poor Nicole gets pressured into carrying a baby for her self absorbed sister and now her idiotic money grubbing father and weak wimpy mother are going to land on them?   The father is simply without shame isn't he?  He's got dollar signs for eyes. 

Dragging down further,  I've to deal with Hans Klopek Forrester coming back from Paris..ugh!   And why in the hell doesn't someone grab a damn lemon bar and shove it in Pam's mouth?  Someone needs to choke the hell out of that gum bumping biddy.  That woman can't snap it shut can she?  I'd have to choke a bisch like that who was all up in my uterus.  Woman be gone!    

Speaking of meddling bisches....Brooke Broke Down Logan is getting tired and played out.  I can do with her tired ass worrying about whether Ridge's sperm is swimming up stream or not.   This woman needs to get a life and get laid.   She's just way to worried about Ridge/Caroline and it's pathetic.    

And who the hell does Liam think he is?  Martin Luther King?   That whole speech was just silly.  He's trying to be a peacemaker when he can't even get his penis out of Steffy's purse.   

This whole week was FAIL!   

Ugh...this show is snapping my nerves....I'm not happy.   

But you ARE funny as hell. Loved this post.

• Love 2

Don't put it past them! in the place of Mary and Joseph it will be Rick and Maya. Doesn't it just touch the heart?

Although this will probably be a WTD story because Nicole will get it on with Zende.

• Love 3

Ch1, thanks for testing my gag reflex. Will the bub be born in the designer decked out manger in Beverly Hills? *gag*

What I can see is Nicole and Rick bonding over the baby. You know B&B has no issue with swapping within the family. It wouldn't be farfetched for them to start getting close or for Maya's jealousy to come out.

This silly plan won't work perfectly. Something is bound to go wrong.

WTD story could be interesting if it hadn't been done to death. I doubt the writers would have her pregnant with twins by two different men or something out there. Stranger things have happened on soaps. Didn't Natalie and Jessica have different fathers on OLTL or am I thinking of another show?

I doubt the writers would have her pregnant with twins by two different men or something out there.

I doubt that too because then they'd have to cast two sets of twin babies and that would likely be an expensive proposition for this show. B&B seems to do things relatively on the cheap except when it comes to the occasional location shoot.

Didn't Natalie and Jessica have different fathers on OLTL or am I thinking of another show?

Yes but only Jessica was born during the show's run. Natalie showed up years later as a young adult, and the WTF storyline about how they had different fathers came even later. (But by the show's end it was re-retconned that both girls did have the same father.)

ETA: the point I really intended to make earlier is that it didn't start out as a twins situation. When Jessica was born on the show it was not known that her mother had had twins. That revelation didn't happen until Jessica was like in her late teens and the missing sister showed up to claim her position in a wealthy legacy family.

The "oops, I forgot I gave birth to you" has also become a silly trope on soaps and I hope B&B doesn't go there either.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu

Don't put it past them! in the place of Mary and Joseph it will be Rick and Maya. Doesn't it just touch the heart?

Although this will probably be a WTD story because Nicole will get it on with Zende.

Will Rick and Maya take Nicole to Bethlehem to give birth? They will be insisting on everything else. Maya will hold Nicole hostage until the baby is born and then she will want Nicole to breast feed the baby for another year or so. Selfishness knows no bounds.

• Love 4

I think Nicole will have sex with Zende as go the surrogate route then wonder if its her child with Z or Ricks with the egg. And Maya when she finds out won't give a damn. This is just my spec. I have to watch today's show I am behind cuz of work.

• Love 3

If memory serves, yes, Natalie and Jessica Buchanan had separate dads...and that sort of thing is still rarified soap territory besides, though B&B absolutely doesn't tend towards twins.

And having missed nearly all things Avant before today's episode: Julius sortakinda reverting to type, AIUI, on the surrogacy bombshell was only trumped by his wondering if Nicole "got with your sister's husband"--which on any other show in the universe would have been a massive overreaction, but on this show is a completely valid question.

• Love 4

WTD story could be interesting if it hadn't been done to death. I doubt the writers would have her pregnant with twins by two different men or something out there. Stranger things have happened on soaps. Didn't Natalie and Jessica have different fathers on OLTL or am I thinking of another show?

Also DOOL had Sami give birth to twins Ally & Johnny...Johnny was EJ's  & the little girl was Lucas's. I hate those storylines. Always reminded me of a cat having a litter of kittens with usually a couple of different daddies. I think it's not especially creative writing & somehow usually (IMO) makes the woman look worse.

I vaguely remember KKL saying she didn't want a Bridge reunion with TK. With almost 30 years on the show, I would hope that she has some input on her character.

I haven't read her thoughts on this but TK has been very vocal in his latest interviews that he's against a Bridge reunion because he thinks it doesn't work to try to recreate something that's been done by another actor.

And since he speaks so highly of KKL I assume she's in agreement with him (meaning he wouldn't be so dead against it if she wanted it to happen).

Re: Jessica and Natalie on OLTL. Yes, they had different fathers until the the last episodes when it was revealed that Clint was Jessica's father as well, instead of Mitch.

• Love 2

Thanks! I remembered the OLTL story, but I couldn't remember how it was resolved. I had forgotten about DOOL doing it, too. I'm not a fan of those stories either.

I'd like to believe the writers are predictable and are heading for WTD, but nothing is ever that cut and dry. It won't be that neatly tied up and presented. I hate the whole storyline. I agree with Julius. Nicole has been manipulated in to doing this. She's giving Maya way too much credit. There's no pressure but we talked to a professional about using your body and excluded you from the meeting. Oh and she told us how it wasn't a good idea and all the ramifications emotionally and physically, but you don't need to know that. Just know that you're giving me the greatest gift ever. What kind of doctors and health professionals have they paid off to say that young woman is a perfect choice for surrogacy?

• Love 10

I haven't read her thoughts on this but TK has been very vocal in his latest interviews that he's against a Bridge reunion because he thinks it doesn't work to try to recreate something that's been done by another actor.

Oh, please. Then why did TK take a job as a recast if he feels that way? Like he never heard of Ridge Forrester, a character that's been around for years. I hope there is a Bridge reunion just to spite TK.

• Love 5
Oh, please. Then why did TK take a job as a recast if he feels that way?

I believe Ridge was the first role TK has taken on a soap as a recast. Whatever, I think his comments have the air of, "...and that's my story and I'm sticking to it." In my experience watching him mainly on AMC and a bit on OLTL and PC, he seems to prefer being matched with younger actresses. Plus, he's real obvious when his character is in a pairing he doesn't like. I always got the vibe that he wasn't feeling either Ridge+Brooke or Ridge+Katie, yet with Ridge+Caroline he's all about it. No shame on his game if TPTB are apparently willing to cater to his preferences but IMO he can keep the "...nah, some other guy went there before me" stuff to himself.

What kind of doctors and health professionals have they paid off to say that young woman is a perfect choice for surrogacy?

Yeah, I really don't see how any reputable doctor would be okay with Nicole serving as a surrogate, especially since she's never had a kid before. I'm solidly with Mr. Avant on this one. Maya is nine kinds of wrong to be planning to take advantage of Nicole in this way and Rick is wrong to be carrying Maya's purse while she does it.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 6

I have little respect for actors/actresses who balk at whatever material the writers/producers give them, (e.g. SL, coupling, etc.) and not being professional enough to do their damned job.

Anyway, I looked up *Sir* Thorsten Kaye to see if I could find out how old his SO is, and was surprised to discover that she's only a mere TWO years younger.

Then I found THIS gem

http://www.thorstenkaye.com/giftshop.htm

• Love 2
Anyway, I looked up *Sir* Thorsten Kaye to see if I could find out how old his SO is, and was surprised to discover that she's only a mere TWO years younger.

They've been together a long time (I think since his OLTL days) and they were in their late 20s to early 30s when they became a couple. It's probably sort of like what Matthew McConaughey's character said in Dazed and Confused, "That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age." TK gets older but apparently he'd rather his soap opera romantic partners didn't.

• Love 1

I looked up a facility in Queensland, and two of their absolute requirements are that the surrogate be at least 25 years old and has given birth to a healthy child of their own. By those two requirements, Nicole wouldn't be approved for it at that place. I'm sure different places have different rules, but I just can't see a medical professional signing off on this. Is Nicole going to get paid for her services or is giving Maya the greatest gift ever the most important thing ever?

How old is nu-Ridge supposed to be? I've been trying to figure it out. RM is in his 50s or 60s, right?

• Love 4

And, 47 is really 37 today, right? So, TK isn't that much older than LG if you look at it that way. LOL!! Oddly enough, I never thought of Ronn Moss as old except for his bad hair dye job that he had in the latter part of his B&B years. I've seen hm recently and he looks great with his gray hair. Of course, he wouldn't have been paired with LG because he & KKL would have been front and center. It's too bad that KKL was sidelined because of the Ridge recast but I think TK has done a pretty good job of reinventing Ridge. He seems to have nice chemistry with Linsey Godfrey and enjoys the perks of the half hour format.

• Love 5

Oh, I was referring to his book of "pomes," not his attire!

I'm going to check and see if it's available on Amazon to see if there are any sample pages and more importantly, if there are any reader reviews.

It was pretty impressive to see 6 black actors on a soap all in one day. Most soaps only have 2-3 black characters & are hardly ever used. I give Brad Bell a lot of credit. I thought the bomb that Maya dropped on her father was a off the charts. A great soapy moment.

• Love 8

WTD would be obvious at birth, as it was when Amber gave birth. Anyway, I'm Team Julius. He has every right as a father to be concerned about Nicole being taken advantage of. Maya and Rick are either as dense as a fruitcake or just selfish as hell if they don't see the subliminal pressure they are putting on Nicole.

• Love 7

In my experience watching him mainly on AMC and a bit on OLTL and PC, he seems to prefer being matched with younger actresses. Plus, he's real obvious when his character is in a pairing he doesn't like. I always got the vibe that he wasn't feeling either Ridge+Brooke or Ridge+Katie, yet with Ridge+Caroline he's all about it.

In his recent interview in SOD he mentioned that one of his favorite leading ladies was Lynn Herring, who's 8 years older than him. So, no, I don't think it's about the actress' age. It's just that usually the actor is older than the actress he's paired with so his pairings were that way as well.

I agree about him not feeling Ridge/Katie but I don't agree about Brooke. Ridge was written is pissed at her from the moment he found out about Brill so there was no time for them to show any romantic chemistry. I think they kissed once before he found out and that was literally the first time KKL/TK met so I can't judge based on that one kiss, which wasn't that bad given the circumstances.

Having watched him on both AMC and PC, I think TK has sold all of his pairings IMO.

Edited by Callie
  • Love 5
Having watched him on both AMC and PC, I think TK has sold all of his pairings IMO.

I agree.  He's really good at selling a romantic pairing.  I know I'm kind of a loner in this regard, but I thought that he and KKL had a lot of chemistry in their initial meeting  when he took over the role.  I think he sold Ridge's existing interest in Brooke up until Ridge found out about Bill.  Then he shut if off completely, which, to be honest, I think was required by the writing.  

I really don't think that Ridge/Caroline was something he initially pushed for or anything.  I don't think the initial plan was to have them be anything other than the mild infatuation that enabled Maya to blow up Caroline/Rick.  But, their chemistry kind of took over.  I think it's kind of interesting that, in the two situations where his insane chemistry with a leading lady kind of took over what was the likely original direction of the story (here and on AMC with Kendall), he seems to be really good friends with the actress off screen.  (I've seen a lot of hints that he and LG have become close friends, and AM, who played Kendall, is married to a man who is one of TK's old friends, who he set her up with.) 

• Love 6

We'll have to sort of agree to disagree I guess. I recall a couple of nascent pairings on AMC that never went far because it was clear TK wasn't having it. (And neither were the Zendall fans.) I was not alone in noticing it either.

WTD would be obvious at birth

Not necessarily. A lot of African American babies are very light-skinned at birth, partially due the non-Black ancestors they may have due to slavery. Plus, the spumors about Nicole being adopted could be an interesting factor if it turns out she's actually bi-racial. I think they'd really need to do a DNA test to be certain.

We'll have to sort of agree to disagree I guess. I recall a couple of nascent pairings on AMC that never went far because it was clear TK wasn't having it. (And neither were the Zendall fans.) I was not alone in noticing it either.

Chiming in here.  TK has admitted this to be true, at least with respect to AMC and his preference for Zendall.  When Soap Opera Weekly (may it R.I.P.) did its tribute issue to AMC, they interviewed a few AMC actors for their "exit interviews", and in his interview, TK flat-out admitted that sometimes the scripts called for Zach to start to fall for a woman other than Kendall, but that didn't work for him so he did his own thing in his scenes with the other actress to subtly put the kibosh on it and hoped the audience would follow, which they did.  I can't say if he's doing that on B&B but by his own words, he has taken this approach on AMC and it was very successful for him.

IMO only, I thought TK had good chemistry with KKL from their very first scenes together but IA with KerleyQ that the writing called for him to shut it down, and he did.  As a result, I can't say that they wouldn't work well together if B&B tried Bridge again but I would also agree that currently neither actor is playing attraction or romantic interest towards the other and I like their scenes together.  I'd like B&B more if they gave KKL more to do than be a busybody in other characters' love lives but I buy Brooke's friendship with Ridge as both actors are playing it now.           

• Love 4

Hmm, I don't disagree with that. When I said he sells his pairings I meant the ones that actually came to fruition (like Zach with Kendall and Maria). The ones that were only teased, I didn't feel that his character was interested in cheating but I don't know if that was the writing or TK phoning it in.

If anyone's interested here's his interview in SOD. The 3rd link has the part I mentioned before about KKL and Bridge.

http://i61.tinypic.com/n2lu29.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/jb4qcm.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/20z4qs2.jpg

• Love 1

If I would see TK on the street, and didn't know him as an actor, I would put him in his late 50's. My sister didn't believe me when I told her he was only 47. I really think he looks a lot older than 47, but maybe if he shaved and washed his hair more than twice a year, he wouldn't look so old.

Looking back a few episodes, I took a good look at Steffy in that red dress and was really surprised to see how bad a swayback she has. Her back curves way in and then her behind protrudes outward.

• Love 4

I noticed that as well and at first thought that maybe she had a "butt enhancement" ala Kardashian. (or so they say.)

Thanks for posting the TK article. He had some nice things to say about KKL. Verifies that we're not the only ones baffled about why she doesn't have any really decent SLs. Sorry, but my jury is still out on him. He's a huge improvement acting-wise over RM, but I just can't seem to warm up to him. 

I think the issue there was more that he knew what side his bread was buttered on there.  They had a couple writers write some major crap to trash the Zendall pairing, and he kind of dug his heels in, because he knew what the fans were invested in, and because he had spent a lot of time building up the whole "always, only you" aspect of their pairing that, to have him get seriously involved with another woman would have rang false.  (Of course, it helps that I agree with him on that count, so I'm not completely objective here).  

I think he tried with Katie, but the story just sucked.  And I think he's put in a good effort at showing the kind of relationship the writing portrays with regards to Brook/Ridge.  He sold the chemistry when he got back.  He sold the disgust when he found out about Bill, and now, I think, he's selling the non-romantic friendship aspect of their current relationship (and KKL is also selling it, imo).  

I really haven't seen any signs that he has age issues with regard to his co-star.  As someone mentioned, he loved working with Lynn Herring.  I think he's just smart enough to recognize when he has something special going with a co-star, and he will latch onto that because he knows that being in one of those lightning in a bottle type pairings is good for his career. 

• Love 8

If TK were brought on as a new character I'd be fine with him; I just don't like him as Ridge.  Maybe I'm just so used to RM all these years, but whatever the reason, TK just isn't doing it for me.

• Love 6

I would also think that the lack of story for his fellow over 40 actors would make TK hang tooth and nail to the Ridge/Caroline relationship. If he wasn't with her his character would be in the closet with the rest of them.

Edited by ch1
  • Love 10

WTD would be obvious at birth

Not necessarily. A lot of African American babies are very light-skinned at birth, partially due the non-Black ancestors they may have due to slavery. Plus, the spumors about Nicole being adopted could be an interesting factor if it turns out she's actually bi-racial. I think they'd really need to do a DNA test to be certain.
I think the poster meant that the writers would make it pretty obvious, because they need to spell everything out for us lowly idiot peons ;)

But very much, this. I look very unmistakably black today, but until I was six months old, I was very light because my mom is mixed and I have an Irish grandmother. There are pics of me around that time where my hair was growing in and has red undertones in it. My current roommate has a lighter complexion than myself with blue-green eyes whose parents are both my shade and she looks like both of them...and my Latina best friend from high school had relatives at her quincenera from the whole range of complexions. Genetics are a tricky thing! ;)

But I hope to God that the Avant parents just hit the kill switch on this idea before it even gets that far. Maya and Rick suck, and they suck for ever considering this.

• Love 7

I would also think that the lack of story for his fellow over 40 actors would make TK hang tooth and nail to the Ridge/Caroline relationship. If he wasn't with her his character would be in the closet with the rest of them.

That could be it, too. Back when Hope/Liam/ Steffy was eating screen time like termites in a log cabin, even Brooke/Ridge were taking an albeit long overdue backseat. Until five years ago, B&B was the opposite of all other daytime shows that shouldered the bulk of their stories on their veteran and older actors.

I'm not bothered by the change, but I wish they'd done more to develop the younger characters as their own people instead of endless triangles or killing off legacy characters for a cheap blackmail plot that goes nowhere.

• Love 4

Marcus was biracial, and they played it as Rosie being obviously not Liam's at birth. I'm Just looking at show history here, not reality which soaps tend to avoid like the plague.

• Love 4

I have little respect for actors/actresses who balk at whatever material the writers/producers give them, (e.g. SL, coupling, etc.) and not being professional enough to do their damned job.

Then I found THIS gem

http://www.thorstenkaye.com/giftshop.htm

This is LOL-tastic.

tk_book_solid-wheel_home-page.png

So was the storyline with him putting a string, instead of a ring, on it a plug for this book of pomes?

• Love 4

Having finally caught up on last week's episodes, I want to stab something or someone. 

Where to begin?

I'd like to stab Liam for finally growing a set with the Ivy as lingerie model at the completely wrong time. I wanted to stomp my foot like Steffy and say, "No! No! No!" I wanted Ivy to rock the hell out of that photo shoot with Liam's tongue hanging out a mile long while Steffy has to stand there and shut her cracked hard face. Instead, we get Liam rushing to Ivy's rescue (the fuck was that? she doesn't need rescuing you spineless little twerp) and Ivy/Steffy making nice. 

giphy.gif

Also - this:

giphy.gif

I still adore Wyatt and Ivy though so there's that.

Caroline and Ridge and Pregnancy Debacle #1.

giphy.gif

This is going to blow up in the faces majorly as it's only a matter of time before Inspector Brooke Logan solves the Great Swimmers Caper. And Caroline will be left saddled with her rapist 4 lyfe.  Yeah, that's a storyline I want to see. Also (and this is petty) but Ridge's constant saying the word "kid" makes me stabby. 

Which brings me to Pregnancy Debacle #2.

Please do what Nancy Reagan said, Nicole, and just say no.

Or, like Kanye said:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-8002-1381389207-6.g

You are too young to be getting pregnant. You have years ahead of you. Time enough for hormones and mood swings and puking and stretch marks and hemorrhoids and peeing every five minutes. Although stop with the Zende angle. He's barely a blip on her radar, not much more than puppy love at this stage, and her decision should be based solely on the impact it will have on HER life, not whether or not her kinda-sorta-boy friend will want to wait out the 2 + years of pregnancy, birth, and breast feeding. Because you all know "perfect mother Maya" will want only the best for her Forrester/Avant spawn.

• Love 4
I think the poster meant that the writers would make it pretty obvious, because they need to spell everything out for us lowly idiot peons ;)
Marcus was biracial, and they played it as Rosie being obviously not Liam's at birth. I'm Just looking at show history here, not reality which soaps tend to avoid like the plague.

Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't watching during whatever happened with Marcus, Rosie, and Liam so the way B&B's history might play into this goes right by me. I guess if things even get that far with Nicole, Zende, and the surrogacy, IMO it would be nice if for once a show didn't take the obvious route.

So was the storyline with him putting a string, instead of a ring, on it a plug for this book of pomes?

Oy, that makes me wonder how many hard-core TK fans have followed him to B&B. Seems to me they'd be close to the only viewers who might have picked up on the string reference while the storyline was running. Whatever, grrrr, I'm still mad about that stupid string. It was cute at first but after it went on so long it seemed really disrespectful, IMO.  Plus he was living in Katie's house, presumably for free. The guy just wasn't going to put out much effort for her, it seemed to me. (And I'm still not about Ridge and Caroline still living in that tiny apartment. He's the CEO of a big time fashion company and presumably makes enough money to move his family into a regular house. Yeesh.)

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 2

I think the show would do whatever fits their story line needs.  In that story, it was their plan for the baby to obviously be not Liam's when born.  If they do decide to go with a baby switch here, then, conveniently, the Nicole/Rick baby will be born light skinned enough to not cause any confusion when switched for Caroline's baby, and everyone will assume that the baby they're told is the Nicole/Rick baby just takes after Rick. 

• Love 1

Mr Avant was cracking me up Friday. Something about how he delivers his lines makes me laugh. He's a good actor and so is the woman who plays Maya's mom.

The woman playing Nicole is a little flat. I also didn't like her getting all self righteous. Bitch you blackmailed your sister and forced her hand in stay her rude manner and created a lot of drama. So please don't lecture people on the fine points of acceptance.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 8

I know it's been a while since I've done a post like this, but so many plot twists have pissed me off lately that I've had to wait until I was calm enough to comment. Topic #1: Ridge/Caroline & the pregnancy. Ridge is at least partially responsible for Brooke's butting in because he told her about his fertility struggles of his own free will, hence her suspicions. To his credit, Ridge did apologize to Brooke for telling her to stay out of it when he was the one who dragged her into it in the first place. At least Ridge didn't tell Brooke about Rape Night too.It wasn't "grief sex" nor was Caroline "drunk in love" IMO because both of those things would have required at least some verbal consent from Caroline and IIRC, she gave none. As for CaRidge keeping the supposed paternity secret from Thomas, I think it serves him right. Ridge isn't Father Of the Year material either, to put it mildly, but Caroline loves him, Ridge has taken responsibility for breaking her heart that night to his credit and I think that Caroline would make a great mom, so at least the kid stands a fighting chance on that score; otoh, Thomas proves time and time again that he's not fit to raise a plant, much less a child, plus, knowing these "writers," it might turn out to be a CaRidge miracle baby after all, which is one more reason not to tell Thomas nor Brooke the "truth," or the current version of it, anyway. As for Bill & Katie's reactions to the news, while Katie's thrilled and Bill's not, even Bill's response was more appropriate than Pam & Charlie's on every level. Pam's color-coded lemon bars are bad enough, but dropping the baby bomb on Thomas when he had literally just returned form Paris was deep-fried fuckery of the next level. It was even worse than Pam's attempt to force Caroline to take a pregnancy test. Pam & her little bitch Charlie-who couldn't even win a slap fight with Bill, let alone the real thing-prove once again that their tackiness knows no bounds.

Re Liam/Steffy/Wyatt & Ivy, while Liam's patching things up between Steffy & Ivy seems noble in theory, it was just another example of one of Ping-Pong's attempts to look as heroic as he thinks he is. If Liam had retrieved his balls from Steffy weeks ago before things gone that far, I might have considered being impressed. It's a shame that Ivy didn't get to do her photo shoot because seeing Steffy's face crack-no, shatter-into a million pieces would have been epic. If it hadn't been for Wyatt, Ivy probably wouldn't have had the confidence to make it work. Wyatt did wonders for Ivy's self-esteem with lingerie modeling, in his own way, whether it was his convincing Ivy to answer the door in it (to the pizza boy's delight) or his own stripping as payback for Ivy's bravery. Wyatt's no Channing Tatum, but he held his own. It would have worked out fine if Pam & Charlie hadn't crashed the party, like the pests they are.

And now we come to the worst of the worst: The Immaculate Conception Of Raya, Starring Nicole Avant. Raya have done some seriously selfish shit before, but asking Nicole to give up her first-born child is a new low, even for them. Raya paid some lip service to adoption, but Maya's too obsessed with having a kid with her own genes to wait that long. That Raya have just gotten married and Nicole is still a virgin with her first real boyfriend and her whole life ahead of her is besides the point to them, if not totally irrelevant altogether. Nicole & Zende aren't even an official couple yet, but Raya's baby rabies isn't helping matters, to put it mildly. At least Zende has Carter to confide in; Nicole, otoh, is stuck with Maya. Nicole doesn't even have a female friend her own age to confide in, which is tragic. Thank Heaven for Papa Avant! Julius seemed to be the only sane person in the room-or rather, the entry hall-on Friday's episode. At least Julius sees that Raya are playing Nicole, in their own passive-aggressive way. And how dare Raya give her parents shit for moving to LA without permission. Last time I checked, the Avants were adults and this is a free country, including LA, so they can live there whether Raya like it or not. Like I said about  Thomas, Raya shouldn't be trusted with plants, nor kids.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 8

Pam's color-coded lemon bars are bad enough, but dropping the baby bomb on Thomas when he had literally just returned form Paris was deep-fried fuckery of the next level.

Did Pam somehow develop a learning disability or memory problem? She was literally just told to keep her big mouth shut, and oops she did it again (giggle giggle, she just can't help herself)!

Wyatt's no Channing Tatum, but he held his own.

Yes he did, and it made me like that scene when I probably wouldn't have otherwise. I thought it was cute to see someone not exactly "all that" in the body department & to have a gf all into the little strip act. And the fact that it wasn't done as a "let's subtly make fun of Wyatt for not being cut like Carter" was a bonus.
  • Love 13

Mr and Mrs Avant are fantastic. Their talent is waisted on such a BS soap opera but unlike most days, there was a whole lot of truth being spoken. Mr Avant says what's on his mind and her couldn't be more correct. Mrs Avant is the voice of reason. Will Nicole see the light or is she still under Rick's and Maya's spell. Again and again Rick and Maya show that there is no concern for Nicole. Nicole should never have been asked and that's the bottom line.

Is Caroline going to give up the ghost? Thomas you gave up any right to know if the child is yours after RAPING Caroline. Caroline already told you that you were in the clear so STFU. Thomas can eat shit and die!!

• Love 12