Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

All I could think while watching the Steffy/Liam/Ivy/Wyatt scenes was "Aly died for this shit?"

What I kept thinking was who was that guy and what is he doing in Liam's body? Liam grew a pair faster than Pam and Charlie could run out to get a home pregnancy test. At least Liam has some dogs in the fight but as for Pam and Charlie WTF. Is it any of their business if Caroline is pregnant or not? They looked like they were high on lemon bars when they kept shoving the home pregnancy test in Caroline's face. For that matter, what was Liam's problem and why was he chirping in with Tweetledee and Tweetledumb? Speaking of busybodies, Katie wants answers for something that really doesn't have anything to do with her. Ridge, all you had to do was tell everyone that you are a hypocrite and sent Thomas back to Paris because he could keep his hands off the interns and the models.

Is Oliver banished? Did Caroline know that Ivy was fired because Ivy blackmailing Steffy with a video of her and Ally? Well if she didn't, she knows now. Ivy and Steffy frenemies and singing "We Are Family"; go figure.

• Love 12

Is Oliver banished?

Apparently.  There is a new cast photo floating around twitter and it does not include Oliver or Donna.

Although maybe they are the lucky ones.  At least they aren't being used as props in stories that have nothing to do with them like Pam, Charlie or Katie.

• Love 5

So that's it ?  Waffles makes a speech and now everything is better ?  They bond over a remark about how Waffles is always right. HA !

What a satisfying conclusion to this riveting story-line.

Oliver is assisting Thorne in a search for Whip.

• Love 12

"Be the royalty you were meant to be." Say what now? Royalty? More like trash with money. And shut up anyway, Liam. You're the main reason there's a problem between Ivy and Steffy to begin with.

Why didn't they give Ivy some props to use instead of having her just stand there like she was getting a body scan? No wonder she was self-conscious.

Whoa, Pam and Katie desperately need to be told to stay in their own lanes. Seems like tolerating their behavior and trying to laugh it off only encourages them.

• Love 9

WHAT????  That was just all kinds of stupid today. I have nothing more to add to what's already than said other than kudos to the wardrobe people and stylists today. EVERYBODY looked "en fleek," especially Ivy.

• Love 4
Why didn't they give Ivy some props to use instead of having her just stand there like she was getting a body scan? No wonder she was self-conscious.

Or maybe a bed to pose on?  Something?  

I would hardly call the bra and panties she wore as super sexy. Pretty, yes, but not hot, hot, hot.

I assumed Steffy intentionally didn't give her anything she'd look "hot, hot, hot" in.  I thought that, for lingerie, it was rather unflattering in cut/shape.  

They may as well have just had Liam wrap up with "and that's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown." 

• Love 12

All I could think while watching the Steffy/Liam/Ivy/Wyatt scenes was "Aly died for this shit?" 

Couldn't have said it better.

Pam, Charlie & Liam...it's none of your damn business you invasive bunch of no boundary idiots!!! GAH!!

• Love 10

What the hell did I watch today? Was Waffles rehearsing a commencement speech? Auditioning for Up with People? Trying to channel Oprah? He was making me nauseous with all of that treacle about "Live your best lives! Be the best you can be! Work together and work it out!" And you know what, Waffles? Spiteful Steffy IS the real Steffy. I did love it when Steffy told Ivy she looked beautiful and Wyatt winked and said, "Wait until the robe comes off!"

Caroline has the worst poker face EVER. The writing and direction is sucking lately because every scene with her has to end with a "GUILTY!!!!!!!!" look. Enough with that already. What exactly is the big deal if people find out she's preggers now? She and Ridge said they want a baby. Why are they making such a mountain out of molehill? (But her black dress today ROCKED.)

I need this show to stop pretending that Katie and Ridge still have a nostalgic spark for each other.

I know, right? It was painful and hilarious at the same time watching that "informational" session:

Surrogacy Rep: It's a REALLY, REEEEEEEEALLY BAD IDEA if somebody you know is your surrogate.

Maya channeling Bambi with the big doe eyes: But everything will turn out okay? I can still ask my teenage virgin sis to carry the baby so it will have half Forrester and half Avant genes? 'Cos that's super important to us!

Surrogate Rep: Well, WE HIGHLY DISCOURAGE IT. If your sister hasn't even had a baby of her own yet...

Maya: But as long as we have a good relationship?

Surrogacy Rep: Oh, fuck it...do whatever the hell you want!

Maya: HOORAY!!! 1/2 Forrester and 1/2 Avant!!! Full steam ahead!!!

I mean, it's so painfully obvious where this is going to go- custody battle full-steam ahead in 2016!

Maya already HAD an adopted daughter. Now it's suddenly a big deal that her sister should be a traditional surrogate?

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 6

I'd forgotten about the daughter Maya had back when she was still a natal female character. Granted, the attention on that story lasted a full thirty seconds the first go around; but between that and Rick'Rick's history raising the baby Amber passed off as hers, I'm throwing red flags across this field.

Seriously, how hard is it to reference the only period on this show where Rick was only part cretin?

• Love 5

Can someone shoot Pam and put her out of my misery? Good heavens, that was a revolting display. Who the fuck does something like that? She should seriously be fired. And take Charlie and her stupid lemon bars with her.

• Love 12
custody battle full-steam ahead in 2016

Probably but I'm wondering how Nicole is going to battle Rick and Maya. They have virtually unlimited resources and she basically has nothing except the ability to live in a Forrester heir's house, work at a Forrester company, and date another Forrester heir. Even if her parents back her up, they can't afford to wage a legal battle against Maya and Rick. I'm thinking the issue is going to be whether the baby is Rick's or Zende's and that will be resolved pretty much as soon as the baby is born and a DNA test can be done.

• Love 1

Probably but I'm wondering how Nicole is going to battle Rick and Maya.

I know this show doesn't do anything realistically, but a couple I'm acquainted with went through this process.  They found a willing egg donor and a gestational surrogate.  Once the baby was born, the egg donor had to go to court to give up any legal claim to the baby.  So the way I see it, if it's Nicole's egg and she's also carrying the baby, it's hers until she gives the baby up in court after she gives birth.

I'm still crossing my fingers for a baby swap.  Both Caroline (very late) and Nicole (prematurely) give birth in Sheila Carter Memorial Hospital on the same dark and stormy night.  A crazed Maya sneaks into the nursery and tragically finds that Nicole's baby has passed away, she switches Nicole's baby with Caroline's, and then stops by the gift shop to buy some skin bronzer.

I don't know if anyone here watched Footballer's Wives on BBCAmerica several years ago.  They had a similar storyline only the mother of the baby with two European parents switching with a baby with a white daddy and an Indian mommy.  She kept on applying pancake makeup to the baby.  It was hysterically campy soapy fun, something the B&B used to be before it became an ABC Afterschool Special.

• Love 7
I don't know if anyone here watched Footballer's Wives on BBCAmerica several years ago.  They had a similar storyline only the mother of the baby with two European parents switching with a baby with a white daddy and an Indian mommy.  She kept on applying pancake makeup to the baby.  It was hysterically campy soapy fun, something the B&B used to be before it became an ABC Afterschool Special.

OMG, I remember that. It was insane! No US soap would dare try anything like that though because they'd be accused of a laundry list of -isms.

• Love 3

Someone send Liam to the Middle East posthaste and polish up that peace prize! Or send him to Middle Earth with the rest of the hobbits. Whatever.

It seems so long ago that I was actually excited about the possibilities for this show. A rival fashion house! Steffy getting a strip torn off for being a lying liar who lies lyingly. Interesting couples! Instead the Bold and the Beautiful became the Jizz and the Gestating. Thrill to the escapades of Ridge's sperm, Avant eggs, and lemon bars topped with pregnancy pee sticks! No.

• Love 15

They can't switch Caroline's and Nicole's babies because one will be brown or at least definitely not 100% white. Anyway, I'm praying that it won't get that far and that Nicole's parents will put a stop to this bullshit STAT. For someone who worked so hard to become a woman and has such baby hunger, Maya should at least try to imagine how Nicole would feel, especially at so tender an age, carrying a baby for 9 months and then giving it up and having to see it all the time. What fucking assholes she and Rick are. This is the stupidest idea ever and it's cruel of them to even ask her. 

I couldn't even get through yesterday's episode, but I did see the start of Ivy's photo shoot and seriously, she has no waist. This storyline sucks, too. Haven't deleted from DVR yet but will be sure to do so when I get home.

And yes, to whoever asked, Caroline already knew about the whole Ivy/Steffy thing because Thomas filled her in.

• Love 7

Ridge, Thorne, Storm, Whip....are these the characters' nicknames or birth names? Ridge is the elder son yet Rick is Eric Forrester Jr.?

Ridge and Thorne are birth names.  Storm is a nickname for Steven and Whip is short for something (Whipley, Whipford, Whipstein?).  And yes, Ridge is the elder legal son of EFI, yet Rick is EFII.

• Love 2

Good grief! When Liam is the smartest person in the room, something's wrong. Pam & Charlie getting up in Ridge & Caroline's business was bad enough, but Pam's buying a home pregnancy test and expecting-no, demanding-that Caroline take it is batshit crazy, even for her. If Pam wasn't Stephanie's sister, she would have been fired for that bullshit and she and Charlie should have been.

• Love 13

Ridge and Thorne are birth names.  Storm is a nickname for Steven and Whip is short for something (Whipley, Whipford, Whipstein?).  And yes, Ridge is the elder legal son of EFI, yet Rick is EFII.

I believe it's "Whipple"? Lol. Can anyone confirm this?

• Love 2
Pam's buying a home pregnancy test and expecting-no, demanding-that Caroline take it is batshit crazy, even for her.

YEP. I kept expecting Pam to take Caroline's hand, lead her to the restroom, and hold the stick for her while she peed on it. While Charlie waited with his ear to the door, ready to report back to the company at large: "CONFIRMED! TWO LINES ON THE STICK! CAROLINE IS KNOCKED UP, EVERYBODY!" Geez. I can't even be entertained by this crap because it's so insulting.

I might have to take another break from this show. Or a really big nap.

• Love 12

While Charlie waited with his ear to the door, ready to report back to the company at large: "CONFIRMED! TWO LINES ON THE STICK! CAROLINE IS KNOCKED UP, EVERYBODY!"

Don't forget that Charlie would also have to do his Cliff Clavin-esque explanations of how pregnancy tests work.
  • Love 4

This Caroline/Ridge baby announcement has me furious! Ugh, speaking as someone who had our first pregnancy outed by a loose-lipped family member, who blabbed to someone else, who then congratulated us on Facebook, seriously, (although, with #2, we'll be 16 weeks this coming Friday and the only people who know, to the best of our knowledge, are the ones we personally told because we knew they could keep a secret - yay us!), it absolutely infuriates me when someone, even a fictional tv character, outs someone else's pregnancy! Get your own life, Blabbermouth! I know it's a soap, but I wanted to crawl through the screen and throttle both Pam & Liam today. Seriously, Liam? Telling Ridge's daughter immediately after you badgered the information out of the expectant mother, Ridge's wife? Maybe her father might want to tell his daughter himself! Then, idiot Steffi, "some women want to keep it a secret until they're at a safe point." You think, girl who miscarried a few years ago? Most women want to keep it under wraps until they are comfortable sharing it.

OK, rant for the day over.

• Love 13

It's hard to imagine that any writer--male or female--actually thought that scene with Pam whipping out a pregnancy kit on Caroline would play as cute or funny. It's such a violation of personal and workplace boundaries that it's almost incomprehensible, to this viewer anyway. At this point I think Caroline is an emotional abuse victim and she's getting it from all sides at FC and at home.

• Love 15

Of all the preposterous things people on this show have said, Ivy claiming that stealing boyfriends is something Steffy would never really do has to be way at the top. Has she had any relationship that didn't start with her rubbing up against a taken man?

• Love 16

Of all the preposterous things people on this show have said, Ivy claiming that stealing boyfriends is something Steffy would never really do has to be way at the top. Has she had any relationship that didn't start with her rubbing up against a taken man?

From what I can remember one...Marcus, and that didn't last especially long.

Ridge has 4 children and is freaked out over morning sickness?

I'll say something nice...I thought Steffy looked really nice today, that dress looked great on her & even her hair was decent.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 5

Ridge, Thorne, Storm, Whip....are these the characters' nicknames or birth names? Ridge is the elder son yet Rick is Eric Forrester Jr.?

All of those are given 1st names except Whip was short for his last name.

I agree its ridiculous even saying them when I discuss the show with people. Like the conversation halts as soon as I say "well you see Ridge and Thorne..."

Y&R has Blade Bladeson and Stitch those are dumbass names. Passions had Fancy Crane and Pretty Crane.

Congrats nkotb !!! Don't worry unlike the blabber mouth characters on B&B my lips are mute.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 2

WTG nkotb!!

Yeah, Whip is Whipple Jones. I have an old book about B&B -- the first 10 years and in the forward, William Bell said that he wanted "unusual names that weren't too cutesy." He also went on to say that such names should represent wealth, prestige and power. Ridge was actually named after a friend of Bradley's. Well, now we know. Maybe that's why BB seemed so obsessed with RM's Ridge and lived vicariously through him.

I echo what everybody else has said about the show today. Outing the baby news, Steffy's not a maneater (huh?), Brooke's presumptuous, etc.

OBTW, I don't know if anybody is watching the baseball playoff games (GO KC ROYALS!) but there is a cute State Farm commercial starring our very own Lt. Baker.

• Love 2

Probably but I'm wondering how Nicole is going to battle Rick and Maya. They have virtually unlimited resources and she basically has nothing except the ability to live in a Forrester heir's house, work at a Forrester company, and date another Forrester heir. Even if her parents back her up, they can't afford to wage a legal battle against Maya and Rick. I'm thinking the issue is going to be whether the baby is Rick's or Zende's and that will be resolved pretty much as soon as the baby is born and a DNA test can be done.

The baby would be legally Nicole's regardless. Period.

Color me cynical, but I do not believe Ridge wants that baby or any baby at all -- no matter what he tells Caroline.  His face gives it away when no one's looking. His constant refrain is "my wife wanted a kid", "Caroline wants to be a mom". It's never, 'we wanted a child', 'we wanted a family.'

I think when he told Caroline he was done with having children and just wanted to live in the moment -- then he was telling the truth.

Telling Caroline that the baby is theirs and that he's happy about it is a lie.  One he's telling Caroline so she won't be freaked out about being pregnant by Thomas -- but it's still a lie.

Fearless prediction that at some point  he's going to lash out at Caroline about accepting Thomas' child as his own -- even though he doesn't want any more children --  because she wants a child so badly.  He'll lash out along the lines of 'look what I did for you', 'I gave up our amazing life together just the two of us so you could have a kid', etc, etc, etc. Ridge is furious at Thomas' "betrayal, but I also think he's furious at Caroline, and that anger at her is going to surface at some point.

And as someone said awhile back -- enough with the "kid" thing.  It just seems to reinforce that he's letting her have "the kid" as a present -- like he'd watch a chick flick she wants to see but he doesn't. 

And this banishing Thomas to Paris.  Does Ridge seriously think he can keep Thomas there forever and completely away from the baby? Even if CaRidge pull off the deception, that baby is Thomas' sibling.   How will Ridge explain keeping his older son away from the new brother/ sister?

And I loved Brooke's squinty side eye to Ridge today and her "who's  baby is it" zinger

• Love 12

Fearless prediction that at some point  he's going to lash out at Caroline about accepting Thomas' child as his own -- even though he doesn't want any more children --  because she wants a child so badly.  He'll lash out along the lines of 'look what I did for you', 'I gave up our amazing life together just the two of us so you could have a kid', etc, etc, etc. Ridge is furious at Thomas' "betrayal, but I also think he's furious at Caroline, and that anger at her is going to surface at some point.

I can see that happening. Caroline is still sympathetic to Thomas's Rape Night confusion (And who wouldn't be? He is a selfish moron.), being banished to Paris, and uncertain about Ridge's plan to raise the baby as his. Caroline's bound to make some pitying remark and Ridge will blow a gasket. He's been like a crash test dummy slamming his conscience against his ego, kicking his son out of town, losing his temper, rationalizing more lies to cover Caroline's pregnancy, bouncing off walls, being skittish and touchy to the wrong people. Ridge isn't handling any of this predicament he's created, and Caroline is in a constant state of panic, waiting for the next anvil to drop. 

I expect Ridge to lose it with Caroline, bitching about the baby being his grandson, some unflattering shit tossed Caroline's way, and she goes into labor. One DNA test later and it was Ridge's Super Sperm that impregnated Caroline, and Ridge has a whole lot of groveling to do to his present wife and mother of his child.

• Love 2

OBTW, I don't know if anybody is watching the baseball playoff games (GO KC ROYALS!) but there is a cute State Farm commercial starring our very own Lt. Baker.

I found it!

So is this the first time we've seen Lt. Baker's family? 

Actually, FWIW, we have seen his son, Charlie.

Edited by SweePea59
  • Love 3

That was the first time in weeks the show hasn't given me a raging case of the sticky ick's, or made me want to throw something at my tv. 

I was so glad to see Ridge and Caroline laughing and joking again. I haven't felt much between them lately other than angsty desperation. It was good to see them lightening it up a bit, and looking on the bright side. All the same, I absolutely disagree agree with Pam's actions; that was just wrong on every level, and I am surprised Ridge didn't call her out on it. And did my ears deceive me, or was that the old Pink Panther music playing in the background as they discussed the upcoming event? Caroline called it right when she said that Pam knows, so in no time the whole building will too. Which brings me to my girl.....

I loved Brooke in those scenes. She looked so good; not puffy, a decent outfit, and I really liked her hair pulled back. Most of all though, when she was questioning Ridge, I caught a glimpse of "old Brooke", and my heart went pitter patter. It made me think of the old days, when the show had a rudder and a strong foundation. The cast was large, there was always multiple SLs going on, but there was still a sense of calm; that the ship was seaworthy, and that ultimately someone is always answerable to someone else. Today it feels more like a bunch of characters running around, doing their thing, but there is no cohesiveness to anything. The show feels ungrounded, and things move so fast! As far as Brooke getting in Ridge's business? I have said before I don't have a problem with it. In the scheme of the show, I would expect this. I think many viewers allow their personal dislike of Brooke to cloud what history dictates; Ridge has always overlooked or forgiven Brooke for whatever transgression she has committed. He only sees her as "his Logan", and he trusts and loves her. So talking to her is the most natural thing in the world. Outside of that, Ridge was the one who drew Brooke in; sure, she was nosing around, but he could have told her to take a flying leap. Instead, he chose to confide in her, and now he will have to come to terms with his decision. I can only hope we are not heading to a Bridge reunion. I cannot even imagine that after the hotness of Ridge and Caroline; TK and KKL have not one drop of romantic chemistry, but they have a ton of anti-chemistry, and work so much better as frenemies or antagonists. And the bottom line is the Bridge story has been done to death. Where could they possibly go where they haven't already been? But I didn't miss Pam's remarks about the "historic Bridge union", maybe I am wrong, but that statement sure felt like an anvil to me. 

I didn't buy that kumbaya moment between the cousins. I think Ivy got it right about herself; she isn't the blackmailing type, and this was a one off, out of her head type behavior. Steffy OTOH? I wouldn't trust the Black Widow farther than I could throw her. She has a proven track record of manipulation, has proven herself time and again to be untrustworthy, and has shown there isn't much she won't do to achieve her ends. She has also shown herself to be heartless, and just plain mean spirited. No, that evil little Arachnid gets her eight legs all in a dither if she feels threatened, or like someone who shouldn't be is walking around in her web. My fear is that his chivalry will reignite the Liam Taint in Ivy, and we will have some kind of fucked up quadrangle with the cousin's and the brothers. 

We didn't see the Bully Buddies either, so there is that too. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 5

And this banishing Thomas to Paris.  Does Ridge seriously think he can keep Thomas there forever and completely away from the baby?

I think he does. The same way he was stupid enough to tell Caroline that Brooke won't find out she's pregnant. Well if she doesn't find out now, she'll find out when Caroline's showing, doofus!

I was so glad to see Ridge and Caroline laughing and joking again. I haven't felt much between them lately other than angsty desperation.

I didn't see that at all. What I saw was a Caroline cringing at Ridge scolding her for letting it slip out that she's pregnant. It looked like Daddy was scolding daughter. And then yay, we get to see them making out *blech*
  • Love 9

Yesterday did anyone else want to reach into the screen and junk punch Ridge when he told Caroline to go home and "do what women do"? Uh Ridge, some women set the bed on fire while their dickhead husband is sleeping. Just sayin'...

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 10

Actually, there's a million-to-one chance the baby will be white and I think that's good enough for Bell, lol. If he decides to go that route that is, which I'm praying he doesn't.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/white-baby-born-interracial-couple-million-one-chance

In my experience, in the couples I know where one spouse is white and the other is black, their babies were mostly so light skinned at birth that I could see people not questioning if they were presented as white babies, when there's no reason to think "that's not my baby".  Their skin tone got darker as they got older, but if we're talking about someone switching a dead Nicole/Rick baby for an alive Caroline/Thomas (or Ridge) baby it wouldn't seem outrageous to me that people didn't question the deceased newborn's appearance.  

Of course, as the surviving baby grows, supposedly as the Nicole/Rick baby, at some point, someone would have to wonder how the baby's skin is remaining so white.  

If that baby switch does come to pass, I would guess that what will blow it out of the water will be Nicole and Zende believing there is a possibility it's really their baby, leading to a DNA test that shows the baby doesn't belong to Nicole, Zende, or Rick. 

• Love 1

Yesterday did anyone else want to reach into the screen and junk punch Ridge when he told Caroline to go home and "do what women do"?

I DID!!!

In my experience, in the couples I know where one spouse is white and the other is black, their babies were mostly so light skinned at birth that I could see people not questioning if they were presented as white babies,

Whenever I hear something like this I think of Victoria Rowell and her blonde, blue-eyed biracial daughter. I agree with you, it definitely can (and does) happen. Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2
Victoria Rowell and her blonde, blue-eyed biracial daughter

VR is biracial and her daughter's father is White. From a low-tech genetics standpoint, there was a three out of four chance that the little girl would look more White than Black. Whatever, I think B&B should probably stay away from the whole "looks like" issue based on skin color because odds are they won't be able to address it in a way that won't be offensive to a segment of the audience.

Speaking of goofy soap names, AMC took a prize when they named a kid "Spike". No, it wasn't a nickname, his mommy (who was Erica Kane's daughter) actually put that on his birth certificate.

• Love 3