Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Thanks for the congrats, Petunia13 & grisgris! I guess in some ways, I'm fortunate, because unlike Caroline, I can carry a pregnancy longer than 19 hours before my body gives it away! ;-)

On topic, my hormones are in overdrive, but I can't imagine Nicole giving up her own flesh & blood child, never having had one of her own, to keep, and being way too young to make a huge, life-changing decision like that. Hopefully Mama Avant can knock some sense into her. On the other hand, we had our own fertility struggles, although, with me not being transgendered, it was always a possibility unlike Maya, but I was actually momentarily happy for her when Nicole agreed to surrogate, which again, hormones. There is nothing in the world like thinking you can't have a child, and then getting exactly what you want (no way is Nicole going to actually get pregnant with, carry and deliver a healthy baby, without some drama, likely involving either Rick falling in love with her, or Maya believing that he is, either way, this baby will either never come to fruition, or if it does, not withouth major drama). Then, I remembered what a horrible person Maya is, and I was back on Team Adopt-If-You-Want-A-Kid.

I do, however, fully believe that Caroline will have her healthy baby, probably in a collapsed building or something, because there is way more future drama to be mined from that child & the questionable DNA, which I believe will ultimately turn out to be Ridge's.

• Love 6

VR is biracial and her daughter's father is White. From a low-tech genetics standpoint, there was a three out of four chance that the little girl would look more White than Black.

That's right, but (as far as I know) it's pretty unusual for her to have recessive light hair and light eyes.
  • Love 1

I do, however, fully believe that Caroline will have her healthy baby, probably in a collapsed building or something, because there is way more future drama to be mined from that child & the questionable DNA, which I believe will ultimately turn out to be Ridge's.

Big Bear. Babies on this show are always born at Big Bear during the storm of the century.

And it'll be delivered by Brooke!

• Love 8

Ridge seriously pissed me off with his self-righteous act. Dude, you took advantage of Brooke even when she said "no." You spent years bouncing between two women and raising two families. Your kids have issues. And I hate how he blames Thomas for everything. Last time I checked, he had been drinking, too. I don't see rape. I see two people who had a drunken liaison and woke up like Beyoncé's "Drunk in Love," and asking "How the hell did this shit happen?" He's using the kid as a do over to try and do better. Caroline is treated like his child. It irked me to see him telling her what she was going to do and how she was going to handle her situation. Are you her husband or are you her father? Either way, STFU and remember that you did all that Thomas did and worse.

Nicole has no idea what she's getting in to. We have an 18/19 year old fresh out of high school inexperienced young woman willing to give away her first baby to her sister and BIL. I find it impossible to believe that she won't bond with that baby at all. She's going to feel that child growing for 40 +/- weeks. Maya is selfish to ask her. I hope their parents come through and shut it all the way down.

I like Brooke. I can't take some forums because they spew constant hate. Ridge roped her in and confided in her. That's what friends do. I think they're non-romantic soul mates. I don't see the chemistry she had with RM. I don't think she wants him back. However, I doubt she's going to let what he told her today stop her from asking questions and prodding a little deeper.

My guide says that Thomas will receive news that will leave him questioning everything.

• Love 7

I like Brooke. I can't take some forums because they spew constant hate. Ridge roped her in and confided in her. That's what friends do. I think they're non-romantic soul mates. I don't see the chemistry she had with RM. I don't think she wants him back. However, I doubt she's going to let what he told her today stop her from asking questions and prodding a little deeper.

Heaven help me I like her too, and I agree with what you say about her. I don't think she wants Ridge back, and it's not exactly her fault that Ridge confided in her in the first place. I must say, though, I would love for Stephanie to be alive just to see her reaction. I am very mad at Susan Flannery for leaving us!!!
  • Love 5

Why was Brooke teary-eyed when Ridge was giving her the hard sell on why and how Caroline's baby is his? Does it really bother her that he's having another kid with another (much younger) woman?

Steffy called Liam a strong man. Since when? Seems to me like he only jumps into problem situations once they've hit rock bottom and the only way to go is up.

A skeletal pregnant woman + stiletto heels + a stark spiral staircase. What could possibly go wrong? Maybe Caroline will accidentally fall down the stairs when the stress of keeping the lie gets to be too much for her.

Ridge, sweetie? There's these newfangled inventions: phones, email, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.. And there's blabbermouth Pam. Thomas is going to find out about the pregnancy and he will put 2 and 2 together, especially if squinty Brooke nudges him along.

Saw some interesting speculation on another forum. The day Caroline and Thomas got together, Caroline took a bottle of tranquilizers from Pam's desk. Has Pam missed her pills yet? What happens if she doesn't take them? Could her passive-aggressive outing of Caroline's pregnancy have happened in part because she's not on her medication? If so it would be an interesting way to swing Caroline's "theft" back around even though Pam likely doesn't know Caroline took them. It could also show that Pam has been diagnosed with some kind of mood or personality disorder which may have gotten out of control again...Oh, who am I kidding? Some ditz writer thought publicly humiliating Caroline at work (again) would be a laugh riot.

• Love 8

So, I think they may have dropped enough anvils today that Brooke will be the one to tell Thomas about Caroline's pregnancy.

If I never hear Ridge say "swimmers" again it will be too soon.

• Love 5

So, I think they may have dropped enough anvils today that Brooke will be the one to tell Thomas about Caroline's pregnancy.

If I never hear Ridge say "swimmers" again it will be too soon.

That's PC and we all know that B&B always wants to be PC. But, yes Ridge should never use that term again.

• Love 1

So now that Ivy and Steffy are *cough* BFFs, that SL seems to have roared to a screeching halt. Now what? I think the four of them should get into a "friends with benefits" scenario and trade partners. At least that would be something new.

I'm certain that Brooke's just giving lip-service to buying Ridge's hasty explanation about Caroline's pregnancy.

I could have happily gone all evening without seeing Chickenhead do a strip-tease. I used to like Pam and Charlie, but these days they really get on my nerves. It must kill good actors like Aly Mills, to have to play that schtick every day, especially with the lemon bars. It's hard to remember her Emmy-worthy performances back in the days during the Anne Douglas' dying SL. SMH.

• Love 4

the four of them should get into a "friends with benefits" scenario and trade partners.

And have Steffy find out how much more gifted Wyatt apparently is in certain areas? Her not knowing that is probably the only reason she hasn't decided to take him from Ivy too.
  • Love 9
Steffy called Liam a strong man. Since when? Seems to me like he only jumps into problem situations once they've hit rock bottom and the only way to go is up.

It seems like his way of ensuring success. Then, he can pretend to be humble while everyone praises him for saving the day.

There was a show where a hero got praises for his good deeds. As it turned out, all of the problems were planned or instigated by him to make him look good.

For example, he pushed a puppy or old lady in the street into oncoming traffic (for some reason, nobody notices this) and made a big scene out of saving the puppy/old lady.

Liam seems like that kind of hero to me. I wouldn't it put past him to provoke problems so that he come to the rescue.

• Love 4

Just when I thought I was going to have to be mad at Ridge, he checks himself and apologizes for being nasty to Brooke. Yes, because when you choose to pull someone into your business, when you choose to make someone your confidante, when you choose to unburden all your darkest secrets to your ex, well, then your business becomes their business. I would have been confused too. Even so, I have to say that I really enjoyed those scenes with Ridge and Brooke. I never, under any circumstances, want to see a Bridge reunion; at the same time, I don't want to see them at each other's throats. I know it is a lot to ask, but please show, just keep them as friends, because that works so much better with these two. And can I say how nice it was to see Brooke smiling again? And any day I get to hear KKL's giggle is a good day. 

Ah Wyatt, you are so friggin adorable. I fully expected him to just stand up and start disrobing, but when he got his wiggle on? Oh yeah, you go man. My eyebrows shot up when Ivy leaned forward and pulled out the waistband of Wyatt's really cute little undies, and dropped in those dollars for dancing. Pam and Charlie may have been a little much, but it was all in fun, something the show hasn't had much of lately, so I will shut it. 

How clueless are Steffy and Liam? Steffy see's him as strong, and Liam see's her as honest and caring. Perfect example of the blind leading the blind. I guess when you are both horrible people it is best to believe the unbelievable about each other. 

• Love 13

Of all the preposterous things people on this show have said, Ivy claiming that stealing boyfriends is something Steffy would never really do has to be way at the top. Has she had any relationship that didn't start with her rubbing up against a taken man?

Technically, Rick had been split up from Taylor and Phoebe for a while before the two decided to bang before Phoebe's body grew cold.

But yeah, you'd think that having Hope's number one fangirl as her best friend/cousin that Ivy would have not been surprised.

This show is stupid.

• Love 3

It seems like his way of ensuring success. Then, he can pretend to be humble while everyone praises him for saving the day.

There was a show where a hero got praises for his good deeds. As it turned out, all of the problems were planned or instigated by him to make him look good.

For example, he pushed a puppy or old lady in the street into oncoming traffic (for some reason, nobody notices this) and made a big scene out of saving the puppy/old lady.

Liam seems like that kind of hero to me. I wouldn't it put past him to provoke problems so that he come to the rescue.

That "protagonist" has far more initiative than Liam has ever shown. All I've seen of him is stumbling from one situation to the next, sitting there staring like a goldfish as Hope or Steffy or their relatives badgered him into picking one or the other. He's Fitzgerald Grant, minus the good hair and the murderous tendencies.
  • Love 2

I love how they keep showing the the stark contrast between the two couples. Ivy was shoving twenties in Wyatt's waistband at the same time Liam was rubbing Steffi's sweaty feet!

Yeah ... What ever happened to Adventure-lovin' Liam and FUNSteffy!?

"I need you to concentrate on my hammertoes tonight, and easy the bunions this time ... Those Manolo's are torture after four hours."

• Love 4

I'm certain that Brooke's just giving lip-service to buying Ridge's hasty explanation about Caroline's pregnancy.

Absolutely. Brooke has plenty of time to test Ridge's story on the vasectomy reversal on the very jumpy and nervous Caroline. Watching Brooke's appeal to have Thomas reinstated in Los Angeles, directing her words at Caroline, should have had Ridge crushing that idea and not letting it hang in the air.

• Love 2

Hi, AussieBabe! Welcome to the Forum.

giphy.gif

Nicole has no idea what she's getting in to. We have an 18/19 year old fresh out of high school inexperienced young woman willing to give away her first baby to her sister and BIL. I find it impossible to believe that she won't bond with that baby at all. She's going to feel that child growing for 40 +/- weeks. Maya is selfish to ask her. I hope their parents come through and shut it all the way down.

Loved having Mom and Dad Avant swanning in the front door after Nicole has just convinced Zende being Maya and Rick's surrogate is her highest calling. Dad says he's genuinely sorry about his behavior and is going to accept Maya as his daughter.

Well, hold on to your hat Pops. You're going to be a grandfather ... via artificial insemination with Nicole's eggs and Rick's sperm. That's right! Another completely and totally unnatural sexual procedure only found in godless medical facilities. Keep a straight face and keep the effusive Congratulations coming, and bless the day you walked away from everything you've known... You need a place to live and a job, and Maya and Rick are your gateway to all that California glory. 

Suddenly the Forrester Mansion has plenty of room for an intern/unwed mothers hostel and free roof for outstate relatives.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 6

Alrighty then! Mr. and Mrs. Avant are back on the scene! Let the games begin! (BTW, nice suit, Mr. Avant.)

Still don't understand why Zende is involved in this decision. He and Nicole have had one date and that wasn't until last week. I think Nicole pulling him into it is manufactured drama on her part. She's too young for Maya to be putting her in a position of having to make a decision she's not mature enough to make.

• Love 7

As an aside, do Raya feel any weirdness at all about living in his father's house at their age? Okay, they first did it to rub it in everyone's face that he was in charge, but now that he's not anymore, what's the point? Even when he was a teen father with Amber I do seem to recall the both of them living in a separate house from Brooke for most of the four years they were together.

• Love 3

Saint Nicole and Noble Zende will have to wait to consummate their love. Can you see butterflies and rainbows shooting out their asses? Oh please let them do the deed and Nicole find out she is pregnant before Napoleon and Josephine defiles that stupid naïve little girl who want to pay them back for everything that they have done for her. One thing though, wasn't it Ridge and not Maya that gave her the internship. I still say Rick and Maya are selfish ass holes only confirmed by their snoopy dance in the kitchen over being the most wonderful parents in the world.

I hope Maya's mother and father will put the kibosh on their plans by telling Maya that Nicole was adopted because Dad Avant was so disappointed with his first born.

Why is Brooke so concerned with Thomas and what is Thomas to her? Thomas is not her son so why would she care about his banishment more than CJ's? Isn't CJ about the right age to be brought into the fold? Brooke, Pam, and Charlie should form a detective agency and their business card should read We Mind Your Business So You Don't Have To.

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 11

Alrighty then! Mr. and Mrs. Avant are back on the scene! Let the games begin! (BTW, nice suit, Mr. Avant.)

Still don't understand why Zende is involved in this decision. He and Nicole have had one date and that wasn't until last week. I think Nicole pulling him into it is manufactured drama on her part. She's too young for Maya to be putting her in a position of having to make a decision she's not mature enough to make.

I wouldn't mind Zende having something to say if, instead of whining about how her being pregnant would make it a total bummer to be a young couple, he was more concerned about the effects of this on Nicole's emotional and physical well-being.  Not to mention that Zende is the perfect person to point out that biology doesn't make family.  (Actually, Maya herself should get that concept, given that she's had a relationship with her parents that ranges from non-existent to crappy for most of her life.) 

• Love 7

I loved when the Avants strolled in! Nicole irks me with her whole Maya has given me this/that. Ugh. Stop it. She didn't give you an organ that saved your life or bone marrow. Cut the dramaticism. You're living in your BIL's father's home, working for your BILs family company, etc. IRL, there's no way in the world Nicole would be a viable or ideal surrogate. Bell pull the plug on this.

Papa Avant was looking dapper today. I lived for his speech during their wedding. I felt his pain and empathised with him. I hope he blows a gasket and doesn't become a Raya arse kisser. They truly are sickening. "Oh we're going to be amazing parents. Too bad this could eff up my baby sister's first love and real romance. Oh but wait until we hold our baby. I love you Ricky Pooh." Make it stop. Ughhh!

• Love 10

Hey Zende, go talk to Auntie Brooke. Pregnant women can and DO have sex. Geez, we don't even need Captain Obvious to weigh in on this one. I guess that a way to make this halfway palatable will be for, once Nicole gets pregnant, that Maya will have some sort of mental snap and turn Nicole into a prisoner in her own home -- controlling what she eats, who she sees, won't let her leave the house, etc. Nicole's and Maya's own private hell. Zende can somehow rescue Nicole and Maya will get sent to a psychiatric facility for a very long time. (Sadly, I don't think those two actresses -- or actor -- have the talent to pull something like that off.)

I really loved Caroline's dress today. I just hate that she's become this meek, cowering shadow of her former self. Yeah, I also don't understand why Brooke is being so persistent about Thomas being in Paris. Either she's trying to force something to happen (e.g. break up Caridge) OR she's looking from all of this from a business angle and questioning their decisions relative to the bottom line of FC??? I know this is UO, but I still think that the end game for all of this is a Bridge reunion. I know that I don't want to see that because I think TK and KKL absolutely stink together. Otherwise, I don't quite follow where all of this is heading.

Hopefully, Mama and Papa Avant will shut down that nonsense before it gets too far off the ground.

• Love 5

From a business standpoint, he kind of should've told people that Thomas was gone. When your president and VP (and the head of international) are out of the loop, of course people are going to ask questions. He left under suspicious circumstances, and Ridge has been acting all jumpy and nervous. He's telling Caroline to play it cool, but he looks more nervous than a virgin on her wedding night. He was so adamant to have Thomas around and guided him as to how to do the line how he wanted. Now, he suddenly needs to be in Paris to be on the ground when they have several people in Europe. His explanation makes no sense. I vaguely remember KKL saying she didn't want a Bridge reunion with TK. With almost 30 years on the show, I would hope that she has some input on her character.

I think Brooke cares because she senses something is off. Caroline and her facial expressions and Ridge's moodiness whenever he's mentioned gives it away. It won't take rocket science for Brooke to piece it together. I get the feeling that she's going to mention the pregnancy to Thomas thinking that as the brother of this new baby, he already knows. It would be right on time for November sweeps.

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 2

Does forester have a men's line ,because to me that's all zende is fit for. He's too pretty and perfect to be anything but.....other than the fact that I don't think he's much of an actor .....yet! They've got one too many baby story lines going. Brooke is back with the one eyed tear, although she looks a lot better these days. Guess being without a man suits her.

• Love 1

I think Brooke cares because she senses something is off. Caroline and her facial expressions and Ridge's moodiness whenever he's mentioned gives it away. It won't take rocket science for Brooke to piece it together. I get the feeling that she's going to mention the pregnancy to Thomas thinking that as the brother of this new baby, he already knows. It would be right on time for November sweeps.

I agree, and I don't have a problem with Brooke's behavior in this story at all.  She's the one person who is thinking clearly about any of this.  Ridge and Caroline sure didn't think it through before coming up with their cockamamie story.  Why not just say they had an anonymous sperm donor?  That would have taken care of everything and Brooke would have bought it.  

Did Ridge really tell Caroline yesterday that there's nothing more important than family?  Uh, right.  Tell that to the son he sent packing back to Paris to keep him from his unborn child.  Or the son stowed away in boarding school somewhere, or the brother he stole his wife from.  Or is "family" only the current wife and unborn child?

• Love 5

RANT #1

It is not very often that I genuinely feel bad for a soap character because..... well, because they are soap characters. But I do feel bad for Nicole, and I have to give all of that to Reign Edwards who is totally selling me on her ambivalence about doing this. The girl should not be in this position of trying to weigh what is right and what is wrong. Maya and Rick should have discussed their desire to have a baby with Nicole, outlining their options, and planting the seed in Nicole's brain. Then let the girl think about it on her own and approach them about doing this. Then, the three of them could have consulted with some experts, and Nicole could have made an informed decision. It may have taken some time, but what is the all fired hurry? If I didn't know better I would think Maya is in some kind of race with Caroline to get to the maternity ward. What is really waxing my chaps is this phony concern for Nicole. When the girl is around them, they are solemn, and low key, but the minute Nicole leaves the room, it is all about them, and their baby, and their happiness, and what a great mother Maya is gonna be. PFFFT!! Enough! Those two are going to make Nicole's life a living hell. Maya is going to become Nicole's keeper and her jailer, because girlfriend is going to get her baby. Here is what I would like to see happen; Maya gets way over protective of Nicole and is making her miserable, Rick takes pity on the girl and starts to bond with her, and eventually sees Maya for the cretin she really is and dumps her for Nicole. That, or Zende pushes Nicole to have sex with him before she gets pregnant, and the baby turns out to be his. Anything to wipe that smug, satisfied smile off of Maya's face. This SL is giving me the sticky ick's in a major way. The thought of injecting Rick's little guys into his way too young sister-in-law makes me squirm in my seat. Even for this show with it's history of kissing cousins, and it's Bob, Carol, Ted and Alice mentality, it is too much for me. I know it is supposed to be a beautiful and loving gesture, but all I can see and feel is ICK, ICK, ICK! 

RANT #2

Being a Brooke lover from the moment I laid eye's on her, I am pretty much in tune with her mannerisms and nuances, and I am seeing nothing to indicate that she is "after Ridge". I just don't get where viewers are coming to this conclusion. What has she done exactly? She has listened to Ridge, at his behest, and she has also given him very good advice. Was she wrong to advise him to tell Caroline the truth? Was she wrong to advise him to get a second opinion? If she was so hell bent on getting Ridge back, why would she even suggest it? I would think she would be jumping for joy that he can't get his young, beautiful wife pregnant; instead she was trying to offer him alternatives and to make him feel better. At what time has she made any move on Ridge since he and Caroline have been married? If Brooke was after Ridge, and was this predatory creature some think, wouldn't it have made perfect sense for her to have seized her opportunity when Ridge kicked Caroline out? He was upset and distraught, and would have been an easy target, but instead of making romantic moves, Brooke tried to prop him up and told him to call Caroline and work this out. I am aware of her actions when she first returned from Milan; she was snapping her fingers and staging bikini clad ambushes. But all that has changed. Why? Because of Caroline. Brooke knows Ridge better than anyone, and has heard his laments of love for other women over the years. If that was all there was to it, Brooke would be sitting back and biding her time. But that isn't all there is to it because Brooke has never dealt with someone like Caroline. Ridge's other women; Taylor, Ashley, Katie, I will not include Morgan or Donna for obvious reasons, were all the same in their fear of Brooke and her history with Ridge. Historically, Brooke has not been the antagonist, but the recipient of nasty behavior and comments. I remember scene after scene, and SL after SL, where Brooke has moved on, but Ridge won't let her go and who gets blamed? Brooke of course. Ridge's other women would swoop down on Brooke in her office or her home, telling her to "stay away from their man", when in actuality, it was Ridge invading Brooke's space. And of course there was Stephanie, who teamed up with any woman not Brooke, and would then commence with their best mean girls impersonation. This was all long before Deacon too, so don't even try to pull that card. Caroline is way different though. She respects Ridge and Brooke's history, but she is not intimidated or threatened by it. Everyone was all "OH! Wait till Caroline finds out that Ridge confided in Brooke!" And what happened? She wasn't upset that he shared his confidence with his ex-wife; she was only concerned because now she is pregnant, possibly with her son-in-laws child, and she is being asked to keep this secret by her husband. Caroline is smart enough to know that Brooke could easily put two and two together, and is only concerned with the dreadful truth getting out. I guess in the simplest terms; there is no challenge for Brooke anymore. The biggest challenge, Stephanie, is gone, and Caroline isn't a challenge because she embraces the Bridge history. 

It was nice to see Mama and Papa A. I didn't miss Maya's instant stance of defensiveness. I hope they rope her and her husband in, putting the hammer down on this whole sordid mess. 

FRIDAY SHALLOW NOTES

Do they have new folks in wardrobe? With the exception of Ridge, who remains his sexily rumpled self, and Liam, who continues to wear his crotch crunching blue suits; everyone has been looking mighty fine this week. I will even include Steffy in that; I loved that orange/red dress she was wearing, and appreciated that she had pulled that animal skin on her head into an up do. Loved Caroline's black dress and the loudly patterned one she was wearing yesterday. Nicole's wardrobe has done a complete 360, and she has apparently stopped shopping for Bananarama and Boy George castoffs. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 10
Does forester have a men's line ,because to me that's all zende is fit for.

He's kind of short though. Carter might be a better choice, IMO, if it weren't for his overly bulked-out (again, IMO; ugh) body.

Zende pushes Nicole to have sex with him before she gets pregnant, and the baby turns out to be his.

Yep, that's one of my bets. But I think it would be better if Nicole would be the one doing the pushing. Don't want to see a replay of what happened with Thomas and Caroline.

Re Brooke, I agree that she hasn't made any overt moves to get Ridge back, nor has she taken advantage of the brief openings she had to do so. However, I would speculate that at this point Brooke wants Ridge to come to her, hat in hand, to rekindle their relationship. She doesn't want to be the one to make that move. I also think that she doesn't really want him back so much as she wants to have one last time to reject him and have the final word on any possibility of them becoming romantic again. I think she considers herself Ridge's OTL and always will regardless of how they're relating to each other openly, but she knows that he's essentially moved on. If it's not Caroline it'll be someone else and she's perhaps tired of fighting that battle.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 6

Reign Edwards who is totally selling me on her ambivalence about doing this

I agree with a lot of your post, but I can't agree with this, I think she's terrible.  Her acting, IMO , has a kind of "blah" affect & I don't see much difference in how she is in this storyline vs her blackmailing Maya storyline.  Honestly, I think they only time she shows life is when she's dancing...who knows, maybe that's why she did it so often!

Re: Zende; showing that I'm an old lady, but are the kids wearing their hair like that nowadays?  It gives me an 80s boy band vibe (not that I'm saying it's a bad thing).

• Love 6

Wait wait DID Forrester ever have a men's line? That would be very interesting. Esp since sartorial Rick would be all over that. Hell he could design that. LOL

Also yes I agree the guys on this show are almost too muscled and some too short. The rest scrawny. If I'm trying to think of actor examples who are male modelly and have the physique maybe Matt Bomer, Michael Fassbender, Idris Elba?

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 4

Wait wait DID Forrester ever have a men's line?

Didn't Thomas design for the men's line & kiss Brooke on the runway for that line's fashion show?  And didn't Brooke & Thomas crash into the boinkberries while they were traveling to promote the men's line?

• Love 4
Re Brooke, I agree that she hasn't made any overt moves to get Ridge back, nor has she taken advantage of the brief openings she had to do so. However, I would speculate that at this point Brooke wants Ridge to come to her, hat in hand, to rekindle their relationship. She doesn't want to be the one to make that move. I also think that she doesn't really want him back so much as she wants to have one last time to reject him and have the final word on any possibility of them becoming romantic again. I think she considers herself Ridge's OTL and always will regardless of how they're relating to each other openly, but she knows that he's essentially moved on. If it's not Caroline it'll be someone else and she's perhaps tired of fighting that battle.

Oh, how much do I like this? This is an angle that I hadn't even considered. Maybe she is looking for the ultimate payback for dumping her for Paris? 

And right on cue, I find this bonus scene:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_bold_and_the_beautiful/video/5ADE0F0F-47A5-6F0E-65FD-8B4B8EA28953/the-bold-and-the-beautiful-baby-talk/

Honestly, I think they only time she shows life is when she's dancing...who knows, maybe that's why she did it so often!

The Dork Shuffle! We haven't seen that in awhile. I love it all the same. 

• Love 1

Didn't Thomas design for the men's line & kiss Brooke on the runway for that line's fashion show? And didn't Brooke & Thomas crash into the boinkberries while they were traveling to promote the men's line?

Oh yea.....I hated Bromas.

• Love 4

The primary reason why I think there is a possibility of a Bridge reunion is not because it's something that I want to see, or the actors either give a thumbs-up or thumbs-down to. It's proven history with Brad Bell. I can't think of any other options with this SL. It's pretty certain that Thomas is going to find out that he's the father of Caroline's baby and will probably end up with her, freeing Ridge. Who else is available for their him or Brooke? Brooke's struck out with both Deacon and Bill (the latter whom she subtly dumped.) Unless they bring back Thorne, or Brooke ends up with Carter, I don't see any other direction

ITA that a man-less Brooke is a breath of fresh air. Maybe BB will realize this and keep her this way. But he never seems to march to any beat other than his own drum, so that's unlikely.

YMMV.

Edited by grisgris
  • Love 2
Yep, that's one of my bets. But I think it would be better if Nicole would be the one doing the pushing. Don't want to see a replay of what happened with Thomas and Caroline.

I still think we'll get some form of Nicole deciding she doesn't want to be a pregnant virgin, so she'll have sex with Zende right before she's inseminated.  

• Love 6

Ridge and Caroline are acting so suspiciously in that clip, RuntheTable. "I haven't really discussed it with Thomas?" And you don't think that's setting off alarm bells, Ridge?

A magical reversal/procedure that couldn't have happened over a few weeks ago in on screen time, a confirmed pregnancy, and morning sickness? I don't blame Brooke for being suspicious.

ETA: often pregnancy does not occur immediately. Especially in this case because it was two fold. Low mobility and a vasectomy. That would take time even if he was on medication to help. Their idiotic story makes no sense.

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 3

A magical reversal/procedure that couldn't have happened over a few weeks ago in on screen time, a confirmed pregnancy, and morning sickness? I don't blame Brooke for being suspicious.

Adding Ridge's defensive demeanor makes it look all the more suspicious.
  • Love 1

Being a Brooke lover from the moment I laid eye's on her, I am pretty much in tune with her mannerisms and nuances, and I am seeing nothing to indicate that she is "after Ridge". I just don't get where viewers are coming to this conclusion. What has she done exactly? 

I think it's more fear of the idiot writers attempting to push Bridge together regardless of how forced it is to do so. Everybody thought Brooke was over him when she got married to Thorne. We know how that turned out.

Still, you've got a good point about Caroline's reaction and the absence of Stephanie kicking up the hornet's nest this go around.

• Love 1

I think it's more fear of the idiot writers attempting to push Bridge together regardless of how forced it is to do so. Everybody thought Brooke was over him when she got married to Thorne. We know how that turned out.

And when we were supposed to think Brooke was over Ridge when she was with Nick. So yeah, we can't really be blamed for not trusting the writers.
  • Love 2

Maya's mother feign's innocent too much, "I told him he should tell you but he wanted it to be a surprise." You don't have a cell phone lady? Send your daughter a text yourself! Stop pushing blame for everything like she has no other choices at all. 

Then again with the moving "your father and I made a decision, but it wasn't me! I didn't want to tell you like this...." Take some responsibility!

Maya should be kicking her father out of the "magnificent house" he's talking about. He's all about money or for himself. The mother can go with him too. 

Bill and Ridge are around the same age aren't they? (In real life Don's 3 years older than Thorsten) Bill just had a kid, so who is he for saying Ridge is too old for having a baby.

They should send Pam to work in the basement, she can't shut up.

• Love 9