Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Okay, about the Halloween party guests, this is my unscientific analysis:

Pam - Effie Trinket from the Hunger Games movies, but on meth
Charlie - a circus ringmaster, PT Barnum?
Carter - I dunno, Super Steroid Man?
Wyatt - the Crocodile Hunter meets Crocodile Dundee
Thomas - that guy from Top Gun but probably not you-know-who because Thomas is at least twice as tall as that guy
Ivy - she referenced Norma Desmond from Sunset Boulevard but she's really too young, beautiful, and not crazypants to make that work, IMO. So I'm gonna say she was either Liz Taylor or Ava Gardner in their heyday. (Also, looks like Y&R called dibs on the Cleopatra costume with Lily trying way too hard with it, IMO)
Quinn - a generic fairy tale princess? Not sure what that was all about because it was a mess of different fashion eras and cultural references. She looked great though.
Deacon - a generic fairy tale prince or a renaissance faire cast member
James, Meg, and Johnny Mac from this summer's season Big Brother - I don't know what any of them were supposed to be and I hope they all still have their regular jobs.

Anyways, unless the party continues on Monday it was kinda sad, I think. Most of the cast wasn't there and people who were there were generally the "B" team.

Saw it coming down Broadway but still wasn't thrilled about Zende trying to seduce Nicole out of doing the surrogacy. Next week I imagine either she'll shut him down or they'll be interrupted.

No passion at all between these two

I agree. IMO they don't come across very convincingly as being into each other, especially on Zende's part. Nicole just seems like a cheerleader crushing on the team quarterback while the quarterback seems like he might have his eye on the wide receiver. The actors are pretty AF but lacking in the drama skillz.

• Love 5

I don't think you will ever see it. Something I have observed from watching GH and now this show - horrible characters don't have to pay. They get whitewashed. Maya doesn't have to pay for her horrible actions because they magically disappeared the moment it was known she used to have a penis. Rick doesn't have to pay because he loves Maya so that makes all his sins forgiven too.

I'd say all the characters get whitewashed. Stephanie was a vile troll made likeable only by what Susan Flannery brought to the table who was responsible for Brooke getting raped and yet who is whit her side at her death bed?

Taylor is the only character that is in the same stratosphere of sainthood that it took Maya six months to achieve. She was untouchable for YEARS.

I won't bother going over Ridge's history, nor the three years that Hope and Steffy ruined the show for nearly everyone at TwoP, nor Liam's continued presence on this show after his Green Card marriage.

TLDR: I agree with this. I wish I thought it had to do with political correctness (which doesn't help), but even if Maya remained a natal woman and had some other secret that made the character take off (much like the personality transplant Caroline got three years ago) TIIC would have pulled the same crap. And it would've sucked just as hard.

What? No Steffy and Liam at the Halloween party? I was waiting for them to show up as an organ grinder and her monkey.

Wouldn't the Wicked Witch of the West and a Flying Monkey be more approps? :p

That, or Pinocchio and Geppetto. Either or.

• Love 8

So........ Zende and Nicole are gonna bump and grind and we're not gonna know who's baby it is aren't we.

Or when Numbskull goes to get impregnated they run a standard pregnancy test on her and say, we can't impregnate you now - you're already pregnant!!! Some angst for Boris and Natasha, Numbskull is in the Forrester family on her own, and an end to this surrogate nonsense. Then maybe Boris and Natasha will try to buy this baby.

Can I just say how much I hate the big brother people making an appearance on this show? Half the actors on this show can't buy airtime and what airtime there is is wasted on a freaking reality show and creating awkward forced scenes for people I don't give a shit about.

And who can't act. They made me miss Mushmouth.

Anyways, unless the party continues on Monday it was kinda sad, I think. Most of the cast wasn't there and people who were there were generally the "B" team.

Maybe the "A" team were all in their offices working. Ah-hahahahahaha! Hey, it could happen, couldn't it?

• Love 7

THANK YOU!!! Did I miss the episode where this was discussed as another option? Take eggs from Nicole and have someone else carry it -- pay a professional surrogate. There are tons of them out there in Los Angeles!

Indeed you did! When Nicole agreed, Maya immediately brought up that the doctor told them about harvesting an egg and getting a surrogate, but Nicole said that she wanted to do both.  Zende also brought up donating her eggs and Nicole said she wanted to be involved in the whole process.

• Love 4
What? No Steffy and Liam at the Halloween party? I was waiting for them to show up as an organ grinder and her monkey.

But that wouldn't be a costume. That's just their every day thing. 

Or when Numbskull goes to get impregnated they run a standard pregnancy test on her and say, we can't impregnate you now - you're already pregnant!!! Some angst for Boris and Natasha, Numbskull is in the Forrester family on her own, and an end to this surrogate nonsense. Then maybe Boris and Natasha will try to buy this baby.

Or they could pull the same shit GH did, and Nicole will talk to the doctor into keeping her secret, and let Rick and Maya go on thinking this is the baby she agreed to carry for some length of time.  Eventually, Zende figures it out and he wants to raise his baby, not just hand it over to Rick and Maya.  

• Love 6

Or they could pull the same shit GH did, and Nicole will talk to the doctor into keeping her secret, and let Rick and Maya go on thinking this is the baby she agreed to carry for some length of time.  Eventually, Zende figures it out and he wants to raise his baby, not just hand it over to Rick and Maya.  

Oh please let it be this! I'd give anything to see the smug crushed out of Rick and Maya after spending months congratulating each other and gloating and preparing for their royal offspring to arrive, only to find out they don't get to keep their little prize after all.  The only drawback to that storyline is that there's no doubt in my mind that they will come out as the poor, wronged victims and Nicole will be the baddie for plotting to keep the truth from them, meaning she and everyone else will have to fall all over themselves for months and months to make it up to them.  In fact, given that Ridge and Caroline are in almost the same story right now seems to up the odds that this will happen. Brad Bell's already notorious for recycling, so why not save the trouble of coming up with something new, and run the same story simultaneously with two different groups of characters?

• Love 5

Maya and Rick were in the room the whole time. Nicole said the doc could say anything in front of them. It was awkward when the doc was asking about her sex life or lack thereof. And Maya said something about it needing to be when she was ready. I can't remember the exact statements.

You know I just thought of something else. The writers have no issue with making pregnancy and fertility complicated. (Bridget's issues, Ridge's low mobility, etc.) I hope they wouldn't take a dark turn. How would the writers handle it if Nicole had a miscarriage, and do Maya/Rick realise that things like that do happen? I would hope that they wouldn't ask her to try again. The storyline is lacking realism like addressing the risks. It's way too rushed. I find it hard to believe her cycle has been tracked and all of that in a few weeks time. Do the writers do any research and consulting with people who are in the know? Maybe they just wing it.

I'm grossed out by Ivy and Thomas. Writers stop it now. Just a few weeks ago she was claiming that Steffy was her cousin. Can we please have one happy couple who gets airtime? Deacon and Quinn seem to be happy, but we see them maybe once every few weeks. I like Ivy and Wyatt. Hire another actress for Thomas. And when was he there for her? She must be referencing some off-screen events.

Looking forward to next week.

• Love 5

Yep, the subtext being that Nicole won't be ready until Maya says she is and that won't be anytime within the next year at least.

Well, yes, of course. The Raya baby should have a virginal birth, come into life pure and saintly. 

• Love 7

Once again, Thomas sinks to a new low. Thomas' perpetual willingness to eat off another man's plate (so to speak) is bad enough, but his latest target being his cousin is beneath contempt. I don't know what's worse-the writers trying to destroy Wyvy when they've just got started or their using Thomas to do it. As for Ivy's claim that Thomas "has always been there for [her]," the only man who's done that regularly that I've seen has been Wyatt, not Thomas. Wyatt is the one who has mentally and emotionally supported Ivy through all the Steffy-based drama for the past few months while Thomas has been too busy chasing Caroline to give Ivy the time of day, fortunately for Ivy. Thomas may have been in the right place at the right time once, but Wyatt has been there for Ivy time and time again. Based on what I've seen so far, Wyatt & Ivy are perfect together; Ivy & Thomas, otoh, are just too much wrong on too many levels.

I never thought I'd say this, but poor Nicole. As proven by their treatment of Nicole through the whole surrogacy mess, Maya & Rick's selfishness knows few bounds. At least Raya didn't ask Nicole in May, so that she could give them a Christmas baby, as if this show needed anymore excuses to canonize Maya. Nicole doesn't owe Raya anything, especially not a baby.  Nicole may say that she's got no problems doing this, but that terrified look on Nicole's face in Friday's episode said otherwise.  I don't always agree with Julius, but when it comes to this, I'm Team Julius all day, every day.  If Nicole were my daughter & she was asked to do something that I don't think she's physically, mentally nor emotionally ready for, like giving up her first-born child, I'd not only try my damndest to talk her out of it myself, if that didn't work, I'd ask her  friends and/or her boyfriend to talk some sense into her, like Julius did with Zende.  When Zende & Nicole kissed on Friday's episode, I was hoping & praying for more, just for the ultimate pleasure of having Rick & Maya's hopes & dreams of having a family dashed when the truth comes out, as they should be.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 8

If Nicole is still a virgin too bad she will lose it this way!  Can you imagine the uproar if Caitlyn Jenner said she wanted one of her daughters with Kris to be a surrogate for her?!

Don't give Kris any ideas! I understand the ratings for KUWTK are falling fast.

• Love 5

I think if Nicole's never had sex she still will be a virgin despite giving birth. Her hymen could get broken any number of ways, e.g., horseback riding, so in her case that's just a technicality. Odds are though when she goes into labor they'll have to do a C-section for some reason and her hymen will remain intact. Then she can make a big production of "giving" it to Zende or whoever.

If it weren't for the fact that Caitlyn Jenner is pushing 70 I could totally see the K/J clan putting on a surrogacy storyline. For sure there's going to be a romance, engagement, wedding, honeymoon, etc. A baby would be the icing on the cake if Cait were 30 years younger.

Brooke and Eric are going to weigh in with the Avants. Brooke is is concerned about Nicole bonding with the baby and her motherly instincts. Finally someone says it and expresses some concern in that regard. I'm on my mobile so I can't watch the video posted on another forum.

Friday's episode was cringe-tastic.

Nicole talking about her sex life in front of her sister's HUSBAND (or lack thereof). I don't care that she said she didn't mind talking about this in front of Raya and Maya with her "helpful" advice. Girl, bye.

Thomas and his insta-pursuit of Ivy. It's as if dude has a roulette wheel with various gals' pictures and just spins - first Caroline, then whatever that was with Nicole, then the intern, now Ivy? I am still convinced dude is gay and this is his way of fighting off the inevitable. It's also making Ivy look like the dumbest dumb that ever dumbed. So Thomas "rescues" her from a falling camera (I can't believe I just typed that nonsense), so now she's just going to chuck Wyatt, you know the sweet, loyal, hottie that has always been there for her and is good in bed to boot for this ass-clown rapist creepo?

61fkG5h.gif

I'd rather her go back to sad Waffles than Thomas all day, every day.

Zende and Nicole - okay, so these two are barely dating but have already exchanged "I love yous" and are now about to hop into bed. I don't like Zende putting the pressure on Nicole to show her what she'll be missing when she's big as a house (thanks Papa Julius!) anymore than Raya is putting pressure on her to conceive and carry their spawn. Something tells me while Zende is like any other red-blooded male and would certainly welcome the chance to engage in sexay times, if it weren't for the possibility of Nicole having her very own starring role in Jane the Virgin, Zende wouldn't be doing a full-court press. Also, she has enough to deal with, she doesn't need him pressuring her more. 

Also, is it just me or does Nicole look equally terrified in her scenes with Zende as she does with Raya?

Which is a clear sign that if Nicole doesn't feel ready to have sex, then she sure as hell isn't ready to take on a likely consequence of sex (pregnancy). 

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 14

Go on Zende, you go right on and get down with your Tube Steak Boogie. You show Nicole what she is giving up and missing out on by choosing to have sex with a turkey baster instead of the real deal. I swear, if it were possible, I would be standing right behind those two cheering Zende on. Those scenes in the doctors office? How infuriating! I need someone to explain to me how Nicole passed the psychological part of this mess. I don't care what is coming out of her mouth, all you need to do is look at the girl; she is clearly scared and unsure, just shaking in her shoes. And then to hear Maya chirping in about Nicole's love/sex life, saying something about only when the time is right and she is "committed". WHAAAA??? Oh, right, like the night our little Transgendered Princess stealthily went over to Brooke's house, and climbed into bed with a distraught, heartbroken, confused and very drunk Rick? Because she was committed to her seat at the head of the Forrester dinner table. Oh, so you go right on Zende, and get your groove on young man. I will help you by channeling Sissy from Urban Cowboy, and her lament that she would "ride that bull again and again. I will ride that bull all I want". 

Did Thomas pull a page out of Liam's Playbook? Saving the girls now Thomas? According to Ivy, this isn't the first time either. Whateva! That shit must have happened on that other B&B show, the one I missed, because I don't really remember these two having any interactions until Thomas was shown the video. And to let this leering lech go on about Ivy's possible "other" costumes? What a pig. Wyatt should have slapped the snot out of him just because he fucking could. Or beat him about the head and body with that stuffed Kangaroo. Was Thomas trying to be Iceman? As if? When I look at Thomas this is all I see now:

This is what B&B has reduced me to; I fear I will go down in a rage blackout screaming my dislike and distaste for the current SLs.

• Love 14

Nicole talking about her sex life in front of her sister's HUSBAND (or lack thereof). I don't care that she said she didn't mind talking about this in front of Raya and Maya with her "helpful" advice. Girl, bye.

Yeah I kind of feel like one of two things should have happened here. Either the doctor should have pushed a little, even something like "I really would prefer we talk alone," or wonderful Rick & Maya who have done so much for Nicole should have said "No, you're entitled to your privacy, we'll leave."

Also, is it just me or does Nicole look equally terrified in her scenes with Zende as she does with Raya?

I think that's just the actress' default facial expression.
  • Love 8

Bad writing definitely. What doctor with any level of ethics would go along with this? The same applies to the shrink(s). The doctor should've insisted on talking to her alone. That fertility doc must have blinders on to not see that Nicole isn't ready and looks freaked out. Yet, she's going on about how it's the perfect time because of her cycle. Regardless as to what her mouth is saying, her body language and facial expressions paint a different picture. Maya is so wrapped up in having a baby that she's not picking up on it or doesn't care.

Zende and Nicole doing the horizontal polka. If nothing else, she didn't look ready for a visit to pound town (guy on 90 Day Fiance said this). So I'm pretty sure she isn't ready to give birth to her first child, hand the baby over, and prepare to carry on with life like he/she is her niece/nephew.

I may not always like what Julius has to say, and he may come off as small minded but I agree with what he said about Maya deciding what Nicole should do with her body. Maya has handpicked the father of her first child, has decided when this needs to happen, and what Nicole is going to do with her firstborn. Nevermind what Nicole has going on in her life or that she has an internship/job/opportunities to advance/whatever. Nevermind that she has started a new relationship. It's like...I want to have a baby, and I want you to conceive within this frame. I don't recall them ever asking Nicole when would be a good time. It's like they asked her to do it and then it was time to get started immediately. It's like the writers have forgotten that this isn't Maya's uterus and they're not a couple who needs IUI to boost the odds of conceiving. They need IUI AND her sister who seems to have no input or say in the matter. If her cycle has been tracked, they have a pretty good idea of when it would be an optimal time to do it. They may be ready for the first available date. But is Nicole?

• Love 9

ITA about the doctor's incompetence. A good doctor would have told, not asked, Rick & Maya to leave the room. Maya's giving her unsolicited opinions about Nicole's sex life-or rather, the lack thereof- in front of Nicole and Rick alone should have been reason enough for the doctor to kick them out. Maya reminds me of Veruca Salt from Willy Wonka/Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, who not only wants what she wants, she wants it now. As for Zende's tactics with Nicole,  IMO at least he's doing it for the right reasons, unlike Raya.

• Love 7

ITA about the doctor's incompetence. A good doctor would have told, not asked, Rick & Maya to leave the room. Maya's giving her unsolicited opinions about Nicole's sex life-or rather, the lack thereof- in front of Nicole and Rick alone should have been reason enough for the doctor to kick them out. Maya reminds me of Veruca Salt from Willy Wonka/Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, who not only wants what she wants, she wants it now. As for Zende's tactics with Nicole, IMO at least he's doing it for the right reasons, unlike Raya.

Rick and Maya definitely should have left the room but they didn't because they are selfish and that had to be all up in Nicole's business.

Both the doctor and whoever did Nicole's psych exam are incompetent. There is no way Nicole could have passed given the question that where asked or should have been asked. My daughter had to go through an psych evaluation just as an egg donor. Not only did the physiologist ask questions and listened to her answers but he also was studying her body language as she answered. Nicole's apprehension should have been picked up by either doctor. Rick and Maya couldn't give a shit.

• Love 10

I don't see Rick and Maya as the bad guys here.  They've given Nicole AMPLE opportunities to say no and she just will not do it.  And it's not as if they're holding something over her head like her internship if she says no.

I could not disagree more. This storyline is absolutely gross and Maya and Rick are disgusting. I don't really understand what the show wants the viewers to think of these two. They are presented as some great love story - overcoming her big giant secret and yet? They are the most selfish horrible asshats ever. I mean first it was all the bullying because they were the big cheeses at Forrester and now this?

Maya and Rick aren't forcing Nicole? Come on. They hold all the power over here life. As Papa Avant said today Nicole is beholden to Maya. As far as I'm concerned that makes them the bad guys. I couldn't stand these two before and now? Just get them off my screen.

Brooke? Shut. Up. My gosh she is annoying when she pulls out that 'talk down to everyone' voice. 'Nicole seems to know what she's doing' Right Brooke she sure does. She's a nineteen year old who feels like she has to help her sister and hasn't taken a second to think about the consequences. Shut. Up.

Many years ago, my sister and her hubby were having issues conceiving and my sister asked about carrying a baby for them. After a lot of thought and a lot of talks I agreed to it but I wanted them to try a bit longer. I was much older than Nicole and still it took a lot for me to come to that conclusion. In the end, my sister got pregnant and all was well. I realize Maya and Rick cannot conceive but there are other ways. Also adoption idiots.

This story is giving me rage black-outs.

• Love 19

*slow clap for Viv* You DO love that baby before he/she is born. I usually like Brooke, but hush. She knows damn well she's going to grow attached and believe it is her baby, but it won't be to "their" baby. It will be her baby, and a mother's love is the kind that starts from when you first get a positive HPT or the first time you hear a heartbeat. You know you're going to love that child and that he/she will be one of your most favourite people in the world when they are nothing but a little peanut sized spot on the screen. This storyline sucks.

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 13

She knows damn well she's growing to grow attached and believe it is her baby,

Wasn't Brooke the one who was attached to her egg during that whole insanely insulting storyline with Taylor ending up with Brooke's egg? I guess she forgot all about that.

Uggghh I should not have brought that mess up or thought about it again. More rage.

• Love 9

Isn't Nicole trying to get into modeling, too?  Or has that already gone out the window?  Because there's one more consideration in this whole thing - the changes the pregnancy will bring about in her body.  Yes, a lot of young, fit women have zero problem getting back into shape, but what if Nicole isn't so lucky?  What if she gets stretch marks that just won't go away?  That kind of thing will impact her ability to model.  

I could not disagree more. This storyline is absolutely gross and Maya and Rick are disgusting. I don't really understand what the show wants the viewers to think of these two. They are presented as some great love story - overcoming her big giant secret and yet? They are the most selfish horrible asshats ever. I mean first it was all the bullying because they were the big cheeses at Forrester and now this?

Maya and Rick aren't forcing Nicole? Come on. They hold all the power over here life. As Papa Avant said today Nicole is beholden to Maya. As far as I'm concerned that makes them the bad guys. I couldn't stand these two before and now? Just get them off my screen.

I would agree with you if in a private moment, we saw Rick and Maya say, "If she doesn't do this, let's boot her out of the house."  Even if they remotely intimated some punishment if Nicole said no (or threatened Nicole as opposed to asking), I would agree.  We haven't seen that at all... not one single shred of evidence of this being the case.  Will they be upset if Nicole said no?  Absolutely... anyone would be.  Would they be vindictive?  There's nothing in this storyline SO FAR to suggest that.  I don't agree under any circumstances that they're evil just for asking.  I don't see this wielding of the power they supposedly hold over Nicole or the implication or the metaphorical hammer waiting to come down if she says no.  They didn't handcuff her to the clinic.  They didn't have her stuff packed by the front door in case Nicole said no.  They're not meeting with the "doctors" in their basement.  The process has been as straight forward as this fictional dramatic series is allowing it to be (which means barely accurate at all).  

I have some issues with the storyline like the idea Nicole has to carry the child herself (moronic writers' B.S.) and the inevitable controlling Maya storyline that will pop up at some point during the pregnancy.  I just don't think Rick/Maya should have to say no for her when she's said yes so many times.  Nicole can say NO.  Her parents, Zende, and even Rick/Maya in today's ep have gave her the opening to say no.  She continues to say yes.  

Like I said before, it appears that 99% of the dislike for Rick and Maya in this storyline is based on horsecrap the writers wrote months ago when they didn't want Caroline to look like the bad guy.  I can't say I like Rick and Maya (I don't "like" any characters on this show at the moment), but I didn't come into this storyline actively hating them.  It seems to make a difference in how I view this.

• Love 3
Zende's bone structure and hairstyle is giving me Strangé vibes.

Oh dear. I bet he wishes he had her height, or half her talent.

Isn't Nicole trying to get into modeling, too?

Nicole trying to be a model is a pipe-dream, IMO. She's too short and clunky to be seriously considered as a runway model except perhaps as a payoff from her sister the Forrester matriarch. I could though see her modeling jewelry but that probably wouldn't put her as much in the spotlight.

Like I said before, it appears that 99% of the dislike for Rick and Maya in this storyline is based on horsecrap the writers wrote months ago when they didn't want Caroline to look like the bad guy.

Okay, as a fairly new viewer I'll cop to that. However, I haven't seen anything from Rick and Maya in the given timeframe that would make me think any better of them. If the writers want me to see them as good people who aren't primarily motivated by their own self-serving desires, then they're going to need to show me that. Instead, what I'm seeing is their taking advantage of a young, naive girl who thinks she's beholden to her older sister for letting her pretend to be rich.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 5
This story is giving me rage black-outs.

Yeah, it's pretty bad when the BIGOT on the show is the dude who's making the most sense. Julius and Viv today had their acts together, calmly stating their cases--or rather, defending their daughter, who is TOO DAMN YOUNG to be a surrogate. But nooooo... as long as Brooke & Eric are signing off on it, it's back to the "Full Steam Ahead Plan"! Grab those porno mags and a cup, Ricky, because Nicole is ovulating and there's not a minute to waste! Rage black-outs indeed.

I don't think I've hated a SL on this show this much since Taylor gave up her baby to Brooke because he was crying too much, they "weren't bonding", and Rick told Taylor they weren't getting enough sleep. (Where the hell is that baby, now? Somewhere in the middle of the sea on a sailboat with Nick?) This show should just stay the hell away from the pregnancy SLs because they're so unbelievably bad at them. No doctor worth his/her salt would go through with this assenine surrogate plan with a teenage virgin who looks terrified.

Like I said before, it appears that 99% of the dislike for Rick and Maya in this storyline is based on horsecrap the writers wrote months ago

I am not unbiased when it comes to Rick and Maya, because that crap with them bullying Allie mercilessly and then getting off unscathed still doesn't sit well with me. That was flat-out heinous, especially because Allie had mental issues and couldn't properly defend herself. (Anybody else would have--or should have--told them to shove their post-coital ice cream up their asses, and massage their own damn feet.)

However, I think even if I were seeing this dreadful surrogacy SL with brand-new eyes, it would annoy the hell out of me just on the basis of this: Nicole is too damn young to be asked for this "favor". And she totally feels like she owes them and can't say no because it would disappoint them. As her parents said, she does feel beholden to them, and I'm sure Rick & Maya know this (because I cannot even begin to count how many times they've asked each other: "Have we asked Nicole for too much?" and then the other one will reassuringly say, "Let's tell her again that she can back out any time she wants!...But isn't this SO exciting that we're going to have a baybeeeeeee?!").

But since they're speaking to her with their faux kind voices and their lame looks of concern, she thinks they're being nice to her. It's foul play to the nth degree and stinks of passive-aggressive coercion to me.

Edited by Shira
  • Love 18

Wasn't Brooke the one who was attached to her egg during that whole insanely insulting storyline with Taylor ending up with Brooke's egg? I guess she forgot all about that.

Uggghh I should not have brought that mess up or thought about it again. More rage.

Jack who? 

Indeed.

With regard to the Raya nonsense, I was one of the few who actually grew to like the pairing and even defended Rick a time or twenty in the aftermath of his marriage to Caroline imploding. I enjoyed their wedding (not so Jolly St. Nick proselytizing aside) but this baby rabies, um no. I can understand their desire to start a family but why not adopt? Or let Nicole donate an egg and have a gestational carrier? Anything but this ridiculous stance of Nicole MUST carry our spawn.

• Love 8

Yeah, it's pretty bad when the BIGOT on the show is the dude who's making the most sense. Julius and Viv today had their acts together, calmly stating their cases--or rather, defending their daughter, who is TOO DAMN YOUNG to be a surrogate. But nooooo... as long as Brooke & Eric are signing off on it, it's back to the "Full Steam Ahead Plan"! Grab those porno mags and a cup, Ricky, because Nicole is ovulating and there's not a minute to waste! Rage black-outs indeed.

I don't think I've hated a SL on this show this much since Taylor gave up her baby to Brooke because he was crying too much, they "weren't bonding", and Rick told Taylor they weren't getting enough sleep. (Where the hell is that baby, now? Somewhere in the middle of the sea on a sailboat with Nick?) This show should just stay the hell away from the pregnancy SLs because they're so unbelievably bad at them. No doctor worth his/her salt would go through with this assenine surrogate plan with a teenage virgin who looks terrified.

I am not unbiased when it comes to Rick and Maya, because that crap with them bullying Allie mercilessly and then getting off unscathed still doesn't sit well with me. That was flat-out heinous, especially because Allie had mental issues and couldn't properly defend herself. (Anybody else would have--or should have--told them to shove their post-coital ice cream up their asses, and massage their own damn feet.)

However, I think even if I were seeing this dreadful surrogacy SL with brand-new eyes, it would annoy the hell out of me just on the basis of this: Nicole is too damn young to be asked for this "favor". And she totally feels like she owes them and can't say no because it would disappoint them. As her parents said, she does feel beholden to them, and I'm sure Rick & Maya know this (because I cannot even begin to count how many times they've asked each other: "Have we asked Nicole for too much?" and then the other one will reassuringly say, "Let's tell her again that she can back out any time she wants!...But isn't this SO exciting that we're going to have a baybeeeeeee?!").

But since they're speaking to her with their faux kind voices and their lame looks of concern, she thinks they're being nice to her. It's foul play to the nth degree and stinks of passive-aggressive coercion to me.

Is Zende out waffling waffles? I can't tell. One minute he seems to be against the surrogacy and the next minute he supports it. Now he even shows up to support Nicole. WTF. Next Zende will be in the room, with Rick, having a circle jerk so he will feel a closer bond to Nicole's baby. And in all probability, they will all be in the room to watch Nicole being incriminate. Nicole will lie between Maya's legs and Rick and Zende will be at the head of the table so Maya and Nicole can gaze into Rick's and Zende's eyes. Well at least Maya will be there to make sure the doctor is doing it right.

Why wouldnt Brooke and Eric approve? Anything for their sniveling selfish little boy and the matriarch that hangs on the wall. Julius and Viv make the most sence, but all Eric, Brooke, Rick and Maya hear is bla bla bla so let's have a baby.

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 6

Nicole must carry her baby because they wouldn't be able to police a professional or tell her how to live her life.

I'm seriously hoping this nonsense fails the first time or 10.

I don't hate Maya or Rick. I happen to like both actors. I don't fault their characters for the godawful writing. I hate what the writers have done to make them two of the most disliked characters in the show's history. This is selfish on so many levels.

Can anybody on here say that their 18-20 year old self would've been emotionally prepared to carry, deliver, and give up their first child, and deny that the bond between them exists for their sibling to pass the child off as theirs? At my age now, I'm not sure I could do it because that bond would be there every single day. I say this as the mother of four--three biological and one foster-turned-adoptee. 

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 6

if in a private moment, we saw Rick and Maya say, "If she doesn't do this, let's boot her out of the house."

For me it doesn't matter that we haven't been shown a scene like that. Given their recent history? I believe they would have no issues punishing her for changing her mind. The writers can prove me wrong by letting Nicole back out and having Maya and Rick act like adults. I think there is little to no chance of them acting like anything other then entitled selfish little children.

Mom and Dad Avant were on point today. Completely and totally correct.

Brooke and Eric were just useless. I guess anything for their little sonny boy Rick. Nicole is too young and might become attached to the baby and what if she can't have another child? Oh pish posh Mr and Mrs Avant - who cares about that logic.

This show is horrible right now. It amazes me how quickly it can go from good to suck.

• Love 9

Isn't Nicole trying to get into modeling, too?  Or has that already gone out the window?  Because there's one more consideration in this whole thing - the changes the pregnancy will bring about in her body.  Yes, a lot of young, fit women have zero problem getting back into shape, but what if Nicole isn't so lucky?  What if she gets stretch marks that just won't go away?  That kind of thing will impact her ability to model.  

Thank you for saying what I was thinking.  I wondered why no one had mentioned all the changes a pregnancy causes your body.  I know that it sounds shallow, but aren't most of us fairly shallow at Nicole's age?  Besides there are lots of changes besides just stretch marks and weight gain.

Nicole must carry her baby because they wouldn't be able to police a professional or tell her how to live her life.

I don't hate Maya or Rick. I happen to like both actors. I don't fault their characters for the godawful writing. I hate what the writers have done to make them two of the most disliked characters in the show's history. This is selfish on so many levels.

Can anybody on here say that their 18-20 year old self would've been emotionally prepared to carry, deliver, and give up their first child, deny that the bond between them exists for their sibling to pass the child off as theirs? At my age now, I'm not sure I could do it because that bond would be there every single day. I say this as the mother of four--three biological and one foster-turned-adoptee.

There is no way I could have done it at that age.  I actually had fertility problems and I would not take a chance asking my virgin sister to be a surrogate for me, having something go wrong, and losing her love and respect forever or causing her to go through what I did.  It's not worth it.  Besides they have other options.  Their DNA doesn't seem that great to me, LOL!  Also, I don't think I would be able to give the baby up after bonding with it nine months.  I know it sounds silly, but I have a hard time giving up a found puppy if and when the owner comes forward.

• Love 6

Preach, Mama Avant. PREACH!!!

Brooke Logan can take several seats and STFU. She thinks that Raya has done the research? Bitch, please. Raya decided what they want and dug in their heels until they got their way.

Nicole looks like she's being marched into a death camp.

Maya is the worst. What a selfish narcissist. Rick is no better.

• Love 11

Yeah. Where is little Jack, I think?

• Love 1

*slow clap for Viv* You DO love that baby before he/she is born. I usually like Brooke, but hush.

Since Vivienne was ON FIRE today, I really wished she would have answered Brooke with "That's easy for you to say, Nicole isn't your daughter!"
  • Love 12
Nicole will lie between Maya's legs and Rick and Zende will be at the head of the table so Maya and Nicole can gaze into Rick's and Zende's eyes.

OMG, that sounds close to being a scene out of Margaret Atwood's classic, The Handmaid's Tale. <shivers>

Maybe that's what will go wrong: after several failed attempts, in a weak moment Nicole will succumb to Zende's charms and end up carrying his baby instead. Maya would lose her mind.

Since Vivienne was ON FIRE today, I really wished she would have answered Brooke with "That's easy for you to say, Nicole isn't your daughter!"

That's an excellent point. Would Brooke have wanted Hope to be someone's surrogate back when she was still a very public virgin and dating Liam?

• Love 12