Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

God bless the Avants!  They, especially Julius, have dropped one truth bomb after another about Nicole's impending surrogacy, whether it was about the physical and mental impact on Nicole, Raya's manipulations or Maya's selfishness, desperation and titanic sense of entitlement beneath her sudden desire for motherhood. Julius may not be politically correct, but that doesn't mean he's wrong.

Kudos to Vivienne as well for at least trying to talk some sense into Nicole in her own diplomatic way, not that Nicole was listening. It would serve Raya right if Nicole not only slept with/got pregnant by Zende instead of Rick, once Nicole held the baby for the first time, she refused to give it up. Steffy's potential face-cracking over Ivy's successful modeling career would be nothing compared to Raya's response to Nicole's refusal to sacrifice her first-born to them, which could lead to face-melting of Raiders Of the Lost Ark proportions.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 12

Was that supposed to be chem testing or cousins bonding today with Thomas and Ivy? They both have the same last name and she calls Steffy her cousin, so it better be cousins bonding.

Whatever it was, it was painful. It was probably supposed to be cousins bonding but it came out all awkward and badly acted too. Normally I think Ivy rocks most of what she wears but today, between that giant bun on her head and that ill-fitting, ugly dress, she was a mess.

However, I do like that she is about the only one who is almost nose-to-nose with Thomas in height.

• Love 5

I don't get their behaviour either.  For all they know, Nicole might not ever have children.  It's important to Maya that the Avant genes, those of her parents, get passed down to the next generation.  I don't understand why they aren't over the moon at the possibility that Maya's baby could have Avant genes, which is something they had thought wouldn't be possible.  Instead, Julius is all, it's gonna stretch out your ladyparts, and Rick is rich they can adopt.

Nicole wants to do this for her sister, so it should be her choice and her choice alone.  As for Zende?  She's known the dude for a month.  If he doesn't understand and can't accept why this is so important to her to help out the sister that has helped her so much in life, then there will always be another guy.

I think they'd have to have a special kind of grandbaby rabies to prioritize getting a grandchild with their genes over the potential damage to their young daughter in going through with this.  

• Love 10
Maya reminds me of someone with Covert-Aggressive Personality. She is exploiting Nicole's vulnerabilities and manipulating/coercing her into succumbing. 

Yes.  This is her exactly.

I have nearly lost rational thought when it comes to Maya and Rick. Have there ever been two more reprehensible characters in the history of daytime?

Only Sonny and Carly Corinthos are worse in my book, and that's only because they've been around longer.

• Love 9

After reading today’s recap I am confounded. Why is the argument against Nicole having Raya’s baby being made all about fucking Zende whom she’s known for about two minutes and has barely kissed and how he’ll react to her changed body????? This makes no sense to me. How about all of the emotional ramifications of carrying a baby for the first time that you know her teenaged heart is going to bond to for 9 months and then seeing it all the time and having no control over its life. How about how all of the experts agree a surrogate should first have had a child of her own before donating her body and eggs to another? How about the girl is too young to be having a baby under any circumstances except maybe the most horrific one of being raped and not believing in abortion and therefore deciding to go through with the pregnancy. And often in such circumstances the woman might give the baby up for adoption.

I’m going to be sick!

• Love 13

Was that supposed to be chem testing or cousins bonding today with Thomas and Ivy? They both have the same last name and she calls Steffy her cousin, so it better be cousins bonding.

I do not believe they are cousins by blood. They are related through Stephanie and not Eric. In any case, I think Thomas would hit on his mother given the chance because he's a sexual predator.

Well it starts. Nicole has been summond to Maya instead of Maya getting her ass to work and meeting Nicole there. Maya always starts the conversation off by saying that Nicole is giving her the greatest gift and ends the sentence that she is not pressuring Nicole. As being grandparents, the Avants are more concerned about Nicole's well being than a grandchild. In sure they would be doing a snoopy dance if Rick and Maya were adopting.

• Love 3

This is No Boundaries Thomas you're talking about. Sniffing unavailable females, relatives or not, is Thomas's go-to move.

• Love 8

I do not believe they are cousins by blood. They are related through Stephanie and not Eric.

They aren't related through Stephanie.  Ivy's father is John Forrester, who is Eric's brother.  Ivy is first cousin to Eric's children - Ridge, Thorne, Felicia, Kristin, Rick, Bridget.  Thomas is Ridge's son, so the technically correct term is that Ivy and Thomas are first cousins once removed, although on a generation level, Ivy would sort of be considered an aunt to Thomas.

Of course, since Ridge isn't a blood Forrester, Ivy and Thomas aren't related by blood.

• Love 5

Caroline sold that lie to Thomas smooth as butter. Now that's the Caroline I used to loathe, not the new Caroline with the perpetual deer in headlights look whenever Thomas' name is brought up. Did I miss something? When did Ridge say it was okay for Thomas to stay in LA? Why bother banishing him to Paris then?

At least Caroline is keeping up her end of the bargain she made with Ridge to keep Thomas in the dark about the origins for Our Baby.

Ridge has his own issues with Thomas, which will only get worse with Thomas in closer proximity to Caroline.

Why Ridge agreed to keep Thomas in LA makes no sense. It generates more questions, not fewer, particularly by Brooke. Ridge should have created an elaborate assignment for Thomas in Paris, with Thorne to monitor. At least it would have occupied Thomas's time.

How stupid is Thomas that he didn't even think hmmmm...Dad is all pissy with me all the time...Dad banished me with no real explanation...Caroline is all defensive all the time...maybe Dad knows about Caroline and me! After he asked if the baby is his, he mentioned that Ridge could never know. How could he not consider that maybe he DOES know?

Thomas is no braintrust. Anything more complicated than wearing a tiepin is a stretch for him, and you see the results of that decision.

It's What, Me Worry?, as far as Thomas is concerned.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAMSAAAAJDFjMGFiOTQwLWE3YTIt

There is a resemblance ...

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 5

Why would Deacon continue to call his son Eric Forrester III?  When everyone thought he was Rick's kid they called him Little E, when his true parentage was revealed he was renamed Deacon Sharpe Jr aka Little D.

Is Little Alphabet Boy still hiding out in the desert with Amber's mom, like on holidays when he's not at boarding school?

This is No Boundaries Thomas you're talking about. 

Well, Thomas is related to Pam.

• Love 1

I really don't care about Ridge's true paternity...IVY AND THOMAS ARE FAMILY. Do NOT go there, show! But, of course, they will. Yes, I'm pouting. I like Ivy and Wyatt together. At least we can look forward to Quinn fucking Thomas' shit up.

• Love 13

Totally agree, Snaporaz.  Ivy and Wyatt are so good together.  What I like about them is that they come across as equals and truly look like they're having fun together and respect each other, which is so unlike the Bratz doll and her foot-rubbing sycophant.  They should be a team making other people (i.e., Steffy and Liam) miserable, not making each other miserable in another lame-o triangle ... especially a triangle that involves tiny-pants Thomas.

• Love 9

Quinn looks stunning!

I find this is usually true.

It worried me that they followed up Ivy's confusing scene with Gigantor by having Wyatt say Ivy has no divided interest.

On the plus side so far no Waffles or Swayback this week.

• Love 7

Who is Quinn supposed to be? The tiara is throwing me. And is Carter dressed as Superman (looks like a red cape)? Yikes.

I think the show is getting cute with us. Carter with his huge bulging muscles is probably comparable to a superheroes physique and Quinn's jet black hair, ivory skin, and icy blue eyes is a shoe in for the Wicked Queen from Snow White or Maleficent but the costume is a perfect Disney princess. Now we need Brooke in a cougar cat costume, Liam as an Eggo or syrup bottle, Steffi as an understanded, demure, librarian.

• Love 8

They aren't related through Stephanie. Ivy's father is John Forrester, who is Eric's brother. Ivy is first cousin to Eric's children - Ridge, Thorne, Felicia, Kristin, Rick, Bridget. Thomas is Ridge's son, so the technically correct term is that Ivy and Thomas are first cousins once removed, although on a generation level, Ivy would sort of be considered an aunt to Thomas.

Of course, since Ridge isn't a blood Forrester, Ivy and Thomas aren't related by blood.

I actually meant that Thomas is a Forester threw his grandmother and Ivy is a Forester threw her father. So Ivy is more of a Forester than Thomas or Steffy.

• Love 1
Quinn's jet black hair, ivory skin, and icy blue eyes is a shoe in for the Wicked Queen from Snow White or Maleficent but the costume is a perfect Disney princess.

Yes, the hairstyle threw me off too. Those little curls look sort of princess-y, or like something from the early 1900s. The dress doesn't really work for that era though. Gah, so confusing!

I was in Papa Avant's corner yesterday but today, not so much. IMO it's not honorable for him to be trying to work Zende to give Nicole an ultimatum. Zende is as much of a kid as Nicole is and shouldn't be pressured to make life-altering decisions for someone else. And I wasn't too thrilled with Mama Avant either. First of all, she doesn't need to be apologizing for her husband's behavior. He's a grown man, let him own his actions. Second, I thought she came kinda weak at Nicole about the surrogacy, so weak that it almost sounded like she was okay with it. Ugh.

What was up with Zende's gigantic watch? Product placement? I thought people his age didn't wear watches anymore because they're always on their cell phones and can always see the time right on the device.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 2

I actually meant that Thomas is a Forester threw his grandmother and Ivy is a Forester threw her father. So Ivy is more of a Forester than Thomas or Steffy.

That doesn't make sense to me, because if you're going to fault Thomas for not having Forrester blood because Ridge is not a biological child of Eric, then you can't really say that Thomas is a Forrester only through Stephanie. Stephanie was a Douglas. She had no Forrester blood in her, she only was a Forrester because she married one. If you're going to argue that Staphanie became a Forrester when she married one and therefore can pass on Forresterness, then you have to say that Ridge became a Forrester when Eric put his name on the birth certificate and raised Ridge as his son for 50 years.

Eric's name is on Ridge's birth certificate, therefore, Forrester blood or no, Ridge is a Forrester. That makes Thomas a Forrester, and I agree that having Ivy and him get together is just as squicky as Greg and Marcia Brady dating. Even though there is no shared blood, they are family.

• Love 5

Bell has an aversion to strong women. Viv is coming off as weak. Stop being meek and mild mannered and try to talk to your self centred daughter. It's never going to work with Nicole because she'll never hear it.

As far as Zende, dude cut your ties. She has hella baggage and even once this year is up, it might multiply. For someone who is still a young adult and finding his way, this is way too much to take on in the beginning weeks of the relationship. I think the writers are involving him because they're dating and trying to be a cohesive unit. While the relationship is new, I can't fault it because full disclosure and transparency are imperative to a healthy relationship. I can only roll my eyes at his whining. If he wants to help, he needs to tell her to do some independent research and talk to a therapist of her choice without Rick and Maya staring at her with the doe eyes and reminding her how this is the greatest gift ever.

And please for the love of God, stop calling maybe baby a gift. It is not a Givenchy Antigona that you gifted someone for their birthday and issued them a gift receipt to return it if they don't like it. Maya needs to chill with this spiel. "Nicole I'd understand if you said no. It's the greatest gift ever, and we just want the chance to have an Avant Forrester baby. Are we pressuring you?" *insert doe eyes and say it in the soft voice*

I think Viv and Julius would be thrilled to have a grandchild. I think it's just that they see the ways it could go wrong and can't comprehend why Maya would even ask this barely legal child to do this. In the States, she's not even old enough to purchase alcohol, but viewers are expected to believe that some quack of a professional has given the a-okay? As usual the writers are botching this storyline up just like the TG one.

As a parent, it's not unusual to want to protect your child. This isn't the kind of lesson that can just be gotten over. It will have ramifications and consequences that no one can predict or plan for. In that sense, I can't fault them for wanting to shield their child who has blinders on and isn't well informed. There's a reason they didn't want the girl to sit in on the chat with the consultant. Strange how they felt it was okay to discuss her body and the negatives without her being present. There's also a reason why she decided to step into the conversation and not give them space to talk to her.

• Love 7

If these two selfish assholes need biochildren so badly, they could harvest the eggs from Nicole and implant them into a recast Hope or handwave Bridget's shortened cervix issue. Bridget mentally is the far superior choice, but even that insufferable Hope whose at least enrolled for a online course at the School of Hard Knocks is preferable to a young woman with presumably no sexual experience at all.

• Love 8

Eric's name is on Ridge's birth certificate, therefore, Forrester blood or no, Ridge is a Forrester. That makes Thomas a Forrester, and I agree that having Ivy and him get together is just as squicky as Greg and Marcia Brady dating. Even though there is no shared blood, they are family.

It's even worse than that....the Brady kids were blended fairly late in their lives IIRC. Ridge OTOH was assumed to be blood until he was well into his forties. Bradley Bell fucked up royally when he opened the Pandora's Box that was Bridget and Ridge and the host of incestuous pairings that came later.

It also cast a shadow over what should have been a crowning story that should've highlighted the depth of Stephanie's hypocritical morality and Ridge's identity as the favorite son. There were glimpses of adjustment between him and Eric (such as one scene where he calls Mossimo father after a fight and Eric is heartbroken). But most of the time, whenever this paternity story is brought up in soap cirvles, it's almost always in the context of the worst story to ever be put to paper on this show, and I think that's unfortunate.

:steps off soapbox:

• Love 3

A kissing-cousins scenario between Ivy and Thomas is nothing to this writing team...the same folks who thought it was cool for Thomas to chase his kinda-step-sister, Hope. As Anna Yolei pointed out, they nearly went *there* with Bridget and Ridge. They had Thomas and Steffy calling their grandpa "Eric" when he was dating their mother to downplay the family connection. Siblings and cousins routinely go after the same conquest.

Thomas + Ivy is just another squicky day in Bell-Air.

As much as I hate the thought of another triangle, I can't help but cheer that guys are finally taking notice of Ivy. Sheesh, she's a knockout -- she SHOULD have men slobbering after her! It's just too bad some of the current crop are related to her. :\

• Love 4

It worried me that they followed up Ivy's confusing scene with Gigantor by having Wyatt say Ivy has no divided interest.

What worried me was that they said the name you never want to hear any of them say. They said Hope. Please, no Wyatt/Ivy/Hope triangle.

• Love 4
What worried me was that they said the name you never want to hear any of them say. They said Hope. Please, no Wyatt/Ivy/Hope triangle.

I'm trying really hard to forget that H*** even existed on this show, so I cringe every time she's mentioned. She's like the theater equivalent of not saying the name "MacBeth", or the scary dude in Harry Potter whose name cannot be mentioned. And if they do break up Wyatt and Ivy for [she Who Shall Not Be Named], there's going to be some television breakage in this house. Tired of the idiots in charge trying to make us believe that every man alive wants H*** and the Bratz Doll. I'm still annoyed that Liam gave Ivy the heave-ho for the Bratz Doll, especially after telling the Bratz Doll a month earlier that he was choosing Ivy. Although now Ivy is with the Spencer brother who has a brain and is good in bed, so it all worked out for the best.

And please for the love of God, stop calling maybe baby a gift. It is not a Givenchy Antigona that you gifted someone for their birthday and issued them a gift receipt to return it if they don't like it. Maya needs to chill with this spiel. "Nicole I'd understand if you said no. It's the greatest gift ever, and we just want the chance to have an Avant Forrester baby. Are we pressuring you?" *insert doe eyes and say it in the soft voice*

AMEN. And insert Rick into the scene, with that dumb-ass bald-on-the-sides hairdo, trying his damndest to look "earnest" about not pressuring Teenage Virgin Sis to carry the half-Forrester/half-Avant spawn. And then as soon as Nicole exits, there's a lot of faux earnest "we are just soooooo lucky to have Teenage Virgin Sis willing to give us this gift! We're going to be the BEST PARENTS EVAH!!! We're not pressuring her, are we? We better tell her again that she can back out any time if she doesn't want to give us the BEST GIFT EVAH!!!"

I get why Zende is upset that his new girlfriend is about to get knocked up with her brother-in-law's baby. He wants to be out partying and living the life of a young guy in L.A., not holding his pregnant girlfriend's hair back while she barfs in the toilet every ten minutes. That doesn't really spell fun.

And I'm all for the Avant parents interfering, whether Nicole is an "adult" or not. Somebody has to put a stop to this nonsense, and if no legitimate doctor is telling them this is WRONG on so many levels, then they should be hammering the point home 'til the cows come home.

And because it can't be said enough: JUST ADOPT. Sheesh.

• Love 9
And please for the love of God, stop calling maybe baby a gift. It is not a Givenchy Antigona that you gifted someone for their birthday and issued them a gift receipt to return it if they don't like it.

Had to google Givency Antigona. Gorgeous bag but I think having a baby for your presumptuous sister might be more like 1,000 of those, at least. In every color.

And if they do break up Wyatt and Ivy for [she Who Shall Not Be Named], there's going to be some television breakage in this house.

Ditto. Ivy is gorgeous, smart, has a marketable skill that isn't based on her body or face, and her ability to support herself isn't dependent on nepotism. IMO, if Wyatt dumped her for [she Who Shall Remain Nameless] it would be complete and utter bovine excrement. I know a lot of people have that one ex they just can't let go of but Ivy already took that hit with Liam. AFAIC nobody needs to see a replay with Wyatt. Plus, SWSRN would be like a third wheel at this point, I think. The universe no longer revolves around her.

• Love 3

AMEN. And insert Rick into the scene, with that dumb-ass bald-on-the-sides hairdo, trying his damndest to look "earnest" about not pressuring Teenage Virgin Sis to carry the half-Forrester/half-Avant spawn. And then as soon as Nicole exits, there's a lot of faux earnest "we are just soooooo lucky to have Teenage Virgin Sis willing to give us this gift! We're going to be the BEST PARENTS EVAH!!! We're not pressuring her, are we? We better tell her again that she can back out any time if she doesn't want to give us the BEST GIFT EVAH!!!"

I get why Zende is upset that his new girlfriend is about to get knocked up with her brother-in-law's baby. He wants to be out partying and living the life of a young guy in L.A., not holding his pregnant girlfriend's hair back while she barfs in the toilet every ten minutes. That doesn't really spell fun.

And I'm all for the Avant parents interfering, whether Nicole is an "adult" or not. Somebody has to put a stop to this nonsense, and if no legitimate doctor is telling them this is WRONG on so many levels, then they should be hammering the point home 'til the cows come home.

And because it can't be said enough: JUST ADOPT. Sheesh.

YES to all of this! Teenage Virgin Sis has no experience in this arena, and they need somebody impressionable and naive. Anybody else would be doing research and finding out all the positives and negatives. Instead, it's let's speed it along and don't give her time to catch her breath, back out, or to Google anything. Psych evals, doc's appointments, blood work, etc. Chop chop. Get it done. Best gift Evah. Ugh.

I don't think I'd be as squicked out if they asked her to donate eggs and moved in a surrogate. If my husband's brother asked me to be inseminated with his DNA and give the child to him and his wife, I'd tell him that he had went mental. If my sister-in-law could not conceive, I'd happily donate eggs, though. The end goal is the same: a baby, but I wouldn't have the same level of involvement. My life wouldn't have to be put on hold. I wouldn't have to deal with HG, peeing 52 times in an hour, all the aches and pains, doctor's appointments, and the risk of getting attached. I lose an egg every month, but I don't turn Adele on repeat, cry while eating Cocowhip, and lament over all the good times me and Eggo could've had together while listening to Whitney Houston singing/asking, "Didn't we almost have it all?"

Nothing says romance like holding your girlfriend's hair while she and the porcelain throne have a date, swollen ankles, heartburn, and all the fun parts of pregnancy.  

I agree with you about the parents. Obviously, all these medical professionals are signing off on it, and somebody needs to drive the point home. Don't get me wrong. It's an honourable thing but not under these circumstances.

• Love 9

I lose an egg every month, but I don't turn Adele on repeat, cry while eating Cocowhip, and lament over all the good times me and Eggo could've had together while listening to Whitney Houston singing/asking, "Didn't we almost have it all?"

OMG I literally belly-laughed at this!  I needed that this morning.

Didn't the first doctor they talked to even suggest it would be better for Nicole to just donate an egg?  And Maya was all, "do we have to tell Nicole that's an option?"  Did they ever actually discuss it?

It just seems to me that would be ideal.  I guess they trust Nicole more than a random surrogate, or maybe they just are confident they can control her?  But having her egg and an experienced surrogate would allay most of the concerns people are raising.

I may be in the minority, but I totally get the urge to have a baby who carries your genes, whose face you can look into and see your eyes and your husband's nose.  Not everyone cares about that, and I totally and COMPLETELY support adoption.  (Three of my good friends have grown their families via adoption, two of whom also have bio-kids, and their kids are their kids, no matter how they brought them home.)  But I understand why someone would want to explore other options first, assuming there are any.

• Love 6

Judging from the way Wyatt was talking about The Nameless One yesterday, I got the impression that he is way done with her and there was no chance he would go down that road again.

From your lips to the writer's ears.
  • Love 2

Judging from the way Wyatt was talking about The Nameless One yesterday, I got the impression that he is way done with her and there was no chance he would go down that road again.

That's how it begins. (Insert creepy music here.)

• Love 2

SOD answered my question -

Thomas is going after Ivy and now she/Thomas/Wyatt will be a triangle. WTH. They have the same last name, I can ignore the illegal gross when they have a different last name, but if Thomas and Ivy marry what? Carter would ask do you Thomas Forrester take Ivy Forrester? 

• Love 3

Sometimes I get the distinct feeling that Brad Bell pairs up all of these characters with the same last name just so he won't have to re-do the opening credits again. Because GMAFB with Thomas and Ivy. Are we really supposed to believe that every single woman that enters Thomas's orbit immediately wants to throw her panties at him? Why oh why can't they just make him gay? It would all make so much more sense, because he's totally overcompensating by inappropriately hitting on every single woman who walks through the door. Pam better hide under her desk. In fact, I wish she would. The lemon bars schtick was older than Moses about three years ago and yet they're still going there every effing week. (I did have to laugh when Charlie said she came up with a great Mexican/French recipe for coq au vin with rice and beans. They need to drop the lemon bars in favor of the bad cooking stuff, if they're going to go there at all.) Now she's announcing a first trimester pregnancy to anyone within earshot. ARGH, enough already!

• Love 7

The idea of Thomas and Ivy is so damn gross and beyond stupid. Hasn't Ivy been throwing family in Steffy's face and now she is going to flirt with her brother or worse?

Writers need to make up their damn minds.

• Love 9

Ivy, I love you, but I love Wyatt more.  Don't make me hate you.

Hopefully the inappropriate chem-testing continues to be one-sided.  Like Thomas keeps flirting with Ivy, which makes Wyatt uncomfortable because history, but Ivy is completely uninterested and it's just is a plot point to solidify Wyvy.

Why on earth is Bill Bell messing with one of his few decent couples?  And the only one who's currently any fun?  (I don't count Pam/Charlie, because I want to shove her flapping maw full of lemon bars until she suffocates.  And we hardly ever see Batie.)

• Love 7

Well, of course the show is going to just gloss over the real logical concerns of Nicole being the surrogate because they want this to happen. You'd think Nicole as a shallow teen or adult child would be more concerned about her body than some emotional connection she has no clue about. I figured as soon as her parents came down against it, it was a done deal but I guess we will see.

• Love 5

Thomas goes after Ivy,  Quinn gets involved, loses Deacon in the process, and BOOM!  Quinn and Thomas are now and Item!  Quinn keeps Ivy safe for ole sonny boy, Deacon and Brook can now be together and Hopeless can come back and annoy Steffy (I really don't want her back I swear!) and have  her mom and dad back together and can be a family, and ping ponging waffles ensues.....

• Love 4

The thing (or one of them) about Thomas hitting on all these women is that he's so bad at it.  Even setting aside the Caroline situation*, his efforts to hit on Nicole and Ivy (his cousin - gross) are rushed, awkward and creepy.

*What's with her seeming hurt that Thomas was supremely relieved to not be having a baby with her?  Even Ridge looked at her strangely.  She's sending out weird signals about this whole episode.  She seemed completely indifferent about Thomas hooking up with the intern but then she had the strange reaction to his relief.   

• Love 6

If these two selfish assholes need biochildren so badly, they could harvest the eggs from Nicole and implant them into a recast Hope or handwave Bridget's shortened cervix issue. Bridget mentally is the far superior choice, but even that insufferable Hope whose at least enrolled for a online course at the School of Hard Knocks is preferable to a young woman with presumably no sexual experience at all.

THANK YOU!!! Did I miss the episode where this was discussed as another option? Take eggs from Nicole and have someone else carry it -- pay a professional surrogate. There are tons of them out there in Los Angeles!

• Love 6

That's what always bothers me about the "oops, I got pregnant!" storylines in this day and age. I know contraception can fail but so often it seems the concerned couple got together without any protection at all. Pregnancy isn't the only thing which can result from that but soaps never address it unless they're specifically doing the rare STD storyline. It was never clear to me whether Caroline was even using birth control or at what point she may have stopped using it so she and Ridge could "try" to have children. I'm with squinty Brooke on that score: the timing seems way off.

When the doctor told Caroline she was pregnant, she said she was on the pill but she was very stressed at some point so she might have forgotten to take them.

It was never clear when she stopped taking them altogether but I assume she did right after Ridge told her he wanted a baby and they got back together.

Why would Deacon continue to call his son Eric Forrester III?  When everyone thought he was Rick's kid they called him Little E, when his true parentage was revealed he was renamed Deacon Sharpe Jr aka Little D.

Actually, Deacon was the only one calling him Little D. Everyone else used to call him Little Eric.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think they called him Eric when he showed up on Y&R in 2010 for 5 minutes.

Edited by Callie
  • Love 5

The thing (or one of them) about Thomas hitting on all these women is that he's so bad at it.  Even setting aside the Caroline situation*, his efforts to hit on Nicole and Ivy (his cousin - gross) are rushed, awkward and creepy.

*What's with her seeming hurt that Thomas was supremely relieved to not be having a baby with her?  Even Ridge looked at her strangely.  She's sending out weird signals about this whole episode.  She seemed completely indifferent about Thomas hooking up with the intern but then she had the strange reaction to his relief.   

I wonder if it's some kind of reaction to the fact that it is (as far as she believes right now) his baby, and his relief to not be the father kind of feels, to her, like her baby is being rejected by him?  Or, while it's not an ideal situation, she's still happy to be having the baby, and it hurts to hear that he would not be glad this baby exists if he knew the truth?  So, either way, kind of a protective mother instinct thing? 

• Love 3

90% of today's show was horseshit. 

NO to Ivy and Thomas. 

NO to Nicole-bot having a baby for Rick and Maya.

NO to Nicole-bot being ambivalent about having a baby for Rick and Maya because of what it will mean for Zende.  Not that I care at all about Nicole, but her POV and what it will mean for her short- and long-term should be the story here, not what it will mean for some man.  I know, I know.  These soap writers are stuck in another century.  And surely they're not so creatively bankrupt that they're going to have two WTD stories going on at the same time?  Just awful.

The guy who plays Zende has some of the tiniest ears I've ever seen on an adult human being.

It just seems to me that would be ideal.  I guess they trust Nicole more than a random surrogate, or maybe they just are confident they can control her?

I think this is it exactly.

• Love 11

I was on a break from this show when Mr. Avant first burst onto the scene, so I missed all of his drama with Maya and the wedding. But he is cracking me up right and left now! Today, arriving at FC during the stupid Halloween party set-up: "Is any work being done around here???" (Something we've ALL wondered, Mr. Avant!) Then to Zende: "You're not being realistic. Picture Nicole big as a house, carrying Rick's child, and tell me that you wouldn't go running for the hills." This guy shoots from the hip and I love it!

Re: Thomas and Ivy. Please, make it stop!

The thing (or one of them) about Thomas hitting on all these women is that he's so bad at it.  Even setting aside the Caroline situation*, his efforts to hit on Nicole and Ivy (his cousin - gross) are rushed, awkward and creepy.

I wish Ridge would've walked in to catch Thomas hitting on Ivy so he could've sent him packing again. Something's gotta be going wrong in the Paris office that Thorne can't handle...pretty please?

Any sane, unselfish person who really cared about her sister would see that terrified deer-in-the-headlights look that Nicole was giving in the doc's office and would tell everybody that they need to put this cockamamie surrogacy plan on hold indefinitely. Ya know, instead of hugging her husband in raucous glee that they can proceed full steam ahead, while Teenage Virgin Sis is shaking like a leaf in the corner.

• Love 17

Thomas is a sexual predator and nothing more. He want Ivy to be another notch on his bedpost nothing more. Getting with woman, who are committed to other men, give him more satisfaction than a intern or model ever can. I don't understand Ivy falling for Thomas' crap with his fantasizing about her in her undies and than with not seeing a ring on her finger.

Does B&B read social media? It seems so with Thomas and Ivy talking about not being blood. This gives credence to my previous post about Ivy is Forester by blood and Thomas is Forester by a legal document.

Reality is setting in on Nicole and this might be the turning point for her to back out. I love the way, when the doctor tells Nicole there can be complications, Maya chirps in "but that unlikely right". I also love the way that Rick and Maya can pull Nicole out of work anytime they want but that was not tolerated under their watch.

The doctor, in going over Nicole's chart, mentioned that there were no infectious diseases probably meaning STD's but there was no mention of a genetic screening. Just saying this should have been done.

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 11