Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, JNavarro said:

When Liam and Thomas shook hands and then Thomas left, Hope laughing right afterwards came off like she was laughing at Thomas.  Like....." ahh what a dooouuuche" 😂

She wouldn't be wrong.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

Brooke was not only acting like Stephanie, but even reciting her same words. How many times did Stephanie say that Brooke "infected" the Forrester family?

I've mostly given Brooke slack because of who it's been directed at, but ol' girl been staring at the abyss for far too long now and don't even realize it. She's wasting all this energy on Quinn but people who have actually hurt her family like Liam (who will be a problem in another 2 years once Steffy is free and Finn is written off) she gives a total free pass to. And granted, Thomas is far from a saint but I have the feeling she won't even say thank you for him getting her favorite son-in-law out of the hoosegaw.

I mean, shit, even Taylor "All Logans Are The Devil" Hayes-Hamilton apologized to Bridget for accusing her of being in cahoots over the Jack insemination mix-up.

It's taken me a long time to tolerate Brooke, then to even like her on her own merits,but the last few months has work to erode that quite a bit. 

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 7
(edited)

I completely understand Brooke's feelings about Quinn; she is one of many who have always distrusted Quinn, and were against her marrying Eric with good reason. In a way, Quinn has targeted Brooke and her family from the outset; she terrorized Liam, trying to keep him away from hope, she also targeted Donna for a bit, and Katie too. But there is also the more personal attacks, by having an affair with Eric's son, and Brooke's fiance, and later being the ringleader of VegasGate. I also absolutely believe that Brooke has a deep love for Eric; their mutual affection has been demonstrated many times over the years. However, I don't think Brooke's feelings for Eric is the driving force with outing Quinn and Carter, and her continued attacks. I can't say I have an issue with it; Brooke was due her payback, or karma, or revenge, but she got that at the busted wedding renewal ceremony. Brooke is trying so hard to be Stephanie, choosing the same logic and reasonings, but she just can't pull it off, because she isn't anything like Stephanie. While Stephanie came off as a elitist bully, Brooke comes off as a catty, petty, petulant, high schooler. It is simply embarrassing to watch. 

And I can only feel so much sympathy for Eric. He knew what he was getting, and getting into, when he chose to marry Quinn. He has forgiven her for all her nefarious actions during their marriage, so he is just as responsible for his pain as Quinn. 

I see we have decided to keep with history, and give the man a pass? So annoying. Carter is a grown ass man, with his own agency, who makes his own decisions. Quinn did not drug him, or restrain him, or beg him. Quinn may have been the one who kept coming to Carter, but when it came to sex, Carter was actually the instigator. But he gets to keep his job? Well, as long as he doesn't see Quinn? There is just so much wrong with that. An employer doesn't get to dictate who their employee's date or screw, regardless if it is their soon to be ex-wife. It is like Eric has Carter on a leash, and will only let him go so far. Testing him. Controlling him. No, I don't like it. Not. One. Bit. 

And the whole portrait thing? What the actual fuck. That completely came off as having my servant do the dirty work I can't be bothered with. I actually pulled back in a full on cringe. What the hell is Carter supposed to do with Quinn's portrait? He can't take it to her because Eric has forbade him any contact with Quinn. I guess he could mail it to her.........

So, is putting his feelings in boxes how Eric overcame Ridge's betrayal with Quinn? I mean, after all, Carter's actions equal the worst betrayal Eric has ever suffered. 

Why didn't Thomas tell Lt. Baker about Justin's actions? Bill will be pissed as hell for sure, but Bill is not the one Justin punched, and locked in cage in SP's basement for days. 

Some thought is growing back there in the recesses of my brain. A thought about some sort of Quinn and Justin partnership on the horizon. I don't know where the thought came from, but now it is growing. Two cast outs, looking for revenge; one crazy as fuck and the other burning with resentment and anger. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Maybe it's just me, but didn't Eric kinda cause all this by refusing to have physical relations with Quinn? That used to be valid grounds for divorce (if old-fashioned).

I wish they'd give Quinn a good divorce lawyer but then that would be a different show...

• Love 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, tessaray said:

Maybe it's just me, but didn't Eric kinda cause all this by refusing to have physical relations with Quinn? That used to be valid grounds for divorce (if old-fashioned).

Ummmm, no. Eric was understandably upset that Quinn tried to break up Ridge and Brooke. Quinn should have been focusing on her own marriage the whole time. There is never a reason to cheat. 

5 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I can’t believe Eric said Carter would be handling the divorce! 🤦‍♀️

That is probably the most ridiculous thing about all of this. Well, that and dead Vinnie sending a text. Or was it a Marco Polo? Either way, how could it send itself? Unless when $Bill grabbed the phone he accidentally hit send somehow. And how did Justin unlock Thomas’ phone?  So many, many plot holes. 

B&B proves that shows/movies can be as stupid as all get out but still entertaining. It’s the Sharknado of soaps. 

Edited by Runningwild
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, backhometome said:

So Bill doesnt face any charges for covering up a crime?

His “sentence” was time served so a get out of jail free card, same as Liam I guess.  Had to FF the ongoing amazement scenes of Liam’s return home, gag me, it went on and on and on.  He acted like being put into that transport van was sending him to another planet never to be seen again.  Not feeling that drama.

Nor was I feeling the tear shedding by Bill of all people about what Justin had done!  Was Justin crying too?  I couldn’t tell.  Bill should have been furious to the point of punching him!  

Why is Paris concerned now about Zende missing Zoey?  Thought that was put to bed a while ago. 

Thomas should have pressed charges against Justin! Where is Baker when you need him.  At the hot dog stand!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Thomas should have pressed charges against Justin! Where is Baker when you need him.  At the hot dog stand!

Thomas wants to come off as a stand up guy now, everyone forgives him for his past transgressions.  I think he's just waiting in the bushes for another chance at Hope, whenever that happens. 

It too bad because I think he's gotten hotter with the glorious long hair and facial hair.  So if, on the other hand, he truly is reformed, I think he should be paired with new woman, someone we haven't seen before.     

• Love 10

I’ve always thought that Thomas looked better with the goatee since the actor has a prominent chin. Now Bill needs to shave that neck beard he has! He always looked good with a precisely trimmed beard.

Bill was all over the place, first saying Justin was his “blood brother,” like family, then saying Justin wasn’t blood, he was an employee.

• Love 10

I think Bill was all over the place because his feelings were all over the place.  He's standing there trying to process what Justin did, so I can understand him thinking of him as "blood brother" in one breath, and then "employee" in the next breath.  Justin is no longer "family" to him. 

What I wonder is why Justin kept his seething hatred under wraps for so long, and Bill is probably wondering why he didn't see it so they could have talked things out.  I'm sorry things ended this way for them.

• Love 3

Paris please please join your sister in Europe.  Your impersonation of the Easter Bunny is way past it’s sell by date.  

Zende and Paris gossiping like to old hens.  Zende grandfather’s wife’s name is Quinn. Yes Zende she has a name. Have some respect.  Paris and Zende swapping spit 🤢🤮

Great scene between Bill and Justin. Now there are actors who know how to act. Today Bill and Justin soared with the Eagles while the Turkeys just sat around and gossiped. 

Justin you are so full of shit. The only reason you did the right think was because you were caught. You realized that caging Lurch was going to be your demise. Justin, if you were that unhappy resign or tell Bill how you really felt about being disrespected. 

• Love 4

Wait! Bill respected Justin? I must have missed that storyline. I’ve been watching since Day 1. I swear I must have dosed off when that happened. LOL!!!! That said, it was a good confrontation scene between Diamont & Spears but I didn’t believe a word Bill said. Also, is Thomas just going to let Justin get away with locking him up? 

• Love 7

Sure Liam. It's all well and good until one day you find another reason to boink Steffy and betray Hope. 🙄

They must keep it pretty cold in the FC building. I don't see how that jacket Paris was wearing would work in LA in the summer.

I gotta give Justin points for having the nerve to show up at Bill's office. After what he did, he should've left town and tried to disappear.

Zende's jacket. Yikes.

Meh, again with the best friend stuff. People like Bill and Ridge must have different ideas of what "best friend" means. Looks more like "flunky" to me.

Bill, Justin knows where the bodies are buried. He helped you bury them. You sure you want to banish him from your life?

• Love 12
2 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Bill was all over the place, first saying Justin was his “blood brother,” like family, then saying Justin wasn’t blood, he was an employee.

I don’t remember him saying blood brother, just brother. Then $Bill pointed out that his company was going to be inherited by his sons. 

My family moved to a new house with a fireplace when I was little. Just outside of Tampa. We had everyone over for Christmas and Mom insisted on lighting a fire. She turned the AC way down but people were still going outside where it was in the 70s to cool off. That’s what I think of every time I see a fireplace lit on this show. At least Mom didn’t do that in July. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I wish that Justin would get a decent SL. He can bring it when given something else to work with than being Bill's "wingman." Seriously? While I enjoyed the scene with Justin and Bill, some of the stuff Bill was spewing as nonsensical. They could have been reciting the alphabet, really. It was so nice to see some decent acting and not schamltzy romance with Lope or Sinn. 

• Love 10

The Bill/Justin breakup was the most intense relationship ending scene I think I've witnessed on this show.  I knew shit was gonna get real when $Bill started crying the moment Justin admitted it.  

I wish it wasn't wasted on such a cheap quickie stunt of a storyline, though.  There was a lot of material there about Justin being resentful and that building up over time, but we didn't get to see any of that.  

If this is the way it had to go down, I think things should have basically stayed the way they were.  It was always interesting to me that Justin was so fanatically loyal to Bill, because he just...was.  Some things like in life are just quirky mysteries and are better off for it, imo.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
(edited)
5 hours ago, Runningwild said:

I don’t remember him saying blood brother, just brother. Then $Bill pointed out that his company was going to be inherited by his sons. 

No, Bill said “blood brother” because I was like 😮 when he said that. I was thinking did they cut their right palms then shake hands to mingle their blood when they were young turks? 😆

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, tessaray said:

Absolutely agree. It was called Alienation of Affection.

• Love 4
(edited)

Oh my, so I am just going to own it right out of the gate; I was simply undone. 

Don and Aaron brought me to tears. There is something so compelling and heartbreaking about two independent, strong men breaking down their love/hate relationship. A relationship that has spanned decades, and has seen, been through, and encompassed so many things. Brotherhood is a powerful thing, often more complex than blood brothers, and I think Bill's confusion and disbelief perfectly represented that. When he told Justin he was now his Judas? Man, I was transfixed. And when Bill was laying it all out there and Justin was fighting back the tears? Goodness. So I say bravo to DD and AS, they really brought the stuff, and made those scenes not only entertaining, but powerful and painful as well. 

I hope this leads to something big for AS. He is so deserving. I can't believe they would have ended his relationship with Bill for nothing. 

In other news; Liam is home and still can't believe it. 

I want Paris's jacket. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16
(edited)

DD & AS just gave a master class in “breaking up” (I know it was yesterday, but I just watched as I was getting ready this morning). Holy cow, I had to dab my mascara a few times. It was a fantastic scene, & I felt the emotion of both men. As thrilled as I am for AS to finally, finally get a meaty storyline, I can’t help but wonder how he’ll be on-screen a year from now, or sooner, most likely. He big-time betrayed $Bill & kidnapped Thomas. He’s infuriated both of the show’s big families, I don’t see a way out. Donna is likely heading back to Honey Bear, so she’s out as a way of getting in, I can’t see redemption, unless Katie needs another kidney. Ooooohhhhh, or $Bill, then they kinda would be “blood brothers”. 

I follow Matthew Atkinson on Insta, & he’s a pretty cool dude. I wish they’d let his personality seep into Thomas like they have DD/$Bill’s. 

Edited by nkotb
Spacing
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, MsTree said:

Absolutely agree. It was called Alienation of Affection.

I think AoA involves a 3rd party?

I decided to look it up and refusal of intimacy is considered desertion and grounds for divorce in several states (though CA didn't come up in the first batch, so not sure about them). It doesn't excuse Quinn cheating, of course. But marriage is at its heart a sexual exclusivity contract. Eric bears some fault in what happened. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I'm shocked that this storyline got resolved so quickly... I was expecting another two months at least of Liam and Bill languishing in jail.

On 7/14/2021 at 6:33 AM, RuntheTable said:

I see we have decided to keep with history, and give the man a pass? So annoying. Carter is a grown ass man, with his own agency, who makes his own decisions. Quinn did not drug him, or restrain him, or beg him. Quinn may have been the one who kept coming to Carter, but when it came to sex, Carter was actually the instigator. But he gets to keep his job? Well, as long as he doesn't see Quinn? There is just so much wrong with that. An employer doesn't get to dictate who their employee's date or screw, regardless if it is their soon to be ex-wife. It is like Eric has Carter on a leash, and will only let him go so far. Testing him. Controlling him. No, I don't like it. Not. One. Bit.  c

22 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I can’t believe Eric said Carter would be handling the divorce! 🤦‍♀️

Truly ridiculous.  I think it's incredible that Carter wasn't set packing instantly.  I think it's incredible that Carter hasn't done the honourable thing and resigned.  The Forresters practically treat him as family, and he rewarded them by sleeping with the boss' wife.  IRL he would so be fired and publicly humiliated.

13 hours ago, Artsda said:

Is Thomas not going to tell anyone about the cage? Justin got off easy if all he's loosing is his job.

Instead of Carter getting all these storylines, I don't understand why they couldn't give more of his story to Justin.  Justin deserves so much more than being Bill's lackey.

More Donna is always welcome.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

They updated Justin's photo in the credits so he's not going anywhere. 

Carter will probably hang Quinn's portrait in his apartment, Quinn will come over for some reason, see it, they will fall back in bed together, Eric will find out and finally fire Carter.

If Carter was smart, he would've quit.

Carter & Justin should form their own law firm.

Was there ever any resolution to Emma's death? Doesn't Justin know Thomas ran her off the road?  Maybe Thomas won't press charges on Justin because Justin could press charges on Thomas for running Emma off the road?

Paris wouldn't have to wonder if Zende's mind will now be on Zoe if she had just kept her mouth shut about Quinn/Carter.

Is Nicole still in Paris? I wonder if Zoe and Nicole will hook up and trade stories about Zende.  We know either Zoe or Nicole will come back from Paris to mess things up with Paris and Zende.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, blackwing said:

I'm shocked that this storyline got resolved so quickly... I was expecting another two months at least of Liam and Bill languishing in jail

There hasn't been one single story since Beth's switch that's lasted longer than 5 weeks in the last two years. It's like the show is on fast forward for some reason.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

I was disheartened by the convo between Paris and Zende that definitely left the door open for a Zoe return.

Edited by CharlizeCat
Shouldn't try to post without my reading glasses!
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Justin's offer today to Ridge and Thomas is a great way to give him more storylines, and if $Bill and Waffle Boy can get out of any real legal punishment for tampering with evidence, hiding a body, lying to the police, abuse of a corpse, etc. etc. etc. then I guess Justin won't be darkening the Lieutenant's door anytime soon. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Quinn out of the mansion but into the fire. Have you seen Quinn’s eyes being that bright looking at Eric as they are looking at a shirtless Carter. 

Now Justin is taking a page out of the “Godfather” playbook and making Ridge and Lurch an offer they can’t refuse. So that unscrupulous Ridge is making the deal forgetting his drop from a helicopter and the kidnapping of his son because the enemy of my enemy is my friend. 

I wasn’t going to comment on the divorce until we knew the grounds of the divorce but no matter the grounds, Carter cannot ethically represent Eric in the divorce. Carter was a willing participant in the demise of the marriage.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

Wow what a week. I'm not saying that because this was a week full a great writing and character development. But because this was a week of shit writing and character assassination. I didn't watch because I couldn't stomach it as usual so I read the posts here. 

Brooke. So there seems to be a 50/50 or kind of 60/40 as to whether or not Brooke has any room to shit on Quinn for betraying Eric. I can see both sides. But I think there is enough nuance in Brooke's history to say yes and no. Yes, because Quinn outed the Brill kiss on video for everyone to see not giving Brooke a chance to come clean herself like Brooke gave her. Quinn has also compromised her daughter's happiness and safety many times. So on that basis alone Brooke can come sideways at all she wants and be mostly justified. No, because Brooke has a checkered past and not much room to talk and usually she doesn't, even when she should/can. But the writers seem keen on turning her into Soap Opera's Next Top Hypocrite probably because some bitter Taylor or Quinn stan on the payroll is salty about the handful of fans willing to call them out on their shit anytime they opened their mouths about Brooke. But this is merely my speculation lol. With all that said Carter shouldn't be cut any slack by Eric. 

The "hypocrite" badge would be tolerable if Brooke was more consistent like Stephanie was. She should've went this hard in the paint against Lame, instead of giving him a slap on the wrist and giving her child the awful advice to take him back. He has cheated on her daughter with her nemesis left and right for nearly a decade and hardly has any remorse about it as he keeps doing it and the reasons for his unfaithfulness get stupider and more chaotic each time. And she says nothing. Not to mention she forgave Felony, who trafficked her granddaughter so her credibility, like anyone else's that has forgiven Felony thus far is meaningless & non-existent. 

Does anyone else find it disgusting and low-key misogynistic how the show portrays Hope as this ultra loyal wife to a ultra disloyal husband like Lame? We're barely 6 months out from the discovery of his latest extramarital boink (not even a year from it actually happening) and we already have cheesy reunions and cringey slow-mo running. He didn't even earn it and if it were even possible to earn her love/trust back after all of this it would/should take actual years and they would be broken up for most of those years.

Anyway, shoe on the other foot Hope would be shit out luck because Lame has pretty much always been helpless when Hope is in peril. And that is assuming Lame even believed her innocence, given how quick he is to judge her and doubt her.

This could've been a compelling SL had TPTB let Hope doubt Lame's innocence and not do much or anything at all to see if he really meant to kill Vinny or not and proceeded to file for divorce(they should've never reconciled he would still be kicked out of the Cabin at this point so him coming clean would happen under different circumstances or not at all). Thereby essentially leaving him to rot in jail/prison and getting on with her life not out of revenge but because she's just showing him the same amount of faith that he showed he had in her. The truth could still come out eventually by then the divorce is final and Hope might be relived for Beth's sake but still doesn't care beyond that. 

Justin and Bill scenes were great but Bill has a lot of nerve cos of course he does. They are both professional backstabbers but Bill is slightly worse about it. Justin helped every step of the way but Bill had to know that Justin would be capable of this eventually. Justin is just as opportunistic and grimy as he is. Anyone capable of sometimes gleefully being an accomplice Bill's manipulations and treachery of other's lives including his own son, is not someone I would trust with my life even if I was Bill Spencer himself. 

LMAO at Carter handling Eric and Quinn's divorce. That's the only good joke the show has unintentionally made in a while. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

I was disheartened by the convo between Paris and Zende that left the definitely left the door open for a Zoe return.

I'm not exactly against the concept of Zoe, but it would help with a better actress to have a more shit-stirrer type character on the show. I liked her better in that mode than when they were pushing her as a heroine.

30 minutes ago, TeamGabi said:

LMAO at Carter handling Eric and Quinn's divorce. That's the only good joke the show has unintentionally made in a while.

LMAO indeed! How does this even work?!

Bell just needs to end the show at this point and put it outta it's misery. He's clearly given up and between the out of work hacks like Jean Passanante and Jill Fuck-up Phelps there's no one w soap experience who is trust to get it back on track. Except maybe Maria Bell, who Brad sees at family holidays I presume but the nepotism doesn't extend to in-laws, apparently 🤷‍♀️

• Love 4

Carter probably needs a shower after the eye-(bleeping) Quinn gave him.

Do any of the writers remember what Thomas did to Justin’s niece? What century are they saving the resolution of that storyline for since the Justin character is now at the forefront?

• Love 11
1 hour ago, TeamGabi said:

Does anyone else find it disgusting and low-key misogynistic how the show portrays Hope as this ultra loyal wife to a ultra disloyal husband like Lame? We're barely 6 months out from the discovery of his latest extramarital boink (not even a year from it actually happening) and we already have cheesy reunions and cringey slow-mo running. He didn't even earn it and if it were even possible to earn her love/trust back after all of this it would/should take actual years and they would be broken up for most of those years.

This!  And add in the different ways Quinn & Carter are treated after their betrayals were made public.  Strike two.

• Love 12

Today I noticed that CBS.com has added LSV's photo to the B&B show page header. It's not a great photo IMO and seems like an afterthought to me. Maybe he's replacing KB in the rotation. 😑

Bad dream? Thomas, you were assaulted, kidnapped, and held captive. Those add up to multiple felonies, not a mere bad dream. Geez.

Ehhhh. Carter's got that puffy, over-developed look again. Me no like. Quinn seemed to be drinking it in though, with her thirsty self. 😍

Thomas bringing the real talk about how it makes ZERO sense that Carter isn't fired. Ridge was tripping over his own feet, tapdancing as he made excuses for it, and Brooke and Steffy were blandly cosigning. It's absurd IMO how they're acting like Carter was Quinn's victim.

Quinn, Eric got Carter to represent him in the divorce so you couldn't. It's a very common ploy, especially among rich people. If Eric wanted to be particularly vindictive he'd make contact with every divorce attorney in the metro area to keep them from being able to work for you. Conflict of interest accrues even from a preliminary meeting which doesn't result in the attorney being hired.

I also don't get why Katie and Wyatt had to be trying to convince Bill forgive Justin. Oh yeah, because the show has to figure out a way to keep Justin around without sending him to prison or killing him off. Apparently he doesn't merit the brain tumor redemption. 🙄

Oh again with this "press charges" b.s. The police and prosecutors decide whether a crime has been committed and warrants someone being arrested for it. It's not up to the victim.

• Love 5

Possible unpopular opinion here, but I'm about done with Carter and Quinn at this point.  She's always sucked, and even though I did eventually want Eric to forgive him, I'm kind of miffed by how everyone just shrugged off Carter having much responsibility here.  He was also a fairly pathetic character during the whole lead up to the reveal, so just miss me with their forbidden love story.  

When they did the montage of the LA beach scenery, since it took place right after Bill referencing him, I legit thought it was going to show Justin skateboarding or playing volleyball.

Happy they're going to give Justin some continuing story, at least.  Aaron Spears definitely deserves it.  

Katie looked really good today.  She still has zero chemistry with Bill, and tons with Wyatt.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

I wasn’t going to comment on the divorce until we knew the grounds of the divorce but no matter the grounds, Carter cannot ethically represent Eric in the divorce. Carter was a willing participant in the demise of the marriage.  

Plus Carter isn’t a divorce lawyer. He’s a corporate counsel. Law is very specialized. This is as stupid as Justin, another corporate counsel, handling a criminal case. Like having a dermatologist do open heart surgery! 🙄

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Wow, they really do have people reading message boards (or at least r/boldandbeautiful, where someone just days ago brought this exact thing about not giving someone a warning and asking if it's really necessary to replay the Vinny video as much as they have):

Talk about being ten minutes late with Starbucks in hand. Are you kidding me?! One (1) PSA on Twitter, way after the story wrapped up?!

Good lord. I'm ready to pack it up and apply as the show's new PR manager. They need the help.

1 hour ago, LittleIggy said:

@Joimiaroxeu Who is LSV? I don’t know all the actors’ names

Lawrence Saint Vincent.

1 hour ago, JNavarro said:

Possible unpopular opinion here, but I'm about done with Carter and Quinn at this point.  She's always sucked, and even though I did eventually want Eric to forgive him, I'm kind of miffed by how everyone just shrugged off Carter having much responsibility here.  He was also a fairly pathetic character during the whole lead up to the reveal, so just miss me with their forbidden love story.  

I'm over it, too. The whole thing fizzled out and the Forresters all giving a free pass to a man who willing participated in the affair/tryst just doesn't sit right with me. The show always takes a soft hand to the men on this show but damn, not even Liam's ever gotten to skate off this easily.

5 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Thomas bringing the real talk about how it makes ZERO sense that Carter isn't fired. Ridge was tripping over his own feet, tapdancing as he made excuses for it, and Brooke and Steffy were blandly cosigning. It's absurd IMO how they're acting like Carter was Quinn's victim.

See, now of this was a side of Thomas we got more often instead of his obsessive focus on a woman, I could warm up to him again.

1 hour ago, JNavarro said:

Happy they're going to give Justin some continuing story, at least.  Aaron Spears definitely deserves it.  

Me, too. As much shit as everyone's been forgiven for on this show and somehow still accepted in polite company...what did he do to Thomas, really? Held him for a day or two and was going to come clean before Hope sprang him. Which is more than Thomas  ever intended to do for Hope, Beth, and his own sister raising a baby that wasn't hers to keep.

I suppose TPTB are also easing off of Thomas going after blood because of his history. Given Emma and Caroline, I dunno if I couldve sat through scenes of him bleating on about how injured he was seeing that he's.. you know... alive and was sober enough to defend himself, so I'll give Show a pass on that. Just keep him from Hope...I hate Lope, but not that much.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, tessaray said:

I think AoA involves a 3rd party?

The 3rd party in Quinn & Eric's divorce is Carter. Eric refused intimacy with Quinn, and wound up getting it from Carter.

• Useful 1

Ok, I think I see where we are going. Quinn and Carter are going to cave to their desires, Eric will find out, and Justin will be FC's new council. The bigger question for me, is will Carter become SP"s new council? 

I don't see Quinn and Carter as a great love story; at least not yet. I liken them more to Brooke and Deacon; attracted to each other, the relationship giving each of them something they need, unable to stay away no matter how wrong it is. There is also the heat/chemistry factor, and just like B/D, Q/C have it. And a lot of it. And I like this Quinn. she is actually gracious and considerate, traits that actually make her more beautiful. She had every reason to be mad as hell that Eric gave Carter a pass; yes, she has transgressed on her marriage before, but still, to keep Carter on his payroll? But instead of getting angry about it, Quinn was happy for Carter. That is not the Quinn I know. And she looked stunning yesterday too. 

There is nothing like a common enemy to bring other enemies together. I wonder what will be harder for Bill to take; Justin pulling a power play and trying to take over SP's, as he also wanted Bill and Liam to rot in jail, or him turning coat, and sidling up to the Forrester's? Not only becoming their new bestie, but spilling all the $Bill tea? I don't really understand how any of that will benefit Ridge, but it would certainly reset everything back to the way it was before VinnyGate. Bill's clean slate handshake with Thomas will be completely erased, and any new found fondness Liam is feeling will be wiped away as well. 

Katie and Wyatt really need to find their way back to each other; cause Batie is staler than year old bread. I could see the invisible waves on chemistry flowing between their chairs in Bill's office. And a bonus would be how it would rock Flo's world. Then Shauna and Bill could hook up; I think they would make an interesting pairing. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, BoffoDaWonderSheep said:

I'm relatively new to B&B, so I have a question: who gave Bill the nickname Dollar Bill? Himself? Someone else? Or was it a nickname on the message boards that the writers picked up on? Thanks!

Pretty sure he gave himself that name. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

The 3rd party in Quinn & Eric's divorce is Carter. Eric refused intimacy with Quinn, and wound up getting it from Carter.

To swing back to the original point, Quinn can't legally use Eric's refusal to have sex with her as an excuse for having an affair. Eric can however try to sue Carter for Alienation of Affection but the circumstances are iffy IMO.

I think a better case could've been made if Quinn had already been having the affair when Eric shut down. Maybe he sensed Quinn was being unfaithful and it turned him off, and then later he was proven correct. Or, if Eric had then turned around and started sleeping with Donna after he refused Quinn, then Quinn could try to sue Donna for A of A. Emphasis on "try," and she'd have a better case if she hadn't also cheated.

It's not my understanding that you can just sue anyone who sleeps with your spouse. I think there needs to be a chain of events where the third party has knowingly and actively tried to end or interfere in your marriage via an affair. I don't think that was quite the case with Carter. He was just temporarily filling a hole Eric created and wasn't trying to get Quinn to leave Eric.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Alienation of Affection is a cause of action in only Hawaii, Illinois, Mississippi, New Mexico, North Carolina, South Dakota, and Utah. Most states got rid of it because it really is archaic.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I don't think that was quite the case with Carter. He was just temporarily filling a hole Eric created and wasn't trying to get Quinn to leave Eric.

Eric didn't create that hole that Carter filled.  😒

• LOL 7
  • Love 1