Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

On 4/1/2021 at 2:28 PM, Cetacean said:

Bags of greens don't come in sizes that are helpful for the single eaters.  If I get the bagged stuff, I have to eat a salad every single day so it doesn't go bad.  A head of lettuce would be slimy before I got through all of it. 

Just wanted to share a tip for lettuce that really works - when you get home, chop the end off, and rinse all the leaves with water. 

Then make a stack alternating a 1/2 sheet of paper towel or napkin in between each leaf of lettuce. Take this stack of leaves/towels and put it in a plastic bag or container.  The damp paper keeps the leaves from wilting and touching each other (which is what causes it to get gross), and the lettuce will stay crisp and fresh up to two weeks.   

Each time you want a salad, just grab a few leaves and shred or chop.

I learned this on an internet forum years ago and it dramatically increased how many salads I can eat because I'm not constantly throwing out bad lettuce.

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Useful 9
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I honestly think that was more to do with," I really don't need to be spending my money on this, I have a houseful of kids to care for".  Money has always been an issue for her.  She even said in the book, she had resentment toward Meri and Christine for carelessly spending money when they should have used it for necessary things and she was struggling financially to provide for her children.

I can see Janelle feeling that way.  They were in an upscale gift shop/boutique where a wreath probably cost $50 - $100. not the dollar store.  Meri missed an opportunity to bond with Janelle by not saying..."Hey, we could put one together ourselves, you supply the components you want in it and I can get out my trusty glue gun and we can put my wet bar island to good use".

On second thought, that may have turned into as big a fiasco as the Thanksgiving corn can decorating, when Janelle arrived at Meri's to find the project nearly complete, and Janelle thought she was meeting with Meri to discuss what shades of brown they should use.  Two totally different mindsets.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

On second thought, that may have turned into as big a fiasco as the Thanksgiving corn can decorating, when Janelle arrived at Meri's to find the project nearly complete, and Janelle thought she was meeting with Meri to discuss what shades of brown they should use.  Two totally different mindsets.

Agree.  I have to give it to Meri getting in there and getting stuff done, like when they move.  But at the same time, Janelle was a full time worker and had no time to do crafting projects.  So has no idea where to start.  I'm the same way, plus I'm not very creative.

• Love 8
48 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

Just wanted to share a tip for lettuce that really works - when you get home, chop the end off, and rinse all the leaves with water. 

Then make a stack alternating a 1/2 sheet of paper towel or napkin in between each leaf of lettuce. Take this stack of leaves/towels and put it in a plastic bag or container.  The damp paper keeps the leaves from wilting and touching each other (which is what causes it to get gross), and the lettuce will stay crisp and fresh up to two weeks.   

Each time you want a salad, just grab a few leaves and shred or chop.

I learned this on an internet forum years ago and it dramatically increased how many salads I can eat because I'm not constantly throwing out bad lettuce.

I second that tip and it has really helped me keep greens fresh

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Agree.  I have to give it to Meri getting in there and getting stuff done, like when they move.  But at the same time, Janelle was a full time worker and had no time to do crafting projects.  So has no idea where to start.  I'm the same way, plus I'm not very creative.

Same.  I so admire creativity in others.  Musical talent, too.

It's too bad that Janelle's practicality on finances didn't rub off on any of the other adults.  No doubt they would have had far fewer debts than they must have now.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

It's too bad that Janelle's practicality on finances

So does Kody just blow off Janelle's finance opinion or is she as bad as he is?

We keep hearing about her "expertise" in this area, but I'm not seeing it.

Maybe they mean she just writes the checks and pays the bills, like Christine just learned to do . . . looking at you little water bill.

Edited by itsadryheat
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

We keep hearing about her "expertise" in this area, but I'm not seeing it.

Well, none of them have filed for bankruptcy nor were any of the houses foreclosed so she might be doing something right. They are way overdue for a bankruptcy.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Well, none of them have filed for bankruptcy nor were any of the houses foreclosed so she might be doing something right. They are way overdue for a bankruptcy.

The only one who hasn't had a BK is Robyn. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Cetacean said:

I'm sure they know how bad a look that would be while they're on television.  I'm sure once the show ends one or more of them will be back on the circuit. 

• Love 8

Yay! It's bricks with butter. God Janelle I dont know a single baker that just uses buckwheat in bread because it turns out so dense. And of course it's Plexis/Plexus which sure does a body good, except not.

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
44 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Yay! It's bricks with butter. God Janelle I dont know a single baker that just uses buckwheat in bread because it turns out so dense. And of course it's Plexis/Plexus which sure does a body good, except not.

So if I see her with a pink drink it is Plexus??? 

I gotta quit  checking this thread when I am cooking dinner as there is so often a very unappetizing post of one of Janelle's "culinary" endeavors.   I need to lose my Covid-19 pounds so maybe I should spend more time looking at Janelle's food,   It might curb my appetite enough to lose the weight.  See Janelle, you can help with weight loss.

• LOL 8
8 minutes ago, Twopper said:

So if I see her with a pink drink it is Plexus???

We can probably assume since she and her daughter push it now. She used to drink a variety of odd-looking drinks but now it seems to be pink.

Janelle is so bizarre.  Her posts are never relatable they are just weird.  The way she writes never has any humor or upbeat feel. 

When I see a story claiming female empowerment I’m like cool- let’s hear it. She got a mat for her knees?  If Janelle had the ability (which I don’t think she does) she could write a pretty engaging post about a bigger girl hitting the gym but that just was lead balloon level.

I assume one can hire a ghostwriter to handle this kind of stuff- why in the world does she not?  I’m grateful for the choice bc the snark is endless but what in the hell?  Her bread looks like a number two a giant dog took at a dog park where I said to my friend “and now we leave”. 

• LOL 6
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

5B53A74D-8FF0-417B-9F24-2EA77F9526D8.jpeg

5FB50F25-94F1-44E7-9D9B-9F7D9835154E.jpeg

251596FB-A9E1-465D-B2E2-722D07D473F0.jpeg

I guess the trip to Sedona is her reward.  Remember when she "voluntarily" offered to isolate from Kody because her boys were being exposed, she sobbed out "you owe me big time for this Kody".  She also acted as his angry mouthpiece when Christine had the audacity to propose a return to Utah.

It sounds like it's the first time he has taken her for a spin in his "old" convertible.  Revel in it Janelle, it's the most you can hope for.

• Love 11

I love Oak Creek Canyon. Dropping down into it from Flagstaff is absolutely terrifying (winding, twisting, steep switchbacks clinging to the side of a cliff with a bunch of people in RVs on a two-lane road), but it is a truly spectacular drive in its own right. Then you round the curve and Boom! Sedona. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I guess the trip to Sedona is her reward.  Remember when she "voluntarily" offered to isolate from Kody because her boys were being exposed, she sobbed out "you owe me big time for this Kody".  She also acted as his angry mouthpiece when Christine had the audacity to propose a return to Utah.

It sounds like it's the first time he has taken her for a spin in his "old" convertible.  Revel in it Janelle, it's the most you can hope for.

A trip to Sedona in a convertible was Christine's delayed anniversary celebration.  Janelle gets the same treat for her great non-communications skills a day or two before Kody and Meri's anniversary.  If Meri and Kody celebrate their anniversary this year, it will be behind a rest stop or at the landfill.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Sandy W said:

He took her camping in one of the early seasons, and they went in a convertible.  I am beginning to watch this as a travelogue since the adults are morons.

• LOL 6
11 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

AF17A4C7-54CF-4E0B-B20C-DED280A81613.jpeg

6BF7796E-7037-4B0F-A8B1-6A25EF168058.jpeg

Judging from all of the SM stuff people post on here from Janelle, the ONLY thing even remotely interesting about her is that she's a polygamist. Other than that, she's a basic bitch. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

What the hell is that supposed to be? Janelle couldn’t even be bothered to walk over and get a decent picture of her dog to post. Good lord, that’s not even half-assing it, it’s more like 1/10-assing it. 

Didn't Kody say no to Aurora/Breanna about dogs? But three out of his four families have dogs...

• LOL 4
8 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Unless Meri got a dog recently, only Janelle and Christine have dogs in their homes.

Meri had Mosby with her for a while when Mariah, Audj & Koda went to Parowan.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Meri had Mosby with her for a while when Mariah, Audj & Koda went to Parowan.

I guess instead of “in their home”, I should have said, Meri doesn’t have a dog, it’s Mariah’s.

• Love 3
On 6/30/2020 at 8:39 PM, ginger90 said:

CBE5082A-FC34-4340-B6BD-326C78546D48.jpeg

AC540B06-914A-4F15-9829-620E6B14F6A6.jpeg

D0A84C54-5C29-4D05-908D-46E42A980FF4.jpeg

When the fambly met at Prairie Dog Plague Flats for Christine's, "Let's Move to Utah!" sales pitch, Janelle mentioned that she had just attended this wild plant seminar and recommended it to the others.  Around the same time (around Page 151 in this thread),  she posted pictures of Christine as her accountability buddy for morning hikes.  

Only because they're the Browns, it's almost believable that Christine never would have mentioned any of her simultaneous life crises (Ysabel's surgery, her realization that Kody's a jack wagon and returning to Utah) to her accountability buddy.  I hope that Christine ghosted Janelle the day after their big meeting.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

What the hell is that supposed to be? Janelle couldn’t even be bothered to walk over and get a decent picture of her dog to post. Good lord, that’s not even half-assing it, it’s more like 1/10-assing it. 

She wrote a post about the possibility of weather warm enough for sunbathing, based upon a dog, from her dark living room.  She couldn't even bother to go outside, or check her phone, newspaper, television or radio for a weather forecast.

I always hope that she posts such insipid reflections to goad us, but that gives her too much credit.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Didn't Kody say no to Aurora/Breanna about dogs? But three out of his four families have dogs...

There is all sorts of conflicting info about dogs.  Meri said Kody hated dogs in a recent talking head, and considering his attitude burying Drake, maybe he does.  Robyn on the couch after a visit to the zoo with the "wives" and "children" but sans Kody talked about how she didn't want any pets in the house at all because of pet bathroom issues. Moseby is often with Meri, Christine may or may not have a cat, and Janelle has dogs.  Christine got a puppy for Gwen to help her get over the sads about being in Flagstaff.

My theory based on what Robyn said is that she is the person who doesn't want a dog.

Kody is just silly implying that he would have to take care of all the dogs.  That is utter nonsense as that responsibility would fall to the moms.  Just like all the other responsibilities do.  He probably does get dog hair on his clothes at Janelle's but he can buy a clothes brush or get one of those roller things. 

Edited by Twopper
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

Kody is just silly implying that he would have to take care of all the dogs.  That is utter nonsense as that responsibility would fall to the moms.  Just like all the other responsibilities do.  He probably does get dog hair on his clothes at Janelle's but he can buy a clothes brush or get one of those roller things. 

Just like he takes care of all the kids. And the wives.

My theory is he doesn't want anything around that might have better hair than his. A low bar, but I'm certain most dogs could do it. Including a Chinese crested.

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

AF17A4C7-54CF-4E0B-B20C-DED280A81613.jpeg

6BF7796E-7037-4B0F-A8B1-6A25EF168058.jpeg

Let's talk about this photo for a moment.

I know that's a dog outside only because she told me.  As viewed through the dirty window, I am struggling to figure out which end of the dog is which, but whatever.  What really caught my attention is the bunched-up rug in front of the slider - at first I thought she was going to post about how her dog likes to hide under the rug or something, but nope - it's just a rug that Janelle couldn't bother to straighten out before taking the photo.  Now I am no Suzy Homemaker myself but it just seems like basic entry-level housekeeping to not let area rugs bunch up and become a tripping hazard, but then again it would mean that Janelle would've had to actually get up and fix it, then sit back down and  - well, that's not going to happen, I guess.  I'm also unclear as to what we are seeing in the foreground of this photo - is this another dog?  Or a fuzzy blanket?  

I realize I am being extremely nit-picky.  But does she realize that when she puts stuff like this out there, it only emphasizes how incredibly lazy she is at literally everything?

• Love 22
13 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I'm also unclear as to what we are seeing in the foreground of this photo - is this another dog?  Or a fuzzy blanket?  

From the strands & lumpy configuration it looks like a bathroom rug being used as Janelle's lap blanket.  Gabe's dog has thinner strands of black fur and her mom's dog has longer & lighter-coloured fur.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2