Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Looks like an old train car to me. On a side note, I never realized how much Axel looks like Hunter.

I just noticed that too, especially with Axel's current haircut.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I've done the roasted cabbage steaks before.  They were okay, but not something I would make again.

I have to give her an E for effort.  At least she tries to eat healthier options.

I love cabbage and will probably try this.  I grow it and eat it all the time! 

• Love 5

For a gal who doesn't know her veggies, she sure puts away a lot of cabbage.  Good thing she's got a nice Plexus cocktail to chase it down with so she doesn't get those dreaded digestion issues anymore.

• LOL 16
(edited)

Roasted cauliflower steaks are also really good. I make it at least a couple of times a month. Basically made the same way, olive oil, s/p sometimes a pinch of garlic powder, other times more exotic spices such as Persian Advieh, or Japanese Togarashi, or Egyptian Dukkak. Amazon is my spice friend!!

Edited by Gramto6
  • Useful 8
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I just found the listing. All I can say is based on the photos... Janelle is kind of a slob if this is the best attempt of staging that can be done.

8E982481-7B6F-484F-9CCB-9280A38A327A.jpeg

She moved the exercise bike away from the fireplace.  But, it also looks like they're in the middle of a move - in addition to her being a slob.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

$699,000!

Where does that put it in relation to Christine's and Meri's homes?? I know Meri is still renting, but just in perspective...do you think they will buy Janelle's home?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, smarty said:

Janelle's rental house was just put up for sale today.  

Interesting catch Smarty! Can't wait to find out where she's moving to . . . again. In with the king and queen perhaps? I heard they are into plural living, you know, the "lifestyle". Man these guys. Cannot imagine moving this much and the money they blow moving so much. Dopes.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I just found the listing. All I can say is based on the photos... Janelle is kind of a slob if this is the best attempt of staging that can be done.

Oh, the back yard. She'll have to leave her tomato thatch.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

There are other pics - I don't think we're allowed to give addresses here, but it came up easily when I googled Janelle Brown Flagstaff Az address. 

Back yard gone to weeds, screen door out of its track, a bed in what I assume is the in-law unit right up against the stove, bins and boxes everywhere. Not like they're packing up, more like they're living out of them.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

There are other pics - I don't think we're allowed to give addresses here, but it came up easily when I googled Janelle Brown Flagstaff Az address. 

Back yard gone to weeds, screen door out of its track, a bed in what I assume is the in-law unit right up against the stove, bins and boxes everywhere. Not like they're packing up, more like they're living out of them.

At first glance, I thought...Oh she's just being uncooperative with the realtor and not bothering to tidy up, as resentful tenants sometimes do when selling the property is inconvenient for them. 

I tried to give her the benefit of doubt when I saw the boxes in the living room and wondered they were from clearing out her mom's house and she just hasn't had time to disperse them yet.  Then I noticed the clutter and disarray throughout the rest of the house, notably the top of the dresser in the master bedroom and came to the conclusion that she just lives this way.

It seems to me that it's indicative of what goes on in Janelle's mind, on the surface she appears calm and steady but once the door is opened, the turmoil is revealed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Not like they're packing up, more like they're living out of them.

Well, since they move every 15 minutes I can see why she wouldn't bother to unpack.  Saves time.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
(edited)

What a dump.  She really needs to raise her standards for herself and her children.  And raise the cleanliness bar, too!

*I'm not saying the house is terrible, but at this stage in her life ("career woman," "tv star," a husband and 3 sisterwives with waaaay better living conditions), she should expect more for herself and her children.  It's kind of sad, really.

Edited by CouchTater
  • Love 10
35 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

What a dump.  She really needs to raise her standards for herself and her children.  And raise the cleanliness bar, too!

*I'm not saying the house is terrible, but at this stage in her life ("career woman," "tv star," a husband and 3 sisterwives with waaaay better living conditions), she should expect more for herself and her children.  It'd kind of sad, really.

Janelle always stands up for Kootie, even when he's an arrogant prick.  She stays his buddy that way, and it IS sad that she demands nothing from him for herself and her kids.

Sucks to be her.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, Quilty1 said:

She has one of those potty footstools.

pic1.jpg

As usual, Janelle doesn’t know how to tidy the place up for photos. The homeowner should have waited until the lazy slob moved out and then taken the photos. 

The last thing potential buyers want to see is this kind of shit. 

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, Quilty1 said:

She has one of those potty footstools.

pic1.jpg

I wondered about that! How does it work, exactly? Elevates the legs?

16 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

As usual, Janelle doesn’t know how to tidy the place up for photos. The homeowner should have waited until the lazy slob moved out and then taken the photos. 

The last thing potential buyers want to see is this kind of shit. 

And she was a real estate agent! You think she'd know. But I'm guessing she is trying to stay as long as possible. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

It puts you in more of a squatting position. Your knees are then higher than your hips, depending on your height. It’s supposed to ease the strain of going.

I took care of a woman that had one. She had a high toilet, but she was short. It was comfortable for her because then her feet didn’t dangle. 

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Janelle doesn’t know how to tidy the place up for photos

She had a real estate license. They preach living "the faith". You'd think these two items would give her a bit of professional and personal respect for other people and their stuff. Hope the landlord had a huge deposit.

Edited by itsadryheat
  • Love 9
(edited)
7 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Well, since they move every 15 minutes I can see why she wouldn't bother to unpack.  Saves time.

5 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Sucks to be her.

It does suck to be Janelle, and she sucks, too.  Here's just one reason (besides being a lesser wife to the douchebag ex-brother-in-law and stepbrother):

Unless she is going to buy this house (unlikely, based on price and its being listed at all), she will be moving a third time within Flagstaff, within 2-3 years, all while Savannah is still in high school. 

Yet, they moved to Flagstaff for Robyn, to whom Kody promised that she'd never have to move again.  Janelle got really angry when Christine suggested that the family return to Utah and accused Christine of wanting to be close to her children.  Every wife owns an actual habitat (Meri's in Parowan), except for Janelle, who doesn't worry about the instability it may cause her children.

Maybe Janelle will optimize her finite resources and set up a teepee and the trailer that her sons are refurbishing on Prairie Dog Plague Pass and replicate this rental's main house and guest house.  

Also, the next season may have to be based in Christine's and Robyn's houses or the Prairie Dog Plague Pass picnic tables, if Janelle's next rental is in a no-filming zone.

Edited by Grifter Lives
Verb
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:
3 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

It puts you in more of a squatting position. Your knees are then higher than your hips, depending on your height. It’s supposed to ease the strain of going.

I took care of a woman that had one. She had a high toilet, but she was short. It was comfortable for her because then her feet didn’t dangle. 

It's either a Squatty Potty or a step-n-go.  With her complaints about digestion, I am not surprised she has one, but I am horrified it is included in the picture.  I know about them as my daughter and SIL received one as  a gag gift from some friends.

Janelle moved from her first rental to be close to two wives, one of whom later moved.  Both Meri and Robyn had houses sold out from under them.  I am wondering if any of the three owners offered to sell the houses to them.  My theory is that they wanted to get rid of the Browns as tenants, possibly because the neighbors complained about filming or about Brown behavior.  There was a scene at Robyn's one time and they showed all the cars in front of and down the street from her rental.  Janelle said that her landlord was okay with her moving--and, presumably, breaking the lease--but my theory at the time was that she was asked to leave.

• Love 11
22 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I’m confused there’s a stove in the bedroom or a bed in the kitchen right on top of the stove???

7F075A7B-A14E-4A99-BBC3-D97821EAF156.thumb.jpeg.f4d5a0489cfa390cfaafbc4b26f9972b.jpeg

• LOL 7
2 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I’m confused there’s a stove in the bedroom or a bed in the kitchen right on top of the stove???

7F075A7B-A14E-4A99-BBC3-D97821EAF156.thumb.jpeg.f4d5a0489cfa390cfaafbc4b26f9972b.jpeg

It’s a separate living area in the house, with it’s own kitchen.

This is the main kitchen:

5E4E0F30-27B4-4788-A08C-A9898BE63AE4.jpeg

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

That is considered the mother in law suite in the house: per the listing "features five bedrooms, three bathrooms, AND A SEPARATE GUEST STUDIO OR IN-LAW STUDIO".  Other than being a big room with a small kitchenette and its own tiny bathroom I usually picture a MIL suite to have it's own door to the outside, which this doesn't seem to have.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
42 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

That’s a separate apartment in the house. That’s a strange place to place the bed haha.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)

Christine is the one scared of toasters.  Janelle is the one who should be since she puts weird things with drippy toppings in hers.  I noticed Christine now has a huge red toaster.  Perhaps her psychologist (or Gwen) is having her do exposure therapy.  The pink elephant in the room is a red toaster that is the first thing you notice when you enter the kitchen and you take deep breaths until you can remain in the room with it, eventually getting to where you feel safe enough to put bread in it and toast it.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

I probably wouldn't worry about doing anything to make the house look better if the owner was selling it while I was renting either. On that one I can't blame Janelle at all.  How many of her sons are living with her?  Two?  

• Love 7
(edited)
24 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Why are they taking pictures of the house while she is still living there? Is this normal? It seems incredibly intuitive. 

The owners may not be able to afford to have the house sit vacant and perhaps they were hoping the renters' clutter would distract people from seeing the brass around the shower & closet and plywood kitchen cabinets. It looks like the last updates were done 30+ years ago.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Why are they taking pictures of the house while she is still living there? Is this normal? It seems incredibly intuitive. 

It does seem intrusive but it may have been a condition of her lease when she first rented.  It's usually worded something like...with 24 hours notice to the tenant, the property may be show to prospective purchasers and realtors may be allowed access for the purpose of assessing the property...Having showings while the property is occupied means less risk to the landlord of having the property sit empty and not generating income.  If she is on a lease, the occupancy date for new purchaser could be coordinated to the end of Janelle's lease.

If she was originally on a lease that has now expired, she may be on a month to month rental agreement with similar terms and conditions written into the rental agreement.

In this instance though, if I were the landlord here I would wait until Janelle vacated, giving the owner an opportunity to clean, repair, and paint where needed.  The $1,000 +/- that she is paying in rent plus the cost of rehabbing is peanuts compared to what a prospective buyer would deduct from a purchase price given the condition of the property.

Property values must have skyrocketed in Flagstaff this past year.  It makes Robyn's nest at $900,000 seem like a great investment if the realtor and owner think this place is worth anywhere near $700,000.

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I probably wouldn't worry about doing anything to make the house look better if the owner was selling it while I was renting either. On that one I can't blame Janelle at all.  How many of her sons are living with her?  Two?  

Unless the rental situation has changed a great deal this past year, rentals are scarce in Flagstaff.  The first thing I would do as a prospective landlord to Janelle would be to check out her previous rental, one look at how she had disrespected this home would cause me to shuffle her application to the bottom of the pile.

• Love 4