Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Statistics for one serving (32 chips).

Capture.JPG.62e51d0901103b2a5471f8a26d0ab0f1.JPG

meh.  not worth it.  And anyway - she didn't cycle enough to even burn off one serving of Fritos.  She only cycled for 20 minutes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

From SoapDirt: "Kody also said he’s debating one more go at fatherhood. But, also admitted it’s unlikely but said he needs to follow-up with Robyn Brown. The head of the Sister Wives clan said they must consider if her body can take another pregnancy."  

How considerate of him.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, deirdra said:

From SoapDirt: "Kody also said he’s debating one more go at fatherhood. But, also admitted it’s unlikely but said he needs to follow-up with Robyn Brown. The head of the Sister Wives clan said they must consider if her body can take another pregnancy."  

How considerate of him.

I'm starting to think Robyn might have a Manitou growing in her neck like this crazy old Tony Curtis movie... Susan Strasberg even looks a bit like Robyn  😋

"A psychic's girlfriend finds out that a lump on her neck is a growing reincarnation of a 400 year-old demonic Native American spirit."

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I'm starting to think Robyn might have a Manitou growing in her neck like this crazy old Tony Curtis movie... Susan Strasberg even looks a bit like Robyn  😋

"A psychic's girlfriend finds out that a lump on her neck is a growing reincarnation of a 400 year-old demonic Native American spirit."

That explains SOOO much!  No wonder she's a raving bitch - she's possessed!!!

• LOL 8

Ok you all, now I want Fritos.  Yum. 

Another baby?  Robyn’s uterus is going to fall out.  I sense it’s a pull for another season. Oh and producers?  I never want to see any of them in labor again. Ever.  

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

Ok you all, now I want Fritos.  Yum. 

Another baby?  Robyn’s uterus is going to fall out.  I sense it’s a pull for another season. Oh and producers?  I never want to see any of them in labor again. Ever.  

Robyn isn't going to have another baby.  It might interfere with her sleeping until noon.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Robyn isn't going to have another baby.  It might interfere with her sleeping until noon.

And how many kids can she have in the bed at the same time?  As far as we know Prince Sol and Areola are still co-sleeping. Wouldn't be surprised if she was still breast feeding them both.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

I never want to see any of them in labor again. Ever.  

Or shots of her stepfather staring at her cooter again, videoing her giving birth.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, deirdra said:

How considerate of him.

Totally reminds me of an owner of a broodmare saying can I squeeze one more foal out of this blue hen mare before her uterus quits?

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

Totally reminds me of an owner of a broodmare saying can I squeeze one more foal out of this blue hen mare before her uterus quits?

As a horse person myself, this is sadly true. 

7 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

This. Culture. Ya know, I’m not a fan of Mariah but at least she’s in graduate school and not allowing herself to be defined by being a baby maker. 

Where I’m going with this is the men seem to get to go do what they want while the women’s dreams are destroyed by their gender and culture they were raised in.  These women could do the same, go into the military and have money for college. You’d think that would be logical. But no. Marriage. Babies. Not the image we see above in their future. How grim. 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

This. Culture. Ya know, I’m not a fan of Mariah but at least she’s in graduate school and not allowing herself to be defined by being a baby maker. 

Where I’m going with this is the men seem to get to go do what they want while the women’s dreams are destroyed by their gender and culture they were raised in.  These women could do the same, go into the military and have money for college. You’d think that would be logical. But no. Marriage. Babies. Not the image we see above in their future. How grim. 

Not everyone is cut out for the military.  I would have crashed and burned.  Daily.  But you have the right idea... there ARE other avenues.  Did any of the Brown kids get any scholarships?  It's possible that they might have, but it wasn't mentioned I suppose.  

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Not everyone is cut out for the military.  I would have crashed and burned.  Daily.  But you have the right idea... there ARE other avenues.  Did any of the Brown kids get any scholarships?  It's possible that they might have, but it wasn't mentioned I suppose.  

Gabe was on track for academic as well as athletic scholarships in LV.  It has been argued that if he was that accomplished, he would have shone just as brightly in Flagstaff but that begs the question that academic standards may vary state to state and ignores the fact that it would take some time to gain his footing with established team players.

With full credit to Gabe, it seems that he doubled down and completed 2 years in one, making it possible for him to escape the repressive influence of his father and submissive mother, charting a course for his eventual fulfillment. 

• Love 19
8 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I agree and I wish the girls would have gotten an education and been independent for a while before settling down.

The one that disappointed me the most was Maddie because she seemed bright, outspoken full of energy and wanted to be a lawyer and *poof* that all went up in smoke and now she's a stay at home mom who seems bored and frustrated.

As crazy as Mykelti is at least she's not popping out kids one after another and Aspyn seems to be following the same path of being a couple for a while and enjoying life together.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

I agree and I wish the girls would have gotten an education and been independent for a while before settling down.

The one that disappointed me the most was Maddie because she seemed bright, outspoken full of energy and wanted to be a lawyer and *poof* that all went up in smoke and now she's a stay at home mom who seems bored and frustrated.

As crazy as Mykelti is at least she's not popping out kids one after another and Aspyn seems to be following the same path of being a couple for a while and enjoying life together.

Yes, there's nothing wrong with being a sahm if that's what you really WANT to do.  And yes, I get it, every moment is not rainbows and hugs.  Sometimes it's temper tantrums and projectile vomiting.  Not everything you say about it will be wonderful.  But for all her posting about how much she's grown, Maddie just doesn't seem all that happy with the life she's living.

I don't think formal education was the right decision for Mykelti at this time as I don't think she really knows what she wants yet.  However, it does seem like she's genuinely working at Lulano and the contact paper nails.  She seems happy.  And it does seem that Aspyn is going to put her education to work for at least a while before she starts having babies.

• Love 10

I may cop flack for this but I’m just going to share my opinion. I know Janelle had big dreams that all of the kids attend college, but truthfully some kids are not motivated enough for it. Janelle herself quit and had kids instead and her sister wives never even went, so that’s Maddie’s example right there. 

Maddie and Mykelti both married young, are not motivated to achieve and they are both drifters. If you really want to better yourself and achieve a career, than you’ll do what it takes to get there which takes work, focus and sacrifice. They both had the opportunity and financial means to attend college, but lacked the drive (and possibly intelligence) to continue.

Maddie was married and pregnant in her teens and that’s perfectly ok if you don’t have ambition for yourself, but if you do obviously it’s best to delay a family. While it’s not impossible for her to go back to college later and carve a career for herself, it’s unlikely logistically and statistically that she will.

Mykelti as well married as a teen and just gave up because ‘college is hard’ (direct quote). Then she ‘quite her job’ (another quote), to be involved in multiple pyramid schemes which are certainly not a viable source of income for your average person in MLM, however she’s lucky enough to have the backing of her fan base to reach far and wide to scam into her downline and buy her rags. I guess we can be grateful as Tony presumingly has the smarts to delay breeding until they are financially stable/ finished living their selfish youth. 

Luck, grifting from the government, relying on another’s wage as a SAHM and entering scammy businesses is the Brown financial plan, so I‘ll definitely respect any of these kids that do manage to graduate and enter genuine careers to further themselves as people, without TLC or relying on fans to help - go Logan!

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Love 24

@Sofa Sloth, that is an excellent analysis. With the role models those girls had, is it a wonder that they made the choices they did? Janelle isn't exactly burning with ambition, and neither are the rest of the adults. I've never had the sense that any of them appreciate education or having a career (traditional or not). All seems to be allergic to hard work (except maybe Meri, but only if that work involves sycophantic fans). It's awesome that Logan and Mariah have gone on to graduate degrees and seem to want to do something different with their lives than their parents. 

• Love 8
12 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

@Sofa Sloth, that is an excellent analysis. With the role models those girls had, is it a wonder that they made the choices they did? Janelle isn't exactly burning with ambition, and neither are the rest of the adults. I've never had the sense that any of them appreciate education or having a career (traditional or not). All seems to be allergic to hard work (except maybe Meri, but only if that work involves sycophantic fans). It's awesome that Logan and Mariah have gone on to graduate degrees and seem to want to do something different with their lives than their parents. 

With Logan, I believe this...Mariah, not so much. She is a poseur/fake and I don't believe for a minute she will have a social work practice.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

With Logan, I believe this...Mariah, not so much. She is a poseur/fake and I don't believe for a minute she will have a social work practice.

But maybe she will have a job relating to social work. Social work did not start out as anything clinical - none of my jobs were clinical.  If she gets her degree and if she gets licensed she can have a variety of jobs in the field - and not clinical with a practice.   PS I still think she is a Twit and the future is unclear as far as her career. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6

"Mariah" and "job" are mutually exclusive.  She's a master at milking her Z-list celebrity status for a buck.  At some point she'll need to get a paying job but until then there's no way she'll deign to lower herself to the working status of the unenlightened.

• Love 12
On 2/9/2020 at 6:28 AM, TurtlePower said:

Just so you know, many women want marriage and motherhood. Some women aren't interested in a career outside the home. Shouldn't that be acknowledged as valid?

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Just so you know, many women want marriage and motherhood. Some women aren't interested in a career outside the home. Shouldn't that be acknowledged as valid?

Hear, hear!  There was NOTHING I wanted as much as children.  And I enjoyed the hell out of them.  The marriage part, not so much as it turns out.

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Never meant to imply it shouldn't be valid, rather that this culture tends not to give them the choice. I've seen how the girls are regarded in Kody's eyes and the regard is not as high as the men.

I can't imagine what it's like in other families not on camera. That's what's "grim". 

• Love 16
On 2/9/2020 at 3:28 AM, TurtlePower said:

Yeah, I mean, you saw it in the Christmas episode. The girls make breakfast and the boys sit around bloviating like Kody. I do think their exposure to TV and the world outside the Kody Kompound is opening up their eyes, and their parents have been around enough to know that objecting to their goals is bad form. I don't have the highest hopes for these kids, but a few of them might make it out.

• Love 13
On 2/9/2020 at 6:14 PM, Sofa Sloth said:

Maddie and Mykelti both married young, are not motivated to achieve and they are both drifters. If you really want to better yourself and achieve a career, than you’ll do what it takes to get there which takes work, focus and sacrifice. They both had the opportunity and financial means to attend college, but lacked the drive (and possibly intelligence) to continue.

Maddie was married and pregnant in her teens and that’s perfectly ok if you don’t have ambition for yourself, but if you do obviously it’s best to delay a family. While it’s not impossible for her to go back to college later and carve a career for herself, it’s unlikely logistically and statistically that she will.

Mykelti as well married as a teen and just gave up because ‘college is hard’

Not exactly accurate on both counts.  Maddie was 20 when she got married and had Axel in 2017 before she turned 22.  

Mykelti was born June 9, 1996 and was married in Dec of 2016. Neither were married in their teens, let alone gave birth.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, crimson23 said:

Not exactly accurate on both counts.  Maddie was 20 when she got married and had Axel in 2017 before she turned 22.  

Mykelti was born June 9, 1996 and was married in Dec of 2016. Neither were married in their teens, let alone gave birth.

Ok just out of teens. My apologies. I had thought both were engaged at 19 as it was referenced on an engagement announcement episode by Janelle that Maddie was a ‘more mature 19’ than Mykankles.  So both married in 2016 at 20. Maddie married in June and her pregnancy with Axel was announced in November 2016 (when also turned 21). Mykelti turned 20 June of 2016 and married in December. 

Either way they were both very young to be married anyway by today’s standards and both gave up a bit of the freedom of their youth and education, which was the point I was making. 

There’s nothing wrong with being a young mum or having a goal to be married with children. Personally I see the value in making your career and education a priority though too. For me it was important to have the financial ability to support my children adequately, should my spouse suddenly not be in the picture...Divorce and death happens. A man is not a financial plan. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Either way they were both very young to be married anyway by today’s standards and both gave up a bit of the freedom of their youth and education, which was the point I was making. 

I think they all married so young because for the first time in their lives, they knew what it felt like to have a man's undivided attention, something they never got growing up, not to mention watching their mothers have to fight for scraps of Kody's attention.  I also think Maddie wanted to be the first bride of her sisters, Mykelti wanted to shock her parents and Aspyn was simply tired of being mom to her younger siblings.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I think they all married so young because for the first time in their lives, they knew what it felt like to have a man's undivided attention, something they never got growing up, not to mention watching their mothers have to fight for scraps of Kody's attention.  I also think Maddie wanted to be the first bride of her sisters, Mykelti wanted to shock her parents and Aspyn was simply tired of being mom to her younger siblings.

I tend to think it had as much to do with their culture as anything else.  I was engaged at 20 and married at 21, but back in the 1970s that was not unusual.  What is unusual is that the spawn of Kodouche want to be independent and achieve adult milestones so early in life compared to most others of their generation these days, as a lot of young people stay at home for prolonged periods and delay marriage or never get married at all let alone have kids.  I tend to think their sheltered culture and religion is playing a role in their more "old fashioned" values to get married and have kids young.  And hey, if that works for them, more power to them.  Being a COL, I actually appreciate their values more than some of the snowflakes out there (which of course Mariah is one but she's in her own category on that).

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Don’t whole wheat tortillas have over 100 calories in each? I would have indulged in one slice of pizza ( preferably thin crust) and made a large green salad to go with it. 

Many people make dieting SO much harder and worse than it has to be! You don't have to eat tasteless diet crap to lose weight!  Use common sense - but of course if that is lacking....

• LOL 5
  • Love 15
18 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Many people make dieting SO much harder and worse than it has to be! You don't have to eat tasteless diet crap to lose weight!  Use common sense - but of course if that is lacking....

The Brown Fambly Motto:  common sense isn't common.  

I want to see that on one of Meri's walls she puts up.  

Janelle's fake ass "pizza?"  Ugh!  Tasteless diet crap is right.  As I learned in Weight Watchers, one can eat any food.  Portion control is what she needs to learn.  She's over 50, and it's high time.

• Love 18
5 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I'd like to know what her "killer workouts" consisted of............

REACCCCHHHHH for the remote... lay back.  Sit back up and REEAAACCCHHH for the Fritos... lay back.  Sit back up and REEEAAACCCHHH for the glass of soda.  Lay back.  Belch.  Belch again, but this time with meaning.  Watch some TV.  Sit up a little and REACH out to pick at the toes.  Lay back.  Repeat.

• LOL 19
5 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I'd like to know what her "killer workouts" consisted of............

Well, there was that one time her nether regions took a beating when she hopped on the exercise bike for 7 minutes while Kody and Gabe talked in another room.....

That sentence is really gross but it's basically paraphrasing what she told us, so....

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
On 2/8/2020 at 6:13 PM, deirdra said:

Or shots of her stepfather staring at her cooter again, videoing her giving birth.

I admit, I have never given birth so take my comment for what it is worth.  I am not a fan of watching a birth up close and personal (or any medical procedure of any kind).  For me, the kicker from her second birth vid was her water breaking and the sprinkler effect.  Gotta be honest, I didn't realize it can shoot outta there like that.  Not here for that.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Well, there was that one time her nether regions took a beating when she hopped on the exercise bike for 7 minutes while Kody and Gabe talked in another room.....

That sentence is really gross but it's basically paraphrasing what she told us, so....

First time in, wait, how old is Savannah?  15 years??

• LOL 9

Janelle drives me nuts with her sluggish personality...

Those pizzas look disgusting... she's always so uninspired and lazy... rather than take a few minutes to make something appetizing she just makes a sloppy mess and sticks it in her pie hole.

Most of us know how to make a light version of pizza without it looking like puke on a pancake... heck when my kids were 9 or 10 they knew how to make healthier versions of pizza that looked and tasted great... it's like Janelle has been living under a rock for the last 40 yrs.

Next thing she'll take her old leather flipflops, smear on some tomato paste, harvest some cheese from her stinky feet, throw it in the oven and watch it bubble...  🤮

Janelle reminds me of a tortoise... I wonder if Kody does a safety check every other day to make sure she isn't on her back and unable to right herself.

Can-Upside-Down-Tortoises-Turn-Over.jpg

• LOL 15
  • Love 1

And our sea tortoise Janelle ate three of those, when she could have had a slice or two of real thin crust pizza, a salad sans globs of ranch dressing, and come out ahead.

Janelle, if you have any sycophantic followers after that post, it would be sad and shocking.  Please go back to work in some stuffy office, where you can do what you do, and don't fill the need to post bullshit.  PLEASE!

• LOL 2
  • Love 11