Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Does she even know what to do with half of that haul? Should we take bets on what she will eat and what will end up in her compost bin? This woman drives me batty with her inconsistency. 

• Love 7

In other words, she did just open up a can or a package, like many on here guessed. Not that there is anything wrong with that, I often do it myself. But, she should be honest and say that is what she did instead of talking around the subject and insinuating that she made it herself.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13

I doubt the CSA gives her bushels and bushels of collard greens every week.  They were probably accumulating because she wasn't using them and instead eating her usual grab-and-go junk food.  Why bother with a CSA if you are going to throw everything in a compost bin because you were too "busy" to prepare & eat your local vegetables.  You do actually need to eat them to get the health benefits.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

I didn’t assume that the pictures or instructions were actually hers – just that she was saving us the trouble, for once, of googling to find her resources.

ETA - Not that I do, but since we comment on it I’m taking it as another sign that she reads here. 

Edited by Broken Ox
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Broken Ox said:

I didn’t assume that the pictures or instructions were actually hers – just that she was saving us the trouble, for once, of googling to find her resources.

ETA - Not that I do, but since we comment on it I’m taking it as another sign that she reads here. 

The thing that gave it away is her same old chipped cracked plate... I'd recognize that moose design anywhere. 😉

Edited by Joan of Argh
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
On 1/23/2020 at 6:45 AM, DakotaJustice said:

For me, pinto bean soup with a ham hock (better still a honey baked ham bone with lots of meat still on it) and cornbread. Yum!!!

I am not a fan of pinto beans, but I really like my Camellia brand red beans served with rice and andouille or conecuh sausage (or even those Lil smokies by Hillshire).   I found a great crockpot recipe for ratatouille which makes 3-4 meals for us served with those nice imported French baguettes.   Yum!!!!!!    It takes nearly an hour for me to cut up all the veggies for the ratatouille so maybe Janelle should try that.   

• Useful 5
On 1/29/2020 at 10:21 PM, Joan of Argh said:

The pic 2ND row on the right looks like she's plunging her greens into the toilet (pun intended)😏

Those wraps are so unappealing...  no thanks 

I quit doing wraps with collards. No matter what method I used, I never had one that didn’t fall apart on me. When you work in the field, you want something convenient and it wasn’t. I now sauté them or put them in a salad (and ieat Kind bars and apples in the field). 

• Useful 5
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

I quit doing wraps with collards. No matter what method I used, I never had one that didn’t fall apart on me. When you work in the field, you want something convenient and it wasn’t. I now sauté them or put them in a salad (and ieat Kind bars and apples in the field). 

I like Kind bars.

• Love 5

I would sincerely love to know exactly what work she does that would require this space. And her kids are in school all day, what are these distractions you speak of?

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Kbo said:

I would sincerely love to know exactly what work she does that would require this space. And her kids are in school all day, what are these distractions you speak of?

Could someone who's on Twitter please ask her this? I can pay you in molasses and collard green leaves.

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, Kbo said:

I would sincerely love to know exactly what work she does that would require this space.

Searching for game changing rock stars online requires a certain ambiance plus proximity to a pricey coffee shop.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Janelle's ass kisser fans are so ridiculous...

One suggested that they should work the Coyote Pass property and put in a large veggie garden with fruit trees all around the "pond" and that way they'd be able to spend lots of time together as a family... Janelle agreed that it was a fabulous idea so then they all jumped on-board saying what a great idea and how awesome it would be and how wonderful for the family because they're such an inspiration as a family. 🙄

Ummmmmm we're talking about the Brown's... A HUGE garden is a lot of work and the Brown's are lazy as shit... Are these idiot fans watching the same show we're all watching?

Also someone asked Janelle what it is she does for work in her office space next to the coffee shop and so far.... *CRICKETS*  

• LOL 14
  • Love 4

Oh and someone asked why they didn't move to St. George and Janelle said she would NOT have been OK with that and wouldn't want to move there.

I wonder why such a reaction to St. George? 

One person said "you would have moved there if that's where Dayton was going to school" 

Lolol. 😂

Edited by Joan of Argh
Added for clarity
  • LOL 15
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Oh and someone asked why they didn't move to St. George and Janelle said she would NOT have been OK with that and wouldn't want to move there.

I wonder why such a reaction to St. George? 

One person said "you would have moved there if that's where Dayton was going to school" 

Lolol. 😂

I hope Robyn reads that last!  

You're so right about the Browns being lazy as shit.  I had a couple of co-workers that were slugs, and that's one reason I took early retirement.  

Janelle is the LAST one who would actually do any gardening.  She's a fake, but then again, they all are.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

3A9B13BA-749C-4779-AEDC-79C342E3899F.jpeg

FB049F38-D3EC-463C-9A75-2FB3CBA6164D.jpeg

Ugh! Her house is so depressing...

Drab colors, cheap furniture, no natural light and shit everywhere...I'd be tossing a rope over the rafters if I had to wake up to that mess every day.

Edited by Joan of Argh
Spell
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

So, now I'll pose the question (forgive me if this has been talked about before.)

Why did Christine and Robyn get to buy their houses, while Janelle and Meri are flushing $ down the crapper by renting their abodes?

Yeah, OK, Robyn and Kootie are legally bound, but Christine had to have been a VERY good girl to snag a house and hopefully build a little equity.  Remember C & K's trip to Galveston, where they had to take their useless therapist along?  

Which brings to mind the graduate students studying these plygs, and their questions.  Who's the sex wife?  

That's a rhetorical question, I rilly don't want an answer!  LOL

• Love 5
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Who's the sex wife?  

Out of morbid curiosity: is this a real thing?  If so, what is it?  I think it's probably just snark, but honestly nothing surprises me anymore. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 1/29/2020 at 11:21 PM, Joan of Argh said:

The pic 2ND row on the right looks like she's plunging her greens into the toilet (pun intended)😏

Those wraps are so unappealing...  no thanks 

Again with the digestion. Someone should pop on and tell her to take probiotics. 

• Love 6

Christine claimed she had to buy because nobody would rent to her with a cat.  Yet Janelle and one dog, now two, and has found two landlords who would rent to her.  Or was it Christine's low credit score that made nobody want to rent to her (except fambly)?

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, eskimo said:

Out of morbid curiosity: is this a real thing?  If so, what is it?  I think it's probably just snark, but honestly nothing surprises me anymore. 

One of the students on an earlier episode wanted to know this.  Of course, the Browns wouldn't specify which one it was.  They have their "modesty standards," don'tcha know!/s

• LOL 4
10 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Robyn -during the week at Noon when she wakes up and isn’t buying extra long jeans

Christine- on the weekends unless she’s eating nachos

Janelle- on her birthday and tax time (it’s cheaper than paying H&R Block)

Meri- Not since he found out catfish wasn’t his dinner and the bananas weren’t for his cereal

Love that last one, especially!  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

From the Robyn thread...

2 HOURS AGO, GINGER90 SAID:

This picture was in an article in June 2019, taken at Disneyland:

image.png.bac6a72237be56b5141efdc078ea569b.png

Look at the gut, ass, belly, flab, FAT, blubber, pork, balloon body on Janelle. 😲

How does this woman have the nerve to put herself out there as a health coach?

She's bigger than ever and looking more droopy than usual... No way is she in the rotation with that body.

I can't imagine how uncomfortable she must have been walking the park in the Anaheim summer heat.  It's time to stop her nebulous "striving" and actually take concrete steps to achieve better health.  What the heck else does she have to do all day?

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

image.png.bac6a72237be56b5141efdc078ea569b.png

:::::Ding Dong!:::::  Janelle - it's for you!  It's "The Biggest Loser" - time to shift shows!  She's EGGZACKTLY like all of the Biggest loser contestants who never exercise, never SERIOUSLY watch their diets.. and keep gaining and gaining the weight.  JUST.DO.IT.  Instead of posting all of the time - READ what works for others and implement it.  GO TO THE GYM every day and work out - and trust me, you can find cheap gym memberships.  We have these "Chuze" gyms everywhere and membership is something like $9.99 a month.  (I have a plan that is a step up for something like $20.05 or thereabouts.  Still - CHEAP!)  Or freaking walk around the neighborhood until you are able to JOG around the neighborhood until you can RUN around the neighborhood - it's FREE!  I've never seen a contestant who didn't make minimal effort NOT lose weight on Biggest Loser, even when they claimed it was genetics and "impossible" for them to lose weight.  And it's not difficult to eat healthier - it's just MUCH more fun to eat crap.    I should know - I love crap.  But it should be a treat, not the norm!

• Love 8
On 2/1/2020 at 12:52 PM, Kbo said:

This is a legitimate question but besides the show do any of them have actual jobs?  I’m even willing to count Meri and Christine shilling their lulu crap.  What do the rest of them do all day?  I think Strive would take about 15-20 mins a day.  So what do Kody, Janelle and Robyn do or all they really making a decent amount with this show.  I was watching the first season and Janelle car window is taped up to keep it from falling down, also Christine is exclaiming how she can’t wait for all of them to be in the same house.  Janelle talks about liking a 9-5 job, I know she worked for the state in Utah, did she quit because they left or she got fired?

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Janelle talks about liking a 9-5 job, I know she worked for the state in Utah, did she quit because they left or she got fired?

Kootie made them flee "persecution" and drive off in the night to Nevada.  I hope her last paycheque got docked for not giving proper notice.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I hope her last paycheque got docked for not giving proper notice.

Civil service jobs like Janelle had (for the state) can't do that.  You get paid for the time your worked and she would even get paid for any annual leave time she had on the books. 

• Love 2

Would Janelle have had to sneak back into Utah to fill out forms pertaining to her pension etc. or can that all be done remotely?  I wonder if she took a lump sum. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, toodles said:

Many thanks.  I guess I missed it.

Me, too. I can't believe it wasn't plastered all over their SM accounts. How did they afford it?  As far as we can tell, they have no insurance.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Kohola3 said:

Me, too. I can't believe it wasn't plastered all over their SM accounts. How did they afford it?  As far as we can tell, they have no insurance.

Weren't there liens on Robyn's house for Dayton's eye surgery and I also wonder how they covered Truely's week long hospital stay and dialysis. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

This is a legitimate question but besides the show do any of them have actual jobs?  I’m even willing to count Meri and Christine shilling their lulu crap.  What do the rest of them do all day?  I think Strive would take about 15-20 mins a day.  So what do Kody, Janelle and Robyn do or all they really making a decent amount with this show.  I was watching the first season and Janelle car window is taped up to keep it from falling down, also Christine is exclaiming how she can’t wait for all of them to be in the same house.  Janelle talks about liking a 9-5 job, I know she worked for the state in Utah, did she quit because they left or she got fired?

My guess was the adults knew they were moving before they told the kids.  I know Janelle was not happy about it, so maybe she put in her notice.  Then again someone mentioned the fact that she worked in the Food Stamp department and might have ok'd Christine's application for  food stamps.  But I doubt that as it is handled at the local county level and Janelle worked in a different county.

Personally I think both moves were to benefit Robyn, the first to be closer to her parents and the second to be closer to Dayton.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5