Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I seem to recall that she was a hard worker for many years or perhaps she just fudged that too and just looked busy when she really wasn't.

She worked for the state of Utah in the welfare department, processing  food stamp applications. It was probably a job with very well defined tasks and probably very repetitive. She had set work hours. That would be the perfect job for her. She didn't have to be responsible for innovation or creative ideas. Now, she is trying to be a self-starter (both real estate and Strive) and she just doesn't have the skill-set to do any of that. Janelle would be happiest sitting in a big camp chair next to a stream fishing, big bag of fried food next to her. 24/7.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Galloway Cave said:

She worked for the state of Utah in the welfare department, processing  food stamp applications. It was probably a job with very well defined tasks and probably very repetitive. She had set work hours. That would be the perfect job for her. She didn't have to be responsible for innovation or creative ideas. Now, she is trying to be a self-starter (both real estate and Strive) and she just doesn't have the skill-set to do any of that. Janelle would be happiest sitting in a big camp chair next to a stream fishing, big bag of fried food next to her. 24/7.

I knew she had worked for Utah but I didn't know she worked on food stamps! 

That's what she did with her university of Phoenix accounting degree? 

And you're right about that being up her alley. I know she didn't quit her job until just before the Vegas move. 

I sometimes wonder if she's telecommuting/working remotely for a large employer.

20 minutes ago, deirdra said:

And it was probably a back-room desk job that didn't involve meeting with applicants or moving from her chair, just working up the numbers according to set formulae.

While drinking lots of free office coffee...

• Love 5

Part of the problem is that she posts as if a hot bath is a novel concept. If she had started out acknowledging it’s funny she is recommending a bath, and then moved from there about when the best times to take baths are and about the bath add ins (and elaborated on them) she could have had a decent post. A bath is accessible for most people, and you can buy Epsom salts at the grocery, as opposed to joining a gym and buying 100 pounds of tea off of Amazon. Swing and a miss, per usual!

• Love 9
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Ready?

F5CCD079-4182-4ED4-91EC-242C63E1CD16.jpeg

78331CC3-C2AC-421B-A26A-EB980DDAE9F9.jpeg

120CDBC8-778F-4EBC-9EC2-26C39066314B.jpeg

CA6B4B7F-B32A-460E-81A9-BCFB9FC22074.jpeg

Um...

"Some recent articles are claiming that they can be as good as exercise for you.  I can't find any real solid science to back up the exercise claim, but it turns out there are some really great benefits just the same."

Okay. Okay. So. "Real Solid Science" somehow implies that there is actual real wishy washy science out there? Meaning that people who don't know what they are talking about are spreading around that a hot bath is somehow just as good as exercise.  So if there isn't any of that real science backing this up...hey...lets just put it in print (cause she's an expert now) that it is somehow sorta kinda maybe somehow true?

Fill up the tub to your neck and pour yourself a kale, turmeric, coconut milk, chia, peppermint, ginger, double espresso smoothie latte and say cheers to the world..."I'm healthy now!!"

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

I can’t. I can’t anymore with this idiot. She is a special kind of stupid, one that doesn’t fully grasp how stupid she is. 

Useless dolt. 

She's really giving ayurvedic whatever a bad name.  Do these practitioners always state the obvious?? 

And I bet "working with" = "I follow them on social media". 🤔😂

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Fill up the tub to your neck and pour yourself a kale, turmeric, coconut milk, chia, peppermint, ginger, double espresso smoothie latte and say cheers to the world..."I'm healthy now!!"

And Janelle, dear, since you appear to be unfamiliar with hot baths, don't fill up the tub and then get in as the physical principle of volume displacement will flood the bathroom.  Start filling the tub, get in, then turn off the taps when the water level reaches your neck.

I like to soak in a hot bath & Epsom salts, particularly after an all-day hike in the mountains, but I prefer combo bath/showers so that I can simply stand up and rinse off the bath scum without having to slip/slide across the bathroom to a separate shower.

• Love 1

Janelle, If you want a bath that will substitute for exercise, fill your tub with ice cubes and a bit of cold water, making a slushie.  Your body will burn more calories trying to keep your body temp at 98.6F than it will to cool yourself down from a hot bath.  But baths will not tone your muscles.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Looks to me like Meri has a bit of a smirk.  On second glance, maybe not.

I hate Robyn's and Meri's shoes.  Janelle's boots look brown, while her dress looks black.  I hate the combo.

Christine looks absolutely skinny compared to Janelle.  

• Love 5
1 minute ago, xwordfanatik said:

And Robun looks thin compared to Meri.  Kootie has a positively challenging glare.  Overall a really awful picture.  Who picks that kind of thing to post?  Even if I didn't know anything about this group of fools I wouldn't want to watch it based on this picture.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

Janelle, If you want a bath that will substitute for exercise, fill your tub with ice cubes and a bit of cold water, making a slushie.  Your body will burn more calories trying to keep your body temp at 98.6F than it will to cool yourself down from a hot bath.  But baths will not tone your muscles.

But what about her digestion??

• LOL 5
21 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I hate Robyn's and Meri's shoes.  Janelle's boots look brown, while her dress looks black.  I hate the combo.

I think Meri may be trying to smile or stifling a laugh, but at any rate it looks better than Janelle's frowny face which is pretty disturbing.  I think her dress is navy, not black.

Christine is the only decent looking one there; too bad she isn't smiling a little. 

I hope I don't have nightmares after looking at that.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Hate the shoes too! Christine looks great though. Especially Robyn’s!

• Love 4

Meri looks like she’s wearing a vinyl tablecloth version of that terrible LLR jacket they’ve all been hawking lately.  Christine’s jacket looks like LLR, too-hate the lighter cuff on the sleeve. Surprisingly, I think Janelles dress is flattering on her.  The boots bring the outfit down, with different footwear she’d look much better. 

I’m so ready for the premiere tomorrow 🙂

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Kbo said:

Meri looks like she’s wearing a vinyl tablecloth version of that terrible LLR jacket they’ve all been hawking lately.  Christine’s jacket looks like LLR, too-hate the lighter cuff on the sleeve. Surprisingly, I think Janelles dress is flattering on her.  The boots bring the outfit down, with different footwear she’d look much better. 

I’m so ready for the premiere tomorrow 🙂

Yup, Meri's worn that thing before.  Janelle's boots don't bother me.  They're certainly better than Robyn's.

• Love 4
On 1/3/2020 at 9:41 PM, Galloway Cave said:

Ah, that explains it.  The way people talked about her at one time you'd think she was a big business head, but I always saw her as much less than that.  In the corporate world we would call her one of the "cube people" - a paper pusher or number cruncher and no more.  That's a relatively low level clerical position and doesn't require much in the way of skill or education, nor does it pay that well.  It's probably more valuable for the benefits than anything else.  She is typical of so many people I knew in positions like that - Very passive, wishy-washy, nothing really interesting about her, nothing above average in any way.  Very lazy, routinized, sitting and eating all day, getting zero exercise, and fading into the woodwork.  

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 10
21 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Ah, that explains it.  The way people talked about her at one time you'd think she was a big business head, but I always saw her as much less than that.  In the corporate world we would call her one of the "cube people" - a paper pusher or number cruncher and no more.  That's a relatively low level clerical position and doesn't require much in the way of skill or education, nor does it pay that well.  It's probably more valuable for the benefits than anything else.  She is typical of so many people I knew in positions like that - Very passive, wishy-washy, nothing really interesting about her, nothing above average in any way.  Very lazy, routinized, sitting and eating all day, getting zero exercise, and fading into the woodwork.  

Yeah, but consider the others in her fambly, morons! She had some rudimentary knowledge of numbers and such so became their "tax expert" and then became the  fambly executor of monies.  Yeah, we were fooled that she was the smart one...don't think there is a "smart one" in the bunch!

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Gramto6 said:

Yeah, but consider the others in her fambly, morons! She had some rudimentary knowledge of numbers and such so became their "tax expert" and then became the  fambly executor of monies.  Yeah, we were fooled that she was the smart one...don't think there is a "smart one" in the bunch!

LOL, I know, and compared to the rest of them she looked like a rocket scientist!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

And Robun looks thin compared to Meri.  Kootie has a positively challenging glare.  Overall a really awful picture.  Who picks that kind of thing to post?  Even if I didn't know anything about this group of fools I wouldn't want to watch it based on this picture.

She is thinner than Meri, but I do think she has a bit of middle age spread--especially after 5 kids, but she is smart enough to wear vertical stripes and wear her shirt untucked.

Janelle might look better if she did a 1/4 turn instead of facing the camera like she is ready for a gun fight at the OK corral.

12 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Who picks that kind of thing to post?  Even if I didn't know anything about this group of fools I wouldn't want to watch it based on this picture.

This is the same picture TLC used last night to advertise the return of the show.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Robyn looks thinner because she has done nearly a 1/2 turn whereas Meri only did a 1/4 turn. Christine looks thinnest and prettiest now.

If Mari turned towards Robyn just a bit more, they would be all up in each other’s grill. Their boobs are touching as it is .

None of them look happy but Janelle looks like she is ready to throw down .

Edited by TipseyGirl
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, TipseyGirl said:

If Mari turned towards Robyn just a bit more, they would be all up in each other’s grill. Their boobs are touching as it is .

None of them look happy but Janelle looks like she is ready to throw down .

Janelle looks as if there invisible fishing weights attached to the corners of her mouth. What a frowny frown.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Twopper said:

Janelle might look better if she did a 1/4 turn instead of facing the camera like she is ready for a gun fight at the OK corral.

Twopper you are killing me!  🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Twopper said:

Too funny!  😂 

I was thinking sumo wrestler but yours is so much better.  Lol

• Love 5
23 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

I'm suddenly reminded of the wicked witch, the scarecrow, the cowardly lion, Dorothy, and the tin can, er, man.

OMG!  The first three are RIGHT ON THE MARK, aren’t they?  Robochin fits in perfectly with the wicked witch (just add a little tint to her skin),  Meri’s over processed hair certainly qualifies her for the scarecrow, and I never realized it until you said it, but Kooty’s curly perm is a dead ringer for the cowardly lion.  That doesn’t even touch his obvious personality trait match!  I vote Christine for Tin Man and I think Janelle would be a credible Wizard of Oz!  So cute . . .   It would be awesome if someone with some artistic photoshop ability could give us a better visual on that, but I can’t claim any such ability 😕

• Love 6
14 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

OMG!  The first three are RIGHT ON THE MARK, aren’t they?  Robochin fits in perfectly with the wicked witch (just add a little tint to her skin),  Meri’s over processed hair certainly qualifies her for the scarecrow, and I never realized it until you said it, but Kooty’s curly perm is a dead ringer for the cowardly lion.  That doesn’t even touch his obvious personality trait match!  I vote Christine for Tin Man and I think Janelle would be a credible Wizard of Oz!  So cute . . .   It would be awesome if someone with some artistic photoshop ability could give us a better visual on that, but I can’t claim any such ability 😕

Kody's perm reminded me of the "Soul Glo" jheri curl TV ad in the Eddie Murphy film Coming to America combined with the lead actor whose name I can't recall from the TV series The Greatest American Hero. 
I think he was attempting Sammy Hagar but sorry, Kody, it takes more than a shitty perm to be anything close to The Red Rocker. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Kody's perm reminded me of the "Soul Glo" jheri curl TV ad in the Eddie Murphy film Coming to America combined with the lead actor whose name I can't recall from the TV series The Greatest American Hero. 
I think he was attempting Sammy Hagar but sorry, Kody, it takes more than a shitty perm to be anything close to The Red Rocker. 

William Katt is the actor. I also thought that and the lead singer of Nickelback came to mind.

Janelle's dress is actually a good choice for her, and I think she didn't do a quarter turn because of her belly profile. She should have put one foot in front of the other, though.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Adiba said:

William Katt is the actor. I also thought that and the lead singer of Nickelback came to mind.

Janelle's dress is actually a good choice for her, and I think she didn't do a quarter turn because of her belly profile. She should have put one foot in front of the other, though.

Kody's hair looks way better with the curls than the Van de Graaff generator look he used to have. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Adiba said:

Chad Kroger. Or something like that. 

• Love 2
On 1/4/2020 at 11:21 PM, Yeah No said:

So Janelle processed food stamp applications?  As in possibly Christine's application?  Maybe I am overthinking this but doesn't it seem bad form to process these WHILE your family is benefiting from them?  Isn't that sort of conflict of interest-y?  I mean they ALL used her pantry.   HMMMM...

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

So Janelle processed food stamp applications?  As in possibly Christine's application?  Maybe I am overthinking this but doesn't it seem bad form to process these WHILE your family is benefiting from them?  Isn't that sort of conflict of interest-y?  I mean they ALL used her pantry.   HMMMM...

No you're not over thinking it... It shouldn't have been allowed if indeed Christine's application came across her desk.

I'm sure they took FULL advantage of that situation...Bunch of grifters.

• Love 10

INGREDIENTS: Oatmilk (Filtered Water, Oat Extract), Sunflower Oil, Vitamin and Mineral Blend (Calcium Carbonate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D2, Riboflavin [B2], Vitamin B12), Malt Extract, Dipotassium Phosphate, Gellan Gum, Sea Salt, Sunflower Lecithin, Locust Bean Gum, Ascorbic Acid (to Protect Freshness).

Oh. Yum.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 5
15 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

INGREDIENTS: Oatmilk (Filtered Water, Oat Extract), Sunflower Oil, Vitamin and Mineral Blend (Calcium Carbonate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D2, Riboflavin [B2], Vitamin B12), Malt Extract, Dipotassium Phosphate, Gellan Gum, Sea Salt, Sunflower Lecithin, Locust Bean Gum, Ascorbic Acid (to Protect Freshness).

Oh. Yum.

yup I'm especially fond of Dipotassium Phosphate... gobble it up by the bucket whenever i get a chance 😉

Dipotassium phosphate (K2HPO4) is a highly water-soluble salt often used as a fertilizer and food additive as a source of phosphorus and potassium as well as a buffering agent.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

yup I'm especially fond of Dipotassium Phosphate... gobble it up by the bucket whenever i get a chance 😉

Dipotassium phosphate (K2HPO4) is a highly water-soluble salt often used as a fertilizer and food additive as a source of phosphorus and potassium as well as a buffering agent.

Sounds delicious... 

I make latte froth with skim milk, Splenda and a $10 battery operated frother from Amazon. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Oh. Yum.

This has always been my issue with plant milk products—everything that has to be done to it to make it edible.

I “get it” and have even tried plant milks when I was religiously plant based but—they aren’t that good. They just aren’t. The texture, the flavor, it just doesn’t work (for me). 

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
33 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

This has always been my issue with plant milk products—everything that has to be done to it to make it edible.

I “get it” and have even tried plant milks when I was religiously plant based but—they aren’t that good. They just aren’t. The texture, the flavor, it just doesn’t work (for me). 

I use almond and cashew milks in my protein shakes (I won't call them smoothies!!) because the calories are lower than skim cow milk. I can't drink em straight, though. I've tried. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Plant milk products are just dirty water.  You can make protein or other shakes with plain water, just use a bit less water to keep it thicker.  I bet you could even froth Prairiedog Plague Plyg Pond water with a $10 battery-operated frother.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 2

Does she want us to think that she went for a walk by the guard rail and telephone poles instead of walking on one of the many trails or sidewalks?  More likely she shot this from a lay-by without even getting out of her SUV.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 1/7/2020 at 4:18 AM, DakotaJustice said:
On 1/6/2020 at 1:58 PM, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

As a very big Sammy Hagar fan, I’m going to try to not even think about any sort of comparison! 

• Love 3