Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

When Janelle moved in she commented that her rental came fully furnished.  So maybe the piano belongs to the owner?

That's how I remember it, so what heavy furniture were the movers moving in Flagstaff - or can't they keep their stories straight?  It did seem to be Meri's blue rental where they were wrestling with the poor piano.  Other than Janelle's Christmas photo, I don't recall ever seeing a piano in any of their houses.

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

When Janelle moved in she commented that her rental came fully furnished.  So maybe the piano belongs to the owner?

That sounds about right. 

Also, the way the stockings are arrayed on the piano, it's clearly apparent no one is playing it, and the holidays are the time of year a piano is gonna be played for sing-along caroling. 

• Love 6
On 1/12/2020 at 12:08 AM, the-grey-lady said:

Oh holy hell, I'm getting an ad for Twinings Daily Wellness tea -- with nutritional rockstars like tumeric and anise to aid digestion.

I am DEAD.

I'll trade you for the ad for jarred Camel hump fat that I am getting!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

“I read a statistic” – no source, of course, so it could have been a headline in a tabloid while standing in a grocery store line.

“I personally think this number is underreported” which we should believe because she is such an authority on everything.

“Food is comforting”.  Shocker.

“One of my most vulnerable times is when I finish a big project……” Doing what?  Writing this drivel?

Blah-dy blah blah blah.  So many words to say absolutely nothing new, innovative, or even vaguely interesting.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7

Oh Geez Janelle... If your life is so unstable that a little shake up of your routine sends you to the fridge to ravage the fried chicken and ice cream, that's called anxiety and you need to deal with it. See a doctor!? Have some blood tests run, something. 🙄

• Love 13
On 1/17/2020 at 5:57 PM, Kohola3 said:

“I read a statistic” – no source, of course, so it could have been a headline in a tabloid while standing in a grocery store line.

“I personally think this number is underreported” which we should believe because she is such an authority on everything.

“Food is comforting”.  Shocker.

“One of my most vulnerable times is when I finish a big project……” Doing what?  Writing this drivel?

Blah-dy blah blah blah.  So many words to say absolutely nothing new, innovative, or even vaguely interesting.

More excuses from Janelle. That’s all it is. She’s always “vulnerable”. She’s always off her “routine”. It’s always SOMETHING with her And has been since she started “strive”. 

The only progress she’s made is with her excuses for failure. It’s like reading a sad journal versus being an attempt at a business. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

56F4EEF9-5E80-4596-BB8A-4E6B74D88CF8.jpeg

7B8FB3B7-11D4-42E1-A321-D4D0EA473837.jpeg

This "scenery" is as enchanting as that photo of the guardrail and power lines from the last time Janelle walked, a few weeks ago.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 12
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, deirdra said:

This "scenery" is as enchanting as that photo of the guardrail and power lines from the last time Janelle walked, a few weeks ago.

Janelle has all the scenery in the world in Flagstaff! Of course she probably never goes out to see any of it. 

• Love 4

Nothing says love when your husband openly states, kissing is always awkward with us, isn't it? And it was just a quick peck on the driveway. There is zero chemistry between Kody and Janelle.

I wonder...all these weekends that Janelle went back to Vegas did she stay at either Robyn or Meri's place or more likely paid to be put up at a hotel.

I wasn't shocked in the slightest Janelle wanted one big house. I think she misses the good old days when Logan had to cook and care for his siblings, and Christine watched all her younger ones. She got to coast by with doing no cooking, cleaning, or child rearing. Forget striving her company should be named Coasting with Janelle.

• LOL 10
  • Love 8
46 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

OF COURSE Janelle would think it's worth a chuckle.  It gives her a "one up" on Christine.... because every time Kody looks at Christine he is reminded of the queso on her nachos.....and probably her chin and lips and cheeks... but that is beside the point.

• LOL 5

The sign reminds me of an incident when Kody was working in one of the driveways, hooking up a trailer as I recall.  Meri pathetically bleated "I wish you would look at me with the same love you do at that tool".

She made a tool of herself with that comment, the woman has zero dignity.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Janelle has all the scenery in the world in Flagstaff! Of course she probably never goes out to see any of it. 

Hey now, I'll bet she can see a mountain or two from the drive-thru at Wendy's.

• LOL 9
19 hours ago, Sandy W said:

The sign reminds me of an incident when Kody was working in one of the driveways, hooking up a trailer as I recall.  Meri pathetically bleated "I wish you would look at me with the same love you do at that tool".

She made a tool of herself with that comment, the woman has zero dignity.

yea...Meri loves to use the cameras to get her little comments out there where she doesn't have to explain herself 🙄

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

B5C04EE9-761F-46CC-9098-8437793A8A53.jpeg

B384B0C3-AD34-4CAD-9272-A3B58654AD29.jpeg

and once again... no recipe.. go find it yourself... and a nice big chip in her bowl.

Does Janelle own any dishes that aren't cracked or chipped?

Christine and Janelle are so hard on things and don't take care of anything.

• Love 6
43 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

and once again... no recipe.. go find it yourself... and a nice big chip in her bowl.

Does Janelle own any dishes that aren't cracked or chipped?

Christine and Janelle are so hard on things and don't take care of anything.

I'm pretty convinced that Janell's "recipe" is

Carrot Ginger Soup.jpg

• Useful 2
  • LOL 12
  • Love 5

Except for the chipped bowl (which actually looked a little dirty around the rim) this was actually a decent picture of something that looked appetizing!  This is far better than the discolored, swimming in fat, sludge she usually posts.

Edited by DaphneCat
Technology
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
55 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Fat: 5 g

Carbs: 19 g

Fiber: 3 g

Protein: 1 g

NOT "DINNER" with only a 1g of protein and 19 times the carbs.

I can't imagine having a big bowl of carrot ginger soup for dinner... Blech!

I often make hearty soups like "Wintertime Beef" in the colder months and we'll have them for dinner with a crusty bun or garlic bread... But they are more like a stew with lots of meat and veggies.... Not a bowl of muck.. To each their own but that wouldn't work for me. 😦

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I often make hearty soups like "Wintertime Beef" in the colder months and we'll have them for dinner with a crusty bun or garlic bread... But they are more like a stew with lots of meat and veggies.... Not a bowl of muck.. To each their own but that wouldn't work for me. 😦

This would absolutely work for me.  Some of what she makes doesn't actually sound so bad in theory, it's just that the pictures she usually posts look like something you could barely convince a starving goat to eat.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

For me, pinto bean soup with a ham hock (better still a honey baked ham bone with lots of meat still on it) and cornbread. Yum!!!

• Love 8
9 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

This would absolutely work for me.  Some of what she makes doesn't actually sound so bad in theory, it's just that the pictures she usually posts look like something you could barely convince a starving goat to eat.

Me too. I make a pretty mean butternut squash soup (from scratch, JENELLE), and depending on what I've got laying around, usually add sweet potatoes and carrots. I make huge pots in early fall and freeze it for use throughout the winter, and it's so comforting. We moved into a new house in January and the heat wasn't working, and that soup kept us pretty comforted in the evenings. Sure, it's carb-heavy, but most vegetables and fruits are, and I'm normal-healthy, so healthy carbs aren't gonna hurt me. All this humble-bragging is meant to say that this is the only thing Jenelle has posted that actually looked appetizing, although I'm sure hers came from a package and is full of extra sugar.

• Love 8
Just now, monagatuna said:

Me too. I make a pretty mean butternut squash soup (from scratch, JENELLE), and depending on what I've got laying around, usually add sweet potatoes and carrots. I make huge pots in early fall and freeze it for use throughout the winter, and it's so comforting. We moved into a new house in January and the heat wasn't working, and that soup kept us pretty comforted in the evenings. Sure, it's carb-heavy, but most vegetables and fruits are, and I'm normal-healthy, so healthy carbs aren't gonna hurt me. All this humble-bragging is meant to say that this is the only thing Jenelle has posted that actually looked appetizing, although I'm sure hers came from a package and is full of extra sugar.

I'm coming over and I'll bring my Fiesta Ware gusto bowls!!

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Heck no! I love my Fiesta and those bowls are the strongest I've ever had. Even dropped one once on my wood floor and no damage. 

https://fiestafactorydirect.com/products/gusto-bowl-723?variant=35913693131

We love our Fiesta for daily use, we use the gusto bowls even for breakfast cereal and the medium size platters are great plates when we have steak or even chops.  Every few years we make a sojourn to the factory in Newell and sort through the 2nds, amazing savings there. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

We love our Fiesta for daily use, we use the gusto bowls even for breakfast cereal and the medium size platters are great plates when we have steak or even chops.  Every few years we make a sojourn to the factory in Newell and sort through the 2nds, amazing savings there. 

I'M JEALOUS even though I would have to file bankruptcy after visiting there! I've been eyeballing the cat food dishes...

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I'M JEALOUS even though I would have to file bankruptcy after visiting there! I've been eyeballing the cat food dishes...

It's hit and miss there at Newell factory outlet, no predictions as to what will be available in the 2nds shop, depends on what lines they are running that week.  They do have a regular retail in the front but I find that even their first quality items can have minor imperfections, so sorting through piles of 2nds is worth it to me.

• Love 2

Janelle SHOULD be making bone broth soups, not high glycemic, sweet soup. Her sweet cravings are because her giant belly needs fed. When will Janelle accidentally learn about intermittent fasting, low carb, paleo, or keto dieting? 🥴

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
Just now, Juliegirlj said:

Janelle SHOULD be making bone broth soups, not high glycemic, sweet soup. Her sweet cravings are because her giant belly needs fed. When will Janelle accidentally learn about intermittent fasting, low carb, paleo, or keto dieting? 🥴

Oh, in about 5 years, and then she will post endlessly about the "new" way of eating she read about on the internet.

• LOL 12
3 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

I think that Janelle has tossed in the towel and decided that she can't do anything substantial about her weight, she accepts it and figures as long as she is putting game changing rock star internet ayurvedic approved herbs, spices and super foods into her mouth... then she's good to go.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Roslyn said:

I think that Janelle has tossed in the towel and decided that she can't do anything substantial about her weight, she accepts it and figures as long as she is putting game changing rock star internet ayurvedic approved herbs, spices and super foods into her mouth... then she's good to go.

How much of that peppermint tea do you think she still has in her pantry???

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

CSA's work by the customers paying for a whole years "subscription box" before the season begins.  It's a pre payment system giving small farms the needed cash to buy supplies, plants, seeds etc when they need it most.  Then each week what is available is divided into the boxes and picked up or delivered.  So one week you may get an over flowing box (height of the season) and another week you may only get a few things.  Since you are eating locally grown the season changes and so does the harvest.  Kind of like when you have your own garden and only get a few peas and greens in the early spring but by August the squash and tomatoes are coming out of your ears.

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

CSA's work by the customers paying for a whole years "subscription box" before the season begins.  It's a pre payment system giving small farms the needed cash to buy supplies, plants, seeds etc when they need it most.  Then each week what is available is divided into the boxes and picked up or delivered.  So one week you may get an over flowing box (height of the season) and another week you may only get a few things.  Since you are eating locally grown the season changes and so does the harvest.  Kind of like when you have your own garden and only get a few peas and greens in the early spring but by August the squash and tomatoes are coming out of your ears.

A worthy cause and I can see the point to it. Takes the stress off the farmer at sowing time and for a busy person, it may be an advantage to have farm fresh vegetables delivered.

In Janelle's case, she may be better off going to the supermarket, she's there anyhow for standard groceries and cleaning products.  If she chooses her own vegetables, she could avoid the high carb. beets, sweet potatoes and an overload of corn when in season.  Maybe she just feeds Savanah and Gabe the high carb items and avoids them for herself.

• Love 5
On 1/17/2020 at 2:45 PM, ginger90 said:

9CA315D8-F80D-4EC6-9F2C-E21F76CE9E28.jpeg

11D96722-9246-4004-B6C0-AD23E541780F.jpeg

FD20A3EB-7F3E-4AE0-8316-B1A05C36BD14.jpeg

Her most vulnerable times are finishing a big project, being surprised, getting up in the morning, when her ghee isn't rightthere for her coffee, when she has to poop (you know how those bowels of hers are!), when her fritos are stale, you know, things that throw you for a real loop!

• LOL 12