Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, CocoPuffs said:

Kody is most likely with Robyn watching “their” children open presents and oohing and aahing in wonder. He has probably done Christmas morning with them for years (since Mariah grew up), so Truely has likely never had her father there when she awakes all excited and giddy. And the worst part is I’m sure True is taught that it’s okay that he’s with the other kids and not her.

I do believe this is one of the reasons Christine overcompensates and tries to be the “fun” mom with no structure or boundaries. “Her” kids tend to say and do whatever they want. No filters with that bunch, which is not always cute and certainly won’t  work in the real world.

Poor Savannah. Maybe her brothers oohed and aahed with her. We know Janelle didn’t. And I’d guess Maddie wasn’t the type either, at least back then.

I agree that Christine overcompensates for the lack of Kootie in her kids' life.  She reminds me of Regina's mother in Mean Girls.  

Savanah and Truely are the forgotten girls.  Janelle just does the minimum, I'm sure.  

• Love 5
21 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Well I don't think Logan and Michelle came so it was probably enough for the people who were, including Kody.

The numbers don't add no matter how you look at it.  If we exclude Logan and Maddie and assume her 2 boys in the military will be home, add one for Savannah, one for Gabe, one for Kody and one for herself, that makes 6.  If she is expecting Maddie and family to make the trip to Flagstaff, surely there would be one for Caleb and 2 for the grandkids.

I think she had 7 stockings kicking around from the days she had all 6 kids and home and Kody found time to swing by and collect his loot but didn't hang one for herself  OR, maybe the 7th stocking is for herself and she had no expectation of a visit from Kody.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, lindalouwho said:

I remember an episode where Kody found the stockings at Janelle’s house and was all hacked off that Michelle had a stocking and he didn’t. Janelle was all giggly about it. Her six plus Michelle would be seven stockings.

Michelle is a full common-law daughter-in-law and Kody is 1/4 of a celestial husband, so it makes sense to me.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Savanah and Truely are the forgotten girls.  Janelle just does the minimum, I'm sure.

If all of them, I feel worst for Savanah, stuck in that depressing house with Janelle.  Gabe now in college, so probably rarely home. Christine, despite her poor judgment regarding certain things, is at least lively -- and Ysabel and Gwen are still at home, with frequent visits from Mykelti, with whom Truely seems close.  Truely has a lot of fun going on at home - it always struck me that Christine tried to make activities fun for the kids. But Savanah is stuck with her mom and her mom's dietary whims and abominations. It's sad.

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Way back when this shit show started, didn't Kody refer to the little girls as "The Fairies" or some such shit?  I don't know who he all included in that group but I was assuming he did it because he couldn't actually remember all their names.  I do remember a father-daughter dance where one of the little girls brought Logan because she didn't want to share.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Way back when this shit show started, didn't Kody refer to the little girls as "The Fairies" or some such shit?  I don't know who he all included in that group but I was assuming he did it because he couldn't actually remember all their names.  I do remember a father-daughter dance where one of the little girls brought Logan because she didn't want to share.

I feel sorry for the females in this family. I wish at least one of them would join the military, stay single for a while and completely buck the system. Become an astronaut or something versus a baby maker. 

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I feel sorry for the females in this family. I wish at least one of them would join the military, stay single for a while and completely buck the system. Become an astronaut or something versus a baby maker. 

I think it's like any other member raised in a cult - they have been brainwashed since birth that their only worth is in procreation.  That's hard to break away from.  It takes a strong, self-confident woman to do that and, with the Sheep Wives as models, they have no one to guide or encourage them. 

And Meri's BS postings don't count.

• Love 7

She did say "polar express," but I wondered if she was actually on this https://northpoleexperience.com/faq/    which is located in Flagstaff.  The Polar Express is at the Grand Canyon which is about an hour away from Flagstaff.  I just wasn't sure how likely it was Gwen would have a job that far away at her age.  I know she is in high school, but I thought the local one was more likely.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

I'm trying to figure out the rings Robyn is wearing.

She has 2 rings on her left hand and 1 on her right hand...

Looks like a gold wedding band on her ring finger but I can't tell if she's wearing the cladaugh (sp?) ring from the other wives... The one that she loved soooooo much and blubbered like a baby when they gave it to her.

Maybe someone else with better eyes can make out the other rings.

Edited by Joan of Argh
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Since everyone is there, I bet it was comped and filmed by TLC.

Was everyone there?  All I saw was Kootie, Robyn, and some of their kids.  I'm assuming Janelle took the pictures (pitchers, in BrownSpeak.)

Poor Areola looks like Hunter.  I don't think he's one of the better-looking boys.  YMMV.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Was everyone there?  All I saw was Kootie, Robyn, and some of their kids.  I'm assuming Janelle took the pictures (pitchers, in BrownSpeak.)

Poor Areola looks like Hunter.  I don't think he's one of the better-looking boys.  YMMV.

Meri was there too... she sat there with Sol all cuddled up to her asking him about the train and acting over the top excited!!!!!!! cuz everything Meri does is soooooo EXCITING!!!!!   lol

Edited by Joan of Argh
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 12/28/2019 at 4:32 PM, DaphneCat said:

Way back when this shit show started, didn't Kody refer to the little girls as "The Fairies" or some such shit?

I believe he called them “Brownies”,  which in lore usually refers to playful, elf-like sprites. Kind of like pixies.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 12/28/2019 at 4:32 PM, DaphneCat said:

Kody used to refer to the group of little girls as the "Pixies".  Because pixies are cute to look at, but bitey and naughty in actuality.  So while it was a outwardly cute reference it was also him underhandedly noting that their antics bugged him and got on his nerves.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Kootie has always favored the boys, especially Janelle's, and now King Sol and Day-Un.  I'd kind of like to see mild-mannered Paedon smack Kootie around a bit.  I remember how hard he took the move to LV.  It didn't help that Kootie told the kids that the cops were out to bust them.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Kody used to refer to the group of little girls as the "Pixies".  Because pixies are cute to look at, but bitey and naughty in actuality.  So while it was a outwardly cute reference it was also him underhandedly noting that their antics bugged him and got on his nerves.

THAT'S what it was - Pixies.  I figured he just came up with a "cute" name for them because they were pretty much interchangeable.

• Love 4
On 12/29/2019 at 5:08 PM, Twopper said:

She did say "polar express," but I wondered if she was actually on this https://northpoleexperience.com/faq/    which is located in Flagstaff.  The Polar Express is at the Grand Canyon which is about an hour away from Flagstaff.  I just wasn't sure how likely it was Gwen would have a job that far away at her age.  I know she is in high school, but I thought the local one was more likely.

The “polar express” train was definitely pictured. It starts/ends in Williams, which would be about 45 minutes or so away. I can’t remember which part of town Gwen is in. 

North Pole Experience starts/ends at Little America in Flagstaff but uses shuttle buses, not the train seats that can flip so you’re facing your group ( some riding forward and others backwards). It also does not have a chef working the aisles. The train does the whole serving hot chocolate and cookies thing like the movie. 

I also doubt the train has any affiliation with Warner Bros. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, New2this said:

The “polar express” train was definitely pictured. It starts/ends in Williams, which would be about 45 minutes or so away. I can’t remember which part of town Gwen is in. 

North Pole Experience starts/ends at Little America in Flagstaff but uses shuttle buses, not the train seats that can flip so you’re facing your group ( some riding forward and others backwards). It also does not have a chef working the aisles. The train does the whole serving hot chocolate and cookies thing like the movie. 

I also doubt the train has any affiliation with Warner Bros. 

WB owns the branding of Polar Express per the train webpage.

https://www.raileventsinc.com/polar-express-train-ride/

If it ends up on the show, I'll be amazed!

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

If it ends up on the show, I'll be amazed!

And I would be pretty peeved to pay that much for tickets to be invaded by the Brown Spawn and their camera crew.  Even if they comped the ticket I wouldn't want my nice family holiday outing to be ruined.

• Love 14
59 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

C050B00A-E029-42C1-82C4-6B734BAE8D1A.jpeg

E1572674-575C-4EC5-B4F2-59FE14DE4011.jpeg

This is hilarious. Self care to me is akin to busy mom. Overused and never defined. 

Her use of “definitely” annoys me. 

I feel this means “I am going to use my lazy boy this year and sit and just let self care happen while reflecting on how busy a  day I had buttering my toast and getting the mail. You all can google self care for your own ideas”. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

C050B00A-E029-42C1-82C4-6B734BAE8D1A.jpeg

E1572674-575C-4EC5-B4F2-59FE14DE4011.jpeg

FFS Janelle, you idiot. Maybe you wouldn’t feel so “heavy and overwhelmed” if you applied some self-care and discipline DURING the holiday season. 

I did this very thing and opted out of a lot of events. Staying away from the bad energy of overindulgence is so worth it because you have nothing to feel bad about come January 1. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, KnoxForPres said:

This is hilarious. Self care to me is akin to busy mom. Overused and never defined. 

Her use of “definitely” annoys me. 

I feel this means “I am going to use my lazy boy this year and sit and just let self care happen while reflecting on how busy a  day I had buttering my toast and getting the mail. You all can google self care for your own ideas”. 

I interpreted it as sitting in a recliner with a box of See's and a cup of Butter Coffee.

• Love 7

Hmmm, how long has she been a Strive "health coach?"  And only THIS YEAR, she's going to commit to self care?  So all this time, she's been handing out advice to people about something she doesn't even practice herself?

Color me shocked.

Honestly, this should be the year that Janelle "strives" to stop playing around with other people's health by doling out half-assed advice and fixes herself instead.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13

I doubt that her self care has anything to do with maintaining a healthy lifestyle. I think it's more like loving herself by giving herself permission to do nothing. Or gaze at her navel.

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Ready?

F5CCD079-4182-4ED4-91EC-242C63E1CD16.jpeg

78331CC3-C2AC-421B-A26A-EB980DDAE9F9.jpeg

120CDBC8-778F-4EBC-9EC2-26C39066314B.jpeg

CA6B4B7F-B32A-460E-81A9-BCFB9FC22074.jpeg

STOP THE PRESS!!!  Hot baths are beneficial.  Has the woman been living under a rock these many years or is she just so hard pressed to find something to blog about.

I hope that isn't Janelle's own tub she has pictured here, no grab bars and for sure she would not be able to hoist herself out if submerged above her chest.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I hope that isn't Janelle's own tub she has pictured here, no grab bars and for sure she would not be able to hoist herself out if submerged above her chest.

There is no way on earth Janelle's tub is that clean. Once again, I'm blissfully relieved that she used a stock photo.

Edited by LilWharveyGal
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8
On 1/2/2020 at 1:42 PM, Kohola3 said:

I doubt that her self care has anything to do with maintaining a healthy lifestyle. I think it's more like loving herself by giving herself permission to do nothing. Or gaze at her navel.

Was Janelle always so lazy?  I seem to recall that she was a hard worker for many years or perhaps she just fudged that too and just looked busy when she really wasn't.  I know she worked outside the home and the other wives pitched in to look after her kids so she could do that.  The way she is now you'd never know she raised so many kids or had a real job.  I don't pay enough attention to her to really have a sense for that.  If all I knew about her is what I see now I'd find it hard to believe she was ever all that busy.

• Love 6