Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

On 2/1/2020 at 2:35 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Oh and someone asked why they didn't move to St. George and Janelle said she would NOT have been OK with that and wouldn't want to move there.

I wonder why such a reaction to St. George? 

I thought they were against moving to Utah in general, so maybe that's why?

On 2/1/2020 at 4:27 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Ugh! Her house is so depressing...

Drab colors, cheap furniture, no natural light and shit everywhere...I'd be tossing a rope over the rafters if I had to wake up to that mess every day.

I know, not even a light box would help cheer a person up living in that horrible place.

On 1/22/2020 at 11:13 PM, JenMcSnark said:

I'm pretty convinced that Janell's "recipe" is

Carrot Ginger Soup.jpg

I am still getting over how lazy she is not even sharing the link to the recipe for butternut squash soup.  I often get lazy enough to use the box as a soup starter and add roasted butternut squash and stock to it, then put it all in the Vitamix.  Semi-homemade.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

My guess was the adults knew they were moving before they told the kids. 

Absolutely, the whole thing was a major setup.  The TLC crew all had to be there ready and have all of the cameras staged to capture the histrionics surrounding the faux flight.  They got lucky with a passing fire truck so that they didn't have to dub in sirens.

Since it takes times to write a "reality" script, I'm sure Janelle had ample time to do the paperwork at work.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, deirdra said:

Would Janelle have had to sneak back into Utah to fill out forms pertaining to her pension etc. or can that all be done remotely?  I wonder if she took a lump sum. 

Janelle mentioned on the show back then that she and Kody cashed out their 401k's when they fled to Las Vegas.  When she talks about "finite resources" she is talking about what they had from their retirements.  So that means there are no retirements, that money is long spent.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I know, not even a light box would help cheer a person up living in that horrible place.

Opening the drapes and going outside for a walk would be a start.

3 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Janelle mentioned on the show back then that she and Kody cashed out their 401k's when they fled to Las Vegas.  When she talks about "finite resources" she is talking about what they had from their retirements.  So that means there are no retirements, that money is long spent.

Just like she lost the value of her inheritance when the Lehi house was sold at a loss.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 8

Janelle rilly did give everything she worked for, to help support that man AND his other "wives" and umpteen kids.  Just like Christine gave her all, not with money, but her time being the stay-at-home mother.  

Looks to me like the other three parents come up short.  This family couldn't spell FAIR if you spotted them the A and the I.

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Janelle rilly did give everything she worked for, to help support that man AND his other "wives" and umpteen kids.  Just like Christine gave her all, not with money, but her time being the stay-at-home mother.  

Looks to me like the other three parents come up short.  This family couldn't spell FAIR if you spotted them the A and the I.

I might be generalizing, but I don't think "fair" ever really works into polygamy.

• Love 16

I don't think there was all that much in their 401k's to begin with. 
Neither had been at their jobs for many years. They had a lot of mouths to feed and clothe, so most likely they had the minimum deducted (at my job they'll match up to 5% pre-tax). The early withdrawal itself would cause an avalanche of fees and penalties up to 40%. And they probably blew through those funds in a month or less.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

Why do we have to know so much about Janelle's disgestion and now her "nether regions?"  WHYYYYYYYYYYY I ask you?!  And WTF is she talking about, that the placement of her clothes rack exercise bike was a "barrier" that she created for herself, which resulted in her taking a YEAR to set it up?  So there's literally no other place she could set it up that didn't result in a "barrier?"  I mean, I suppose it had to be centrally located between her TV and the fridge, but honestly, what is this woman even talking about?  She's got FAR deeper issues than her $129.95 online health coach certificate can touch, that's for certain.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
44 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Why do we have to know so much about Janelle's disgestion and now her "nether regions?"  WHYYYYYYYYYYY I ask you?!  And WTF is she talking about, that the placement of her clothes rack exercise bike was a "barrier" that she created for herself, which resulted in her taking a YEAR to set it up?  So there's literally no other place she could set it up that didn't result in a "barrier?"  I mean, I suppose it had to be centrally located between her TV and the fridge, but honestly, what is this woman even talking about?  She's got FAR deeper issues than her $129.95 online health coach certificate can touch, that's for certain.

I THINK she was saying that  looking for the "perfect" place to put it was a self-imposed barrier to setting it up (basically, saying she was looking for any excuse to avoid doing something she didn't want to do.)  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I might be generalizing, but I don't think "fair" ever really works into polygamy.

Now that I can believe.  The Browns are anything but.

Janelle, quit bitching about barriers.  You sound like Meri with her fucking walls.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

This is a legitimate question but besides the show do any of them have actual jobs?  I’m even willing to count Meri and Christine shilling their lulu crap.  What do the rest of them do all day?  I think Strive would take about 15-20 mins a day.  So what do Kody, Janelle and Robyn do or all they really making a decent amount with this show.  I was watching the first season and Janelle car window is taped up to keep it from falling down, also Christine is exclaiming how she can’t wait for all of them to be in the same house.  Janelle talks about liking a 9-5 job, I know she worked for the state in Utah, did she quit because they left or she got fired?

Hasn’t Kodi talked about a “business partner” before?  

• Love 4
On 2/2/2020 at 1:37 PM, Kyanight said:

it's not difficult to eat healthier - it's just MUCH more fun to eat crap.    I should know - I love crap.  But it should be a treat, not the norm!

Every day is special for Janelle, apparently. 

• LOL 5
20 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

Hasn’t Kodi talked about a “business partner” before?  

Yes, and I’ve also wondered who the hell would get into business with these fools besides each other.  Is this guy related to them?

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 2/1/2020 at 2:17 PM, ginger90 said:

3A9B13BA-749C-4779-AEDC-79C342E3899F.jpeg

FB049F38-D3EC-463C-9A75-2FB3CBA6164D.jpeg

🙄 Seriously? This woman has shown zero progress in the last several years she's been doing this STRIVE crap. Looking at the most recent photo of her, she looks no different than she did when she first began. I agree with Mahamid Frauded Me,  this thing is going to become a clothes rack in no time. 

God I wish Janelle would just stop sharing until she's proven some success (you know, like normal people). I just have no empathy for her anymore. 

• Love 8

This is probably what is going to really happen

1- she can't take the shortcut to the couch anymore- she will have to go all away around the other side to sit - she be too lazy for that

2- she will stub her toe and make some excuse that there just was not enough room in the house to use it - it will return to the depths of the garage for another 3 years. 

3- She will trip carrying her cooked collard greens in EVO and they will get all tangled up in the wheel and deem it has broken

We know she is full of excuses and lazy

• LOL 13
6 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I mean, I suppose it had to be centrally located between her TV and the fridge, but honestly, what is this woman even talking about?  She's got FAR deeper issues than her $129.95 online health coach certificate can touch, that's for certain.

She paid 6 grand for that certificate.....I was looking into being a health coach at one time and checked out the "school" she attended. When I called for more information I was told that to pay for the school you can put it on a credit card or take out a personal loan. I ended up choosing a different route and a legit school after the fact. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, VegasVixen said:

She paid 6 grand for that certificate.....I was looking into being a health coach at one time and checked out the "school" she attended. When I called for more information I was told that to pay for the school you can put it on a credit card or take out a personal loan. I ended up choosing a different route and a legit school after the fact. 

She paid $6000 to tell people she has constant indigestion and feed her grandson canned cabbage? I need a TLC show...my life isn’t all that interesting, I just want to know what TLC’s pay scale is.  

• LOL 12
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, laurakaye said:

And WTF is she talking about, that the placement of her clothes rack exercise bike was a "barrier" that she created for herself, which resulted in her taking a YEAR to set it up?  So there's literally no other place she could set it up that didn't result in a "barrier?"  I mean, I suppose it had to be centrally located between her TV and the fridge, but honestly, what is this woman even talking about?  She's got FAR deeper issues than her $129.95 online health coach certificate can touch, that's for certain.

I’m assuming her definition of “barrier” was meant more along the lines of finding every excuse in the book as to why she hadn’t gotten around to setting it up yet.

• Love 7

Ugghhhh, that carpet color is hideo-rama.  What a come down from her house in LV.  It does look like a basement.

Even if she did the stationary bike it wouldn't address her midsection spare tires.  She needs to focus on abs and losing weight.  The bike is good but it isn't going to specifically help her with what she needs.  Of course she is always off the mark, what do we expect?  🙄

Good ol' Janelle, always a day late and a dollar short (to borrow an old timey expression from my father). 😉

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

She paid $6000 to tell people she has constant indigestion and feed her grandson canned cabbage? I need a TLC show...my life isn’t all that interesting, I just want to know what TLC’s pay scale is.  

I’d call Janelle a certified Half-Ass but she’s not even half-assing it. She’s achieved nothing. She’s a complete failure in the fitness and wellness profession. Speaking of lack of motivation, Janelle couldn’t even half-ass the sales of the Vegas homes. If she were committed to selling those things, she’d have stayed in Vegas and been at potential buyers’ beck and call versus going back on weekends. Yes, they finally sold, no thanks to her. 

The only thing Janelle is committed to is being a lump. She runs her mouth but does nothing. 

• Love 11
42 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

The only thing Janelle is committed to is being a lump. She runs her mouth but does nothing. 

Turtle, that is not really fair.  I have heard from reliable sources that she is very committed to Fritos™.

• LOL 15
10 hours ago, RubySoho said:

I’m assuming her definition of “barrier” was meant more along the lines of finding every excuse in the book as to why she hadn’t gotten around to setting it up yet.

Where I struggle is that there may be real (and sadly, very misguided) people following her "health" advice (or lack thereof) and seeing that, hey - this Z-list celeb has trouble getting healthy too!  Look at all her reasons/excuses/barriers for not getting in shape!  I can use those excuses, too!  If Janelle is a health coach and still looks like that, then it's okay for me, too!  Janelle has NO BUSINESS giving any kind of life advice, be it health, food, exercise, etc., when it's crystal clear that she hasn't improved her health since she started pretending to run Strive With Janelle. 

I would love to know the Brown family's thought processes here...which one decided that Janelle's Scheme Of the Month should be making her a health coach?  We know it couldn't have been Janelle herself.  Was it Kody, in an effort to get her up off the couch when he comes over so he can crash while she makes him some peanut-butter Fritos?  Was it Robyn, who likely knew that Strive would become a more massive failure than MSWC?  Someone decided that this would be Janelle's "thing."  And yet, it took her one year to break down a "barrier" to move an exercise bike to a location in her house where she might pretend to actually use it.  I just don't get it.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Where I struggle is that there may be real (and sadly, very misguided) people following her "health" advice....

I very seriously doubt she has much of a following.  If I were paying for advice I would quickly stop after seeing her total lack of progress.  But then I don't pay attention to anything hawked by any level of "star".

• Love 10
13 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I'll be your costar...I'm boring as hell, and I'm staying that way.  We would definitely have more of a following than Janelle does!

• Love 6

Someone mentioned here or elsewhere that Janelle stopped going to Vegas "to sell the houses" when Maddie left. Makes sense that she was really using her trips there as an excuse to see Axel. 

Spoiler

the episode that hasn't aired on TV yet but is on hulu shows Maddie and Axel moving to Flag temporarily last Feb. before the final move to NC

• Useful 4
2 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

You are a lazy slug, and have no business trying to "influence" anyone.

The good news is, she probably doesn't.  You'd have to be a blithering idiot to pay for her advice.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, deirdra said:

That cauliflower looks like you should have used it when it arrived last week, when it was fresh. 

That is what I thought.  Looked like it could be bendy.  What we didn't see is the vat of Ranch for it.  Stir Fry shmirfry.  That will be slathered in fat.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Am I the only one who finds it interesting that Janelle, with no experience of polygamy until Kootie, is the only wife that is all on board for one house? And the Plyg Princess is so adamant about living away from the other three. Does she pretend Kootie is away working when he’s not at her place? So much for showing the world the joys of this lifestyle.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, lindalouwho said:

Am I the only one who finds it interesting that Janelle, with no experience of polygamy until Kootie, is the only wife that is all on board for one house?

I think Janelle probably thinks that if they're all in one house she might get to see Kody more often....She's obviously rotated less often in their current "separate" arrangement.  And her SM posts show how bored and isolated she must feel as a result.  She's basically given up on having any kind of close romantic relationship with him so being closer to him even if just by proximity probably seems like an improvement.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

"Veggies are so interesting." 

Meaning - I won't eat them but look at the pretty purple colors.

Right? 🙄 Most useless thing she's said so far: "Veggies are so interesting." Interesting?

Obviously not interesting enough to her to take the opportunity to learn more about them--and googling a daily useless Strive post doesn't count. She should have a PhD in nutrition by now given the years she's had to learn about these "interesting" things. 

Poser extraordinaire. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, DakotaJustice said:

Well, I think it's safe to assume that the appointment wasn't with the dentist.

🤓

Very safe.  It was most likely an appointment to pick up embroidered ball caps or maybe some fresh veggies from her food co-op.

• LOL 5
11 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

To replace the moldy uneaten veggies in the fridge?

Exactly!  But of course she will take pictures of the veggies and post them before putting them in the fridge and forgetting them until they start to liquefy.

• Love 7

Janelle is clearly someone for whom one appointment, or one meeting, or one raindrop, derails her entire schedule to the point that she gives up completely for the entire day, kicks back in the recliner and binges Netflix until it's time for bed.  AND she's scared of vegetables.  And yet...."health coach."

These people.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Janelle is clearly someone for whom one appointment, or one meeting, or one raindrop, derails her entire schedule to the point that she gives up completely for the entire day, kicks back in the recliner and binges Netflix until it's time for bed.  AND she's scared of vegetables.  And yet...."health coach."

These people.

Well.. yes.  But she's not afraid of Fritos.  So that's something.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

What does one prep for an appointment ? Sure if she elaborated, like she has to go to the Gyno, we then would all have let out a big "ahh yeah", and silently understood.  She is the type of person that she would only schedule one appointment maybe a week as not to get overwhelmed it seems

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

D5DEB39B-F0BC-4E94-9B5E-8901AFF7A423.jpeg

2BAA5C33-29B2-46ED-BD9A-228BF3F0A4C2.jpeg

“Claim time” for yourself? It’s called a schedule, Janelle. It’s getting up at 5:30 and doing that workout before work/etc because you planned it. Instead, our lump “decides” to ride her bike for 20 minutes. 

This woman is fucking dumb. 

• Love 11
On 2/3/2020 at 8:14 PM, Irate Panda said:

I would be on your show with the other COLs.

19 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

“Claim time” for yourself? It’s called a schedule, Janelle. It’s getting up at 5:30 and doing that workout before work/etc because you planned it. Instead, our lump “decides” to ride her bike for 20 minutes. 

This woman is fucking dumb. 

I will claim time for myself by not following her on FB or whatever platform she is using to shill her lazy self. 

By prepping for her appointment does she mean showering, dressing and putting on some make up.  That's all I got.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8