Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Thank you, Meri, I needed a good laugh today!  Confident "style" must mean taking overhead photos and filtering until half of your body mass disappears.

And...if she doesn't need help with her eyebrows, then why is the left one in line with the center of her nose?

Mer, the "style" from 1970 called and wants its raccoon eyes with spider lashes back.

If this is a confident style, count me out.  Apparently you can only be confident if you apply so many filters that your whole body is off kilter.

• LOL 5
  • Love 13
(edited)
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Mer, the "style" from 1970 called and wants its raccoon eyes with spider lashes back.

If this is a confident style, count me out.  Apparently you can only be confident if you apply so many filters that your whole body is off kilter.

I would add if you want to age yourself and look way older and a little scary by all means do it.

You do you, Meri.

Edited by toodles
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Who says she has to wear a dress? Has she time traveled to the 50s? NO ONE says that anymore. 

Who wants to listen to the ramblings of a woman who filters herself unrecognisable anyways? 

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Not to mention the t-shirt...I had one like that in 1976.  It had the Dr. Pepper logo on it.  I was 10 years old.

We are in the midst of a worldwide pandemic, and our country is on fire.  But at least I can sleep well tonight knowing that Meri doesn't fill like wearing lipstick.  My goodness, but that is surely a load off my mind.

I don't know who's worse - Meri telling us how real she is by filtering herself into oblivion or her moronic daughter who Snowflake-'splains what racism is and how to fix it.

• Love 17
(edited)
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

We are in the midst of a worldwide pandemic, and our country is on fire.  But at least I can sleep well tonight knowing that Meri doesn't fill like wearing lipstick.  My goodness, but that is surely a load off my mind

Holy crap she is tone deaf! As you say perfectly above LauraKaye, the country’s on fire, there’s a killer virus on the loose and old Mare here wants to write a vapid 500 word essay promoting herself and how good she thinks she looks in her crappy MLM polyester.

2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I don't know who's worse - Meri telling us how real she is by filtering herself into oblivion or her moronic daughter who Snowflake-'splains what racism is and how to fix it.

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but at least Mariah is talking about something other than herself at a time like this and at least raising awareness about the state of the world and it’s issues, (even if it’s being executed poorly and condescendingly). 
Meri is still living in white privilege la la land, ignoring the real world and shilling her pyramid scheme with face-tuned selfies. Ugh gross. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
Terrible spellingk
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I wish we had a poster in Flagstaff that could snap a "real time" photo of her and totally bust her ass

#photoshopismywhy

#notreallytherealmeribrown

#ihaveafucktardforadaughter

We wish! Saggy jowled, sausage-armed frowny-face! Every time she posts a filtered pic, someone posts one of what she really looks like. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

We wish! Saggy jowled, sausage-armed frowny-face! Every time she posts a filtered pic, someone posts one of what she really looks like. 

Exactly! Let’s do it.
The irony of the Instagram handle ‘therealmeribrown’ when she is literally portraying herself as someone else. Dream on old gal 😂 53AC2080-AD60-49B3-A2C6-E0FC4373E912.thumb.jpeg.8a7c22f3dda1729b07b65b911799a495.jpeg

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Exactly! Let’s do it.
The irony of the Instagram handle ‘therealmeribrown’ when she is literally portraying herself as someone else. Dream on old gal 😂 53AC2080-AD60-49B3-A2C6-E0FC4373E912.thumb.jpeg.8a7c22f3dda1729b07b65b911799a495.jpeg

Someone must have told Meri that "the eyes are the mirror of the soul", so she has effectively built her "walls" of mascara and liner.  Such an enigma that one!

• LOL 14
4 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Does she use a sharpie for her eyeliner ?

She used to use Fine Tip but since Mariah has straightened her out on the fine art of eyebrow grooming, she has switched to Chisel Tip.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Not to mention the t-shirt...I had one like that in 1976.  It had the Dr. Pepper logo on it.  I was 10 years old.

We are in the midst of a worldwide pandemic, and our country is on fire.  But at least I can sleep well tonight knowing that Meri doesn't fill like wearing lipstick.  My goodness, but that is surely a load off my mind.

Exactly.  Why does Meri say no one can tell her what to do, and her precious dumbass spawn get to tell everyone what THEY should do?  

Those people are FUBAR.

Edited by xwordfanatik
to clarify that I meant Meri & Snowflake, not anyone here!
  • Love 13

She forgot to mention that her t-shirts were long-sleeved and under too-small, spaghetti-strapped tanktops and she declared that leggings aren't pants.  But, that was all before she started to shill LulaNo, and "Modest Was Hottest."  

She forgot to mention her marriage in her write-up.  But, she claims that she lived as an inanimate object.   She's been a comforter; I think that she meant doormat. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

If she's so freakin' self-conscious about her eyebrows, why does she go for the Groucho Marx look every day?  

I am watching season one of this show and Meri's eyebrows were, once upon a time, perfectly normal.  She looked SO much better with natural brows.  Also of note - in the season one intro, Meri's statement is "I believed in living this lifestyle, I think it makes each of us better."  Not believe...she says it past tense.  I am pretty sure this was changed in subsequent seasons, but it makes her sound like she was working her way out the door as far back as when they started filming.  I wonder if she'd have been gone if the show had not gotten renewed for season 2.

• Useful 6
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

If she's so freakin' self-conscious about her eyebrows, why does she go for the Groucho Marx look every day?  

I am watching season one of this show and Meri's eyebrows were, once upon a time, perfectly normal.  She looked SO much better with natural brows.  

I don't recall much about the first season eyebrows, so they were very likely nothing outstanding, neither outlandish nor on point.  What I do recall, is that along the way, she adopted the practice of the thin line following the contour of her upper brow bone a-l-l the way around.  I have never been noted as a fashionista or trend setter, but way back in the early 50's make-up experts advised taking a pencil from the base of the nostril slanted up to the brow bone and that would be the point to terminate the eyebrow line.  It was emphasized that if the eyebrow pencil took a downward turn it would add years to the appearance. 

Maybe this COL is light years off trend and out of step, but if Meri is shooting for the natural look by following the brow bone to it's termination, why bother with plucking or enhancing the natural brow with makeup at all?

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Sandy W said:

She used to use Fine Tip but since Mariah has straightened her out on the fine art of eyebrow grooming, she has switched to Chisel Tip.

Bob Ross's palette knife more like...

• LOL 12
On 6/3/2020 at 3:40 PM, laurakaye said:

I am watching season one of this show and Meri's eyebrows were, once upon a time, perfectly normal.  She looked SO much better with natural brows.  Also of note - in the season one intro, Meri's statement is "I believed in living this lifestyle, I think it makes each of us better."  Not believe...she says it past tense.  I am pretty sure this was changed in subsequent seasons, but it makes her sound like she was working her way out the door as far back as when they started filming.  I wonder if she'd have been gone if the show had not gotten renewed for season 2.

I'm sure there was a couch scene early on where Meri say she stays in the family because shes committed, and because of her daughter.  She knows if she left more-iah would cut her dead

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, orangesmartie said:

I'm sure there was a couch scene early on where Meri say she stays in the family because shes committed, and because of her daughter.  She knows if she left more-iah would cut her dead

Meri is chastened now because her flight of fancy didn't take wings.  She was ready to roll when she thought she had a multi-millionaire to run away with. 

I'm not so sure that Mariah would cut her dead, who would support the lifestyle she thinks she is entitled to? Kody and Krew are not likely to be funding trips to Bali and $5.00 lattes. 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, orangesmartie said:

More-I-ah is a fitting name for her.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I'm not so sure that Mariah would cut her dead, who would support the lifestyle she thinks she is entitled to? Kody and Krew are not likely to be funding trips to Bali and $5.00 lattes

Definitely not Kody/Robyn & crew... bucks only go to Robyn's spawn.

• Love 9
15 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Meri is chastened now because her flight of fancy didn't take wings.  She was ready to roll when she thought she had a multi-millionaire to run away with. 

That? Was a like dog charging away to freedom on a long leash (that got choked when it hit the end of the rope). 

Meri is never going to outrun that. She is branded with it, along with those banana photos. And she knows it.

She pretends to be a strong, self-reliant woman—I believe she has convinced herself she is—but the cracks show through her highly edited photos (talk about catfishing). 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

That? Was a like dog charging away to freedom on a long leash (that got choked when it hit the end of the rope). 

Meri is never going to outrun that. She is branded with it, along with those banana photos. And she knows it.

She pretends to be a strong, self-reliant woman—I believe she has convinced herself she is—but the cracks show through her highly edited photos (talk about catfishing). 

Exactly right.  The same type of magical thinking that allowed her to believe that a young, handsome, multi-millionaire whom she had never laid eyes on, would swoop her away to a life of luxury and complete devotion, allows her to believe that she is fooling anyone with any sense that her filtered photos are the real Meri Brown.

• Love 9

Meri comes across as sincere and thoughtful in this piece.  I hope it came from her heart rather than at the urging of Mariah to use her platform to SAY SOMETHING!

• Love 17
(edited)
22 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Meri comes across as sincere and thoughtful in this piece.  I hope it came from her heart rather than at the urging of Mariah to use her platform to SAY SOMETHING!

Meri was receiving many comments about the fact she hadn’t posted anything. I don’t think anyone should be guilted into such a thing, but it may be why she posted.

Her tone is certainly way better than Mariah’s.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 18
16 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Meri is all show no go. These are just words Meri thinks she needs to say because everyone else is saying them. 

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Meri is all show no go. These are just words Meri thinks she needs to say because everyone else is saying them. 

So are you saying she fooled us all?  Fool me once, shame on you!  Fool me 568 times....shame on me. 😞

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

So are you saying she fooled us all?  Fool me once, shame on you!  Fool me 568 times....shame on me. 😞

That should be the mantra of the fans who keep on buying Lularot over and over and end up with subpar clothing.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

if she really wanted to be sincere, she'd have a LLR live sale where all the profits went to the NAACP, ACLU, or other affiliated organization. But the Browns don't have a charitable bone in their bodies.

Yeah... but to be fair.... they have a LOT of bills to pay each month.... I'm sure the mortgage on Robyn's McMansion has to be sky high and SOMEONE has to work and bring in the money to pay for it while Robyn sleeps until early afternoon.  And then there is her Victoria Secret credit card... that has to be about a grand a month....and her utilities, car payment, car insurance, groceries, other credit cards.  And after Robyn's bills are all paid (and she's been given some serious spending $$$) they have to use what's left over for Christine and Janelle's bills.  

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Enya Face said:

Omfg. That made me laugh so hard, thank you!

I have been a little absent from here because I finally got legally married to Mr. Face! Covid weddings are virtual, so last Tuesday we had one in our hallway with 9 ppl witnessing via video chat lol! But I’m so happy to come back and have you guys still here to make me laugh.

Congratulations! Welcome back to the snarkfest ❤️

• Love 7
5 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

if she really wanted to be sincere, she'd have a LLR live sale where all the profits went to the NAACP, ACLU, or other affiliated organization. But the Browns don't have a charitable bone in their bodies.

Yeah. I just can’t take her as being sincere. People like her post stuff on SM and then go back to their lives. It’s meaningless. 

I’ve been silent about it on SM because I actually worked in the field trying to fight racism. These “keyboard warriors” actually piss me off. 

• Love 15
13 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Yeah... but to be fair.... they have a LOT of bills to pay each month.... I'm sure the mortgage on Robyn's McMansion has to be sky high and SOMEONE has to work and bring in the money to pay for it while Robyn sleeps until early afternoon.  And then there is her Victoria Secret credit card... that has to be about a grand a month....and her utilities, car payment, car insurance, groceries, other credit cards.  And after Robyn's bills are all paid (and she's been given some serious spending $$$) they have to use what's left over for Christine and Janelle's bills.  

There’s zero chance Meri is sharing any earnings with the family. She was super clear on the B&B being only hers and that she did not want to share any profits with family, so with the exception of More-riah, I guarantee none of the family see any of her pyramid scheme profits either.
With that said, I wouldn’t blame her for not sharing, it’s hardly fair if you’re shilling crappy-patterned polyester and trawling the internet for inspiration quotes to post all day, while your fellow sister wife just slumbers until noon and yet takes a cut. 

• Love 14
20 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Hasn't stopped them before from overspending.

The dropzone where I skydive is a small business run by an individual. In case you weren't aware, it's expensive. Planes, maintenance, large swaths of land, fuel, safety equipment, staff...it's whopping. And naturally in past months they have had zero income. The owner managed to pay his staff their normal wages AND make improvements on the place during the shutdown AND donated 100% of his profits over the weekend to NAACP and blklivesmatter. He also ran a separate fundraiser for those who wanted to contribute but didn't want to jump on the weekend. All while basically hemorrhaging money. If he could do it, Meri could do it. And you know she would have posted about it if she had.

I know you're kidding with your comment (mostly), but people in her position should absolutely be making contributions if they're going to be using black communities and black suffering for their own PR.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
(edited)
3 hours ago, monagatuna said:

The dropzone where I skydive

Wow. I am such a risk-averse person, and I feel like the world is 100% riskier than before these days. My jaw figuratively dropped!  This is really interesting, knowing that someone with a shared love of SisterWives snark has another interest that is so different from my own. Bringing it back to Meri, absolutely she should be making a contribution in some way to anti-racist organizations if she's going to use this movement for PR. I'm sure Deanne Lularot doesn't support them. I wonder if Meri would jump out of a plane if Deanne told her minions to do it?

Edited by Teafortwo
forgot to add detail
  • Love 11

Mariah looks more relaxed but Meri looks like she's doing OK. I don't know enough about it to say who has the better form.

Meri does look good in that blue, very flattering.

• Love 9