Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

At the top of Meri's post I see a series of five emojis, including the US flag: 

flag tree flag tree flag

Why do some of us see (um) instead of a flag?

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, suomi said:

At the top of Meri's post I see a series of five emojis, including the US flag: 

flag tree flag tree flag

Why do some of us see (um) instead of a flag?

I’m glad you said something! I went back and looked when “um” was mentioned, and I was confused. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I see trees.

• Love 6
(edited)
7 hours ago, sharkerbaby said:

Taking a shot in the dark here but perhaps UM (tree) UM (tree) UM  = Om (tree) Om (tree) Om?  Om as in Om chanting for meditation?

Meri has always liked the trees - she was the one who preferred the properties on the hillside with the dense trees, it was only Robyn who was afraid of the potential fires.

I suspect Meri is not being pressured in the same way other reps may be as I think her "celebrity" status and the many eyes (aka potential customers/retailers) she brings with her affords her some leeway that others do not enjoy.

Meri isn't a mentor or close to Deanne, the owner of LLR.
The bypass thing was only pressed on mentors who were close to Deanne.  There was an interview with an ex-mentor on a podcast a couple years ago (I think the podcast was called "Sounds like MLM but OK") where she spoke about being pressured to get the bypass from a specific doctor in Mexico, because Deanne got a kickback from him.  The mentor ended up having a bad reaction to the surgery and ended up in the ER back in the states, if memory serves. But it was purely so Deanne could get a kickback from the doctor.

ETA link to podcast episode.

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/zach-parker-and-katie-young/sounds-like-mlm-but-ok/e/54459735

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Useful 5
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Meri is probably not heavy enough, and Janelle, who would likely benefit more, is not focused enough. 

Agree.  Meri was at a good weight in the first season, but I think i read somewhere that she went on a diet prior to filming.  I think Robyn did too.  She was very thin.  Part of that could have been trying to find a husband.  Both could lose the excess weight if they really put their minds to it.  Yes Janelle would benefit from a lap band.  But like you  said she is probably not focused enough to prep for the surgery and afterwards.  I have several friends that had it done and it has made a world of difference in how they feel.  Many had to wait until the had two medical reasons before the insurance would pay.  One had to go to Mexico and have it done as she had no health issues, other than being obese.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

So is she a Manchester United fan, or a United Airlines fan?

I have a ~30 year old United Airlines luggage tag, and that is/was their colour scheme.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The above post now has comments turned off. Is this the explanation? 

4C187D0F-DA88-4D0E-9618-C36953C638FF.jpeg

I can't take the first post seriously, coming from Meri. She's the first one to pout, cry, throw a tantrum or stomp off when *her* opinions or feeling are disagreed with. And here she is implying we should be tolerant and loving regarding others' opinions, beliefs and feelings.

Meri, if it's ok to disagree, why all the temper tantrums over the past 10 years? Why all the "walls" even when people are trying to be kind to you? Fake much?

• Love 15
21 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I can't take the first post seriously, coming from Meri. She's the first one to pout, cry, throw a tantrum or stomp off when *her* opinions or feeling are disagreed with. And here she is implying we should be tolerant and loving regarding others' Mariah's opinions, beliefs and feelings.

Meri, if it's ok to disagree, why all the temper tantrums over the past 10 years? Why all the "walls" even when people are trying to be kind to you? Fake much?

FIFY

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 6/18/2020 at 5:09 PM, ginger90 said:

That’s a good photo if one is just focusing on the shirt, but I would never have chosen it to post with my makeup, nose and teeth looking like that. I would’ve cropped my head off. (And those reasons are why I rarely post pictures of myself on IG 🤪)

• Love 2

Didn't see this discussed on here yet, this article was posted yesterday: 

https://soapdirt.com/sister-wives-meri-brown-bizarre-confession-she-may-have-that-in-stock/

This statement made me roll my eyes: "In order to empathize with someone's experience, you must be willing to believe them as they see it and not how you imagine their experience to be." 

So, is she talking about the catfish still? Because everyone *but her* seemed to know "Sam" was not real. Or is it her entire experience with Kody? Either way, it'd be nice if she has finally jumped ship. Still, I just suspect our narcissistic Meri will go on to be sour and unhappy somewhere else. Everything seems to piss her off. 

• Love 3
On 5/20/2020 at 11:13 AM, Sandy W said:

I don't see it on Lizzie's website now, but at one time there was a hefty surcharge ($50. as I recall).  Not sure if the fee was refundable if the dog didn't disrupt the perfection standards that Meri assumes she presents.

I'm not sure I would call that a hefty fee. It's pretty standard for hotels and other places of lodging that they charge a non-refundable pet fee of that amount or higher. 

Although hotels can keep certain rooms 'pet friendly' and have higher cleaning procedures when a pet has been in a room that I'm sure Lizzie's does not..... 

On 6/16/2020 at 10:22 AM, Sandy W said:

I don't think that Meri would be a suitable candidate for gastric bypass surgery.  She doesn't seem to carry much excess weight, the "thickness" seems to come from her bone structure, and no amount of dieting or surgery will alter that.   She must take after her father, Bonnie appears to be delicately fine boned.

LLR have/had their own special clinic in Mexico where I'm sure the only qualification you need is an order from the LLR owners. 

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

LLR have/had their own special clinic in Mexico where I'm sure the only qualification you need is an order from the LLR owners

Because an unlicensed, shady. cut-rate clinic in Mexico would be a first choice for a major medical procedure.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
21 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Didn't see this discussed on here yet, this article was posted yesterday: 

https://soapdirt.com/sister-wives-meri-brown-bizarre-confession-she-may-have-that-in-stock/

This statement made me roll my eyes: "In order to empathize with someone's experience, you must be willing to believe them as they see it and not how you imagine their experience to be." 

So, is she talking about the catfish still? Because everyone *but her* seemed to know "Sam" was not real. Or is it her entire experience with Kody? Either way, it'd be nice if she has finally jumped ship. Still, I just suspect our narcissistic Meri will go on to be sour and unhappy somewhere else. Everything seems to piss her off. 

It also mentions in the article that Christine has to "raise money" to get Ysabel her scoliosis surgery.  She shouldn't have to raise money.  These adults need to come together and make sure she gets that surgery, point blank - perhaps Meri could set aside some of her LLR money, or maybe Robyn shouldn't have moved into a $900,000 home or whatever she ended up doing, or Kody should've set aside a portion of TLC money for just such an event.  Now a kid needs surgery and likely lots of PT afterwards.  And it sounds like Christine can't pay for it, and I have no doubt that Christine is on her own as far as paying those bills.  Honestly, if Kody isn't putting all his energy into figuring this out, he's less than useless and Christine needs to drop him.  For that matter so does Meri, but I agree that Meri gets some sort of twisted satisfaction by continuing to be a barnacle stuck to the bottom of the Brown's sinking ship.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, smarty2020 said:

Wouldn't health insurance pay for scoliosis surgery?

Per Robyn, if god wanted them to have health insurance, he would have provided.

Obviously, they don't have health insurance, otherwise it would not have taken a cancer scare to get the mcnugget removed from Janelles lip. I don't have kids but do schools require kids attending to have health insurance ?

• Love 6
5 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

Wouldn't health insurance pay for scoliosis surgery?

The article states that amount is after insurance is applied.

4 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Per Robyn, if god wanted them to have health insurance, he would have provided.

Obviously, they don't have health insurance, otherwise it would not have taken a cancer scare to get the mcnugget removed from Janelles lip. I don't have kids but do schools require kids attending to have health insurance ?

Public schools do not, at least in none of the states that I am familiar with.  Colleges and Universities do but lower grades do not.

• Useful 2

<<The third wife of the Sister Wives clan told her followers that she’s attempting to raise $50 K to fund her daughter’s surgery. That is what the cost will be even with the insurance kicking in to pay. It sounds like a huge co-pay and she plans to use the money she makes from selling the brand of clothes both she and Meri represent.>>

Wow, not very good insurance if it makes you pay $50,000 for a surgery.  Must be why Dayton's 4 wheeler accident injury was so expensive.  

• Love 14
7 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

<<The third wife of the Sister Wives clan told her followers that she’s attempting to raise $50 K to fund her daughter’s surgery. That is what the cost will be even with the insurance kicking in to pay. It sounds like a huge co-pay and she plans to use the money she makes from selling the brand of clothes both she and Meri represent.>>

Wow, not very good insurance if it makes you pay $50,000 for a surgery.  Must be why Dayton's 4 wheeler accident injury was so expensive.  

Right?  I would think if surgery is medically necessary, it would be covered minus a copay.  Unless they have an HSA only type plan. Or any plan. 

• Love 5

Maybe they don't have insurance and they were able to make a deal on a cash price?  Since they don't hesitate to lie about other things, it wouldn't surprise me if they don't have insurance and were lying that it was some kind of deductible.  Why would they lie?  Perhaps because they know they would look like complete and total idiots if they confessed they didn't use some of their TV earnings to purchase health insurance instead of expensive cars and houses. 

If they DO have some kind of insurance and it has a $50,000 deductible, they need to cancel that policy and look into better coverage.   Even for big time TV stars like the Browns, that's nearly the equivalent of no coverage at all.  

Hope Robyn is enjoying the million dollar home Kootie "forced" her to live in while Christine pretty much begs for money for her daughter's surgery.  Not that I'm letting Christine off the hook either.  She lives in a very nice home and drives an expensive car as well.  I can't help but wonder if a big part of her reluctance to the surgery was because she knew it would cost them a huge amount of money.

I admit I will laugh the day I read Sister Wives is cancelled and the irresponsible Brown adults have to scramble for money.  I will laugh even more when those expensive houses go into foreclosure and the bankruptcy filings begin once again.

• Love 13
(edited)
23 hours ago, laurakaye said:

It also mentions in the article that Christine has to "raise money" to get Ysabel her scoliosis surgery.  She shouldn't have to raise money.  These adults need to come together and make sure she gets that surgery, point blank - perhaps Meri could set aside some of her LLR money, or maybe Robyn shouldn't have moved into a $900,000 home or whatever she ended up doing, or Kody should've set aside a portion of TLC money for just such an event.  Now a kid needs surgery and likely lots of PT afterwards.  And it sounds like Christine can't pay for it, and I have no doubt that Christine is on her own as far as paying those bills.  Honestly, if Kody isn't putting all his energy into figuring this out, he's less than useless and Christine needs to drop him.  

This.  I CAN'T BELIEVE that this family has known for years that Ysabel would need surgery, and they held held expensive weddings (Aspyn and Mykelti) moved to Flagstaff, went on Disney trips, sent Mariah to Westminster, Bali, and grad school, and bought a 900, 000 home!?!  😮  It's absolutely shameful. 😒

If I were Ysabel I would have a clear understanding of what the familial priorities were, and leave as soon as I could!!!  🤨

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
Grammar
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, MonicaM said:

Since they don't hesitate to lie about other things, it wouldn't surprise me if they don't have insurance and were lying that it was some kind of deductible.

I think there is little doubt that these yahoos have no insurance.  There was that infamous ATV accident for which there was a lien or lawsuit or something against Sobbyn for the bill.  And I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if that didn't play into the picture when Truely was nearly comatose before she finally got hauled off to the hospital.  Plus the enormous skin cancer left to fester in plain site in Janelle's lip.  

When the gravy train jumps the track they will revert to penniless trailer trash living off of welfare, you mark my words.  They have the common sense of a flea when it comes to living responsibly.  At least most of the kids will be grown and gone by then and will hopefully be living within their means and have jobs with benefits - which they certainly didn't learn from their idiot parents.

• Love 12
58 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

When the gravy train jumps the track they will revert to penniless trailer trash living off of welfare, you mark my words.  They have the common sense of a flea when it comes to living responsibly.  At least most of the kids will be grown and gone by then and will hopefully be living within their means and have jobs with benefits - which they certainly didn't learn from their idiot parents.

I would love to see that play out - all five Brown adults, broke and deeply in debt, wondering what to do while the majority of their kids have gone on to respectable jobs and are living comfortably away from their stupid, destitute parents...would Kody go to Logan for a loan?  Would Christine move in with Aspyn and Mitch?  Would any of the adult kids take in Robyn and her little ones (I highly doubt it).  It would be poetic justice for the Brown kids to live great and happy lives in spite of the fact that their parents did everything they could to break them when they were younger with scary false persecution stories, threats of dear ol' dad going to "jell," constant uprooting, and general lack of leadership - with Kody being forced to beg them for help.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

I think there is little doubt that these yahoos have no insurance.  There was that infamous ATV accident for which there was a lien or lawsuit or something against Sobbyn for the bill.  And I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if that didn't play into the picture when Truely was nearly comatose before she finally got hauled off to the hospital.  Plus the enormous skin cancer left to fester in plain site in Janelle's lip.  

If they do have insurance it's the most basic there is.  

There's also the traveling cold sore - if that's herpes, then I think there's a medication for it? If they had decent insurance, I think they'd have resolved that a long time ago. 

Speaking of insurance, I note that Paedon's rear end at fault accident was settled in arbitration for a total of $30k. Based on the amount, and I believe Nevada liability minimums are 15/30/10k (bodily injury per person/per accident/property damage) and that it's tough to get blood out of a turnip (or rather two turnips since Paedon was an adult at the time of the accident and Kody was apparently the vehicle owner) I think Kody's insurance carrier offered the max available and the other side accepted it.  I also think that the only reason Kody had/has insurance to begin with is because they're either leasing or making car payments and lienholders require that insurance be carried on the vehicle. Also if Nevada (where I think the accident occurred) DMV is like California, auto liability insurance is required to register the vehicle. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

This.  I CAN'T BELIEVE that this family has known for years that Ysabel would need surgery, and they held held expensive weddings (Aspyn and Mykelti) moved to Flagstaff, went on Disney trips, sent Mariah to Westminster, Bali, and grad school, and bought a 900, 000 home!?!  😮  It's absolutely shameful. 😒

If I were Ysabel I would have a clear understanding of what the familial priorities were, and leave as soon as I could!!!  🤨

Plus vacant land for which they paid $800k and $200k down.  Every single Brown adult should be doing everything they can to help, including the selling the above land.  The angels stopped singink a long time ago.

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, toodles said:

Plus vacant land for which they paid $800k and $200k down.  Every single Brown adult should be doing everything they can to help, including the selling the above land.  The angels stopped singink a long time ago.

Good luck finding a buyer, especially now.

Last time I checked Zillow, there were several plots in that same area listed for sale. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
23 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Good luck finding a buyer, especially now.

Last time I checked Zillow, there were several plots in that same area listed for sale. 

They sort of shot themselves in the resale value foot when they televised the realtor cautioning them about bubonic plague.  That probably drove the property values down even more than having the Browns as neighbors would have. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

They’re assholes. Absolute assholes. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, toodles said:

Out of curiosity, was it "family funds" that paid for Mariah to go to Bali, or was it "bank of Meri" that paid for it? As for Ysabel, I doubt Meri's ponying up any funds from the B&B or her LLR business to help out.

• Love 7

I watched a recording of Christine's live stream on FB her she said she had raised 25k of the 50K they need from LLR sales.  Not to excuse the adult Brown's negligence in any way, but I think TLC should kick in some money since they milked Ysabel's storyline for ratings. 

in any case, this whole thing is inexcusable

• Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, MonicaM said:

How many ugly pieces of clothing would they have to sell to make $50,000?  Or even $25,000?  I can't even imagine doing that kind of volume in rags they peddle.  

It is hard to believe she could get $25,000 in sales, so I doubt that $25,000 is profit, which would be needed to pay medical bills. Once she pays for the bulk LuLaCrap and her upline takes their cuts, how much profit does Christine get for each rag sold?

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 8

So not too long ago, Kody took a 150K equity loan, why didn't that go towards the surgery ?  This makes my blood boil that this dipshit family has to raise money to pay for a surgery that they have known was a necessity for YEARS, but no, they continue to buy expensive homes and cars. Why doesn't Christine take out a loan ?  Probably because their credit is now shot ( probably always has been) 

• Love 11

Oh, yeah. "We're pet friendly as long as you cough up $150 and you aren't getting all of that back. That's how friendly we are."

She's as much of a snake oil salesman as her mouthy daughter.

• Love 7
(edited)

> > I goofed - I thought I was in the Small Talk thread. Sorry! < <

Irwin Shaw's 1969 novel Rich Man, Poor Man is available from BookBub's associated e-book sellers until midnight, $1.99 and 676 pages. It tells the story of two brothers in the US, beginning in the 1930s.

It was a 12-episode mini-series in 1976 starring Peter Strauss and Nick Nolte, with Dorothy McGuire as their mother and Ed Asner as their immigrant father. (Dorothy also played the mother in Old Yeller). All four are stellar in their roles and Strauss and Nolte are easy on the eyes.

Do you happen to remember Strauss in the 1979 TV movie The Jericho Mile? He was unjustly imprisoned for murder and his dream as a runner was to qualify for the Olympics. It's a very good story that rips your heart from your chest and hands it to you, and Brian Dennehy co-stars.

Edited by suomi
ETA my mistake
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, deirdra said:

It is hard to believe she could get $25,000 in sales, so I doubt that $25,000 is profit, which would be needed to pay medical bills. Once she pays for the bulk LuLaCrap and her upline takes their cuts, how much profit does Christine get for each rag sold?

10 cents per item of clothing.

15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Seriously.  Don't the Brown clan have ANY other pants to wear besides the ripped Lularoe denim?  ANY other pants?  You are telling me that those are the ONLY type of pants Meri and Christine wear?

• LOL 2
  • Love 5