Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

35 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

I wonder why?

I'm betting it's because of the same comments that I listed.  Although nobody really follows but her sycophants so who knows.

• Love 4

Guests may not enter or exit the kitchen and dining area at any time during your stay.

Upon entering (or re-entering) the premises, please use the hand sanitizer provided at the door.

To help limit the spread of germs and protect our high-risk staff, protective face coverings are required in common areas (Living Room and Parlor) of the house. Masks are not required in rooms or outside.  If you need a mask, please let the staff know and a mask can be provided to you.

Your breakfast will be served on the patio or brought to you to enjoy in your room. Please let staff know upon arrival which option works best for your party. 

Please follow social distancing guidelines (stay at least 6 feet away from staff and other guests, do not shake hands or touch others that you are not living or traveling with) 

Please touch as little as possible in common areas.

Please wash your hands thoroughly and often.

Some of the Covid rules at Lizzie's. 

• Useful 9
(edited)

Utah is in a bad way, the early, favorable Covid stats are rapidly changing - and Meri is opening her home to traveling strangers. What could go wrong?

And the thing is, she's not desperate for her next meal or to pay the mortgage like many business owners are.

Edited by suomi
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, suomi said:

Utah is in a bad way, the early, favorable Covid stats are rapidly changing - and Meri is opening her home to traveling strangers. What could go wrong?

And the thing is, she's not desperate for her next meal or to pay the mortgage like many business owners are.

Oh I dunno, she not only has the Lizzie's mortgage payment but also her multi thousand dollar rental in Flagstaff, plus all the operating costs involved in running a lodging. Even with no customers she still has to pay for insurance, workers comp for her mom and whoever is helping her mom when she's not around, landscaping, maintenance, etc.  I'm not even considering her personal expenses - driving back and forth between places must run up quite a bit of gas and car maintenance bills for one thing.

I wonder if she put away all the dust and germ catching knick knacks?  I guess you can't really hang out inside the house unless you're going to stay in your room or wear a mask inside. Going to Parowan isn't my idea of a fun vacay anyway but eating my breakfast in my room next to the bed or dining Al fresco with a view of the Parowan Prophet...meh.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
7 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Hard to tell from her pictures but it would seem so.  

Would she be able to sell LLR from Lizzies? I would think all her inventory and shipping supplies are in Flagstaff. Is anyone here in her FB VIP group? 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, suomi said:

Do you know that for sure?  Her cousin said that "creative financing" was required to purchase the BnB and it was another last-minute deal, which usually comes with worse terms than a conventional mortgage.

• Love 8

Well, we know the terms of the LLR cruises she has qualified for. They required at least 6 months of ungodly sales, something like $12,000 per month. That's 72k for only half of the year. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I would think Meri is okay financially. Sure, the B&B (and financing Mariah's life) has to be a drain, but she has the LLR money and the TLC money.  From her Instagram photos with different backdrops, she has been spending time in both Flagstaff and Parowan (if the pictures she is posting were taken on or close to the days they are posted).

• Love 3
1 hour ago, suomi said:

Well, we know the terms of the LLR cruises she has qualified for. They required at least 6 months of ungodly sales, something like $12,000 per month. That's 72k for only half of the year. 

It seems that I heard that the $12,000 per month required was for the volume of sales, Meri would net approximately half of that after paying for her inventory.  On top of that, she must have someone else in the background, helping her receive shipments, unpack, hang garments on racks, invoice, pack and ship.  I know Meri prides herself on her efficiency but it takes time to set up the "lives" she does several times a week, PLUS, she frequently "bakes" Rice Krispie treats to include with shipments as a thank you for the order.  She seems to have spent about 50% of her time at the Inn since the pandemic struck and appears to be conducting her "lives" from her home in AZ, so I don't see how she could accomplish all that without paying someone to help her with the nitty gritty chores associated with the business, $12,000 in sales would represent close to 350 garments sold.

Still nothing to sneer at, if she nets $6000 per month from sales, less a salary to someone who may be helping her, it's still a lot more than Janelle would be earning from her "Strive" and I'm sure 10 times anything Robyn ever earned with SWC.

It is possible Meri is handling the LLR business all by herself, she may be directing all of her frustrations and pent-up energy to proving a point.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

and all the shipping costs. I wouldn't be surprised if Meri does it all herself.  At one point Maddie was her "helper" but their rift suggests she didn't have Meri's work ethic.  And Meri seemed to think nothing of driving back & forth between LV & Flag, so she could do Parowan to Flag too just for he "lives" and packing/shipping marathons. That is a lot of gasoline & wear and tear on her latest SUV to pay for too.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 7
(edited)

$6k a month before taxes... considering out of that post tax she has to pay her rent on Flag, mortgage on Parowan (remember there hasn't been any income from the B&B since March), car expenses, personal living expenses and take care of the shortfalls of the B&B earning/expense ratio. I still believe she has yet to see a real profit from Lizzie's.

ETA also keeping in mind the Brown's history of living beyond their means. I don't see Kody or any of the wives - Janelle included - putting aside anything for the future. Even if they were each making $25 million annually, they'd piss it away and be left with nothing at the end of the year.

ETA Again - $6k a month = $72k a year. Pretty modest salary for a high priced area like Flagstaff. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

ETA Again - $6k a month = $72k a year. Pretty modest salary for a high priced area like Flagstaff. 

Looks like she is slightly ahead of the curve if that is her salary.

The average salary in Flagstaff, AZ is $57k. Trends in wages decreased by -100.0 percent in Q1 2020. The cost of living in Flagstaff, AZ is 16 percent higher than the national average. The most popular occupations in Flagstaff, AZ are Process Engineer, Operations Manager, and Mechanical Engineer which pay between $35k and $101k per year. The most popular employers in Flagstaff, AZ are Northern Arizona University (NAU), W. L. Gore & Associates, and Northern Arizona Healthcare

https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Location=Flagstaff-AZ/Salary

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, Kyanight said:

I was wondering where she got the hickey.

I was wondering if it was a rash from wearing a necklace from MSWC, part of the leftover inventory from China, made from anonymous metals.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Sandy W said:
10 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I was wondering if it was a rash from wearing a necklace from MSWC, part of the leftover inventory from China, made from anonymous metals.

My wild imagination is more fun.  It did occur to me that it might be a birthmark, but then I said... nah.  Hickey. But definitely NOT from Kody who wouldn't touch her with a thousand foot pole.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Re: Meri's LulaNo income - She actually sold enough to earn two cruise tickets, which would give her her own cabin.  One article estimated that her annual income from LulaNo $250K, but it was based on the minimum gross sales for two cruise tickets.  It didn't factor all the operating costs.

• Useful 7
(edited)

She turned comments off AGAIN. Wuss. 

Regarding using the cruise award as a barometer of earnings - I suspect it's not 100% accurate. The Browns are the only "celebrities" that LLN has and I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Stidhams gave Meri a generous free upgrade to her own personal first class cabin in order to have her on board.  

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 12

FF971FDB-B1FF-4046-8070-A2D5D45DC5DE.thumb.jpeg.4ea3790e8daf578a3e59b555ecb9a1b7.jpeg

She is ridiculous and insecure. I’m not sure why she bothers filtering herself into oblivion, when we can all see her real turkey neck and dropped-pie face on the TV and internet.

Who does she actually think she’s fooling here? Why does she feel the need to present such a fake facade?

Give it up old Mare, You’re 50, stop trying to be 30. Delete the FaceTune app, put down the marker you use to create those hideous raccoon eyes and just be real like you say you are. No one wants to see your fakery. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 14

Hi Meri!  How did you know we all love to talk about your eyebrows??  You must read here!  Welcome, pull up a chair and let's talk!

We have so many questions!  First of all, do you use a stencil to get those eyebrows drawn on?  Because they are rilly something else.  Do you use a Sharpie?  Can't say I've seen too many people wear brows like that in the real world!  Also, that eyeliner - wow, that's thick.  And the mascara?  How many layers would you say you typically put on - 10?  14?  How can you even keep your eyes open with all that goop on them?  And how do you manage your workouts in full makeup and not sweat it off?  That's a real skill!  Tell us, please!

And based on that latest photo, your face seems to have lost about 20 pounds!  Wow!  I mean, you've basically erased your jawline into oblivion!  You're, like, a filter genius or something!  Did you take a class?  Just wondering!

TTYL!

#KeepingItRill  #HiMeri!!  #WeSoBoredWeTalkAboutYouAllTheTime  #QuarantineQuestionsForMeri  #FlagstaffFilters

• LOL 17
(edited)
7 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

FF971FDB-B1FF-4046-8070-A2D5D45DC5DE.thumb.jpeg.4ea3790e8daf578a3e59b555ecb9a1b7.jpeg

She is ridiculous and insecure. I’m not sure why she bothers filtering herself into oblivion, when we can all see her real turkey neck and dropped-pie face on the TV and internet.

Who does she actually think she’s fooling here? Why does she feel the need to present such a fake facade?

Give it up old Mare, You’re 50, stop trying to be 30. Delete the FaceTune app, put down the marker you use to create those hideous raccoon eyes and just be real like you say you are. No one wants to see your fakery. 

Based on the comments on Reddit, she's fooling a lot of folks who go on about how beautiful she is. 

Especially if you watch the new opening credits for the show, you can see that there is a marked difference - puffy face, downturned mouth, etc. Based on the pics used of the other wives, this was taken with makeup but no filter, maybe some retouching? 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

And the mascara?  How many layers would you say you typically put on - 10?  14?  How can you even keep your eyes open with all that goop on them?  

Right?!! She’s just walking around looking like Halloween all year round. I seriously wonder why she wants her eyes to resemble arachnids? 🕷 Must be a defence mechanism to freak people out and keep them away, part of her invisible ‘Walls’ guarded thing. 692953D2-0561-4B9C-912F-8D5204AF517B.thumb.jpeg.021bb6bc2a55a1d996311bd64aeb3d48.jpeg

I do now see why she needs a huge McMansion rental all the time though, she must go through a tube of mascara and sharpie marker a day, gotta house them Spider-eye supplies somewhere. 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

• LOL 22
(edited)
8 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Where in da heck have you been, Sloth!?! I've missed you!  😜

15 hours ago, Kyanight said:

With the vacuum hose...

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

What Meri is doing is not much different than catfishing--presenting an untruthful, unauthentic version of herself for attention from an adoring audience (who appear to be stupid enough to believe it). 

• Love 12
7 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Where in da heck have you been, Sloth!?! I've missed you!  😜

Aw thanks! sorry been hectic at work, but I’ll try to be here more from now on 😉 

4 hours ago, Turquoise said:

#ILoveMyself, but not enough to post a picture that hasn't been filtered to the nth degree...

Exactly 👏🏼 

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

That room is about as far from "Cozy" as I could imagine.  It's the kind of room you may glance into on your way down a hallway and not conducive to lively conversations.

• LOL 2
  • Love 17
3 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Meri isn't a cozy person so the last thing she'd want is for people to actually BE cozy. 

@AZChristian you've been there. How cozy was it??

We didn't spend time in the parlor. We were either outside or in our room.  But it really was nice. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 13

yeah it kinda reminds me of my mom's living rooms growing up as a kid, she actually STILL has a living room.  No one ever goes in there except maybe on holidays but even then we cluster around the kitchen and family room area.

• Love 6