Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

On 12/8/2022 at 4:53 PM, the-grey-lady said:

For $6k I want a guarantee, in writing, that Meri won't be there.

Well, then, come to MY retreat! For $6K you can choose the menu  and I promise Meri will be absent. 

• LOL 19
On 12/2/2022 at 6:51 PM, GeeGolly said:

Besides Maddie has any kid said something negative about Meri?

Maybe they consider her like an aunt who is always invited for holidays because she’s “fambly” and you have to be nice to her, but you really don’t want to spend too much time in her presence because she’s difficult to get along with. 

• Like 7
7 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Maybe they consider her like an aunt who is always invited for holidays because she’s “fambly” and you have to be nice to her, but you really don’t want to spend too much time in her presence because she’s difficult to get along with. 

I found this but don’t know any details in regards to what’s in the book: 

0A35958B-EBA2-4D02-A381-BDC4E5A73D6F.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Well, then, come to MY retreat! For $6K you can choose the menu  and I promise Meri will be absent. 

Is your place stuffed with dusty tchotchkes?

Are you going to try to convince me to join your downline to sell flimsy, fugly clothes?

Are you fun to hang out with, and not a sourpoass who talks in self-empowerment gibberish?

• LOL 10
7 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

Is your place stuffed with dusty tchotchkes?

Are you going to try to convince me to join your downline to sell flimsy, fugly clothes?

Are you fun to hang out with, and not a sourpoass who talks in self-empowerment gibberish?

Yes, Yes, and No. 

My theory is that once Meri realized nobody was paying her for the retreat she had to really scale back on everything since the cost was coming out of her own pocket. 

• Like 2
  • Love 7
On 12/9/2022 at 12:45 PM, TurtlePower said:

If Kody wants her gone he’s gonna have to scream at her to get out. He might as well, he’s unhinged about everything else. I wish he would and just get it over with. 

Out of where exactly? They haven’t had a shared household since Vegas and he barely sees her.

Frankly, not Kody’s approach but that whole article about Meri’s ideas of their obviously non-existing relationship is disturbing. There’s no shared household, Kody has said several times there’s nothing left and he totally ignores her. On top, Kody has also said that he doesn’t see a future for them and definitely doesn’t want to work on it. Like it or not, but he does have that right. If you ask me, he’s been very, very clear about it. 

The only thing in her defence is the show where he still pretends to be married to three wives. But that bit is limited to the intro only if you ask me. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 3
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, LilyD said:

Out of where exactly? They haven’t had a shared household since Vegas and he barely sees her.

Frankly, not Kody’s approach but that whole article about Meri’s ideas of their obviously non-existing relationship is disturbing. There’s no shared household, Kody has said several times there’s nothing left and he totally ignores her. On top, Kody has also said that he doesn’t see a future for them and definitely doesn’t want to work on it. Like it or not, but he does have that right. If you ask me, he’s been very, very clear about it. 

The only thing in her defence is the show where he still pretends to be married to three wives. But that bit is limited to the intro only if you ask me. 

Meri has been getting less air time, too. If she’s staying because she likes the attention, she’s getting less of it. And now with Janelle likely gone (the news feeds are blowing up this morning with Janelle and her “Just Me” change on IG), there won’t be anything left to film except Janelle’s departure.

My conspiracy theory is that Meri stays because she unrealistically believes that her loyalty will win her points. Kody has not made it clear enough to her that he’s done with her, it’s just not registering. Meri is “disturbed” at the things he’s saying, but it’s not sinking in because she doesn’t want it to be real.

He’s gonna need to say it while the cameras are rolling and file for a restraining order if he wants the buried tick that is Meri Brown to leave. I don’t know why she doesn’t just move back to Vegas — she liked it there and it was closer to her B&B. 

• Like 1
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yeah, even if Meri just said that PRIVATELY, I think people would understand. But I think a big problem Leon had with her regarding the entire situation is that Meri never said “I was wrong.” I have observed that it’s often REALLY hard for people to admit they’re wrong to individuals lower in the social hierarchy than they are. Meri is like Kody in this way. 

Iirc Leon even said “I wish she’d just say she made a mistake/was wrong.” That would definitely have changed things. But that’s Meri…. (And Kody too for that matter) it’s always somebody else’s fault.  You can’t argue with such people.

And quite a few long standing feuds or damaged relationships have begun with situations like this. The person who made the mistake failing to admit so or to say they’re sorry. That’s the first step towards forgiveness. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Iirc Leon even said “I wish she’d just say she made a mistake/was wrong.” That would definitely have changed things. But that’s Meri…. (And Kody too for that matter) it’s always somebody else’s fault.  You can’t argue with such people.

And quite a few long standing feuds or damaged relationships have begun with situations like this. The person who made the mistake failing to admit so or to say they’re sorry. That’s the first step towards forgiveness. 

I remember saying this years ago about forgiveness and rebuilding relationships — you can’t just sweep it under the rug and wait for time to fix it. If you’re not honest, anything you try to build afterwards will be built over a corroded base. 

Instead of admitting wrongdoing, Meri doubled down on her victim status. Leon even said “mom forgot that I WAS THERE for the whole thing”. They also warned Meri that this person was suspected of not being real. Meri dove in hard and pursued the relationship, despite every red flag out there. Then afterwards, “I was a victim, I was tricked, he said all the right things”. What about the things YOU said, Meri? The voicemails are gone as is JO’s Batman page, but I heard them all. Meri called often, was kinda crazy, and used the words “love” a lot. There was even a comparison to Kody, about which Meri told “Sam” that he “wins on all fronts”.

The point of all this is that Meri was not 100% victim. She took part in pursuing this relationship and she went full throttle, ready for takeoff. She even brought in other victims to parade in front of Leon, to which Leon said, “Yeah…… no, I was there that didn’t happen”.

As we’ve said, if she had admitted to being lonely and vulnerable and WRONG for lying about her role, most of us would not be so harsh towards her. It’s hard to be honest and vulnerable — I know because I’ve had to do it. It feels easier to run away. But the wound won’t heal unless it’s cleaned out. 

Meri is hardly ever accountable for her actions. Victim, victim, victim. And now I think she’s trying to become that Batman persona with how she presents herself (filters), bragging about life, money and trips and trying to morph away from herself. She may.as well take the page notbatmanyet, it was blank a few weeks ago.

#catfish #bossbabefilterface #notquitetherealmeribrown #fakingmylife #actuallygrumpy #becauseimfake 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5

I believe Meri when she says she's  right where she wants to be.  She will stay until the last dime is made from this sorry fiasco.  This show is the foundation of her Lulano revenue stream and without it her lifestyle will fall like a house of cards.  Meri is nothing without the show, and she knows it.

As far as Kootie, I honestly believe Meri has finally seen the light.  Something about her body language, her tone of voice, and her verbiage regarding Kootie and their relationship has changed this season.  Too, it may be seeing how Christine and Janelle left alerted her that she's next. 

Maybe she now believes Kootie when he says he's about done with polygamy.  I also denote some contempt for him bubbling up from her insides when she talks about him.  Yeah I think she's done.  😏

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
39 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

I believe Meri when she says she's  right where she wants to be.  She will stay until the last dime is made from this sorry fiasco.  This show is the foundation of her Lulano revenue stream and without it her lifestyle will fall like a house of cards.  Meri is nothing without the show, and she knows it.

As far as Kootie, I honestly believe Meri has finally seen the light.  Something about her body language, her tone of voice, and her verbiage regarding Kootie and their relationship has changed this season.  Too, it may be seeing how Christine and Janelle left alerted her that she's next. 

Maybe she now believes Kootie when he says he's about done with polygamy.  I also denote some contempt for him bubbling up from her insides when she talks about him.  Yeah I think she's done.  😏

I could see that. Meri is a person like any other. It’s hard to hold onto strong feelings for someone without any emotional input from them. I can think she will always have love for Kody (memories and he is the father of her child); but after years of the cold shoulder, anyone would get their emotional needs met elsewhere. 

• Like 2
  • Love 5

With Christine gone and Janelle leaving, Meri is far more likely to believe what she has undoubtedly absorbed at some level. I agree that she doesn't want it to be real, but she really has been more barbed in the few words we've heard from her. Except the ones that said she'd be here for 20 years. I don't believe that at all.

• Love 5

Ok, Kody said it, AGAIN, during a talking head — he doesn’t want a relationship with Meri despite her loyalty. How many more clues does the woman need? It’s been shown you can film while separated and she pretty much is. Reminds me of Wayne’s crazy ex in “Wayne’s World” who wouldn’t leave him be — Kody’s basically said, “Get over it, go out with somebody else” (line from movie to crazy ex). 

https://people.com/tv/sister-wives-kody-brown-doesnt-want-to-be-in-a-relationship-with-first-wife-meri-brown/

20 hours ago, altopower said:

With Christine gone and Janelle leaving, Meri is far more likely to believe what she has undoubtedly absorbed at some level. I agree that she doesn't want it to be real, but she really has been more barbed in the few words we've heard from her. Except the ones that said she'd be here for 20 years. I don't believe that at all.

I do, unless she’s actually evaluating this situation for what it is versus what she wants. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Who else thinks Robyn is whispering to Meri that she may still have a chance?

I absolutely think this. In fact, at some point this season (maybe after Christine told them she was "divorcing" Kody), Robyn and Meri had a private discussion in which Robyn asked her to hang in there with her (a paraphrase).

I mostly feel bad for Meri. I know she largely did in her own relationship with Kody, but that was after decades of just hurting all the time, in this bad family system that is awful for women.

I know she signed up for polygamy, but she was also brought up in polygamy. She was programmed to think this was her eternal destiny. I can't get worked up that she had an emotional affair, while married to a narcissist who is unable to be a good spouse to plural wives (the youngest and newest of whom is clearly his favorite). I can't even get worked up that she hasn't admitted fault in a more full-throated way.

She signed up for the "You can shit on me, but I'll never shit on you" life plan, then had a small fecal leak on the guy who has been shitting on her (and her sister wives) at least since he took his second wife. Should she have had the emotional affair? Nope. But shit happens. 

When Christine was doing her level best to buy into her role in plural marriage (or convince herself and us that she did), she was able to muster or fake enthusiasm. When Janelle was doing her level best to buy into it, she presented herself as the practical, independent woman, who was content to be a bud (or convince herself of those things).

Meri seems bitchier, because she has less artifice. She is lonely, envious (of the moms with more kids, jealous (of her husband's other emotional attachments), and lets it all hang out, because she's incapable of not. The closest she comes to pretending she's okay, is when she clams up. That's all she can manage. And she has no poker face, so even clamming up doesn't even work for her.

I hate all the MLM schemes these women are involved in, but I also think they married a grifter. All they've learned since young adulthood is how to grift, be it government benefits, the TV audience, or now, the willing fools who would be parted from their money by someone, anyhow. So I don't care about her preposterous retreat. (I also don't care about her, Janelle, and Christine doing whatever combination of Luluwhatever and Pink Drink.) They are all scrambling to make sure they have some sort of security. They need to get out of the mess that is this plural marriage, before they fix the other parts of their lives.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

From my upbringing and perspective,, I can't fathom why Meri would stay, or why the others wouldn't leave. 

With the exception of Janelle, the wives seem to repeat the examples of their moms. Total speculation here- just my opinion.

Bonnie was the 1st wife. She stayed thru 4 other wives while the family grew. She stayed with Barber after the other wives left. 

Christine's mother Annie, the 1st wife left, as her mother left Floren LeBaron. Christine has stated that she did not want to be the 1st or second wife. Maybe this is what she learned as a young girl in a polygamous community? Third was easier So? So she did what the religion and the women's advice told her, in an attempt to heal her childhood trauma. I think she stayed so her children would not lose their dad. Her mother's presence in her life helped to heal the trauma, and certain questions about interrupting the flow caused Christine to think outside the box. 

In the end, I think it was her dad that asked the question that gave her permission to leave. 

Robyn's mom Alice was married, had Robyn and divorced. She remarried Sullivan. I dont think Sullivan legally adopted Robyn for fear of prosecution, but enveloped her in his family. Robyn talks about her mom's marriage as a long honeymoon. Imo, she has patterned her marriage to Kody on her Mom's,  learned from Alice's mistakes, fears re: inheritance, and legalities re: plural marriage.

She has had advice in this land grab, and acted on it. I think, in obtaining legal wife status, she was trying to heal some childhood trauma in herself, watching her mother's pain. 

Just my thoughts. I was entrenched in my family's religion and teachings until I was 40. I still revert back to it some times.

• Like 2
  • Useful 5
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Wouldn't surprise me at all. With Meri they can still pretend they're a polygamous family, without actually having to put up with a sister wife. She knows Kody doesn't want Meri in his life, so she's a very safe choice to keep around for show purposes.

• Applause 2
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Wouldn't surprise me at all. With Meri they can still pretend they're a polygamous family, without actually having to put up with a sister wife. She knows Kody doesn't want Meri in his life, so she's a very safe choice to keep around for show purposes.

I think its as much for status and control than it is for the show. SWs is raking in the views so I don't see TLC anywhere near canceling it. Maybe rebranding in a year or two, but they're milking these splits for all its worth. Even if they go with an After Sister Wives type show, I think they'll keep Kody and Robyn around because Janelle and Christine alone would become boring pretty quick. I'm guessing they do a lot of nothing for the majority of their days.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Happy at the news, but also tempered by it being a separation.  After all, she has left and come back before. I do think her hesitation to divorce has something to do with finances and worry over an 'estate' to leave her children and grand babies. No doubt she has been screwed over. I think at this point she can't possibly be made whole, but maybe just slightly less fucked!

Of all the wives, I hope Janelle is the one to write a true tell all and really delves into and exposes all the financial chicanery of the Family Brown. I remain baffled over that clusterbuck!  I want her to mention it all!

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
On 12/12/2022 at 7:45 AM, GeeGolly said:

1,000%.  And I think Kody is on board with this.

23 hours ago, LilyD said:

Without Meri, the show would've folded long ago - her catfish storyline extended this show by several seasons, and Christine and Janelle are keeping it on the air as it sputters to its final season.  Robyn needs Meri to stay, Meri needs someone - anyone - to care about her (even if it's all make-believe) and Kody absolutely has to be aware that Robyn is the one keeping Meri from leaving, so he's in on it too, even as he says he wants nothing to do with her.  Those three can circle the drain together while Christine and Janelle rediscover themselves minus the 180 pounds of hair gel and ego they've been carrying on their shoulders these past 30 years.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4

So ... we knew that hypocrite Kody has done to Meri what he is so mad at Christine for doing to him (unilaterally end their marriage).  But the fact that he apparently did it a long damn time ago and he and Meri discussed it formally is news-ish.  I think, lol.  That they agreed to keep it secret is news, as well.  

It really only makes Meri look more pathetic because it sounds like Kody murdered all hope ages ago, yet she is still lurking around.  I hope the host presses her on why she is staying. 

I am starting to think Meri is staying with the family because she is simply recalcitrant.  Just plain old stubborn.  Maybe it is the way she responds to the question "how do you feel about what you just saw Kody say about your relationship?"  There is no emotion, no tears.  She doesn't say how she feels at all.  Instead, she goes on a subtle rant about how Kody is basically being a hyprocrite because he is so angry at Christine for dumping him without consultation when that is what he did to her.  She seems hung up on the injustice of the way she's been treated, like that matters more than how that treatment has left her feeling.  

I fear Meri may be wasting years of her life engaging in a "right fight" with someone who is emotionally and intellectually dishonest, who makes up his own rules and then changes them as he sees fit.  It's a battle she will never win.  She will never get satisfaction.  

She needs to admit this to herself and move on. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 7

So, him and Robyn finally got what they both wanted? 

But wait, does this mean Kody doesn't get his own special super-dee-duper afterlife planet? I thought he had to have at least 3 wives for that. 

Edited by JayDub1987
  • Like 6
  • LOL 6

I think if the show ends (and how could it continue if Kody is only married to Robyn?) then Meri will beat a hasty retreat.  I think she stays "married" to Kody to stay on the show for the publicity for her businesses.  Without the show, I can't imagine her wanting to stick around.

• Like 5
  • Useful 5

To me what I take out of this is that Kody wanted to continue is live married to Robyn and having a life with her and their kids.  Also continue to pretend for the show’s (and the almighty dollar) sake that he was was still spiritually married to the other 3.   Really, really, really hope show is canceled and Kody and Robyn lose everything!   

• Like 5
  • Applause 7
  • Love 4
55 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I still wonder if she will ever give up.  I guess it’s tough letting go of the show.  

Meri still operates within the world of her mother's stoic faith. The way she just squarely placed all the blame on Kody is perfect. He will be the one shunned. She can say she honored her vow. He gave up. He quit. He wanted to hide everything. He didn't want to be judged. Every single drop of blame falls on his shoulders. This is kind of stealthy of her and I actually love it. Because he has no way of rebutting. He quit. She'd didn't

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
58 minutes ago, MMLEsq said:

I think if the show ends (and how could it continue if Kody is only married to Robyn?) then Meri will beat a hasty retreat.  I think she stays "married" to Kody to stay on the show for the publicity for her businesses.  Without the show, I can't imagine her wanting to stick around.

maybe next season will show the three OG wives and their kids "doing their own thing" with minimal Kody and Robyn screentime. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 6
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, JayDub1987 said:

But wait, does this mean Kody doesn't get his own special super-dee-duper afterlife planet? I thought he had to have at least 3 wives for that. 

I think he quit faking his AUB beliefs quite a number of years ago if he ever believed in this aspect.

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

https://people.com/tv/sister-wives-meri-brown-confirms-kody-split/

not sure if this is new information 

Kody dumped Meri 

I saw this earlier and still wonder: why would Meri consider a reconciliation after seeing that? Why? Why would someone stay where they aren’t wanted? He’s trying to push her out the door and she’s looking back thinking, “Are you sure? I’m loyal!” 

That happy, brave online persona of hers is such trash. When the going gets tough, Meri turns chickenshit. 

• Applause 5
2 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Meri still operates within the world of her mother's stoic faith. The way she just squarely placed all the blame on Kody is perfect. He will be the one shunned. She can say she honored her vow. He gave up. He quit. He wanted to hide everything. He didn't want to be judged. Every single drop of blame falls on his shoulders. This is kind of stealthy of her and I actually love it. Because he has no way of rebutting. He quit. She'd didn't

But Meri is reliant on her husband to "call her through the veil" to his special planet, or else she lives in some kind of plyg purgatory forever.  If Kody hates Meri he is unlikely to call her to his planet.  And - without three wives - he doesn't even GET a planet.

If Meri is sticking it out for the sake of her faith, she needs to reconsider things because as it stands right now, eternity doesn't look so good for her! 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

Is this (hopefully*) the end of the infamous Sister Wives saga? Why else would Kody now publicly give up on Janelle and Meri? If there was a chance for another season aka TLC pay check, he wouldn't pass it over and certainly deny any rumors about spiritual divorces.

* I'd love to see this train wreck coming to an end though I'll be sorry for what it means to this forum!

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
3 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

But Meri is reliant on her husband to "call her through the veil" to his special planet, or else she lives in some kind of plyg purgatory forever.  If Kody hates Meri he is unlikely to call her to his planet.  And - without three wives - he doesn't even GET a planet.

If Meri is sticking it out for the sake of her faith, she needs to reconsider things because as it stands right now, eternity doesn't look so good for her! 

I don't think she's doing it for the sake of the faith itself. However, she is the product of 27 children and five wives - each with tentacles into the community. Kody is publicly trying to argue that Christine and Janelle gave up and that they were the ones at fault. But he can't do that with Meri. She cornered him and called him out on every level- she made him leave.  She gets to play martyr (something she's always done) and he gets to be labeled quitter in the polygamous world - and an ass in every other world.

• Like 6
  • Applause 4

I honestly think part of it all is Meri still loves Kody and she wants him back.

Came back to add, love isn't like a switch you can to turn off when someone rejects you.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Is this (hopefully*) the end of the infamous Sister Wives saga? Why else would Kody now publicly give up on Janelle and Meri? If there was a chance for another season aka TLC pay check, he wouldn't pass it over and certainly deny any rumors about spiritual divorces.

* I'd love to see this train wreck coming to an end though I'll be sorry for what it means to this forum!

Same. I think we’ll just need to sleuth harder and see what they’re doing (or not doing in the case of Robyn).

Hopefully there’s one more season of this Chernobyl-level family meltdown (Meri’s still probably hanging on: coming season 1 GIF by Dream Corp LLC

2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I honestly think part of it all is Meri still loves Kody and she wants him back.

I do also, but she can’t take a hint. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, JayDub1987 said:

He can still “marry” again and he doesn’t seem to be choosy. Just needs to find someone desperate enough to need a little bit of attention from a showboater, or what I really hope for, is someone who will turn the tables on him and Robin. Surely there is a hot mail order bride escort type who sees the light and also needs a green card. They’d have to get married to keep her in the country, sorry Robin. Not really sorry. 

7 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Came back to add, love isn't like a switch you can to turn off when someone rejects you.

I think she does, too, and would stay around hoping ROBYN would leave and she could reclaim her spot. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I was pretty impressed with Meri's answer about Kody wanting to reconcile. She called Kody out without calling Kody out. Meri basically said, yea no, Kody didn't want me back, I was there. Of course it also shows her skill as a master manipulator, so there's that.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

If Kody hates Meri he is unlikely to call her to his planet.  And - without three wives - he doesn't even GET a planet.

NO PLANET FOR YOU! GET OUT!

(Who knew that Soup Nazi quotes could be used for Sister Wives? Not me!)

image.png.ca9a50bbb6542fa9d1ada4d6af38acda.png

Edited by gingerella
  • LOL 14
16 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

He can still “marry” again and he doesn’t seem to be choosy. Just needs to find someone desperate enough to need a little bit of attention from a showboater, or what I really hope for, is someone who will turn the tables on him and Robin. Surely there is a hot mail order bride escort type who sees the light and also needs a green card. They’d have to get married to keep her in the country, sorry Robin. Not really sorry. 

Oh, I can't imagine he finds another wife. The Good Bitch Wife would never go for that. Besides, what if it messed with sweet, young, innocent Dagum's routine? After all, he's only what...22, 23? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
On 12/15/2022 at 4:46 PM, GeeGolly said:

I was pretty impressed with Meri's answer about Kody wanting to reconcile. She called Kody out without calling Kody out. Meri basically said, yea no, Kody didn't want me back, I was there. Of course it also shows her skill as a master manipulator, so there's that.

Why do you think she is a master manipulator? (Not arguing, I just don't see it, so I'm curious what you see. I just mostly see her as a pitiful figure.)

9 hours ago, dariafan said:

I wonder if Meri and Kody ever notice they are the same person ?

How so? He is such an attention whore -- I truly think he is a narcissist. Meri has all sorts of problems and flaws, but I don't think she's like Kody. What am I missing?

• Like 4