Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, gingerella said:

What Happens in Parawan, Stays in Parawan.

I predict it being pretty much nothing but boredom, unless she’s contracted with someone else to come out and lead this thing. And then still, what are they gonna do? Go outside and freeze?

For $6k she better be flying them on a private jet to a private resort in Jamaica or something, complete with the finest champagne en route. I don’t see how anyone was willing to pay this, but apparently someone did. the challenge johnny bananas GIF by 1st Look

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

She posted a photo that implies she did that Tony Roberts fire walk bullshit, so my guess is she's trying to recreate that experience but instead of a fire walk, she's doing a fire pit 'hang'. I wonder if she'll splurge for smores for that fire pit, or maybe that's just for VIP people...

• LOL 10
4 minutes ago, gingerella said:

She posted a photo that implies she did that Tony Roberts fire walk bullshit, so my guess is she's trying to recreate that experience but instead of a fire walk, she's doing a fire pit 'hang'. I wonder if she'll splurge for smores for that fire pit, or maybe that's just for VIP people...

Did you read the comments on that post, by chance?

I’m shocked she hasn’t scrubbed comments on so many posts recently.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, General Days said:

Since they had to sign NDAs, I wonder if we'll see anonymous Reddit posts about Meri's weekend.

*pops popcorn in anticipation*

19 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Day 1
12:00AM - Woke up to my alarm, I packed up my car and headed on the highway to Parawan.
3:00AM - Why is there no places to stop to pee?
4:00AM - Got a flat tire, thought I was being followed so swerved off road into a ditch.
5:00AM-fixed flat and now have to pee again............

Now THIS is what I buy popcorn for!  Can't WAIT for the next installment!

• Like 1
  • Wink 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 10
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

It could be the NDA is specific to anything Meri says about her personal life.

Interesting... particularly because the entire family does a pretty piss-poor job in keeping the Sister Wives Saga alive on social media. Their own posts are full of spoilers and show no signs of the happy polygamous life. Their "secrets" are out in the open, whether TLC likes it or not. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Interesting... particularly because the entire family does a pretty piss-poor job in keeping the Sister Wives Saga alive on social media. Their own posts are full of spoilers and show no signs of the happy polygamous life. Their "secrets" are out in the open, whether TLC likes it or not. 

The skeptic in me sometimes thinks its the reverse. They purposefully don't post images of family visiting and getting along - so as to play the dramatic schism that plays out on television or the mystery of "omg do you think another one left?"

For instance Janelle would be an idiot to not capitalize on her recent boost in popularity - which operates on the assumption that maybe she left. She's got to lean into that angle publicly.

Regarding an NDA requirement - it would honestly be stupid not to require one...(though equally stupid to pay $6000 in the first place).

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

I’m curious why. 

Because anything she says or does can be used against her. It's protection. There are people who may just pay that amount of money to try to find those gotcha moments. She's already been publicly humiliated and scammed a number of times. Legally, she needs protection.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 11/7/2022 at 2:33 PM, TurtlePower said:

THIS!!! Who would want to go to Blandtown, Utah to some old, creaky house?!?

I’ll take Hawaii. 

I live within an hour of Blandtown, Utah. I wonder what she would charge me if I had my own accommodations at my own home and didn't need to stay at the inn or some other random house in Blandtown? Is it still $6k?

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
2 hours ago, I8A 4RE said:

I live within an hour of Blandtown, Utah. I wonder what she would charge me if I had my own accommodations at my own home and didn't need to stay at the inn or some other random house in Blandtown? Is it still $6k?

Definitely! It's probably $8K if you live close enough to not need the "luxurious digs"!! LOL!

• LOL 8

I8A 4RE:  Why don't you do a little drive-by this weekend and see what's going on!  I mean, unless you have an actual LIFE or something!  I think we're all really curious about the fabulous, fantastic retreat at Meri's B & B.  I'd do it but I live in Texas.

Just a thought.

• Applause 4
  • LOL 7
4 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Because anything she says or does can be used against her. It's protection. There are people who may just pay that amount of money to try to find those gotcha moments. She's already been publicly humiliated and scammed a number of times. Legally, she needs protection.

And this is where she needs to just say who cares, I'm human. So somebody heard me fart. Make a joke about it and go on. People will actually LIKE you for that. She is so damn guarded. That is her biggest problem.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Not sure if I'm following you here? Yes, of course if her actions involved some criminal offence but that's not the case. Or in case someone spilled the beans on something very awkward or a secret worth keeping for the show, but she already refuses to answer any questions related to SW or the family, meaning there's little to disclose anyways.

Most (very) famous people let their staff sign NDAs, but that makes sense as it involves their privacy and their staff gets an intimate look into that. They don't make money by broadcasting their daily lives and all about their kids on tv , nor do they let cameras into their safe sanctuary called home. The Browns do, that's how they make money. So there's little privacy there that needs to be protected anyways. If she wants an NDA purely because she's afraid of humiliation or criticism, I'd recommend she starts with limiting and carefully checking what she posts on SM herself. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 9
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Definitely! It's probably $8K if you live close enough to not need the "luxurious digs"!! LOL!

I’m still rolling my eyes at this. Given how often Meri travels, you’d think she’d know what this actually means. Her big, old house might have been considered “luxurious” in the early 1800s, but now? At curiosity at most.

I think Meri and I have different ideas of luxurious — for 6k I’d be needing a large jacuzzi tub, the best champagne (I don’t drink but would make an exception for this), room service and high-end meals cooked by someone like Gordon Ramsay himself, a huge and comfy bed with mood lighting built in, voice controlled everything (Alexa this, Alexa that), a high-end salon, an arboretum, a garden, a gym and a spa. And even then, the last place I’d wanna be is in Utah in almost winter unless it was for skiing (and then I’d be at a chalet because let’s face it, Meri is not capable of ANY of the above).  If people don’t come out of this angry, I’ll be surprised.

There’s celebrities I really like but i’d be upset with them if they charged 6k for a weekend like this, unless it was to be spent shopping and spa-ing in Beverly Hills or Paris or some such. I still can’t believe ANYONE is gullible enough to take her bait. 

Edited by TurtlePower
Additional
  • Like 1
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Legally, she needs protection.

What sensitive information would Meri be protecting? Seems a bit out there. Do others who hold such retreats use them? I find that unlikely. If it is because TLC is filming, that’s another reason I wouldn’t even want to be near it.

Depending on the wording, and what is considered protected information, it wouldn’t hold up anyway.

• Love 8

Honestly, if she has to go through all the legal business of getting an NDA drafted and making the participants sign it then maybe she shouldn't be hosting a retreat in the first place.  Come up with another scam to bilk your sycophants out of their hard-earned money.

Of course, for all we know, she's NOT hosting a retreat.  I am waiting on @Mahamid Frauded Me's next installment to find out........😉

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Honestly, if she has to go through all the legal business of getting an NDA drafted and making the participants sign it then maybe she shouldn't be hosting a retreat in the first place.  Come up with another scam to bilk your sycophants out of their hard-earned money.

Of course, for all we know, she's NOT hosting a retreat.  I am waiting on @Mahamid Frauded Me's next installment to find out........😉

This. 

• LOL 4
21 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

My diary entry from Day 1

Well we just finished lunch and we were told to clean up after ourselves. Meri got all excited and told us to strap on our walking shoes as we were headed to Parowan Pond to take in the wildlife. We walked the few blocks and I said "Wow, now I see what a real pond looks like and not that of a drainage ditch like on Coyote Pass", I got the stink eye from her because apparently I was not supposed to bring up anything show related. She handed us each a bag of Great Value white bread to feed the ducks as she was snapping selfies of herself. After about an hour and one of the ducks chasing MaryLee (another retreater from Butte) probably due to her flashy LuLu leggings, we left to trek another few blocks to see this cabin museum. We were told the small cabin was built in 1 day back in the 1920s, gee, so much faster than anything being built on Coyote Pass.
Around 4:30PM, Meri abruptly ends our tour to head back to the inn. 
We get back to the Inn and we finally get to see our rooms for the next 3 nights. I guess my early arrival pissed Meri off so we got stuck in the "haunted room" apparently. Brenda wanted to flip a coin to see who got what side of the bed, I lost. We finally go downstairs and Meri or Jenn whipped us up some carnation instant hot cocoa and a plate of fig newtons. I have to say, I was dissapointed not to try one of the krispie treats, well maybe for dessert.
Before dinner we were subjected to the winter line of LuLu newest items, which were all available for purchase at retail.
7:00PM - Dinner has arrived.  We had dinner delivered from Mountain Bistro, oh sounds good and comfort food, until I realized it was Chinese take-out and we each were only allowed to have one egg roll. Probably a good thing because eggrolls and Brenda really don't mix well. Before we ate, we each had to go around the table and tell why we were thankful to be in Meri's presence. Most everyone said they wanted to be their own boss babe and they were thankful about being given the opportunity to learn from her, I on the otherhand said I was just thankful that my credit card upped my limit to afford this trip, more stink eye from Meri.
After dinner we all went outside to sit by a firepit and talk about dreams and future, mine was getting up to my room to down a few shots of fireball. We sat silently outside until Carmen (another retreater from Mountain Home, Idaho) couldn't feel her toes anymore due to potential frost-bite, we went back inside.
Meri stood up and said, well end of day 1 was great, more instore tomorrow about empowerment, living your why and more fun things coming. We were told not to go into the kitchen for late night snacks and that if we wanted anything we needed to pay for it and the 4.00 for the bottled water. She said lights out at 9pm sharp. 
I went up to the room and downed some fireball, only to realize that the TV only got 3 channels and I had already saw that episode of Law and Order, SVU. 

Its about 330AM, and I can't sleep. Brenda wasn't lying about her gas issues and the pillows had this musty smell to them. I thought I saw the chair move, could that have been the ghost of Sarah or whatever her name was? As long as the bitch doesn't get into my fireball she can stay. I am going to try and push Brenda to her side of the bed and get some sleep. More tomorrow.

It’s so real!  I feel like I’m really there!  

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 11

I think the OG3's online presence has been purposely individual as to not give away what will be featured on the show. Other than births and weddings, I think they tried hard not to give anything away.

At his point though, other than Janelle leaving Kody not much is unknown. These season revealed so much now almost everything is out there.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

What sensitive information would Meri be protecting? Seems a bit out there. Do others who hold such retreats use them? I find that unlikely. If it is because TLC is filming, that’s another reason I wouldn’t even want to be near it.

Depending on the wording, and what is considered protected information, it wouldn’t hold up anyway.

3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I'm not in favor of this scam that she's hosting.  And she's a Z list celebrity. I understand that.

But it's not uncommon for "celebrities" to have people they are spending alot of time with sign NDAs. Heck they do it before one night stands now. And at exclusive resorts and parties.

If Meri gets "WASTED" and passes out half naked one night, after some campfire fun, she surely doesn't want that in the tabloids. Or as others have said, if this endeavor completely bombs, that's not something she wants others talking about. She should have her lawyers draft one. Likely she's justing using an online template. 

And yes, of course she shouldn't get wasted... but this is Meri we are talking about. She's not necessarily known for calm restraint.

I'm just saying if you are going to let all those strangers into your home for several days, you need to be able to control the narrative. Especially with how hated she is by many.

And again - I'm not in favor of this particular scam. It's dumb in general -- but if she's going to do it  - it would be even more stupid to do it and just let random people in to survey you without any control over what they say afterward.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Like 1
  • Useful 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I'm just saying if you are going to let all those strangers into your home for several days, you need to be able to control the narrative. Especially with how hated she is by many.

And again - I'm not in favor of this particular scam. It's dumb in general -- but if she's going to do it  - it would be even more stupid to do it and just let random people in to survey you without any control over what they say afterward.

But isn't that exactly what a b&b is all about? Letting strangers into your "home". Then hoping for good reviews after... 

Wonder if you have to sign an NDA just to book a room at the b&b?

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 2
24 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

But isn't that exactly what a b&b is all about? Letting strangers into your "home". Then hoping for good reviews after... 

Wonder if you have to sign an NDA just to book a room at the b&b?

The B and B is a place to stay and you may or may not interact with Meri.

The retreat is billed as "time with Meri."  I am not saying the concept of this retreat is smart. It's not. I'm saying that if you are going to do something so stupid like host this retreat and offer that much access to total strangers - an NDA is the least you could do.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, gingerella said:

How can it be that nobody at this 'retreat' has posted on social media?!? I mean, is it rilly rill?

They can't do to the NDA. Not that there is much of a chance of anyone actually attending it. It was kind of a smart move on Meri's part. That way she can hide the fact that no one signed up.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

According to the inn's website, photos of the retreat are included, so I guess that's her way of controlling the optics. So let's see if she shares any of these photos. Also, I just went on her FB page to see if she has posted anything, but all that's there is the announcement from a few weeks ago with a shit load of negative comments. She must have forgotten to delete them.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

So there are people who willingly paid $6000 to stay in that depressing looking Inn to spend time with Meri and then they can't talk about the retreat becasue fo a NDA. Who was it who said a fool and his money are soon parted? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

Am I to understand the NOBODY here is close enough to do a drive by or literally drive up and walk in, pretending to want to 'view rooms' before booking? NObody here lives close enough to take one for the team? For the love of all that's holy, you Utah pervs need to step.it.up. 😂

ETA: I spoke too soon... Be that as it may, I count 8 women not including Meri. I assume Jenn is there so that would mean there are 7 idiots who ponies up thousands of dollars to get rilly rill with Meri? I wouldn't be surprised if she charged them the Inn's going rate and made them sign an NDA to not dosose what they rilly paid. As in she's trying to make it look like 7 people actually paid thousands to be in her presence...

Edited by gingerella
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

IDK, Meri has nearly 800k followers, odds are a couple dozen of those are fans with money. With that said, hopefully at least one of the ladies who showed up is a creative snarker with plans to spill the tea.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

4071EC3F-146F-4449-847A-DDE44129EA10.jpeg

These people had 6k lying around for nothing better than to spend it on Meri Brown. It’s a free country……….🙄 

Let’s just feed her greedy ego some more, shall we? So far it’s Zion — big deal. A national parks yearly pass is $80. Hotels these days are $150. Plane tickets vary but let’s say $500. So far, we aren’t even at $1,000. These women are being ripped off (but, it’s their money to waste — which hopefully they didn’t draw from their children’s college funds or take out a loan to do this). 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Like 4
  • Love 6

I was scrolling around IG and atumbked upon this post, which basically says the retreat is likely to rope folk into another MLM, it sort of all makes sense now, except for the exorbitant price tag:

Screenshot_20221119-213255_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20221119-213521_Instagram.jpg

Edited by gingerella
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Fire 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, gingerella said:

I was scrolling around IG and atumbked upon this post, which basically says the retreat is likely to rope folk into another MLM, it sort of all makes sense now, except for the exorbitant price tag:

Screenshot_20221119-213255_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20221119-213521_Instagram.jpg

😡 I didn’t think it was possible to dislike Meri Brown any more than I already do, but here we are.

I knew the positivity stuff she posts was BS but, wow. Meri Brown might as well be Jackie Overton, it’s just a different type of scam. 

The author is spot on in the observation of Meri’s sour face — that’s the real Meri, in the raw. She’s an ugly person on the inside and it permeates through her pores to the outside and we see it when she can’t use her beloved filters.  Meri is a fraudulent, nasty, apex predator of a person who is the opposite of confident — her lack of confidence makes her  obnoxiously bossy. If she were in high school right now, she’d be the bully.

Faking her life and “buying” her friends circle is all she has because she is an unkind, dreadful person. It’s written all over that peevish, bitter face of hers. 

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 7
  • Love 4

I remember a couple of times that Misery Meri put the blame on Christine, so Kootie wouldn't be mad at her.  Once it was the table arrangement for a large family gathering, and another time with the umbrella arrangement at the beach in Hawaii.  Meri joked about  it, and I thought it was just plain mean to try to deflect Kootie's peevishness toward Christine.

All that bullshit "empowerment" crap Meri posts is by design, so she can con gullible people into her downline, and line her own pockets.  

5 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

😡 I didn’t think it was possible to dislike Meri Brown any more than I already do, but here we are.

I knew the positivity stuff she posts was BS but, wow. Meri Brown might as well be Jackie Overton, it’s just a different type of scam. 

The author is spot on in the observation of Meri’s sour face — that’s the real Meri, in the raw. She’s an ugly person on the inside and it permeates through her pores to the outside and we see it when she can’t use her beloved filters.  Meri is a fraudulent, nasty, apex predator of a person who is the opposite of confident — her lack of confidence makes her  obnoxiously bossy. If she were in high school right now, she’d be the bully.

Faking her life and “buying” her friends circle is all she has because she is an unkind, dreadful person. It’s written all over that peevish, bitter face of hers. 

ALL of this.  

• Like 5
  • Love 8

What is up with Meri's hair?  In this season's Talking Head segments, she looks like it was attacked by a weed whacker, parted on the right and every which way on the left. It looks awful. Then in the episodes themselves, it looks smoother and not quite so weird. But in her over the top IG posts, she parts on the OTHER side and makes her hair super smooth and sleek as well as puting on pounds of makeup. I'm very distracted by her hair every time she shows up on the screen.

Clearly this is not an important thing but since it keeps bugging me, thought I'd mention it.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, altopower said:

What is up with Meri's hair?  In this season's Talking Head segments, she looks like it was attacked by a weed whacker, parted on the right and every which way on the left. It looks awful. Then in the episodes themselves, it looks smoother and not quite so weird. But in her over the top IG posts, she parts on the OTHER side and makes her hair super smooth and sleek as well as puting on pounds of makeup. I'm very distracted by her hair every time she shows up on the screen.

Clearly this is not an important thing but since it keeps bugging me, thought I'd mention it.

The different sides for her part depend on how she takes the picture. The picture is flipped. I agree it looks like crap, regardless.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The different sides for her part depend on how she takes the picture. The picture is flipped. I agree it looks like crap, regardless.

Her haircut isn’t bad when it’s smoothed out, the style and colour suit her (can’t believe I’m saying that but, credit where it’s due). The messy choppy look I don’t care for, but her hair is better than it’s been in recent years (brassy yellow straw in desperate need of conditioning treatments and toner). The darker shade looks good on her. 

• Like 6