Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, General Days said:

Why do you think she is a master manipulator? (Not arguing, I just don't see it, so I'm curious what you see. I just mostly see her as a pitiful figure.)

How so? He is such an attention whore -- I truly think he is a narcissist. Meri has all sorts of problems and flaws, but I don't think she's like Kody. What am I missing?

In this instance it appeared to me Meri was saying Kody is lying about saying he wanted to reconcile. 

I think it takes a lot of 'skill' to be able to subtly dis someone in 1.2 seconds. I'm guessing this is one of the ways Meri manipulated Kody for all those years. She throws out these sideways darts so quickly and quietly they almost go unnoticed, even more so when she bookends them with her bluntness.

So back in the day, when Meri was the puppet master, she likely indirectly dissed Janelle and Christine, and Kody would adopt her opinion without knowing it. One of Meri's favorite phrases is, "I don't see it". IMO, when Meri says that phrase, she's saying, "I'm right and you're (or they're) wrong". I think the same thing happened in the interview. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

In this instance it appeared to me Meri was saying Kody is lying about saying he wanted to reconcile. 

I think it takes a lot of 'skill' to be able to subtly dis someone in 1.2 seconds. I'm guessing this is one of the ways Meri manipulated Kody for all those years. She throws out these sideways darts so quickly and quietly they almost go unnoticed, even more so when she bookends them with her bluntness.

So back in the day, when Meri was the puppet master, she likely indirectly dissed Janelle and Christine, and Kody would adopt her opinion without knowing it. One of Meri's favorite phrases is, "I don't see it". IMO, when Meri says that phrase, she's saying, "I'm right and you're (or they're) wrong". I think the same thing happened in the interview. 

I see meri as a manipulator also, except she’s lost control over Kody because, Robyn.

Everything she tries to do on social media is manipulative, from the stupid cryptic posts (which people are sick of) to the filtering (also sick of). Even during the interview she’s trying to dodge direct questions (at least in the previews so far).

Also during a preview, Meri said Kody hadn’t said anything to her about being split up and 20 seconds later she’s saying Kody questioned her calling him on their anniversary because they weren’t a couple. That’s called lying — he DID say something to Meri about not being a couple and she suggested addressing it, but he didn’t want to. Just seconds earlier,  Meri claimed he’d never said anything to her. Meri was just caught in a lie. 

I like the way both Janelle and Christine handled their splits — one said nothing, one was direct. And then there’s Meri and her cryptic nonsense. 

Edited by TurtlePower
Double post, revisions
  • Like 1
  • Applause 6
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Okay, thanks. I understand what you mean. I do think women in plural marriage must have to hone their manipulation skills (sometimes unknowingly) as a survival mechanism. Even in the happiest plyg families, there would be unwitting or non-malicious competition for the husband's time, attention, resources, etc. I mean, even in monogamous marriage, there are times you need/want your spouse, but they also have to pay attention to something else (work, interests, parents, etc.).

I also just don't think Meri is very good at manipulation, so I think it was the "master" in  "master manipulator" that wasn't computing for me. 

I don't think any of the wives (even Robyn) are puppet masters, and I don't really subscribe to the HBIC theory for the Brown family. I don't think they think of legal marriage as something that gives them a special status (except for the practical, legal, next of kin status). 

2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I see meri as a manipulator also, except she’s lost control over Kody because, Robyn.

Everything she tries to do on social media is manipulative, from the stupid cryptic posts (which people are sick of) to the filtering (also sick of). Even during the interview she’s trying to dodge direct questions (at least in the previews so far).

Also during a preview, Meri said Kody hadn’t said anything to her about being split up and 20 seconds later she’s saying Kody questioned her calling him on their anniversary because they weren’t a couple. That’s called lying — he DID say something to Meri about not being a couple and she suggested addressing it, but he didn’t want to. Just seconds earlier,  Meri claimed he’d never said anything to her. Meri was just caught in a lie. 

I like the way both Janelle and Christine handled their splits — one said nothing, one was direct. And then there’s Meri and her cryptic nonsense. 

Oh, see above. I think they're all manipulators, because I think that's a by-product of the plural family system. I just don't think Meri's a master at it.

I don't see what she has said about Kody and the split as a lie. Since her emotional affair/catfishing thing, they haven't been a couple in any meaningful sense of the word. That's different from saying a marriage is over, imo.

I do get frustrated when she is cryptic, though, and I don't think she does herself any favors with that, either in the court of public opinion, or within the Brown family. 

Edited by General Days
  • Like 2

I wonder if Meri will still spend the holidays with Kody and Robyn….I mean she will presumably maintain her relationships with the kids, right?  Or, will she plan to be with friends this year or even in Colorado with Leon?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Agree, Meri lost control over Kody years ago, and this time her darts were thrown at him rather than to him. I agree Meri tells lies too.

IMO, Christine's IG statement about leaving Kody was directed by TLC. Janelle isn't saying anything on SM (other than "just me") because it will be addressed in the last episode. Meri, IMO is being cryptic because she hasn't given up.

Also, the upcoming tell-all was filmed a couple of months ago. If Janelle is announcing now that she's separated from Kody now, when did the separation happen? This season of Sister Wives ended before Christmas of 2021. We have almost a year between the last episode and Janelle's announcement, so does this mean Janelle and Kody were still together for most of 2022? So next season will be about them separating? Or is Janelle and Kody lying now to keep the super sleuths at bay and to keep the show going?

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

Do we know if Kody was ever as direct with Meri in person as he was in his talking heads?  That's what I took from her comment - that she knew he didn't love her but didn't know he was vocalizing wishes that she'd find another man and move on.  And even if he had said something like that to her, to be faced with the airing of it on a show episode had to have hurt.  I don't think anyone deserves that.

This may not match up with reality at all, but in my head, I assumed Christine had to make a public announcement because she sold her house & moved to Utah in real time long before the show caught up.  People / press really do follow those things and wouldn't hesitate to blast it on the internet - I assumed Christine wanted to put the info out on her own terms.  With Janelle & Meri, there wouldn't necessarily be any outside indicators when or if either of them "left Kody" so no need to get ahead of internet buzz.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Agree, Meri lost control over Kody years ago, and this time her darts were thrown at him rather than to him. I agree Meri tells lies too.

IMO, Christine's IG statement about leaving Kody was directed by TLC. Janelle isn't saying anything on SM (other than "just me") because it will be addressed in the last episode. Meri, IMO is being cryptic because she hasn't given up.

Also, the upcoming tell-all was filmed a couple of months ago. If Janelle is announcing now that she's separated from Kody now, when did the separation happen? This season of Sister Wives ended before Christmas of 2021. We have almost a year between the last episode and Janelle's announcement, so does this mean Janelle and Kody were still together for most of 2022? So next season will be about them separating? Or is Janelle and Kody lying now to keep the super sleuths at bay and to keep the show going?

The tell all was filmed in September of this year, and Janelle mentions they've been separated for several months at that time.  It seems like it might be since around April when they are considering themselves separated - which coincides with when Janelle went to Portugal on her dream trip and took her sister.

• Like 8
  • Useful 3
5 hours ago, General Days said:

Oh, see above. I think they're all manipulators, because I think that's a by-product of the plural family system. I just don't think Meri's a master at it.

I don't see what she has said about Kody and the split as a lie. Since her emotional affair/catfishing thing, they haven't been a couple in any meaningful sense of the word. That's different from saying a marriage is over, imo.

I do get frustrated when she is cryptic, though, and I don't think she does herself any favors with that, either in the court of public opinion, or within the Brown family.

Meri is certainly the more annoying and overtly problematic. She definitely has issues with emotional regulation and so I think these traits actually undermined her ability to be some master manipulator. The other three were far more subtle in their tactics and likely much more effective in forming that power shield that iced Meri out. 

They are all manipulative because that is exactly what people do when forced into this power structure which makes them compete. The goal of "the principle" is to learn "selflessness" which really means - defeat and powerlessness. Women will reproduce and manipulate to try to preserve some type of control when faced with this confinement and expectation.

Meri is manipulative. She is cryptic. She does have skill, but she's not any more masterful  than the others. They each have false personas. They each have been lying on air for years and they are also still lying on social media. Christine's constant goddess proclamations. Janelle's 10,031st reset... "Separated"  - what? Tune in next season.

I do think Meri was able to level Kody here and I applaud her for that. She called him out with some subtle dissection which is impressive. It must have felt good to take the muzzle off for a while. 

But we won't know anything until we hear more. I fear that this show is still going to be sold as Meri and Robyn against Janelle and Christine. And that part really irritates me, because that's just more of "the principle" in play.

• Like 5
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, GeorgiaRai said:

Do we know if Kody was ever as direct with Meri in person as he was in his talking heads?  That's what I took from her comment - that she knew he didn't love her but didn't know he was vocalizing wishes that she'd find another man and move on.  And even if he had said something like that to her, to be faced with the airing of it on a show episode had to have hurt.  I don't think anyone deserves that.

I think the closest he's come (on the show anyway) is telling her that she should move to Parowan. That seemed to get her attention. They all seem to have a problem with communication and use the couch interviews to air their grievances. Even when they do try to communicate (the patio talks), it's like they're talking in code most of the time.

• Like 9
On 12/12/2022 at 2:06 PM, Art Of Noiz said:

From my upbringing and perspective,, I can't fathom why Meri would stay, or why the others wouldn't leave. 

With the exception of Janelle, the wives seem to repeat the examples of their moms. Total speculation here- just my opinion.

Bonnie was the 1st wife. She stayed thru 4 other wives while the family grew. She stayed with Barber after the other wives left. 

Janelle and her mom left the Lds for this polygamous religion.  Janelle left her first husband—Meri’s brother—-because he wanted to become LDS.  POLYGAMY was a decision on her part and I think it was hard for her to admit the decision she made was wrong especially since her mom stayed in it until death.  Also not having grown up in it, she probably understood it less than the others so maybe she was more comfortable as a buddy because she thought that was the role of a second wife.

As for Meri, the polygamous life began when she was about six years old. I think her mom was a true believer and pressured Meri to stick with Kody. She may have sold Meri on the idea that Kody would tire of Robyn and run back to Meri. I think having been the original wife, Meri wants a chance to reprise that role despite the fact that the chance of that happening is zero. 

or not.  Just my theory and I am sticking to it for at least today. 

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
23 hours ago, General Days said:

Okay, thanks. I understand what you mean. I do think women in plural marriage must have to hone their manipulation skills (sometimes unknowingly) as a survival mechanism. Even in the happiest plyg families, there would be unwitting or non-malicious competition for the husband's time, attention, resources, etc. I mean, even in monogamous marriage, there are times you need/want your spouse, but they also have to pay attention to something else (work, interests, parents, etc.).

I also just don't think Meri is very good at manipulation, so I think it was the "master" in  "master manipulator" that wasn't computing for me. 

I don't think any of the wives (even Robyn) are puppet masters, and I don't really subscribe to the HBIC theory for the Brown family. I don't think they think of legal marriage as something that gives them a special status (except for the practical, legal, next of kin status). 

I called it a lie because Meri said Kody never said anything to her about not being together, but he clearly did on the phone call in question (anniversary). Meri asked Kody if they should tell the public their status and Kody said no, he doesn’t want that kind of judgment.

To me, that says they both knew it was over. Moments earlier, Meri said that she denied Kody telling her anything like that. He had — they discussed it on their last anniversary. Meri’s feigned attempt at confusion over the clip of Kody was BS. They talked about being split up. 

Edited by TurtlePower
Clarification
  • Like 3
  • Applause 4
3 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I called it a lie because Meri said Kody never said anything to her about not being together, but he clearly did on the phone call in question (anniversary). Meri asked Kody if they should tell the public their status and Kody said no, he doesn’t want that kind of judgment.

To me, that says they both knew it was over. Moments earlier, Meri said that she denied Kody telling her anything like that. He had — they discussed it on their last anniversary. Meri’s feigned attempt at confusion over the clip of Kody was BS. They talked about being split up. 

Meri lacks the honesty gene.

She revealed who she is when she pursued love  and affection outside of her marital committment.

Would I have taken the same course of action had I been in a loveless marriage and saw no hope for turning it around?  Probably. 

However, this "Strong Woman" would have extricated myself from one relationship before seeking another.  She showed us who she is when she played that game.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

She revealed who she is when she pursued love  and affection outside of her marital committment

Except now we are learning that these people can seemingly just decide in their own minds if they are married or not. She was legally divorced. Maybe she just "considered herself unmarried," and didn't tell anyone - like both Kody and Christine were able to do. 

Yes, this is a joke. But seriously, none of these people are winning any awards in the honesty department.

• Like 10
17 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Except now we are learning that these people can seemingly just decide in their own minds if they are married or not. She was legally divorced. Maybe she just "considered herself unmarried," and didn't tell anyone - like both Kody and Christine were able to do. 

Yes, this is a joke. But seriously, none of these people are winning any awards in the honesty department.

I personally don't consider any of these people married without a legal document stating that they are, so I don't think Meri was engaging in what most people would call "adultery".  I don't care what they call themselves, most of that has turned out to be BS and changes depending on who you're talking to and when you're talking to them. 

I personally think Meri had some sort of legal obligation to play the charade of still being "spiritually" married to Kody because it was what he wanted from her at the time he divorced her.  He may have strong-armed her into signing an agreement to stay there and push the lie that she was still spiritually married to him because otherwise it would look too obvious that he was ditching her for Robyn in every way.  He wanted to push the fiction that he was divorcing Meri only because he wanted to adopt Robyn's children, but I never believed that was the only reason.  He may have told her that she compromised the show and their image with the catfish situation and would suffer consequences financial or otherwise if she didn't sign the agreement to stay and tell the world the divorce was just a formality and that they were still spiritually married. 

Obviously, he no longer needs Meri for that now that the genie is out of the bottle with both Christine and Janelle, so he has no problem telling the public that he wishes Meri would go on her own and find someone else.  I think she might have been surprised that he no longer expected her to push the fiction anymore but obviously with other wives leaving and that being featured on the show he had no reason to make her do that anymore.  He had to make the show about all these wives leaving him and blaming Robyn for it as a last ditch effort because he really had no other choice.  They were going to tell the public everything and screw legal hush hush non-disclosure agreements.  He had no hold over them anymore.  But Meri stays there honoring her legal obligation.  That's the only way I can make any sense out of all of this to be honest.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

I was watching some sisterwife stuff on Youtube yesterday and someone suggested that part of the reason Kody might have divorced Meri and married Robyn was that it would improve his credit and ability to secure loans to finance stuff. 

Supposedly divorcing Meri would distance him from the bankruptcy he filed with her and marrying Robyn would help him even more because she had never been bankrupt.  I don't know how legit this theory is - Robyn had a 32 K of debt in her name that was probably in collections, so... ?  Anyway, that was someone's theory.  There are people here who know a lot more about that kind of thing than I do, so I am interested in what they think of this idea.

Just FYI in Robyn's divorce, she got the vaccuum cleaner and the VCR.  David got their RV.  Most of Robyn's debt was for credit cards - Target, Sears, and about one thousand dollars to Victoria's Secret.   

That seems like a lot to spend on "pajamas" but my legs are normal length, so ... maybe they charge more for "tall." 

• Wink 1
  • LOL 9
47 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I was watching some sisterwife stuff on Youtube yesterday and someone suggested that part of the reason Kody might have divorced Meri and married Robyn was that it would improve his credit and ability to secure loans to finance stuff. 

Supposedly divorcing Meri would distance him from the bankruptcy he filed with her and marrying Robyn would help him even more because she had never been bankrupt.  I don't know how legit this theory is - Robyn had a 32 K of debt in her name that was probably in collections, so... ?  Anyway, that was someone's theory.  There are people here who know a lot more about that kind of thing than I do, so I am interested in what they think of this idea.

Just FYI in Robyn's divorce, she got the vaccuum cleaner and the VCR.  David got their RV.  Most of Robyn's debt was for credit cards - Target, Sears, and about one thousand dollars to Victoria's Secret.   

That seems like a lot to spend on "pajamas" but my legs are normal length, so ... maybe they charge more for "tall." 

Well, Robyn could provide him with at least two more dependents.  I think Leon was probably still a dependent at the time, but they had only a few more years before Leon would no longer qualify. 
as far as long legs— I am 5’4” with a short waist and long legs that are the same length as my husband’s and he is 5’10”.  I always buy separates because I need petite tops. I just bought a pair of flannel pjs—definitely not VS —-and the legs are a perfect fit, but the top looks like a shirt dress on me 😂

• Like 5

Bankruptcy stays on a credit report for 7 - 10 years. IIRC, Meri and Kody filed for bankruptcy in 2004. They bought the houses 7 years after the bankruptcy but prior to the divorce in 2014, and R&K married 10 years after the bankruptcy.

Janelle filed in the 90s and Christine I believe filed right before they moved to Vegas.

So it seems they filed for bankruptcy every 5+ years. Looks to me like they charged up a bunch of debt, wiped the slate clean and did it again, and then again.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Just FYI in Robyn's divorce, she got the vaccuum cleaner and the VCR.  David got their RV. Most of Robyn's debt was for credit cards - Target, Sears, and about one thousand dollars to Victoria's Secret.   

With its rotting, splintered wood patio 

75935DE6-BDF8-4F24-9F4A-A33AA95D3629.jpeg

Edited by Joan of Argh
Pic
  • Like 4
5 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I personally don't consider any of these people married without a legal document stating that they are, so I don't think Meri was engaging in what most people would call "adultery".  I don't care what they call themselves, most of that has turned out to be BS and changes depending on who you're talking to and when you're talking to them. 

Yeah, but “typical” people call themselves “married” just because they breed with someone (I get boyfriend/girlfriend might sound juvenile so I have no problem with “partner”); so I can’t be too mad at them because at the time of the catfish Meri was still supposed to be in a partnership with Kody as a spiritual wife. It wasn’t an “open” relationship in the sense that it was pre agreed upon that she was free to have sexual/romantic relationships with other people. 

But I think without the catfish situation the only hold Meri would’ve kept on Kody would’ve been the “safe haven” to get away from a gazillion little kids and Robyn’s neediness. 

4 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

It’s really not- not even in the early 00s. VS also sold under garments, clothing, bathing suits, body care products etc. if you’re only paying the minimum you might have only bought $600 worth of stuff at one point. I LIVED in VS Pink loungewear in law school and I KNOW I had more than $1000 on my balance at one point, especially after holiday shopping (yes of course I paid it off, and I worked there in college) but $1000 at VS isn’t obscene at all, $10k is a different story. 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yeah, but “typical” people call themselves “married” just because they breed with someone (I get boyfriend/girlfriend might sound juvenile so I have no problem with “partner”); so I can’t be too mad at them because at the time of the catfish Meri was still supposed to be in a partnership with Kody as a spiritual wife. It wasn’t an “open” relationship in the sense that it was pre agreed upon that she was free to have sexual/romantic relationships with other people. 

I hear you but I think any man who perpetuates what I consider to be a self-serving double standard in a relationship deserves whatever he gets.  I suppose I'm cynical but I don't respect his values and see the women in these relationships as being exploited and brainwashed to his advantage.  So I don't expect any of these women to honor such a lopsided "commitment".  But that's me.  The only thing against Meri was that she wasn't honest, open and up-front about what she was doing but I can forgive that to some degree under the circumstances.  I think she felt trapped and in a no-win situation.  I don't feel I know enough about her particular situation to pass judgment on her for seeking another relationship.  I feel like there's a lot we don't know.  I think this show and Kodouche in particular pushed an image of polygamy that made it look far more fair and egalitarian for the women than it really is.  He tried to sell the same crap about polygamy being great to us as he did with the women.

• Like 10
Just now, Yeah No said:

I hear you but I think any man who perpetuates what I consider to be a self-serving double standard in a relationship deserves whatever he gets.  I suppose I'm cynical but I don't respect his values and see the women in these relationships as being exploited and brainwashed to his advantage.  So I don't expect any of these women to honor such a lopsided "commitment".  But that's me.  The only thing against Meri was that she wasn't honest, open and up-front about what she was doing but I can forgive that to some degree under the circumstances.  I think she felt trapped and in a no-win situation.  I don't feel I know enough about her particular situation to pass judgment on her for seeking another relationship.  I feel like there's a lot we don't know.  I think this show and Kodouche in particular pushed an image of polygamy that made it look far more fair and egalitarian for the women than it really is.  He tried to sell the same crap about polygamy being great to us as he did with the women.

No I get where you’re coming from.

I do believe Meri was dishonest (to Kody, the other wives, Leon etc); and she continues to hunker down on that dishonesty (which really grinds a lot of people’s gears). 

• Like 12
13 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

No I get where you’re coming from.

I do believe Meri was dishonest (to Kody, the other wives, Leon etc); and she continues to hunker down on that dishonesty (which really grinds a lot of people’s gears). 

It’s this. It’s this that makes me dislike her the most, along with her propensity to brag constantly on IG.

I’d likely feel tons of empathy for Meri if she broke down and admitted how she truly feels. Sad, lonely and filling her cup with superficial fair-weather “friends”, that she filters her photos and brags because she lacks confidence and admitting she can be mean. Instead she does exactly what you said — hunkers down on her dishonesty. And it’s so easy to see through. 

• Like 10
49 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

There are over 1,000 comments on this post.

E300EC9B-3983-4A17-8F31-AC1E004785EE.jpeg

CB39B868-A350-48A4-B9A3-37AA8FE9A227.jpeg

We've got all these nice new reaction emojis to choose from, but where is a good old eyeroll or pukey face when you need one?

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 13
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I just went and read many of them. These Saint Christine warriors are a bit much. Sheesh. Balanced criticism with regards to Meri's "strong woman" hypocrisy or her questionable decision to submit to Kody and this patriarchal ideology is one thing. But these crying Christininis - well they must be drinkin' the Plexus.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

So many comments on Meri's post are calling her out for judging Christine for leaving. I only remember Meri saying she felt betrayed for Christine leaving. Like or hate Meri, she's still allowed to have feelings. And Meri feeling betrayed is not judging Christine. I believe Meri even said at one point she gets why Christine left.

I get the hate - Meri is a cold bitch. The way I see it Meri made her bed and had to lay in it. But IMO, she did a good job of making the best of a shitty situation. Yes, she's hanging on to Kody, but she's also out there living a life she created, on her own. It may include MLM bullshit, but Meri's not alone in that.

Meri's life isn't one I'd want, but I think she's doing okay for herself.

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

E300EC9B-3983-4A17-8F31-AC1E004785EE.jpeg

CB39B868-A350-48A4-B9A3-37AA8FE9A227.jpeg

Is she serious? She’s everything she’s telling people not to be! By posting this stuff, she’s seeking approval, opinions and validation from everyone. Ironic words from a woman who would reconcile with a man who can’t stand her. 

Additionally, people who think they’re worthy don’t filter every photo. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

It would be nice if she would say it plainly so we know what it is. If I had to guess, I’d say she’s writing a book.

I thought Meri might be referring to Christine. Although we're not really hearing either side, Christine did kind of blame Meri for the end of their friendship.

• Like 5

On Sunday I took a brief look at one of Christine's Facebook Live Lularot sales. She had a little over 100 people watching. Stuff sold briskly. Then I decided to take a look at Meri's. She was doing a live sale at the same time as Christine. She had 500+ viewers. 

I am at a loss to understand Meri's appeal. I couldn't watch for more than a few seconds. I suppose there are women out there who sympathize with her having been catfished? Being in a loveless "marriage"? Maybe?

• Like 9
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 3
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I thought Meri might be referring to Christine. Although we're not really hearing either side, Christine did kind of blame Meri for the end of their friendship.

Still confused about their timeline for when Christine 'ended their friendship.' Seems like it may have been many years ago because she said "we tried a little bit in Vegas." I know all the theories around why but I found it interesting that Christine said "she put me down in front of her family." That makes me wonder about Annie vs. Bonnie. And Christine reportedly "left the faith" back in Vegas. Just makes me realize yet again how little we know. Basically 0.5 percent of the full story.

• Like 10
12 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

I am at a loss to understand Meri's appeal. I couldn't watch for more than a few seconds. I suppose there are women out there who sympathize with her having been catfished? Being in a loveless "marriage"? Maybe?

First I am at a loss that there is still a market for Lularoe.

Second I don’t get Meri’s appeal either. She’s smug, dull as dirt, and just not engaging. Christine might come off as over the top but at least she has some spark of personality. 

coming back to add third - she has terrible style and her clothes never look like they fit. 

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

On Sunday I took a brief look at one of Christine's Facebook Live Lularot sales. She had a little over 100 people watching. Stuff sold briskly. Then I decided to take a look at Meri's. She was doing a live sale at the same time as Christine. She had 500+ viewers. 

Views don’t equal sales though. Of Meri’s 500 views, how many were actually interested in purchasing vs wanting to just see what Meri would do or say? I’m sure some of Christine’s fall under that also.

• Like 9
On 12/19/2022 at 8:02 AM, TurtlePower said:

It’s this. It’s this that makes me dislike her the most, along with her propensity to brag constantly on IG.

I’d likely feel tons of empathy for Meri if she broke down and admitted how she truly feels. Sad, lonely and filling her cup with superficial fair-weather “friends”, that she filters her photos and brags because she lacks confidence and admitting she can be mean. Instead she does exactly what you said — hunkers down on her dishonesty. And it’s so easy to see through. 

I didn't like her from the get go and when the fishy cat-fish bullshit started, she ended up dragging Leon into the gutter along with her.  I'm not getting over that with her anymore than I got over that sort of thing with my own mother, who did the same thing with my father and because I was my mother's "best friend", she confided in me.  Mommy had a lover and my dad was clueless until the day he wasn't.   My heart was stomped on and I've never recovered.  My sister is even more bitter than I am and that's a lot.  

I don't like Kotex, but imho, you don't drag your children into the muck and mire of cheating on a partner, however dysfunctional said relationship may be.  Just pack your stuff and leave if you can't deal with your situation.  Meri had to have known she'd been played once Kotex divorced her so he could marry Sobface in order to be able to adopt her children and make them all a part of the fambily.  Geez.  Meri had that marriage certificate of theirs framed and hanging on her bedroom wall!!!   After that, she was chopped liver.  

Yet, rather than take a break or go for counseling, go to their church, temple, synagogue or wherever, she drug Leon into her mess.  NOT cool.  Zero sympathy from me.  

Right after that fiasco, I said Kotex would NEVER forgive her.  He said over and over he was done with her, felt unsafe for a variety of reasons he never elaborated on, but NOW she gets the hint?  Ug...no.  Not buyin' what she's sellin'.   She stayed for the show's almighty fame, and its paycheck.   

Naturally, Meri was angry with Christine for upsetting the TLC applecart and for no other reason.   Meri is just plain nasty and she and Robin got along at first for a good reason. 

There was no love lost between Meri and Christine.  Christine just learned to stay out of her way, unlike Janelle who doesn't particularly give a rip snort if someone likes her or not.  (Which drove Meri and ultimately Kotex to distraction).  She's never been that interested in anything other than her own business.  

IMO, Meri got what she asked for.  Sobyn Robyn came to the fambily and instantly knew whose buttons to push and when to push them.  Christine was jealous for good and fair reason. 

I'm no fan on polygamy, in any way, shape, or form, but it doesn't take a believer to see the chaos that ensued once Crybaby Sobyn joined the circus.  She undermined every sister wife, every chance she had, and she did it with the full-on approval of Kotex who justified her chicanery with his own skullduggery.  They deserve each other, but I doubt Sobyn will be happy without other sister wives around to backstab.  

5 minutes ago, Claire Voyant said:

5 minutes ago, Claire Voyant said:

Edited by Claire Voyant
tried to fix something and failed miserably...
  • Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 11
  • Love 2
On 12/19/2022 at 9:02 AM, TurtlePower said:

I hear you but my theory is that she's profiting somehow from keeping her mouth shut about that and a lot of other stuff.  I have already said I think she's signed some kind of non-disclosure agreement in order to avoid financial ruin.  Which may have put her between a rock and a hard place, and while she may really want to come out with all of it she really can't.  It may not just be that she is greedy and is trading her honesty for money but she may have been given a no-win choice.  I'd have less objections to her lack of transparency and honesty if keeping her mouth shut and staying put was because of being put in that position.  But admittedly, that's a big "if".

On 12/20/2022 at 11:21 AM, TurtlePower said:

It would be nice if she would say it plainly so we know what it is. If I had to guess, I’d say she’s writing a book.

I think that cryptic statements like the one you're reacting to are more evidence that she's been silenced somehow and is just bursting at the seams to "tell all", but can't unless she wants to suffer legal/financial retribution.  So instead she seeks her own kind of passive-aggressive retribution in the form of posts like this and her digging her heels in and staying put in spite of Kody's rejection while making as much money independently as she can.  And that woman's video on Tik Tok picked up on some of that too.  It's not the most attractive look and makes people suspicious about her sincerity.  She might deserve more respect for saying "screw you" to Kody and risking the legal and financial consequences of leaving and being honest and open about everything, but if it meant ruining herself financially I could potentially have a little more understanding for why she wouldn't do that.  But then again if she wrote a big "tell-all" book she could potentially stand to earn enough money not to care about those consequences, but that would be a big risk too.  I don't think she wants to take risks like that because she doesn't want to put herself in the position of potentially letting the Kodouche win at her expense, which is understandable.  And I don't say any of that because I'm looking for a reason to excuse her either.  I just tend to see both sides of this because I really don't care one way or the other, LOL.  I'm not invested in hating Meri.  I don't like her very much but I also don't look for reasons to dislike her any more than I already do.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
3 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I hear you but my theory is that she's profiting somehow from keeping her mouth shut about that and a lot of other stuff.  I have already said I think she's signed some kind of non-disclosure agreement in order to avoid financial ruin.  Which may have put her between a rock and a hard place, and while she may really want to come out with all of it she really can't.  It may not just be that she is greedy and is trading her honesty for money but she may have been given a no-win choice.  I'd have less objections to her lack of transparency and honesty if keeping her mouth shut and staying put was because of being put in that position.  But admittedly, that's a big "if".

I think that cryptic statements like the one you're reacting to are more evidence that she's been silenced somehow and is just bursting at the seams to "tell all", but can't unless she wants to suffer legal/financial retribution.  So instead she seeks her own kind of passive-aggressive retribution in the form of posts like this and her digging her heels in and staying put in spite of Kody's rejection while making as much money independently as she can.  And that woman's video on Tik Tok picked up on some of that too.  It's not the most attractive look and makes people suspicious about her sincerity.  She might deserve more respect for saying "screw you" to Kody and risking the legal and financial consequences of leaving and being honest and open about everything, but if it meant ruining herself financially I could potentially have a little more understanding for why she wouldn't do that.  But then again if she wrote a big "tell-all" book she could potentially stand to earn enough money not to care about those consequences, but that would be a big risk too.  I don't think she wants to take risks like that because she doesn't want to put herself in the position of potentially letting the Kodouche win at her expense, which is understandable.  And I don't say any of that because I'm looking for a reason to excuse her either.  I just tend to see both sides of this because I really don't care one way or the other, LOL.  I'm not invested in hating Meri.  I don't like her very much but I also don't look for reasons to dislike her any more than I already do.

I understand these points, but why would Meri and Meri alone seem to have an NDA? Christine was pouring her guts out, left Kody, and is still involved with filming. I don’t see how honesty and openness would lead Meri to financial ruin. She owns her own businesses, she could drop those assholes and be fine.

She could release a book once the show is cancelled, that would be gold for her. I don’t like Meri with her fakey-fake filtered online presence and cruel nature, but she’ll be fine financially. She’s got that on lock, as long as LLR exists (she does need to slow her roll on “retreats” and earn some credibility before charging thousands of dollars though). 

• Like 4
  • Applause 6

Meri has posted what would be called cryptic messages for years. On occasions when someone would assume they were Kody related, she would say they weren’t in reference to him. LuLaNo and her travels to inspirational retreats, are the basis of these messages she posts, in my opinion.

As she said recently, Kody didn’t want the information related to their status made public. So, that’s the way it was, even though it was mentioned by both of them, and obvious to viewers.

• Like 10
  • LOL 1
On 12/17/2022 at 10:10 PM, Teri313 said:

I think the closest he's come (on the show anyway) is telling her that she should move to Parowan. That seemed to get her attention. They all seem to have a problem with communication and use the couch interviews to air their grievances.

• He told her he didn't love her anymore
  • He told her he didn't miss her
  • He told her he saw her maybe twice a year
  • He told her he felt they weren't in a relationship anymore
  • He told her that he didn't consider himself married to her anymore
  • He told her to move to Parowan

And there were a few other phrases like that along the way too. How much clearer does it have to become?

It's not so much a problem on communication from Kody's part; it's a matter of understanding on Meri's... Each and everyone of us would have gotten the message and packed up a long time ago. 

Then why does she stay? Apart from the dollars from TLC,  I suspect that she convinced herself a long time ago that this relationship could, and would, be mended over time. Strange? Definitely! But it does fit Meri's delusional reasoning and talking. All she posts on SM have nothing to do with the real world and what is going on. She clearly lives in her own delusional bubble with her own truths.

• Like 14
37 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I understand these points, but why would Meri and Meri alone seem to have an NDA? Christine was pouring her guts out, left Kody, and is still involved with filming. I don’t see how honesty and openness would lead Meri to financial ruin. She owns her own businesses, she could drop those assholes and be fine.

She could release a book once the show is cancelled, that would be gold for her. I don’t like Meri with her fakey-fake filtered online presence and cruel nature, but she’ll be fine financially. She’s got that on lock, as long as LLR exists (she does need to slow her roll on “retreats” and earn some credibility before charging thousands of dollars though). 

I think the answer to that question may depend on Meri's particular financial and legal relationship to Kody that may be different from Christine's or Janelle's.  Janelle admitted that she doesn't have any of her own money because everything she has is tied up with the family.  Christine didn't have to worry about that plus not ever being legally married to Kody it was easier for her to just pick up and walk away without certain financial consequences.  The fact that Meri was at one time legally married to Kody makes me wonder if she didn't have some kind of agreement with him in the divorce that obligated her financially, especially since Nevada is a community property state.  He may have given her a break from some of that financial obligation in exchange for her silence.  She may know things that even the other wives don't know relative to her particular relationship to Kody that would be especially damning to him if it got out.  I think there's an awful lot we don't know going on here and we could speculate for days on it.  This is just one theory, I could probably come up with more.  I just feel like there's more going on here to explain Meri's behavior than we know about.

• Like 10
  • Useful 4

Meri's latest IG post is her holding up a book and saying, "there's more to the story."  People think she's teasing that she is writing a book.  If she is, it's probably nonsense about how to become your own #BossBabe.  If she's just teasing to stay relevant, it's cringe-worthy and embarrassing on her part.

• Like 12
  • LOL 3

I think Meri's time in MLM workshops are all about building self-confidence including positive self-talk/affirmations. I think many, if not all, of her affirmations reflect what she's feeling in relationship to whatever is going on, much like folks do on FB. A good portion of her life has nothing to do with Kody, TLC, Robyn, Janelle and Christine.

With that said, I do think she posts cryptically after shows have aired. But what else is she supposed to do? Write lengthy posts defending herself? And I'm not sure she can even do that because Christine has said they're not supposed to post about anything being filmed. Plus there's that nagging hope of Kody - Meri doesn't want to say anything to alienate him any more than his is.

I hope Meri does write a book, if for nothing else, to feel heard. Meri is Meri, she is cold and bitchy so that will still be apparent in the book, but even bitches have their own side to the story. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1