Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Lurk said:

I'm guessing they're a lot like the Paparazzi Jewelry lives.  I think those 2 companies are what most of the memes came from. *holds up product with other hand behind it and moves closer/further from the camera to get focused*

Oh crap! Now I have to go look!

• LOL 4

A recap of Meri’s alleged abuses reported by Paedon (and Maddie). He also says “After SW ends, I’ll give you all the dirt.”: 

Edited to Add: I hope TLC sees this and suspends filming pending an investigation. It’s not right this show was rolling with alleged abuses coming to light.

I see Meri the Victim being like this — that’s how abusers are. They’re mean but everyone is against THEM, they’re the victim. If this is true, she deserves to crash and burn (of course being innocent until proven guilty they’d have to prove beyond a treasonable doubt). But I see her doing it. And then there’s Robyn’s dog kicking which is on video. 

Edited by TurtlePower
Additional
  • Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1

@TurtlePower I agree, she was raked over the coals for the last one and the costs all over SM. She is delusional. The few pictchurs that were posted from the last LuLuRot retreat certainly did not look like gourmet food. She looked like she catered it from Golden Corral and then hit up the local grocery store for cheap ice cream and toppings and served them in Styrofoam bowls. She is an idiot  

• Like 7
  • Applause 5

This one doesn't require a questionnaire for her to pick participants, like the first one; it goes right to payment.  Plus, there's three levels of access, not two.  Still not worth it though.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, Fosca said:

This one doesn't require a questionnaire for her to pick participants, like the first one; it goes right to payment.  Plus, there's three levels of access, not two.  Still not worth it though.

This reeks of desperation. I really hope it's because she's on her way out of The Show 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Her timing is really something. For the first retreat, people were all over her about the episodes that were airing, and how she acted toward Christine. This one is announced right after announcing her own marriage has been “ permanently” terminated.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

@ginger90 I can see it now, please book my overpriced retreat, Kody rilly hurt my fillings on cable tv about me running off (which me and my banana) could have done had if Sam was rill. It is hard to pay for rent in Flagstaff to store all my craptastic clothing and my mortgage at the former non-polygamous house I run my overpriced and under delivered retreats at. My hair products and eyeline can't pay for themselves.

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
29 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

@ginger90 I can see it now, please book my overpriced retreat, Kody rilly hurt my fillings on cable tv about me running off (which me and my banana) could have done had if Sam was rill. It is hard to pay for rent in Flagstaff to store all my craptastic clothing and my mortgage at the former non-polygamous house I run my overpriced and under delivered retreats at. My hair products and eyeline can't pay for themselves.

If Meri would get her head out of her butt, and price this cheap enough, wouldn't it be fun? if a bunch of snarkers like us, would get together and go?

Maybe not...a few days with Meri wouldn't rilly be fun, but the aftermath chats among us, would be epic.  

32 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I so wish Sobbyn would have said "banana" instead of an orange, in her analogy regarding fruit!   Remember Sol's Batman pajamas?  That was no accident, IMO.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
On 11/26/2022 at 12:47 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

Meri historically prepared the Brown family Thanksgiving turkey. Robyn wanted to do it that year and was nervous about asking Meri if that was ok. Meri said fine and appeared on Thanksgiving Day with a Rice Krispie Treat turkey stuffed with M&Ms.

I brought this over from the Janelle thread to say how much I wish Meri had not agreed to let Robyn make the turkey!   It may not seem like a big deal, but in my opinion it was a sickening example of Robyn (and Kody!) showing a selfish disregard of a decades-long holiday tradition so that the spoiled little bitch could usurp yet another person's spot in the family.  She already had the legal marriage at that point, didn't she?  It might have been a kind gesture on her part to stop taking things away from Meri at that point, but she's a conniving little piece of trash, so of course not.

I wonder, did Meri ever get to make the turkey again?  She was all alone this year, she posted.  It doesn't sound like Kody and Gollum even bothered to invite her, much less allow her the honor of cooking the bird.

Of course Meri would have been the villain if she had not acquiesced.  But either way she was going to lose.  She might as well have held on to that one little piece of glory.  That was the moment I remember saying "dammmit,  don't be such a doormat! " 

I bet Christine would not have agreed to step aside and let Robyn make the rolls instead of her doing it.  

Damn it Meri, grow a spine!

Kody would have refused to eat the turkey or complained about it being dry and tasteless. And after all, that's all Meri wanted, Kody's approval.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

If Meri would get her head out of her butt, and price this cheap enough, wouldn't it be fun? if a bunch of snarkers like us, would get together and go?

Maybe not...a few days with Meri wouldn't rilly be fun, but the aftermath chats among us, would be epic.  

If she chopped a zero off the price, I'd consider it, but she wants me to pay four month's rent for a three day retreat?  Not gonna happen.

• Like 6
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, Fosca said:

If she chopped a zero off the price, I'd consider it, but she wants me to pay four month's rent for a three day retreat?  Not gonna happen.

But how can you not feel that 4-6K would not be worth all this catered/home shopped food that your hard earned money would provide, gourmet my ass. Thanks to @ginger90 for the original photos. (Plastic plates and utensils probably washed and will be reused for the next one) 

image.thumb.png.fd06a27229314a3040363268f387f85d.png

image.png.611146ce22362ba0b8e5ff6329ace903.png

• Like 1
  • LOL 14

I will never recover from the "I wouldn't serve in my backyard" "buffet" with foil pans of what looks like grocery store deli food being served at a $4000 to $6000 retreat.  

The ice cream thing looks like what my cheapskate neighbor puts out for family. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 9
On 12/7/2022 at 3:47 PM, ginger90 said:

F34C11B9-C33D-420E-A462-804A5EE8DF67.jpeg

428654F4-E130-4FD4-B4A1-7A72C0C5EC69.jpeg

C356808F-0E0B-4A44-8B0E-A72B7DC4CDDB.jpeg

8AB2868D-1E33-4919-9827-89C664E7E7A9.jpeg

7AAE8BB3-A793-40CC-975F-05483395665F.jpeg

In this other group of pictures someone posted a while back, WTAF is the second picture? The only thing I've ever seen that resembles that particular shade of yellow was found in a baby's diaper. Is that sliced olives? Was that a barf pan for anyone who had problems with the other buffet food not sitting right?

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

What is that brown stuff in the bowl?  This whole setup of food is embarrassing.  Isn’t Meri suppose to be the “entertainer” of the family?  Did she give up after losing the wetbar? She could have at least got some bananas 🍌 so people could make a banana split 🤭

• LOL 7
13 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

What is that brown stuff in the bowl?  This whole setup of food is embarrassing.  Isn’t Meri suppose to be the “entertainer” of the family?  Did she give up after losing the wetbar? She could have at least got some bananas 🍌 so people could make a banana split 🤭

Chocolate pudding? Chocolate sauce?

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, Lurk said:

In this other group of pictures someone posted a while back, WTAF is the second picture? The only thing I've ever seen that resembles that particular shade of yellow was found in a baby's diaper. Is that sliced olives?

I can't imagine what that casserole looking thing under the design is.  

26 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

What is that brown stuff in the bowl?

I'm going to call it chocolate pudding made from a boxed mix and the yellowish bowl to the upper left tapioca pudding also from boxed mix.

I could easily be wrong, but it's today's guesses.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
10 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I can't imagine what that casserole looking thing under the design is.  

I'm going to call it chocolate pudding made from a boxed mix and the yellowish bowl to the upper left tapioca pudding also from boxed mix.

I could easily be wrong, but it's today's guesses.

It may be some type of savory bread, it appears to be the only carbohydrate offered.  That, and the appetizer table are the only professionally presented food shown.

Also where are the vegetables or even a salad?

Piss poor menu.

• Like 8
58 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Melted chocolate Or pudding? 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I doubt anyone would feel “safe” eating a banana provided by Meri. 😐

I’ve never seen such a pathetic spread as Meri’s, I’ve been to neighborhood BBQ’s with fancier charcuterie boards, entrees, main dishes and dessert tables and they’re FREE!… the only thing that even comes close is the free dinner provided at our local Salvation Army for homeless folks, I’ve volunteered several times and it looks a lot like Meri’s food, tin foil pans, disposable plates and utensils.. basically your typical institutional style food preparation and presentation.

wtf is she thinking, this isn’t some Brown family get together, she’s charging serious cash for a high end retreat and she thinks tin foil pans with supermarket fried chicken, ice cream still in the bucket, plastic utensils etc is suitable?  Sheesh I’d be pretty pissed off if I spent $6,000 for that mess! 

• Like 10
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 2
15 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I doubt anyone would feel “safe” eating a banana provided by Meri. 😐

I’ve never seen such a pathetic spread as Meri’s, I’ve been to neighborhood BBQ’s with fancier charcuterie boards, entrees, main dishes and dessert tables and they’re FREE!… the only thing that even comes close is the free dinner provided at our local Salvation Army for homeless folks, I’ve volunteered several times and it looks a lot like Meri’s food, tin foil pans, disposable plates and utensils.. basically your typical institutional style food preparation and presentation.

wtf is she thinking, this isn’t some Brown family get together, she’s charging serious cash for a high end retreat and she thinks tin foil pans with supermarket fried chicken, ice cream still in the bucket, plastic utensils etc is suitable?  Sheesh I’d be pretty pissed off if I spent $6,000 for that mess! 

Yes, institutional style food was the term I couldn’t think of, but it really is the cheap presentation which makes it especially awful.  Does she make her regular B&B guests eat off paper plates and use plasticware?  It’s not like there were 500 people there.

• Like 14
7 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Yes, institutional style food was the term I couldn’t think of, but it really is the cheap presentation which makes it especially awful.  Does she make her regular B&B guests eat off paper plates and use plasticware?  It’s not like there were 500 people there.

Meri truly is over her head on this one. She doesn’t seem to know what kind of expectations people have for that kind of money — which should include a private jet, champagne and exotic snacks en route to some tropical getaway complete with meditations and spa treatments, not forced bike rides in cold ass Utah in winter followed by a cheap buffet. 

After seeing the first disaster, who would be willing to pay for the second one?!? 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 3

There’s chatter about a woman coming forward who was witness to Meri’s alleged abuse. Trying to validate this information.

I now wonder if this is why Robyn wouldn’t let Meri take Solomon solo that one time. Maybe she didn’t trust Meri with her child. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 4
21 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

This reeks of desperation. I really hope it's because she's on her way out of The Show 

I'd consider it, for $200/night. Maybe $225 if it was 3 meals/day. 

ETA: After seeing those photos of the food, forget it. 

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Like 4
  • LOL 9
On 1/14/2023 at 7:32 AM, TurtlePower said:

I now wonder if this is why Robyn wouldn’t let Meri take Solomon solo that one time. Maybe she didn’t trust Meri with her child. 

Meri was in no state of mind to be dealing with an unpredictable 2 or 3 year old on a road trip. 

She was confronting Leon for the first time after the catfish incident became public and was using Sol as a buffer knowing Leon was very fond of him. In this instance, Robyn was right, I would not have permitted my child to be used in that manner either.

Edited by Sandy W
Wrong name
  • Like 19
1 minute ago, Sandy W said:

Meri was in no state of mind to be dealing with an unpredictable 2 or 3 year old on a road trip. 

She was confronting Mariah for the first time after the catfish incident became public and was using Sol as a buffer knowing Mariah was very fond of him. In this instance, Robyn was right, I would not have permitted my child to be used in that manner either.

Didn't she take one of the older girls?

• Like 5
1 minute ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Didn't she take one of the older girls?

She did take one of them but they were more likely to behave themselves in the car and adjust to sleeping in a new environment than a toddler would have been. 

Also they were old enough to report back to Robyn all the dirty details of the meeting with Mariah.

• Like 8
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 4
11 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

She did take one of them but they were more likely to behave themselves in the car and adjust to sleeping in a new environment than a toddler would have been. 

Also they were old enough to report back to Robyn all the dirty details of the meeting with Mariah.

If Robyn felt Mari was abusive I don't think she would have let any of her children go.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
22 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

If Robyn felt Mari was abusive I don't think she would have let any of her children go.

I agree. Solomon was the child Meri wanted to take. He was in a phase where he only ever wanted Mommy, so Robyn suggested Meri take Breanna. I can't imagine her offering up one of her girls (and particularly the little one), if Meri was dangerous.

• Like 9
44 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I don't think Robyn feared abuse of any of her children.  It was more likely a case of Breanna making a better candidate for a road trip than Sol would have been.

• Like 8

I don’t think Meri would dare to smack any of Robyn’s kids—not only because of “She-Ra” Robyn, but because of Kody. Meri knows Robyn and her kids are favored, while Christine’s were not. 
Many times in families there is scapegoat child— and in a family of 18 kids, there may have been several. Perhaps Meri never laid a hand on most of the kids, and only spanked a couple of then on a few occasions. How many spankings equal abuse? For some people, once is one time too many—for others, it’s a normal part of parenting (as long as it’s not severe).

On the other hand maybe Meri never hit any of the kids, but the abuse may have been verbal and emotional? Emotional abuse can be just as damaging, imo.

At any rate, that is Paedon’s perception of his childhood. If he wants to tell his story, why can’t he? All of the parents on the show used and exposed their children’s lives for money.

• Like 18
1 hour ago, Adiba said:

At any rate, that is Paedon’s perception of his childhood. If he wants to tell his story, why can’t he? All of the parents on the show used and exposed their children’s lives for money.

I absolutely think every Brown child has the right to tell their story. But first, I think they need to ask themselves why they are telling it, if they are ready for any fallout, then more importantly they need to be honest. Yes, everyone of them will have a different story for the same time period, because honesty with a different slant is still honest. 

And, IMO, if Paedon is doing this to make Meri the most hated Brown, the truth would likely cement her spot, seeing as she is right up there with Kody and Robyn already. No need for empty accusations, just giving details of her being a strict disciplinarian, IMO, would do it.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 11
  • Applause 2
On 1/13/2023 at 11:04 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

But how can you not feel that 4-6K would not be worth all this catered/home shopped food that your hard earned money would provide, gourmet my ass. Thanks to @ginger90 for the original photos. (Plastic plates and utensils probably washed and will be reused for the next one) 

image.thumb.png.fd06a27229314a3040363268f387f85d.png

Hmm….4-6K for 1 person to spend a couple of days with Meri in a dusty and old B&B in the middle of nowhere with this Michelin Star meal or spend 5 days in the ultra luxurious surroundings of one of Dubai’s most famous and luxurious hotels for the same amount (with hubby and kids and all meals included)

I can’t choose! This is so hard….What would you recommend?🤔

• Like 3
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 15
19 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

I think Meri charges so much for these "retreats" because it's not about the food or the accomodations, it's about being in the presence of MERI.  She thinks very highly of herself, doesn't she?

Meri has spent too much time at Disneyland especially the Pinocchio exhibits...When You Wish Upon A Star...🎶

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
35 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

I think Meri charges so much for these "retreats" because it's not about the food or the accomodations, it's about being in the presence of MERI.  She thinks very highly of herself, doesn't she?

I suspect she's getting bad advice from another grifter somewhere.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
8 hours ago, goofygirl said:

I get having confidence but Meri (IMO) is overcompensating for her lack of it. Even real celebs rarely get that much. I read recently about fans who paid a bunch of money to hang out with Gwyneth Paltrow and were left feeling disappointed and ripped off. I honestly don’t believe Meri filled all her spots and lied to make it seem like she did. And here she is, trying again. She’s not Gwyneth, that’s for sure and it’s not a prime destination for a “retreat”. 

Meri knows she’s the miserable troll under the bridge and tries so hard to make herself seem happy and bright, she’s making herself appear even worse — a desperate, GREEDY troll under the bridge. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 3

I think her mistake was in charging such high prices for her first retreat. After that, even though the response was terrible, doing more at the same price seems ludicrous to us but backing down on the price would be admitting that the first time failed. That makes sense to me, but not to Meri. I wouldn't go for any price anyway.

• Like 11
13 minutes ago, altopower said:

I think her mistake was in charging such high prices for her first retreat. After that, even though the response was terrible, doing more at the same price seems ludicrous to us but backing down on the price would be admitting that the first time failed. That makes sense to me, but not to Meri. I wouldn't go for any price anyway.

She will turn it into another Pep Rally for her "hons" for the grand price of $600. a pop.

Restrictions again apply...they are not allowed to reveal what went on and probably how much they actually paid.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5

Of course, she posted about this retreat before Paedon's vague and ambiguous accusations against her were posted online.

On one hand, it might bring the curious to her door.  But, since I imagine all talk about the family or show is strictly forbidden, it might behoove her to cancel the whole shebang because you know people will be watchng her like a hawk.

• Like 9

Meri is arguably the most polarizing sister wife, but I think the OG3 have similar fanbases. Super-fans, fans, mehs, haters and Meri also has super-haters. Until this latest season I think Meri had the most super-fans and all of the super-haters, so I do think she has some fools fans who would jump at the chance to hang with her.

This latest scandal has likely shifted the base in both directions.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Meri is arguably the most polarizing sister wife, but I think the OG3 have similar fanbases. Super-fans, fans, mehs, haters and Meri also has super-haters. Until this latest season I think Meri had the most super-fans and all of the super-haters, so I do think she has some fools fans who would jump at the chance to hang with her.

This latest scandal has likely shifted the base in both directions.

Can you make money on the haters crowd?  Lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Can you make money on the haters crowd?  Lol

Actually - yes. Depending on how their IG is monetized, sometimes a click is money, no matter who clicks. Also a large number of followers makes it more likely a company will offer you an influencing gig. And watching a YT video is money.

With that said, I don't think Meri makes any money off her IG and as far as I know she doesn't have a YT channel.

I'm guessing Carlin Bates and a few Duggar sisters make 1/3 of their YT money from haters.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 5
16 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Actually - yes. Depending on how their IG is monetized, sometimes a click is money, no matter who clicks. Also a large number of followers makes it more likely a company will offer you an influencing gig. And watching a YT video is money.

With that said, I don't think Meri makes any money off her IG and as far as I know she doesn't have a YT channel.

I'm guessing Carlin Bates and a few Duggar sisters make 1/3 of their YT money from haters.

I didn’t realize that.  I was aware of how some despised characters get notoriety and make money on some sports like professional wrestling.  They are marketed as evil and the crowds cheer for their demise.  The fights are fake and it’s all about marketing, manipulation and profits for the organization.  IMO we see it with 90 Day and Real Housewives franchises.  I’m not saying that’s what is going on with SW.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 1/13/2023 at 8:19 PM, Absolom said:

Do people generally put pudding on top of ice cream?  Maybe it's a Utah thing?  Or more likely, a Meri thing.

On 1/14/2023 at 10:05 PM, LilyD said:

Hmm….4-6K for 1 person to spend a couple of days with Meri in a dusty and old B&B in the middle of nowhere with this Michelin Star meal or spend 5 days in the ultra luxurious surroundings of one of Dubai’s most famous and luxurious hotels for the same amount (with hubby and kids and all meals included)

I can’t choose! This is so hard….What would you recommend?🤔

Well since you're offering, I think I can speak for the thread when I say that we would like you to attend Meri's retreat and then rush back here and post all the details for us.  Thank you in advance! :)

• Like 1
  • LOL 12