Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

I mean, that’s a good photo.  Doesn’t represent reality, but a good photo of her. 

Right.  And if she said "Lets meet up, here is a photo" I wouldn't recognize her in real life.

• Love 10

Does anyone know what Corina Mettlin nominated Meri for and what challenge Meri is accepting?  Digging a little deeply to find that Corina is another LLR representative.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, suomi said:

The challenge is that both eyebrows will align and will begin just above the inner corner of the eye.

One down, one to go. You can do it!

...and on the other end of the brow, she lifts the pencil about half an inch sooner.  Where is it written that the eyebrow should follow the contour of the upper brow bone a-l-l the way around the eye socket?

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Does anyone know what Corina Mettlin nominated Meri for and what challenge Meri is accepting?  Digging a little deeply to find that Corina is another LLR representative.

I'm not sure if my Instagram link worked.  The black & white photo challenge is to stand in solidarity with the women in Turkey and the movement to honor those murdered and missing.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

I'm not sure if my Instagram link worked.  The black & white photo challenge is to stand in solidarity with the women in Turkey and the movement to honor those murdered and missing.

Thanks Grifter Lives, when I clicked on #ChallengeAccepted, the cause did come up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
17 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Right.  And if she said "Lets meet up, here is a photo" I wouldn't recognize her in real life.

Yup. This. I wouldn't know to look for a puffy-faced, orange tinged, frizzy-haired gobble neck. The irony of this is that Meri is engaging in what many catfishers do--misrepresentation. She may not be pretending to be someone else, but she's putting out a modified version of herself. 

Clearly, she is not happy with herself. People who are secure in their own skin don't modify or airbrush most of what they put on social media. 

Edited by TurtlePower
change of wording
  • Love 8
(edited)

I do not see the supposed resemblance between Mariah and Sarah but nice try, Meri.

In Meri's photo collage of The Celebration of a Quarter Quell of the Life of Her Royal Highness Princess Snowflake, there's one photo that's filtered to the point of me wondering - who the heck is that beautiful, radiant woman in the car with Mere and Audge??  I mean, Meri - if you need to turn the high-powered filters on yourself, that's one thing.  But to filter your only child to the point of unrecognizability - then you might have a problem.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9
40 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I do not see the supposed resemblance between Mariah and Sarah but nice try, Meri.

In Meri's photo collage of The Celebration of a Quarter Quell of the Life of Her Royal Highness Princess Snowflake, there's one photo that's filtered to the point of me wondering - who the heck is that beautiful, radiant woman in the car with Mere and Audge??  I mean, Meri - if you need to turn the high-powered filters on yourself, that's one thing.  But to filter your only child to the point of unrecognizability - then you might have a problem.

I noticed that too, and given that Mariah has no qualms at all about presenting herself exactly as she is, I wonder if that photo got a negative reaction from Mariah.  It's not as if Meri fixed a wayward strand of hair before a photo was snapped, she completely altered Mariah's appearance, effectively saying, you are not quite acceptable just as you are.  I can imagine that would be a gesture that Mariah would not appreciate, Meri should tread softly, she's on shaky ground with Mariah as it is.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

In Meri's photo collage of The Celebration of a Quarter Quell of the Life of Her Royal Highness Princess Snowflake, there's one photo that's filtered to the point of me wondering - who the heck is that beautiful, radiant woman in the car with Mere and Audge??

I would never have id'd that picture as Snowflake.  Is Meri so stupid that she thinks people don't notice the world of difference between her filtered crap and reality?

• Love 10
9 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I stopped on that photo too.  Mariah didn’t look like herself.  Lipstick!  

• Love 6
(edited)

Wouldn't it be better and cheaper to simply make your own?  It isn't like cookie butter is tough to get or even make and rice krispy treats are easy enough for a five year old to make.  Then they aren't stale and all sticky from being shipped in summer heat.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 12
On 7/31/2020 at 1:36 PM, DakotaJustice said:

Meri - It's Rice Krispies, dammit! 

For five bucks each they better be the size of a dinner plate. Each.

She might not be able to sell them with the name of the cereal because of copyrights.

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

She might not be able to sell them with the name of the cereal because of copyrights.

I thought that too.  It may be overlooked by Kellogg's when their brand name is used on recipe sites because after all, it's promoting use of their product.  Meri is attempting to turn this into a money-making scheme for herself. so the corporation may take issue with blatant appropriation of their name, without any benefit to them.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

Also, and maybe this is just my screen, it’s a basic ass black mask. Not exactly avant- guard. Geesh. 

It is non-binary purple on my screen. 

I wear 100% cotton masks and T-shirts so that my lungs & body can breathe properly.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

Unfortunately its a disorder that has spread around the world - https://www.reddit.com/r/Instagramreality/

I just thank heavens that I lived long enough to reach a time in my life where I don't give two hoots about what people think.  Not that I run around looking like a slob but I feel no need to fake anything.  I've never taken a selfie in my life so have no need for filters. Whatcha see is whatcha get!

The perk of being a member of the COL Club.

• Love 20
21 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Great.  Sweat and stink with LLNo.  At least she's toned down the eyebrows and mascara.

Why does anyone still buy that crap?  Apparently some thrift stores don't even want LLNo donations.

If I am interpreting Meri's post correctly, the masks are supplied by LLR to color co-ordinate with existing t-shirts.  If the masks are produced in the same sweat shop conditions the clothing is, I would think twice before putting one anywhere near my mouth or nose.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I just thank heavens that I lived long enough to reach a time in my life where I don't give two hoots about what people think.  Not that I run around looking like a slob but I feel no need to fake anything.  I've never taken a selfie in my life so have no need for filters. Whatcha see is whatcha get!

The perk of being a member of the COL Club.

True that.  I only care what I think so dress and wear my hair to please myself.  Very freeing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

Does Meri actually think these two look alike? Besides the nose, I don’t get it.

Meri is going to have to filter the heck out of Granny to make them look anything alike.  Wishful thinking on her part.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Sandy W said:

If I am interpreting Meri's post correctly, the masks are supplied by LLR to color co-ordinate with existing t-shirts.  If the masks are produced in the same sweat shop conditions the clothing is, I would think twice before putting one anywhere near my mouth or nose.

I would hope that anything that someone purchases that is worn on the body, is washed prior to wearing.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I think the mask came from another Lulano distributor to match the shirt, that is how I took the message to read.

I can see why you thought this. However, the second tag is the founder/president of LuLaNo.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

On mine it's the same purple as her saggy shirt, so totally matchy-matchy. How do I get your screen? 😄

In my defense, it was 4:30 in the morning and my phone was on “reduce white point” 😂 

I hope it’s at least 2 layers, though. Stretchy knits aren’t exactly the best fabric as it is for masks. 

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

I hope it’s at least 2 layers, though. Stretchy knits aren’t exactly the best fabric as it is for masks. 

Exactly.  They are fairly useless although better than nothing.  You need a tighter weave.

• Love 4
On 8/1/2020 at 6:07 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Great.  Sweat and stink with LLNo.  At least she's toned down the eyebrows and mascara.

Why does anyone still buy that crap?  Apparently some thrift stores don't even want LLNo donations.

That shirt looks like it's made out of that horrible cheap, shiny poly blend that snags the skin on your fingers when you touch it.  It also looks already stretched out and the high-quality stitching at the neck and arms is reminiscent of those super-cheap shirts you can buy in bulk at the craft store to tie-dye, wear twice, then throw away when it falls apart.

And you too can own a LLN Sleepy Panda shirt for the low low price of $27.99, after locating a LLN FB party, joining, waiting, and fighting with Madge from Dubuque over the last size Large!

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

In my defense, it was 4:30 in the morning and my phone was on “reduce white point” 😂 

You weren't that far off though.  If my monitor was accurate, it showed the mask as several shades darker than the t-shirt. Possibly it's Meri's fav. t-shirt and it has been through the washer a dozen times and has faded. 

As dreadfulLeigh pointed out, the panda theme is appealing to Meri as it somehow justifys her heavy hand in the eye makeup arena.  If it occurs in nature, it must be right???

I wonder if she offers that t-shirt for sale to her devotees eventually, she throws in the mask as an added bonus. 

Edited by Sandy W
second thought
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3