Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I still can't believe Meri shills her worn clothes for even more than her ugly, overpriced new rags!

Fools and their money are soon parted.

Same.  I can imagine all the fans claiming they got her worn clothes, and OMG WHAT PERFUME DOES SHE WEAR SHE SMELLS AMAZZZZIIIIINNNNGGGGG. Puke. 

• LOL 9
On 8/2/2020 at 2:14 PM, Kohola3 said:

I just thank heavens that I lived long enough to reach a time in my life where I don't give two hoots about what people think.  Not that I run around looking like a slob but I feel no need to fake anything.  I've never taken a selfie in my life so have no need for filters. Whatcha see is whatcha get!

The perk of being a member of the COL Club.

I *think* I'm a couple years younger than Meri, but amen to the filters. I have taken selfies, although mainly with my grandchildren. I want the memories, not some weird version of my face.

• Love 9
On 6/26/2020 at 10:45 AM, Kyanight said:

10 cents per item of clothing.

Seriously.  Don't the Brown clan have ANY other pants to wear besides the ripped Lularoe denim?  ANY other pants?  You are telling me that those are the ONLY type of pants Meri and Christine wear?

they get those items SUPER cheap - so if I were selling them that's all I would probably wear too AND she probably doesn't have money to buy anything else.

On 7/24/2020 at 10:21 AM, DakotaJustice said:

Ive had that same experience with Spaghetti-Os - couldn't get enough of them as a kid, but was heating a can up for my then toddler nephew and tasted them. YUK POO! How could I have liked them?!? 

Same experience! I was super bummed.  Sometimes I still think that i want some spaghetti o's with hot dogs... but I'd rather not waste $1.50 or how much they cost now 

On 7/24/2020 at 4:42 PM, deirdra said:

I did the same with my favourite from childhood - Chef Boyardee Ravioli - yukko!

I still like Chef boyardee ravioli! 

On 7/26/2020 at 10:58 AM, Fosca said:

I wonder if she doesn't realize how horrible the slate coasters are because she's in the desert and condensation pretty much doesn't happen when there's no humidity.  When I lived in Nevada, condensation was never a problem.

I'm in a craft-ish group and slate coasters are pretty popular sellers. I think just because they look good. Most people don't think about the functionality. 

On 7/31/2020 at 12:16 PM, Absolom said:

Wouldn't it be better and cheaper to simply make your own?  It isn't like cookie butter is tough to get or even make and rice krispy treats are easy enough for a five year old to make.  Then they aren't stale and all sticky from being shipped in summer heat.

I feel like I am a fairly decent baker but I failed SUPER at making rice krispy bars. 

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

I feel like I am a fairly decent baker but I failed SUPER at making rice krispy bars. 

Um, if you tried to bake them I can see why you failed.  They are a no-bake treat!  Basically it's cereal all glued together with sticky stuff.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, CouchTater said:

Mariah looks really cute in that pic with Meri.

Well, her pits are covered for a change.  But I'd like to see them wearing hairnets and gloves along with their aprons if they are getting ready to make Rice "Crispy" Squares for the masses.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, CouchTater said:

Mariah looks really cute in that pic with Meri.

Mariah’s hair seems to either be her natural color or Meri lightened the photo a ton.  All the better to hide shadows caused by wrinkles.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Mariah’s hair seems to either be her natural color or Meri lightened the photo a ton.  All the better to hide shadows caused by wrinkles.  

Dang, I forgot about filters and photo-shopping.  Meri tricked me!

• LOL 3

What kind of "exciting things" can they possibly be doing in the middle of a pandemic?  New additives to the overpriced Rice Krispies Treats? 

Maybe she's joining up with the Pioneer Woman and making some southwest style with cayenne and hot peppers.

• LOL 6
11 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

What kind of "exciting things" can they possibly be doing in the middle of a pandemic?  New additives to the overpriced Rice Krispies Treats? 

Maybe she's joining up with the Pioneer Woman and making some southwest style with cayenne and hot peppers.

I have always found those treats to be a bit bland myself.  I don’t know about hot peppers, but my friend used to own her own bakery and she made the Rice Krispie treats extra large and instead of using Rice Krispies, she used the fruity and cocoa Pebbles cereals to give them extra flavor.  They sold like hot cakes.  She would slap a thin layer of butter cream frosting on the fruity ones and you would have thought Sylvia Weinstock had made them or something.  They were gone before she could put them in the display case!

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 8/5/2020 at 7:55 AM, ginger90 said:

This is the cutest I've seen her look.  Ever.  Looks like her hair is struggling, though.  Or did they mean to give her that style?

So, do we think that Meri has rejected the non-Robyn children, including adorable little Truely?  Or are the children just not interested in spending time with her?   There's not even any pretense that she has a similar relationship with any of the other non-biologicals.

• Love 6

You kin put on some hills or thra on some sneakers. Also gotta love how she talks about Marly like she is a person. 

Giant paisley body with bruised or dirty legs. Which is worse, the dress or the pose? 

• LOL 8
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

That child is 100% Kody.  In fact I see a strong resemblance to Logan, for some reason.  I don't think Ariabellioloa even got Robyn's chin...yet.

She looks kind of like Hunter to me.

12 minutes ago, suomi said:

You kin put on some hills or thra on some sneakers. Also gotta love how she talks about Marly like she is a person. 

Giant paisley body with bruised or dirty legs. Which is worse, the dress or the pose? 

The model.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

There is no "amazingness" to essentially two pieces of cloth sewn together. No darts, no inset sleeves, no collar.  I made more complicated apparel in my first sewing class at age 12.

• Love 13
41 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

How did they happen to get the large pattern right over her boobs?

I think the fabric-cutters working in LuLaNo sweatshops get their revenge by aligning the cutter to put the pattern in the worst possible position, like cacti or rocket ships pointing out of the crotch, rounded patterns at the bustline, etc.

image.png

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

There is no "amazingness" to essentially two pieces of cloth sewn together. No darts, no inset sleeves, no collar.  I made more complicated apparel in my first sewing class at age 12.

I did too, my first dress ever @12 was a mid-thigh version with this general shape, but with darts, inset sleeves and a 2" contrasting colour strip of the same fabric all around the neckline and sleeve bottoms.  It was the late 1960's and colour blocking was in. One round neckline is hard enough, but the design I chose required doing it twice!

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 5
On 8/5/2020 at 1:42 PM, Dmarie019 said:

And Meri's eyebrows HAVE to be tattooed on. They're too smooth and look embedded into the skin. 

Crayola™ Burnt Sienna could give a similar effect; the wax smooths things out.  That was my least-favourite colour in the pack as a child, yet Meri's family favourite.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I knew that picture looked familiar. From April 2019:

And here she actually looks pretty good makeup wise!!! Still heavy eyeliner but not so much of a raccoon effect. 

• Love 4
20 hours ago, CouchTater said:

Looks like her hair is struggling, though.  Or did they mean to give her that style?

My guess is no one combs it except once a day.  Plus they appear to be out camping, its probably hot and her hair is stuck to her head.  She is still at that age where they don't have thick hair yet, it often has a mind of it's own.

19 hours ago, suomi said:

bruised or dirty legs.

It looks like veins in her legs.  I have a small spot on one of mine.  I thought it was dirt and kept scrubbing at it and then realized it was veins popped out.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 8/6/2020 at 5:43 PM, ginger90 said:

Video:

I actually like this piece better than most of the stuff she’s shared but hate the t-shirt sleeves (always have, I just hate that look). Might look dressier with long sleeves and a belt. 

Leave it to our Meri to skinny filter the bottom image, however. You can see the stone pillars bending. 

• LOL 8
On 8/6/2020 at 6:00 PM, suomi said:

Not only do I not see a wedding band, but is Meri not wearing her claudaugh ring, either? 

• Useful 7
  • Love 1

I made it to the episodes around Kody/Meri divorce and Kody/Robyn civil marriage. The look on Meri’s face around all this- it looks like a knife has been stuck in her abdomen. She says she’s dealt with it- but nope. She didn’t even want to be there for the civil ceremony! Although I’m with Kody on this one- if it’s just a formality go and do it (many monogamous couples do that and then have the ceremony and reception later). 

Christine looks genuinely happy at the notion of Robyn’s kids being adopted (I don’t think she cares about the marriage stuff), Janelle doesn’t particularly care about Meri’s feelings but she knows this will change the dynamics of the family. 

• Love 5
On 8/6/2020 at 11:03 PM, deirdra said:

I think the fabric-cutters working in LuLaNo sweatshops get their revenge by aligning the cutter to put the pattern in the worst possible position, like cacti or rocket ships pointing out of the crotch, rounded patterns at the bustline, etc.

image.png

This is the best summary of everything LuLaNo I've ever read. Bravo. 

• Love 4

I'm sure Meri is missing her wet bar today.  I'm assuming Mariah is in Chicago and I saw the big storm headed that way.  I'm sure Meri has shed copious tears and done much hand ringing about how unfair it is that her only child should be in the path of the storm and if she would have had the eight children she wanted then she wouldn't have to worry so much.  And now she doesn't even have her wet bar to make it a real cry.  Poor, poor Meri.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

yeah, we had some weather come through.  A Derecho blew in around 4:30ish.  We were in the basement for almost an hour.  My ex was traveling from Iowa and reported no less than 6 semis had toppled over!!  Very strong winds.

Edited by sharkerbaby
46 minutes ago, sharkerbaby said:

yeah, we had some weather come through.  A Derecho blew in around 4:30ish.  We were in the basement for almost an hour.  My ex was traveling from Iowa and reported no less than 6 semis had toppled over!!  Very strong winds.

Good lord, I hope he's okay!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, sharkerbaby said:

Yeah the weather was pretty bad. I went into the basement for 30min- I was concerned my lawn chairs were going to fly into the neighbors yard (everything was okay). 

Mariah being the drama queen she is probably lamented the trauma of having to hang out in the bathroom for a bit. You know cause she’s Mariah. I don’t live that far from her and it hadn’t been that bad in the city since 2012 if I recall. 

• Love 3

Who's going to take one for the team and enter this virtual shindig?  Winner of the baking contest gets a paper sack full of slightly damp leggings!

And when she says 150 years...I'm assuming she means the house was built 150 years ago?  Because it's only been a B&B for like two years, so it's kind of odd to celebrate something that - for anyone not in Meri's family - didn't even exist until a couple of years ago.

• Love 9
23 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Who's going to take one for the team and enter this virtual shindig?  Winner of the baking contest gets a paper sack full of slightly damp leggings!

And when she says 150 years...I'm assuming she means the house was built 150 years ago?  Because it's only been a B&B for like two years, so it's kind of odd to celebrate something that - for anyone not in Meri's family - didn't even exist until a couple of years ago.

Gotta confess  I'm tempted

• LOL 3
  • Love 1