Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, suomi said:

Ah Sandy! Thank you for ferrying that info to us, now we won't all be logging hits on the site. "Cosmopolitan household accessoriees.'  ROFL Nicely done!

The woman has brass ovaries. We sell this and that and those AND we have gift certificates, come on down! 

If she was a nice person I would feel sad that she is trying so hard to beg her way out of the very, very poor decision to buy that dump.

Meri the marketing genius, priced everything at a .99 price point (29.99 etc), but I couldn't be bothered to type all that, so I just rounded it up.  The tin of mints is remarkable, looks like about 12 mints for $4.99, BUT, as Meri cleverly points out, the tin is reusable.

The whole gang seems to have swung into a hard drive to push whatever they can to squeeze as much as they can from their notoriety.  Janelle with her cameos and scholarships to the health plan, Christine dancing for surgery dollars from her LLR fans...next we may have Robyn flogging the remnants of MSWC at deep discounts.

Something's afoot in Kodyworld.  Maybe the episodes they have filmed so far this year don't meet expectations of the producers and the season may be in jeopardy???

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, suomi said:

PS: just noticed that there are two tiers of rice krispy treats, original and elite.

Elite includes rice krispies.  Original is a bag of marshmallows.

• LOL 15
50 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Eight marshmallow treats for forty bucks?!? That probably cost .25 each to make? 

FIVE BUCKS APIECE?

No, just...no.

Well... they ARE the cookie butter recipe. I wonder how stale they are when they arrive, or how melted and stuck together? Can you imagine trying to lodge a complaint with that hag if you're dissatisfied? 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, suomi said:

Well... they ARE the cookie butter recipe. I wonder how stale they are when they arrive, or how melted and stuck together? Can you imagine trying to lodge a complaint with that hag if you're dissatisfied? 

Really?!? How much does a jar of cookie butter cost at trader Joe's? 

• LOL 2
(edited)
On 7/23/2020 at 5:17 PM, Sandy W said:

The whole gang seems to have swung into a hard drive to push whatever they can to squeeze as much as they can from their notoriety.  Janelle with her cameos and scholarships to the health plan, Christine dancing for surgery dollars from her LLR fans...next we may have Robyn flogging the remnants of MSWC at deep discounts.

Seriously.... I wonder where all of the left over MSWC stuff is?  There has to be bins of it.

Edited by Kyanight
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7

I buy floursack towels fairly often but I won't pay $13 for one when I can get a dozen for less than $20. They're meant to be used and once they become stained where they can't be bleached out I relegate them to my cleaning rag bin until they wear out. 

And slate coasters are an accident waiting to happen as a glass will just slide off plus they don't absorb moisture. My favorite coasters are the cork ones! 

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

And slate coasters are an accident waiting to happen as a glass will just slide off plus they don't absorb moisture. My favorite coasters are the cork ones! 

On Meri's Instagram post, Audrey Kriss commented "those coasters!" and gave a big heart to them.  I seem to recall that Audge designed them on one of their visits.  No matter how impractical they are, Meri will support any effort put forth by Mariah and Audrey. Sadly after all this time, Meri's blood family and by extension, Audrey, are all she has to show for her life.

• Love 3

It's all just a pile of worthless junk and I bet she has a boatload of them since you cannot order just a few of those things from vendors. Next thing you know she'll be selling them used - "I drank my morning coffee from this cup on July 4 so start the bidding!"

I seriously cannot get over the $5 krispy treats.  That's just ludicrous.

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Ive had that same experience with Spaghetti-Os - couldn't get enough of them as a kid, but was heating a can up for my then toddler nephew and tasted them. YUK POO! How could I have liked them?!? 

What - you don't like pasta that tastes exactly like the metal can it came in?  😄

Not sure about y'all but in the midst of a pandemic, what I rilly crave more than anything else is a bag of soggy homemade Rice Krispie treats mushed together by the spray-tanned hands of Meri Brown, potentially packaged by Pudge, and shipped snail mail to my home across the country to sit in my 93-degree mailbox until I get home from work.  Yum!  Who wants one??

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Ive had that same experience with Spaghetti-Os - couldn't get enough of them as a kid, but was heating a can up for my then toddler nephew and tasted them. YUK POO! How could I have liked them?!? 

They have changed the formula of ingredients  JMO, The same with instant Jello pudding, something they have done to it.  Does not taste the same and doesn't mix up very well.  If I had more time I would make some pudding from scratch.  I feel many food items have, in order to make them more cheaply they are substituting or lowering the quality of ingredients.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
(edited)
10 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

What - you don't like pasta that tastes exactly like the metal can it came in?  😄

Not sure about y'all but in the midst of a pandemic, what I rilly crave more than anything else is a bag of soggy homemade Rice Krispie treats mushed together by the spray-tanned hands of Meri Brown, potentially packaged by Pudge, and shipped snail mail to my home across the country to sit in my 93-degree mailbox until I get home from work.  Yum!  Who wants one??

I'm afraid I'll find a blonde hair in it since she doesn't tie her hair back when she cooks. Ew! 

Or maybe she has Bonnie make them, the way she has her making pot holders or whatever the F she's crocheting. Nothing says I love you Mom like making her work past retirement age.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I'm an old chick who still calls them Marshmallow Treats just like the recipe used to say on the box 😌 

Now I want to make a Mock Apple Pie 🌞

Ok, please excuse my ignorance... what is a mock apple pie? I’m curious!!

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, suomi said:

It's an enduring mystery and sounds impossible, but it does taste like apple pie. 

Yep, it really does.  Apples, when cooked, really have very little taste so it's the spices you are enjoying in an apple pie.  The texture is so similar with mock apple pie.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I buy floursack towels fairly often but I won't pay $13 for one when I can get a dozen for less than $20. They're meant to be used and once they become stained where they can't be bleached out I relegate them to my cleaning rag bin until they wear out. 

My favorite coasters are the stretchy terry cloth  "pants" you put on the glasses.  They work really well.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Yep, it really does.  Apples, when cooked, really have very little taste so it's the spices you are enjoying in an apple pie.  The texture is so similar with mock apple pie.

I've seen the recipe, but never tried it.  I have a cookbook collection from the 40's through now, and some of those recipes are weird!  Strange thingks in jello molds and just rilly oddball combinations of ingredients.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

I've seen the recipe, but never tried it.  I have a cookbook collection from the 40's through now, and some of those recipes are weird!  Strange thingks in jello molds and just rilly oddball combinations of ingredients.  

My friend's mother used to make Snowballs with mashed potatoes and icing sugar, dipped in chocolate then rolled in coconut.  They were rilly good.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I did the same with my favourite from childhood - Chef Boyardee Ravioli - yukko!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

My favorite coasters are the stretchy terry cloth  "pants" you put on the glasses.  They work really well.

Quoting myself:  Beverage glass covers on Amazon.  They are terry cloth "pants" that go on the glass.  They were popular in the 1950's, but I still think they are the best for condensation on glasses.  The slate ones like Mary sells are useless, in my humble opinion.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

It's made with Ritz crackers instead of apples.

Janelle should try it since no cutting is required, one of the reasons she never ate fruits & vegetables unless they came out of a #10 can.

• LOL 4
(edited)
8 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

The slate ones like Mary sells are useless, in my humble opinion.

I got some for free at a conference as a speaker's gift & they are worse than useless.  In addition to not absorbing condensation, they get slippery when wet so your drink can spill over the table you are trying to protect.  And they make a lot of noise even when you are trying to carefully set your glass on them.  They came in a very nice wooden box that I like, but I can't even think of any alternative uses for the "coasters" other then holding down napkins & tablecloths during a windy picnic.  But we don't need to carry rocks to our picnic sites since there are plenty of available rocks in nature.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, deirdra said:

They came in a very nice wooden box that I like, but I can't even think of any alternative uses for the "coasters" other then holding down napkins & tablecloths during a windy picnic

Would they work to protect the counter or table from hot dishes?

I haven't had Mock Apple Pie, but around here apples are less expensive than Ritz or Saltine crackers.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, deirdra said:

I did the same with my favourite from childhood - Chef Boyardee Ravioli - yukko!

I’m fully convinced that the recipe has changed since we were kids.  Cheaper ingredients.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Nysha said:

Would they work to protect the counter or table from hot dishes?

I haven't had Mock Apple Pie, but around here apples are less expensive than Ritz or Saltine crackers.

But you don't have to peel and core Ritz crackers 😊

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Nysha said:

There are various stories as to why this recipe came about.  One of them talked about a drought and an apple shortage whereby apples were a lot more expensive than crackers that year.  In another one, they compared prices per pound for each item and while, per pound, the apples were cheaper you need about 10 pounds to make a large pie while you only needed a pound of crackers.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

There are various stories as to why this recipe came about.  One of them talked about a drought and an apple shortage whereby apples were a lot more expensive than crackers that year.  In another one, they compared prices per pound for each item and while, per pound, the apples were cheaper you need about 10 pounds to make a large pie while you only needed a pound of crackers.

You got me going down a rabbit hole! 

https://www.yesterdish.com/2014/10/15/mock-apple-pie-2/

I ALMOST bought a box of Ritz while I was shopping last night. Safeway has em 3 boxes for $10.00.  Pie apples (I would use Granny Smith) are $2.49/lb at the moment. Interesting that the origin dates back to the 1850s - on the pioneer trail fresh apples would have been scarce but most of them used dried apples or hardtack. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

I wonder if she doesn't realize how horrible the slate coasters are because she's in the desert and condensation pretty much doesn't happen when there's no humidity.  When I lived in Nevada, condensation was never a problem.

• Useful 5

Nutritionally, I think the real apple pie is better.  The mock pie made with crackers is simply more carbs.  A pie made with apples, you might get additional nutrients and fiber.  Either way, you're going to use a lot of sugar and spices, not to mention the carbs and fat from the crust.

For me, cakes, pies, and cookies are best used as an extra treat, not to be enjoyed on a daily basis.  Don't think I'm a foodie, I still find myself making a lot of TV dinners or takeout.  When the weather gets hot I refuse to heat up the oven in a house with poor insulation and no air conditioning.  Sometimes it's pure laziness.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Zahdii said:

Nutritionally, I think the real apple pie is better.  The mock pie made with crackers is simply more carbs.  A pie made with apples, you might get additional nutrients and fiber.  Either way, you're going to use a lot of sugar and spices, not to mention the carbs and fat from the crust.

For me, cakes, pies, and cookies are best used as an extra treat, not to be enjoyed on a daily basis.  Don't think I'm a foodie, I still find myself making a lot of TV dinners or takeout.  When the weather gets hot I refuse to heat up the oven in a house with poor insulation and no air conditioning.  Sometimes it's pure laziness.

Same. I make a gluten free apple crumble and it's so good I only make it once every 6 months. I'm not typically tempted to over-eat such treats, but this one is wayyyy too delicious. 

Summer is the best time of year for cool things like cucumber salads, fresh tomatoes, pepper slices in fresh hummus, roasted zucchini, Renier cherries, watermelon and corn on the cob. OMG. I love summer food. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Zahdii said:

Nutritionally, I think the real apple pie is better. 

Well, sure, I don't think anyone is debating that. When the recipe came around in the 1800's and things like crackers and hardtack traveled well across the prairies, they worked with what they had. It's definitely a novelty, no one is saying it should take the place of a real apple pie.

• Love 7
(edited)

What is curious about the recipes DakotaJustice linked to is that many involved breaking up the crackers, whereas with Ritz the point is to leave them whole so they look like apple slices.  I suspect the goal was to make a bread-pudding type desert when you had crackers but no leftover bread or milk, and with a bit less liquid and cinnamon, the result reminded someone of apple pie.  

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Same. I make a gluten free apple crumble and it's so good I only make it once every 6 months. I'm not typically tempted to over-eat such treats, but this one is wayyyy too delicious. 

Summer is the best time of year for cool things like cucumber salads, fresh tomatoes, pepper slices in fresh hummus, roasted zucchini, Renier cherries, watermelon and corn on the cob. OMG. I love summer food. 

and PEACHES!  I love them although I always think of that song by the Presidents of the United States of America when I eat one.

"Nature's candy in my hand, in a can, or a pie."

• Love 2
On 7/24/2020 at 5:42 PM, deirdra said:

On 7/24/2020 at 9:33 PM, Meowwww said:

I’m fully convinced that the recipe has changed since we were kids.  Cheaper ingredients.  

And yet - I still somehow love Campbell's canned spaghetti - but I must have a piece of white bread, buttered, to sop up the sauce.  Which is why I hardly ever have it, I never buy white bread anymore.  That's truly a childhood favorite.

Come to think of it, that spaghetti is nearly the same color as Meri's spray-tan (see how I brought it back to topic)? 😉

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Come to think of it, that spaghetti is nearly the same color as Meri's spray-tan (see how I brought it back to topic)? 😉

All of the Campbell's & Chef Boyardee 'tomato' sauces were the colour of Meri's spray tan.  But I did love me some Campbell's tomato soup with a grilled cheeze sandwich.  Campbell's chicken noodle soup was always paired with PB&J.  On white bread, of course.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

That's a garden?  Looks like a patch of lawn to me.

Such drama.  It's probably because the lilac bushes haven't been pruned in some time and have formed somewhat of an arbor.   They appear to be about as tangled as their family tree.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4