Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E14: Finale, Part 2

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

I'd rather eat ground glass than watch that POS with adolescents acting like mini-adults imitating Christian and Mondo and who knows else.  Personally, I find the entire idea repellent.

Ashely's win was a slap iin the face to what this show once was.  And Nina practically offered her a job on Marie Claire, too.  Ugh.

Tell me about it.  As soon as I saw that obnoxious blonde girl from Westlake Village that calls herself "Big Mama" or "Sweet Mama" or some other such shit, I knew there was no way I'd be watching it. 

Who did Aube walk for in the finale? 

• Love 2

When the judges said (paraphrasing) that Edmund still had things to learn then gave the win to Ashley and her Gift, I swore I saw sharks doing swan dives in the background. Whatever. Edmund has a great career ahead of him and I hope Carrie Underwood rocks one of his dresses soon.

I'm not a Candice fan at all, but wow, did the judges throw her under the bus and back up and down a few times. Painful to watch and I felt for her. She has a strong career ahead of her as well.

Kelly--such a great attitude and she grew so much as a designer. Hope she gets out of the deli for good.

Ashley. Meh. I see the need for plus size fashions that women actually want to wear but have trouble with the judges 'celebrating the curves.' Why don't we just say 'celebrating diabetes and high blood pressure' while we're at it? I'm no skinny-minnie but recently lost 22 pounds to get down to a size 10-12 in an effort (successful) to lower my glucose numbers. Plus, her models were young and firm (if overweight)--I can't imagine anyone over 25 rocking cropped tops. No Ashley, I am not celebrating your win.

And in a big Get Off My Lawn moment, I plan on avoiding the Juniors edition like the plague. Too precocious, too special-snowflaky. 

Wow, do I miss the Bravo days. And much as this win blows, nothing will ever cleanse my mind of Gretchen's win.

Edited by Tess23
  • Love 5

Ashley. Meh. I see the need for plus size fashions that women actually want to wear but have trouble with the judges 'celebrating the curves.' Why don't we just say 'celebrating diabetes and high blood pressure' while we're at it? I'm no skinny-minnie but recently lost 22 pounds to get down to a size 10-12 in an effort (successful) to lower my glucose numbers. Plus, her models were young and firm (if overweight)--I can't imagine anyone over 25 rocking cropped tops. No Ashley, I am not celebrating your win.

This perpetuates a stereotype that everyone overweight is eating pure garbage and not exercising at all. Not everyone who is thin is in good internal health, and not everyone who is overweight has diabetes and high blood pressure. I personally have a lot of weight I'd like to lose, but in terms of overall health I am not diabetic nor do I have any issues with my blood pressure or my LDL or HDL (cholesterol levels). In fact, I've been told I've got great numbers. So... curves (as well as not having curves) can be celebrated. Women can have curves at all sizes and health levels.

Edited by sinkwriter
  • Love 18
Like it or not, there are many fat young women out there.  Let's give 'em something to wear.

I think a lot of the anger about the result is coming because Ashley promoted herself as a plus size designer from day one, and to me that means designing for the fuller figure in mind, not just making big clothes.  The judges giving her the win is, in my mind, their completely washing their hands of the whole issue by saying, "We have a plus size collection!  Good for us!" without REALLY going into what designing plus-size clothes entails and how Ashley did or did not address those issues.  They went for the sound bite, not the substance.  So, yes, as a plus size women, I am insulted they paid such little heed to the very real issues involved in designer for larger figures, and promoting those clothes as a sop.  It's hypocritical that Ashley wasn't held to the same standards of actually making her models look as good as they can as past winners.

• Love 14

Like it or not, there are many fat young women out there.  Let's give 'em something to wear.

Of course! I just can't see how this http://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/scalefit_630_noupscale/563cbae92900002f004dc59c.jpegis the answer.

I did like some of the stuff Ashley did this season - I loved the outfit she did in the first episode, with the gray shirt and yellow and black skirt - and I was rooting for her in the beginning, before the continual crying finally got to me. I just think the judges, particularly Zac and Nina, would have had very different comments about her final collection if it hadn't been a collection specifically geared for plus-size women. 

• Love 2

I watched again today to see if I had perhaps judged too harshly last night.  Nope!  Ashley's collection looked worse to me.  Construction issues aside (seriously though, that falling hem on the first look!), the only outfit that fit properly was the purple lace mermaid one.  The others though... Bad hemlines.  The bra under the glued on flower horror was bunched at the bottom. The pink shorts romper fit really bad.  The catsuit under the sheer long blouse had a terrible fit at the crotch.  Those models were well proportioned and the fit was bad.  No wonder her real person model during the competition wound up with such a bad dress. 

I've been up and down the scale my entire life.  I would love to see more stylish designs for larger women.  This win came off as gimmicky and patronizing and actually seems like more of a put down to plus size women than ignoring them.  It's like here, it covers you, but we don't really think you deserve to look good.

• Love 10

This was the worst collection of finalists this show has ever had. Both Edmond and Candace's collections were beyond basic. Edmond had some honest to good terrible looks.

Kelly's was cohesive and young, but it looked cheap. So cheap that it caused me to revisit Gretchen's collection. Gretchen's collection of Free People knock off wear looks like luxury next to Kelly's. A couple of Kelly's pieces reminded me of some Versace pieces, just done in a really cheap fashion.

Ashley's final look was abysmal. However, her collection was cohesive. I got her reference. And for a collection of pastel lace, she managed to not make a mumsy looking collection. It actually reminds me of the Italian widow drag that Dolce and Gabbana have been working for the past 5 years, even down to the head pieces. It is highly referential once you take a look at some of the Dolce clothes.

In a post Gretchen and Anya world, I no longer expect great judging on this show nor do I expect fantastic talented designers. Except for Mondo, I don't think this show has had any really talented designer compete after season 7.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 1

This perpetuates a stereotype that everyone overweight is eating pure garbage and not exercising at all. Not everyone who is thin is in good internal health, and not everyone who is overweight has diabetes and high blood pressure. I personally have a lot of weight I'd like to lose, but in terms of overall health I am not diabetic nor do I have any issues with my blood pressure or my LDL or HDL (cholesterol levels). In fact, I've been told I've got great numbers. So... curves (as well as not having curves) can be celebrated. Women can have curves at all sizes and health levels.

With you. Just like we "not real" women are not generally imbibing only lettuce, cocaine, and Ex-Lax.

• Love 8

Truth be told, I got a bit of schadenfreude watching the "Mean Girls" get cut. And don't try to defend Kelly. She was as ready to throw Ashley under the bus in the paintball nightmare as any of the others.

There is definitely a part of me that agrees with you.  The way other women targeted Ashley in that episode  was bad and undeserved at the time.  Candice's attitude overall in her talking heads was super obnoxious throughout the entire series.

In the end though I want to see a good designer win regardless of how nice or not they are.  I'd like that person to be nice, but I still want the designs to be the tipping point rather than personality or drama.

• Love 5

There is definitely a part of me that agrees with you.  The way other women targeted Ashley in that episode  was bad and undeserved at the time.  Candice's attitude overall in her talking heads was super obnoxious throughout the entire series.

In the end though I want to see a good designer win regardless of how nice or not they are.  I'd like that person to be nice, but I still want the designs to be the tipping point rather than personality or drama.

Oh, I agree but I also hated Candace and Kelly's collections.

• Love 1

I feel like Kelly was an accident to them. I think they initially put her on the show thinking that she'd be mid-level fodder (which, admittedly, I did think that about her) but then she just started kicking ass and doing better and better and better. And her designs had a voice and a vision. It may not be everybody's thing, but it's definitely a worthwhile voice, unlike Ashley. She probably took the place of Swapnil in their preordained final four. 

Anyways I thought each of them kind of sucked, to be honest. Kelly's was the best but even she had a couple of clunkers. Edmond had some gorgeous gowns but not much else. Candice compromised her vision too much, which kind of sucks. I mean I didn't see her stuff being that great pre-editing, but they at were interesting.

I hate to be one of those folks who cries out conspiracy, but man this season felt more manufactured with the exception of Kelly's rise. I think that was a legitimate surprise.

I agree 100%. I thought Kelly, with her wacky esthetic and 70's point of view was cannon fodder. I loved her from the beginning, but I was always preparing myself for her auf-ing. I really hoped she would go all the way.

And I'm not one for calling shenanigans either, but it was so transparently clear that Ashley was the Chosen One, it was laughable. I don't understand why producer manipulation is needed. Remember season one? You couldn't have edited, manipulated or orchestrated the developments of that halcyon season! Mustache-gate! Morganza's many meltdowns! Wendy Pepper, goddess of evil! Kara Saun's shoe scandal! The fabulous Austin Scarlett! Sigh. Those were the days.

How low-budget can this show get?  When the Lexus guy showed up, I thought he was going to award the winner a new car.  But, no.  He just wanted to announce that the contestants got to drive the 20 blocks from the workroom to Bryant Park in 2 cars among the 4 of them?  Seriously?  

And they didn't even give them a driver! They had to drive themselves!

• Love 7

"Like it or not, there are many fat young women out there.  Let's give 'em something to wear."

Sure, the Aging Mother of the Bride collection should be good enough for them. After all, they may be young, but they're "fat". No need for decent construction, or even sewing...just hot glue those flowers all over that hem. See thru lace with matching granny panties...that will up their confidence. Uneven hems, broken or wonky zippers...hey, who will notice. A see-thru poncho that could double as a shower curtain...good enough.

Edmond, how I wish you or clever Candice had done a plus size, sexy dress, just as a back-up, in the event you smelled a fix. Then, asked for a plus size model yourself...to demonstrate your range.  Would have blown holes in the producer's game, and sent old Sniffles back to mama.

• Love 21

The highlight for me was seeing Aminat open Edmond's show.

I wasn't feeling Candice's or Edmond's collections on the runway -- there were pieces that I liked but the whole thing didn't quite hang together.  So I was okay with it coming down to Ashley or Kelly, but I was really hoping that letting Ashley show would be enough to satisfy that self-congratulatory urge.  Kelly was definitely my favorite.

See through lace with granny panties?

Practically a red carpet cliche at this point.

She has no idea how to make a plus size person look slimmer.

Visually slimming ten pounds off my frame wouldn't make a dent, so it's not something I worry about.

I don't understand why they were telling her to scale it back while Kelli was being told to go big.

One band is playing with their amps set to 11, one band is playing with their amps set to 3.  Tell the first one to turn it down and the second one to turn it up.

The moment Kelly put those headphones on her models, I immediately had a flashback to Jay McCarroll's finale collection

I thought the same thing!  Still my favorite collection.

• Love 2

I'm quite sure that other contestants (I refuse to call them designers) besides Candice had so-called obnoxious comments in their Talking Heads; the producers simply declined to air them.  And nothing she said was over-the-top, back-stabbing, or win-at-all-costs.

• Love 4

With you. Just like we "not real" women are not generally imbibing only lettuce, cocaine, and Ex-Lax.

LOL. Absolutely. (And wow, does that sound like a horrible way to live. Lettuce, cocaine and Ex-Lax?? Heee.  *shudders*)

I'm quite sure that other contestants (I refuse to call them designers) besides Candice had so-called obnoxious comments in their Talking Heads; the producers simply declined to air them.  And nothing she said was over-the-top, back-stabbing, or win-at-all-costs.

Other than the Mean Girls stuff which I do put a lot of on Candice's shoulders, seeing how she took charge of that particular challenge in many ways... I do agree that she's not the worst. Most of the stuff she said was merely eye-roll inducing. Someone like Wendy Pepper, on the other hand - that's someone that made me want to throw things at my TV, she made me so mad.

• Love 1

Oh, where to begin.

I'm stunned anyone watches this in real time. PR (and countless other shows) have already proven how overstuffed the finale shows are with commercials and promos. Why set yourself up for the aggravation? I watched the whole thing in about 45 minutes.

Kelly: My heart broke for her. She was robbed and wronged. Sure, it was clear she wasn't designing for the suave, sophisticated crowd. So what? She knows who her target is and she spoke to them. I can't fault a designer for aiming for an audience I can't relate to. The question is: did she do it succesfully, with consistency and solid craft, with an understanding that the runway is in essence a performace space? Yes, yes, and yes. All that, and with a dollop of humor to boot. Love her.  I commented earlier how cheap her stuff looked to me. Her runway completely won me over.

Oh, Edmond. I hope he realizes that he was judged wanting by a panel of judges whose job is NOT to reward good design, but to  make (allegedly) good television. It really was between him and Kelly for the legit win. If I ever win the lottery, I'm going to fly him out to me and have him make me a wardrobe. (Anybody else get the sense he's a much better designer on his own time, minus the frenetic PR silliness?)

Everything that could be said about Ashley has been said - preordained, unrealistic clothing, etc. - and I disagree on only one point: Zac was right when he lauded her consistency and color choices. Her complete collection countered the washed-out pastels we saw in her preview with flashes of blue and teal, and the head-dresses picked up all the colors. The styling was lovely. (But as someone already mentioned: good lord, some of that walking! Gorgeous though she was, I thought the first model was going to fall right over. What weird tromping!)

Candice. Damn, I think the stress got to her, and her strong inner core failed her. Like a lot of you, I wish she'd said, screw'em all, and showed everything the way she'd first designed it. She may still have gone down, but would have been true to herself. And I agree that she's got a future and a following from having done the show.

The PR honchos know two very important things: there's a strong audience that will just keep watching, no matter how bad it gets; and they have no competition. No way anyone would fund a saner, more authentic competition sans all the pseudo-drama, which is the only thing that could kill this off, because PR is a behemoth now. So they're set, and happy, and this will keep running with its endless sprogs of spinoffs until everyone involved dies or retires. They've got nothing to lose by keepin' on keepin' on.

LOL. Absolutely. (And wow, does that sound like a horrible way to live. Lettuce, cocaine and Ex-Lax?? Heee.  *shudders*)

And the wet cotton balls! Don't forget the cotton balls.

I'll give a test drive to Project Runway Junior because some of those kids seem genuinely astounding in their maturity and skill, and I want to see what they come up with. Sadly, they're in for some tough ife lessons about television "reality" and life's unfairness.

(Edited because I need an editor and can't afford one.)

Edited by JosieThePussycat
  • Love 2

The PR honchos know two very important things: there's a strong audience that will just keep watching, no matter how bad it gets; and they have no competition. No way anyone would fund a saner, more authentic competition sans all the pseudo-drama, which is the only thing that could kill this off, because PR is a behemoth now. So they're set, and happy, and this will keep running with its endless sprogs of spinoffs until everyone involved dies or retires. They've got nothing to lose by keepin' on keepin' on.

GREAT point. All sad but true.

And the wet cotton balls! Don't forget the cotton balls.

Ewww! What do you do with the wet cotton balls? On second thought, maybe don't answer that. (LOL.)

When I saw Ashley's collection, I rushed to the closet where my tablecloths are hanging. I was sure she had somehow taken my Grandmother's lace cloths and died them to make those tacky clothes. Over the years I've counseled many overweight girls, and I can't believe any of them would have thought those clothes are attractive. After her third or fourth TH I knew she was the winner--no teary, makeup running laments--just pure smugness. What a slap in the face to those who are more creative and talented.

• Love 12

"I read it as 100% pure, unadulterated snark."

The finale all together was four hours, for maybe 20 minutes of relevant material. At the end of it, almost everyone went home. Not sure how it's "obnoxious," except for the craptastical puns, which after a whole season of my covering the show you should probably have developed a tolerance for. Hee.

• Love 8

So it's "groundbreaking" that we big women should look like hippos from Fantasia? 

I knew we were in trouble with the batshit crazy flower head dresses. But I could not believe that the judges took seriously that godawful giant satin ballroom gown with the tacky flowers. (Actually, they didn't. They should win Emmys for best acting ever. This was so obviously Lifetime pandering to plus-sized women because NO WAY would Zac Posen think that was a good look.)

That thing looked like a fricking parade float. I guess Ashley never got the memo that you use LESS fabric with big women. Trying to hide our bodies in voluminous fabric only makes us look bigger. And then that WTF poncho.  Let's cover up our arms and cleavage in shame, because no fat woman wants to go sleeveless (which okay, is kinda true). But if I'm going to wear a skirt like that (which again, I wouldn't be caught dead in), I will wear a close fitting black top that accentuates my curves. Not that fucking poncho that make me look like a sad "It's a Small World After All" doll.

The saddest thing about her collection is it revealed how Ashley feels about herself, as a big woman. Her clothes aren't groundbreaking. If anything, they are a step backward. This day and age, big women don't have to be relegated to ugly, garish prints and shapeless silhouettes. I am a size 18 and 56 years old, and I wear little black dresses with cleavage. I wear jeans. I have a killer red dress that takes no prisoners. I wouldn't be caught dead in ugly pastels, grandmother lace, and sacks that hide my body. 

So, Project Runway. You are no longer about fashion, but about pandering and TV entertainment. Of course, you've always been about that, but you used to have standards. We used to actually see real talent up there. And Tim Gunn used to seem authentic. Sigh. I'm done. But I say that every year. 

• Love 21

I can't believe Ashley won. I thought it was one horrendous look after another that came down the runway. A couple of her models looked like they had some problems walking. The muse outfit was hideous. I thought the kids previewed for PR Junior had better designs than Ashley.

Speaking of the muse outfit, what happens to Aube who was her usual model? Does she still get to win the model's prize, especially if the spread Ashley is supposed to do for MC is plus size? Does some random model who was in Ashley's final collection get the model prize?

As if this win wasn't bad enough, I'm really hoping they weren't shirking the model prize with this situation. Aube was the ONLY good thing about several of Ashley's looks this season. She deserves something even if she's not in the spread. I wonder if she knew all along that she'd get "auf'ed" from Ashley's Fashion Week show even if Ashley made it?

She was either tipped off by the show or she shrewdly read the writing on the wall, because her talking heads oozed with smugness.   For someone who wore her insecurity on her sleeve all season, she did an abrupt one-eighty.

Personally, I don't think obesity should be celebrated or rewarded.   It's unhealthy and it sets a poor example for children.   Is there anybody who thinks Ashley won't be suffering from weight-related health issues ten years from now?  Diabetes maybe?

I agree about her smugness. For all everyone kept slamming Candice for her talking heads, I found Ashley to be just as annoying. And in the workroom she came off like Eeyore all the time.

I'm not really sure what constitutes "Plus Size" in fashion.. I think it's anything over a size 4. But going by the usual sizing in RTW (which has gone haywire with vanity sizing... don't get me started!)

XS = 0-2

S = 4-6

M = 8-10

L = 12-14

And only above that do we go to what they used to call "Women" sizes (to distinguish from Junior and Ladies). Or something like that.

I'd guess those models were size L, which doesn't make them Plus except in the ultra skinny world of fashion. None of them were obese, although Ashley herself is certainly at an unhealthy weight.

But then so are most of the fashion models.

My bad, Patricia did not win but I remember Heidi championing her like she did Ashley. I would not be surprised if next season they do have a transgender designer on.

They had a transgender contestant on All Stars. She competed originally as a man. I can't remember the name, but it was an Asian guy.

I hate when they don't pay attention to their own models or treat them like clothes hangers instead of people. 

I re-watched the part 1 show before this came on, and Edmond (always the gentleman) said "Thank you Ladies" to his models when Heidi told all the models they could leave the runway.

Edmond made me want to strangle him during the episode with Hanmiao, but he definitely won me over during the rest of the season. It was sad to see him hit the wall just when he needed MOST to be creative.

• Love 1

Also--so annoying: the longgggg wait to hear the final decision. I swear there were 50 commercials and a million previews about the  "PR Runway JR" show before we heard who won. I was switching between PR and  Chris Messina's striptease on "The Mindy Project" on my Roku, and I decided I'd rather see Chris Messina naked than any of these clothed models on PR. (But then, who wouldn't?)  My point is, when PR first started out, I would be glued to the TV, waiting to hear who won. I'd sit through all the commercials. Now, I just don't care. 

Edited by venezia54
  • Love 1

There is nothing groundbreaking about Ashley's collection, other than she foisted them on plus-size models. The looks were pure MOB, unflattering and poorly constructed. That last look??? It made the model look like a flower-strewn blimp. Also bear in mind that plus-size models are approximately a size 12. Put those clothes on a true plus-size woman and I can't imagine anyone who would want to wear them.

• Love 5

Kelly: My heart broke for her. She was robbed and wronged. Sure, it was clear she wasn't designing for the suave, sophisticated crowd. So what? She knows who her target is and she spoke to them. I can't fault a designer for aiming for an audience I can't relate to. The question is: did she do it succesfully, with consistency and solid craft, with an understanding that the runway is in essence a performace space? Yes, yes, and yes. All that, and with a dollop of humor to boot. Love her.  I commented earlier how cheap her stuff looked to me. Her runway completely won me over.

I had an awful thought while driving a little while ago:

Now Kelly will have to go back to the deli.

I watched the first 45 minutes of this episode, saw the way the wind was blowing, and fast forwarded to the end. It is very obvious that they intended, almost from the very beginning of the season, to make Ashley the winner, regardless of her performance. How disappointing.

• Love 1

I re-watched the part 1 show before this came on, and Edmond (always the gentleman) said "Thank you Ladies" to his models when Heidi told all the models they could leave the runway.

I really liked that, too. He was a mess during the challenge with Hanmiao (though I do think she challenged his patience quite a bit, LOL), but throughout the rest of the show he was gracious and gentlemanly. I liked his attitude a lot.

Now Kelly will have to go back to the deli.

I hope not! In fact, I hope some designer out there gives her a call to come work with them or mentor under them. She's certainly open to learning and expanding her skills, and she's fun.

• Love 2

"I read it as 100% pure, unadulterated snark."

The finale all together was four hours, for maybe 20 minutes of relevant material. At the end of it, almost everyone went home. Not sure how it's "obnoxious," except for the craptastical puns, which after a whole season of my covering the show you should probably have developed a tolerance for. Hee.

My daughter works nights, so when she got home this morning, I told her she would only need about 25 minutes to watch and see who won.  :-)  Hugely overinflated show. 

And, just so we're clear, I am 100% in favor of 100% snark. 

Edited by Calamity Jane
  • Love 2

I've actually been feeling a little bad for you lately, since you seem to be seriously in this for the clothes, and they've been such an afterthought this season.

• Love 1

I just watched the finale and cannot believe this BS. I rooted for Ashley day one, then after her crying through the first two episodes, I was done. The last straw was how she dressed the plus size crew member like an 8-year old girl, then got mad and put her in a peplum dress made out of the ugliest purple-pink print in PR history from what looked like a McCormick pattern from 19whatever.

Ashley's muse look in the finale was a copycat attempt of Swapnil's Hallmark challenge skirt. Difference is, I would actually squeeze my big but into that paper thin thing that he made before I'd EVER consider wearing anything she's made or worn on the show. No sheer fabric in the world makes it ok to see plus size thighs in granny panties in public unless on the beach.

Kelly was robbed. I wouldn't wear her crap either, but at least it had some innovation, technique and fit.

Edmond would have been my second choice for his attitude and perseverance alone. He just needs to keep at it to develop a more unique, polished look.

I felt sorry for Candace. Not for losing, but for not showing all that hardware she made for the runway, just because she thought she actually had a chance. Her collection was a snooze without the costumes.

I haven't been this mad since Gretchen won, but somehow Gretchen was more deserving between the two....wow...did I just type that?

• Love 2

There are people out there designing plus size fashions that are actually wearable, modern, and made to fit and flatter a variety of curvy women.  If anyone is interested do a search for videos of UK Plus Size Fashion Week.  They're not all winners, but there are a lot of nice outfits.

• Love 1

I think the first model in Edmund's show was on America's Next Top Model. Can't remember her name tho. I thought she looked fantastic.

Ashley's win makes me think of the ANTM season where the "plus sized" model won. That seemed "pre-determined" as well.

It's sad when you have to be shady just to prove a "politically correct" point.

• Love 2

I'm sorry but as a plus sized woman there isn't a single look in Ashley's collection I'd look twice at except to wince. She showed no sensitivity to the areas of the body that larger women learn to camouflage. And as a connesieur of retro styling, she missed the mark entirely. Three-quarter sleeves and calf length skirts hide all manor of sins,and emphasizing the ample bust is a must bit she basically made skinny clothes bigger and that's a failure. I am disgusted by this result.

• Love 5

Don't know if anyone is interested but Tom and Lorenzo review the finale at http://tomandlorenzo.com/2015/11/pop-style-opinionfest-project-runway-season-14-finale-blowout/#!prettyPhoto(I skip the underwear - mattress - dinner ads, which I have heard before, even though I know ads pay the bills).  They would have given Kelly the win.  They were pretty underwhelmed by Ashley, especially the parade float dress. They remembered a past design who hand beaded her collection and were pretty dismissive of Ashley gluing her flowers on.  Anyway, just a FYI for anyone who wants to listen.

Wow, thanks for that! I thought they stopped paying attention years ago. (Understandably so.)

Ewww! What do you do with the wet cotton balls? On second thought, maybe don't answer that. (LOL.)

Everything you were afraid was true: look up "cotton ball diet"!

Worth noting tho: I'm in the media, and I know how often something is trumpeted as a "trend", when it's in fact something that one person might have done once, as relayed to a friend through a neighbor's aunt!

• Love 2

Ahhh my computer just flipped out and deleted everything I just typed. Ugh. My main point was....

I cannot fathom how Zac could hold his tongue about the shiny purple glued-on flower monstrosity Ashley had up there with her at judging. Is it 1795 in here? Wtf was that? No way Zac didn't despise that "look" in his own head. I mean, sure this show has always been varying levels of contrived, pre-determined, etc., but this season was a particularly nonsensical one.

Times like this is when I truly, truly wish that Michael Kors was still judging...I would pay money to hear his comments on all of the collections this season!  

Also, while I think Carrie Underwood is a very nice person, and she has a great singing voice, I really don't get how someone like that is one of the judges for the finale??!!  I mean, seriously - didn't she just slap her name on a line of "work out gear" for Dick's Sporting Goods?  So, that qualifies her as an arbiter of fashion?

What happened to the judges who know fashion - oh, for the days of Fern Mallis, Diane Von Furstenberg, and even Victoria Beckham (ugh....)~~judges who are actually involved in, and respected in the fashion world!!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 10

As to Kelly, I was reminded back in Season 3(?) when Michael Knight was dressed down for his tight flashy Verache type dresses. While Kelly didn't win, her aesthetic was praised to the gills , ( glitter on shoes and fanny packs AND figure skater nude illusion, WTF) while Michaels's " tacky" collection was his downfall.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 3

I absolutely CANNOT get why "FAT*ASHlee" won.  Lots of people out there doing Plus Size clothing,  I know cause I am a plus size kinda girl!  

This is the first season of PR I have watched in a couple of years.  I WON'T be back for next season, after this ho-hum snoozefest.  I agree with a previous poster who asked why this season's designers weren't screened better.  Swapnil was the only hope.

I liked Candice's stuff mostly, and thought her tailoring seemed great; I just get tired of black, black, red, black.  I liked Edmund's stuff too, for the most part, especially his Finale (yes even the toilet paper dress I thought looked 'editorial').  Kelly was fun to watch, and she put lots of effort into her materials.  I wasn't on board with her designs though, but she was much more deserving than Ashley.  I liked some of Ashley's colour pallettes, but also agree with previously posted that she "can't even make herself look good, so WHY would I buy any of her designs?"  Totally impractical and that hideous finale, with the exception of that turq colored number---I DID like--were cheap & badly done.  The fact that she glued those flowers on that last monstrous thing should have had her eliminated right then and there.

I am sick of PR now, even my favourite guy TimGunn let me down this time because he went after Swapnil so roughly.

Almost forgot to write how much I can't stand Kelly Osborne anymore.  Used to like her, now she's a bad parody of her former self.

The force-feeding of PR Jr's I won't watch either.   Goodbye PR, you were great TV when you played it clean and fair...now just GO AWAY.

Edited by Darling Lily
  • Love 5

Yeah, I refuse to believe that hot young ladies today, of any size, are looking to walking around in see-through, Mother-Of-The-Bride, lace ponchos with bridal bouquets on their heads. That is not happening.

Worst Winner Ever. Gretchen's stuff was at least plausibly something that a live human being wouldn't be ashamed to be seen in. Patricia's stuff was genuinely artistic and exhibited real technique in crafting the paillets and horsehair items. Irina ... hell, I dont even remember her stuff. Was it knitwear? Whatever, it wasn't just a bad joke.

Did Ashley even make those hairpieces or did she buy them?

• Love 3

I stopped watching last night because I couldn't abide the commercials, and the obnoxious rug-rats of PR Junior.

I had an urge to slap about half of them.   That's when I decided I probably shouldn't watch that show.

• Love 1

I was all for a Kelly win, but I really do think that Ashley was second best out of the four.  I loved the pink and turquoise outfit and the seafoam two piece.  Both Kelly's and Ashley's collections showed great on the runway.

Kelly Osbourne looks horrendous.  She's trying to be edgy, but it's not New York edgy.  It's LA pretentious edgy.

Oh, I have to say something about Gretchen.  No one should EVER even speak of her in a positive tone.  EVER.

Edited by Pattycake2
  • Love 2