Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

RAMI!!!! That's all I cared about tonight. To think this guy I discovered when I decided to check out this Christian Slater show Mr. Robot because it sounded interesting, is now an Oscar winner. Man Bohemian Rhapsody truly was the little movie that could. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Archery said:

Interesting that actor who lip synced (mostly) an impression of a real musician wins over an actor who learns to play guitar and piano, and learns to sing a (mostly) original character.  Just wasn't that impressed with the craftsianship of Rami Malek. 

If this is a BCoop reference, it's also the fourth time that particular movie has been made. I think ultimately that worked against him. However, everything about this awards season has been mind-boggling to me. I do not understand all of the love that Bohemian or Green Book have been getting. Both were perfectly okay movies but I wasn't blown away. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Archery said:

Interesting that actor who lip synced (mostly) an impression of a real musician wins over an actor who learns to play guitar and piano, and learns to sing a (mostly) original character.  Just wasn't that impressed with the craftsianship of Rami Malek. 

Unfortunately I think the movie's promotion became all about Gaga. I agree that Bradley Cooper made Jackson Maine warm and sweet which made his spiral downwards sadder. And he's a good singer.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Its so wild that just a few years ago, Rami was one of several semi known actors I was aware of because they went to school near where I went to school. Look at him now!

Where did you go to school? I live in Evansville, where Rami when to college.

• Love 1

We did get a bit of Stanley Donen in the clip with Albert Finney and Audrey Hepburn, in Two For The Road.  I'll have to play it back because I didn't catch if Dick Miller was included, and honestly that's someone that should have been if he wasn't. 

I like the no host deal, it's clipping right along. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

Where did you go to school? I live in Evansville, where Rami when to college.

I went to college at USI, and had tons of friends who went to college at UoE, where he went to school! I have lots of friends in Evansville still 🙂 

Small world!

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 1