Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, anyanka323 said:

Viola's probably thinking "I survived dealing with Jared Leto while making and promoting Suicide Squad, I'm allowed to show some shade towards Casey Affleck.  Most people will understand."

If Leto didn't already have one of his own, I'd suggest she invite him over to show it off as a pretense to beating him over the head with it.

• Love 4

If the guy had thanked his "long-legged wife," I would have chalked it up to some cutesy talk that's meaningful between them. I do the same for "blue-eyed."

For the record, I would have also found that super weird. 

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

Was Miguel Ferrer included in the In Memorium?

I didn't see him. I didn't realize he was in movies, he'll always be Garret Macy from Crossing Jordan to me.

3 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I feel like next year they presenters are all going to be holding up the card when they announce the category.

Yes and all double checking the front also to see what it reads. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, blackwing said:

For me, it's because I think lots of people thank their wives ("my beautiful wife", "the love of my life", "my wife who is a fantastic partner and an amazing mother to our children" etc) but I don't think I've ever heard anyone thanking their "blue-eyed wife".  It indicates to me that he thinks he is lucky that his wife has blue eyes.  Or that that is her only distinctive feature.  I would have thought it equally odd if someone thanked their "brown-eyed wife" or their "hazel-eyed wife".

When you're into the sister-wives thing, you can't just say " my wife".  You need to be more specific.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Gam2 said:

OMG! The SHOCK! The HORROR! This is the worst thing to ever happen!! They announced the wrong film as the winner of Best Film. In the cosmic world view, do any reasonable, thinking people even care about these over-compensated, living in an alternative universe from the rest of us people and their self aggrandizing "awards" program? This just makes me laugh and shake my head. How many people were murdered in that wonderful city, Chicago, today? Now that's a horror. 

I think we're all still posting in this thread three days later because it holds some interest for us.  It doesn't mean we don't care about the tragedies going on around the world.

• Love 14
13 hours ago, piequinn35 said:

It's funny that the last joke of Jimmy to Matt Damon (He's gonna ask Matt what is it like to be a loser?) was scrapped because of Matt Damon look-alike. :xD

Do we know what that last killer joke was going to be? Was that all it was? When I heard there'd been one last joke planned for the finale, I started imagining what it might be. My favorite idea involved Damon getting payback by putting a pie into Kimmel's face, or (fake) pummeling him into the ground, or chasing him round and round the stage while Kimmel runs away from him.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 2/28/2017 at 10:00 PM, Artsda said:

All the attacks on social media and just in general on Casey's win is odd to me. It's like a smear campaign with people not knowing the facts and condemned him guilty. Comments that he shouldn't have won because of it, even. 

This is the same Academy that gave on the run, can't enter the country Roman Polanski an  Oscar right? And when he was announced the winner the crowd went screaming in applause and gave him a standing ovation.  That was a convicted child rapist. 

It's not a smear campaign, a lot people are just tired of seeing guys like Affleck get to just keep on keeping on. Neutrality only helps abusers. Despite what misogynists like to say, false accusations are vanishingly rare as are the supposed life-ruining consequences they have for men. There are good reasons to think he is or could be guilty; not so many to assume he isn't or might not be. If he didn't do it he should have sued those women or filed charges (if possible). If he didn't do it, they're criminals. So why not pursue that? Why would you support the course of action that doesn't reveal the truth? I get why victims often don't pursue charges- few cases are ever prosecuted, despite the accuracy of the average accusation, and when they are the rapists are rarely given decent prison sentences (hello, Brock Turner). But Casey Affleck is a rich white male, very connected, living in a society that automatically assumes women are lying about assault and harassment despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. It would be very easy for him to drag those two women to court. But he didn't, which is pretty weird.

Yes, Hollywood tends to protect rich white men. Polanski, Gibson, Affleck.

Edited by slf
  • Love 21
16 hours ago, blackwing said:

I agree that this would have helped, but I just don't think it's necessary.  We are talking about a man in his 50s.  He's not in 1st grade.  All of this would have been avoided if he simply would have bothered to have paid attention to what he was doing.  I've seen some excuses made for his actions such as "oh, they changed the envelopes this year, they were red with gold printing and it was hard to see in the dim light".  BS.  If the light was dim, use a flashlight.  If he was more concerned about doing his job than he was about Emma Stone, then this wouldn't have happened.  

Good for Cheryl Boone Isaacs.  PWC wasn't addressing what was going to happen to Cullinan and he wasn't saying anything, so Boone Isaacs said it for them.  You're fired.  I wouldn't be surprised if PWC is still retained by the Academy, but it's good to hear that Cullinan will not be returning.  Too bad for Martha Ruiz that she got dragged down by him, but I suppose she could have followed "the protocol" and stopped the ceremony right away, and she didn't.

It's puzzling why Cullinan has been silent.  I'm sure he has retained a lawyer, or the firm gave him access to one, and maybe they are telling him to remain silent.  But really, what is he afraid of?  Legal liability?  It's not like there's any real damages.  There was no money at stake.  The error was corrected within a few minutes.  Is he afraid that the Moonlight or the La La Land people will sue him for emotional distress?  Why not MAN UP to your error, make a statement, and just hope the world moves on.  In the age of the internet, this is probably one of those things that will never be truly forgotten (a la Miss Teen South Carolina, "I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable [to locate the United States on a map] because some people out there in our nation don't have maps....").  But certainly and undoubtedly, there will be someone else that comes around and makes a bigger gaffe and he won't be at the forefront of people's minds.

It shouldn't be necessary. But sadly the social media craze and the lure of being able to tweet or instagram pictures or comments that show that you are a part of whatever big thing is happening right then and there is a heady thing. It seems so many get caught up in it. He should be man enough to step up and apologize and take the heat. He should have done so that night, by shaking hands with and offering apologies to everyone who was affected by his fuck up., right there on stage. Making a mistake is a part of being human, its how you deal with your mistakes that show what type of person you are.

• Love 7
(edited)

Interview with the stage manager. An interesting read. This is inexcusable, and reason enough for them to be fired from this job:

“As I was taking Matt’s wife to the side of the house, I heard John Esposito on my headset say, ‘Brian says he didn’t think they said the right winner. Can you have Martha check her envelope?’ That was the first time I heard anything about it, and it was probably a minute, or a minute and 15 seconds, from the time Faye announced the wrong winner.”

Because Natoli was no longer in the wings near Ruiz, he radioed another stage manager to find Ruiz and have her open the second Best Picture envelope. “She was standing there with the envelope in her hand, very low-key,” he said of Ruiz. “And John Esposito said that Brian was very low-key too, no urgency. But we had Martha open the envelope, and it said ‘Moonlight.'”

Natoli said he immediately told the stage managers in the wings, “Get the accountants out there!” But he said both Cullinan and Ruiz hesitated. “John was trying to get Brian to go on stage, and he wouldn’t go,” he said. “And Martha wouldn’t go. We had to push them on stage, which was just shocking to me.”

So she didn't even realize the wrong winner had been called, even though she was supposed to have them memorized? Even if she wasn't the one to hand out the wrong envelope, yeah, she deserves to be removed from the assignment.

“I still do not understand the delay,” Natoli told TheWrap. “Brian should have run out there on his own. Martha should have run out there.

“I didn’t get on the headset and say, ‘Hey, producers, this is what’s happening. What do we do?’ We took our own initiative and got it done — and if we hadn’t done that, we could have been off the air before it was fixed. I’m proud of the way that we handled it, given the lack of response from PwC.”

Edited by TheOtherOne
  • Love 13
16 hours ago, blackwing said:

For me, it's because I think lots of people thank their wives ("my beautiful wife", "the love of my life", "my wife who is a fantastic partner and an amazing mother to our children" etc) but I don't think I've ever heard anyone thanking their "blue-eyed wife".  It indicates to me that he thinks he is lucky that his wife has blue eyes.  Or that that is her only distinctive feature.  I would have thought it equally odd if someone thanked their "brown-eyed wife" or their "hazel-eyed wife".

That comment doesn't bother me as much as it does some people. And I, for one, get tired of reading books or watching movies that say a woman is beautiful because she has blue eyes or blond hair or porcelain-white skin.

I don't think Horowitz meant (at least I hope he didn't) that his wife is beautiful because her blue eyes are what the world has adopted as its standard of beauty. I'd like to think he likes his wife's eyes and would have said the same thing if her called her his green-eyed wife or his beautiful, brown-eyed wife. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, slf said:

It's not a smear campaign, a lot people are just tired of seeing guys like Affleck get to just keep on keeping on. Neutrality only helps abusers. Despite what misogynists like to say, false accusations are vanishingly rare as are the supposed life-ruining consequences they have for men. There are good reasons to think he is or could be guilty; not so many to assume he isn't or might not be. If he didn't do it he should have sued those women or filed charges (if possible). If he didn't do it, they're criminals. So why not pursue that? Why would you support the course of action that doesn't reveal the truth? I get why victims often don't pursue charges- few cases are ever prosecuted, despite the accuracy of the average accusation, and if when they are the rapists are rarely given decent prison sentences (hello, Brock Turner). But Casey Affleck is a rich white male, very connected, living in a society that automatically assumes women are lying about assault and harassment despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. It would be very easy for him to drag those two women to court. But he didn't, which is pretty weird.

Yes, Hollywood tends to protect rich white men. Polanski, Gibson, Affleck.

Exactly, Nate Parker, a Black man was accused of the same crime and got blackballed from Hollywood.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Milburn Stone said:

I love all the faces in that photo. Ben Affleck's face is turned around to his right and slightly behind him. I assume he was looking at his brother to share a mutual "What the &#^@ is going on?!??" Which is kind of sweet.

Tangential questions:  Who are the blonde women seated on either side of Ben Affleck?  And why was Affleck himself in the front row?  He wasn't nominated for anything this year.

(edited)

I can't stand Ben but to be fair, Halle Berry was in the front row and presented one of the biggest awards of the night and what has she really been in for awhile? Not to mention the year they had J-Lo up in the front right next to Meryl Streep and she's never even been nominated for anything. Ben has two Oscars, one as a producer for a Best Picture winner.

He presented with his guest.  I don't remember that other dude's name.

lol...

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1
(edited)
30 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Exactly, Nate Parker, a Black man was accused of the same crime and got blackballed from Hollywood.

Nate Parker was arrested and tried on trial for gang rape. Which the other person on trial with him was convicted. There's actual facts from the trial. 

That is nothing like the same of a straight to civil suit that never had any charges filed and there's no facts about.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Inquisitionist said:

Tangential questions:  Who are the blonde women seated on either side of Ben Affleck?  And why was Affleck himself in the front row?  He wasn't nominated for anything this year.

I assume the one on his left (next to La Streep) is his girlfriend/wife.  The one on his right is Michelle Williams' date/friend, Busy Phillips.

I don't begrudge him being in the front row.  He presented one of the screenplay awards with Matt Damon, which is one of the bigger non-acting awards.  It's not like he was in prime seats on the end.  He was stuck in the middle of the row, which I would assume is considered less prestigious.  Damon got an end seat in the second row.

1 minute ago, Artsda said:

Nate Parker was arrested and tried for gang rape. Which the other person on trial with him was convicted. 

That is nothing like the same of a civil suit that never had any charges filed. 

There should be a standard, if Nate Parker is to excluded for his crime. Why is Roman Polansky still worshipped by the Liberal Hollywood elite. He raped a 13 year old child.  I hate hypocrisy.  Woody Allen is still a part of Hollywood, despite the accusations against him.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

There should be a standard, if Nate Parker is to excluded for his crime. Why is Roman Polansky still worshipped by the Liberal Hollywood elite. He raped a 13 year old child.  I hate hypocrisy.  Woody Allen is still a part of Hollywood, despite the accusations against him.

Exactly, if we want to compare Nate (who came out in media & said he didn't understand consent) to someone. Let's compare him to Roman. Who was arrested for rape and ended up getting a standing ovation when he won the Oscar. An Oscar ceremony he couldn't attend because he was on the run and can't enter the country.  Heck even Jack Nicholson and Meryl Streep was standing and applauding him!  Sean Penn got 2 Oscars after those police reports were filed of his abuse to Madonna (which she's taken back probably because it's better for her). 

Yet people want to make an example out of Casey Affleck? How PR handles the media factors a lot.  The way Nate handled he media was pretty horrible.  

(edited)
8 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Exactly, if we want to compare Nate (who came out in media & said he didn't understand consent) to someone. Let's compare him to Roman. Who was arrested for rape and ended up getting a standing ovation when he won the Oscar. An Oscar ceremony he couldn't attend because he was on the run and can't enter the country.  Heck even Jack Nicholson and Meryl Streep was standing and applauding him!  Sean Penn got 2 Oscars after those police reports were filed of his abuse to Madonna (which she's taken back probably because it's better for her). 

Yet people want to make an example out of Casey Affleck? How PR handles the media factors a lot.  The way Nate handled he media was pretty horrible.  

For me, it highlights White Privilege and the hypocrisy of Hollywood vis a vis Nate Parker.  It is why some people in this country mock Hollywood and their causes. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Quof said:

The Rock's explanation of his reaction is hilarious:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BREPDGNFdrT/?taken-by=therock

Yes. Some good laughs. 

21 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

For me, it highlights White Privilege and the hypocrisy of Hollywood vis a vis Nate Parker.  It is why some people in this country mock Hollywood and their causes. 

Race does play a huge role in this. But I can't forgive Nate Parker (though he was acquitted of rape--he was still there and involved with the crime), and I certainly can't forgive Affleck, Roman Polanski, Woody Allen, or Mel Gibson. But Hollywood sure can.

• Love 12
21 hours ago, TheOtherOne said:

I don't know why so many people are jumping on the blue-eyed wife comment. As it happens, his wife does have really striking blue eyes, that it appears she's passed on to their son. Maybe he finds them attractive about her. So that must mean he only finds blue eyes attractive? Okay.

Yes!!!! I had only seen the later comments and was going to say something, but you put it so much better than I would have...

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, TheOtherOne said:

Interview with the stage manager. An interesting read. This is inexcusable, and reason enough for them to be fired from this job:

So she didn't even realize the wrong winner had been called, even though she was supposed to have them memorized? Even if she wasn't the one to hand out the wrong envelope, yeah, she deserves to be removed from the assignment.

Yeeesh, it's just getting uglier for PWC. It looks like the partners are even clueless on what to do even though they claimed there are "protocols" to follow if the worst thing ever happens. It's amateur hour for PWC, not only with the not paying attention, but the seeming lack of urgency afterwards - might as well have sent in the cheap interns and maybe the situation would have been handled a tad better.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Inquisitionist said:

The woman on Ben's left could be a seat filler, as Halle Berry was seated next to Meryl at the start of the show.  She could be a new girlfriend, but I feel like the media would have jumped all over that; she's not his wife as he's still married to Jennifer Garner.  There was a brunette woman sitting on Halle's other side (in what became Ben's seat); either she came and went with Halle (as Halle's guest) or was a seat filler, as well. 

Edited by JenMD

Whoa.  This is getting crazy.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/academy-accountants-hire-security-oscars-crisis-982361?facebook_20170302

A PricewaterhouseCoopers representative says that the firm has enlisted a security service for Brian Cullinan, the accountant responsible for handing over the incorrect envelope that led to La La Land being announced as best picture rather than actual winner Moonlight, and his colleague, Martha Ruiz. The accounting firm, which has worked with the Academy Awards for 83 years, says it made the decision due to throngs of people congregating outside Cullinan's and Ruiz's respective homes.

The PwC rep says that the firm has received hundreds if not thousands of emails from the public and has only begun to sift through them. While the firm has not seen any death threats yet, according to the rep, who has read through very few of the angry missives. But the groups of people outside Cullinan's and Ruiz's homes posed enough of a threat for PricewaterhouseCoopers to take action.

• Love 2
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Constantinople said:

Be honest.

The next major awards ceremony will seem awfully dull in comparison.

It's fun to consider the contrary of that. What sort of incident would it take next year to outdo this one? Maybe Meryl Streep taking a dump on the stage?

Edited by Milburn Stone
1 hour ago, Inquisitionist said:

As was answered by someone else, the one to his right is Busy Philipps.  She has a funny Instagram video where she talks about when they became aware something was wrong.  The producer was down in front of them, responding to someone telling him the wrong picture was named. As he's saying, 'Moonlight won, not LLL' those right in front realized what was going on.  She grabbed the arm of Ben, saying 'Do something' even though she doesn't know him.  People and the Daily Mail have her story now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4271294/Busy-Philipps-dishes-Oscar-blunder-row-seat.html

• Love 1

For the next major awards ceremony snafu, the presenter will hesitate just a little too long to pronounce the winner's name, thereby leading one of the accountants to make a running jump on to the stage, yelling "Nooooooooooooooooooo!" while body slamming the announcer to the ground.

Only for it to turn out that the announcer had the correct envelope, but just need to clear his/her throat.

• Love 19
(edited)
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

I can't stand Ben but to be fair, Halle Berry was in the front row and presented one of the biggest awards of the night and what has she really been in for awhile? Not to mention the year they had J-Lo up in the front right next to Meryl Streep and she's never even been nominated for anything. Ben has two Oscars, one as a producer for a Best Picture winner.

lol...

Window dressing.  The camera pans the first 3 rows a much as they can because many watch to see the stars in the audience.  

Edited by wings707
(edited)
3 hours ago, TheOtherOne said:

“As I was taking Matt’s wife to the side of the house, I heard John Esposito on my headset say, ‘Brian says he didn’t think they said the right winner. Can you have Martha check her envelope?’ That was the first time I heard anything about it, and it was probably a minute, or a minute and 15 seconds, from the time Faye announced the wrong winner.”

Because Natoli was no longer in the wings near Ruiz, he radioed another stage manager to find Ruiz and have her open the second Best Picture envelope. “She was standing there with the envelope in her hand, very low-key,” he said of Ruiz. “And John Esposito said that Brian was very low-key too, no urgency. But we had Martha open the envelope, and it said ‘Moonlight.'”

Natoli said he immediately told the stage managers in the wings, “Get the accountants out there!” But he said both Cullinan and Ruiz hesitated. “John was trying to get Brian to go on stage, and he wouldn’t go,” he said. “And Martha wouldn’t go. We had to push them on stage, which was just shocking to me.”

Next year, instead of accountants, they'll use former Secret Service Agents or NFL cornerbacks.

Edited by Constantinople
  • Love 5
50 minutes ago, Constantinople said:

For the next major awards ceremony snafu, the presenter will hesitate just a little too long to pronounce the winner's name, thereby leading one of the accountants to make a running jump on to the stage, yelling "Nooooooooooooooooooo!" while body slamming the announcer to the ground.

Only for it to turn out that the announcer had the correct envelope, but just need to clear his/her throat.

I would pay cash money to see this actually happen. Can you imagine the GIF potential? The super-slow-mo rewinds and replay, set to various pieces of music? Entertainment gold.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, topanga said:

I'd like to think he likes his wife's eyes and would have said the same thing if her called her his green-eyed wife or his beautiful, brown-eyed wife. 

I know several men who refer to their spouse as "freckle face" " my brown eyed beauty" ""pretty blue eyes" or other terms of endearment. I even know women who use similar kinds of names for their hubby. I don't think it is strange, nor did I think he was trying to make some political statement.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, iwasish said:

I know several men who refer to their spouse as "freckle face" " my brown eyed beauty" ""pretty blue eyes" or other terms of endearment. I even know women who use similar kinds of names for their hubby. I don't think it is strange, nor did I think he was trying to make some political statement.

Of course. And the other proof that he wasn't making a political statement is that it would have been the most career-ending political statement he possibly could have made. And he didn't look like the type to commit suicide.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Constantinople said:

Be honest.

The next major awards ceremony will seem awfully dull in comparison.

Ah but the next big one is the Tonys, which is always more entertaining than even the best Oscar ceremony. The Emmys, on the other hand, will probably be excruciating in comparison. 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, blackwing said:

It's puzzling why Cullinan has been silent.  I'm sure he has retained a lawyer, or the firm gave him access to one, and maybe they are telling him to remain silent.  But really, what is he afraid of?  Legal liability?  It's not like there's any real damages.  There was no money at stake.  The error was corrected within a few minutes.  Is he afraid that the Moonlight or the La La Land people will sue him for emotional distress?  Why not MAN UP to your error, make a statement, and just hope the world moves on.  In the age of the internet, this is probably one of those things that will never be truly forgotten (a la Miss Teen South Carolina, "I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable [to locate the United States on a map] because some people out there in our nation don't have maps....").  But certainly and undoubtedly, there will be someone else that comes around and makes a bigger gaffe and he won't be at the forefront of people's minds.

I would think he's kept quiet because for one thing, even though he's been "fired" from the Oscars, he hasn't been fired from PWC, plus, he wasn't there as an individual, he was there as a representative of PWC. All statements should come from them.

• Love 4

The movies one is always the least interesting one for me anyway because I don't go to the movies often and the movies I do go see rarely are award worthy.   I do occasionally use the award shows as a list to put on my Netflix DVD queue but honestly I don't think there are any this year that interest me at all.  

• Love 1

Accounting partner Cullinan was so busy Tweeting backstage, he screwed up handing out an envelope.

When this story came out I immediately thought of distracted drivers, operating motor vehicles while texting and Tweeting.

If this middle-aged guy couldn't handle an envelope (a stinking envelope!!!) while playing with his toy during a worldwide broadcast, I'm shocked any commuter makes it home alive.

/insert eyeroll/

• Love 4
2 hours ago, lilwhitelion said:

As was answered by someone else, the one to his right is Busy Philipps.  She has a funny Instagram video where she talks about when they became aware something was wrong.  The producer was down in front of them, responding to someone telling him the wrong picture was named. As he's saying, 'Moonlight won, not LLL' those right in front realized what was going on.  She grabbed the arm of Ben, saying 'Do something' even though she doesn't know him.  People and the Daily Mail have her story now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4271294/Busy-Philipps-dishes-Oscar-blunder-row-seat.html

I love Busy Phillips. She's a great comedic actress, and I wish she had a bigger career. And I think she looks prettier without makeup and all hungover than she did when she was dolled up for the Oscars. 

2 hours ago, ProudMary said:

Whoa.  This is getting crazy.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/academy-accountants-hire-security-oscars-crisis-982361?facebook_20170302

A PricewaterhouseCoopers representative says that the firm has enlisted a security service for Brian Cullinan, the accountant responsible for handing over the incorrect envelope that led to La La Land being announced as best picture rather than actual winner Moonlight, and his colleague, Martha Ruiz. The accounting firm, which has worked with the Academy Awards for 83 years, says it made the decision due to throngs of people congregating outside Cullinan's and Ruiz's respective homes.

Seriously? How was anyone in the general public affected by the incorrect announcement? I could sort of understand if the cast and crew members of Moonlight and La La Land had gathered--they were the only ones who were seriously impacted by that moment. But everyone else, STFU and get a life!!!

• Love 8
(edited)

I think Cullinan is remaining silent for several reasons.

He's been removed from his plum post as Oscar Envelope Guy for PWC after massively, massively embarrassing them in the most public of ways. PWC has been in charge of this for over 80 years and never messed up until now. Until Cullinan.

It's true that no money is *directly* at stake - there's no money that goes along with the statue - but an Academy Award is worth huge bucks to anyone who can put "Oscar Winner" on their resume. So in that sense, yes, a whole lot of money is at stake. Kind of like the Olympic Games, where you don't win money directly but winning a medal literally pays off in other ways.

And Cullinan did this for the dumbest of reasons: He was busted Tweeting photos of hot actresses instead of paying attention to his One Job. And I still think he had Emma's envelope in his hand because he intended to keep it as a souvenir, and unfortunately tried to hold both that one and the Best Picture env in the same hand and gave the wrong env to Beatty. And then wouldn't step up and do anything about his mistake until far too late. 

Yeah, I'd hide, too. For a long, long time.

Edited by okerry
  • Love 13
35 minutes ago, okerry said:

And Cullinan did this for the dumbest of reasons: He was busted Tweeting photos of hot actresses instead of paying attention to his One Job. And I still think he had Emma's envelope in his hand because he intended to keep it as a souvenir, and unfortunately tried to hold both that one and the Best Picture env in the same hand and gave the wrong env to Beatty. And then wouldn't step up and do anything about his mistake until far too late. 

Yeah, I'd hide, too. For a long, long time.

I suspect he was hanging on to the Lead Actress envelope so he could later take pictures of it and the card inside for his Twitter followers to be impressed with the Emma Stone photo montage and tribute.

• Love 6
(edited)
7 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Repeat answer.

Edited by J0nas3
'twas said before