Type keyword(s) to search

Dallas - General Discussion

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Also, the acting from the younger generation is still horrible especially Jordana Brewster.

Disagree somewhat. Josh Henderson brings it every week, and Julie Gonzalo is almost as good. Metcalfe, Brewster, Bell and whoever plays Nicoquin? Meh.

I didn't watch the original Dallas, I wasn't even born for most of it, but my aunt said Sue Ellen and Cliff were together once, is that true?

Sue Ellen and Cliff had several affairs during the original show's run, and there was originally some doubt as to who was John Ross' father (DNA testing determined it to be JR). Even though they were no longer romantically involved later in the original series, they still treated each other like old friends.

And even though I initially cut Cidre a lot of slack because it was her pilot script and original vision for the reboot that gained the necessary buy-ins from LH, PD and LG, thus making Dallas's return even possible, I'm getting bored and annoyed with this Mexican Mafia bullshit and the entire Ramos clan. If Cynthia Cidre wants to produce her own drama about La Eme taking over the Mexican government, I wish her all the luck in the world. But that's not Dallas.

• Love 4

I wanted to thank you, GHScorpioRules, for posting those. I got a good laugh and experienced some wistful memories, especially given what a shit-fest this reboot has become. I had such high hopes... Sigh...

Aw shucks. 'tweren't nuthin'. I'll see if I can find some more gems...

What MulletorHater said. And I'll add that Cidre is fucking bound and determined to have Cane.02, since her first attempt was cancelled by the network.

I have to admit that I LOVED Cane--with Jimmy Smits' fine ass!  I always got the sense that Cidre is determined to make this show Cane.02 because she never got over the show being canceled.  At the rate she's going, the next gang that will show up to wreck havoc will be MS-13.  Then we'll be treated to a Scarface redux.

Yeah…Emma, the "Addicted to Love/Robert Palmer" girls called and said they want their 80's bad girl vibe back.  

Emma...please go away, little girl!  Such a silly bitch!  First of all, she's dumber than dirt and has neither the age, wisdom or gravitas to be playing with the big boys. What kind of nimrod dresses up like the town pump and meets men whom she has to know are dangerous?  It doesn't take that much intelligence to figure that out. Cartel...guns...want to use my trucks to transport drugs. See how that all translates into dangerous people?  Yet, Emma decides to meet them alone and to dip into the Kool-Aid without knowing the flavor.  Why didn't it occur to Emma's dumb ass that she could have been kidnapped or sexually assaulted?  I was surprised that they didn't laugh in Emma's face, give her a lollipop, pat her on her empty head and tell her to run along home.  Her father was a lot kinder than I would have been because as noted upthread, she came across as a child butting into grown folks' business.

Speaking of dumb, I wonder if she's still laboring under the delusion that John Ross cares about her?

• Love 2

Y'all, check out the latest clips of dialogue I posted in the quotes, and it is SO OBVIOUS and clear, (at least to this viewer) that even though the original is over 30 years old, the acting is so much more superior...the dialogue have you laughing, cringing and better yet, feeling and believing what Jock, Bobby and JR are saying. The look on Punk and I think it was Seth Stone's faces....can you saw Akwaaaaard!.

TNT would be better off airing the original, in my very humble opinion.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule

A minor exchange from the latter seasons, but a classic nonetheless:

Christopher (referring to Michelle Stevens, who's just moved into Southfork): "I like Aunt Michelle! She's bitchin'!"

A very resigned and put-upon JR: "Yeah, that's ALMOST the word I was thinking of."

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • LOL 1

I am still just utterly confused about the deed business.  They stated that JR changed the deeds in 1979, but Elena keeps insisting it was her family's ancestral land.  So, wouldn't someone have noticed?  Her father was certainly alive in 1979.  I know many people won't believe this, but 1979 really wasn't that long ago...  Then in this episode Elena says she wants the land that JOCK took from her grandfather.  So, nobody really knew what land was the ancestral land?  This distracts me so much.  Then Bobby is all...what land to you want?  Shouldn't it be the same piece of land?  And, if Elena gets that land, doesn't Bobby then get that land that JR switched out (after all, fair is fair...)?  

The whole Ramos drama just ruins this show for me.  I watch it for the EWINGS and BARNES.  I just get so frustrated with the Ramos sainthood thing.  Drew only blew up the rig and killed dem babies because of what the Ewings did.  Ummm, no?  That was way before this plot line developed.  Hopefully Carmen is well off of the Ewing land before the next episode and that Elena stays on her vacay.

• Love 3

I agree.  They need to ditch Cidre and the Ramos, and get this show back to being Dallas.

I think PamBecca is a much better character than Elena or Emma, and JG has done a much better job acting wise even though her character has been marginalized this season.

I did enjoy Sue Ellen's disdain for Elena when she showed up at her house.  With just a few words and a look, LG conveyed that while Sue Ellen was upset with Bobby for not telling her the truth, she was still on his side, and does not like what Elena did.

Bobby, Sue Ellen, John Ross, and PamBecca make the show for me, and if they would get rid of the other dead weight, I would even be okay with them keeping Christopher around since he is Bobby's son.

• Love 6

I agree.  They need to ditch Cidre and the Ramos, and get this show back to being Dallas.

I think PamBecca is a much better character than Elena or Emma, and JG has done a much better job acting wise even though her character has been marginalized this season.

Bobby, Sue Ellen, John Ross, and PamBecca make the show for me, and if they would get rid of the other dead weight, I would even be okay with them keeping Christopher around since he is Bobby's son.

I agree 100%.

In the scene where Sue Ellen offers Pam a place to stay Pam mentions she and John Ross didn't get a pre-nup when they married so she's not quick to get a divorce ... I hope they do something with this but with the way they've been using Pam this season I don't have much hope.

• Love 1

I've been thinking that Cliff had those documents forged to get Skeletor to make an ass out of herself instead of him, create drama and to get himself out of jail. I keep hoping that this happens and that these show runners aren't going to be stupid enough to not do it. I am so tired of the cartel and Ramos crap and think it's sad the most interesting Ramos character was assassinated and sacrificed to further this dreck of a storyline along.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 2

Oh, right, the IPO. I forgot all about that. And Hunter McKay. And Candace the hooker. This show is loaded down with too much plot.

OMG, I don't care about this gross Mexican cartel shit. Just make it stop.

So Elena just skips town with Nicoquin and leaves her mom in a hotel all alone? Real nice, Elena!

Why is Chris still saying Elena is the best person ever? Get the fuck out with that shit Chris! Other than that, he's being kind of useful, so I'm liking that.

Is it wrong that I wanted John Ross to punch Mama Ryland in the face?

Welcome back, Angry Pamela!

This show is getting so bad and gross that my DVR just stopped working ... Possibly in disgust.

• Love 3

Go Pamela! She's still one of my faves, and I love how she handled herself. Although her dad didn't kill JR, he is still a BIG part of the reason why her babies are dead. That's unforgivable. Didn't see Hunter's death coming, too bad, I love Fran Kranz. 

Still don't care about Elena or her liar of a mother. Carmen can keep herself in that hotel room forever. 

I really really don't care about Mexico or anything to do with Nicoquin, but I think it's here to stay..

Sue Ellen needs to adopt PamBecca, and be both mother and father to her.

I want the Mexican Cartel to go away, but this was hilarious, "Mother, try not to get us killed in the first five minutes."

Damn it all to hell, they are just teasing me with the possibility of Elena and Emma being killed off.  That is just cruel.

• Love 8

The scene with Judith Light unzipping her top while negotiating with the cartel was hilarious.  "These Americans are crazy."

I was impressed with Light's acting when seeing the video of Emma (and Ann) captured - I am convinced of how much Grandma Ryland loves Emma.

• Love 4

Sue Ellen needs to adopt PamBecca, and be both mother and father to her.

I want the Mexican Cartel to go away, but this was hilarious, "Mother, try not to get us killed in the first five minutes."

Damn it all to hell, they are just teasing me with the possibility of Elena and Emma being killed off.  That is just cruel.

I would forever be in the cartel's debt if they killed Elena and Emma.  And, the can take Mama Ramos to hell with them!  And, how pitiful is it that Mama Ryland has more balls than her son does?

• Love 2

I wanted to slap Christopher every scene he was in. Going to Elena's mother, trying to tell her she belongs at Southfork and how poor misguided Elena didn't know what she was doing. Then all the "we have to call Elena" or "Elena's in danger." 

Nobody cares! The left over Ewings needs to kick Elena and her mother to the curb. No more Ramos's and they do not belong at Southfork.  

Christopher needs to grow a spine and be more like John Ross, call Elena out for what she is. Joaquin didn't make poor Elena sleep with Johnross for information.

• Love 3

Three more examples of needless retconning:

• While Carter McKay and the Ewings certainly mixed it up, I remember them departing on at least decent terms (and McKay helping get Jeremy Wendell sent away for good). Now all of a sudden he hated the Ewings enough to poison his grandkids against them? Whatever, Cidre.
  • So now the ne'er-do-well Tommy McKay had two children who were never even hinted at in the original show? Whatever, Cidre.
  • And if they had to recast Tracy, would it have killed them to get someone with at least a passing resemblance to Beth Toussaint? Whatever, Cidre.

And am I the only one who really doesn't give a damn what happens to Emma or Ann?

On a brighter note, let's all give Candace a hand. Lord knows she could use one.

• Love 8

Who invited Julie Cooper to Dallas?

The hell Carmen belongs on Southfork, she and her precious mijo belong in prison for aiding and abetting a fugitive. And bitch, please don't even talk about what the Ewings did to your family, JR could rise from the grave and punch you in the face and it wouldn't be as bad as Drew killing Pamela's babies, not to mention damn near killing his own sister. Why is everyone coddling these people? As soon as I saw that the cartel had kidnapped Ann and Emma my first thought was "They couldn't have snatched Carmen and Elena while they were at it".

• Love 6

Lady Heather!! Woo! She and Bobby have a nice chemistry. 

Christopher, Elena is not the victim here. Just stop. She's a grown ass woman who made some bad decisions and now she needs to live with the fallout. 

I was impressed with Mama Ryland not reacting to her gift. That woman has obviously seen some shit in her day.(I like her!)  

(Kudos to JL being able to switch emotional gears from thinking she has the upper hand to being heartbroken and terrified for her granddaughter in a heartbeat. She was born to play Mama Ryland)

I'm not sure how pardons work in reality, but It's not like Pamela has the only copy! The courts and lawyers would all be aware of the paperwork being filed to allow Cliff to go free wouldn't they? 

I know people don't like the cartel, but I'm interested in seeing where this is headed. 

• Love 2

I have no sympathy for Mama Ryland. She decided to involve the family business in drug running with gross dangerous people and she basically put a hit on Candace - who, for all her faults, was also someone's kid.

And she is directly responsible for why Emma is emotionally disturbed and makes terrible decisions (like trying to make a deal with a drug cartel to get back at Daddy).

You reap what you sow, crazy lady.

Here is part of Christopher's stupid-ass thought process:  "OMG, Elena is with off somewhere with Nicoquin, who we cannot trust at all! Let me leave detailed voicemail messages regarding our suspicions, even though there is a very good chance that he has her phone and is listening to me detail all of our knowledge so he can plan how to thwart us!" I mean, really?

• Love 15

I'm starting to come around to the idea that Cliff did fake JR swapping the deeds in order to get Elena on his side.  It's like Sue Ellen said, we will never know why he did it.  There just couldn't have been enough money involved for JR to do this to family who had been loyal to the Ewings.

• Love 1

I'm starting to come around to the idea that Cliff did fake JR swapping the deeds in order to get Elena on his side.  It's like Sue Ellen said, we will never know why he did it.  There just couldn't have been enough money involved for JR to do this to family who had been loyal to the Ewings.

Or that Cidre didn't give a fuck if it made no sense/wasn't possible or that it couldn't have happened, as the time frame in which JR supposedly did this, didn't even HAPPEN on the Original show, which equals, again, Cidre not giving a fuck because this is HER show, dammit! and she'll do whatever the fuck she wants, canon be damned.

And reading about Douchefer's latest actions, he's CLEARLY his mother's son. And I don't mean Pamela.

• Love 4

For me, Judith Light owned last night's eppy.....from her bitchy ribaldness to her vunerability when she saw Emma hogtied.  How I wanted to hold Hot Daddy against my bare bosom, just in case he wanted to....uh, I just wanted to console him, he looked so scared seeing Emma and Anne in the truck.

Sooooo.....does PamBecca leaving Cliff means that she is not going to get him pardoned from jail?

Co-sign on all the STFU Christopher comments....gotdamn, Skeletor must have the ill na-na, nukka's still willing to go to hell and back for the ho. 

I knew Harper was going to get killed when he was all cocky to John Ross and Christopher.

Beth Toussaint still looks good, why TPTB got old looking Melinda Clarke to play Tracy, I don't know.

Awww, poor Candace....I was screaming for Mama Ryland to not open that box 'cause I knew we'd see some part of her body.

I knew Christopher would be a total dumbass about Elena, ugh! Those Ramos' have GOT to go soon.

Pamela was golden for me, from bitchslapping JohnRoss for not even getting devious right to being stone cold with Cliff for killing his grandchildren. Bravo! I liked that she felt she gave Cliff what he deserved and unlike anyone else on this godforsaken show could actually get closure and move the fuck on from a vendetta.

Second kudos goes to Mama Rylan but of course JL has been awesome for me from the word go.

Third I really am glad Bobby is being true Bobby now by trying to solve things in the "Bobby" way. yah!

Besides the TMSO the rest of the episode was great.

Edited by Cattitude

And reading about Douchefer's latest actions, he's CLEARLY his mother's son. And I don't mean Pamela.

In that case, he can shoot Elena. Or her mother. Or even Nicolas/Joaquin! Hell, shoot SOMEBODY, Christopher! Let your crazy show!

• Love 3

"Her babies", "my babies".  How many times do they say that on the show?  Drinking game potential. 

I can't help it. I want Cliff to get out of jail.  KK, LG, PD (and of course Larry H. did) can play these characters with their eyes closed. 

Who think Joaquin is gonna get killed?  I call Mama Ramos, once she finds out he offed Drew.  Hey she could go to jail, one less Ramos.  (I actually liked Drew and don't mind a bitchy Elena. Let her own being a bitch.)

I'm starting to come around to the idea that Cliff did fake JR swapping the deeds in order to get Elena on his side.  It's like Sue Ellen said, we will never know why he did it.  There just couldn't have been enough money involved for JR to do this to family who had been loyal to the Ewings.

Considering how horrible Elena, Drew and Mama Ramos have been, I have no doubt that JR was aware on horrible the Ramos family is and it was no biggie to cheat them.

• Love 2

Wow - comparing Christopher to his bio mom, Kristin Shepard.  I have to think about that one...

Beth Toussaint still looks good, why TPTB got old looking Melinda Clarke to play Tracy, I don't know.

I don't know if they tried to get Beth Toussaint, but IMDB says she hasn't been on TV or in movies since 2006.  I would think if the show went searching for the doctor/supposedly widowed husband of Pam, who only played a minor role in one episode of the original series, they approached Toussaint, who would be much easier to find (she has been married for 18 years to actor Jack Coleman - who has had steady work for many years). 

I still don't get Carmen's sudden vitriol toward the Ewings. She of all people knows what JR was capable of, and how underhanded he was about it. There is no reason at all to believe Bobby of all people, knew anything about JR's misdeeds. Meanwhile, her son KNOWINGLY set a bomb and detonated it with his sister and a pregnant woman on the rig, but that's the Ewings' fault? WTFever. How about you just leave town and take that walking stick of daughter with you? And if you do it last week, it won't be soon enough.

• Love 16

I still don't get Carmen's sudden vitriol toward the Ewings. She of all people knows what JR was capable of, and how underhanded he was about it. There is no reason at all to believe Bobby of all people, knew anything about JR's misdeeds. Meanwhile, her son KNOWINGLY set a bomb and detonated it with his sister and a pregnant woman on the rig, but that's the Ewings' fault? WTFever. How about you just leave town and take that walking stick of daughter with you? And if you do it last week, it won't be soon enough.

This post is just full of win in my opinion.

• Love 3

When I saw Mama Rylan and the box, my first thought was "well, it's not a big enough box to be her head".  Also made me think that since pretty much everyone on earth, including me, wants the cartel bs gone, we're still going to need a villian and I could be good with that being Mama Rylan.  Even with the over the top way she does everything, she's the closest thing to the character void that is left without JR.  They're both over the top, snarky, just a little twisted, never let em see you sweat, lean in close with a smile while making a threat, throwing the perfect little insult in a 2 line greeting, and while being over the top, still very well acted.  Snark all day, but when she saw the video of Emma, that was some good quick change emotional acting done very well. 

It's not the Ewings vs Barnes, but Ewings vs Rylan I could live with.  As long as Emma is really dead. 

• Love 4

Maybe it's just me, but I'm fine with Emma and Anne getting killed by the Cartel.  In fact, it would make the potential revenge of mama Ryland even better.  Not just dealing with releasing them, but actual REVENGE.  I'm sure Anne is there so that Bobby will get involved, but quite frankly, I liked him with the aunt this episode more than with Anne-he was breezy and seemed to be happy.  

Than, maybe the cartel will kidnap Carmen and Elena; Christopher will go to rescue them and it will go horribly wrong.  Oh, I stopped a moment to wipe a tear away and realized there wasn't one....  We'll be left with the storylines I'd really enjoy: Bobby, Sue Ellen, John Ross, Pamela, the adult Rylands...  Now that's a show I'd really get invested in.

• Love 2

All Emma does now is sit and pout so story wise it probably makes sense that the cartel kills her but based on the nonsense we've seen so far I doubt that would really happen. If the cartel kills Anne then that will be wife #2 offed by a group looking for revenge (April being #1).

• Love 1

I think one of my favorite lines of his when they brought the show back, was when he asked that really big dude who Cliff had taken in, and he was stuck following orders from Pamela, they had a scene and as JR was leaving he quipped to the guy, "How's it feel to be a French poodle?" LMAO

• Love 2

What I wouldn't give for Bobby to can Carmen's ass, then while she's standing there, spouting off in Spanish, pick up the phone, call Raoul and Teresa, and ask if they can come back. Even if they said no, have Bobby act like they said yes.

Oh, and I also want a horsie.

• Love 3

It's going to be sickening after Ann gets rescued and Bobby welcomes her back with open arms, apologizing for ever kicking her out of Southfork. It would be nice to see Ann and Emma killed off.

I agree. Larry Hagman is sorely missed!!!

• Love 3