Type keyword(s) to search

Dallas - General Discussion

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Is it wrong that I wanted John Ross to punch Mama Ryland in the face?

Is it wrong that I can see John Ross in bed with Mama Ryland? (If it's somehow to his advantage, of course.) Mama Ryland would probably turn John Ross out. Oh, and bonus points if crazypants Emma walks in and catches them in flagrante.

She was born to play Mama Ryland

Except maybe a few years too late. I can barely stand how they're trying to make Judith Light look old enough to be Mitch Pileggi's mother.

I thought it was Atia of the Julii at first because Clarke looks so much like Polly Walker

Now that you mention it, so did I.

Awww, poor Candace....I was screaming for Mama Ryland to not open that box 'cause I knew we'd see some part of her body.

And that wasn't the part of the body I was expecting to see. In fact, I was sure we'd only see Mama Ryland's face reacting to it because it couldn't be shown even on cable TV (except maybe Game of Thrones).

• Love 1

I wonder about this each time it happens.  Are they serious with Judith unzipping her blouse?  She's an old lady.  Is it supposed to be funny?  Anyway, I think Mexican guy #2 who was visiting Mexican Godfather in his garden (didn't Don Corleone tend a garden also) and "hand" delivered that package to Mama Ryland Is obviously not happy about Nicoquin being the favored son.  Probably going to see him try and get rid of Nicoquin.  Wondering when Elena will discover she is pregnant with John Ross's baby.  Bye Ann and Emma, if only, guess I can dream. 

Dear TPTB, We Dallas fans hate, hate, hate the Mexican cartel stuff!!  Hate it!  I was excited to see the McKays brought back in as villains, but now Hunter is dead.  Please make the Cartel go away!!!!  The show is getting to be too much thriller and not enough soap!  Let's get John Ross with another girl but Pamela is jealous.  Bobby gets a girl friend and Ann (if she is still alive) is heartbroken but moves on to a very handsome man, Mitch & Bobby fight for her etc...  Please O please get Sasha Mitchell back!  I heard a rumor that he wants his piece of Ewing Energies! ... And so does Callie's son.    

• Love 1

Okay, finally got around to seeing this and it's SUCH BULLSHIT.

So, like, The Ewings have been evuhl and the poison "seeping" for "all these years" yet Skelator had no problem planning to marry not one, but both Ewings and none of this entered her peabrain of a mind? And Carmen had noooooo problem working for them? Living on their land?

BULLSHIT that Jock stole the land from Digger. That drunk would drink away all his money he would get from each strike, and signed away the land to both Jason and Jock. Just FUCK YOU, Cidre, for cherry picking what "history" you choose to "honor."

Though I'm not the biggest fan of Henderson, I so saw a tidbit of Good Ole JR in him when he told Joaquin about Skelator being a "thieving whore" and then his look of innocent shock with "Oh, you didn't know? I'm sorry" JR would be SO proud! First time I saw a chip off the old block.

And boy did Bobby call it right, when Skelator called Cliff, to have him confirm what Bobby said: Cliff is still intent on destroying the Ewings. Never mind they made their peace YEARS AGO. Fuck you, again, Cidre.

• Love 1

BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT!

Carter MacKay did NOT blame the Ewings for Tommy's death! He went to jail for nearly beating April within an inch of her life...then became this son who saw enemies of his father everywhere and was responsible for his own death. It was Tommy's fucking death that brought Carter to his senses and he and Bobby and the rest of the Ewings made their peace.

There are not ENOUGH FUCK YOUS for Cidre that hack.  And spare me the Godfather rip off with Orestes/Miguel Sandoval, and this godawful cliché that ever clichéd with the stupid, fucking Mexican drug storyline. This is the "new Mexican Revolution" wah, wah, wah. Give me a fucking break.

I don't give any figgity fuckadoodles about any of this craptastic bullshit.

And STFU, Carmen.

• Love 1

In the two-hour finale, a Ewing dies according to the promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUTlT3nVKYk

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/09/dallas-episode-314-endgame-episode-315.html

Here are the press releases (http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/07/dallas-episodes-309-315-press-releases.html):

Episode 3.14 - "Endgame" – Monday, Sept. 22, at 9 p.m. (ET/PT)

While Christopher races to find Elena, Bobby is double-crossed by the cartel. No longer able to sit by, John Ross puts his own life on the line to attempt a rescue. Meanwhile, Nicolas tries to prove himself to Elena by making a deal with the authorities that puts him on a collision course with John Ross' plan and places both their lives in jeopardy.

Directed by Millicent Shelton
Written by Bruce Rasmussen
Created by David Jacobs
Developed by Cynthia Cidre

Episode 3.15 - SEASON FINALE: "Brave New World" – Monday, Sept. 22, at 10 p.m. (ET/PT)

In the electrifying third season finale, the Ewings and the Rylands finally force the cartel to pay the piper as some lives are saved and others are lost. Bobby and Sue Ellen form a new alliance to protect the family, which pits them against John Ross, who is still trying to regain control of Ewing Global and fix his marriage to Pamela. And Elena is pushed to the brink when she finds out the real depths of Nicolas' betrayal. As the season comes to an end, enemies are unmasked, new alliances are formed, and John Ross learns a shocking secret about J.R. that sends him halfway around the globe in search of a surprising new cohort.

Directed by Steve Robin
Written by Robert Rovner
Created by David Jacobs
Developed by Cynthia Cidre
Guest Star Melinda Clarke

Finally, here are promotional photos for 3x14:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/09/dallas-episode-314-endgame-promotional.html

I'm hoping we're considering Elena a Ewing, she's the only one I want to see die. But watch it be Anne and then they put Bobby with Tracey McKay. Melinda Clarke seems too high profile for just one episode.

• Love 1

Seriously, Elena is the damsel in distress and both John Ross and Christopher are going to risk their idiot necks to rescue her and so the multiple ways in which she has dicked over the Ewings is just not going to matter? Blech. Why am I even surprised?

• Love 7
But watch it be Anne and then they put Bobby with Tracey McKay. Melinda Clarke seems too high profile for just one episode.

Well, you'll notice from the press release that Tracey is in the episode, but if they killed off Ann, I expect it would be Bobby and...Sue Ellen!

Though I'm not the biggest fan of Henderson, I so saw a tidbit of Good Ole JR in him when he told Joaquin about Skelator being a "thieving whore" and then his look of innocent shock with "Oh, you didn't know? I'm sorry" JR would be SO proud! First time I saw a chip off the old block.

I absolutely loved the little shit-eating grin he gave Nicholas right before he walked away. That was indeed very much like his father.

• Love 1
In the wake of a devastating family kidnapping, Bobby puts everything on the line to save lives. John Ross and Pamela form a truce of sorts. Elena, who's been in hiding with Nicolas, finally learns the truth about his connections to the cartel, which sends her spiraling. Christopher desperately searches for Elena, fearing for her safety. And Bobby is forced to make a choice he never anticipated.
  • Love 1

I was all excited, they were finally gonna kill off Emma.  then they let the stupid bitch live!  seriously, she should have been killed just for being so fucking stupid. 

Seriously, Mama Ryland, DAMN!  Both her and Ann when we were all hoping dingbat Emma bought the farm was just amazing acting.  

so when a Ewing dies next week, is it gonna be Lucy, trotted out just to be caught in the crossfire or an actual important Ewing?  My guess is that dingbat Emma gets to go home with Bobby & Annie has to stay.  Basing it on the hots that greasy hair whatshisnamefromMexico has for her.  With a very touching scene between Bobby & Annie where she tells him she's strong & has had a wonderful life & she loves him ever so much & of course he'll forgive her for lying & admit he's been a hypocrite *sniffle*.... then the CIA is gonna bust up Bobby's little drug train & Annie gonna go boom.   

Hot damn can Judith Light act or what? I agree that the scene when the shot was fired was so well done by both women. I loved the episode myself, I especially loved Pamela pretty much emasculating her husband when she was dealing with the shiek's son. Bobby to the rescue, I just love it when Patrick Duffy plays Bobby the way he did tonight. Although I do wonder who are they going to kill, to be honest I'm not really thrilled with any of the current Ewings being killed off. Sure Christopher is dumber than a box of rocks but we need him to snark on, and I am not willing to give up any of the others. Hell, bring back Gary or Ray and let one of them take one for the team.

Edited by missbonnie
  • Love 2

I was so happy for those few seconds I thought Emma was dead. 

Joaquin/Nicholas? You are fucked. Fucked. You'd better hope the cartel gets you before your wife does. 

The cartel guy? He is brutal, cunning, and does not hesitate! I feel like he should be higher up the chain of command than he is. (There is some sort of kindness/charm that comes out despite the characters ruthlessness. I wonder if it's flashes of the actor's true personality.) 

Also, I'm not going to lie, I was kind of let down by his house. I was expecting more....opulence. 

Christopher? You need to drop this whole rescue Elena thing. She's at fault for most of what your family is going through. Plus, if the dramatic puncturing of her gigantic diaphragm is any indication, she'll be having another (married) man's baby very soon, and of course there will be a couple of pissed off wives to deal with. You up for all of that Christopher??

I like where Pamela's head is at. You go ahead and school that husband of yours girl! 

Bobby? As much as I don't want  you to, you have to bring Emma home. That way you will have Mama Ryland on your side. And with J.R. gone, you are going to need her....moral flexibility to get your corporation back. 

• Love 3

Emma: This is all my fault! 

Actually, the cartel truck business is your fault.  The rest of it is Elena's fault.

I know this is wrong, but I was laughing at the picture of Hunter swinging in the air with the GITIT sweatshirt on.  I'm trying to understand why Nicoquin was so horrified at seeing Hunter swinging, when he put a bullet in Drew's head and came home to Elena like nothing ever happened.

Pamela rocked this episode and I need MAC to make a Pamela: Who's the Boss? red lipstick.

Speaking of who's the boss, Mama Ryland's hair was getting progressively messier and messier as the episode went on.  And then when she told Bobby Emma was all she had? While Harris was standing there? Poor Harris.

Christopher needs to stop being Cap'n Save a Ho.  ELENA is the reason your family is in crisis, all because she was mad that you (rightfully) dumped her for aiding and abetting the man who murdered your children.  Elena chose her family over you; you need to choose your family over her.

Lucia might look like a delicate flower but she's really a thorn.  I predict Nicoquin will meet his demise at her hands, while she skips off with the kids and the money.

I'm tired of Elena's moral outrage when she set this chain of events into motion in the first place.  And for the love of Mike, will they PLEEZ stop calling this chick "Ellie?"

Nice product placement by Kashi.

LOL at John Ross's little jean jacket.

• Love 5

I thought this was a great episode.  Some real acting; unfortunately, Emma wasn't shot....(I was so hopeful...).  Sigh.

Maybe Elena will be taken out in any crossfire that Nicholas is involved in.

And, a Ewing will die?  The only options that I would be okay with are Christopher and Anne.  Please don't trot someone else out just to have them killed.  I think Anne may be at the end of her storylines.

• Love 1

It'll be Elena or Pambecca. I saw a tweet by either Jordana Brewster or Julie Gonzalo (I honestly can't remember which) a few months ago after filming had finished saying something to the effect of "I had a great time on Dallas and I loved doing the show and working with all these great people!" There's nothing wrong with that tweet per se, but everything was noticeably in the past tense and I remember thinking "Either she was killed off or she thinks the show will be cancelled." It now appears the former was the case.

ETA following the finale: Well, I sure got that one wrong. I do remember reading the tweet, but I guess the actress in question simply didn't think the show would be renewed. And it may not be.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS

Oh, so that's why everyone was stoked when Judith Light joined the show. She can seriously bring the dramatic chops.

And I have a legitimate inkling (based on a certain actor's tweets) on who will be knocked off next week, but I put that in the Spoilers thread. Given the mediocre ratings for this season, it probably won't matter anyway.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS

The promo monkeys said *a Ewing* will die, so I would put my money (my piddling amount of money that I am willing to gamble) that they will bring someone back into the story just long enough to kill them off- Lucy or a long lost cousin or Bobby's son or whoever.

I also will put my money on Luisa to win any battle. That woman is stone cold and Nicoquin is goin' down.

Add me to the "Damn, Emma ain't dead yet?!" train.  

Last night's offering was enjoyable, but it bugs me to no end that Christophuh has donned his cape and tights to play Captain Save-A-Ho to someone who is totally worthless and is the primary cause of his family's current crisis.  

It's weird that my husband, who tuned out, after JR died, came into the living room and was able to state with confidence everything that has happened since then because the show has become so predictable.  I had to constantly reassure him, "Yes, babe--you are watching Dallas--NOT CSI Mexico!"  We both observed that there was a time when "the Cartel" meant Jock and JR's partners in the various oil deals they put together--not a bunch of gangsters from South of the Border.  And, that's what has bothered me about Dallas 2.0 for some time.  This nonsense has basically taken over the entire show and now virtually all the characters have been sucked in thanks to Elena's thirst for "justice."

Speaking of Elena, I had to laugh when Mr. MulletorHater stated, after seeing Senora Trevino--"You've gotta be fucking kidding me!  Old boy dumped that for that bony bitch?  I don't get it!"  I don't think anyone with two brain cells to rub together gets it either.  And, no, Elena--you don't get to jump on your moral high horse and squawk about your married lover "using" you when you were more than okay using him to forward your plot along.  Another thing that doesn't make sense to me.  I thought the whole point of the cartel taking over Ewing Global was so they would have the wherewithal to take over the Mexican government.  Yet, they're selling off Ewing Global assets.  And, why is Nicholas quivering in fear now?  Senora Trevino is like a stealth missile and he fucked over the wrong woman.

While I enjoyed PammyBecca getting her pound of flesh from John Ross, I could only hear the earth moving as Jock Ewing turned over in his grave at the thought of his grandson allowing himself to be emasculated in a business meeting especially by "that Barnes woman."

I also wish TNT would do a better job of promoting the series.  Last year, it was promotional clips of scenes that viewers looked forward to seeing, only to not have them aired.  This year, they release spoilers and pictures that make the episodes' reveals rather anti-climatic.  We already knew there would be a kidnapping.  Now, they've let it out the bag that a "Ewing would be killed."   I hate going back to Original Recipe Dallas, but I could never imagine CBS or Lorimar Productions letting viewers know in advance that JR was going to get shot or that Kristen would end up face down in the pool.  

Edited thanks to you, GHScorpiosRule!

Edited by MulletorHater
  • Love 3

It's weird that my husband, who tuned out, after JR died, came into the living room and was able to state with confidence everything that has happened since then because the show has become so predictable.  I had to constantly reassure him, "Yes, babe--you are watching Dallas--NOT CSI Mexico!"

There; fixed that for you.

I hate going back to Original Recipe Dallas, but I could never imagine CBS or Lorimar Productions letting viewers know in advance that JR was going to get shot or that Kristen would end up face down in the pool.

For realzies! I remember how the show runners had EVERY.SINGLE.CHARACTER and FAMILY MEMBER! hold a gun to shoot JR. It was the best kept secret in forever...and good ole JR Hagman, had them by the short curlies over the summer hiatus, while negotiating his pay.

I remember as a tween, utterly shocked when Cliff turned over the body in the pool, while JR was watching with a bored look on his face, bourbon in hand, and said "she's dead."

TITLES! SHOCK!

I think I screamed. And whined the whole summer long, driving my parents batty, because this was OUR show.

To whit:

The Incredible Hulk at 8:00 p.m.

The Dukes of Hazard at 9:00 p.m. (don't judge me!)

Dallas at 10:00 p.m.

On Friday night!

This show? I'll watch when I get around to it... 

• Love 2

If that's the case, it'll probably be Pambecca.  With Elena having had (hole-punched diaphragm) sex with both Nicoquin and John Ross, and Christopher hot in pursuit of her, they have a lot of set up story for Elena (if they actually get renewed).  Pambecca has been marginalized this whole season, and the only real story that she has is her conflict with John Ross.

Emma saying this was all her fault was the first sign of maturity - or actual thinking - we've seen from this character.

Luis needs to fix his damn hair. It drives me bonkers.

I laughed at Mama Ryland threatening Luis and his whole family if anything happened to Emma - he has a whole, super-violent drug cartel behind him. You are a crazy old bag with a trucking company. Do the math.

(And this is why you don't get involved with drug running in the first place, JUDITH! Still no sympathy for her.)

You really don't need the "Go Lean" cereal, Elena...

Pam was great. So was Bobby. John Ross was semi-sympathetic. Chris continues to be semi-useful.

The dead family Ann saw in the truck was so disturbing. This show - especially the cartel stuff - has become so gross. There's enough ugliness in the world - why is this stuff necessary as "entertainment"?

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 1

I was expecting PamBecca to end up in bed with Nasar before the episode was over.

It's a good thing Bobby and Sue Ellen have each other to plot with because their idiot sons are useless.  I hate saying that about John Ross, but it's true.  It's no wonder Sue Ellen wants PamBecca to be her daughter so badly.

• Love 4

Emma saying this was all her fault was the first sign of maturity - or actual thinking - we've seen from this character.

Luis needs to fix his damn hair. It drives me bonkers.

You really don't need the "Go Lean" cereal, Elena...

I was wondering when somebody was gonna bring this up! Talk about awful "product placement"!!!! And the LAST thing "Twiggy" needs to be suckin' down is anything concerned with being "lean"...Hell, you look at her sideways, and she'll disappear...It's all HER fault this thing has blown up and not really Emma's, although I was really hoping that she would've bit the dust (Emma) when the Frito Bandtio fired that gun....

Oh how I wish it were Skelator who would die...but neither she, or Emma are EWINGS, so I suspect, if that stupid PROMO about "A EWING WILL DIE!" is true and not a red herring, it will most likely be Pamela. Or Annie.

I mean, Cidre wouldn't be STOOPID enough to kill off Bobby or Sue Ellen, would she?

I mean, Cidre wouldn't be STOOPID enough to kill off Bobby or Sue Ellen, would she?

Not unless PD or LG specifically asked off the show, and it's not like either was getting a lot of recent acting gigs before Dallas started up again: Duffy had been making 5-minute comedic YouTube videos co-starring a talking crab, of all things.

Does Emma count as a Ewing b/c Bobby is her step dad?  There is no way they will kill Bobby, Sue Ellen, John Ross or Christopher.  I would be OK with Christopher, Ann, or Emma being killed off or finding out that someone on the show is actually an illegitimate Ewing or Gary, Lucy or Ray.  One thing I  would not like - bringing back Sasha Mitchell (James Beaumont - JRs other son) just to have him killed. Producers - bring that boy back for good!  My husband thinks it is going to be Sue Ellen - he never watched Dallas 1.0 and doesn't understand how all of us 1.0 fans love her.  Maybe we find out that Elena is actually JR's daughter and then....(you know). 

Why, of course Elena eats Kashi Go Lean and so should we all if we want to be trim like her *eyeroll*

Don't kill off a Ewing, there aren't many left! Good heavens, I hope it's not PamBecca Barnes-Ewing, after she finally got her act together. Plus there are precious few Barnes left to cause chaos, either... 

• Love 2

She can't remain stick thin much longer seeing how Jordana Brewster is pregnant in real life. I was perusing Josh Henderson's Facebook page today and he must have bleached his hair over the summer break. At first it was kind of jarring but then I thought it looked pretty cool. And if I read it right, a song he wrote shows up in the finale.

I actually liked this episode, but was also thinking the family in the back of the truck was a bit much.  Loved Pamela and Mama Ryland.  Both women are fabulous actors.  Annoying as always is Elena and particularly the "go lean" cereal.  Got a laugh out of Mexican captor saying to Anne that Ryland must have looked better with hair and also John Ross in that denim jacket.  Christopher continues to be a waste of time.  Wait till PamBecca finds out Elena is having John Ross's baby.  At least I think that will be the outcome.  Ok, bring on the 2 hour finale.

I haven't looked at the spoilers but will bet cash money Bobby is going to set up some kind of Trojan Horse raid with those boxcars. And my money's on Anne to be the one who ends up dead, although technically she's only a Ewing by marriage.

I was expecting PamBecca to end up in bed with Nasar before the episode was over.

I wouldn't count the possibility out. There was some serious eye-fcuking going on between the two of them, right in front of John Ross.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 1

She can't remain stick thin much longer seeing how Jordana Brewster is pregnant in real life.

She is? Are you sure? Hmm...then yeah, if so, I'd even more believe that Elena is going to be knocked up with John Ross's kid and poor Pamela is probably on her way out. Damn.

Well not only does Elena not eat the Go Lean she had a giant breakfast layed out. There is no way she'd eat that much in a day much less for breakfast. Though in the end she ate one bite, THAT I would believe as her whole breakfast.

I will stand alone as liking Annie. I don't want her to die. Compared to Bobby's other wife/love interests I like them together, plus she is a bridge between the Ewing and Ryland stories. Now Emma can go any time but if I have to choose one it will ALWAYS be Elena.

Pam is awesome, but why can't Pam and John Ross be awesome TOGETHER. ugh last time John Ross got to be awesome and Pam looked like a fool, now Pam gets to be awesome and John Ross looks like a punished little boy. Boo!

Three episodes in a row Bobby got to be my Bobby....love ya!

I felt a little bad for Sue Ellen when Bobby told her it would be worth it to go to prison to save Annie. I thought she looked like he slapped her b/c she realized JR would never have said that about her.

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 4

As much as I hate to admit this, if the extent of SueEllen's storyline consists of her performing as an exposition monkey/sounding board for every other character, I'd rather they off her.  Seriously.  The entire drug cartel/CANE retcon killed it for me.  Truly, the show has become the worst that fan fiction has to offer, and even in those dark corridors one can fine better quality from the imaginative laymen.

Cidre, point of interest you egregiously overlooked:  It's about the Ewings and the Barnses, Oil cartels, politics, and big dick one-upmanship.  That's it, pretty simple.

Such a fucking shoe maker, our Cidre.  Silver lining?  It can't get anymore disappointing as that shoe has dropped with a resounding thud, IMHO.

• Love 3