Type keyword(s) to search

Dallas - General Discussion

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Hey Darlins'!

Just discovered our show on IMDBtv! Unedited! Glorious! With the voiceover dude saying "tonight...on Dallas..." and the previouslies!

I've been marathon watching since the weekend, watching it on the app via my firestick.

I miss Jock "Daddy" Ewing so, so, soooo much. I wonder what direction the show would have gone had Jim Davis not died so tragically. 

And good ole J.R. Ewing, the ORIGINAL MAGNIFICENT BASTARD! 

Cliff was such a good character. It only took one season to ruin him.

And Pam was such a fighter and strong person until the near end of the second season. Then she turned into a whiny, weak, insecure milksop. But I'm still a ♥️💕♥️BobbyandPam4EVAH♥️💕♥️ shipper.

The early casting and recasting decisions for this show are interesting. Such as how original Kristen was Such a miscast. Recasting with Mary Crosby was an improvement, as was recasting Ted Shackleford for Gary. Even though I love the actor who played original Gary.

But I hated the recast of Digger. I loved the original actor, whose last appearance was in the episode where that con man appeared, claiming to be Pam's husband.

I just got through Season three's "Mastectomy" where Miss Ellie went to the hospital for "tests" and ended up getting a mastectomy. Did women really have to stay in the hospital for two weeks??

• Like 1
On 8/20/2019 at 2:41 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Hey Darlins'!

Just discovered our show on IMDBtv! Unedited! Glorious! With the voiceover dude saying "tonight...on Dallas..." and the previouslies!

I've been marathon watching since the weekend, watching it on the app via my firestick.

I miss Jock "Daddy" Ewing so, so, soooo much. I wonder what direction the show would have gone had Jim Davis not died so tragically. 

And good ole J.R. Ewing, the ORIGINAL MAGNIFICENT BASTARD! 

Cliff was such a good character. It only took one season to ruin him.

And Pam was such a fighter and strong person until the near end of the second season. Then she turned into a whiny, weak, insecure milksop. But I'm still a ♥️💕♥️BobbyandPam4EVAH♥️💕♥️ shipper.

I also discovered Dallas on IDMB via Prime and I'm up to season 8. And all I can say is I hate Jenna Wade.  Not saying who her daughter's father was until confronted with proof (which she already knew) made her a liar and manipulator. She was the absolute worst.

And the less said about Donna Reed as Miss Ellie the better.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

all I can say is I hate Jenna Wade. 

They tried to soften her up with the first recast in season 3? Where her Jenna was suddenly this successful business woman/fashion designer, and who had an amicable relationship with her ex, Naldo, and they shared custody of Charlie; then when they brought her back, played by Priscilla Presley, she was now just a broke waitress, barely making ends meet, but lived in a very niiiiice condo!

I hated how they tried to do that switcharoo--that Pam was now the wealthy business woman, while Jenna was the one from the wrong side of the tracks/poor widdle single mother.

I haven't forgotten that original Jenna Wade, played by Morgan Fairchild, slept with anyone who was wealthy enough, including married men, senators, etc. I never got what Bobby ever saw in her.

Then she turned into a whiny, weak, insecure milksop.

I think Pam was more of a victim than a wimp later on, which I see as a distinction. She could still bring it when she needed to.