Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

She got lucky with her dad?  Seriously? 

This yes! How did she get lucky? I guess because he existed and was there? Kind of. But not really since he rarely worked or took care of his kids. Or did any parenting. Or really anything. If Caleb's a good dad (I'm not saying he's not) you'd think she realize even more how crappy her own dad was.  Was Kody ever there for her? I doubt it. Did he ever take an interest in anything she did? Unless she was giving him attention I doubt it.  

• Love 1
On 9/15/2017 at 7:52 PM, DakotaJustice said:

You didn't know she's busy selling LLR on Facebook with her fussy baby crying in the background? 

Right? Not knocking motherhood and kids, but she sure rushed into it. Many of the women I know who also did this love their kids and don't regret having them, but they do feel like they "missed out" on things like finishing college and establishing a career path. It's harder to jump back in later in life. 

Edit: noticed post stating she says her pregnancy wasn't planned. Meh, who knows. I don't see why the family couldn't help care for the kid while she finishes school. Selling LLR must be way more fulfilling. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

I read it as a comment on her previous hashtag of  #iamthatmomwhopostsonlyaboutherkid

Interesting that she is trying to make it clear that the baby wasn't planned.   They have to realize there are ways to prevent pregnancy, right?

Not having sex is not an option, dontchaknow? Oh, wait... You meant you expected they received some education about things like birth control pills, condoms, and other such things. LOL LOL LOL! She's the daughter of a fundie Mormon and he's probably just interested in getting laid. Ain't nobody got time for some educatin' 'bout fambly plannin!

Edited by MrSmith
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Wasn't he completely out of their lives for a period of time when Janelle left?

Hey....maybe that's what she means when she says she got lucky.  He was never there between Janelle bailing for a while and the fact that he was running around like a chicken with his head cut off the rest of the time.  I bet he didn't even know most of their names.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Wasn't he completely out of their lives for a period of time when Janelle left?

He did stop by to visit, because Janelle got pregnant while she was living apart from the fambly. But he was such a shitty HUSBAND that he couldn't hold the whole fambly together. Maddie also made the comment "I didn't want to get stuck raising kids by myself if my husband checked out (like I hear about so many)". You know those moms were filling her head with that nonsense. "Only plyg moms will help you raise your kids." The reality is in a plyg situation a husband IS checked out from each and every family most of the time. A wife is raising her own kids most of the time. In most sects the other wives don't have anything to do with another wife's children because they all live separately. Even if they live all together the husband has to divide his time. Kody had a job being on the road. And we all know that he was as checked out as possible, even when he was around. Once computers were a thing I bet he was the gigantic slug in a gigantic recliner we see now.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, MrSmith said:

Wonder what they think of the lawsuits, especially the one seeking class action status alleging LLR is a pyramid scheme (which it clearly is).

Obviously they recognize it's a ploy to break up their polygamist family, like every other thing that happens in their life. I was seriously waiting for one of them to say something about the shooting taking place because they were there and he was aiming at the Browns. Fortunately, even as tone-deaf, attention whores the entire family is, Kody actually addressed it decently. I can't remember what he said, but it wasn't awful like I expected. 

The government doesn't want to women succeed. The government is punishing the entire group because Meri is a polygamist. Everything that happens to the family is because an outside force wants to break up the Browns and never because they are too dumb to realize the obvious. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Christina said:

The government doesn't want to women succeed. The government is punishing the entire group because Meri is a polygamist. Everything that happens to the family is because an outside force wants to break up the Browns and never because they are too dumb to realize the obvious. 

Because, obviously, the entire world revolves around the Brown Clowns.  Gimme a break.  I truly hope they never come back.

• Love 2

I don't know if anyone is watching the TLC "after the episodes".  They are some weird little conversation about that episode that is attached to the end of my amazon videos.  I'm not sure if they are on the telly version of the episode or maybe on the website or something??

...anyway

After this weeks survival episode there was a short snippit with Maddie/Caleb on the couch talking about how they are so happy they moved back to LV.  She mentioned the reasons for the move when it happened was because of "Caleb had some health issues and I was pregnant and we weren't able to get on our feet.  We both felt that moving home was a good idea".  Has this been mentioned anywhere else?  It seemed from that snip that the move was so that she had support through the pregnancy and with the baby because what ever is going on with him, he wasn't able to give that support because he was sick.  I know the short video he is very pale and his eyes look pretty exhausted. 

4 hours ago, Roslyn said:

I don't know if anyone is watching the TLC "after the episodes".  They are some weird little conversation about that episode that is attached to the end of my amazon videos.  I'm not sure if they are on the telly version of the episode or maybe on the website or something??

...anyway

After this weeks survival episode there was a short snippit with Maddie/Caleb on the couch talking about how they are so happy they moved back to LV.  She mentioned the reasons for the move when it happened was because of "Caleb had some health issues and I was pregnant and we weren't able to get on our feet.  We both felt that moving home was a good idea".  Has this been mentioned anywhere else?  It seemed from that snip that the move was so that she had support through the pregnancy and with the baby because what ever is going on with him, he wasn't able to give that support because he was sick.  I know the short video he is very pale and his eyes look pretty exhausted. 

Haven't seen those on regular tv, but my curiousity is piqued about Caleb - who's got the scoop on this?

Apparently Maddie is claiming she and Caleb are going back to college and that she is in “pre nursing”. Janelle said Maddie is getting her nurse practitioner and midwifery certification. Like when you ask a little kid what they want to do when they grow up and they answer “ a Baseball player or an astronaut”........

• Love 1

I can't see the photo, so I can't offer an opinion.  I do remember losing weight and being smaller than when I got pregnant, from breastfeeding.  But my body did look saggier in general.  It happens to the best of us.

Maddie:  I think you meant "stripes" with an e, not "strips" as in striptease.  You're sounding as defensive as your other mother, Meri.  That LuLaNo shit isn't helping either of your attitudes toward your "fans."  Don't take yourself so damn seriously.

• Love 1

Stop wearing skin tight spandex if you don't want to show every curve.  Get over yourself - "I had just given birth to a life!".  Wow, what a novel concept.  Even monogamists give birth, your highness.  

• Love 8
(edited)

I for one appreciate Maddie's post.  We seem to have become a very critical and judgemental society.  Perhaps we have been for quite sometime and it's just that social media has made it much more prevalent and visible.  My take is that she has every right to be proud and if she is comfortable in her skin all the more power to her.  After the sting of the initial criticism wore off, she found her voice and mustered up the courage to post again and took the opportunity to highlight a tendency for people to cast disparaging remarks regarding one's body (most especially if it's a female body).  In this country, as long as one does not have a direct negative impact on another they should be free to be who they are.  One's body shape, for the most part, certainly does not fall into the category of having a direct negative impact on another. 

So, good for Maddie for wearing her baby pooch, stretch marks, slightly sagging skin, and less perky breasts with pride!

Edited by sharkerbaby
typo
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, sharkerbaby said:

We seem to have become a very critical and judgmental society.

Absolutely, especially for women.  With that said, if you don't want criticism, don't plaster your image all over the Internet.  If you do, then be prepared to deal with disparaging remarks.  Can't have it both ways.

Is this society so hungry for fame that people feel the need to have a million pictures of themselves all over the place?  I could happily go a really long time without seeing 99.9% of what people post for the world to see. 

• Love 9

I didn't notice her sagging whatever because I was too distracted by all that heavy, weighed-down-by-dye, sagging hair.

Why do these light haired girls insist on coloring their manes such unflattering, unsuitable colors? Several of them do it. Maddie, Mykelti, Mariah ... You see pictures of them with their real hair colors and they look great. I don't get it.

I'm afraid I'm going to tune in and see little Truely sporting brunette locks eventually. 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I didn't notice her sagging whatever because I was too distracted by all that heavy, weighed-down-by-dye, sagging hair.

Why do these light haired girls insist on coloring their manes such unflattering, unsuitable colors? Several of them do it. Maddie, Mykelti, Mariah ... You see pictures of them with their real hair colors and they look great. I don't get it.

I'm afraid I'm going to tune in and see little Truely sporting brunette locks eventually. 

The only thing I can come up with is that maybe they are trying not to look like their mothers?  Their natural blondes are so much prettier.

Aspyn looks much better than the three M's with her natural blonde.  And we won't even mention Mariah's too-dark eyebrows (oops, I just did.)

• Love 3
(edited)

Whenever I see people dyeing their hair different shades of not-found-in-nature reds, browns & blacks every few weeks, I wonder if they are trying to find themselves.  They always seem to pick colours that look cheap and don't work with their skin-tones as if it is their intention to look as harsh and freakish as possible; you'd think by now one of them might have picked a nice colour by chance.  Marrying and popping out babies before they really know who they are and what they want from life will probably lead to disaster.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, deirdra said:

Whenever I see people dyeing their hair different shades of not-found-in-nature reds, browns & blacks every few weeks, I wonder if they are trying to find themselves.  They always seem to pick colours that look cheap and don't work with their skin-tones as if it is their intention to look as harsh and freakish as possible; you'd think by now one of them might have picked a nice colour by chance.  Marrying and popping out babies before they really know who they are and what they want from life will probably lead to disaster.

Could be but I think it may also have to do with the fact they are coloring their hair themselves.  It is really hard to get even hair color when you are using boxed stuff from the store without the skills to do it right.  You get too dark ends so you need to match the top and it ends up looking really dark.  Then the new growth comes in and they use the wrong color (ends are porous and suck it up so too dark and the roots take the color as intended OR they get hot roots which is really bright while the ends are dull).  They may also be under the illusion that color lightens/removes color which it does not.  They either need to spend the money to have it done professionally or quit going too far from their natural color.  If its blonde, you can do light highlights or dark highlights but no skills and too bold of a change its gonna look bad when it needs to be done the second time.  They are also probably just slapping color all over their hair rather than roots only with only a short amount of time on the ends.  Long way of saying they aren't willing to spend the money to have their hair colored correctly so it looks like shit.

• Love 6
On 6/3/2018 at 8:06 PM, Natalie68 said:

Could be but I think it may also have to do with the fact they are coloring their hair themselves.  It is really hard to get even hair color when you are using boxed stuff from the store without the skills to do it right.  You get too dark ends so you need to match the top and it ends up looking really dark.  Then the new growth comes in and they use the wrong color (ends are porous and suck it up so too dark and the roots take the color as intended OR they get hot roots which is really bright while the ends are dull).  They may also be under the illusion that color lightens/removes color which it does not.  They either need to spend the money to have it done professionally or quit going too far from their natural color.  If its blonde, you can do light highlights or dark highlights but no skills and too bold of a change its gonna look bad when it needs to be done the second time.  They are also probably just slapping color all over their hair rather than roots only with only a short amount of time on the ends.  Long way of saying they aren't willing to spend the money to have their hair colored correctly so it looks like shit.

Your assessment of color-gone-bad is quite correct (former hairdressing student here, lol). Achieving a good color at home is possible, but following the directions, as well as keeping hair in good condition with conditioning treatments and especially good nutrition, is key. All the girls have such thick hair that getting a good even color at home is likely quite hard. I actually think Mariah does a decent job, but Mykelti and Maddie are showing signs of buildup, and the color is just a bit too dark to look flattering. 

That being said, I have never been a fan of the bleached blonde look, and oh lordy does that do some damage to one's hair. Blonde hair with dark roots make me twitch, and it's especially bad on people who are natural dark brunettes (i.e. the Kardashians). So basically, people who color their hair darker don't bother me as much as people who bleach their hair blonde.

• Love 3

Geez, these people love seeing themselves all over the Internet, don't they?  Privacy is apparently not a word in their vocabulary. 

But then I guess there wasn't much privacy in the circus troop when growing up.

• Love 5
On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 12:37 AM, Gothish520 said:

Your assessment of color-gone-bad is quite correct (former hairdressing student here, lol). Achieving a good color at home is possible, but following the directions, as well as keeping hair in good condition with conditioning treatments and especially good nutrition, is key. All the girls have such thick hair that getting a good even color at home is likely quite hard. I actually think Mariah does a decent job, but Mykelti and Maddie are showing signs of buildup, and the color is just a bit too dark to look flattering. 

That being said, I have never been a fan of the bleached blonde look, and oh lordy does that do some damage to one's hair. Blonde hair with dark roots make me twitch, and it's especially bad on people who are natural dark brunettes (i.e. the Kardashians). So basically, people who color their hair darker don't bother me as much as people who bleach their hair blonde.

Some of us in-betweens( blonde and brown) need to  bleach in some highlights. I do mine t home through a cap. The key is let it develop long enough to remove the warmth. Never would I all over color myself at home. Bleaching is easy.

• Love 3
On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:33 PM, riverblue22 said:

Are her pants coming unzipped?

Kinda wondered that myself.  Maybe she had to lie on the bed to zip them, and just made it.  Otherwise, that outfit is cute.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, sarasue59 said:

Kinda wondered that myself.  Maybe she had to lie on the bed to zip them, and just made it.  Otherwise, that outfit is cute.

I think that's just the tie at the waist of her top hanging down.

• Love 4
On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 9:20 AM, TurtlePower said:

Right? Not knocking motherhood and kids, but she sure rushed into it. Many of the women I know who also did this love their kids and don't regret having them, but they do feel like they "missed out" on things like finishing college and establishing a career path. It's harder to jump back in later in life. 

Edit: noticed post stating she says her pregnancy wasn't planned. Meh, who knows. I don't see why the family couldn't help care for the kid while she finishes school. Selling LLR must be way more fulfilling. 

In some ways it is easier to have your children young and when they are grown you still can have a 20 year career. I did it and at 50 I am done raising children and have a real career without worrying about child care costs and concerns.

• Love 3
On 6/2/2018 at 12:05 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

Probably to set themselves apart from ALL THOSE BLONDE GIRLS. What better way to get noticed in houses full of almost all blondes?

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Higgins said:

In some ways it is easier to have your children young and when they are grown you still can have a 20 year career. I did it and at 50 I am done raising children and have a real career without worrying about child care costs and concerns.

Having kids later in life might be good for some, but for the most part I feel it's a young woman's game. If you really want children and want to have the energy and strength/health to deal with them, it may be better to pop them out young. Parents who are having kids in their late 30s/early 40s are chasing around and dealing with children into their 50s and will be pushing or over 60 when that kid graduates high school, never mind college!

• Love 2