Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Why is she wearing pants that cannot zip or has her shirt poking through her zipper?  Am I missing something?

It's just a weird way of tying the bottom of the shirt.  Notice the gray part . . . it matches the inside of the shirt as shown up near the neckline.  Just a bad angle.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, zenme said:

Gosh, do not one of these people have a cute pair of shoes? That includes Kody with his clogs.

I guess to each their own.  But almost all of them seem like they are wearing matronly shoes, trying to be hip.  Big clunky shoes just make you look bigger.  Then again I have no room to talk I remember wearing a pair of wooden slip on Dr. Scholls, until they fell apart.  My parents hated them because they were loud when walking, with them slapping against your feet.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, llewis823 said:

Probably to set themselves apart from ALL THOSE BLONDE GIRLS. What better way to get noticed in houses full of almost all blondes?

My niece is blonde and she dyes hers black or dark dark brown.  I asked her why.  She said she thinks it looks more professional and people take her more serious.  She is a nurse.  She also keeps it cut in a cute sleek bob.  I wish I could wear mine like that.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I guess to each their own.  But almost all of them seem like they are wearing matronly shoes, trying to be hip.  Big clunky shoes just make you look bigger.  Then again I have no room to talk I remember wearing a pair of wooden slip on Dr. Scholls, until they fell apart.  My parents hated them because they were loud when walking, with them slapping against your feet.

Oh I loved my Dr. Scholl's! I had them in white, they were all the rage.

I also remember walking around a few years later in Candie's chunky open-toed shoes with wood heels/soles, man those were sexy! I'd last about 5 minutes on those things now, if that, lol.

• Love 3

According to a comment on Janelle’s Strive Facebook, Maddie, Christine, and Janelle, did a “live” in Maddie’s LuLaNo group last night. Did anyone see it? Just curious what each of them contributed.

8 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Eleven hashtags!  We have a new winner!

I have read differing thoughts on how many hashtags should be used, so I just looked it up. For people using social media to promote businesses as well as their lives, it is recommended they use only one hashtag on Facebook and Twitter, and no more than NINE on Instagram. Plus they should be limited in characters. Personally, I can't stand them. People don't use them for promoting (although the Browns do slip in the LuLaNo style they are wearing). They use them to make some sort of snarky or semi-funny comment. I don't post enough on Twitter or Insta to know if you can have a "signature" like on an email, where you already have the hashtags filled out, then can add others before you post. Otherwise, what a waste of time having to add "living my why", "because I can" etc. to every post. Bleh. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

Personally, I can't stand them.

Agree, nor do I use them. Ever. But I only do Facebook and then only for a group for which I am an admin.

They just seem so vapid and self serving, attempting to be cutsie/clever but just looking idiotic.

• Love 9

I've used hashtags to do research on places I want to visit or if I'm looking for specific things like cat photos or what have you. You're right, most of the hashtags they use are useless. Who is going to search for Axeljames anyway?

• Love 5

I love Instagram hashtags and use them to research places I’m planning to visit, to get fitness ideas and inspiration, to learn more about my hobbies (baking and rock climbing), or just to look at pretty or inspiring things. When used correctly, they can capture a zeitgeist. 

That said, even I agree that eleven hashtags is too many hashtags.

• Love 5

What’s with Mariah’s sneakers!!     We get get it - your gay.     Omg who cares.  What is she trying to prove?  

I think we should rename her thread.   I’ll try and think of something.  

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I don't think the mods want us randomly requesting thread name changes.  

Probably not but the Westminster one no longer applies so maybe they will entertain the thought.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, neh said:

Maggie's face seems rounder.

Well... she's taking after her mother.

Kody and Janelle both have round faces, so it stands to reason that at least some of their kids will as well. 

And when does Maddie take time to exercise? She's shilling LLR all day (it's definitely not a part time gig) while raising a child and supposedly going to nursing school. I'm not seeing where that leaves her time to exercise or eat right. 

• Love 4
On 7/28/2018 at 8:11 AM, ginger90 said:

Hashtags and pointed toes

Well, look - if it's necessary to #hashtag everything in your photo, let's just go for it:

#trees #palmtrees #shrubbery #dirt #sidewalk #stupidpointytoes #halfsisters #samedad #differentmom #doyougetwhyIamwearingRainbowshoes? #areyousure? #areyoureallysure? #eyebrows

• Love 12
On 7/28/2018 at 8:11 AM, ginger90 said:

Hashtags and pointed toes

On 7/28/2018 at 10:21 AM, Nysha said:

That is an ugly dress. The top looks like a 70s baseball t-shirt and it clings & shows every bit of extra weight. 

I'm going to admit I actually like the dress. It looks cute and comfortable, and I like the baseball raglan top. That style is a classic, still made to this day.

That being said, Maddie forgot the first rule of picture-posing - suck in your stomach!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Well, look - if it's necessary to #hashtag everything in your photo, let's just go for it:

So sorry, Laurakaye but they had 15, you only had 13.  They win the Idiotic Overdone Hashtag Award for the day. Better luck next time.  Thank you for playing.

Lawd, those dresses are hideous.  Not flattering on anyone in any size.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Lawd, those dresses are hideous.  Not flattering on anyone in any size.

They make it worse by tying a knot in the hem, thus bunching it up on their legs and butt. If the dress was a little bit bigger and unknotted, plus the sleeves shorter and wider.....wait, you are right. It is still not flattering.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Absolom said:

Could Maddie have taken the photo at the place she and her husband are renting?  Although I expect the Brown garage doors may look as bad.

Maddie and Caleb don't live in Janelle's house anymore?  I missed where they moved out.

When you look at all of the brown kids, most of them are really pretty and photogenic and Mariah is just...not.

Maddie's comment about insert inspirational quote here: didn't someone snark on the brownies always adding inspirational quotes to their Instagram posts?

• Love 4

The hashtags will help both popularize your posts, and help it be sorted.  For instance - I run a food instagram and the more you have hashtagged, the more likely it is to show up in other feeds.  You can follow hashtags - for example, I follow #instayum. So any posts that are tagged with #instayum are sorted to that tag, and the most popular tags will show up on my fee without having me isolate to the tag or finding the poster.  It’s free advertising, basically.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

So she's advertising "sweetkicks" and "boymom"?  Yeesh.

#boymom #girlmom #momofboys and so forth are HUGE.  Used mostly by the Mormon housewives.  Maddie’s aesthetic is very off - usually the most successful ones are the blonde and thin Mormon moms of like, 18 kids but still have heavily filtered photos of them in the latest trends on vacation or doing their every day life, just prettier than life usually is.  

Amber Fillerup Clark, Renee Maynard, thefreckledfox, lovetaza, and Ellie Meacham are probably the most successful ones.  Some have been able to transcend SM Mom fame and take advantage of some other field.  Amber now has a very successful hair extension business that she advertises solely on Instgram.  Maddie is probably trying to do the same, and try to branch out, but is kinda failing.

However, Maddie looks fresh and professional compared to whatever Jill Duggar is attempting to do on her Instagram.  

• Love 4