Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

TLC has been airing old episodes in the middle of the night, so I recorded one just for the heck of it. It was from season 5, when Mykelti was visiting a local fashion designer hoping to score an internship, and Maddie was packing up to move to Utah State University. They were so young and full of hope and potential. Now they're both dumpy and married and doing basically nothing with their lives. It's depressing. Good for Logan, Aspyn, and Mariah for doing better (so far).

"I mean I'm not gonna say I'll never move back in, but I don't think I will." -- Maddie, after moving into her nice, clean, private apartment away from her chaotic family 

"I moved back in with my husband and baby." -- also Maddie

I saw this too and it made me sad.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

TLC has been airing old episodes in the middle of the night, so I recorded one just for the heck of it. It was from season 5, when Mykelti was visiting a local fashion designer hoping to score an internship, and Maddie was packing up to move to Utah State University. They were so young and full of hope and potential. Now they're both dumpy and married and doing basically nothing with their lives. It's depressing. Good for Logan, Aspyn, and Mariah for doing better (so far).

"I mean I'm not gonna say I'll never move back in, but I don't think I will." -- Maddie, after moving into her nice, clean, private apartment away from her chaotic family 

I've been recording some of these, too. And yes, they seemed to have so much more potential. Not implying husband and children is bad, but they jumped on to that wagon way too soon IMO. 

Mykelti looked so different.....better. Seriously, moving to Vegas did not help any of these people. Way to go, K-dog. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Way to go, K-dog. 

In his world, Lord High God on Earth Kody thinks it's all about him.  Period.  Screw anyone else as long as he gets what he wants.  And the Sheep Wives and now some of the Sheep Spawn are supporting that delusion.  Gag.

• Love 4
On 27/08/2017 at 1:39 AM, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Is that the episode where Kody goes with Mykelti to visit the fashion designer ..I remember watching that and finding it so strange that a parent would go to the interview

In my world a parent would Never go to a kids job interview

If they are old enough to work they are old enough to interview by themselves

I wouldn't hire anyone who had their father taking over an interview ..it's just weird

• Love 7
On 5/21/2017 at 8:39 PM, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Axel Brush. 

Huh. 

Like for scrubbing the undercarriage of a car?? Weird. 

ETA, I forgot Brush was their last name. Thought they had picked a ridiculous middle name for the kid. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

ETA, I forgot Brush was their last name. Thought they had picked a ridiculous middle name for the kid. 

They did pick a ridiculous name for the kid.  Can you imagine the teasing he's going to get. 

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

They did pick a ridiculous name for the kid.  Can you imagine the teasing he's going to get. 

Well, to be fair, unless you're unfortunately named something really pedestrian and boring like "Carrie", "David", "Brenda", or "Henry", then kids will be able to find some angle to make fun of you because of your name. I think unusual names are better, though there are some ridiculous ones out there (see celebrities' kids' names, typically). Of course, that could be because my first name is Clement and so I am unusually named. Though, it's also partly because I believe that our name influences our personality. That's just my personal belief. I actually have a daughter with the woman I dated before meeting my wife. Her mother agreed to the name I'd picked out: Danaë Psyche Anastasia (and she got my last name, instead of her mother's). The whole rest of that situation is complicated, but I've managed to track her down and we talk sometimes via Facebook Messenger.

• Love 1
On 9/2/2017 at 4:44 PM, SongbirdHollow said:

What's the Psyche about? That's the unusual part.

I've posted it before but I still think the baby I came across named Vengeance is still the winner. I can't decide whether it's horrible, sad, badass, or vindictive. I really wish I knew the story behind it.

Well, Psyche came from Greek mythology and I picked it to help make sure she grew up to be a caring, compassionate, empathetic person.

5 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Strong Koolaid.

Not necessarily. Remember: they have taken "lazy grifter" to an art form. It could be salt water and they'd drink it on the promise of easy money. We can forgive you this one lapse in memory. :D

18 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

What does what's his name do?

Caleb? Hopefully he still does something. He seemed to have a strong work ethic and, if he did, that kind of thing is something that's part of someone pretty much for the rest of their lives. I have a hard time imagining him settling for sucking on the government's teat and the teat of reality TV for the rest of his life (or at all). I know I couldn't.

• Love 1

Yeah, but with the bromance he has with his FIL he may be the most recent convert to The Church of the Almighty Grifters by now.  Why work when you have a master showing you how to get something for nothing. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Totally said:

I've never got the idea he had a strong work ethic, maybe I missed something

Me, too.  I think he had a paying job which, in the Brown Family Famewhore World, would indicate a unique perspective on actually working.  But I'd like to know if he's  pulling in anything more than a People Magazine Exclusive Pictures paycheck these days.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Did Caleb say he was considering polygamy? I don't really remember.

I thought they had decided against it. ... ???

I thought so, too.  At least Maddie was always dead-set against it.

Hanging around the cult-de-sac and Kody may change them.  Nothing that bunch does surprises me much.  They (Caleb & Maddie) would have done well to stay away.  I guess the pull of easy money from TLC won out.  Too bad.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Hanging around the cult-de-sac and Kody may change them.  Nothing that bunch does surprises me much.  They (Caleb & Maddie) would have done well to stay away.  I guess the pull of easy money from TLC won out.  Too bad.

I can see TLC looking for a spin off like they did with the Duggars.  Second generation of Sister Wives - show the gradual dissolution of Caleb's brain from spending too much time bromancing his doofus father-in-law.  Followed by the indoctrination of Maddie into the Church of the of Sister Wifelettes.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Did Caleb say he was considering polygamy? I don't really remember.

I thought they had decided against it. ... ???

Caleb has never said it on television --/ but with the way Kody fawns over him --- I wouldn't be surprised if there was private discussions about it. 

• Love 3

I can visualize it in my head.  Kody and Caleb (will he change his name to Kaleb?) sitting in a Starbucks.  Kody reaches over and puts his arm on C/Kaleb's shoulder, gazes deep into his eyes, and says, "Heavenly Father has given me a testimony.  He wants you to take another wife.  Tell Maddie that it's God's will, and she'll go along with it."

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

He wants you to take another wife.

And here's the cool part.  You not only get your own planet, you can screw a different sheep wife every night!  And they can't do a thing about it because now you're the Faux Prophet of your little harem church.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I wonder how much she's making off this by shilling it.  Probably more than UNICEF.

The "hard work of motherhood" whilst being a stay at home mom with no job?  Gee, it must be exhausting.

She IS working very hard!

4 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

I don't get the fabfitfun thing... why would anyone pay for a box of random products you might or might not not use? 

I don't understand it.

Beauty boxes are popular but they usually contain at least a couple of fun items, or samples of things that are too expensive to try otherwise. This one looks terrible. Cottonelle is not my idea of a luxury brand. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Beauty boxes are popular but they usually contain at least a couple of fun items, or samples of things that are too expensive to try otherwise. This one looks terrible. Cottonelle is not my idea of a luxury brand. 

I think I'll keep saying no.  LOL.

Edited by Jellybeans
On 9/16/2017 at 1:08 PM, Galloway Cave said:

Hey! The Corn Cans of Decorating Strife (both versions) make an appearance in that IG!

This made me laugh/snort.  Good times.

On 9/16/2017 at 7:34 AM, CofCinci said:

She IS working very hard!

Hey, those items don't just magically appear in that picture, you know.  She must've spent considerable time making it look artfully cluttered yet perfectly product-placed.  See that palette resting casually yet craftily on the top corner of the computer?  You think it got there all by itself?  

But LOLZ at the lil' bag of what I think are garlic croutons peeking up over the top of the laptop...leftover from Janelle's garden-fresh organic STRIVE salad, most likely.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 6

It was surprisingly decent of her to acknowledge that people without kids aren't meaningless losers. I still think it's sad that she gave up on all her plans so early, though. She married so young -- she could've finished a BA and JD and still had plenty of time for kids afterward. 

• Love 2