Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, MrSmith said:

Be careful! This is likely to give at least some of us nightmares. And I already had my fair share of (non-Brown-cult related) nightmares last night.

I am SOOO sorry for the disturbing visual! Bunnies, kittens, puppies, ice cream sundaes, donuts...  Does that help?  I realize that some things put into ones brain cannot be removed.  Please apologize to Mrs Smith for me is you wake up screaming the next few days.  HA!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, wings707 said:

Maddie was born into this and Cody married into it.  It is was not a conscious decision!  Clearly they get pay when they are on an episode but they rarely are.  They seem like nice kids to me.

Again, I will defend.  LOL!  I don't see slovenly at all.   Caleb dresses like a guy who grew up in the rural northwest.  She looks good.  Our personal style changes over time, mine did.  I wore long Indian print skirts and dresses in the 60s and I am sure many looked down their nose at me, putting me in the lazy hippie category.  I had a full time well paying job (flight attendant) at the time.  No one would have guessed that!   My husband was the chief engineer for a manufacturing company.  He kept his beard trimmed and wore appropriate clothes to work.  Caleb would do the same if a job required that.  

It isn't their fashion to me.  I am a casual kind of gal as is Mr. Natalie.  If you saw me at home you would be wondering how I had any room to make this comment (frankly the only time I am not in jammies is when I am at work).  They look like showering is not a priority.  I am probably seeing something that isn't there and it may be that there are only a couple of Browns I sorta like (Maddie isn't one of them) but that is my first impression when I see them.  Like when I see the Duggar kids.  That house has to smell like a combo of peanut butter and ass.  But I have been known to make a irrational judgement or two.  For example, every time I would look at Keifer Sutherland all I could think of was he looked like he had horrible breath.  I will go to my corner...

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

It isn't their fashion to me.  I am a casual kind of gal as is Mr. Natalie.  If you saw me at home you would be wondering how I had any room to make this comment (frankly the only time I am not in jammies is when I am at work).  They look like showering is not a priority.  I am probably seeing something that isn't there and it may be that there are only a couple of Browns I sorta like (Maddie isn't one of them) but that is my first impression when I see them.  Like when I see the Duggar kids.  That house has to smell like a combo of peanut butter and ass.  But I have been known to make a irrational judgement or two.  For example, every time I would look at Keifer Sutherland all I could think of was he looked like he had horrible breath.  I will go to my corner...

Maddie has naturally curly/frizzy hair and she puts a bunch of product on it to make it look straighter.  She tortures it into a style that it cannot achieve.   It does make her hair look dirty.  If Caleb trimmed his beard he would look clean.  I think the scraggly face makes it seem like he has not showered.  

Hopefully Maddie will go with her natural  curl and stop trying to fight it.  It really does look bad most of the time. 

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

For example, every time I would look at Keifer Sutherland all I could think of was he looked like he had horrible breath.  I will go to my corner...

Well, if it makes you feel better, I've always thought that, too. Ever since Lost Boys, which is probably the first film I saw him in. Maybe it's because I imagine a vampire's breath would have to reek because blood doesn't smell good.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Maddie has naturally curly/frizzy hair and she puts a bunch of product on it to make it look straighter.  She tortures it into a style that it cannot achieve.   It does make her hair look dirty.  If Caleb trimmed his beard he would look clean.  I think the scraggly face makes it seem like he has not showered.  

Hopefully Maddie will go with her natural  curl and stop trying to fight it.  It really does look bad most of the time. 

Her hair would be a challenge.  I really thought it looked good when it was blonde.  I think part of the problem is the uneven color that happens when you do it yourself.  

7 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

I was surprised to see that Maddie has colored her hair while pregnant. Many believe it is not safe to use hair dye while pregnant. What is her natural color anyway?!?!

I have no idea about bleach/lightening, but there are safe options after the first trimester for color.

On 3/26/2017 at 11:43 AM, Juliegirlj said:

I was surprised to see that Maddie has colored her hair while pregnant. Many believe it is not safe to use hair dye while pregnant. What is her natural color anyway?!?!

If I'm not mistaken, she is naturally a curly-haired blonde.  Why she insists on forcing it into a straight, dark brown or red is beyond me, and she's been doing that for years.  I am not one to talk, but the combo of coloring blonde hair dark and frying it into straightness seems like a bad idea, long-term.

• Love 2
On 3/20/2017 at 6:21 PM, wings707 said:

I adore this couple.  In the late 60s my husband had a beard and wore flannel shirts in the winter.  That is what country or alternative guys do in the northwest.  They are adorable!  He doesn't need to change his clothes or shave for me to see the good, authentic guy who loves her dearly.   She will laugh at the flower belt in time. 

Thank you Wings.  You seem to be a lone voice in this so just wanted to jump on your bandwagon.  I co-sign to all of this.  I love Caleb's style and would much rather see them portraying themselves as the authentic, down to earth, hometown, rustic individuals that I believe them to be.

Edited by sharkerbaby
  • Love 2

I'd like to think that's what they are if they hadn't moved to Vegas and have no jobs. If they were both still in Wyoming or where ever they were and working. Or even in Vegas and working. Maddie has said a lot of things she was going to do done none of it. Meanwhile she has siblings who work or go to college.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

I'd like to think that's what they are if they hadn't moved to Vegas and have no jobs. If they were both still in Wyoming or where ever they were and working. Or even in Vegas and working. Maddie has said a lot of things she was going to do done none of it. Meanwhile she has siblings who work or go to college.

Yeah...they became a couple of Browns instead of starting their own family in their own home.

• Love 7

So are they actually in Vegas living in the Cul De Sac?  That makes me sooo sad, Maddie was my favourite and one of the ones I had high hopes for.  I get the reality money would be difficult to pass up but I'm sure there would be enough interest to check in on them in Wyoming while they have the baby, like when Josh and Anna Duggar moved to DC.

22 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

So we're no longer subscribing to the "modest is hottest" belief?  I mean LOOK AT HER BARE ARMS!!!!

That modest trip is Kody and the wives.  I don't think much of their beliefs are mirrored in their kids.  

I see no problem in riding the reality wave while it lasts.  It will help set them up for their future.  I would do the same.  I don't see there being a morality issue here.  I see it as smart.  Meri has lots of room in a nice house, why not?   

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Hasn't she been pregnant for about 15 months now?  I mean, with the Brown's sense of creative time arrangement, who knows?

I wonder who will give birth first:  Maddie or April the Giraffe in New York.  They both look like they're about to explode.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Wonder what Caleb is doing now that they've moved to Vegas.   Is Maddie the only one "working"?  Quotes as I can't bring myself to call taking pics of ugly clothing a job.

He's keeping his dopey FIL company.  They're keeping the bromance going.

8 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I must have missed this one. An annual subscription is $180, you get a box every 4 months. A seasonal subscription, one box, is $50. I guess she would get a discount.

https://www.instagram.com/madison_rose11/?hl=en

When I first saw the picture I thought it was a LLR ad.

The first thing I thought when I saw her in those ridiculous sunglasses was "Don Johnson called and he wants his Miami Vice shades back."

• Love 1
4 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

I had to google what a "roundie" was.  I can't keep up with what the hip unemployed and pregnant kids are into these days.

Why can't they just call it a doily? That's what it is. There's no need to invent new terminology for a concept that is probably literally centuries old. I can't stand these fucking hipsters. They think every damn thing they discover is some new fucking concept that was just invented in the last 2 months. To them I say "Melt in hell, you stupid special snowflakes."

ETA: And I love how it's called "FabFitFun", as if anyone in the Brown family (adult or child) is the least bit acquainted with "fit"!

Edited by MrSmith
  • Love 7
43 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

Why can't they just call it a doily? That's what it is. There's no need to invent new terminology for a concept that is probably literally centuries old. I can't stand these fucking hipsters. They think every damn thing they discover is some new fucking concept that was just invented in the last 2 months. To them I say "Melt in hell, you stupid special snowflakes."

ETA: And I love how it's called "FabFitFun", as if anyone in the Brown family (adult or child) is the least bit acquainted with "fit"!

Lol. I don't think you found the correct definition of roundie!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=roundie

• Love 3
On 3/6/2017 at 5:35 PM, CofCinci said:

I think he's in the field where you get laid off/furloughed several times each year. 

Yup, I believe Caleb used to work in the oil industry (I think it was fixing refinery equipment?). With the downturn, I bet he got laid off. 

13 hours ago, MrSmith said:

@wings707 Well! Thanks for clearing that up. I think.... LOL

She received a Gypsy 05 Roundie which is a round beach towel.  The company is clearly unaware of the slang definition!

61cPlCJZbrL._AC_US200_.jpg

• Love 3

@wings707 Clearly. LOL. It looks like a giant doily. The colors are nice. (Of course, I'm partial to blue.) I could live without the pattern. Do you think a round towel is superior to a rectangular one? (As in, do you think one shape would be inherently better than the other?)

Edited by MrSmith
  • Love 1
On 4/15/2017 at 7:59 AM, MrSmith said:

@wings707 Clearly. LOL. It looks like a giant doily. The colors are nice. (Of course, I'm partial to blue.) I could live without the pattern. Do you think a round towel is superior to a rectangular one? (As in, do you think one shape would be inherently better than the other?)

It looks like it would cover more of you, if wet and chilly.  Just something new to tempt people into thinking they need it. :^) A bother to fold and store though. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, CofCinci said:

He'd look even better with a job. 

Sorry to say, Caleb seems to be reality TV star-struck, or something.

Wasn't Maddie aiming toward law school?  I wonder if she'll regret having a baby/babies and giving up that dream.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

orry to say, Caleb seems to be reality TV star-struck, or something.

Wasn't Maddie aiming toward law school?  I wonder if she'll regret having a baby/babies and giving up that dream.

From what we can tell, they have both got first class seats on the TLC gravy train.  No need to work.  Maddie can sort leggings until she pops out the kid and then kick back and make money from People pictures and the "reality"s show.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 4/30/2017 at 1:10 PM, CofCinci said:

He'd look even better with a job. 

From what I've seen on Maddie's twitter, he has a job in LV, but I'm not sure what he's doing. 

Edited by NotEatingKale

When I hear those stories of amazingly long labors at home especially on reality shows like this, I always wonder about them and if it was real true labor the entire time.  I think many of them count from when the water broke or they felt a Braxton Hicks contraction.   I have a feeling the twelve hours of hard labor may have been twelve hours of real labor.  Although I could be wrong, but Jessa Duggar was out eating lunch during part of her supposed labor and Jill went and got a couple pedicure so they make me wonder. 

• Love 5

Yeah, they're making shit up when they say it was 72 hours of labor. This is belied by the fact they even say there was 4 hours of pushing. So, it's like @Absolom is saying like what the Duggar girls did.

• Love 1

Axel Brush. 

Huh. 

That kid is facing a lot of bullying.  And since his clueless parents got the ball rolling it will include other variations like Hair Brush, Paint Brush, and Toilet Brush.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

That kid is facing a lot of bullying.  And since his clueless parents got the ball rolling it will include other variations like Hair Brush, Paint Brush, and Toilet Brush.

If the next baby is a girl, they can name her Toaster in honor of Christine.  Toaster Shark Brush.  Has a nice ring to it.

• Love 3