Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Boom Boom In The Laundry Room

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

I'm sure this has been mentioned somewhere in the comments, but didn't see in this thread.  From what we've been shown, I think the start of Leon's war on Kate stemmed from his overhearing her dissing his weak high-end yacht experience, with a clear disdain for his QEII chef-dom.  Someone upthread mentioned that he may have just been one in a line of prep chefs for that ship but he fancies himself quite the culinary artiste and this was an offense that set his ego on fire.  

Nah, I think Leon had disdain for Kate long before any of that happened. As soon as he stepped onto the boat he was giving her orders about how many pillows he liked. He doesn't seem to really get along with anyone on the crew except Rocky, so I think he is just a general asshole.

• Love 10

He seems to get along well enough with Eddie, and the few interactions we've seen between him and the deckhands were at least not blatantly unpleasant. Of course, he mostly doesn't work closely with any of them so there's probably no friction from horrible impositions like telling him what the guests want to eat and when they'd like to have their meals ready.

• Love 3

I'm sure this has been mentioned somewhere in the comments, but didn't see in this thread.  From what we've been shown, I think the start of Leon's war on Kate stemmed from his overhearing her dissing his weak high-end yacht experience, with a clear disdain for his QEII chef-dom.  Someone upthread mentioned that he may have just been one in a line of prep chefs for that ship but he fancies himself quite the culinary artiste and this was an offense that set his ego on fire.  

He's an incredibly unappealing character (also not fun to look at, imo) and obviously has a problem with empowered women, which is why silly Rocky is the only female on staff he plays well with.  Just an allover yuck, it would be sweet satisfaction to see Captain Lee finally step up, boot him and get colorful Ben back on board.

I appreciate Kate's taking her role seriously, I'd love to work with someone like her.  I'm impressed with how she's handled the arrogant bastard.  Her blog hinted that she is fearful Leon's aggressive tone could turn to sabotage.  She's strong, but he definitely has an intimidating manner.  I too was disappointed that Amy felt stuck in the middle until she herself experienced his passive aggressive don't give a fuck what you think attitude.

It was cool to see Rocky and Connie surfing like badass surfers.

I enjoy this show just a bit too much.

I didn't like Leon's tone from the git go, neither his delivery. It's short, curt, "my way like it or not" and he cuts people off. Since he staged with Marco Pierre White and Gordon Ramsey (strong personalities) maybe he fancies himself a culinary God  and took on their persona  and expects everyone to bow to his superiority even though he hasn't got the goods.

When people tell you and show you who they are believe them. He has stated he thinks the crew are yahoos to the captain and that the guests are "assholes", he stated doesn't care what comes out of the kitchen if he is not interested in it. He doesn't care about guests requests. It's always somebody else's fault and he accepts no responsibility. He threatened Kate by saying he's going to " keep her on her toes" and that she "better be careful". He does not share his plans with the chief stew who must give orders to her staff and deal with  the guests directly. He doesn't care. He has said it. He has shown it.

He is misogynistic and only tolerates Rocky because she is a sycophant. He doesn't take on the men but he thinks he is superior to them.

And sadly the captain witnesses this does not take action.

It does affect the guests experience because even though they may not have known what was going on at the time,  their experience on board could have been more magical. I do think that when the guests who came on board and chartered with them see this series they will feel that things could have been so, so much better. They will hear with their own ears that Leon didn't care about their experience he only cared about himself and no one else. That he was told about special requests and either outright refused to accommodate, or didn't care enough to make the effort.

Leon hurt the image and life of the boat far, far more than anyone. He affected not only the crew but more importantly he affected  the guests experience.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 15

It's possible but I don't think this necessarily indicates they didn't. It was brought up on the forum before, because we were led to believe it just happened out of nowhere and that Rocky was making this up for attention or something, but if they really did hook up and Eddie didn't want anyone to know, that's different.

Fair point.

He seems to get along well enough with Eddie, and the few interactions we've seen between him and the deckhands were at least not blatantly unpleasant. Of course, he mostly doesn't work closely with any of them so there's probably no friction from horrible impositions like telling him what the guests want to eat and when they'd like to have their meals ready.

I think what it boils down to is that Leon does not like those who see through him for what he is- both Kate and now Amy have commented on his laziness and lack of passion and he's bitten at both of them. The deckhands don't really seem to care much and Rocky is cheering him on, so he's got no enemies there. He knows Kate and Amy have his number and therefore acts like an asshole to them.

Edited by BogoGog24
  • Love 6

Ugh, I hated those guests.  The Primary screamed "cool white boy," like someone who wants to be Adam Levine or something.   And taking a  picture with the money?  Not even low class, how about NO class.

Leon is probably a great chef, but he needs to understand that when you are a chef on a yacht, you have to do what the guests want, even if they are a bunch of douchebags with nasty looking girlfriends who have no breasts, behinds or curves.  If they want to eat the penises of bulls, you serve that to them, even if you think it's gross.  Amy was trying to tell him to be a "worker among workers" that they all want the same thing, a big ass tip.  

I think Kate has been doing this job for too long.  If I'm not mistaken, I think she once said she was in this industry to meet a wealthy man.  That never happened, so maybe it's time for Kate to move on, she could be a great event planner if she can manage a to smile for more than a few seconds.  Also, if someone says they don't like you, don't try to have a conversation with them, and don't have that person's name in your mouth, just cut them off.   I also wonder if Kate doesn't like Leon because he doesn't kiss her ass the way Ben did.  I remember Ben was always late with the food, something I can't stand.  I hate lateness.  I don't know if Leon is a misogynist but I do sense that Kate might be a bigot, don't know why, I just get a funny feeling about her, like she thinks her shit doesn't stink.  

Captain Lee was right to get rid of Dane; what a wacko, and a dangerous one too.  

If Eddie wants to hook up with Rocky, go for it.  I think he's being a fool, but hey, no one's married and everybody's an adult, so I have no problem with it. 

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 2

They're down to two charters left, right? That's a week left in the "season" on these short charters. Captain Lee would have a devil of a time replacing Leon for just that week. It's one thing to be a deckhand or stew short, but the chef? That would stop the show cold.

Hence we have Ben coming in at some point to save the day. I expect Lee and the producers are working their asses off behind the scenes to try to fill Leon's position before he storms out and screws them.

• Love 2
If I was paying that kind of money for a charter I would be furious to find out I was being served frozen seafood...while we're on a boat. In. The. Ocean!

Agree. It's inexcusable to not have your pick of fresh seafood on a Bahamian yacht charter, FFS!

As for the rest of my opinions on Leon, boom - Giselle dropped the mic on that one! No more need be said.

• Love 4

I didn't like Leon's tone from the git go, neither his delivery. It's short, curt, "my way like it or not" and he cuts people off. Since he staged with Marco Pierre White and Gordon Ramsey (strong personalities) maybe he fancies himself a culinary God  and took on their persona  and expects everyone to bow to his superiority even though he hasn't got the goods.

When people tell you and show you who they are believe them. He has stated he thinks the crew are yahoos to the captain and that the guests are "assholes", he stated doesn't care what comes out of the kitchen if he is not interested in it. He doesn't care about guests requests. It's always somebody else's fault and he accepts no responsibility. He threatened Kate by saying he's going to " keep her on her toes" and that she "better be careful". He does not share his plans with the chief stew who must give orders to her staff and deal with  the guests directly. He doesn't care. He has said it. He has shown it.

He is misogynistic and only tolerates Rocky because she is a sycophant. He doesn't take on the men but he thinks he is superior to them.

And sadly the captain witnesses this does not take action.

It does affect the guests experience because even though they may not have known what was going on at the time,  their experience on board could have been more magical. I do think that when the guests who came on board and chartered with them see this series they will feel that things could have been so, so much better. They will hear with their own ears that Leon didn't care about their experience he only cared about himself and no one else. That he was told about special requests and either outright refused to accommodate, or didn't care enough to make the effort.

Leon hurt the image and life of the boat far, far more than anyone. He affected not only the crew but more importantly he affected  the guests experience.

Applause, applause, applause!!!  Excellent post - I agree with it all!  

• Love 3

I still think Kate took huge offence at Leon when they first met and instead of his being impressed with her he curtly told her he'd be needing two pillows.  I think she's waited for him to fail patiently ever since, even helping him by quietly letting him dig himself in deeper and deeper instead of telling him off or going straight to the captain and letting him know the situation, and that the guests are not being treated as they should.  She knows he resents her and with every 'polite' request or suggestion from her that his blood boils just a little more.  I have a feeling she's secretly having a blast at his expense.

There's a whole new Kate we're seeing here compared to the Kate of a couple of seasons ago who arrogantly sneered at a guest's request for a mojito with mint by laughing and throwing basil (I think it was) into the drink and serving it with such a superior attitude, even laughing about their ignorance.  Leon is gross and probably narcissistic, but Kate is as well.  IMO

• Love 6

This is only Kate's second season on the show. My only beef with her in her first season was her being blatantly mean to Amy, whom I think she felt threatened by. Her alliance with Kat made zero sense last season.

Leon is just plain miserable. His seething anger at Kate is just beyond rationale. She tries to right the ship between them for the purpose of doing their job & he viciously attacks her. He is taking out whatever issues he came on that boat with on her and it's not pretty. For the life of me, I cannot understand why he came on this show. It couldn't have been to show off his culinary skills.

• Love 7

Ugh, I hated those guests.  The Primary screamed "cool white boy," like someone who wants to be Adam Levine or something.   And taking a  picture with the money?  Not even low class, how about NO class.

Leon is probably a great chef, but he needs to understand that when you are a chef on a yacht, you have to do what the guests want, even if they are a bunch of douchebags with nasty looking girlfriends who have no breasts, behinds or curves.  If they want to eat the penises of bulls, you serve that to them, even if you think it's gross.  Amy was trying to tell him to be a "worker among workers" that they all want the same thing, a big ass tip.  

I think Kate has been doing this job for too long.  If I'm not mistaken, I think she once said she was in this industry to meet a wealthy man.  That never happened, so maybe it's time for Kate to move on, she could be a great event planner if she can manage a to smile for more than a few seconds.  Also, if someone says they don't like you, don't try to have a conversation with them, and don't have that person's name in your mouth, just cut them off.   I also wonder if Kate doesn't like Leon because he doesn't kiss her ass the way Ben did.  I remember Ben was always late with the food, something I can't stand.  I hate lateness.  I don't know if Leon is a misogynist but I do sense that Kate might be a bigot, don't know why, I just get a funny feeling about her, like she thinks her shit doesn't stink.  

Captain Lee was right to get rid of Dane; what a wacko, and a dangerous one too.  

If Eddie wants to hook up with Rocky, go for it.  I think he's being a fool, but hey, no one's married and everybody's an adult, so I have no problem with it. 

If not liking lazy belligerent jackasses makes you a bigot, then I guess I might be one too.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 16

biakbiak, SAID

Kate can't just write Leon off their job is to work together.

Exactly! Hello, they must communicate with eachother. Also, calling Kate a bigot yet again. Seriously? That's a cheap shot and totally unfounded. I'm also with yourmomiseasy- I guess that makes me and a lot of other people on this board bigots. How about Leon is simply a misogynistic douchebag and hack of a chef?

• Love 10

I think she's waited for him to fail patiently ever since, even helping him by quietly letting him dig himself in deeper and deeper instead of telling him off or going straight to the captain and letting him know the situation, and that the guests are not being treated as they should.  She knows he resents her and with every 'polite' request or suggestion from her that his blood boils just a little more.  I have a feeling she's secretly having a blast at his expense.

Yeah, Kate is loving Leon's self-destruction. Her most recent effort to "make peace" (the attempt to talk to him in the galley) was just another poke at the beast. She's gotten much smoother at her manipulative ways.

• Love 4

I think Kate is also smart enough to realize all of their actions are being caught on camera. As the episodes air, Lee is now seeing Leon's behavior, whether he was there to witness it in person or not. And on the converse, he sees how Kate and Amy reacted very calmly and didn't try to fight back or engage in an argument. They can at least have the safety of knowing Lee will see their efforts to deal with a difficult coworker and either reward them somehow, or at least they will look good in Lee's eyes and be able to keep their jobs. Not to mention that Leon's actions being displayed on camera could potentially decrease his chances at another job. In the long run Leon will get what he deserves and Kate knows that, so there's no point in reacting to anything he does- just wait for him to self destruct.

Also, can we please not body shame? Not having breasts, butts, or curves does not make someone "nasty looking."

Edited by BogoGog24
  • Love 4

The words misogynistic and sexist are as offensive as the word bigot. I mean, we each have our own opinions and interpretations of what we are seeing, sometimes they can be critical.

And I for one admit to body shaming in this very thread as others have in the past in this forum, I mentioned Eddie's weight gain and facial puffiness. Ha sorry bout that.

I like how Amy's been wearing her hair this season. The highlights and waves suit her.

Rocky is so loud and has that honking laugh and is such a s****** ham. Ugh can you imagine that in bed?

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 2

I don't get why it's body shaming to say that someone looks like a twelve year old boy.  It's my opinion that healthy grown women are supposed to look like twelve year old boys and to me, the primary's girlfriend looked like a teenage boy, with nasty hair extensions.  

And if I think Kate's a bigot, that's my opinion.  I don't think Leon's a misogynist just because he doesn't like Kate and Amy.  I said that Leon was wrong in the way that he treated the guests, even though the guy screamed DOUCHEBAG, he still should have served him whatever food he wanted to eat.  

I just can't with Kate and her nonsense.  If Leon doesn't want to talk to you, then don't talk to him.  I would think Kate would know better, she is, I'm sure over the age of forty.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3

I thought the primary's gf had boobs. Implant boobs, but still...

I'm so glad Dane is gone. His parents must be so proud of their loser son. I'm sure he's been coddled all his life. He was way too scary drunk. Can't believe he has a girlfriend.

I was surprised that Connie didn't smear her breasts with some food this episode-unless I missed it.

• Love 3

I thought the primary's gf had boobs. Implant boobs, but still...

I'm so glad Dane is gone. His parents must be so proud of their loser son. I'm sure he's been coddled all his life. He was way too scary drunk. Can't believe he has a girlfriend.

I was surprised that Connie didn't smear her breasts with some food this episode-unless I missed it.

Drunk Dane, prior to getting scary angry, was giving me a drunk Matthew McConaughey vibe. I think it was his Southern accent and slurring, and in the previous episode I think he even drumbled (drunk+rambling+mumbled) "all right, all right".

Maybe Connie smeared herself with ketchup and mustard and two strategically placed pickles and the editors decided to spare us the sight.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 3

Kate should not have critiqued Leon's work experience to the other crew members; however I think she's probably spot on in her assessment that his experience did not prepare him for being a yacht chef. Leon saw Rocky standing behind Kate when he was verbally attacking her, and he didn't give a seconds thought to how inappropriate his behavior was in the situation. His refusal to speak to Kate in the galley, but instead to communicate thru Rocky was just ridiculous.

• Love 3

Eddie may have gotten softer, and I hated the texts, too -- but that sideways whateveritwas on the stripper pole?  That's a pretty strong guy.  And despite unstable drunkard Dane towering over him, he didn't back down an inch, nor did he escalate the situation. 

So everything worked out about even for Eddie in my books.  

• Love 7

I just want everyone to know that I made myself an amazing chicken quesadilla.  I had some leftover rotisserie chicken breasts, cilantro, and grilled poblanos, a perfectly ripe avocado, and cacique dos quesos blend.  I cooked it in a cast iron skillet, so it is crunchy on the outside and perfectly melty on the inside.  I made a lime/mint agua fresca to go with.  Leon should take notes. 

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 11

I just want everyone to know that I made myself an amazing chicken quesadilla.  I had some leftover rotisserie chicken breasts, cilantro, and grilled poblanos, a perfectly ripe avocado, and cacique dos quesos blend.  I cooked it in a cast iron skillet, so it is crunchy on the outside and perfectly melty on the inside.  I made a lime/mint agua fresca to go with.  Leon should take notes. 

Maybe you should apply for the job.....sounds like a very upscale quesadilla!!!  :-)

• Love 3

Drunk Dane, prior to getting scary angry, was giving me a drunk Matthew McConaughey vibe. I think it was his Southern accent and slurring, and in the previous episode I think he even drumbled (drunk+rambling+mumbled) "all right, all right".

Ha! And they've even been showing the McConaughey Lincoln ads during the show! :)

• Love 4

Wow. Leon's response to Kate was the height of rudeness. "I don't care what you think." Wringing his sponge with his back turned when she tried to have the conversation that NEEDED to happen. I would never treat a co-worker that way. Height of rudeness. He acted like a spoiled brat in that scene. Just when I was starting to like him...

• Love 7

BogoGog24 SAID:

Also, can we please not body shame? Not having breasts, butts, or curves does not make someone "nasty looking."

- Agreed! And in some cases, it can make you a fashion model ;-). Personally, I will take long and lean any day. It boggles my mind when women make comments like that. We come in all shapes and sizes, and not having obvious curves does not make you a little boy. Please. That's like someone  saying that huge tits and asses are vulgar.

• Love 5

LOL.  Right?  He's so ridiculously lazy and rude that I almost hate to see him go before he totally and officially throws his career in the toilet. 

Oh, I think that ship has sailed.  I feel Leon will quite regret appearing on TV.  He really showed his @ss.  Good luck getting hired for future gigs Chef Leon.

Ha! And they've even been showing the McConaughey Lincoln ads during the show! :)

Hee! I noticed that too.  Except McConaughey was sober.

- Agreed! And in some cases, it can make you a fashion model ;-). Personally, I will take long and lean any day. It boggles my mind when women make comments like that. We come in all shapes and sizes, and not having obvious curves does not make you a little boy. Please. That's like someone  saying that huge tits and asses are vulgar.

Oh, toward the end of the episode the camera cut to a shot of the Primary's GF lying on her stomach sunning herself.  Her butt was to die for!  Perfect @ss.  I would kill to have a posterior like that.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 6

I guess as far as the "Kate is a bigot" thing goes, we'll know for sure because I think in a future episode Cynthia Bailey from The Real Housewives of Atlanta will be on. I'm doubtful Kate will treat her the way she treats Leon. Because Cynthia doesn't act like a rude asshole.

• Love 8

Tweet him your recipe! He'll probably use left over beef cheeks instead of chicken.

• Love 8

There are four more charters.  Captain Lee said in a recent blog or twitter that three more people are going.  One was Dane, which leaves two people to be kicked off, not just Leon.  That would be either Rocky, Emile, or Eddie, methinks.

Yikes.   Eddie's love life got a hold of him this season.  He needs to flip the order of certain things in his life if he is going to be a captain.  I hope he makes it.  And, I hope he doesn't get kicked off Captain Lee's boat.

These people have to remember they are on TV.  Andy has said a few times the show is a big buzz in the yachting world.  These people have tons of eyes on them - not just from the general public, but from prospective employers.

• Love 1

LoveBug1975

and he said $1300/week is a tough budget for 18 people.  ......ok..........over 5k a month for food, a little under 300 dollars per person.  is that a tough food budget for anyone here?

How much are beef cheeks per pound? How much food will Connie spread on her "boobies" (TM Heidi Klum)? Do we have a coupon for refrigerator biscuits in case we want sliders for a snack? Is the mermaid staying for dinner? Because.... well, it matters.

• Love 1

Regarding the words "bigot", "misogynist" and "sexist", I don't personally see any problem with using them. It's not like we're using racial slurs or homophobic slurs. We're on a message board dissecting our impressions of reality TV characters. My typing "Leon is misogynistic" is simply short hand for a particular comment he made that was misogynistic to me.

For what its worth- Neurochick and I are on opposite ends of the spectrum. She thinks Kate's a bigot* (I believe- not to put words in her mouth!), and I think Leon is a sexist jerk. This doesn't make me respect Neurochick any less or wish to censor her opinion. I look forward to hearing different point of view than my own.

More importantly- Eddie is acting like an idiot. Hooking up with a crew member is not a good look! Not if you hope to be Captain someday. He's acting very drama king about his ex. She probably went to a party, so he screwed Rocky "on camera" to get back at her. Lovely. I do think that MAJOR SPOILER ALERT:

Eddie gets the plane ticket home

due to a preview that I saw that no one else seems to have seen.

The butt cheeks: I don't understand this bathing suit style. Why not throw on a thong or well, anything else? Rocky has a great figure, why she wears that mess is beyond me.

Need more Amy please.

And yes, as noted grown women can be 80 lbs. soaking wet and look fucking beautiful (as long as they're not wearing butt suits- no one looks good in a butt suit.) They can menstruate, have babies, "enjoy" the wage gap and everything else that women get to experience. Likewise, women can be curvy, thick, heavy (fill in any euphemism) and look fucking beautiful. Women (in general) are so hard on themselves. Men (in general) are not as picky, trust and believe. My (male) partner knows never to put down a[ny] woman's body in my presence, or I'll be sending him a plane ticket home!

ALSO : A lot of people have trigger words/comments. As witnessed here with body shaming, sexist, misogynistic, moist bigot, and diagnosing people through TV. I apologize upfront for thinking that Captain Lee is a body shaming, sexist, bigot, who always appears moist and probably has some kind of sweat gland problem.

If he would only gain 20 lbs. he'd be a real man.

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 3

LoveBug1975

How much are beef cheeks per pound? How much food will Connie spread on her "boobies" (TM Heidi Klum)? Do we have a coupon for refrigerator biscuits in case we want sliders for a snack? Is the mermaid staying for dinner? Because.... well, it matters.

that's the budget for the crew, not the guests.  guests have unlimited budgets.

• Love 1

Remember, Eddie isn't Rocky's or Amy's boss; although he's technically higher in the org chart they report to Kate, not him. While sleeping with a fellow crew member is questionable judgment, it's not a violation of business ethics the way that sex with a direct report like Connie (or Emile) would be.

I would imagine most of that $1300/week food budget is earmarked for guests rather than crew, as we've mainly seen the latter eating pizza with a brief detour into Salmonellaville. I would also think that fresh seafood and local fruits like mangoes, bananas, breadfruit, and coconuts would be dirt cheap in the Caymans.

pretty sure that's just crew.  from what i've read, these yachts charge guests for their food and extra expenses (base yacht charge plus expenses), so they have no budget limit.  that don julio alone may cost just 100 bucks mainland, but cost 300 in the bahamas.  no way these charter guests can live off of 1300/week with all that top shelf booze and beef cheeks.

• Love 2

That just makes Leon's failures even worse. At least if there was any kind of budget for the guests' food, it'd be a bit more understandable. But if he's got an unlimited budget, there is no reason he can't get all the proper ingredients to make what the guests asked for.

• Love 7

Where did you see this preview?  Was it on tv or is it on the Bravo website?

More importantly- Eddie is acting like an idiot. Hooking up with a crew member is not a good look! Not if you hope to be Captain someday. He's acting very drama king about his ex. She probably went to a party, so he screwed Rocky "on camera" to get back at her. Lovely. I do think that MAJOR SPOILER ALERT:

due to a preview that I saw that no one else seems to have seen.

• Love 1

^ Agree. Also, I wouldn't put a lot of stock in previews anyway as they always manipulate things to make them seem different than how it actually happened. In the preview for next week's episode it makes it appear like Eddie gets a ticket home but I doubt this will actually happen.

• Love 1

Posts not following the previous mod note will, and have been, deleted without warning. Stay on topic by discussing this episode only. If you have a problem with a post, report it rather than calling each other out in the thread.

• Love 2

I've owned a restaurant and worked with guys like Leon before. In my opinion, its not that he's a bad guy or a bad chef. He is however a chef that believes that people come to eat his food to experience what he think belongs on the plate. So, no, he's not cooking you a quesadilla after having just made you a spectacular plate of something, because only a philistine would want something so low-brow after the perfection that he's decided to serve. He sees his role as the chef as a guide on a culinary trip, and if you step on board, you're going to eat what he wants to cook, served the way he wants to serve it, and when he wants to give it to you. Its no different than eating at a restaurant which doesn't provide salt or pepper to the customers because everything is seasoned exactly the way it should be.

In Leon's mind, what Kate wants him to be is something akin to a short order cook, which is far from how he sees himself. Its why he could be successful on a ship like the QE2 and still fail miserably at cooking on the Eros. He doesn't want to blow people away, because they don't know enough to judge him anyway. And the longer he's on board and forced to make chocolate and cheese cream brownies on the fly, the less respect he has for his staff. His expectation is that Kate is going to tell the guests "chef knows best" and her position is "the guest is always right". Couple that with the fact that both of them are flaming gits and you have this season in the galley.

• Love 2

I've owned a restaurant and worked with guys like Leon before. In my opinion, its not that he's a bad guy or a bad chef. He is however a chef that believes that people come to eat his food to experience what he think belongs on the plate. So, no, he's not cooking you a quesadilla after having just made you a spectacular plate of something, because only a philistine would want something so low-brow after the perfection that he's decided to serve. He sees his role as the chef as a guide on a culinary trip, and if you step on board, you're going to eat what he wants to cook, served the way he wants to serve it, and when he wants to give it to you. Its no different than eating at a restaurant which doesn't provide salt or pepper to the customers because everything is seasoned exactly the way it should be.

In Leon's mind, what Kate wants him to be is something akin to a short order cook, which is far from how he sees himself. Its why he could be successful on a ship like the QE2 and still fail miserably at cooking on the Eros. He doesn't want to blow people away, because they don't know enough to judge him anyway. And the longer he's on board and forced to make chocolate and cheese cream brownies on the fly, the less respect he has for his staff. His expectation is that Kate is going to tell the guests "chef knows best" and her position is "the guest is always right". Couple that with the fact that both of them are flaming gits and you have this season in the galley.

Then why in the world would he choose to take a job where precisely his orders are to cook whatever and whenever the guests want? If all he cares about is giving people what he thinks they should eat, then he should stick to restaurants. He knew full well before he signed up what his job would entail, that's like Rocky signing up to be a stew and then complaining about having to do laundry.

• Love 5

What bothers me most about Leon's complacency is that a lot of their income comes from those tips, and they depend on them. In this situation it's not like they can give one person more and take some out of another because their service was under par, so he is risking taking money from the rest of the crew when he pulls this passive aggressive bs. Thankfully they havent been docked that we know of, but it's just a matter of time.

I used to work for a major coffee chain that ends in "ucks", and we split the tips among everyone who worked there. Basically it was based on the number of hours you worked so each week they would get a total and divide it by the number of hours worked and then split it among the staff. It was always super frustrating though because everyone got the same amount regardless of what shift the work. The morning crew earned a majority of the tips, partially because they simply had more people come through, and partly because the people in the morning were more "Amy-like", and it was kinda known that the night shift kinda just coasted by, they didn't care so much about customer service. All of that to say, it sucks when someone who has a bad attitude has the potential to effect your income regardless of how hard you work.

• Love 4

Leon and Rocky are both horrible. Kate is right, Leon is a cruise ship chef not a gourmet chef. Seared scallops, really? Each guest gets 2 scallops with a 'smear' on their plate and a piece of endive and that's supposed to be gourmet? He called it 'scallops St. Jacques' but it was nothing more than seared scallops. Scallops St. Jacques has a cream sauce and a crust of bread crumbs.  Leon has no clue how to decorate a plate, he must have skipped that class in culinary school. And his comment to Amy "I could wow them if I want to". What is up with that? He obviously doesn't know how to wow anyone. Ben Robinson was a real gourmet chef and presented amazing dishes served with flair. His dinner selection and plating were impeccable. Leon is a joke. I think that all the animosity between Kate and Leon is because Kate knows he's a fraud an no 'gourmet chef'.

Rocky is annoying as f**k. The monologues when she's looking straight up to the ceiling instead of the camera is so stupid. She's very pretty and she knows it, but she's incredibly immature. I'm pretty tired of the way Bravo keeps insisting that she get in that dumb mermaid costume and splash around in the ocean, it's so lame. For some reason Rocky seems to think that this cruise is hers to enjoy and forgets she was hired to work not to play and screw around with the men on the yacht. The Eros is the most expensive to rent of any of the yachts in previous seasons. This one rents for approximately $32,000 a DAY. The guests paid for it, not Rocky but she seems to think she's the one entitled to use the yacht as her own playground. 

2ztezww.jpgReally?

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 2