Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Boom Boom In The Laundry Room

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

I liked this group of charter guests.  The Primary owned up to the fact that they were "new money" (not frontin') and how much he appreciated everyone's hard work/efforts.  The "ganster" rubber band was cute too.  I even liked the Primary's GF (although she was a tad high maintenance).  When she approached Kate about the special date night she hugged Kate and it seemed very nice, very kind and genuine.

I was thinking the exact same thing because you just KNOW Dane gets extremely fucked up on the regular.  I also wish Bravo would have bolded the text messages between Rocky and Eddie.  I had a hard time reading Eddie's texts to Rocky because it was white on white.  I rewound things a few times and still couldn't see what Eddie was texting her.  Of course I was too lazy to get up and move closer to the TV.

I guffawed when dumb-assed Leon took the 6-pack of Boost or Ensure out of the fridge.  Burn!  OMG.  Meal supplements for the elderly/infirmed?  Jesus Christo, I have never worked out and even I know the difference between protein shakes and meal supplements.  Leon looks like he pumps iron some so what gives?  Leon can't do anything right (except talk shit and talk down to the females).  If Leon didn't know the difference between protein shakes and Boost/Ensure why didn't he just ask someone?, or better yet, order both just to be on the safe side?  Dude can't even order provisions correctly.  I just don't get it.  Or him.

That's just it...he obviously does know the difference because he asked during the provisions meeting if the guests were going to be bringing their own "protein powders", and that's when the captain said he better order some to be safe.

And to take it one step further, does the dumb ass even know that he doesn't need protein powder to make a protein shake?  Does he realize that some health enthusiasts think the powders are poison? 

You can actually make a protein shake using real food, Leon.  Like kale.  The guest practically spelled it out for him.  Some chef he is.  Boxed brownies and Boost.  Guy's a joke.

I seriously wonder if it is a case that Leon just doesn't know HOW to order provisions for private charter yachts.  He said he worked on the QE2 in the past - more than likely, because that is a larger cruise ship (even though not a mega-ship like Royal Caribbean, etc., but a larger cruise ship than a private yacht), there are provisions officers who handle that type of thing, based on the pre-set and pre-determined menus for the various restaurants on board, or based on the menu items created by the HEAD chef.  There is no way in hell that Leon was anything more than an assistant or sous chef on that ship, if what we are seeing is an example of his expertise.  I would imagine that at that job, he probably was just slicing and dicing veggies, etc., doing food prep or early firing of the meats.  Or, if he was responsible for some dishes, the dishes were straight off the menu, and all he had to do was go to the cooler/refrigerator, and take out the ingredients that have already been stocked for that cruise.

He is extremely inflexible, and cannot vary from the menu that HE thinks the guests want, not WHAT it is the guests want (and, are paying for!!!).  So, they wanted a "surf and turf" and that didn't inspire him - why not make it the best effin' surf and turf the guests have ever had?  Why not cook those filet mignons to perfection, and prepare the lobster/prawns in a way that will make the guests want more?  Hell - I can do surf and turf at home (and I do, all the time), but the point of being a chef is to leave them wanting more of your food - not wanting you to make a chicken quesadilla to tide them over until breakfast.

And, I am probably one of the least healthy eating people on the planet, but I think I could muddle through creating a protein shake, using kale, bananas, almond milk, whatever else.  As someone upthread mentioned - a quick search on the internet would come up with probably thousands of easy recipes for protein drinks/shakes.  He is just a lazy, self-impressed, arrogant asshole!!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 8

I am in no way a protein shake enthusiast, but recently had to live off of them for about a week (long story short I passed out and hit my face on a rail and required stitches in my mouth, which made eating difficult until the stitches dissolved) in the hospital (I was required to be admitted over night because I happened to pass out AT the hospital, I was a nursing student and was there for Clinicals when I passed out) I was give ensure, which is similar to boost... I'm not gonna lie, it wasn't awful, but I'm guessing it has quite a bit of sugar because it tasted more milkshake like. Once I was making them on my own I got powder thinking it would be better... It was disgusting. All of that to say, if these people were avid protein shake lovers, whether they preferred powder or fresh they probably did NOT want the added sugar in boost. I googled protein shakes to find recipes since it was my only means of nutrition for a little more than a week and there is an abundance of recipes out there, and I am someone whose cooking skills go about as far as a blue box of Mac and cheese, so I'm guessing a chef could do even better than me. I just don't like Leon, but what annoys me more is that we know he is eventually going due to the previews with Ben, so every episode I'm thinking this is going to be it, but alas he's still there.

As far as Eddie, I kinda feel like he respects Amy too much or knows that she wouldn't be down for a random hook up. I mean a random girl at a bar may have been a better way to go than Rocky, but to each their own I guess.

• Love 7

random girl at a bar may have been a better way to go than Rocky, but to each their own I guess.

Yeah, too bad there didn't seem to be anybody else at that "resort" besides them. Great way to spend a day off! Being at a resort with the people I've been stuck on top of for the past month.

• Love 2

Yeah, too bad there didn't seem to be anybody else at that "resort" besides them. Great way to spend a day off! Being at a resort with the people I've been stuck on top of for the past month.

The resort is a very, very tiny little place - it only offers three cottages for guests.  Here's the website:  http://www.lubberslanding.com.  It is very rustic--a place to go to totally unwind from every day stress and busy lifestyle.  

Nice, but not exactly what I would call a 5-star resort.  With only three cottages, I guess the girls split two cottage (two girls per cottage) and the guys all bunked together?  

• Love 1

The Captain's blog this week is good.  He's really not happy with Leon.  He also says had he seen Rocky cheering on Leon's bad behavior while Kate was speaking with him that he would have sent Rocky on the next flight home with Dane.  Cool!

Loved what he had to say about Rocky...I haven't even seen why it is Rocky dislikes Kate so much. At first she was being a bit hard on her (justifiably so) because the girl didn't have a clue what she was doing as a Stew, but since they've pretty much just stuck her in laundry & bring her out for an occasional mermaid outing, things have seen pretty mellow on both sides (from what we've seen). Compared to what Amy went through last season, Kate's treatment of Rocky is NOTHING, and if Amy was able to get past it, Rocky needs to suck it up. Of course I think Rocky confuses "sucking it up", with "looking up", but I guess Eddie would be the best judge of that.

• Love 12

I kind of have to wonder if they ever even really hooked up, or it's just a ruse for the show. We saw them enter the same room together, but nothing more than that. And it's pretty easy to make sex sounds or go "Yeah we hooked up!" Could have been a ruse by Eddie to get revenge on his girlfriend.

• Love 3

I get that Captain Lee thought the guests admirable for their cooperative behavior, but I've had it with the douchebag male primaries flashing their new money and brainless wives and girlfriends around.  Maybe this is what you get from people who pay to have their vacation be part of a reality TV show.

• Love 3

I didn't mind the guest's wife (or girlfriend). She was quite nice when she interacted with the crew. I was pleasantly surprised when she politely asked for a romantic massage date - she wasn't demanding at all.

I did laugh when Connie grabbed the hair extensions the guest left behind and pretended they were pubic hair. It was totally unexpected and I couldn't stop laughing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

There's a bonus clip on the Bravo website where Captain Lee did have a conversation with Leon on camera.

I saw it. Not impressed. The captain soft balled him. It seems he took more offense to Leon making suggestions than to the way the slack ass spoke to Kate. Why the hell didn't he tell Leon to "stick to beef cheeks" to his face.

As far as Kate nipping at his heels with digs what about his imperious attitude toward her from the beginning, he cuts her off and wont let her complete a sentence. She speaks to him in a civil tone and his response is smug and cutting. What about his putting them and the boat on the spot with food prep, ignoring or belittling guests requests which Kate has to then deal with. Twice the captain has heard him go after Kate and Kate has tried to be civil. He needed to step in at this point and make it clear to both of them period.

Sorry Captain, too little to late.

• Love 9

Isn't Leon's food slipping in quality, though?  The tasting menu seemed to be adequate but nothing like what they were looking for.  The Boost, obviously.   Apparently the scallops weren't just not to their taste but they weren't good going by their reactions.  Oh, and those nasty nasty sliders which he made with biscuits from a can.  Those biscuits always taste the same no matter what type you get and they are instantly identifiable as canned.  Plus he used thick hunks of eye of round.  Eye of round is a tough cut of meat.  I'm currently making some roast beef with mine, because I want roast beef and it's cheap.  I also dry brine it for at least 24 hours to tenderize it.  All I could think of was them chewing on those chunks of eye of round on canned biscuits, and there didn't even look to be any condiments on those things to make them special.  And brownie mix, really?  Brownies are the easiest things to mix up and bake.

Regarding Dane, it's really sad seeing someone so young be an alcoholic. It's sad regardless but this kid is what, mid-20s at most?  What's scary is he just thinks he's social drinking and thus he can't be alcoholic.

I don't think the other three women missed Rocky because I think Rocky is exhausting to be around and they needed a break.

I did see that Rocky was rubbing her booby when texting Eddie, similar to how Dane was rubbing his ducky when on the phone to his girlfriend.

• Love 3

The Captain's blog this week is good.  He's really not happy with Leon.  He also says had he seen Rocky cheering on Leon's bad behavior while Kate was speaking with him that he would have sent Rocky on the next flight home with Dane.  Cool!

http://www.bravotv.com/below-deck/season-3/blogs/captain-lee-rosbach/captain-lee-rosbach-dane-embarrassed-himself-and-the

I'm deaf and they don't caption the clips.  What was said here?  You don't specifically have to answer, I'm asking everyone.

I seriously wonder if it is a case that Leon just doesn't know HOW to order provisions for private charter yachts.  He said he worked on the QE2 in the past - more than likely, because that is a larger cruise ship (even though not a mega-ship like Royal Caribbean, etc., but a larger cruise ship than a private yacht), there are provisions officers who handle that type of thing, based on the pre-set and pre-determined menus for the various restaurants on board, or based on the menu items created by the HEAD chef.  There is no way in hell that Leon was anything more than an assistant or sous chef on that ship, if what we are seeing is an example of his expertise.  I would imagine that at that job, he probably was just slicing and dicing veggies, etc., doing food prep or early firing of the meats.  Or, if he was responsible for some dishes, the dishes were straight off the menu, and all he had to do was go to the cooler/refrigerator, and take out the ingredients that have already been stocked for that cruise.

I don't see how ordering for a yacht is all that different than a restaurant.  You order the food that fits the menu.  Sure, it's the people having the preference but since he had his own high end restaurant he should be able to make these menus easily and order the food for them, and have some staples around like ground beef and some small bread rolls in the freezer, either to thaw or bake to brown and crisp up like my grocery store sells in the bakery.  That's just common sense.  I do this kind of menu planning when I have out of town guests.  I plan regular meals, have extra stuff, and amend my plans if our needs or wants change.

• Love 2

Ahmmm..... I don't understand why they are not serving fresh seafood with local produce. Why would you want to travel to the Caribbean just to eat frozen food. I could understand if you wanted say a steak like the last couple, but frozen fish and fillets on a Caribbean charter cruise with meals prepared by a profesional chef? I just don't understand that concept. I would think that leon would go to a local market and prepare a menu for the guests with the best ingredients he could find. Hell, we all have frozen hamburger in the freezer, but leon is supposed to be chef??

It seems normal to that the guests want some late night snacks with their drinks. Maybe they need a cook for late night meals?

Also the protein sake? Really? The guests really did not look all that ripped, but leon should have been able to whip them up a high protiend breakfast easy.

• Love 6

I think Eddie will regret hooking up with Rocky, she seems like the type that might boil your bunny.

I bet if he'd acted all cuddly and over-eager with Rocky like Emile did his fling with her would have been a one-and-done with no complications—she'd have lost interest and fixated on the next shiny thing. But backing off will just make her desperate to cling.

So these nuevo riche guests want to eat healthy but are not satisfied with dinner so they ask for a (dang) chicken quesadilla...cheese, carbs?  If the primary did not like seafood why wouldn't it be noted on the info sheet they fill out? Leon would have gladly prepared beef cheeks for him.  Seems like production strikes again!

I don't know, the primary seemed fine with his lobster. Maybe he just hates shrimp and some of the scallops were off? I've gotten food poisoning from scallops at my favorite romantic restaurant (at a Valentine's day dinner, no less), so it can happen to the best of chefs.

• Love 2

Kate has unpleasant moments but for what she's being served by Leon with Rocky cheering in the background...she must be real stealth, because I'm not seeing what she's done, even allowing for heavy editing (not sure I'd buy editing, either, because it'd be easier for them to just continue the Kate is an Asshole thread from last year).  I've never worked in a restaurant or on a yacht so I may be off base here, but it seems like Leon may not understand her role.  He acts like he thinks she just carries food to tables and shouldn't have an opinion, though her role seems to be more than that.

Rocky/Eddie...whatever.  I prefer her in this storyline than the Rocky vs. Kate (because Rocky doesn't understand what a job is) one that seems to have faded away.

• Love 2

According to his bio, Leon worked on the QE2 when he was 18 so I can't imagine he held a position of any real responsibility. The way he talks to Kate and even Amy is ridiculous his tone is slightly nicer but still condescending when he talks to Rocky.

Ben might have been too precious about his food but at least he seemed to care about doing a good job. The fact that Leon has no problem saying he isn't and won't in the be doing his best on camera speaks volumes about him.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6

Ahmmm..... I don't understand why they are not serving fresh seafood with local produce. Why would you want to travel to the Caribbean just to eat frozen food. I could understand if you wanted say a steak like the last couple, but frozen fish and fillets on a Caribbean charter cruise with meals prepared by a profesional chef? I just don't understand that concept. I would think that leon would go to a local market and prepare a menu for the guests with the best ingredients he could find. Hell, we all have frozen hamburger in the freezer, but leon is supposed to be chef?? 

Bingo! Last week when he got the shipment for the tasting menu, it was all frozen solid, square blocks of ice. Wth? For that kind of money, I expect fresh seafood and produce. Where they are, tropical fruits are abundant as are nuts. Awesome ingredients for those pesky protein shakes.

A couple weeks ago, Connie caught fresh lobster and IIRC, Leon chose to use frozen. What was the story there? Too lazy to break down a fresh lobster or didn't know how? I only had to watch Bobby Flay do it once on TV and I could manage. So suck it, Leon. I'm a woman and smarter than you.

• Love 3

Didn't hey check Leon's references before hiring him for such a crucial job and on TV no less? Of they did I don't get the constant yammering on about him lacking charter experience, that's not a surprise and y'all hired him so stfu. Make better choices lol.

Rocky seems like a girl who doesn't really get along with women. As if she's snubbed, she or her man friend of the week chalk it up to "they're just being catty and jeluz."

Eddies gotten a lot pudgier in his face and body and his personality has gone hill too. He's kinda a douchbag to his underlings. And for all his comments this season and the last one about professionalism and wanting to grow in this as a career fucking his insubordinate is completely antithetical.

• Love 3

A couple weeks ago, Connie caught fresh lobster and IIRC, Leon chose to use frozen. What was the story there? Too lazy to break down a fresh lobster or didn't know how?

He used the fresh lobster, it was the conch he couldn't get out of the shell. Not much of an excuse because if you are a charter chef in the Caribbean it's a basic skill and he could have also asked Connie who most likely has experience because working on fishing charters was her previous job.

• Love 3

I'm deaf and they don't caption the clips.  What was said here?

In a nutshell, Captain Lee called Leon up to talk about his behavior towards Kate. Leon deflected the conversation in telling Lee how to handle the situation, which Lee did not appreciate. Unfortunately instead of telling Leon to fall in line and do his job, he fell for Leon's deflection and got insulted at being told how to do his job. At the end he said "I hope if Leon wants my job, he'll do better at my job than he does at his job." It sounds like Lee knows Leon's a pain in the ass, but hasn't seemed to confront him very directly or sternly yet. He certainly gives him an earful in his blogs, but I guess we just have to watch what happens (™ Bravo). I hope in a future episode he really just lets Leon have it and fires him on the spot.

I find it laughable at this point that Eddie really aspires to be a captain someday. How inappropriate would it be if Captain Lee was shown having a fling with one of his employees? I mean, I can get it if it's like 2 deckhands hooking up or something, but if Eddie aspires to be a captain one day he really should not be engaging in that type of behavior. 

• Love 3

I kind of have to wonder if they ever even really hooked up, or it's just a ruse for the show. We saw them enter the same room together, but nothing more than that. And it's pretty easy to make sex sounds or go "Yeah we hooked up!" Could have been a ruse by Eddie to get revenge on his girlfriend.

exactly.  granted eddie is a guy nd would put anything in a hole, regardless of how dirty and psycho the hole might be.

i think as this develops this is nothing more than a massage session between the two.....with creative editing.  by massage, that could also be a number of things, if you know what i mean.......might be a case of a clinton definition of sex...

• Love 1

"chef" (using the word loosely) seems to be on the defensive a bit n twitter.  i don't know how much editing there needs to be to make him look like he is .

and he said $1300/week is a tough budget for 18 people.  ......ok..........over 5k a month for food, a little under 300 dollars per person.  is that a tough food budget for anyone here?

Bingo! Last week when he got the shipment for the tasting menu, it was all frozen solid, square blocks of ice. Wth? For that kind of money, I expect fresh seafood and produce. Where they are, tropical fruits are abundant as are nuts. Awesome ingredients for those pesky protein shakes.

A couple weeks ago, Connie caught fresh lobster and IIRC, Leon chose to use frozen. What was the story there? Too lazy to break down a fresh lobster or didn't know how? I only had to watch Bobby Flay do it once on TV and I could manage. So suck it, Leon. I'm a woman and smarter than you.

And, yet, when speaking to Amy, Leon commented about how bad the produce is.  I was like "Are you kidding me??"  Maybe it's not the typical produce he may be used to in Australia, but there must be local fruits and veggies he can work with.

• Love 1

At least in previous seasons when we would see Ben go shopping for charters he seemed to go to a lot of local farmer's markets and pick out super awesome and fresh ingredients. In fact I remember for one charter that had a bunch of vegans he and Adrienne actually went to a local hydroponic farm to get the nicest organic produce he could find. I don't understand why Leon isn't doing that, because I am sure that the ports they dock in the Bahamas have amazing little street/farmer's markets to shop at. Ordering frozen food from FL or wherever just doesn't make sense because he's a professional chef (or anyway, claiming to be) on a luxury (mega?)yacht!! If I was paying that kind of money for a charter I would be furious to find out I was being served frozen seafood...while we're on a boat. In. The. Ocean!  What a lazyass douchebag twatwaffle. Also, the Boost shakes were unforgivable IMO. I'm amazed Mr. Tapout wasn't like "WTF is that shit?" when Leon pulled it out of the fridge. For as much of a prima donna as Ben was about cooking (and time management) at least he used quality product and wouldn't serve dishes that weren't perfect. I'd eat his food any day!

Edited by fliptopbox
  • Love 8

Remember, Eddie isn't Rocky's or Amy's boss; although he's technically higher in the org chart they report to Kate, not him. While sleeping with a fellow crew member is questionable judgment, it's not a violation of business ethics the way that sex with a direct report like Connie (or Emile) would be.

I would imagine most of that $1300/week food budget is earmarked for guests rather than crew, as we've mainly seen the latter eating pizza with a brief detour into Salmonellaville. I would also think that fresh seafood and local fruits like mangoes, bananas, breadfruit, and coconuts would be dirt cheap in the Caymans.

• Love 4

A lot of times Bravo will show what's called a sneak peak where they show the first segment of the next show, usually 12 minutes or up until the first commercial break. You probably caught that sometime during the week on your DVR and didn't even realize it, I've done that. This week's show was all new.

I've done that too.

I actually stopped watching the sneak peeks (for this show & the other Bravo shows I watch) because I enjoy the shows much more if I just see them in their entirety without having seen any parts of them before.  My DVR automatically records the shows and the sneak peeks, but I delete the sneak peeks as soon as I see them on my "recorded" list. 

The shows are more fun to watch that way, and I don't get confused anymore!

• Love 7

It seems normal to that the guests want some late night snacks with their drinks. Maybe they need a cook for late night meals?

Also the protein sake? Really? The guests really did not look all that ripped, but leon should have been able to whip them up a high protiend breakfast easy.

I agree completely.  This yacht company is not really that low end judging by the tips the crew earns for each charter.  One would think the chef of the vessel would travel into town in order to hand pick meat, poultry and seafood items.  This Leon sounds like he is/was in over his head for working as a high-end yacht chef. Protein shakes are really easy to make.  So many protein mixes out there (Whey Protein, Optimum, BSN, Muscle Milk, etc.) that he could have easily acquired from a store in town.  He could add fresh chopped fruit to these shakes or something.  

Edited by Mars7

I bet if he'd acted all cuddly and over-eager with Rocky like Emile did his fling with her would have been a one-and-done with no complications—she'd have lost interest and fixated on the next shiny thing. But backing off will just make her desperate to cling.

I don't know, the primary seemed fine with his lobster. Maybe he just hates shrimp and some of the scallops were off? I've gotten food poisoning from scallops at my favorite romantic restaurant (at a Valentine's day dinner, no less), so it can happen to the best of chefs.

I've gotten sick from scallops too and have heard it a lot so never order them. Some people who eat healthy don't eat bottom feeders like shrimp and lobster because they filter all the nasty stuff so are considered unclean protein. I don't think this was the issue with this charter group though.

• Love 2

I am not suggesting Leon isn't shit at sourcing but they are based in a much smaller place this season and often restaurants and yachts do source out of Florida/Mexico/Central America for more variety. The lack of fresh seafood illustrates he sucks at his job as does the fact he can't make it work with the ingredients he can get locally.

I have a few friends who own restaurants in the Bahamas and Vieques targeted at tourists and getting the ingredients the clientele wants can be challenging but they all make it work. However, they are serving people coming in to their restaurant so they can just say "it's not available" but still manage to create great meals. The guests on a yacht have higher expectations but they are also given a list of their likes and dislikes! I know they are a person down but Connies previous job was fishing.and diving. Send her out on the tender to catch food even if the guests want to sunbathe or jet ski.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1

They have even had Connie catch food (I think it was conch that she caught) with one of the charters but Leon prepared frozen stuff the the guest anyway. Does anyone remember his excuse for that one? I want to say he said he couldn't prepare it in time or something, whatever it was is bs.

Edited by leighroda

They have even had Connie catch food (I think it was conch that she caught) with one of the charters but Leon prepared frozen stuff the the guest anyway. Does anyone remember his excuse for that one? I want to say he said he couldn't prepare it in time or something, whatever it was is bs.

I realize that; however, they only send her out with the guests. I just was suggesting they could send her out when the guests don't even care.

• Love 1

Do all the guests decide to cruise one day, sign the contract, fill out the preference sheets and then sail the very next day? No. I'd imagine weeks. So why can't LeMoron be more prepared? Get the sheets earlier? I think Lee should be micromanaging this clown at this point and ask for full menu details and proof that all the ingrediences are aboard before the guests even arrive. That'll show him who's boss. Purchase the items fresh at port. They're still considered fresh for the 2 days the guests are aboard.

Of course Lee shouldn't really have to do this but it would make for some excellent tv.

• Love 6

They probably didn't hookup.

Previews for the season have Eddie asking Rocky why she told people that they hooked up and he looked upset.

• Love 2

It's possible that Leon is a clueless yacht chef, but I suspect he's acting out because he's angry at how things have turned out for him on the show. Could be that the Boost, the repetitive meals, and the outrageous way he talks to Kate are just part of a big ol' FU to all of them. Maybe he wants them to pay for a plane ticket home. Maybe he doesn't get his Bravo paycheck if he quits and walks away. While it's true he's a jerk, I see the heavy hand of scripting all over this. As I posted earlier, why is Lee hanging back instead of replacing Leon?

I actually think this show is luxury yachting in a parallel reality TV universe. The guests are all in on it - I even question the tip coming from the guests. It's not the true luxury yachting experience - it's a bunch of TV characters going through the motions for the cameras. It's starting to bug me how transparent it all is.

The number of cannon fodder is a clue. On this season alone we've had three seemingly inexperienced crew get recruited to be on the show, get manipulated by scripting (with production pushing personality buttons), and then dramatically pushed off the yacht. (I'm assuming Leon will be the third to go.) How is that a normal luxury yachting experience?

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 1

and then dramatically pushed off the yacht. (I'm assuming Leon will be the third to go.

It is interesting to read how many forum participants enjoy seeing a character sent packing.  The "You're Fired" thing has really caught on.

• Love 2

They probably didn't hookup.

Previews for the season have Eddie asking Rocky why she told people that they hooked up and he looked upset.

It's possible but I don't think this necessarily indicates they didn't. It was brought up on the forum before, because we were led to believe it just happened out of nowhere and that Rocky was making this up for attention or something, but if they really did hook up and Eddie didn't want anyone to know, that's different.

• Love 2

But he's so serious and professional! It makes his lecturing and bitching at the others (even though its probably deserved) look obnoxious.

I believe Connie too, since she's been for the most part a good employee and one who doesn't make waves, when she said Eddie has been unavailable a lot and cranky dealing with people.

• Love 3

He used the fresh lobster, it was the conch he couldn't get out of the shell. Not much of an excuse because if you are a charter chef in the Caribbean it's a basic skill and he could have also asked Connie who most likely has experience because working on fishing charters was her previous job.

But asking Connie would force him to acknowledge that he doesn't know everything, which seems to be an impossible thing for him to admit.  (Leon strikes me as the kind of guy who if you said to him, "Leon, the primary would like you to come to the table and show the guests how to do cold fusion," he'd say he knew how to do it, but the quality of the electrodes available down there was too poor, so he wouldn't try.  In other words, a know-it-all asshole.)  Plus, Connie is a woman, so putting himself in the position of asking her to show her expertise as greater than his will not happen in our lifetime.  Too bad he's a father of girls.

• Love 6

I had food poisoning from scallops too!  I will still eat them. lol.  All that info is usually on the info sheet for the chef, you know if he reads it!

The conch thing wasn't that Leon didn't know how to cook it (the ceviche with frozen conch turned out delicious, if suspiciously abundant for the one animal that was caught), it's that he couldn't break it out of its apparently indestructible shell. I'd chalk that one up to ignorance rather than laziness or spite, they did show him hammering away at the thing on camera with an expression like the gorilla in those Samsonite commercials.

I still eat scallops too, but I live inland so mostly it's "scallops" that are probably some sort of processed whitefish.

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Love 3

I'm sure this has been mentioned somewhere in the comments, but didn't see in this thread.  From what we've been shown, I think the start of Leon's war on Kate stemmed from his overhearing her dissing his weak high-end yacht experience, with a clear disdain for his QEII chef-dom.  Someone upthread mentioned that he may have just been one in a line of prep chefs for that ship but he fancies himself quite the culinary artiste and this was an offense that set his ego on fire.  

He's an incredibly unappealing character (also not fun to look at, imo) and obviously has a problem with empowered women, which is why silly Rocky is the only female on staff he plays well with.  Just an allover yuck, it would be sweet satisfaction to see Captain Lee finally step up, boot him and get colorful Ben back on board.

I appreciate Kate's taking her role seriously, I'd love to work with someone like her.  I'm impressed with how she's handled the arrogant bastard.  Her blog hinted that she is fearful Leon's aggressive tone could turn to sabotage.  She's strong, but he definitely has an intimidating manner.  I too was disappointed that Amy felt stuck in the middle until she herself experienced his passive aggressive don't give a fuck what you think attitude.

It was cool to see Rocky and Connie surfing like badass surfers.

I enjoy this show just a bit too much.

• Love 9

They cut to the Captain there observing a few times while Leon was being dicky.  I wonder if he was really there or if it was just the editing monkeys.  Captain Lee has said a few things during the preference meetings that have made me think he's over Leon's antics.  Also, how hard is it to throw together protein shakes?  Especially when the Captain specifically told you to make sure to be prepared for it.  They have internet access, google it if you don't know what you are doing.  Pulling out some premade shakes was unacceptable for what is basically a private chef.   

I wish Rocky had at least one bathing suit that didn't go up her ass.  I'm so sick of seeing it.  Connie's suit showed a little cheek too, but it wasn't assless like all of Rocky's seem to be.   

Dane yelling at the bartender for drinks and justifying it by he was going to leave a tip was gross.  You'd think that someone in the service industry wouldn't act like that.  He's messy.  I'm glad he's gone.

I cannot handle the vanity and self-centeredness of making a group of people sit and wait for 40 minutes while you do you hair and makeup and oil up.  Especially when it is to go out on a boat where your hair and makeup are probably going to get messed up anyway.  That sort of thing makes me totally aggro.  

I don't understand those bathing suits. I think that are deliberately cut like that no? But I don't get it cause it only gives the effect that a pair of huge bikini briefs have ridden far up her ass and is sporting a very uncomfortable wedgie. I'll admit the whole "look at me" angle some women decide to go on is so pathetic to me. I've got my vain ways but I'm more of a "let my style and fiercely cordinated sharp outfits and looks" blow you away a la pretty women AFTER she's done shopping on Rodeo drive. Of course the hooker look made them drool but nothing compares to the sexy siren she was perpetrating when she was walking down the street in that white fitted dress, gloves and sunglasses.

But anywhoo, if that's the angle a woman wants to take whatever I just wish it wasn't in such a sloppy manner and unappalling manner. I get that men receive it in the way she's hoping for but they will receive it the same way if she choses a better fitting cut, version of a sexy thong bikini. I mean if she's gonna go for the thong bikini the find a cuter one I guess is what I'm basically saying. Wanna throw your body around cause that's ya thing whatever but I hate it when women lead with the bare skin angle and don't really factor in what actually compliments their bodies. When women do that, it disgusts me because its glaringly obvious what they're trying to sell (for free, lol). I showing some skin is they way you wanna go at least incorporate a bit of style and thought into the end result cause at least it shows that you aren't just about marketing yourself as a piece of meat and are well aware of how you're packaging your merchandise.

• Love 3

I don't know about the guests.  Why the fuck would anyone feel the need to say, "we're new money."  And I didn't see the hot in the millionnaire. I guess beef jerky is more attractive when it's new money? His girlfriend looked like a slightly better looking version of Teresa Giudice.   The guy had no personality and the girlfriend, although I guess sweet, seemed like she was more in love with herself than her boyfriend.  

As far as Eddie goes, if he has a romp with Rocky, good for him.  I mean, she's annoying but I could see him enjoying ehr sepcial brand of crazy.  And hell, he's been on charters and had opportunities.  If his girlfriend got hers, why not?

• Love 2

Why the fuck would anyone feel the need to say, "we're new money."

To me, he was pretty clearly just trying to get across that "We're not rich from birth, we're not trust fund babies. We know what it's like to work hard for what you have. And so you can believe me when I say we truly appreciate how hard you guys (Captain & Crew) worked to make this awesome for us, and how hard you work for all your charter guests (except maybe Leon.)" I thought it was genuine, and pretty damn sweet actually. It probably meant at least as much as the $15 Large. Lee sure seemed to think so.

• Love 16

To me, he was pretty clearly just trying to get across that "We're not rich from birth, we're not trust fund babies. We know what it's like to work hard for what you have. And so you can believe me when I say we truly appreciate how hard you guys (Captain & Crew) worked to make this awesome for us, and how hard you work for all your charter guests (except maybe Leon.)" I thought it was genuine, and pretty damn sweet actually. It probably meant at least as much as the $15 Large. Lee sure seemed to think so.

Ah, good point.  Makes sense to me.  

• Love 3

I realize that; however, they only send her out with the guests. I just was suggesting they could send her out when the guests don't even care.

While I'm sure Connie is capable of going out on her own, she would still need a second deckhand to be on the boat while she's diving. You just don't leave a tender unattended in the middle of the ocean. Even if they aren't short-handed, that's just too many people off the yacht while the guests are onboard. Plus she's by far the most useful deckhand. Having her gone probably means nothing gets done.

But he's so serious and professional! It makes his lecturing and bitching at the others (even though its probably deserved) look obnoxious.

I believe Connie too, since she's been for the most part a good employee and one who doesn't make waves, when she said Eddie has been unavailable a lot and cranky dealing with people.

Yeah, I don't know how he'll ever become a captain if every tiny bit of power inflated his ego even more. He's always been an enigma, calling the deckhands out for saying shitty things and then being just as misogynistic himself. He's definitely not the white horse he seems to think he is.

And the higher rank seems to have backfired. Off season he's a deckhand just like the rest of them and looks to be on a power trip just because Cap Lee likes him. I think Connie's right on the money when she says he's MIA too much for a DH.

Edited by rho
  • Love 2

Are you kidding! Leon going shopping for fresh quality ingredients? It would cut into his nap time and might give the impression to everyone that he cared about what came out of the galley. As for protein shakes he probably thought preparing them is beneath him. I bet he has 100 pounds of frozen beef cheeks stowed away. It's probably the first thing he orders, He does it once and then he doesn't have to be bothered the rest of the trip planning meals.

Amy got it out of him. He doesn't care. The primary is spending $35,000 dollars for a few days on board a luxury yacht and he doesn't care what they desire or are fed.

He is a misogynistic SLACK ASS.

• Love 11