Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: First Time Again

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

I didn't get that "putting her in her place" vibe at all.  There's a big difference between letting her know he sees something isn't right about her and putting her down.  I didn't mind it at all.  As another poster said, "game recognizes game".  He seems good with it.  

I saw nothing remotely like putting anyone in their place either.  Morgan is an observer of people.  He SAW her, which is interesting to me and I think was really interesting to Carol too.  Because all the way along, the point has been that people mostly don't see her and that's how she's been able to do a lot of what she does.  Watching some of the marathon after their arrival at the ASZ yesterday, I caught Carol remarking to Rick at one point "I get to be invisible again" as she disappeared into her Holly Homemaker persona.  It was mostly very matter of fact, but there was also a hint of resignation in it.  So it very probably gets her attention that this man that she knows has a history with Rick but doesn't know her at all actually SAW her.

I'd like to give at least Michonne the benefit of the doubt and assume that she sized up Carter's face wound and the need to quiet him accurately and that the look on her face meant, "Shit ... This is not going to play well in Alexandria."

I give up trying to quote two people in a single post, but this is how I read Michonne's reaction too.  Morgan's I was less sure of.  Dude, when someone's had part of their face bitten off there aren't really any good options.

Edited by nodorothyparker
  • Love 13

I don't think that Rick's plan was ideal and was doomed to fail, but I don't understand the comments about bombing or using fire on the walkers in the quarry. I know this is tv, but how would that be remotely feasible? Where would they get the explosives? They have weapons,but I did not see a stockpile of explosives somewhere in Alexandria that they could use. They would have to set the explosives carefully so that they could kill all the walkers at once because they could open up the quarry with the explosion causing walkers to escape. As far as I could tell none Alexandrians are engineers or physicists or explosive experts to know where to set the explosives. 

Well, I'm very fond of these characters and I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt that there must have been multiple insurmountable problems with destroying the whole herd at once. . .because it seems too fucking obvious for "Derrr, we never thought of that."

Woe be to any little humanoid enclaves scrambling to stay alive in the drop zone, however.  Knock, knock, who's there?

• Love 2

Oh what an awesome palette cleanser to get the FTWD shit taste out of my mouth!

Love this epi and didn't mind the black and white.  Sure there are other ways they could have done it but I think it worked out fine.

When I first saw the Zombie Rave @ the Quarry I immediately thought about fire, but then I remembered the flaming wicks walking toward the house in "The Grove".  Imagine thousands of Zombies on fire, who would probably head straight towards Alexandria with the sounds coming from all those humans...Yeah, they'd burn down the forest and probably the community.  It's not like they can call the fire department now, and changes are tons of them would have gotten out and been shambling all ablaze.  

I love that Morgan was kept semi-prisoner just because the last time was saw him he was bat shit crazy and I think it goes well with how bat shit crazy Rick is now.  He wouldn't immediately just trust him because of their shared past.

Love the Michonne/Morgan seems which further proves that Michonne could have a scene with a stump and have mad crazy chemistry with the stump.

I understood Ron wanting to know where his Father was being dumped.  If you haven't lost your Father you wouldn't understand.  Loved Jessie shut down of Rick and didn't see her "Lori" at all.  First of all she wasn't persuading Rick to do something to Pete, Rick was persuading her to let him do something about Pete.  Also, Rick didn't say "I'll just kill him" he said "We'll separate him from your family and if he doesn't cooperate there will be consequences" or something like that.

I totally think it is the teenage girl blowing the horn.

• Love 2

If I didn't already adore Morgan, I would have instantly fallen in love with him when he let Miss Carol know that shes not as slick as she thinks she is. Watching Morgan putting her in her place was a thing of

I had a totally different read on that scene. To me he was far from 'putting her in her place'. I got the exact opposite impression. I thought Morgan was letting Carol know he saw her leadership qualities should there come a time when she might be need to step as the leader and that she is capable of being that leader.

• Love 6

Destroying all the walkers in the quarry, while good in theory, is a serious issue of logistics. I doubt anyone in that town has the slightest idea how to 'make' a flamethrower, plastic explosives or TNT isn't just something you find laying around, and as for gasoline...well, they MAY be able to gather enough to make molatov cocktails which some of this bunch might know how to do, but the sheer amount needed to do serious damage to that many walkers would ensure no one in the vicinity would be able to drive anything again.

• Love 8

I am Team Rick on this one. The Walkers were clearly started to get out, and the second one of those things came lose from too many Walkers, the whole town was screwed. And we have established that the Alexandrians are about as good at fighting as they are at dealing with domestic violence incidents. Not very good. They might as well paint DINNER right on the towns doors. 

• Love 6

Here's the problem with Rick's plan. He correctly surmises that the quarry has been largely responsible for the success of the ASZ because it lures walkers into a trap before they get to the settlement. The only real issue is that the trucks blocking the exits of the quarry are in danger of failing. So rather than maintaining the status quo until a more permanent solution can be found, Rick decides to turn them loose into the countryside. It just seems like the worst solution. At a bare minimum this plan puts Glen and the other people who go on runs in more danger because now they have to dodge 10,000 newly released walkers while picking up Spam and espresso machines. It's hard to believe they couldn't just get a few more trucks to shore things up for a while. That would buy them time to find some dynamite and block the exits with rubble or knock them down completely. For a guy who says he doesn't take risks anymore Rick sure did put a lot of people in harm's way.

Edited by RustbeltWriter
  • Love 15

I'm in a full blown panic at the number of new black male characters.  That never bodes well in the TWD universe, and I finally got Morgan back.  I request that FPP be at the top of the list to go, and Sasha's hubbie at the bottom. 

A lot of Morgan, but not too much for me.  It made me wonder if Daryl was a little jealous of Rick's new bestie, but then I remembered that Daryl had already moved on with Aaron.

How in the world did Ron keep up (on foot) with Morgan and Rick in the car?

Loved Rick flat out rejecting FPP's offer of help. 

I was a little nervous at the death glare Rick gave Morgan for helping the weaklings.

I loved Morgan holding Judith - except she's not the sweet little baby from last season.  He didn't look nearly as comfortable with the baby as Tyreese was.

Morgan stills wears his wedding band, but he's doing a little flirting with the ladies.

I loved Sasha's sweet smile when Abe asked if she was going on a suicide mission, and WTF with Sasha driving with her emergency blinkers on.

I'm not spoiled, but I've got a real bad feeling Glenn's not going to make it through this mission.  The possibility of Maggie being pregnant makes that feeling stronger.

Enough with Betty Crocker.  I want Carol back in her low rise khakis with tank top, and that cool knife with the finger holes.

Not Glenn. I know they say no one is safe, although I tend to think Rick and Carl are. But really, not Glenn.  I think it's  far more likely we will say good bye to Abraham, Eugene or possibly Tara,  especially now that we know how much she means to Maggie and Glenn.  Plus, of course the  pre-existing Azzhats are in grave danger. 

I like Maggie too, but I would rather see her go than Glenn.

Just not Glenn.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 2

I'm hoping someone can explain this to me, because it's driving me insane... why does Eugene list 13 as the number of their group, and then corrects himself to 12, when there are actually 14?  Rick, Darryl, Glenn, Maggie, Carl, Michonne, Carol, Sarge, Sasha, Eugene, Rosita, Tara, Judith, and Father Gabriel.

I'm hoping someone can explain this to me, because it's driving me insane... why does Eugene list 13 as the number of their group, and then corrects himself to 12, when there are actually 14?  Rick, Darryl, Glenn, Maggie, Carl, Michonne, Carol, Sarge, Sasha, Eugene, Rosita, Tara, Judith, and Father Gabriel.

Yes, the numbers don't add up but for his reducing the numbers, that's accounting for the death of Noah.

• Love 1

I'm hoping someone can explain this to me, because it's driving me insane... why does Eugene list 13 as the number of their group, and then corrects himself to 12, when there are actually 14? Rick, Darryl, Glenn, Maggie, Carl, Michonne, Carol, Sarge, Sasha, Eugene, Rosita, Tara, Judith, and Father Gabriel.

I don't think Judith counts, because she's a baby. And either Carl doesn't count because he's a kid—or Gabriel doesn't count because he's a Judas.

Either way, the thirteenth person was Noah.

• Love 9

Maybe we're supposed to hand wave, but the shot of the quarry had many, many more walkers than ended up on the road.  It would take way longer for all of them to get in line and shamble up the ramp and it would take hours for them all to pass the check points.  No way could they herd that many without the stragglers getting distracted.

• Love 1

Destroying all the walkers in the quarry, while good in theory, is a serious issue of logistics. I doubt anyone in that town has the slightest idea how to 'make' a flamethrower, plastic explosives or TNT isn't just something you find laying around, and as for gasoline...well, they MAY be able to gather enough to make molatov cocktails which some of this bunch might know how to do, but the sheer amount needed to do serious damage to that many walkers would ensure no one in the vicinity would be able to drive anything again.

I'm thinking that with all the well groomed lawns there is probably plenty of fertilizer around. Not something I like to think about but how tricky are fertilizer bombs to make?

Re: Sasha having the flashers on the car, while leading the zombies. 

I think it was intentional, as walkers are attracted to sights and sounds (which usually means finding living things to devour).  So, the flashers blinking added just that much more to the lure of keeping the walkers' attention on following the car.

Ah ha. Great deduction. When the apocalypse hits you  have my vote as Rictator. 

• Love 1

Sadly, he's not the first.

Kyle Gallner/S4 <-- Who was he? He wasn't boyfriend who got squished at the store when Bob went back for booze? I like Kyle I don't remember him.

Michael Raymond James/S2

Keisha Castle-Hughes/S5 <-- don't remember this either. Now I'm angrier that I didn't get more marathon in before the premier last night. 

I like Heath! I'm so glad it's back although I do think this plan is trouble in the long run. They need to kill em not steer them cuz any damn thing will turn them back around again. 

I loved this episode.  And I didn't have a problem with the black and white.  Loved that Morgan is fitting in and taking stock.  I, too, saw the whole Morgan/Carol scene as him taking note of which people are already up to snuff, and which people should be locked behind strong walls.  And Carol is up to snuff and ready to rock.  As someone else noted - game recognizes game.  I'm not ready to ship them yet, but I think they'll work well together, like Rick and Michonne.

It wasn't a bad plan, the herding of the herd.  Especially as they had to put it into action before they were ready.  Too bad about the horn.  I'm totally on board that it's the wolves blowing the horn.

And I'm also on board that Maggie is preggo.  Which makes me afraid for Glenn.  If Glenn dies, we riot!

I'm happy that Jessie spoke the truth to Rick - he can't have anything to do with her or the boys for a while.  Especially Ron.  And good on Rosita for teaching people to shoot.  Between that and her medical skills, she's definitely got a story arc going on.

I'm liking the little we saw of Heath.  Can't wait to see more of what he has.  And yeah for a glimpse of Francine!  I hope she survives - she's a strong woman.

• Love 4
I had a totally different read on that scene. To me he was far from 'putting her in her place'. I got the exact opposite impression. I thought Morgan was letting Carol know he saw her leadership qualities should there come a time when she might be need to step as the leader and that she is capable of being that leader.

Agree. I almost got an appreciaive vibe from him - like he gets it and he appreciates her game. 

ETA - I wanted to add that I also think it's possible that Morgan was trying to warn her; that her little game wasn't as covert as she thought. But not in an "I'm coming for you" way, more like an "I'm looking out for you" way. 

FPP doesn't count. He's a total Judas. He's lucky to still be alive. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 6

Old half face Carter was begging like Keith Sweat. The only thing that would have made it better is if Eugene said "HOLY S(%$& HE LEANED IN"

Glen gave Nicholas that look my mother would give me when she would dare me to say something. I would rather go walker stalking with Eugene than Father Pee Pants.

I love Michonne but we allll saw you eat that protein bar Missy! Even Rick was like WTH and her response "the sign said welcome" That moment comes second only to Daryl deadpan "we bought dinner" Laughed for a good 10 minutes

Agree. I almost got an appreciaive vibe from him - like he gets it and he appreciates her game. 

FPP doesn't count. He's a total Judas. He's lucky to still be alive. 

I thought it was because they lost Noah

• Love 1

I'm thinking that with all the well groomed lawns there is probably plenty of fertilizer around. Not something I like to think about but how tricky are fertilizer bombs to make?

Remember to leave yourself some extra time to get through security on your next vacation.

• Love 12

I think instead of building that curved wall, they should have built a round-about like you see in Europe. You get the Walkers walking in one of those and they'd never get out. (Kind of like me in London.)

haha! We have a little roundabout in one area we drive through, every so often, and dad says he doesn't know why they put it there. If you think London is bad, try driving around the Arc de Triomphe. ;) 

I understood Ron wanting to know where his Father was being dumped.  If you haven't lost your Father you wouldn't understand.  Loved Jessie shut down of Rick and didn't see her "Lori" at all.  First of all she wasn't persuading Rick to do something to Pete, Rick was persuading her to let him do something about Pete.  Also, Rick didn't say "I'll just kill him" he said "We'll separate him from your family and if he doesn't cooperate there will be consequences" or something like that.

I haven't lost my father, and I understood why he would want to know where his father was buried. I also understand why Rick couldn't be the one to try to tell Ron anything. I think he was wrong to dump the body in the woods - he should have been buried, for his son's sake. Jessie may have been freaking out at the time, but she still told him to go ahead. On the one hand, I understand her too: nobody else had done a thing about her abusive husband. I'm iffy on her, but I liked her standing up for her son, as I said before.

Morgan may have appreciated Carol, but I had visions of her tying him to a tree for walkers. 

• Love 5

I still can't tell the difference between Tara and Rosita unless they are standing right next to each other. Was Rosita in this episode?

Barely. She was with Tara when she woke up. And I think she was in the group when they were building the wall at the corner but there were a ton of people in that scene.

To me, they look nothing alike other than having dark hair. Rosita is pretty small, both in stature and features. Tara is bigger - not in the fat sense, but just solid. Also Rosita is Latina so... She's the one with the accent? And Tara is more jokey-joke and Rosita is only allowed scenes with Abrham and Eugene except for a brief moment last season with Michonne and Sasha.

• Love 2

Did anyone else think the walkers were being herded someplace a little more secure than 20 miles away? I thought maybe they were going to be dropped into the Potomic. Let them be swept out to sea?

FPP is Judas, but I actually think he was at least somewhat right about Rick and Co. being bad news.  If they hadn't shown up, the ASZhats would still be living comfortably for least a while longer, instead of being overrun right now by walkers.  Sure, walkers were escaping from the quarry but they seemed to be manageable to deal with before Rick's bright idea.  Reg and Carter would still be alive.  Yeah, Porchdick would still be alive, too, but in the grand scheme of things,  that wouldn't have been the worst thing happening in Alexandria.

So yeah, I think FPP was right.   

• Love 3

That's Carter whose face is being eaten off. Spencer is still alive.

Most of the references in the recap to "Spencer" should actually be "Carter."

This has been fixed.  My fault, sorry for that.

• Love 2

And good on Rosita for teaching people to shoot.  Between that and her medical skills, she's definitely got a story arc going on.

I'm liking the little we saw of Heath.  Can't wait to see more of what he has.  And yeah for a glimpse of Francine!  I hope she survives - she's a strong woman.

I never recognize her any more.  Every time it's "Who's that pretty woman?"  OH... Rosita.  Her look in ASZ is so much softer than it was out on the road.  She's showing herself to be hella useful these days.  

But speaking of looks.... confession time:  When we saw Heath in the beginning, in those B&W scenes... I thought he was a woman.  

Thanks for the explanation about where they're leading the walkers. It is good that they'll be farther away but they won't be contained - so can't they begin to walk back? I'm disappointed Rick didn't take advantage of the walkers being in the quarry and trapped - perhaps light them on fire?

FPP is Judas, but I actually think he was at least somewhat right about Rick and Co. being bad news.  If they hadn't shown up, the ASZhats would still be living comfortably for least a while longer, instead of being overrun right now by walkers.  Sure, walkers were escaping from the quarry but they seemed to be manageable to deal with before Rick's bright idea.  Reg and Carter would still be alive.  Yeah, Porchdick would still be alive, too, but in the grand scheme of things,  that wouldn't have been the worst thing happening in Alexandria.

I don't think so. The truck that was stopping them fell on its own. They would have been overrun and not even see it coming.

• Love 12

I never recognize her any more.  Every time it's "Who's that pretty woman?"  OH... Rosita.  Her look in ASZ is so much softer than it was out on the road.  She's showing herself to be hella useful these days.  

But speaking of looks.... confession time:  When we saw Heath in the beginning, in those B&W scenes... I thought he was a woman.  

Corey Hawkins is a nice looking man ... He did sort of remind me of a young-ish Alice Walker.

• Love 1

I liked the black and white but was kind of confused about the timeline, because if Rick only killed PorchDick the night Morgan showed up then how much time are they trying to imply has passed? We see Rick and Morgan going out to the woods in color to dump the body, so that in itself implied it wasn't very long, maybe a couple days. But then you see Rick, Carter, Morgan, and basically every able bodied person in ASZ working on building the wall and everything, which to me would seem to take a good chunk of time, like weeks or possibly months....and somehow in that timeframe almost none of the ASZers have learned how to defend themselves yet. I would think that regardless of a wall or not, those people needed some training on killing walkers and it should have started immediately....because even though the plan was only supposed to be a test run the ASZers should have been ready to defend themselves, because walkers can still pop up anywhere at anytime. Why potentially unleash more of them that have ever been dealt with by any of them (even CDB) with a bunch of n00bs that are just gonna freeze or take off? That felt like poor planning.

Me, too! 

And upon closer examination, the guy really is beautiful.  Maybe a big walker battle will knock off his glasses and break his barrette.  Post-apocalyptic hot librarian.

Edited by candall
  • Love 4

Also the horn at the end sounded more like it was coming from a semi truck or a tractor trailer....something larger than your average car. Knowing that the wolves have that trap at the cannery (or whatever it was) makes me think it was most likely them.We saw enough walkers with the "w" carved into their foreheads to know wolves are definitely in that area, even if we've only seen one or two of them. It would also make sense because if ASZ became overrun the wolves could swoop through and start looting for supplies, or whatever they're gonna do....since it's likely the wolves are aware most of the ASZers don't know how to handle walkers. At all.

I'd like to give at least Michonne the benefit of the doubt and assume that she sized up Carter's face wound and the need to quiet him accurately and that the look on her face meant, "Shit ... This is not going to play well in Alexandria."

I believe that she agreed with Rick's decision but was just sad that it had to come to that, particularly because Carter and Rick had just made peace and he was about to become an asset to the group, which makes his death a loss in the bigger picture - a fallen soldier.  I'm also giving Michonne the benefit of the doubt because Michonne doesn't suffer Rick quietly, exchanging furtive looks with others questioning his motives.  When she has a question about his motives she sits by his bed all night and interrogates him the minute he awakes.  She overrides him to his face.  She doesn't take the gun he offers her so that she can keep him in control.  She tells him, without words even, to control himself.  Like she said a couple of seasons ago - "I know you're okay because I'm okay too."  As long as Michonne is okay we have no reason to worry about Rick.

Edited by Timetoread
  • Love 8

It's better they deal with the part of the herd they know is there and is coming NOW, than if the barrier came down and the whole damn bunch hit the walls at once and no one in Alexandria knew it until they were surrounded and overwhelmed. Short term, it may be worse. Long term, it's probably going to be better, at least for those who survive.

• Love 6

Fertilizer bombs require diesel fuel. *waves to the NSA people*

• Love 12

Corey Hawkins is a nice looking man ... He did sort of remind me of a young-ish Alice Walker.

I couldn't figure out if I had seen him before in something or if it was just that  he looked like a way better looking Jordan Peele (from Key and Peele) when he dresses as woman. It was probably the glasses more than anything.

• Love 1
FPP is Judas, but I actually think he was at least somewhat right about Rick and Co. being bad news.  If they hadn't shown up, the ASZhats would still be living comfortably for least a while longer, instead of being overrun right now by walkers.  Sure, walkers were escaping from the quarry but they seemed to be manageable to deal with before Rick's bright idea.  Reg and Carter would still be alive.  Yeah, Porchdick would still be alive, too, but in the grand scheme of things,  that wouldn't have been the worst thing happening in Alexandria.

"For a little while longer" being the operative phrase. If Rick and co had never come, they wouldn't even KNOW about those walkers in the quarry. And the semi would have fallen regardless. Eventually that herd might have roamed right up to ASZ's walls, and no one would have been prepared. Also, the Unfair Wolves are out there - and the ASZhats would have been woefully unprepared to handle them. 

I kind of look at it like the situation with Hershel's farm. Those people were damn lucky to be safe for so long, but it wouldn't have lasted forever. Was it right that CDB descended "like a plague" on the Greene property and kind of took over? Maybe not. But think of what could have happened if Dave, Tony, and crew had shown up, since they weren't killed in the bar by Rick. Among other things. 

At least in this instance, Deanna INVITED CDB in. I think in the long run ASZ is better with Rick and co. there. FPP can go back to praying to God on his rock and hoping for the best, if that's how he feels about the people who saved his life. This is a dude who locked his congregation out and watched man, woman, and child be eaten alive. And he wants to lecture on who's good and who's bad? He can take a seat. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 14

I don't think so. The truck that was stopping them fell on its own. They would have been overrun and not even see it coming.

Exactly. It would have been a competition to see who got to them first, the large herd of walkers or the Wolves. Without Rick and his people, the Alexandrians would be certainly doomed, now at least some of them have a chance of surviving the walkers and the Wolves. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 6

It's better they deal with the part of the herd they know is there and is coming NOW, than if the barrier came down and the whole damn bunch hit the walls at once and no one in Alexandria knew it until they were surrounded and overwhelmed. Short term, it may be worse. Long term, it's probably going to be better, at least for those who survive.

In long term Rick's plan is gonna save lives. But I bet people will be blaming him about the walkers going to Alexandria when it's really because of that damn horn.

• Love 3

I agree. Trouble does follow Rick and Co. and Rick's plans do go awry, but those walkers were going to get loose when the truck fell and the Alexandrians wouldn't have stood a chance. Even if the whole herd didn't immediately descend when the truck fell, the Alexandrians haven't exactly shown themselves to be skilled fighters. How many of them have even killed a walker? The few who could would have become overwhelmed pretty quickly, I'm guessing.

It would have been a bad situation with or without Rick and his people, but Rick and Co. minus Eugene and FPP can fight and give them a chance, at least.

Edited by Evie
  • Love 4

I'm re-watching. Why did Rick have Morgan locked in the empty room? I must have missed that. Morgan had just rescued Daryl and Aaron, right?

True but last time Rick saw Morgan he was cuckoo, busy as he was, clearing things.  Also he stabbed Rick in the shoulder and begged him to shoot him.  Rick had to be sure Morgan was safe to be around the living - most importantly his kids.

I, too, saw the whole Morgan/Carol scene as him taking note of which people are already up to snuff, and which people should be locked behind strong walls.  And Carol is up to snuff and ready to rock.  As someone else noted - game recognizes game. 

While I didn't see a threat in Morgan's assessment of Carol, I took it as him seeing that she was acting and letting her know that he knew she was - but even deeper, that he won't blow her cover.  I think he's curious to see WHY she is acting.  All of Rick's group is tough, so she doesn't need to hide that but clearly she smells a rat and is acting as the cheese.  I think he wants to see what rat she'll catch.  Morgan has never been duplicitous so it's not game recognizing game.  Rather I think Morgan is a smart and sensitive man who gets a read on people.  I'm not sure if the intent was to start a new ship, but I do like the thought of Carol finding a man who SEES her.  She's not at all invisible to him.

Old half face Carter was begging like Keith Sweat. The only thing that would have made it better is if Eugene said "HOLY S(%$& HE LEANED IN"

You made my day, my week, my MONTH with the Keith Sweat reference.  LMAO!!!  - PS:  Michonne ate his potato chips.  Maybe she also swiped his protein bar.

But think of what could have happened if Dave, Tony, and crew had shown up, since they weren't killed in the bar by Rick.

Rick Grimes' sexiest moment and sexiest quote: "I hear Nebraska's nice."  Just me?

• Love 10

Shouldn't the smell from that quarry of walkers have been unbearable?  No one seemed to react to any odor.

Remember when Abraham's group came upon the herd of walkers that was at distance down the road?  The first thing they noticed was the smell, and then they saw them.

• Love 3

For all the complaints about the black and white, there'd be a lot more if everyone was confused about what was past and present. I'm not saying it had to be black and white, but it had to be something, and other techniques may have been even more hokey.

You know, I wanted to be all "no way, come on, the audience is not that dumb!", but then I remembered a very spirited discussion I had with a friend of mine about the season 4 premiere and she just COULD. NOT. UNDERSTAND. what was in Irish woman's bag (dead husband's head, dude, it was pretty friggin' clear!) and kept insisting that it was a plotline left dangling for a reason, and it would probably come up again in the mid-season finale...so, you're probably right, and there would be a lot of complaining about confusing flashbacks.

May I also say that Carter was absolutely right in not trusting Rick? I mean, it's the same dude who had a nervous breakdown while waving a gun around not three days ago. Where Carter went wrong was in his absolute incompetence at staging a coup. You always have a lookout, amateur. Or at least make sure there isn't someone in the pantry while you talk murder.

Rick Grimes' sexiest moment and sexiest quote: "I hear Nebraska's nice."  Just me?

That's a good one. I lean more toward feral Rick, so for me it's "He's mine" while advancing, covered in Joe's blood, to gut the horrible man threatening his son.

• Love 4

It seems like their entire time in Alexandria has gone by rather quickly.  Heath said that his scouting party had been gone for a couple of weeks.  Heath was gone when Rick's crew arrived.  So all this Alexandra stuff happened in less than 2 weeks?  Group arrives, tries to assimilate, receives jobs, goes on runs, Noah dies, FFP betrays them, Sasha has a mental breakdown while hunting walkers, Rick falls in love, loses his shit, gets knocked out by Michonne, kills the guy who killed Reg....all this in 2 weeks???!!!

• Love 4

I don't know if it was because I was going through withdrawals or if it was a quality episode, but I really enjoyed this one. I seem to be in the minority about liking the flashbacks. I like to see things like that.

I really liked how Jessie reacted to Rick, especially after the threatening-Ron incident. (Side note - the way Rick tackled Ron and all those walkers fell off the side was totally awesome.)

Glenn is such a great character. I love him so much.

RIP Carter, you jackass. Sorry you had to go that way, but seeing Michonne's and Morgan's faces when Rick stabbed you was hilarious.

• Love 11