Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I'd say doing the exact same thing qualifies as comparable, but that's just my opinion.

I don't think it is comparable. To me that's like saying every murder committed is exactly the same. The reasons and circumstances behind someone's actions can make a difference. I'm pretty sure Liz and Lucky weren't engaged when Lucky and Sarah happened. Also, I think (though not 100% on this) Lucky and Sarah was not the prolonged nasty affair that Liz and Nik were. Plus, two wrongs don't make a right. Just because Lucky slept with her sister does not mean Liz get an affair with your brother free card.

I love everything Michael said to Kiki today but the thing that I loved the most was that Chad pronounced "supposedly" quite clearly and did not say "supposably".

LOL, I loved that! I especially loved that it almost seemed like Chad paused slightly and was thinking "Remember it's supposedly, not supposably" and then deliberately stressed the right pronunciation. 

I had no problem with how Michael treated Kiki today. He has every right to be pissed with Kiki. He already broke up with her and then she just makes herself at home and waltzes into his bedroom and then refuses to leave. She got what she deserved. I think Rosalie does have a right to be a little ticked that he used her like that, but she had enough good sense to get the hell out of dodge despite what Michael said.

I also don't see why Michael's so terrible for accepting what Rosalie did, regarding revealing Ava's location to Madeline. Michael's already lost almost everyone he cares about, and is now striking up this new friendship. I don't think he wants to push her away unless he absolutely had to. And considering how almost everyone in his life has lied to him recently, I think he values honesty above all else right now. That Rosalie admitted what she did, even though she didn't have to went a long way with him, that and that she was truly remorseful. I think it was actually nice of Michael that he wasn't judgmental and tried to be understanding.

I can't wait to see Michael with Sonny and Carly on Monday. I fully expect him to have a few moments where it seems like he's wavering. These are the people who raised him. It's not easy to go cold turkey and just not feel any emotion toward them. But I think overall, he's going to be as cold to them, and probably more, than he was with Kiki.

I don't care in the slightest that Billy is not at all playing Jason Morgan.  The Jason Morgan persona was a disgusting fucking monster, either second to or tied with Sonny as the most vile character ever to appear in Port Charles, and must never ever return.

I'm kind of torn on this. On the one had, I really agree that Steve Burton sucked for a lot of years on GH and Jason mostly lacking a personality sucked. I have no problem with BM injecting this version of Jason with some light-hearted angles. On the other hand, I hate, hate, hate this cutesy bullshit Jake/Liz stuff and, unfortunately, Liz's smug bitchface is rubbing off on Jake and they just seem like two smug, immature assholes together.

The Liz/Jason picture, with the heightened ridiculousness of it looking like a magazine promo shot, just upped Liz's pathetic streak. 

Ugh, God I hate Carly. Even Sonny, even though I think he mostly does it to score points/out of self-pity, can sometimes admit when he's wrong, but not Carly. She can never she just plain admit when she's fucked up without trying to blame someone else or act like there were mitigating factors out of her control.

• Love 6

Carly is SO PATHETIC. SHE apologized to SONNY!? And the only thing they regret is that Franco isn't dead???? These are rootable characters!!?!? For reals!?!?

Kiki makes me vomit. Get a clue, gurl. Michael is FIRE right now.

Nik was looking damn good.

As was Jason. Yum. And he recognized Alan, Lila and Edward!!!! Someone show him a picture of Robin, stat!!!

Liz. Oh, Liz. Jason was married. And she has a photo of herself with him on display? Wow. Just....wow.

Pretty much all my thoughts for the day. I loved Jakeson in the hall of Q and that it's the Quartermaines he recognizes. I'm enjoying the dynamic between him and Liz, though I agree that the pic of Liz and Jason was a bit much.

Carly's apologies to Sonny and his lapping them up like warm milk were wretched. I hate these characters. They never once mentioned feeling bad about AJ's death and covering it up, just feeling bad that Franco found out and wasn't also killed on the spot. Hate them.

Pissed off Michael is glorious.

• Love 5

Well today was slow and boring and involved nearly every single character that I cannot stand

We don't agree on much, but I felt the same way. This was a Friday show? Boring.

On the other hand, I hate, hate, hate this cutesy bullshit Jake/Liz stuff and, unfortunately, Liz's smug bitchface is rubbing off on Jake and they just seem like two smug, immature assholes together.

This. Oh yes, THIS. And because I was so bored, I focused on the shallow today. WTF was she wearing? That sweater looked like the black ink blot was going to sprout fangs and suck on everyone's neck in town. Hideous.

Newsflash, writers. Today in Atlanta, it was in the 20's this morning. Having Lucy walk around in a sleeveless dress in upstate NY in mid November is just insulting and stupid. I was cold just looking at her.

There's no doubt that Kiki sucks. I hate her almost as much as I hate Sonny, which suffice it to say is the water level of all the oceans, lakes and water bodies in the entire world. So I was glad she got her ass reamed out of course. I still don't like Michael, or Rosalie for that matter. I think all three of them could die tomorrow, and I wouldn't miss a single one.

• Love 3
There's no doubt that Kiki sucks. I hate her almost as much as I hate Sonny, which suffice it to say is the water level of all the oceans, lakes and water bodies in the entire world. So I was glad she got her ass reamed out of course. I still don't like Michael, or Rosalie for that matter. I think all three of them could die tomorrow, and I wouldn't miss a single one.

I hear you. The sad thing is, that applies to 99.99999% of the characters these days to me. The harder part is trying to think of anyone I don't want to suffer as I punch them repeatedly.

I cannot remember if the recording on AJ's phone implicates Ava in Connie's murder.  But even if it does, there'd be even more evidentiary problems with that recording than with Franco's.  Not that that will stop the show from using it, though.  But if it doesn't, is there any other "proof" that Ava killed Connie?  Sure, there's the "AJ", but nothing else?

Yes, if I'm remembering correctly, Ava admits she killed Connie on A.J.'s recording.  That's how Carly, Franco and Sonny found that out.  As to any other proof against her, I can't think of any.  They had a better case against A.J., but even with those bloody initials, it wasn't enough to convict him.  Without that recording, they've got even less against Ava.

Geeze, Kiki is tone deaf.  And KA's acting...  Really was off. I was expecting more hurt, surprise, the usual, at catching Michael in bed with Rosalie.  Instead, she just seemed annoyed.  I watched Starr grow up on OLTL and never had a problem with her acting there, but on GH?  I must've been viewing her through rose-colored, glasses out of fondness for the character.

I said it awhile back and I still feel it:  I like the idea of Rosalie but find the actress weak in the part.  And this big secret she has?  I bet Ron hasn't even decided what it is yet.

Love that the CEO of ELQ has a view of a brick wall outside his bedroom window.

When I read the spoiler about a government agent coming after Anna, I thought, hmm, maybe a new love interest for her?  Now, after seeing him, mm, maybe not.

I cannot even, with anyone apologizing to Sonny, ever.  For anything.

Count me amongst those not enjoying the smug on Elizabeth and Jake.  Really not a good way to reintroduce a really polarizing character.  I hated Jason Morgan and I sure haven't warmed up to Jason Redux, but his looking at the photos at GH gave me a glimmer of hope Jason Q. might be in there.  A faint glimmer.

• Love 3
Someone on the dialogue staff doesn't like Kiki any more than we do.

I'm more tempted to say that they don't like us.

I think all three of them could die tomorrow, and I wouldn't miss a single one.

No we don't agree on very much but I certainly agree with this. In fact I wish all three would die and I know I wouldn't miss them.

Their scenes during Friday's show alone were just ghastly. Michael was being a grade A arsehole, Kiki couldn't take a hint and I have no idea if Kristen was trying to cry or faint but whatever was happening wasn't good, and Rosalie is useless, she doesn't even seem to get or care that Michael wanted to use her to rub Kiki's nose in things? Yeah, what a great way to solidify a budding friendship...

And now it seems that she has undergone a personality swap because suddenly she's no longer the "witchy" nurse whispering bad somethings in the Nina's ear but she's trying to tell the truth and do the right thing by giving Michael and Kiki time to hash things out, telling Michael he might not want to be so hasty breaking up with her and blah blah blah, GTFO with that bullshit, she's not worth the paper the scripts are written on imho.

All three of them are terrible in their own special ways and I haven't a use for a single one. And if Rosalie somehow ends up pregnant I think that's the day I'm setting up a permanent residence on my barge island.

Also when I watch Billy as Jake all I can see is Billy Miller playing Billy Miller as Jake as Jason. There's so much separation there between who the character should be and who he's playing. The character he's playing could be interesting, especially if he could spend a very extended period of time away from Liz, but whoever this guy is he just isn't Jason, imho.

Seeing Alan's picture up on that memory wall just reminded me that he shouldn't even be dead in the first place...so many Qs gone thanks to shitty writing and writers desperate to keep the Sonny and Carly and Jason show alive and kicking.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 1

Yeah, today was pretty terrible, especially considering how good some parts of the past week were.

Without Kevin, I really have no use for Lucy. Duke falling on his sword for Sonny is beyond stupid. (Alexis is wearing new glasses which look a lot like the ones I just got.) I liked Michael being so dismissive of Lauren, but unlike some other posters, I think it would have been awesome if they'd looked up at her when she burst in and then gone back to what they were doing. She could have flared and sputtered her way out the door.

I have no words for the awfulness that is Sonny and Carly.

• Love 5
I don't know what this says about me, but I thought Michael was sexy today.

I agree, on all points.

Shut up, Sonny and Carly.  Just shut up.  No rational person could have any sympathy for either of your selfish asses.  And we're supposed to believe and give one shit that you say you love each other?  You're horrible people.  Stop with your mutual pity party.  Just.. shut it. Www.zipit.com. Exzipit A. Zip it good.  Is this show really trying to make me have any sympathy for these asshats?? Sonny's in jail for murder, and screaming that everything would be okay if only he had murdered people earlier.  Can. Not. Even. And they're trying to loop all this in to the Jason reveal???  Show, you're ruining what could be good story. 

And the award for Narcissist of the Year goes to... Sonny.  Shocker, I know.  And yet they're laying the groundwork to get him out of this. I will ..  well, I won't do anything, but I will be outraged, and you'll all have to hear about it.

Lucy?  You can have a seat.  I believe there's room next to Duke, because he is taking a lot of seats. 

I really like Nik and Britt together. I think they're cute and a little bit hot. Yeah, she's a horrible liar, but so is he.  It works for me.  But, I like Spencer, so obviously my opinion can't be trusted.

CD is killing it.  This is his best work, for sure. 

I choose to ignore anything related to Liz and Is He Jason?  I'm hanging on by a thread with this show, and I can't handle any more asshattery.  So it's best if I just pretend none of that exists. 

ETA: This post was brought to you by a box of wine.

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 12

My favorite part about Michael and Kiki, was when he calmly asked her to leave the key behind. I really enjoyed DGAF Michael. 

I forgot which poster said that Kiki had no qualms about ending it with Morgan for one lie, she really has no self awareness whatsoever.

*sigh* I wish I could enjoy Liz/Jake. I've always liked Liz, and I think BH and BM have chemistry, but this story is ridiculously ham-handed. He's not the second coming of Jasus. He's not Jason Morgan or Jason Q. 

• Love 2

Maybe it's because I watched SK as Deacon Sharpe all the way through in Wisconsin and LA, but I clearly saw what could and should have been AJ, had the writing (and the Unholy Trinity ( not neutered him). In fact, in very old GH clips pre Jason Morgan, SK had some brilliant scenes where you can see this Micheal is very much the Son of AJ. He's what AJ should have and could have been imo. There was no blaming of others, yelling, nor denying his feelings a'la CarSon. It was straight up passion and emotion, but controlled- like a proper Quartermaine a'la pre Sonny era. CD must have worked with SK during his time there and RoHo because I see their handiwork on this. There's quite a bit of Roger's control he had on PP OLTL and during parts of the 90s. (Since CD dates KA irl, I can see this).

I kinda think the writing is pointing to Jason being Team Quartermaine, but knowing his Morgan side. Why? Sonny saying "Waaah I ruin everyone! Everyone!" to Carly and Duke. He gives no fucks about them, but cares about Michael and his other Quartermaine trophy- Jason. Jason feeling the name "Quartermaine" feels right, but hearing Morgan about a billion times and being like offended by it or disgusted. "There's that name again." (Maybe because Liz is like Jason Morgan every 5 seconds) Jason recognized Alan, Edward, and Lila. He didn't recognize Carly, but said he kind of understood her jumbled crazy talk. (Jason Q was pre med and well a Q. Dealt with crazy). Micheal recognized Jason slightly. Because he now resembles AJ.

• Love 3

Liz and Jakeson are so smug- her smugness rubbed off on him. I can't with their useless scenes.

Loved how calm Michael was with Kiki walking in. He really has become a Q.

I ffed through the Carson nonsense, but she seriously apologized to that asshole? He kills someone and it's her fault Michael knows. Shut this crap up. And it's hilarious that he doesn't want her now when she's done with Franco.

Are we supposed to feel sorry that psycho Faison is dead? Britt better not help the WSB.

• Love 1
I choose to believe that the picture of Liz/Lucky is up in Aiden's bedroom, so he could see what his daddy looks like

Oh I aim sure they Skype, Ron just hasn't been yet asked to confirm that on Twitter.

If they didn't want to make Billy a properly aged Q that he would make sense playing in his style then he would have made, I think, a pretty decent Lucky. Billy is another actor who's good with kids so I think he could have handled well taking over the role of a character with two little boys, especially since he and Becky seem to really be hitting it off. I'm no kind of Liz fan but I will say that I can see chemistry sparks between them.

Loved how calm Michael was with Kiki walking in. He really has become a Q.

Being a Q and being calm all boils down to who has been drinking what and for how long. When a Q has been set off they never stay calm, they just don't reach for the weaponry nearly as quickly as say a Corinthos might.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 1

Love that the CEO of ELQ has a view of a brick wall outside his bedroom window.

Hee! I know! Maybe that's what all the trendy, young, unqualified CEOs think is the way to live? 

Without Kevin, I really have no use for Lucy. Duke falling on his sword for Sonny is beyond stupid. 

The Duke thing is making zero sense to me. It seems so far out of character! Why so loyal to Sonny?AJ is the one who gave you a job and chance at a new life, and for crying out loud, Julian is not the one who killed your baby!!!!! You need to check yourself Duke. Big time. 

Shut up, Sonny and Carly.  Just shut up.  No rational person could have any sympathy for either of your selfish asses.  And we're supposed to believe and give one shit that you say you love each other?  You're horrible people.  Stop with your mutual pity party.  Just.. shut it. Www.zipit.com. Exzipit A. Zip it good.  Is this show really trying to make me have any sympathy for these asshats?? Sonny's in jail for murder, and screaming that everything would be okay if only he had murdered people earlier.  Can. Not. Even. And they're trying to loop all this in to the Jason reveal???  Show, you're ruining what could be good story. 

And the award for Narcissist of the Year goes to... Sonny.  Shocker, I know.  And yet they're laying the groundwork to get him out of this. I will ..  well, I won't do anything, but I will be outraged, and you'll all have to hear about it.

ETA: This post was brought to you by a box of wine.

I'm sensing the origins of the GH Drinking Team. Motto: We aren't drunk, just bitter. 

I was just barely paying attention to the Sonny Carly version of Cell Block Tango.  ("He had it comin'..... it was a murder but not a crime!") 

(But when Sonny stomped on that chair in a fit of rage? UCG) 

• Love 7

I think Rosalie does have a right to be a little ticked that he used her like that, but she had enough good sense to get the hell out of dodge despite what Michael said.

I think Michael made it pretty clear from the start what fucking Rosalie was about for him and she used him for similar reasons. They both used each other, which I appreciate and it's a trope I'm normally into. 

I said it awhile back and I still feel it:  I like the idea of Rosalie but find the actress weak in the part.  And this big secret she has?  I bet Ron hasn't even decided what it is yet.

I think LET is OK, she's not awful, and I like Rosalie, but I agree that the character would work much better if the actress was better. Also, I 100% agree that RC has no idea what Rosalie's secret actually is yet.

My favorite part about Michael and Kiki, was when he calmly asked her to leave the key behind. I really enjoyed DGAF Michael. 

That was my fave part, too. It was perfection. I also really liked the way CD delivered the, "Yes, Kiki.  That is what I'm saying," line after she asked if they were over. Good times!

Liz and Jakeson are so smug- her smugness rubbed off on him. I can't with their useless scenes.

THIS. This is the #1 reason why I can not stand them together. Liz's smugness is why I always end up coming back around to despising her.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6

Ugh, God I hate Carly. Even Sonny, even though I think he mostly does it to score points/out of self-pity, can sometimes admit when he's wrong, but not Carly. She can never she just plain admit when she's fucked up without trying to blame someone else or act like there were mitigating factors out of her control.

I feel like this, even though Carly HAS admitted she's wrong. And I was trying to put my finger on what's different about what she's doing and what Sonny's doing and then I realized she's being very yell-y about it, heh. Sonny is being quietly self-pitying, Carly apologized to Morgan but then she turned around and screamed in Scott's face like two seconds later "don't you know what your freak show son has done!!!" Yeah Carly, he does. At least he hasn't slept with him, unlike you. (Although he did sit in bed with him in their bathrobes. Blerg.) How Carly's acting now reminds me a lot of how Sonny acted right after he shot Dante ("I will always feel sorry about this until the day I die . . . . but-it's-kinda-all-your-fault-Patrick-for-not-telling-me!!!!") Soulmates!

It would have been out-of-character for Sonny and Carly to have any self-revelations yesterday, so I didn't mind it on that score. It perfectly encapsulates the enabling that happens when Sonny and Carly are together, especially romantically. I need Alexis to waltz on by Carly's cell. She always gives good Carly smackdown.

Chad is doing nice work, but in terms of sexiness he's still Velveteen Michael to me.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

I think Scotty should feel some responsibility for letting Franco go though. I think that's what Anna was getting at. And to Scotty's credit, I think he does feel bad about that and he immediately realized he needed to put the arrest warrant out for Franco. 

While Scotty was right to put out a warrant for Franco's arrest, Scotty didn't know about Franco's vendetta against Sonny & Carly until the non-wedding when he heard Sonny and Carly's confessions and since Franco hadn't broken any laws at the time that Scotty knew of, Scotty couldn't bust him. 

I don't think Morgan was treating Michael like a child so much as he was being immature himself. He was reacting out of fear of having another broken home and family. Not that that makes it okay but I don't think he was being condescending. Kiki, on the other, did. "Oh Michael couldn't handle that, oh he already has so many burdens". Shut up, Kiki!!! You don't know him!!!

That's the problem, re Morgan and Kiki's treatment of Michael. By lying to Michael for months instead of being honest with him because of what he had suffered, especially in prison, Morgan and Kiki chose to let Michael know what they wanted him to know when they wanted him to know it because they didn't think that he could handle it otherwise, i.e. treating him like a child. By hiding the truth from Michael, Morgan's worst fear became a self-fulfilling prophecy and it's his own fault and Kiki's because Kiki, like Sonny, ruins everything. 

Well, that, but also plain and simple Michael would have to go to prison again and Dante definitely wanted to stop that from happening. Unless you mean "prison" by "almost destroyed him."

I mean prison and every horrible thing that happened to Michael there, especially his getting raped and almost getting killed, because of Sonny and Franco. Dante may not have cared about AJ and I don't think he knows about AJ's innocence re Kannie's murder, but he does love Michael and I believe he knew that AJ loved him too, so he got through to Michael the only way he knew how-which, fortunately, worked like a charm. 

• Love 3

While Scotty was right to put out a warrant for Franco's arrest, Scotty didn't know about Franco's vendetta against Sonny & Carly until the non-wedding when he heard Sonny and Carly's confessions and since Franco hadn't broken any laws at the time that Scotty knew of, Scotty couldn't bust him. 

I mean, I don't think he should've arrested him (although, I feel like he could've for filming Carly without her consent), but he knows how Franco is, so he really should've seen it coming that he'd go and do some nasty shit. But he didn't because they're hell bent on writing Scotty as caring about Franco, which is stupid and makes no sense and is dumb and it needs to stop!

Man, I'm so over Franco. Please, RH, just leave already!

• Love 4

I not only want Jason Q, I want him to become a doctor. He can get a medical degree during a commercial break.

And honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen. Ron seems to love BM sparing with KG.

• Love 4

Honestly, it doesn't matter to me who the show is trying to say Liz loves now, the fact is...Jason was married with a child.

He was Sam's husband.

And Liz having a pic of her and Jason on her mantel with pics of her sister and children...but not Lucky or Zander...two of her children's daddies....is insane.

I thought it was a requirement in Port Chuck to have a picture of St. Jasus on your mantle. Bonus if you are in it as well. 

BM has always radiated the smug to me.

I enjoyed the Kiki smackdown.

• Love 2
Newsflash, writers. Today in Atlanta, it was in the 20's this morning. Having Lucy walk around in a sleeveless dress in upstate NY in mid November is just insulting and stupid.

I thought Lucy's dress was perfect for Lucy. She's not one to let a little cold weather stop her from wearing what she wants.

Geeze, Kiki is tone deaf.

Girl does NOT know how to read a room. 

• Love 4

Kiki is rather....unfortunate looking, isn't she?  And it's not helped by her weird facial contortions she employs in an attempt to act.  Yeah, I went there.

Oh, I've said worse about her looks. I think this clip sums it up better than anything I can write though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRIoBZbDxvo#t=703

What is the Rosalie actress name?

I thought it was Laura Elena Kovar, but I'm see in other initials attributed to her.

It's Linda Tovar. Elena is her middle name but I don't know if she officially uses it.

• Love 1

I'm sorry I clicked on that, Ulkis. That awful blonde dye-job, horrors! I had forgotten how much worse KA looked with it.

Just because I want to say something nice, that outfit Kiki wore to the wedding was very flattering and I quite liked it on her, though it seemed horribly inappropriate to wear to a non-themed (ie goth, steampunk, etc) wedding. When she burst in on Michael, she was back to wearing the usual baggy, overly long top that complements her shortlegged proprtions so badly or maybe it's a normal top that looks baggy and overlong on her, whatever, it's bad. The only thing worse on her is capri pants. 

And now it seems that she has undergone a personality swap because suddenly she's no longer the "witchy" nurse whispering bad somethings in the Nina's ear but she's trying to tell the truth and do the right thing by giving Michael and Kiki time to hash things out, telling Michael he might not want to be so hasty breaking up with her and blah blah blah, GTFO with that bullshit, she's not worth the paper the scripts are written on imho.

This is the danger in some fans telling Ron they like one of his limited run characters.  He can't listen to an ounce of criticism, but a few fans tell him they liked Rosalie in her limited early scenes, and she's set to become a major player with unexplained character shifts and developed on the fly backstory.  I assume John Wesley Shipp will be playing her abusive father any day now. 

As for Liz/Jason smugness, are we talking when they're opposite Dr O?  Because, and I feel like a broken record, bitch terrorized Liz in her own home and tried to kill her (along with many other PC residents over her short but useless time on this show), and got away with all of it before smugly inserting herself as chief of staff at Liz's workplace.  She's more than entitled to cop any attitude she wants with her as far as I'm concerned - smug, bitchy, disdain, all off it.  I don't think anyone is required to show respect to someone who tries to kill them.  That would be like saying AJ wasn't allowed to show attitude to Sonny.  Or Robin isn't allowed to cop an attitude with Dr O, Faison, Jerry, et al.  Once someone tries to kill you, you get to treat them however the hell you want to.  That should be one of the basic rules of life. And the majority of the town (and hospital employees) should either be smug or treat O like she's dirt on their shoes, because that's all she's worthy of.  

We can't have her in jail, because, again, Ron got positive feedback on a character that was meant to be short term, so the very least we can have is everyone treating her like the sociopath she is.  And, she'll go on holding onto her job and walking around free despite her crimes against a host of people in town and across the globe, while Anna has an agent breathing down her neck because she might have killed the guy who has stalked and terrorized her and her family for fucking decades.  Makes sense, Ron.  Total fucking sense.  

• Love 15

Kiki is rather....unfortunate looking, isn't she?  And it's not helped by her weird facial contortions she employs in an attempt to act.  Yeah, I went there.

Oh, I've said worse about her looks. I think this clip sums it up better than anything I can write though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRIoBZbDxvo#t=703

She's been Mrs. Potato Head to me ever since she married Lump a' Cole on OLTL and gave birth to Lil' Spud.

And she's just gotten worse.

Edited by boes

All three of them are terrible in their own special ways and I haven't a use for a single one. And if Rosalie somehow ends up pregnant I think that's the day I'm setting up a permanent residence on my barge island.

See I have a different take. Cartini won't allow anyone to sass KA's character. That's why Rosalie became a meek church mouse when we've seen she can call someone out easily. KA has to be coddled and protected at all costs.

This is the main reason I haven't wanted Serena or Christina on screen. I wouldn't be able to take seeing these legacy kids (Baldwins) loose to KA's Kekekaka propping or favoritism.

ETA : KA has always had a big head & prominent jawline, even as a child. As for hwr work today, she's totally using the faces she did as a kid

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 3

See I have a different take. Cartini won't allow anyone to sass KA's character. That's why Rosalie became a meek church mouse when we've seen she can call someone out easily. KA has to be coddled and protected at all costs.

This is the main reason I haven't wanted Serena or Christina on screen. I wouldn't be able to take seeing these legacy kids (Baldwins) loose to KA's Kekekaka propping or favoritism.

Yep, and it's what happened with Lindsay Morgan's Kristina. She was horrible on this show. But she certainly wasn't worse than KA . . . and yet who gets cast out?

And Carly would be/should be hating her ass. Hating it, not telling Morgan that he and Kiki have to support Michael now. 

• Love 1

I think Scotty should feel some responsibility for letting Franco go though. I think that's what Anna was getting at.

Scott should have told her back, unlike you I don't put all the innocent people in jail. Franco at that point at the wedding hadn't done anything for Scott (that he knew of) to be arrested for. It shows how awful a cop Anna is that she wanted Franco, who gave up Sonny on a silver platter and solved AJ's murder for her to be arrested. For what? Because he played a video at the wedding and refused to marry the cheater? That's all he had done at that point to Scott or Anna. 

Carly goes free for a whole day and Anna criticizes Scott going after Bobby's daughter when she committed a crime clearly, but Franco should be brought in at the wedding.

Yep, and it's what happened with Lindsay Morgan's Kristina. She was horrible on this show. But she certainly wasn't worse than KA . . . and yet who gets cast out?

I guess it was Lindsay's gain since she then became a regular on CW's The 100. KA can't get prime time.

Liz having a photo of her and Jason, like they were married sitting on her table was beyond ridiculous. Let's put the town hitman/mobster on the table for her kids to see, but not their fathers or aunts/uncles/cousins?

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

It would actually be pretty amusing to see tables or mantles with pictures of everyone a soap opera character has boinked all together.  Be some pretty full picture galleries.    I say all characters, because let's face it, soaps are revolving doors for multiple relationships.  Musical beds at it's finest.

I have to say that for the first time in years I am eager to see the show.  It's a 20 year payoff, and it's sweet.  When I think of all the time I've wasted in my life actively hating Sonny the Moobster and his little yapping lap dog Carly, I despair.  Having both of them arrested, behind bars, and hated on by the new and improved Big Balls Michael is completely satisfying.  

I admit I think it is going to last.  I'm afraid I will jinx it by saying so, but I'm hopeful.  Sonny has never been portrayed as being quite so vile and delusional, there's really no going back.  Jakeson is showing signs of embracing his inner Q just in time to be there for Michael.  Carly is such a cheater that even her own mother mocks her ex-fiance for believing that she could actually be faithful.

The show needs this change to draw ratings and survive.  They can't put everyone behind bars, though.  I'm willing to fanwank if consequences are on everyone's plate.  BBMichael can go around and rip everyone a new anal orifice.  So farewell to the old king, long live the new.

Edited by Reo
  • Love 4

Michael Without Pity's on a roll! He let Kiki have it and it was glorious. When Kiki tried to justify her betraying Michael, he was having none of it, unlike his having Rosalie the night before. As for Kiki's feeling "sad" about Michael's hurting her, I would say that now she knows how Michael feels right now, but she's too busy wallowing in self-pity to understand. Maybe Michael should have used one of Dr. O's Power Point presentations to explain it to her:

1. She lied to Michael for months.

2. She convinced his brother to do the same.

3. They covered up a crime. Not just any crime; a murder. Not just any murder; AJ's murder.

4. Kiki barged into Michael's home uninvited, rudely interrupted his evening and had the nerve to be shocked that he would be angry with her.

When it comes to Michael and Kiki, all that matters to me is that he put her on blast, broke her heart and kicked her to the curb like the lying trash she is.

• Love 12

Newsflash, writers. Today in Atlanta, it was in the 20's this morning. Having Lucy walk around in a sleeveless dress in upstate NY in mid November is just insulting and stupid. I was cold just looking at her.

it was in the mid 50s in NYC but I can fanwank that she went from the indoor garage in her apartment building to the indoor garage at the PCPD. It's ridiculous really that all the women on soaps wear sleeveless dresses and spaghetti strap shirts in the dead of winter in upstate NY

• Love 2
Jakeson is showing signs of embracing his inner Q just in time to be there for Michael

The only way I can deal with Jason and Michael v Carly and Sonny, if that's what happens, is if Jason wears a hair shirt and whips himself every day. Jason was worse than Sonny and Carly combined. He held their hands and encouraged them and unlike Sonny and Carly, everyone (as in, the other characters) still loved him and if they didn't love him, they at least respected him. Sonny and Carly, the characters, got dirtier and dirtier to keep Jason relatively clean.

Sonny has never been portrayed as being quite so vile and delusional, there's really no going back.

I don't know. There have been a couple of times where he's been pretty much this bad. I don't think he will ever get Michael back, not the way it was at least. Probably at most he'll be a polite de facto step-son.

I don't think he'll go to prison permanently, but I do hope he loses greyball mansion and has to live above Kelly's.

• Love 5

But they've had Rosalie confront Kiki before, so I can't say I think that's the issue. And Michael was the one ripping her down, all Rosalie had to do was sit back and smirk and watch the show, she didn't have to act as if someone had applied a scarlet A across her forehead.

Also there's how she confessed her role in the baby's kidnapping to Michael, there was no reason for her to do that or to show this sudden guilty conscious considering the way she's behaved since her first day on screen. There was nothing about her then that said she really cared about anyone else besides herself, she was a user who liked money, now all of a sudden she's in Michael's bed and she wants to do the "right thing". I just don't buy it.

I think they're changing her personality, her reactions and responses to things, because she's sticking around and they want to make people "care" about her and whatever stupid ass secret she's hiding.

Imo they're trying to add more depth to her, any depth really because of how they first brought her on. She was barely a real character as the Nina's nurse but since they seem to want her to stick around now they're trying to give her a personality that would allow her to "mesh" with Michael, at least that's what I'm seeing. Although I will say that this show has made me cynical and suspicious about nearly everything so.

Jason was worse than Sonny and Carly combined

Stamp that on a bracelet and I'll buy a hundred. Jason was like a god to the residents of PC. If he threatened to kill you then that seemed to just make a person love him more (Sam). Not to mention he got away with everything, and I mean everything.

And all that being said I could absolutely see Ron having Jakson fall right back into his golden boy status, with Michael at his side as they lord over PC and... *sighs* Such a depressing thought for the weekend.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 2

I don't understand why the WSB agent thinks Britt can help him prove Anna and Robert killed Faison. How in the hell is she supposed to help? She's a doctor, not a detective.

And not even a very good one, at that.

I can't even deal with the very idea that Anna might be punished for finally trying to stop Faison.... while Dr O gets away with various crimes against innocents. The WSB should be fucking thanking Robert and Anna for ridding the world of a menace.

Oh, and Robin is still kidnapped offscreen with no end in sight. Fuck you, show!

• Love 6

As for Liz/Jason smugness, are we talking when they're opposite Dr O?  Because, and I feel like a broken record, bitch terrorized Liz in her own home and tried to kill her (along with many other PC residents over her short but useless time on this show), and got away with all of it before smugly inserting herself as chief of staff at Liz's workplace.  She's more than entitled to cop any attitude she wants with her as far as I'm concerned - smug, bitchy, disdain, all off it.  I don't think anyone is required to show respect to someone who tries to kill them.

Bygones! (TM Brad)

• Love 3

And not even a very good one, at that.

I can't even deal with the very idea that Anna might be punished for finally trying to stop Faison.... while Dr O gets away with various crimes against innocents. The WSB should be fucking thanking Robert and Anna for ridding the world of a menace.

Oh, and Robin is still kidnapped offscreen with no end in sight. Fuck you, show!

I could deal with it if it led to Anna going on the run with Robert, Dante and Nathan working to prove her innocence/get her off of the hook (but mostly Dante while Nathan just kinda nods his head), and possibly work with Robin to take down Helena. The GH in my head is a pretty place.

• Love 6

Also there's how she confessed her role in the baby's kidnapping to Michael, there was no reason for her to do that or to show this sudden guilty conscious considering the way she's behaved since her first day on screen.

I can fanwank that Rosalie confessed a bit to Michael because he'd just told her everyone had been lying to him and he hated it. Michael is related to the baby, so the news isn't entirely irrelevant. It's not as if she told him everything about her. Her deep, dark secret (WE NEVER CARED) lives another day. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3
I don't know. There have been a couple of times where he's been pretty much this bad. I don't think he will ever get Michael back, not the way it was at least. Probably at most he'll be a polite de facto step-son.

I don't think this show is going to just junk the Michael and Sonny relationship at all, far from it actually. Ron is going to wring every single ounce of drama out of this mess as he can get, but if he simply clips Michael off from Sonny or keeps them at a distance there goes a lot of potential blow ups and scream matches and crying jags and I don't see him merely hand waving any of that shit off.

I can fanwank that Rosalie confessed a bit to Michael because he'd just told her everyone had been lying to him and he hated it. Michael is related to the baby, so the news isn't entirely irrelevant. It's not as if she told him everything about her. Her deep, dark secret (WE NEVER CARED) lives another day.

That was actually my point, heh, that Rosalie is suddenly seeming to want to do the "right thing" by Michael despite her previous personality that didn't seem to give a rat's ass about lying to whomever for whatever reason as long as she got what she wanted. But now that they're "friends" suddenly things change...as if Ron hasn't done this a million times before.

It seems they feel her secret is better served not being revealed unless she's suddenly one of those Michael "knows" he can trust and confide in. I just don't think she's worth all this finagling, etc, not when this show is already stuffed to the gills with useless bodies.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 1

If this is some convoluted way to finally vindicate the Scorpios and lead to Robin getting free - like maybe the agent is actually tricking Britt into bringing down O and Faison by getting whatever relevant info Britt has, and this will all somehow lead back to Helena - I will eat my words and say nice things about Ron.

But I don't trust him at all. I dread where this is going, especially after what he's done to Robin. He's too in love with the "fun" psychos, and making sure he can bring them back again and again.

• Love 2

Scott should have told her back, unlike you I don't put all the innocent people in jail. Franco at that point at the wedding hadn't done anything for Scott (that he knew of) to be arrested for. It shows how awful a cop Anna is that she wanted Franco, who gave up Sonny on a silver platter and solved AJ's murder for her to be arrested. For what? Because he played a video at the wedding and refused to marry the cheater? That's all he had done at that point to Scott or Anna. 

Carly goes free for a whole day and Anna criticizes Scott going after Bobby's daughter when she committed a crime clearly, but Franco should be brought in at the wedding.

I guess it was Lindsay's gain since she then became a regular on CW's The 100. KA can't get prime time.

Liz having a photo of her and Jason, like they were married sitting on her table was beyond ridiculous. Let's put the town hitman/mobster on the table for her kids to see, but not their fathers or aunts/uncles/cousins?

I agree with everything except about the picture. That was clearly a plot point and a ridiculous one at that!