Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
GHScorpiosRule

Episode Discussion: TFGH

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Blackie said:
8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I was surprised that I liked Michael today, getting arrested for Jason.

yes I did too, he seemed so much more attractive, not that I am into drunk guys, I don't know what it was.

I think it was because he loosened up a little, and wasn't saying his lines like a nightly news reporter. Less self-righteousness, too.

I was sure Kim was going to throw the vase of wildflowers.  I guess Sonny has exclusivity on breaking glassware.

The diabetes/heart disease/death talk was upsetting to me.  I kept looking at my mom, wondering when she's going to die. 😥I FF'd through the p.s.a. that JZ and SE did.  Which drug company sponsored this storyline?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

This is going to sound totally ignorant and I apologize in advance, but everyone I’ve ever known as having Type 2 diabetes was also very overweight. So I have always assumed there was a correlation. Since the show gave it to Bobbie, I now assume that’s incorrect. But I can’t be the only one who thought that. Maybe that could have been part of the PSA. 

I have been liking Michael much more since they gave him something to do other than be mopey or make all his girlfriends die of boredom. (You know that was the real cause.) He’s still not actually interesting yet, but he’s getting there. Good job, Stick Boy.

And just when I think this story can’t get any more ridiculous, they give us.... Crying Baby Ghost Oscar.  There are no words.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I think the character of Michael has such fascinating potential and I have liked Chad Duell (sp?) since he showed up.  Listen, folks, I had to live through Child of the Corn (obviously, no ill will to Dylan Cash but ... )  image.png.b22a71d5fcdb9a374dc4eb6ed94de256.png

Edited by Captanne · Reason: ETA: I hope we're allowed to post single images here. If not, please feel free to remove it.
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

This is going to sound totally ignorant and I apologize in advance, but everyone I’ve ever known as having Type 2 diabetes was also very overweight. So I have always assumed there was a correlation. Since the show gave it to Bobbie, I now assume that’s incorrect. But I can’t be the only one who thought that. Maybe that could have been part of the PSA. 

There is a correlation, but correlation is not causation.  People who are overweight also tend to have poor diet, but those that are not overweight can also be getting too many carbs and sugars and be overloading their natural insulin.  Also, sometimes medication you are taking for other problems may affect your natural insulin.  And, as always, heredity plays a role.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

This is going to sound totally ignorant and I apologize in advance, but everyone I’ve ever known as having Type 2 diabetes was also very overweight. So I have always assumed there was a correlation. Since the show gave it to Bobbie, 

I was diagnosed with Type 2 last year. And what had me going to my doctor to find out was the sudden and incessant thirst--I would be drinking water, coconut water, apple juice, orange juice, gatorade, pinapple juice, ALL THROUGH THE DAY. And I lost 20 pounds in 7 weeks. I look at myself everyday, so couldn't see it, but my best friend noticed the weight loss. But the first doctor I went to treated me as if I was 300 pounds and was inhaling large pizzas and bowls of pasta in front of her while she condescendingly told me I could eat, but it was all about "portion control." Suffice it to say, I changed doctors, and I have a better quality of life now, not having to live my life based on when my next insulin shot will be. And I wasn't overweight to begin with.

That said, I can't speak to how this show demonstrated this, as I haven't been able to watch the episodes this week yet.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Alexis to Julian: "You involved our daughter?  Sam has two children!"

Me: Between Grandma Monica, Aunt Olivia, Leo's nanny, and Uncle Drew/Daddy, they are well cared for. Sam is just the lady they visit with every once in a while. 

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

my nephew was diagnosed with Type 2 last year. Like you  @GHScorpiosRule he was thirsty all the time. And peeing all the time. He thought it was just stress but finally went to a doctor. His A1A was something like 15. He changed his diet, went on medication and at his last checkup, he was perfectly fine. I'm not convinced he's eating right at this point (too focused on net carbs, not focused enough on actually eating HEALTHY) but as long as his numbers are okay, I guess I can't argue. And he's an adult so I can't force him to do things differently.

I've been pre-diabetic for years. I fluctuate between 5.8 and 6.1, mostly steady at 6.1. Just can't get it down lower but I'm not terribly worried. 

To keep this on topic, I thought the conversation was well done if a bit heavy handed. 

Edited by Sake614
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Alexis to Julian: "You involved our daughter?  Sam has two children!"

Alexis seems to have forgotten that said daughter is a master conwoman. Ahem. And I wish Julian had pointed out that Sam was the one who asked for his involvement. Though I'm sure Alexis would have berated him for not stopping Sam. Forget that she's an adult. (Supposedly™ Silas Clay forever) 

12 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Pip did talk about eating healthy food and working out with Milo but yeah, that is a huge hole.

If she's doing this, her weight is less of a factor. Some people are never going to be thin. Look at Oprah's struggles with her weight. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Blackie said:

She talked about working out with Milo and changing her eating habits, but the character hasn't lost any weight.  The actor may be healthy IRL and not want to lose weight but if the character had started working out and most importantly changed her diet, she probably would have lost some weight.

hahaha!  I wasn't looking at the tv at this part, that's hilarious, I wonder if that is going to be a re-ocurring role- Big Baby Oscar


To be honest, I stupidly hadn't watched the entire episode when I went on my little rant, but didn't realize that when I posted.

I got distracted and thought the episode was over, then came here to complain (I usually just lurk on the GH boards). When I saw the later scene where Epiphany mentioned working out and buying healthy foods, I cringed (at the fact that I'd ranted).

Did she talk about changing her eating habits though, or just getting healthy food at the Farmer's Market?

Since they wrote Pip to have had a heart attack, I do still think they should have directly tackled the weight issue. I'm sure they didn't, out of deference to Eddy, which I can respect as it pertains to how they treat the cast, but it just makes me think they should  have used another character to counsel Bobbie.
 

13 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Pip did talk about eating healthy food and working out with Milo but yeah, that is a huge hole.

I find competence very attractive.  And this is the first time Michael has seemed competent to me. It's certainly not when he's pretending to be a CEO.

He was briefly competent as Michael Effing Quartermaine, when he took Avery and was done with Carly and Sonny. Since they had the characters mend fences though, they've written Michael almost as if he doesn't know Sonny killed AJ.

18 hours ago, tveyeonyou said:

Unpopular opinion, I liked Michael today, at least he was way better compared to Jason.

This Kim storyline is creepy enough with her begging everyone to knock her up to recreate Oscar but that ridiculous scene where she was hearing a baby crying then they showed Oscar with his mouth open and a baby crying coming out of his mouth? They've sunk to new lows of creepy.

And really Kim? You're begging Shilow to bang you? Just go stand next to Sonny and you'll wind up pregnant. But Shilow? 🤮

I like Michael, but I don't think the show generally knows how to write for him. I thought Chad did a good job playing a guy who was pretending to be drunk. A lot of actors can't play drunk, never mind adding that extra layer of Michael being sober but acting soused. 

I also have to admit to loving the shot of Oscar with his mouth open while the baby was crying. It managed to be laughable (which is largely why I still watch), while also being creepy.

I saw someone elsewhere saying it felt like a horror movie shot, and that's how I felt,  too. I think Kim being haunted by Oscar would be better than this bang-me-Shiloh plot.

Along with Sam, Kim was one of the few characters who saw Shiloh for what he was from the beginning.

The Nero family's involvement with DoD should have played out while Oscar was alive, and it should have died with him.  

I ask, because I kind of wish his whole cancer story had been paced differently. Like he could have gotten a new diagnosis (rather than have Kim-hid-it storyline), and then moved into DoD, because he started treatment, hated it, and fought with Kim and Drew over it.

Then he could have experienced a cult/placebo remission, and temporarily broken up with Joss while he was at DoD. He then could have gotten sicker again. Joss and Cam could have persuaded him to return to his parents and treatment, but then it could have been too late. 

This would have put Drew and Kim more directly into this storyline in a different, less revolting way. 

I don't keep up on GH news any more. Did they write out Oscar because the actor wanted to leave, or was it the show's choice? 

Edited by General Days · Reason: to add clarity
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Katy M said:

This is going to sound totally ignorant and I apologize in advance, but everyone I’ve ever known as having Type 2 diabetes was also very overweight.

My uncle was a normal weight at 40, when his diabetes began.  57 when he died of a massive heart attack.

Adult onset Type 1 diabetes is also on the rise.  A friend's hubby was recently diagnosed at 50 yrs. old.  I always thought so-called juvenile diabetes started in childhood.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, General Days said:

I don't keep up on GH news any more. Did they write out Oscar because the actor wanted to leave, or was it the show's choice? 

Show's choice. Oscar came on the show sick (though no one knew it at first), so it was likely known he'd eventually die. I suppose if he and Joss really caught fire they'd have changed things, but that didn't happen. They weren't exactly Luke and Laura in terms of chemistry or popularity.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Show's choice. Oscar came on the show sick (though no one knew it at first), so it was likely known he'd eventually die. I suppose if he and Joss really caught fire they'd have changed things, but that didn't happen. They weren't exactly Luke and Laura in terms of chemistry or popularity.

Thanks, I thought so, but then I wondered the actor chose to leave and my wish was for nothing.

That Oscar came on sick was a retcon though, right? (I've been watching regularly; I just mostly don't bother with soap press any more.)

I think they could have been more compelling, even if they were just a set-up for Joss to pivot to Cam. I really like that pairing, but I'm open to Cam/Trina and Joss/Dev (the latter of which it seems we're going to get no matter what).

I know kids don't watch the soaps much any more, but I think GH has stopped trying. Until Joss, the last attempt we really had was the Molly-Rafe-TJ triangle, which never really  worked. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, General Days said:

That Oscar came on sick was a retcon though, right? (I've been watching regularly; I just mostly don't bother with soap press any more.

I don't think so. He had a few seizures/episodes that brought him to GH, and Kim always blew it off as something minor. She'd known Oscar had a brain tumor for years but didn't tell him because she wanted him to have a "normal" life. He finally had a seizure serious enough for her to tell him the truth.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Billy Miller cannot leave soon enough.  Why is this Drew's storyline?  Kim is a lunatic!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Katy M said:

There is a correlation, but correlation is not causation.  People who are overweight also tend to have poor diet, but those that are not overweight can also be getting too many carbs and sugars and be overloading their natural insulin.  Also, sometimes medication you are taking for other problems may affect your natural insulin.  And, as always, heredity plays a role.

Dixon exposure, such as in Agent Orange and a whole lot of chemical plant leak exposures also causes Type 2, years later. Veterans Affairs gives out a lot of disability money decades later to Vietnam Vets, and just started giving disability to navy vets who were off shore.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, ciarra said:

Which drug company sponsored this storyline?

Exactly!!  Some of that dialogue was straight from a commercial.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Kim. GURL. STAHP. She is completely grossing me out. I don't care that she's grieving and has lost all sense. You never try to force someone to have a baby. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, General Days said:

 I think Kim being haunted by Oscar would be better than this bang-me-Shiloh plot.

Along with Sam, Kim was one of the few characters who saw Shiloh for what he was from the beginning.

It's not quite as awful as assumed; today Kim told Shiloh she wanted him to teach her how to persuade Drew to have another baby with her. She feels Drew must be the father.

Kim didn't trust Shiloh, but she didn't think he was OMG TEH EVUL like Sam did. She was genuinely shocked today when Julian filled her in after she spilled his personal family business to Shiloh. 

Gotta love that Brad, knowing Lucas is worried about Bobbie's health, says hey let's leave Port Charles and never look back...then screams "stay away from me!" in Shiloh's face.  Subtle, moron.

The office scenes with Jax, Curtis and Drew today would have been great if not for annoying, entitled Nina. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Kim told Shiloh she wanted him to teach her how to persuade Drew to have another baby with her. She feels Drew must be the father.

Which she only started to feel after Julian turned her down (or at least turned her down *right now.*).

I hate this storyline.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

So today this struck me as odd, and as being the kind of thing that contributes to Michael's dorkiness: He met What'sHerName for dinner at the Metro Court, which I would think is a fairly nice restaurant, with his shirttail out, but with his sleeves all the way down and buttoned. A rather odd fashion choice, especially since it's supposed to be June in Port Charles, too, I think. 

And Sonny and Carly have a doctor's appointment at the dinner hour? 

And, yeah, Sonny, you can talk about loving the baby all you want. We all know how much effort you'll put in to actually raising it and dealing with the issues it might have. I have friends who had a child with spina bifida, so I'm pretty sure this story will leave a bad taste in my mouth. Please let this child be a tock.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

LOL at the GIGANTIC gloves Dr. Navarro was wearing for the ultrasound. 

Hey, Valentin! If you don't want Nina to find out you've lied to her, how about not lying to her? Just an idea.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

The Nina/Jax hate-to-love stuff would work much better if it wasn't so incredibly heavy-handed. LOL at Drew trying to get them out of his office.

Also, is there any print media currently as successful as Nina is supposedly making Crimson other than investigative journalism media like the NY Times or the Guardian?  Even Vogue these days?

Wow, Sasha is really low on Michael's priorities.  Between Willow, Shiloh, Jason, and Carly, he's totally forgotten to get in touch with the woman waiting for him.

When is Shiloh dying?  I hope it's soon, I am so over everything to do with this story.

I have to give props to LW for how she played Carly getting the news that her baby may be sick. Very restrained but I could feel exactly what Carly felt.

16 hours ago, ciarra said:

The diabetes/heart disease/death talk was upsetting to me.  I kept looking at my mom, wondering when she's going to die. 😥I FF'd through the p.s.a. that JZ and SE did.  Which drug company sponsored this storyline?

This is why I didn't like those scenes. I thought they were too fright-inducing.

I don't think it was necessarily a drug company, type 2 diabetes is on the increase in North America because of increasing obesity and lack of exercise. It may just be that one of the writers had a relative who was diagnosed recently and since the show is called General Hospital, thought it might be a good small arc.

I wish they had included blindness though instead of stressing heart attack. People will be careful of their hearts but fewer know that they need to get special eye exams yearly.

9 hours ago, Katy M said:

There is a correlation, but correlation is not causation.  People who are overweight also tend to have poor diet, but those that are not overweight can also be getting too many carbs and sugars and be overloading their natural insulin.  Also, sometimes medication you are taking for other problems may affect your natural insulin.  And, as always, heredity plays a role.

Portion size is a big factor, as well as heredity and lack of exercise.

But what you eat is a big factor too. My father had a heart condition but his blood sugar was fine except for the times when he was hospitalized and then his b.s. would soar. Don't trust that hospital food.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I don't think it was necessarily a drug company

The PSA at the end with Sonya Eddy and Jackie Zeman was sponsored by two drug companies, I think. It's very similar to the story for Anna and the PSA Finola Hughes did. I expect Bobbie's diabetes will be mentioned only when the plot demands it from here on out, just as Anna's whatever-she-has is mentioned only when someone tsk-tsks her running off to track down errant sons or whatever.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The PSA at the end with Sonya Eddy and Jackie Zeman was sponsored by two drug companies,

Thanks for the info. Canada didn't get a PSA. (Different drug advertising laws.)

Diabetes makes more sense to do than Anna's rare-and-easily-treatable blood cancer.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL at the GIGANTIC gloves Dr. Navarro was wearing for the ultrasound. 

One must protect from Carly cooties and rabies. I hate Carly, but appreciate LW's efforts with the stories she's given.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

What happened to Dev's accent? Not that I'm missing it, it was terrible!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Canada didn't get a PSA. (Different drug advertising laws.)

I'm in Canada, but we get the Detroit feed.  I'd say during GH there are 75% drug commercials and 20% ambulance-chasing lawyer commercials, and 5% food.  And promos for awful ABC shows.

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Annamz said:

What happened to Dev's accent? Not that I'm missing it, it was terrible!!!!!!

He told joss that he learned to speak with an American accent. Which I guess will come in handy if he tries to pass himself off as Sonny’s cousin. 

Just not entirely sure what an American accent sounds like. Last I checked, we had many different accents in this country, depending on where you live.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

He told joss that he learned to speak with an American accent. Which I guess will come in handy if he tries to pass himself off as Sonny’s cousin. 

Just not entirely sure what an American accent sounds like. Last I checked, we had many different accents in this country, depending on where you live.

The national accent now used by performers and the upper class is midwest accent, minus all signs of the northern cities vowel shift. 

I have run into a few NY/Hampton/Martha's Vineyard super upper crust who use the stiff jaw Harvard accent, but 99% of them don't anymore

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

I also thought "drunk" Michael showed a bit of animation and flavor. The philosophic ranting was quirky. If only CD could bring a bit of spice to everyday Michael. 

The way Brad was clutching his stomach again today, I thought, uh oh, is Lucas gonna lose Wiley and Brad. I am liking Lucas and hope he gets a bigger role as this goes on. 

Jesus God, can you imagine how much screen time Carson will get if they go through with a "special needs" baby story. ...OMG... will they expect us to feel supportive and sympathetic toward Carly?! Cuz that ship has sailed, people! 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

I also thought "drunk" Michael showed a bit of animation and flavor. The philosophic ranting was quirky. If only CD could bring a bit of spice to everyday Michael. 

To me it seemed like CD was really comfortable with all of that, much more than we usually get from him. He's always kind of uptight. A lot of times that works for Michael, but especially if he's in a friends/family scene, I feel like he should be more relaxed.

Or maybe the writing just doesn't let him relax much.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I was surprised when Chad turned up on season 4 of "The Bay" and played a real SOB.   It was interesting to see him in a different role.  Thought he did a pretty good job.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, rur said:

And, yeah, Sonny, you can talk about loving the baby all you want. We all know how much effort you'll put in to actually raising it and dealing with the issues it might have. I have friends who had a child with spina bifida, so I'm pretty sure this story will leave a bad taste in my mouth. Please let this child be a tock.

It won't be a tock--and it won't have a severe form of spina bifida.  It'll be the mildest form, so mild no one will ever know and the writers will pat themselves on the back for being informative.

Also, MB plays these scenes like he's beyond pissed off that they have to deal with this.  Not even like "angry at the universe" pissed off, but "I've got more important things I could be doing" pissed off.  Great look for the show's ~patriarch.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

What a poker face Carly's doctor has!  She looked like she was going to vomit, then bolted from the room.  What is there to "consult" with another doctor for, other than to drag out the diagnosis and create suspense?<yawn>.  I would think, much like Oscar's doctor, she's seen less than positive outcomes before and would learn to school her features.  Speaking of Oscar's doctor, was she cremated with Oscar, because she went missing right after his death?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, ciarra said:

What a poker face Carly's doctor has!  She looked like she was going to vomit, then bolted from the room.  What is there to "consult" with another doctor for, other than to drag out the diagnosis and create suspense?<yawn>.  I would think, much like Oscar's doctor, she's seen less than positive outcomes before and would learn to school her features.  Speaking of Oscar's doctor, was she cremated with Oscar, because she went missing right after his death?

She's back in about a week.

Share this post


Link to post

First Type 2 Diabetes, now Spina Bifida... what’s up with the PSAs all of a sudden? Did somebody finally remember they’re doing a hospital show?

7 hours ago, Annamz said:

What happened to Dev's accent? Not that I'm missing it, it was terrible!!!!!!

Sonny said he should speak “American” in order to blend in. Translation: the producers realized this kid was hopeless at doing a fake accent and knew it was unsustainable.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, MB plays these scenes like he's beyond pissed off that they have to deal with this.  Not even like "angry at the universe" pissed off, but "I've got more important things I could be doing" pissed off.  Great look for the show's ~patriarch.

He does that a lot. I notice it especially whenever Sonny is in a scene with Mike. He gets all exasperated, as if Mike's memory lapses are solely to annoy him. 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

will they expect us to feel supportive and sympathetic toward Carly?! Cuz that ship has sailed, people! 

There are so many actors on this show yet FV/Writers just get into their comfort zones and write stories for the two most disgusting and vile characters on this show.  I don't quite know why I keep watching and expect somehow doctors (e.g., Lucas) and nurses (Liz) will get tons of screen time and be the main focus of those stories.  LW has been on way too much these past couple of years.  She and Sonny need a long vacation.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

I really don't think they are going to tock the Corinthos' maybe special needs child especially as I really do think that they are going to name that child Jason.

Carly is hitting the six month mark in her pregnancy. Meanwhile Kim is developing crazy baby rabies. I can easily imagine the show wanting to have Carly go into labor with a former Carly there to help her with the birth and try to steal her baby. See Carly, Claudia and baby Joss.

Share this post


Link to post

I watched Carson baby story on hollyoaks Mandy baby had spina bifida she thought about having an abortion but decided to keep the baby when she seen the people in the village with disabilities living normal lives.I'm sure GH will miss it up though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Diabetes & Spina Bifida isn’t the hot summer storyline I’m looking for. While very serious & important subjects I don’t need it on my soaps. I know back in the day Y&R would do a teen storyline for the June, July & August break. That was when teens watched soaps. Now, none of them watch them or very little do. As an adult I want stupid escapism storylines for my summertime viewing. I know the soaps are stupid in general but in the summer I need them to be even stupider. LOL!!!!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

I watched Carson baby story on hollyoaks Mandy baby had spina bifida she thought about having an abortion but decided to keep the baby when she seen the people in the village with disabilities living normal lives.I'm sure GH will miss it up though.

I thought about that "Hollyoaks" story too, in that it was both a realistic story about having a child with a disability and also had the soapy component where the medical issue exposed a WTD situation and the real dad is currently is in the dark. 

This show can't do either so, you know, good luck.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

It makes one almost nostalgic for when Felicia and Luke just inexplicably screwed each other all summer to the Cardigans singing "love me, love me." 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, TVbitch said:

It makes one almost nostalgic for when Felicia and Luke just inexplicably screwed each other all summer to the Cardigans singing "love me, love me." 

No. NEVER nostalgic for that. EVER.

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Are they trying to be current again.  There was a baby that had their spina bifida corrected in utero recently 

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, blondiek237 said:

There was a baby that had their spina bifida corrected in utero recently

I wouldn't be surprised if this happened. I can't imagine Sonny and Carly having a baby with special needs. It was painful enough to watch them deal with Morgan. I can't imagine them dealing with something totally outside their experience. How will Sonny make it all about him? 

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this happened. I can't imagine Sonny and Carly having a baby with special needs. It was painful enough to watch them deal with Morgan. I can't imagine them dealing with something totally outside their experience. How will Sonny make it all about him? 

Agree. Plus, people have already commented on how uninvolved Sonny has seemed during this pregnancy so it would only be worse when the baby is born considering that the kids on the show are already mostly off screen and both Sonny and Carly didn't appear to be very active parents to their other kids. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I actually wouldn't hate that story.  Sonny and Carly are annoying, but a story where their conflict wasn't about the mob or cheating, both of which they have done already and would look completely stupid for at this point, but actual real world issues of parents who are dealing with a child with special needs.  Sonny could be the barely there, weekend, parent that he already is, and Carly can grow to resent feeling like a single parent when he's right there.  He can be the heavy.  I know it shades into the "Carly is the bestest mom ever" territory, but maybe if she was overwhelmed and unsure and needing support that Sonny was just not giving.... then she could turn to Jason for his always constant support, or even Jax, and then Sonny would feel like he's being pushed out of his family because she stops consulting him, stops asking for his help with things.  He's standoffish for an actual reason, fear, and not just being a dick.  That could be a background story that would keep them busy, but not dominating that show, for quite a while.

This is subtle and not sexy, so it will never happen.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, ouinason said:

I actually wouldn't hate that story.  Sonny and Carly are annoying, but a story where their conflict wasn't about the mob or cheating, both of which they have done already and would look completely stupid for at this point, but actual real world issues of parents who are dealing with a child with special needs.  Sonny could be the barely there, weekend, parent that he already is, and Carly can grow to resent feeling like a single parent when he's right there.  He can be the heavy.  I know it shades into the "Carly is the bestest mom ever" territory, but maybe if she was overwhelmed and unsure and needing support that Sonny was just not giving.... then she could turn to Jason for his always constant support, or even Jax, and then Sonny would feel like he's being pushed out of his family because she stops consulting him, stops asking for his help with things.  He's standoffish for an actual reason, fear, and not just being a dick.  That could be a background story that would keep them busy, but not dominating that show, for quite a while.

This is subtle and not sexy, so it will never happen.

I actually think that some of Carly's better storylines have been about her being a mother.  Her postpartum depression after Michael was born actually got me feeling sorry for someone I couldn't stand before that.  And, when the police came to arrest Jason and she was terrified of being left alone with the baby, that was pretty real. 

And, then after Michael was shot and she actually decided to put her kids first and listened to Jax and convince Sonny to give up his parental rights to Morgan (OK it didn't last).

And when Tony kidnapped Michael and everyone blamed her for being a bad mother.  Yes, she took her eyes off him, but, she was right there, IIRC.  You don't expect people to just come and kidnap your baby while you're on the phone.  And, then she was at the hospital asking what she could do to help for the search of Michael, and they didn't want her directly involved, so they said she should carry around babies in the ICU (I'm not really sure I got the point of that) and Bobbie thought she was kidnapping one. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Robert having gone to law school is complement out of left field and I honestly don't care. "The Scorpio brothers ride again!" So adorable. Loved seeing Mac be competent and strong. Robert is always adorable with that twinklein his eye. A DA who never tried a case in his life? For Robert, I'll allow it. Less Sam and Jason and more Scorpios, please.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×