Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I will hope that the writers do some serious research into diabetes before they really launch into this story with Bobbie. I watched GH way back in the day and picked up again a few years ago. I was shocked and unhappy at Bobbie’s acting and looks. It seems that the actress can’t really remember her lines or can’t assign the appropriate looks/vocal inflections or something. I don’t know-maybe she never was a good actress and I just didn’t notice. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I will hope that the writers do some serious research into diabetes before they really launch into this story with Bobbie.

I doubt that there will be much of a story, just like whatever disease they gave Anna.  Every once in the blue moon, they remember and mention that she's having treatements.  Otherwise, nada.  

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I doubt that there will be much of a story, just like whatever disease they gave Anna.  Every once in the blue moon, they remember and mention that she's having treatements.  Otherwise, nada.  

Meanwhile, Kevin was given unneeded psychiatric drugs at a high dosage for six months and nothing was wrong with him. His pre-diabetes was merely a plot contrivance for everyone to conspire to take Ryan's kidney and will never be brought up again. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Linny said:

Kim behavior (and Drew's palpable distress) kickstarted my secondhand embarrassment so hard today. The thing is, I think it would be interesting to explore how Oscar's death and the loss of active motherhood has warped Kim's perception of herself. But this manic, desperate need to create a baby -- and forcing that need on unwilling participants -- is really uncomfortable to watch, and it leans into the "women are crazy and can't handle their emotions" trope more than I care for. I'd rather Kim grieve and redefine her life without grasping at the idea of a new baby as a cure-all.

This also plays into the trope that women are nothing without children, and as a woman without children, I find that highly insulting, to say the least.

I liked Shiloh's lawyer shutting him down about donating part of her "exorbitant fee to reestablish Dawn of Day in Port Charles." He really should be smarter than that. I'd hoped we'd see more anger and real emotion than his brief outburst in the courtroom. His guru facade is so fake.

Ugh, the Jason/cop/Carol stuff was so stupid on every level.

I get that having type 2 diabetes is a blow, but it's controllable. 

Yeah, Curtis, you tell yourself you're not working for Valentin just for the paycheck.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Was he though?  Far be it for me to defend Jason (ew I feel dirty now), but all he was doing at that moment was sitting in the parking lot of a diner, with the waitress, having a chat.  Plus, the diner is outside of BC, so not the cop's jurisdiction.  What was he being arrested for?  

That's the problem with this show, there are mulititude of legitimate reasons why Jason (and Sonny and Spinelli and Franco) need to have their asses in jail, but the show will have them put in there for a reason that isn't legitimate, so we can feel badly for him.  Mean ole cops.  

I got the impression that BC has turned into Colorado City, where the local cult (FLDS) has infiltrated the police force.  That way they pick up all the escaping wives and return them to their husbands.  

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/25/2019 at 4:04 PM, YaddaYadda said:

I really hate this whole Mike/Yvonne storyline. So he forgets everyone on a whim, confuses people with other people, but Yvonne, he remembers all the time. Did her husband divorce her, or something.

On that...I did think that in the period when Mike was living with Sonny and airing four days a week, the writing was making him as addled or as sharp as a scene needed him to be, and I didn't always buy it.

But gradual cognitive deterioration is a weird, unpredictable process that can defy logic. I had a relative with Alzheimer's who showed this ironclad, unshakable grasp of the intricacies of one particular subject, even though she couldn't remember much more basic things. Maybe Yvonne is this kind of "clarity subject" for Mike. 

(Unrelated, I was watching a Veep episode recently and trying to figure out where I had seen an actor who played a small part. He turned out to be Nigel Gibbs, who is Yvonne's husband/Stella's old flame, Marcus.)  

16 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I for one have no interest in watching Stone2

"Pebble." 

6 hours ago, ciarra said:

And once again, Cam has more chemistry with a boy than said boy does with Joss.

William Lipton has chemistry with a lot of people, because even though he's young, he's enough of a natural actor to be loose with co-stars and really "in" the scenes. Eden McCoy is stiffer. I always see her concentrating, hitting her marks, carrying out what she's prepared. She's so preoccupied with what she has to do that she can't be meaningfully affected in her performance by the performances of those around her. I rarely feel she's responding a certain way because she's opposite Ingo Rademacher, versus opposite Laura Wright, versus opposite Kirsten Storms, etc. 

That's not to say she's terrible. I just don't find her strong enough to carry everything they give to her. There's been such a push over the last couple years to make Joss happen as a signature ingenue. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

@YaddaYadda, I don't think Yvonne's husband formally divorced her, I think he decided to step aside and let Mike be her main squeeze, given that Yvonne doesn't seem to recognize her husband anymore. (Because Sonny made him see the light, naturally.) And I think everyone is letting them go through the motions of being engaged, etc., because Mike and Yvonne would get too agitated otherwise. 

But who knows? That story has been dropped for the riveting drama of Carly's high-risk pregnancy. Or Kim begging any man she knows to impregnate her. Or Joss holding a séance to contact Oscar on the other side. Or Dev coming to Port Charles.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Maybe Kim will seek out Shiloh and... just saying.

I did enjoy Shiloh's lawyer letting him know she is not buying his bullshit. I hope Shiloh and Nelle have a scene together. 

Alexis has zero legs to stand on telling others about how they need to obey the law and tell the truth. Bitch puhleaze!   

• Love 7
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

This also plays into the trope that women are nothing without children, and as a woman without children, I find that highly insulting, to say the least.

I agree that the trope is highly insulting, but I don't think that is Kim's point. She has defined her identity in life as doctor and mother to Oscar.  I know of women who are single mothers of an only child, where mom and kid have their close bond/us against the world/live in their own home bubble type of situation. These women would not know how to function in the world/would break down if their children got removed from their lives (regardless if they knew it was coming due to an extended illness).  Not only is Kim struggling with the loss of her motherhood identity and responsibilities, her job is caring for women who are bringing children into the world. I think she is desperate to feel normal by becoming a mother again.  She also needs something to look forward to because facing the future without her son - while seeing other women become mothers in her daily work life  - is too crushingly painful.  If you recall, after Nathan died, Maxie was all "I lost Nathan but I can survive the pain because I will be raising our baby in the future; Nathan lives on with me in this baby." As messed up as it is, Kim has convinced herself Oscar's spirit will live on with her in a similar way.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

Sam comparing pretending to be in cult and letting herself get tattooed and trying to get Shiloh sexually assailting her on tape and Curtis taking a corporate job (where he doesn't even have to wear a skirt!).  My brain just oozed out my ears.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Alexis has zero legs to stand on telling others about how they need to obey the law and tell the truth. Bitch puhleaze!    

About a minute after Alexis was involved in the kidnapping of her adult daughter.  And was punished, no wait, nothing happened -- Alexis/Sonny/Michael/Jason/Neal got away with it.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I think she is desperate to feel normal by becoming a mother again.  

Then why doesn't she just go to a sperm bank? If she was a single mother before, what objection would she have to being a single mother again?

Question (and I've not really paid attention to the previous story lines where it's been mentioned), but where exactly IS Beecher's Corners? And on a separate note, why do I find the name so annoying? I'm blaming Jason.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Then why doesn't she just go to a sperm bank? If she was a single mother before, what objection would she have to being a single mother again?

I think she wants the same father so new child will be as close as possible to Oscar.  It's actually more sad than anything else.  This is how she's dealing with her grief.  Not saying it's a good idea, of course.

• Love 4

but where exactly IS Beecher's Corners? And on a separate note, why do I find the name so annoying? I'm blaming Jason.

It's... far enough away from Port Charles that that's where Luke and Laura hid out as Lloyd and Lucy Johnson during their summer on the run.  I honestly haven't been paying close enough attention to see if the diner is the same one they worked at under their aliases.

But I guess it's close enough to Port Charles that it would be natural for both Willow and Shiloh to migrate there.  

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I think she wants the same father so new child will be as close as possible to Oscar.  It's actually more sad than anything else.  This is how she's dealing with her grief.  Not saying it's a good idea, of course.

But she asked Julian first so that was never the original intent.  It's just to get pregnant and when Drew turns her down, she is going to go after another man.  I don't think this is making her sympathetic, it's making her look looney.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Hater said:

But she asked Julian first so that was never the original intent.  It's just to get pregnant and when Drew turns her down, she is going to go after another man.  I don't think this is making her sympathetic, it's making her look looney.

Julian turned her down?  What was he thinking?  He could have joined Elizabeth, Sonny, Alexis, and Carly in the "at least 3 children by different parents" club.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Hater said:

But she asked Julian first so that was never the original intent.  It's just to get pregnant and when Drew turns her down, she is going to go after another man. 

If she's jonesing that hard, why not just go to a sperm bank?  I'm not even kidding--she even tells Drew in the preview she doesn't want/need a relationship, she just wants a kid.

Also rolling my eyes while also laughing and mumbling "but of course" that Sam is walking around in circles at the park waiting for Jason to text her.  Guess the kids are, yet again, at the Quartermaine Home for Unwanted Children.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, Hater said:

But she asked Julian first so that was never the original intent.  It's just to get pregnant 

No, she claims she wants to raise a baby with both parents being involved from day 1 (the unsaid factor: she trusts/is still kinda in love with Drew and is in a relationship with Julian).  With both Julian and Drew, she emphasized wouldn't it be great to have all the moments with our child that you missed out on with your other kids/Oscar. With Julian, she spoke of being a family. I think her next suggestion with Drew is that they don't have to be a couple;  if he doesn't want to sleep with her they can conceive the baby in the clinical way and then they can be friendly co-parents like they were with Oscar. 

In the scenes where she was out of it after they spread Oscar's ashes, she regretted not telling Drew about the pregnancy, maybe they could have been a family and maybe she and Drew could have given Oscar a younger sibling too. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

No, she claims she wants to raise a baby with both parents being involved from day 1 (the unsaid factor: she trusts/is still kinda in love with Drew and is in a relationship with Julian).  With both Julian and Drew, she emphasized wouldn't it be great to have all the moments with our child that you missed out on with your other kids/Oscar. With Julian, she spoke of being a family. I think her next suggestion with Drew is that they don't have to be a couple;  if he doesn't want to sleep with her they can conceive the baby in the clinical way and then they can be friendly co-parents like they were with Oscar. 

In the scenes where she was out of it after they spread Oscar's ashes, she regretted not telling Drew about the pregnancy, maybe they could have been a family and maybe she and Drew could have given Oscar a younger sibling too. 

I'll answer in the spoiler thread.

49 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Julian turned her down?  What was he thinking?  He could have joined Elizabeth, Sonny, Alexis, and Carly in the "at least 3 children by different parents" club.

Julian is already in the club:

Lucas by Cheryl

Sam by Alexis

Leo by Olivia

• Love 4
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Julian is already in the club:

Lucas by Cheryl

Sam by Alexis

Leo by Olivia

Who is Leo?  I think I should give up on my sporadic watching.  I am clearly completely out of the loop.

6 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Who is Leo?  I think I should give up on my sporadic watching.  I am clearly completely out of the loop.

Olivia Falconeri Quartermaine's child with Julian

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I hate when TB acts so herky, jerky, s******. I get she’s grieving for her son but what’s with the uncontrolled arm and hand movements?

I think it feels exacerbated because her shoulders are so thin and pointy.

This is just a pointless character, pointless storyline.

• Love 3

I was surprised that I liked Michael today, getting arrested for Jason. The police department is incredibly incompetent, how are they going to convict him on drunk & disorderly without giving Michael an alcohol test?

Why is it so hard to get the waitress out of Beecher's Corners to testify? Have Dianne subpoena her. Have the Commissioner bring her it to be interviewe.

I also liked TB's portrayal of Kim right now. She's so desperate she's crazy and she's selfish. I understand her, and I really like that both the men in her life, Julian and Drew, are treating her with understanding and compassion.  Why isn't Julian or Drew or Elizabeth taking her to have sessions with Kevin or Neil?

Between Lucas and Julian, the Jerome family seems to have a 'loose lips' problem.  Good work there, Lucas, practically telling Shiloh that that Wylie is his kid.

Alexis, if Dianne can fight turning over her records for years, Wiley will be old enough that his wishes will needs to be consulted. And if anyone is used to a con, it's Sam.

I thought the type-2 diabetes PSA was too much. It's not trivial but all those effects, I can see that scene frightening people into not getting tested rather than have to face that.

All these people trying to get Oscar back ... he really wasn't all that much, guys.

• Love 2

BM deserves praise for Drew's heartbreak in turning Kim down and watching her spiral out of control with grief before his eyes. Good for him for going to see Julian. TB is doing a great job playing a woman who has lost her mind in her grief.

Geez Lucas. Yelling "stay away from my family!" would have been sufficient.  Of course Shiloh's wondering what's up.

Michael: "I learned from the best." 

Me: Eye roll.

I'm pleasantly shocked to see two GH nurses have a mature, extended drama-free conversation about a disease and self-care. But the line "two loving children, let them help" made me want to ask Epiphany, "have you ever met Carly?!"

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I was surprised that I liked Michael today, getting arrested for Jason. The police department is incredibly incompetent, how are they going to convict him on drunk & disorderly without giving Michael an alcohol test?

Why is it so hard to get the waitress out of Beecher's Corners to testify? Have Dianne subpoena her. Have the Commissioner bring her it to be interviewe.

I also liked TB's portrayal of Kim right now. She's so desperate she's crazy and she's selfish. I understand her, and I really like that both the men in her life, Julian and Drew, are treating her with understanding and compassion.  Why isn't Julian or Drew or Elizabeth taking her to have sessions with Kevin or Neil?

Between Lucas and Julian, the Jerome family seems to have a 'loose lips' problem.  Good work there, Lucas, practically telling Shiloh that that Wylie is his kid.

Alexis, if Dianne can fight turning over her records for years, Wiley will be old enough that his wishes will needs to be consulted. And if anyone is used to a con, it's Sam.

I thought the type-2 diabetes PSA was too much. It's not trivial but all those effects, I can see that scene frightening people into not getting tested rather than have to face that.

All these people trying to get Oscar back ... he really wasn't all that much, guys.

I thought the diabetes talk between Bobbie and Epiphany was well done and informative. All of the info was accurate and it would certainly encourage me to see my doctor if I had the symptoms that Bobbie has been having. The heart issue is of major concern for diabetics and needed to be addressed. Good job, GH.

• Love 4

Does Kim know how awful Shiloh is?  She hasn't been involved in the Willow story and Oscar only had good things to say about Shiloh and DoD.  Maybe she's thinking of counselling rather than sperm.

13 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I thought the diabetes talk between Bobbie and Epiphany was well done and informative. All of the info was accurate and it would certainly encourage me to see my doctor if I had the symptoms that Bobbie has been having. The heart issue is of major concern for diabetics and needed to be addressed. Good job, GH.

Bobbie is a nurse and should have been going to see a doctor based on her symptoms before this if she knows as much as she thinks she does (see: Brad's stomach pains).  I was diagnosed with type-2 diabetes two years ago and the scenes just didn't sit right with me.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Does Kim know how awful Shiloh is?

She was very anti-Shiloh when he was coming around towadrs the end of Oscar's sickness, wanting her to hear about how he was in a better place and whatnot.  Because of that, I doubt it will be about counselling.  

10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Bobbie is a nurse and should have been going to see a doctor based on her symptoms before this if she knows as much as she thinks she does (see: Brad's stomach pains).  I was diagnosed with type-2 diabetes two years ago and the scenes just didn't sit right with me.

Plus, Lucas is diabetic and she had to care for him for most of his childhood.  Yes, he has Type 1, but I would still think that would have been informative.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Does Kim know how awful Shiloh is?  She hasn't been involved in the Willow story and Oscar only had good things to say about Shiloh and DoD.  Maybe she's thinking of counselling rather than sperm.

Kim appears to want to go on and on and on to someone about Oscar while becoming pregnant with that someone's baby.  No, she knows nothing of Willow or Kristina's DoD experiences, same with Sam's "plan." In the last scene she asked Shiloh to help her "bring Oscar back" so yeah her delusion today after Drew left seems to indicate she believes Oscar's spirit wants to come back into her life as a new baby. Of course, an emotional woman begging for his help greatly appeals to Shiloh's ego. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

So I get what you're saying, but Lucas was starting to become involved with DoD and taking Wylie with him. So after what happened with Sam, anyone who doesn't know about who Wylie's father is would see it as Lucas trying to protect his sister, husband, son from a predator. 

Obviously, this will be a file for later incident for Shiloh because there's no way he doesn't put his hands on Wylie.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Hey now, don't leave his sister out of the Jerome family "loose lips" problem. I recall that Sam mentioned Lucas while yelling at Julian, which is why Julian assumed that Lucas (a name he knew nothing about at the time) must be another relative of his. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

And I'm just now starting today's episode and am sure there will be more annoying crap but right now, I'm zeroed in on Michael. What the frick, you moron? WHY DID YOU NOT CALL DIANE INSTEAD OF ACTING DRUNK AND GETTING YOUR OWN BUT THROWN IN JAIL? Miracle worker Diane would have Jason out on no time... while, for whatever reason, Willow hangs out in the clink.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

My problem with the scene was that the writers didn't have Epiphany mention her weight, particularly since they were hitting hard the very real cardiovascular effects of type-2 diabetes, and they also wrote in that Pip had a heart attack a year or two ago. 

During the conversation Bobbie told her, "You've done a wonderful job managing it." That was bad dialogue, not least of all because Bobbie just found out about Epiphany's diabetes a minute prior. 

Later, Epiphany told Bobbie that she (Pip) has followed the guidelines, and all I could think was that can't be true for a type-2 diabetic who has survived a heart attack, but hasn't lost weight.

I'm not fat-shaming the lovely and talented Sonya Eddy. She can be whatever weight she wants, and more power to her. I think she's a plus on the show.

It's the writing that pisses me off. If the show didn't want to go there with regard to Pip's weight and how it ties in with her diabetes and heart condition, out of sensitivity to Ms. Eddy, they should have chosen another character to counsel Bobbie, or they shouldn't have made Pip a diabetic.

For all I know, Eddy is healthy at this weight. My point isn't about her weight. It's about diabetic Pip's weight. I hope that's clear. 

If it had to be Pip, then their conversation should have included a mention that she knows her weight is a risk factor, and that's the part of her self-care she still needs to address.

I know type-2 diabetics who have lost weight and have been able to come off of their oral medications. There is not a dotted line between diabetes, the associated cardiac risk, and nutrition; it's a solid line. 

Edited by General Days
  • Love 8

Unpopular opinion, I liked Michael today, at least he was way better compared to Jason.

This Kim storyline is creepy enough with her begging everyone to knock her up to recreate Oscar but that ridiculous scene where she was hearing a baby crying then they showed Oscar with his mouth open and a baby crying coming out of his mouth? They've sunk to new lows of creepy.

And really Kim? You're begging Shilow to bang you? Just go stand next to Sonny and you'll wind up pregnant. But Shilow? 🤮

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Why isn't Julian or Drew or Elizabeth taking her to have sessions with Kevin or Neil?

Kim has to want to talk to Kevin or Neil, and I don't think she wants to, at least not now.

The less said about the Beechers Corners jail caper, the better.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, tveyeonyou said:

This Kim storyline is creepy enough with her begging everyone to knock her up to recreate Oscar but that ridiculous scene where she was hearing a baby crying then they showed Oscar with his mouth open and a baby crying coming out of his mouth? They've sunk to new lows of creepy.

Oscar lip-synced that baby's cry in such a weird half-assed way that it was also oddly hilarious.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I was surprised that I liked Michael today, getting arrested for Jason.

yes I did too, he seemed so much more attractive, not that I am into drunk guys, I don't know what it was.

5 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Michael: "I learned from the best." 

this part was stupid though

3 hours ago, General Days said:

f it had to be Pip, then their conversation should have included a mention that she knows her weight is a risk factor, and that's the part of her self-care she still needs to address.

She talked about working out with Milo and changing her eating habits, but the character hasn't lost any weight.  The actor may be healthy IRL and not want to lose weight but if the character had started working out and most importantly changed her diet, she probably would have lost some weight.

14 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

they showed Oscar with his mouth open and a baby crying coming out of his mouth? They've sunk to new lows of creepy

hahaha!  I wasn't looking at the tv at this part, that's hilarious, I wonder if that is going to be a re-ocurring role- Big Baby Oscar

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I wasn't sure KeMo was going to make it through the first scene today without passing out. Talk about zero energy.

.....that ridiculous scene where she was hearing a baby crying then they showed Oscar with his mouth open and a baby crying coming out of his mouth?

That just made me laugh and laugh. That's what they were going for, right? ;-)

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

that ridiculous scene where she was hearing a baby crying then they showed Oscar with his mouth open and a baby crying coming out of his mouth?

WTF was that about? We already know she's thisclose to a breakdown.

(It was hilarious, though.)

• LOL 2

Wow! KM & BM on the same episode. I’m sure someone was fired for this mistake. Don’t the lackeys know that they are supposed to touch, glance or appear in the same episode?! Off with their heads. FV will not stand for this.

• LOL 5
22 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Alexis to Julian: "You involved our daughter?  Sam has two children!"

Me: "Don't worry about Donny and Scott, I'm sure she's not."

Who are these children that Alexis speaks of? I don’t even think Alexis has seen them let alone Sam.  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, General Days said:

It's the writing that pisses me off. If the show didn't want to go there with regard to Pip's weight and how it ties in with her diabetes and heart condition, out of sensitivity to Ms. Eddy, they should have chosen another character to counsel Bobbie, or they shouldn't have made Pip a diabetic.

Pip did talk about eating healthy food and working out with Milo but yeah, that is a huge hole.

1 hour ago, Blackie said:

yes I did too, he seemed so much more attractive, not that I am into drunk guys, I don't know what it was.

I find competence very attractive.  And this is the first time Michael has seemed competent to me. It's certainly not when he's pretending to be a CEO.

• Love 3