Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I am now only behind in watching today's episode, so I shall swing by with my occasional positivity post, because yes, I mostly enjoy this show. 

1. Loving Lulu lately! I thought she brought the perfect amount of Spencer personality in her exchange with Scotty, and I thought Scotty was exactly in character as well. Can I root for them both simultaneously? Because I did.

2. I was so convinced that Michael was going to capitulate to Sonny and Carly already after the bomb, and I AM SO THRILLED THAT HE DIDN'T. My heart absolutely sunk with his as Sonny was given a pardon, and any slight warm feelings I had for Ivy (is that her name?) have dissipated completely. Yes, Sonny rushed to the boat because he didn't want his son to die--honorable--but hello, protecting your young is a biological instinct, not that surprising of an act. Michael was prepared to make that sacrifice already--why is nobody mentioning that! Sonny showed up, stole the glory, and now gets all the accolades? MICHAEL, I HAVE YOUR BACK 4EVA!!

3. Dante has been great to watch, and Dante and Lulu in the hospital were very sweet. I really do love those two, and I'm glad the Johnny jealousy didn't go any further.

4. No apologies--I like Jakeson. A lot. I like how he obviously hates what he's realized Helena's forced him to do. I like that he's determined to remember things despite his conditioning not to. I like that Sam realized that being angry at him for it would be displaced anger. I like that he's got several people in his corner because he seems like a genuinely likable person. He just needs more Quartermaine interaction, please.

5. Franco and Nina almost had me liking them during the LSD injection scene. Almost.

6. Who'd have ever thought Sabrina could be appealing? Sabrina hating what Carlos does is absolutely appealing.

7. More Lucas. All the Lucas.

That is all.

• Love 11

I didn't see the second half of today yet, but did Moobsy and Cujo just show up and demand that Kiki hand over Avery?  And she did?  I did see that she called Alexis over for a consultation, did Alexis not point out to her that Sonny has not legally established his claim to the baby?  And she could have told him to go kick rocks unless a judge actually orders her to hand the baby over to him?  Or was Cujo standing behind Moobsy, snarling and dangling the AJ Quartermaine Memorial Meat Hook to intimidate her into handing the baby over?  

• Love 2

I didn't see the second half of today yet, but did Moobsy and Cujo just show up and demand that Kiki hand over Avery?  And she did?  I did see that she called Alexis over for a consultation, did Alexis not point out to her that Sonny has not legally established his claim to the baby?  And she could have told him to go kick rocks unless a judge actually orders her to hand the baby over to him?  Or was Cujo standing behind Moobsy, snarling and dangling the AJ Quartermaine Memorial Meat Hook to intimidate her into handing the baby over?  

Alexis didn't say anything because she told Kiki if Kiki was going to sue for custody it would be best if Sonny was totally blindsided.

• Love 3

Shut up, Liz. I usually don't have strong feelings about her one way or the other, but she was seriously on my nerves today. Everyone needs to leave Ric alone!! It's unbelievable that she would be so surprised about what Ric did. I mean, I love him, but he *is* Ric.

Yay for more Luke scenery chewing scenes. I love when it feels like it takes 17 hours to get through an episode. How do his cast mates keep from busting out laughing when working with him? Especially with that "Wouldn't you like to know?" to Lulu.

I'm going to say this once and then never speak of it again because I'm so ashamed of myself: Sonny should wear jeans more often.

"You're not going to be able to pick them up because you gave your car to a criminal." I died.

Is Joss dead?

• Love 6

He'd been there the night before w/Cujo and Inept Hitman (on his way home from the hospital) to tell Kiki he would be coming back the next day to take Avery to her new home. Kiki almost didn't let him leave (at which point Cujo said he's her father, you don't have the right to stop him) then told him to take the Ava-scent pillow case blanket so the baby could sleep on it. Alexis pointed out - before the two vultures showed up - that she may have a case for custody. Alexis later said Kiki would have to decide definitely to seek custody, and she didn't say anything because it's best not to announce/better to surprise him that she' suing for custody. Cujo didn't threaten because Kiki didn't appear to be a threat to Sonny's acquisition of the baby/probably doesn't see her as a real threat to their newfound happiness anyway.

Sonny and Carly are so gross together.

Bolded for truth.

Also, given Sonny and Carly's track record with their kids, both separately and together, I'm hoping that whatever else Kaka does, she goes to court for custody. Avery isn't doomed yet, but she will be if those two sociopaths get her in their clutches. She'll make the way Morgan turned out look like Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm.

• Love 10

Does Ric ALWAYS have to act so pathetic? Liz is so not worth all of this trouble. And LOL at Bran Muffin saying she knows Jakeson better than she knows Ric. What a crock of shit.

Why couldn't Scotty just give Helena some fake document that says she has immunity?

It amuses me greatly that Carly is raising Ava's baby. If Ava won't be killed off permanently then this is the next best thing for me.

Edited by LeftPhalange
I think having Jason wander around town for 5 months with amnesia proves how much the character was not needed back yet. You know whose absence is a gaping hole and BM would have been good for? Rhymes with Bucky.

Actually BM's debut coincided with the fallout of AJ's death and Jason was very very needed for that storyline. The fact they went with an amnesic Jake Doe when there was the perfect opening to reintroduce Jason on the canvas boggles my mind to this day.

I do NOT want a recast of Lucky right now. Any addition to the Fluke crap is not welcome whether they are the best character that ever was. The more valuable they are to the canvas, the more I pray and hope they stay away from this sink hole. 

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 1
I'm going to say this once and then never speak of it again because I'm so ashamed of myself: Sonny should wear jeans more often.

Don't be ashamed! He looks really good. This casual look is galaxies better than when Sonny was moping around in a sweat suit and sleeveless undershirt. 

MB's real affection for the baby almost trumps how horrible Sonny is. Almost.

I don't think LW's face looks different. 

The Luke/Lulu confrontation should have been soapy goodness, but TG wrecked it by being so hammy and disinterested at the same time.

I'd rather Jake be called toy soldier than soldier boy. At least the former is more accurate.

• Love 2

Are Sonny and Carly on drugs?  Their lack of self-awareness at this time is disturbing.  How deluded can two people be?  When Kiki is your go-to person for sanity and decency, it's time to grab that mirror.  Michael has no use for these two, and they're living glory days when he was a baby?  Alexis is standing there in straining for polite mode, and they're like, whatever.

I had to get away from this show for a bit because I can't stand the Fluke story and was afraid Michael would forgive these apparent parents.  I feel nervous that Michael is being AJ'd, but, at least, he didn't back down yet.  I really Hope Ron and and Co plan a better umbrella for what I assume is Michael's revenge, but I'm wary. 

Finally, I still believe that Michael and Maxie should be a thing.  That would be the perfect story to save Michael from being AJ'd and would make Maxie interesting again.  This Nathan guy, I'm so bored, so bored. 

Edited by sunflower
  • Love 1

The Lulu actress continued to hit it out of the park for me. Despite her shaggy hair attachments and tiny figure, Lulu had a surprising aspect of gravitas as she faced off with Luke, and may have even brought out some of Tony's better acting moments. I enjoyed their repartee, and was impressed with the performance that Nathan and Maxie turned in too, because the writing was better. But Maxie is going to need more than Nathan's eloquent warnings to own up to her self-indulgence and impulsive thoughtless acts. Maxie might easily expose her baby to child endangerment and stranger danger if she isn't taught a strong and bitter lesson. I'm shocked that she doesn't show more respect for Nathan's training and warnings.

Elizabeth and Ric were almost riveting in their dialogue too. It was good to see Elizabeth move out of her smug comfort zone and get really angry.

I couldn't believe that Scotty gave in to Helena's demands, but he might have felt that more good would come out of it if Luke and Jake had a chance to be restored to their true personalities. However, I feel uneasy that the ends didn't come close to justifying the means.

• Love 2

I didn't watch today, I don't think I can stomach Liz bitching out Ric over Jake.

I mean Ric is not a *great* guy....but he has a point.   And I know him asking Jake to plead guilty was more about his jealousy than Liz's safety, but still.....dude HAS A POINT.   NOBODY KNOWS THIS GUY.  Ok, he was brainwashed....AND????   YOU STILL HAVE NO IDEA WHO THE FLUCK HE IS.

The stupid.  It hurts.

• Love 10

MB's real affection for the baby almost trumps how horrible Sonny is. Almost.

Whenever Sonny is with a baby MB and his baby Schmoopie-ness shines through everything and takes me out of the scene. That is a good thing! 

Sonny does look good in more casual clothes. Now if they free up his curls a little, it'll be all good. 

• Love 2

I know it's a good thing that Kiki is opposed to letting Moobs McMoobles get the kid, but the enemy of my enemy is STILL Mrs. Potato Head.

I couldn't believe that Scotty gave in to Helena's demands, but he might have felt that more good would come out of it if Luke and Jake had a chance to be restored to their true personalities. However, I feel uneasy that the ends didn't come close to justifying the means.

My problem is that I don't think Luke or the Borg's real personalities are much different than what we're seeing.  

Luke has been a giant, posing noxious gas bag for decades, and the Borg continues to have the personality of a box of rocks.  

Would it at least be possible for Luke to stop the accent that sounds like he swallowed his own butt?

Edited by boes
  • Love 6

Well, blow me down and call me Morgan.

I am actually Team Kiki when it comes to the Avery story.

(On the other hand, Sonny appeared to be genuinely conciliatory towards Kiki, with the, "You can come and visit your sister any time you want" bit).

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 2

It's not about raising Avery, it's about Carly being able to crow about what a good person she is for helping raise another woman's child. Bonus points that it's a woman she and Sonny hate and he has tried to kill multiple times. Look at how noble Carly is to put aside her feelings for the terrible mother! She's such a giver!

I think Carly gets off on it.  Probably feels like she's getting it over on Ava.  Blergh.

• Love 4

Are Sonny and Carly on drugs?  Their lack of self-awareness at this time is disturbing.

They must be their scenes are very disturbing yet laughable. When Carly said she met a guy, and uh he's in jail I just about fell out of my chair. This writing is hysterical. Props to MB and LW for selling it but damn its so awful.

Other thoughts on this week

I still hate Kiki and I feel so damn icky siding with her yuck but this is what this show makes me do.

Nik and Liz still have tons of chemistry, even as friends I'll take it. At least there is history there.

Lulu needs a new stylist for everything, why do they dress her like this? Reminds me of a barbie doll, the makeup, hair, clothes. ER deserves better.

Liked Ned and Liv scenes 

Maxie helping Johnny made me so torn loved JoMax back in the day buuut her latest move is beyond dumb

If I didn't already want a baby, baby Avery makes me want one even more. She is the most adorable baby ever on soaps maybe TV

Loved Ric and Liz showdown, such great chemistry there too.

Luke story is still a damn mess, fix it show!

At least Alexis will help Kiki. Sonny and Snarly are the worst parents ever.

While I thought it was a lovely thought that Kiki made that blanket and KA really sold that moment, I couldn't help shudder if Kiki has not cleaned that blanket these past few months. The scent of Ava has disappeared a long time ago.

I am not usually a fan of custody stories but I so hope Michael swoops in marries Kiki for convenience and then uses all of the power of the Q's to take Avery from the Loathsome duo.

Hasn't Michael suffered enough. Kiki is the same person who kept quiet about Sonny killing AJ and also expected Michael to make nice with the serial killer who assisted in Michael getting raped.

I also don't doubt that if Franco was freed from incarceration that Kiki wouldn't mind him hanging around Avery even after he helped with Nina kidnapping her,

Nik and Liz still have tons of chemistry, even as friends I'll take it. At least there is history there.

Lulu needs a new stylist for everything, why do they dress her like this? Reminds me of a barbie doll, the makeup, hair, clothes. ER deserves better.

I like her clothes, they've improved a lot. But they gotta stop with this hair style.

I always like Liz and Nik scenes, provided they are not making out. Speaking of clothes though I'm super sick of that sweater Liz is wearing.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

While I thought it was a lovely thought that Kiki made that blanket and KA really sold that moment, I couldn't help shudder if Kiki has not cleaned that blanket these past few months. The scent of Ava has disappeared a long time ago.

Initially it's about the smell of the mother, then over time it's just the actual article of clothing, material, etc. that becomes the soother. So, of course, Sonny and Snarly left it on the chair. I hope the kid screams all night long. Poor Max, he'll be doing a lot of late night walking.

• Love 6

(On the other hand, Sonny appeared to be genuinely conciliatory towards Kiki, with the, "You can come and visit your sister any time you want" bit).

I thought he came off like a real ass personally, but then again I loathe Sonny so much nothing can redeem him for me. Not even adorable Baby Avery. But him being oh so gracious to let Avery's sister visit any time? Oh, what a wonderful man you are, Sonny! Ick. And Carly is as pathetic as she's always been. Hanging around for any little scrap. Jax needs to come back and sue for custody of Joss.

I finally figured out what it is that I love about Scotty/KS. He reminds me of my dad. His laid-back, 70's style open collar with jewelry attire, his snarkiness, and his attitude. He kind of thinks he hung the moon, and he has no tolerance for mistakes in others. Now I'll always love him. The hatred of Sonny is just the icing on the cake.

Shut up, Maxie. You basically told your new boyfriend you have zero effs to give about respecting his job and who he is as a person. You can't bs your way out of this one. That said, it's kind of good to see them fighting. They were in painfully boring territory.

Still Team Kiki, for as long as she remembers her mother. Only 1 more episode of KA, right?

Off-topic: I feel like I have been cussing way too much here, so in the interest of trying not to offend I'm trying to cut back. Some days are harder than others. ;)

• Love 11

Heh, I kind of conveniently forgot about that. But Maxie really has no leg to stand on here. It's not even about her having any kind of feelings for Johnny. She broke the law, and her boyfriend is a cop. She is forcing him to have to lie and cover it up. And I despise her hair, really. It's bad enough that she put it up like Minnie Mouse, but her dark roots on top of it look terrible.

What do you want to bet Ellie just couldn't get away from the lab and sends Spinelli unaccompanied? It sounds like Nathan thought she was coming.

• Love 5

Thank you. It was so easy. When Nathan asked about her money, look in the wallet and say that there was some money there. Where is it? Shake the purse -- but on a little show. Then look in the purse, not find your keys, and make a show of looking for the car. 

I feel pretty confident that Johnny would not tell on her and Port Charles is not that large. The car is right outside of town and Johnny should be gone. There was no way to pin this on her.

Maybe I should be sad because the first thing I thought of was that she needed to play this off and lie. :-(

And, besides, Johnny's boys are watching the car, so no worries there!

• Love 1

The Liric writing was so pathetic and lazy it was embarrassing. On what planet would Liz be surprised that Ric lied to her, given that he at one point had a pregnant woman locked in a secret panic room for months that she didn't know about? And 12 or so years later, the victim brings it up almost EVERY time she seems them out together? "Its like you're a stranger to me". Ric's always been a stranger to Elizabeth because he's too busy kissing her ass to be his true self around her.

So tired of the contrived writing for Jakeson. He's not even Jason yet and he still doesn't know who the fuck he is or what he's really capable of, but everyone in town is still kissing his ass and making excuses for him anyway. UGH. Because if there's anyone that you can trust, its the guy with substantive brain damage who commits terrorist acts and doesn't remember doing so. Like, I get that Liz sympathizes with the Helena brainwashing because of Lucky, but Jake still hasn't been de-programmed, so.......yeah, still not someone I'd have around my small children.

Another day, another rewrite of Luke's history......blah, whatever. I hope RC grants Tony's wish of Luke dying by suicide, and I hope it soon. Tony looks terrible, this storyline is inane and boring, and with Bobbie being a walking cartoon, Lucky and Laura MIA, and ER as Lulu, I'm just through with the Spencers.

Who could have predicted in the 90s that this show would turn into such shit? I know its been discussed ad nauseam, but some days make me sadder than others.

• Love 14

Sonny and Carly get to walk into the sunset with the baby of a woman they both wanted dead and completely without having to pay for the murder of a man they both wanted dead.  If I'm supposed to look past that because MB is cute with babies?  Yeah no.  Its loathsome.

This needs to be put on billboards across the USA.

• Love 14

I thought he came off like a real ass personally, but then again I loathe Sonny so much nothing can redeem him for me. Not even adorable Baby Avery. But him being oh so gracious to let Avery's sister visit any time? Oh, what a wonderful man you are, Sonny! Ick. And Carly is as pathetic as she's always been. Hanging around for any little scrap. Jax needs to come back and sue for custody of Joss.

I finally figured out what it is that I love about Scotty/KS. He reminds me of my dad. His laid-back, 70's style open collar with jewelry attire, his snarkiness, and his attitude. He kind of thinks he hung the moon, and he has no tolerance for mistakes in others. Now I'll always love him. The hatred of Sonny is just the icing on the cake.

Shut up, Maxie. You basically told your new boyfriend you have zero effs to give about respecting his job and who he is as a person. You can't bs your way out of this one. That said, it's kind of good to see them fighting. They were in painfully boring territory.

Still Team Kiki, for as long as she remembers her mother. Only 1 more episode of KA, right?

Off-topic: I feel like I have been cussing way too much here, so in the interest of trying not to offend I'm trying to cut back. Some days are harder than others. ;)

Young Scotty was adorable, so I'll always have a soft spot for him in my heart.

Sonny and Carly get to walk into the sunset with the baby of a woman they both wanted dead and completely without having to pay for the murder of a man they both wanted dead.  If I'm supposed to look past that because MB is cute with babies?  Yeah no.  Its loathsome.

THIS!

• Love 3

I actually have never really liked Maxie after they turned her into a ditz starting with that atrocious Danica girl and then Storms, and think Maxie is mostly a dumbass brat in general, but Nathan needs to stop being nice to mama Obrecht before he goes on about Maxie's crimes.

I actually don't think MB is that cute with babies. DZ,BB, BA, even Duke/IB are cuter with kids imo.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

I don't know why Plywood is surprised Maxie helped Johnny. It's like he doesn't know her at all. I thought she gave him a rundown of her past behavior or am I making this up?

She did. But Maxie claimed, and seemed to be trying to make an effort to be more responsible to see her kid. So I think it's justifiable that Nathan not only be pissed she put him in a position to lose his job, but for her to chance losing visitation with Georgie all to help Johnny. 

Gah, I just want to throttle both Sonny and Carly - but Carly more! Not only was it none of her damn business why Kiki had Alexis at her home, it didn't make sense to me for her to ask because Alexis had just got done with explaining that she was taking pictures of Avery for her sister Kristina. But apparently that answer wasn't sufficient for Queen Carly.

As much as I think containing the odiousness of Sonny and Carly together in one package makes sense, I loathe that pairing, and I don't know how it's possible, but Carly's smugness, entitlement, and hypocrisy reach new heights when she's with Sonny.

• Love 17

Everyone on this show sucks ass! What has happened? Jakeson is a smug idiot, Liz is even more smug and needs to get smacked, and don't get me started on the grossness of Carly and Sonny. Take care of your own kid, bitch! Even Avery seemed confused why Carly was at Sonny's.

Too much retconning with Luke. He was taken away to get brainwashed when him and Scotty were locked up, but Julian had known him for years? The stupidity hurts my brain. Same with trusting Helena to do the right thing? Oh Nik, you idiot.

I think Maxie probably takes the cake. She wasn't an airhead for about a month and now has started it up again. What does Nathan see in her?

• Love 9

Too much retconning with Luke. He was taken away to get brainwashed when him and Scotty were locked up, but Julian had known him for years? The stupidity hurts my brain. Same with trusting Helena to do the right thing? Oh Nik, you idiot.

Wait....WTH? I've been on the barge the past couple of day enjoying a good book, a Sangria and visiting the Lido deck. So, can someone explain to me like I'm Sonny how the hell any of this adds up or makes sense.

I'm taking an excursion today in order to see shirtless Brad.

• Love 1

Is it too much to hope the show knew what it was doing today, in the odiousness of Sonny and Carly, that they've finally turned it around and we were supposed to hate them rather than love them unconditionally, as during the Guza years?

Yeah, probably.  ::sigh::

It was truly appalling that neither one of them even had the thought enter their heads that maybe the young woman who has essentially been Avery's mother since she was born would need some time to say goodbye to her, that maybe Avery would need that, too.  And don't even get me started on them just leaving that thing Kiki made downstairs, that smell of Ava and probably Kiki, since she made it, in favor of that stupid nightlight that means nothing to Avery.  But, then, it's not about Avery, is it, it's all about Sonny and Carly.  The two of them really ought to just build that shrine to Michael already.  Of course, it'd have to be smaller than the ones they build for themselves, but still...

I actually think this was really well-done, showing their awfulness.  Tell me you meant it, show!

Team Kiki, all the way, on this one.  I don't care if she and Michael get back together romantically or not, but they really ought to join forces and work together.  The enemy of my enemy and all that.

I will stand up and say that I enjoy Ryan Paevey as Nathan.  No, he's not setting the stage on fire, nor will he be winning any awards anytime soon, but I do feel he's improved a lot since he's been on the show and really did well today, particularly.  (Maxie is a dunderhead.)  And, sometimes, I really appreciate his calm low-keyness in scenes.  We've certainly got enough hambones already.

• Love 20

I personally do not mind adult language.  I must've dropped over 100 F-bombs after the disaster known as the stupidest play in NFL history a couple of Sundays ago.  ;)  

Totally superficial stuff first, but is it me or has TC dropped about 50 pounds of steroid-related puffiness?  I thought he looked really good in that wife-beater with the new tattoo.  And I love the goatee on Rick Hearst, yum.  And to be a bit contrary, I loved Maxie's over-sprayed up-swept do. It leaves your attention to fall on her face, especially when she was acting with her real-life hubby.  But why did MB have to have the moobs on display today?  Damn it. 

I can not say how much I enjoyed the two Fluke-less days this week. Nirvana, manna from heaven, able to watch and re-watch and re-watch and re-watch again, so lovely.  I should explain I am TV-less.  I consume all of my content via streaming, YT, Project Free TV, Series Cravings.  And I work from home, mostly overnight.  I like having noise on in the background since I can't just point and click with the remote.  I could play those eps of GH over and over and over.  It was fabulous.  

Edited by 33kaitykaity
  • Love 3

I think my biggest problem with sonny and Carly I just realized instead of telling me that I should like them because sonny is a terrfic father and carly loves with her whole heart gag me.They should be the town pariahs kinda like oldschool Heather and scotty. Nobody told them they were good people they were told they was selfish only cared about themselves ect. Nobody has pulled more bull crap than sonny and carly and they get freakin hailed as the greatest couple.

• Love 3

Wait....WTH? I've been on the barge the past couple of day enjoying a good book, a Sangria and visiting the Lido deck. So, can someone explain to me like I'm Sonny how the hell any of this adds up or makes sense.

It doesn't make sense. You're supposed to just go with it because reasons.

• Love 3

RP did a great job in those scenes with Maxie.  I think he portrayed the right amount of anger, incredulity, exasperation, etc, and he wasn't stammering over his lines.  I think Ryan and Kirsten did a great job, and it's true that Maxie is absolutely clueless about how her actions impact her life.  Nathan is finally getting a front row seat to Maxie's self-destructive patterns.  I also like how Nathan didn't fall for Maxie's "spin" that he was trying to say that she was a bad mother.  He reminded her - which he shouldn't have to - that her actions can and will impact her custody terms with Georgie.  I loved the snark from Nathan at the end when he was leaving and said (paraphrasing) "You better call Mac and Felicia and tell them to pick up Spinelli, Ellie and Georgie at the airport because you gave your car to a criminal."  LOL, that cracked me up.

I am not on Team Kiki.  She's an idiot.  I'm not on Team Sonny either.  Both of those teams do not deserve to be anywhere near a child.  Kiki has convenient amnesia every time she starts judging someone else for things that her own family is equally guilty of.  I can't take her defense of Ava, as if Ava was a paragon of virtue.  Her "I can't help but think my mother would be rolling over in her grave if Sonny had Avery."  She conveniently forgets that her mother started EVERYTHING that went down between Sonny, Michael, and herself.  Her mother is a murdering murderer who murders.  If Ava WERE still alive, she should not be allowed anywhere near a child herself.  Ava is the female Sonny in every way.  The way she's selfish, the way she goes from guy to guy, the way she doesn't think anything she does should be held against her.  Kiki, Sonny, Carly, and Morgan are not fit to raise children.  They are all various combinations of selfish, stupid, unemployed, dangerous, and living in a fantasy world where everything is unicorns and rainbows instead of violence and death.  It would be poetic justice if Michael took Avery and demonstrated to Sonny and Carly exactly what their actions put in motion when they stole him from AJ.  Let them try to explain to Michael that he has no right to take THEIR child away from them because he thinks they are bad people.  Yeah, good luck with that.

I LOVE Scotty Baldwin.  I know he's not a favorite of many, but I love his snark and his sarcasm, and the way he waves his hand in annoyed dismissal when he hears something that he considers ludicrous.  I would love to see more of Scotty on my screen, and I would especially like to see more of Kin and Tony Geary.  Those two are gold in their scenes together and have SO much history.

I think Lulu Spencer was a firecracker yesterday - in a good way.  I like how she didn't get all weepy and emotional with Luke.  She was pissed and determined, and she wanted to hear everything he had to say.  I also like that she was willing to make Nikolas intervene to help her father, and that Nikolas was willing to do it.  I still love me some Nikolas, and I like this side of him.  Helena is still too smug for me.  That woman needs to get knocked off that horse, and I'm curious to know what she said about what happened to Luke.

Lastly, I really don't like Elizabeth.  I've come to that conclusion.  She is so quick to end relationships and jump into the next one.  Now is she wrong for being mad at Ric?  No, but she JUST got done telling Nikolas how wonderful it was to have Ric in her life, and then two seconds later after one revelation, she's all "We're over.  You're not the man I thought you were."  Translation:  I've been interested in Jake for months, and you've given me the excuse I want to pursue him.  If things fail with him, I'll go chase after Nikolas again."  I'm sorry, but that's my opinion of her.  She always rushes for the back door when things go bad and she moves on to the next guy.  I also hate how she acts all coy and innocent like she NEVER gave Ric any hint or indication that she was interested in Jake.  PUH-LEASE!!  I can't.  

• Love 7

Nice crack by Ric at Baldwin about the 'Lizard Lounge Strippers" made even funnier by Hearst's so-so nod of agreement when Baldwin fired back that all the good ones will be taken(!!) if this Court proceeding doesn't wrap up soon. Even Billy Miller at the mention of strippers was all "What now?"

No way that triple play was all in the script. More like two actors over coming mediocre court scene with better improv.  

Mama like!

Aw Maxie you straight up told Johnny that you knew helping him would jeopardize your kid-visitation rights, then turned around and tried the hair twisting clueless routine with by-book Nathan about your helping the 'Mobster Without a Cause' ? Really? Come on now. You were soooo easily busted on that one. And the least you could have done was cop to the truth (Pun, bonus!!) about it all AFTER sexytime.  
#Valentine'sDayFail  #ShirtlessNathanOpportunityBlown

I snoozed through the rest of the episode. 

Edited by scotlore
  • Love 4
I LOVE Scotty Baldwin.  I know he's not a favorite of many, but I love his snark and his sarcasm, and the way he waves his hand in annoyed dismissal when he hears something that he considers ludicrous.  I would love to see more of Scotty on my screen, and I would especially like to see more of Kin and Tony Geary.  Those two are gold in their scenes together and have SO much history.

Yeah, I love and hate Scotty. I started watching when Laura and Scotty were together in the late 70s. I hated when the brought on Luke and knew he'd ruin my OTP.  I don't know how many of you watch Days of Our Lives, but for those who do, I'll add that I want Scott to be GH's version of Victor Kiriakis-in-training. Victor is now routinely inserted into scenes just to call people out for being idiots and it makes the show worth watching. 

I think it's a damned shame Scott and Luke haven't had scenes together during this storyline. In the show that lives in my head, Scott calls out Luke for his auntie-hair and his melodramatic speech, and gives the audience some much needed catharsis. 

• Love 6

I enjoy Scotty.  He hates a lot of the people I hate and Kin Shriner is always energized and present. 

I do wish, if they had to break up Lucy and Kevin, they had done more with Lucy and Scotty.  I'd still kill for a storyline involving them and Serena.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

I enjoy Scotty.  He hates a lot of the people I hate and Kin Shriner is always energized and present. 

THIS.  That's well said, Kin IS always energized and present.  He puts his all into his scenes.

I do wish, if they had to break up Lucy and Kevin, they had done more with Lucy and Scotty.  I'd still kill for a storyline involving them and Serena.

I'm at a loss to understand why the writers left us with Lucy and not Kevin after the break up because a shrink is needed SO much more in PC than Lucy's endless jazz hands.  I've always loved the Doc, and I miss him terribly on GH, and from what I've read, it's the writers choice, not JL.  Dumb, dumb, dumb.  I've always loved Kevin's calm presence in scenes.  He's never OTT.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 3
Too much retconning with Luke. He was taken away to get brainwashed when him and Scotty were locked up, but Julian had known him for years?

The way I understood that scene, Luke was telling Lulu that if Helena brainwashed him, it was ages ago, before Julian knew him. So Julian has known only the brainwashed Luke.  I thought he was trying to get Lulu to see that he hasn't been real Luke for a long, long time. But who knows? This story has been a mess from the get-go.

I am not on Team Kiki. She's an idiot. I'm not on Team Sonny either. Both of those teams do not deserve to be anywhere near a child. Kiki has convenient amnesia every time she starts judging someone else for things that her own family is equally guilty of.

I want Lauren to sue Sonny for custody just to cause him some trouble, but that's all. Just give Avery to Mac. He'll probably get her somehow anyway.

I think it's a damned shame Scott and Luke haven't had scenes together during this storyline.

I'm glad they haven't. It always comes back to Laura with them, and that's been done to death for me.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

I think Maxie probably takes the cake. She wasn't an airhead for about a month and now has started it up again. What does Nathan see in her?

Even when I semi liked Nathan/Maxie I never understood why he was into her. I can easily get why Maxie would be into Nathan, but why Nathan loves Maxie makes no sense. Especially now. Probably doesn't matter now that Spinelli's back I'm sure we're headed back to Spixie Hell anyway. 

I actually think this was really well-done, showing their awfulness.  Tell me you meant it, show!

When the camera lingered on the blanket I thought, wow, they actually want us to see that Carly/Sonny are awful, disgusting people who do not deserve custody of Avery, so maybe they finally get it.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

It doesn't make sense. You're supposed to just go with it because reasons.

uGH, how can you really be into a show with no true canon, eternal retconning and forever changing motivation?

Crapitini, have me looking at Y&R commercials longing for the "Event that will change everything, foreva!"

None of these shitty gimmicks are sweeps worthy.

• Love 3