Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, LillyB said:

I think that they should send Cain and Abel to live with Lucky. Even staring at stones in Africa is better than being stuck in the attic all day every day.

Which actually correct a wrong on the show that made Lucky a deadbeat dad after he was a great to those father before he left town.

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, MissL said:

No!!! Don't let them! I stopped watching. It's better. Then I can still love my girl Liz and pretend that Becky, the trooper that she is, is given better stuff to work with. 

*sigh* . You're right. I've stopped watching so many shows though, even hate-watching. I do feel for Becky. She deserves so much more than this. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

You guys, I hate the Franco/Liz/Jake family unit so, sooooooooooooooooooo much.

Also, Liz?

YOU

HAVE

TWO

OTHER

KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure that CPS has taken Charlton and Arvirio away from Liz by now due to their being grossly neglected.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, drtslim said:

I'm pretty sure that CPS has taken Charlton and Arvirio away from Liz by now due to their being grossly neglected.

Show in my head, Caspian is now SORASed and is living in an apartment with Aragon because like hell he is going to let his baby brother anywhere near the man that kidnapped him at birth.  

• Love 6
11 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I agree. I didn't mind the Lulu scenes, because Lulu does deserve some anger. But Spin? Suggesting Maxie spend time with Georgie is hardly some great insult. I liked Maxie saying it would only delay her life without Nathan, but to go off on Spin like that was kind of like stepping on puppies, IMO. Dial it back, Maxie.

Agree.   I was taken aback at her response to being with Georgie.  I found such solace being with my daughter during my traumatic times while she was growing up.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, drtslim said:

I got it. Zander actually survived! (Hey, it's a soap. Bullets mean squat!) And he took his son and poor Arthur because Liz forgot they existed. They are far away from Port Chuckles, leaving Liz to slobber all over the SERIAL KILLER! and the Chosen One. Baby Jesus. (Hey, the name starts with "J". Very appropriate!)

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Kim and Drew. 

Ugh. You can't have it both ways, Kim. Don't encourage your son to get to know his father and then complain about the time they spend together.

I hated that no one seems to remember Elizabeth is also an artist.

Griffin sent Ava red roses? Zzzz. The world's most generic Valentine's gift. Way to make an effort.

8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Also I noticed that Jason never answered when Michael asked him if Carly used him to get closer. BECAUSE IT'S TRUE.

He sidestepped that rather deftly, even if the answer was an obvious "DUH." Hee.

4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I have nothing to say about this whole Franco thing.

I have to admit, I kind of enjoyed Franco calling Jason brain-damaged and a stone cold killer. Both of those things are true. 

• Love 9

What is the point of Mike having dementia?  Does this tie into the memory program thing?  Because otherwise?  It is just giving dementia to a man nobody has thought about in a decade so MB has something for his emmy reel.  And I have to say, I do not approve.  

I want Caiden to be aged and I want them to loathe Elizabeth and Franco for loving Jake more than them. 

• Love 12
7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I have to admit, I kind of enjoyed Franco calling Jason brain-damaged and a stone cold killer. Both of those things are true

I enjoy it when just about anybody else says it, but the murderhobo who sexually assaulted his wife and arranged to have Michael raped and made the exposure of that rape part of a public art installation can fuck off and die with that shit

• Love 8

Sigh. I continue to remain confused why Kimberly continues to make these periodic appearances, yet I don't get to see Robin interact with her FAMILY. Like Mac, Felicia, Maxie. They started to get there with her and Anna when Robin was telling Anna about what could she say to Maxie; how can she say the same thing after they lost Georgie? I FUCKING HATE Carlivati for having Robin forgive Mooby's ass after she was rescued from her torture and kidnapping. Because life was short? So the fuck what? He still shot you and scared your baby daughter!

Robin should have been at the "reception." She should have been there, talking and hugging Maxie. Robin, more than anyone, knows what Maxie is going through.

That said, I'm donning my HYPOCRITE HAT to say that it was nice to see Robin and Jason in a scene or two together, and to hear her thank him for killing Faison (he didn't; Peter did something, right?) and she told him why, and it made sense to me. And I saw her point or her attempt to draw a parallel between what happened with her and Patrick with Sabrina to Jason, Sam and Drew, but it's not the same. So I hated that. And I hate that Robin no longer looks at SheBeast with contempt. I don't care for them being CIVIL to each other.

I also laughed at the scene with Michael and Jason. And yeah, Jason's face pretty much said what Michael was asking was TRUE. And GAH! YES! YES! Your SheBeast of a mother did USE YOU to get closer to Jason. She dangled you like a carrot to get him to do things her way and give her what she wanted. And still she stabbed him in the back when she ran to the Q's claiming Jason was threatening or blackmailing her or whatever. And that brain damaged idiot forgave her.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I have to admit, I kind of enjoyed Franco calling Jason brain-damaged and a stone cold killer. Both of those things are true. 

Oh, that's fine. But I hate Franco too much to appreciate anything he says. 

• Love 8

Adding to the choir of HATING that Robin was brought back under the guise of being there for Maxie and then actually used to prop up Anna/Sonny/Jason.  Not to mention, I wanted a Carly "I just ate something sour" look when Michael and Robin were hugging and laughing about how she used to hold him when he was a baby.  But, no, instead we got to hear LW's fake-ass Carly laugh in the background.

• Love 7

I like to imagine Camembert has been SORASed and is raising Asiago on his own. They live above Kelly's. (does anyone writing for the show remember that Liz's first born is actually older than Molly?)

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Adding to the choir of HATING that Robin was brought back under the guise of being there for Maxie and then actually used to prop up Anna/Sonny/Jason.

Why would Maxie need her? She has the warm loving embrace of Nina and mama Liesl now. ;)

I liked her scenes at Sonny's. As for her scene with Jason, yes, it was presumptuous of her to say she thinks Sam loves Jason more, but it's not like that's not an occasional characteristic of Robin's. Also I think if Jason had actually said to Sam, hey I love you, let's give it another try and Sam said no, Robin would at least back off a little. But she knows Jason hasn't tried that.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

I like to imagine Camembert has been SORASed and is raising Asiago on his own. They live above Kelly's. (does anyone writing for the show remember that Liz's first born is actually older than Molly?)

That's one of the most frustrating parts of SORASing.  Molly was born in 2005 so is supposed to be all of 13 but is instead in college.  Josslyn was born in 2009 and is only supposed to be 4 years younger, but she is around 14, a year older than Molly is supposed to be but 7 or so years younger than Molly currently is.  Cameron was born in 2004 which makes him a year younger than Molly and three years older than Joss, but he is still in elementary school (I think - hard to tell since the last time we saw him was Christmas and only for a moment). In fact, it looks like he was born about 5 or more years after his father died.  Long pregnancy, I guess.  Jake was born in 2007 which makes him two years younger than Molly, but he is still just a little boy.  Spencer was born in 2006 and Emma in 2008. They were able to grow up together but are both much younger than Joss who is supposed to be younger.  It's ridiculous.  Can't they let the kids grow up together a little better?  I get SORASing them but can they not be a little more careful on how they do this?

Edited by BlancheDevoreaux
  • Love 8

Nelle is an idiot.  If I were her I would leave Port Charles and never look back.  Carly is already gearing up to take the child.  It also may get her what she really wants--Michael.  He will come and find her and then she has him to herself without Carly's interference.  I don't get her end game

• Love 4
10 hours ago, bybrandy said:

What is the point of Mike having dementia?

Mo's Emmy reel, as you later write. Also, social relevance? Soaps are supposed to tackle this sort of thing. Of course, GH has had a dreadful track record for years—I'd say Monica's breast cancer was the last story that had any depth and impact. 

ETA: I'm totally on the Franco hate train. Why TPTP thought bringing that character back was a good idea is a question for the ages. That said, I'm not sure why I'm supposed to hate the fact that the SERIAL KILLER needles the mob enforcer with a substantial body count of his own. I'm fairly certain the families of Jason's victims don't view him with anything other than contempt and disgust.

And while I'm on a UO rant (hee), I don't think Elizabeth telling Jason it was time to move on was so bad. That scene was poorly written (as usual), but I think the bigger point is a good one. It doesn't mean you forget what happens. It means you put it in a different place and don't let it consume you all the time. I like that Sam now pretty much ignores Franco. That's how it should be. Yes, it's ridiculous Franco isn't locked up somewhere. It's also ridiculous that Sonny has been a "good" mobster for years.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, bybrandy said:

It is just giving dementia to a man nobody has thought about in a decade so MB has something for his emmy reel.

I think Mo was tired of being fourth banana in the JaSamDrew story, and demanded his own storyline as part of his contract negotiations.  Mike's the one with dementia, but it will be all about Sonny.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Soaps are supposed to tackle this sort of thing. Of course, GH has had a dreadful track record for years—I'd say Monica's breast cancer was the last story that had any depth and impact. 

Was Monica's cancer story written after Stone's AIDS story? I just know that Jason tried to stop AJ about five, six months later. Or were they both written at the same time? Either way, I agree. Monica's Breast Cancer and Stone's AIDS stories, were the last stories done with any depth, impact and respect.

• Love 1

Especially when one of those former victims is her son's stepmother....well, now I'm confused. What is Sam to Jake, now?

Isn't she his aunt by marriage?  I'm not watching this show anymore but aren't Jason and Drew supposed to be twins, making Drew Jake's uncle.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Was Monica's cancer story written after Stone's AIDS story? I just know that Jason tried to stop AJ about five, six months later. Or were they both written at the same time? Either way, I agree. Monica's Breast Cancer and Stone's AIDS stories, were the last stories done with any depth, impact and respect.

94-95 were powerful years on GH.  1994 was BJ's heart and Monica's breast cancer (which I think carried into 1995) and 1995 was stone's story.

• Love 3

The dementia story could be important and a real heartbreaker. Instead we're getting a handbook from Carly and Sonny on "what not to do when a loved one is failing".  Mo is going to chew the scenery for his Emmy reel.

At this point, I'm laughing that everyone, even Danny is pushing Jason towards Sam.  SBu is such a limited actor, all he does well is look longingly. And stone cold killer.  You go, Drew, calling Jason out for being passive aggressive.

By the way, Jason, carbonated soda water is going to make things worse (except for St. Jasus of course).  The bubbles will make his stomach hurt more. Flat ginger ale, as long as it's real ginger like Canada Dry, will help with nausea and stomach aches.

Why is Molly, who has to be in third year university by now, ordering a soft drink at a bar? What weird drinking law/moral code is that?

Why is Amy bringing up Morgan AGAIN?  That was over more than a year ago, let it rest.  Also I thought that dress made Ava look old.

I hope Griffin isn't idiot enough to go get Kiki without Ava.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, LegalParrot81 said:

94-95 were powerful years on GH.  1994 was BJ's heart and Monica's breast cancer (which I think carried into 1995) and 1995 was stone's story.

And when we had that AWESOME Opening...

1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

By the way, Jason, carbonated soda water is going to make things worse (except for St. Jasus of course).  The bubbles will make his stomach hurt more. Flat ginger ale, as long as it's real ginger like Canada Dry, will help with nausea and stomach aches.

Really? When I was undergoing chemo, anything with carbonation helped my nausea. As well as carbonated Ginger Ale; not flat.

• Love 2

Why does Amy exist?  She just sticks her nose into everyone's business and it's really off putting.  I'm also tired of Jason and how the story seems to be pushing him and Sam back together.  Yuk.  The actor has always seemed overrated to me, and the character is just blank.  Drew is much more...what's the word I'm looking for...oh yeah...human. 

Okay, positive things about today...................I still like Wojo, and I liked Kiki's haircut.  That's it.

• Love 2

Moping about being alone on Valentine's Day just seems entitled to me. Some people are lucky enough to found a soulmate (who is still alive). The rest of us suck it up.

13 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Really? When I was undergoing chemo, anything with carbonation helped my nausea. As well as carbonated Ginger Ale; not flat.

Flat ginger ale works well for things like flu nausea or stomach upsets.  My mother always had some at home in case we got sick, and as a family doctor she recommended it to her patients.

(Chemo reactions are individual things.  I craved tomato products like pasta sauce and pizza, which was supposed to be bad for me.  I also loved smelling a scented wooden rose that I was given when I felt really sick but all scents were banned from the hospital because they make some people feel worse.)

Review study from the British Journal of Anesthesia

• Love 2
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Moping about being alone on Valentine's Day just seems entitled to me. Some people are lucky enough to found a soulmate (who is still alive). The rest of us suck it up.

Some of us don't need to suck it up, because we're fine being by ourselves. I know romance and couples are the bread and butter of soaps, but it's not the end of the world to be single and liking it. Some recognition of that wouldn't be amiss, even if it's done wryly. 

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The dementia story could be important and a real heartbreaker. Instead we're getting a handbook from Carly and Sonny on "what not to do when a loved one is failing".  Mo is going to chew the scenery for his Emmy reel.

Also, the story would resonate more with a character that hasn't been off the canvas for over a decade.  Or if said character was at least being played by the same actor.  No office to Wojo, but he's playing this with almost a comedic tone, a la Barney Miller.  He always looks like he's going to bust out laughing.  

• Love 1

It's playing way too fast. Mike should have come back to town for about a month before he started showing signs. Instead he comes back as a recast and it's just like, "oh hey it's Mike!! He's got dementia! Go!" And while this actor is fine, it would have been better with Ron Hale. This is just a cah-razy guess, but I'm going to say that FV did not offer him as much/induce him to come back for this as much as he could have. 

• Love 5

For a Valentine's Day episode, I found this to be odious all the way around. Drunken Kiki making a sloppy spectacle of herself with Spinelli was embarrassing, and I'm not looking forward to her yet again leaning on Griffin for support. The smattering of Sonny/Carly canoodling was gross, and who can blame Mike for running away from that? Jordan and Curtis were inoffensive but bland, just like their entire relationship. And lastly, I could have lived without being bludgeoned with the message that LOVE NEVER DIES as the show shoved Jason and Sam at each other again. Molly is right, she and TJ are the only blessedly uncomplicated couple in PC, and I hope they took full advantage of Alexis' empty house.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Linny said:

Drunken Kiki making a sloppy spectacle of herself with Spinelli was embarrassing

Oh gawd, she threw herself at Spinelli?  I know the show had Dillon cheat on her, but c'mon Keeks, that's STILL a downgrade!

58 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Flat ginger ale works well for things like flu nausea or stomach upsets.  My mother always had some at home in case we got sick, and as a family doctor she recommended it to her patients.

But  if you've eaten too much, or just need to burp, soda water would work just as well, I imagine. (But I'm from Michigan, so we used Vernor's ginger ale as a cure for almost anything.)

54 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh gawd, she threw herself at Spinelli?  I know the show had Dillon cheat on her, but c'mon Keeks, that's STILL a downgrade!

She was pretty drunk. Although I would have paid money to see Kiki hoist Spinelli over her shoulder, which I am 100% sure she can do.

Why does Carly look so annoyed when Mike interrupted them? They're the ones who invited him to stay.

Ava should have stuck with yesterday's outfit; I liked her necklace.

Oh whatever Amy. I highly doubt Amy wouldn't try to snag someone's boyfriend if opportunity presented itself.  

Ava having to listen to Nelle talk about Michael may be a worse punishment than the scars.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
  1 hour ago, LegalParrot81 said:

I think the BJ's heart and Robin and Stone's love story were two of the best story lines in soap history.  I remember when Stone was diagnosed with AIDS and Robin was tested for the virus.  Viewers assumed that because we had watched Robin grow up and she was a beloved character, she would test negative and our heroine would merely have had a close call.  Robin was a "good girl" and she would be safe.  The producers and writers were courageous and they decided that Robin would test positive for HIV.  They showed viewers that HIV/AIDS does not just happen to gays, drug users and promiscuous people.  Robin was a character we love who always tried to do the right thing.  She and Stone practiced safe sex "most of the time", like so many people do, and the consequences for them were lethal.  We watched Stone die and thought Robin would be next.  The producers stressed that we would be watching Robin's journey while she lived with HIV.  Twenty years later we are still watching Robin's journey as Robin has just not been "surviving" HIV, she has been living a full land happy yet soapy life.  The show not only educated about HIV/Aids it provided hope to those affected by this hellish disease.  I get emotional just writing about this story, I can't even get into the Maxie having BJ's heart storyline.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

I think the BJ's heart and Robin and Stone's love story were two of the best story lines in soap history.  I remember when Stone was diagnosed with AIDS and Robin was tested for the virus.  Viewers assumed that because we had watched Robin grow up and she was a beloved character, she would test negative and our heroine would merely have had a close call.  Robin was a "good girl" and she would be safe.  The producers and writers were courageous and they decided that Robin would test positive for HIV.  They showed viewers that HIV/AIDS does not just happen to gays, drug users and promiscuous people.  Robin was a character we love who always tried to do the right thing.  She and Stone practiced safe sex "most of the time", like so many people do, and the consequences for them were lethal.  We watched Stone die and thought Robin would be next.  The producers stressed that we would be watching Robin's journey while she lived with HIV.  Twenty years later we are still watching Robin's journey as Robin has just not been "surviving" HIV, she has been living a full land happy yet soapy life.  The show not only educated about HIV/Aids it provided hope to those affected by this hellish disease.  I get emotional just writing about this story, I can't even get into the Maxie having BJ's heart storyline.

WORD to this entire POST! And it gives me RAGE BLACKOUT that the show has pretty much forgotten that Maxie has BJ's heart and what this means for when it comes to having a baby, etc., Unless they talked about it? I don't think they did?

• Love 2

Was Bobbie even at Nathan's funeral?  I can't remember but she should have been with her connection to Maxie.

This is Maxie's second pregnancy so the heart transplant should have already been covered by her old OB but it would have been good soap for Maxie to tell Kim.

On Drew's behalf, I'm raging that Jason is "dad" and Drew is "other dad".  Drew is the only dad Danny has ever known since Jason put Sonny over Danny back then.  Danny appears too young and not bright enough to be able to differentiate that Jason is his true father.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

This is Maxie's second pregnancy so the heart transplant should have already been covered by her old OB but it would have been good soap for Maxie to tell Kim.

It was only used in the first story as a plot point for Maxie to be in a life-threatening situation after giving birth, it was never talked about that she really shouldn't be getting pregnant in the first place.  I read a autobiography a few years back about a woman who had a heart transplant in her early twenties and her doctors aggressively discouraged her from getting pregnant.  

But, on a soap, women are only worthy if they have children--or desperately want but can't have them.  God forbid Maxie ever confess that though she wish it wasn't due to medical reasons, she just didn't want to bear/have children.  Can't have that.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Linny said:

For a Valentine's Day episode, I found this to be odious all the way around. Drunken Kiki making a sloppy spectacle of herself with Spinelli was embarrassing, and I'm not looking forward to her yet again leaning on Griffin for support. The smattering of Sonny/Carly canoodling was gross, and who can blame Mike for running away from that? Jordan and Curtis were inoffensive but bland, just like their entire relationship. And lastly, I could have lived without being bludgeoned with the message that LOVE NEVER DIES as the show shoved Jason and Sam at each other again. Molly is right, she and TJ are the only blessedly uncomplicated couple in PC, and I hope they took full advantage of Alexis' empty house.

It astounds me that Jordan and Curtis can be so bland.  He is 12 shades of hot and she has the potential to be one amazing character.  But, GH really struggles with writing for females, especially one who is going to fill a role other than spineless whining girl-child.  Somehow, they take a couple that has so much potential and turn them into vanilla ice cream.

And the whole "love never dies" is so stupid, especially regarding Jason. So what exactly does it mean regarding him and Robin (who, I fully maintain was a MUCH better couple than Jasam, but whatever)? 

58 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

All it takes is the scene with Tony listening to BJ's heart beating inside Maxie and I am crying my eyes out.  What a fantastic storyline that was beautifully handled.

Edited by BlancheDevoreaux
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

It was only used in the first story as a plot point for Maxie to be in a life-threatening situation after giving birth, it was never talked about that she really shouldn't be getting pregnant in the first place.  I read a autobiography a few years back about a woman who had a heart transplant in her early twenties and her doctors aggressively discouraged her from getting pregnant.  

But, on a soap, women are only worthy if they have children--or desperately want but can't have them.  God forbid Maxie ever confess that though she wish it wasn't due to medical reasons, she just didn't want to bear/have children.  Can't have that.  

Well, I'm pretty sure she actually did say it until Ron "maybe I loved writing for babies because I was one" Carlivati came along.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Was Bobbie even at Nathan's funeral?  I can't remember but she should have been with her connection to Maxie.

On Drew's behalf, I'm raging that Jason is "dad" and Drew is "other dad".  Drew is the only dad Danny has ever known since Jason put Sonny over Danny back then.  Danny appears too young and not bright enough to be able to differentiate that Jason is his true father.

Danny seems dumber than a box of hair.  I know he's a kid, but good lord does he have some of the worst dialogue and delivery.  That kid should not be acting.

• Love 5

You would think with all of the #Metoo and other movements, that GH would buy a fucking clue that having a rape survivor paired with Franco should have been ditched, ASAP!  JP, SA and FV should have been set packing long before Elizabeth was stuck with that freak, Franco.

I love Robin and hate to see the character bop in and out every few weeks.  So, it is time to either bring Robin home full time with a new Patrick/Emma or just leave them in CA.   Robin should have been at the reception along with Lucas/Brad.

I enjoyed seeing Jason, Elizabeth and Jake scenes, but that greasy old man freak Franco is like a dead rat.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Why does Carly look so annoyed when Mike interrupted them? They're the ones who invited him to stay.

They were in the living room! It’s not as if Mike barged into their bedroom. (That would have been better, heh.)

• Love 2
5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The dementia story could be important and a real heartbreaker.

The only way IMO a dementia story would have been compelling on GH is to have different writers and for Lesley to be the character with dementia, since her daughter, granddaughter and great grandchildren have been in Port Charles (until Laura's recent department). However, I'm thinking of JMB in the role of Lulu in such a storyline because teenage Lulu's backstory was being raised by Grandma Lesley. 

• Love 6

So I missed most of today’s show because of the school shooting in Florida. Can someone recap for me?  Doesn’t sound like I missed much but  was Kiki really plastered and coming onto Spinelli? I mean of all the people in the world, SPINELLI??????