Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I know I've talked about it before, but I just cannot stand Emme Rylan as Lulu.  I know that part of the blame falls on the writers, but she just seems so weak and whiny.  I think back to 2007 when they did that Metro Court Hostage situation during February sweeps.  JMB was portraying Lulu at the time.  During the name game, she referred to herself as Screw You Lulu and then she showed such vulnerability with trying to help Robin after she was shot.  I just can't see Emme pulling off either of those situations.  I think I would roll my eyes at her trying to sound tough with her name and would just be annoyed with her crying over Robin.  I wish we could see how JMB would have handled the reporter storyline and the current storyline of Maxie blaming her for everything.  I can't help but think it would be less annoying.

I agree. I like Emme Rylan as a person, she seems very nice, but she never had that Lulu "vibe". JMB had it the moment she stepped in as Lulu, Jen Lilley made a much better Maxie recast than ER as Lulu, and she was a temp. I have a feeling with ER they just wanted a "get" from the Young and The Restless. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I agree. I like Emme Rylan as a person, she seems very nice, but she never had that Lulu "vibe" (unlike Jen Lilley, who played an excellenet recast for Maxie). JMB had it the moment she stepped in as Lulu, Jen Lilley made a much better Maxie recast than ER as Lulu, and she was a temp. I have a feeling with ER they just wanted a "get" from the Young and The Restless. 

ER was horrible on Y and R too.  And pretty much is playing the same character even though they completely dissimilar characters.  She's just a very bad actress.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, bannana said:

ER was horrible on Y and R too.  And pretty much is playing the same character even though they completely dissimilar characters.  She's just a very bad actress.

All I think about is when she played Abby as this annoying excruciating princess and rode out on a horse shirtless. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

All I think about is when she played Abby as this annoying excruciating princess and rode out on a horse shirtless. 

Fairly sure she was bottomless too. That’s why she was called the naked heiress 

• Love 2

Hayley Erin (Kiki) looked right as the daughter of Ash and Victor, and Emme Rylan was all wrong, just from that standpoint.  But her portrayal was atrocious.

I liked JMB and the edginess the actress brought to the role.  This Lulu is just so off.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, yowsah1 said:

I like ER well enough as an actress, she just seems so seriously miscast as Lulu.

I agree. I think it was discussed earlier (when she was cast) that the main reasons she got the role are soap experience and a decent fan base. I don't think Lulu should have gone to a newbie, but the show did a decent job with Jen Lilley filling in for KSt and Martha Madison when BH got sick. It can find appropriate actors. 

Again, why wasn't Robin at the reception?! There wasn't even a throwaway line that she'd already left. Ugh, this fakakta show.

I thought the best part was Maxie talking to her unborn baby. It was a nice speech, and KSt did a great job with it. "We'll do it together" was perfect.

I NEVER CARED about Anna's baby with Faison. It's in the top five worst retcons, AFAIC.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Again, why wasn't Robin at the reception?! There wasn't even a throwaway line that she'd already left. Ugh, this fakakta show.

Ridiculous.  And I know some have been hoping for more Sam/Maxie scenes, but having her fawn all over Maxie and her own cousin not get a word with her?  Gimme a break.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, ulkis said:

I don't want JMB to come back to Uncle Frank though. I'd rather they recast. Although I think ER must be received okay in general, because it isn't because FV likes her so much that she's here.

I don't think it's a matter of liking her. FV chose her and he cannot/will not admit when he's made a mistake. I think he also chose her because she was a known face from CBS, and he knew (knows) jack shit about Lulu 

• Love 3

I don't think FV being stubborn applies in this case, I think if anything FV just doesn't care enough to bother to recast.

MT said that she was actually their first choice for Lulu but they didn't think she was available when they were auditioning, but who knows if he's lying or not.

Edited by ulkis

Oh, no. When they were recasting. Mark Teschner said they had ER in mind for the recast but they didn't think/know she was available at first.

Edited by ulkis

Oh! I was about to completely lose faith in him. Wasn't  he the one who cast JMB? and DZ? I have trouble believing that he was part of the "we" who thought she'd be a good NuLu. Anybody who saw ER on GL or Y&R* and thought she'd be great casting for Lulu....is probably FV.  

Having said that, I liked her on both GL and Y&R. I think she had good chemistry with her family and/or love interests on both shows - but I also think she is hilariously wrong for Lulu 

• Love 3

They've always got to overdo the blame game.  They couldn't give Maxie lines that were just a little more truthful?  Like that Lulu had something to do with it.  Calling her a murderer is ridiculous.  Also insulting to Nathan that he had no agency and is helpless to make his own decisions.  And as if Faison is not responsible at all.  It just takes away from the sympathy that I should have for Maxie.  

Then lashing out at Spinelli over a mere expression of sympathy - just not necessary.  

Edited by Kim0820
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

They've always got to overdo the blame game.  They couldn't give Maxie lines that were just a little more truthful?  Like that Lulu had something to do with it.  Calling her a murderer is ridiculous.  Also insulting to Nathan that he had no agency and is helpless to make his own decisions.  And as if Faison is not responsible at all.  It just takes away from the sympathy that I should have for Maxie.  

Then lashing out at Spinelli over a mere expression of sympathy - just not necessary.  

I actually felt nothing for Maxie but annoyance lol.

• Love 5

You know, I continue to remain amazed (and not in a good way) that Maxie never got full custody of Georgie. The reason for her being taken away was ridonkulous, and when you have the likes of SheBeast, who aligns and remarried for the umpteenth time, a mafia wannabe don, who not only gets to keep her children not sired by this ghoul, but also is able to get another innocent baby taken from its mother, because said mooby is the biological sperm donor, I just want to bang my head against a brick wall. Then I remember what show this is and who the "heroes" are supposed to be.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

I agree. I didn't mind the Lulu scenes, because Lulu does deserve some anger. But Spin? Suggesting Maxie spend time with Georgie is hardly some great insult. I liked Maxie saying it would only delay her life without Nathan, but to go off on Spin like that was kind of like stepping on puppies, IMO. Dial it back, Maxie.

• Love 6

Gotta admit, I needed an IV bag to rehydrate after sobbing through Friday's show, starting with the End of Watch ceremony. When GH gets it right, there's no better soap. It was a pleasant surprise to see the longtime front desk cop as one of Nathan's pallbearers -- kudos for thinking to include him. Georgie was a lovely bonus, and Maxie talking truth to Lulu was appropriate (though I was hoping for a few backhanded smacks across the face). I'm only going to complain about little things that include two characters mostly unpopular here: Britt could have been allowed to attend her brother's funeral, and Obrecht should have sung at least a snippet of a German lullaby. Minor complaints compared to how well the show was done. GH, you scored a solid A.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

I can't bring myself to care about this at all. I don't know why Maxie should have to tiptoe around his delicate feelings right now. Or ever. Oh, the Spinelli hate is returning, so warm and familiar. I think the last time I actually liked him Georgie the First was still with us.

• Love 6

I would have been okay with Britt attending.

I think the board tips a bit in favor of Obrecht, actually.

7 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

I can't bring myself to care about this at all. I don't know why Maxie should have to tiptoe around his delicate feelings right now. Or ever. 

Right now, no, but in general he is raising her daughter. Not that I don't appreciate your hate. ;)

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

I don't know why Maxie should have to tiptoe around his delicate feelings right now.

It wasn't about his delicate feelings, it was about Maxie being a jerk to someone who didn't deserve it. Spin made a suggestion he thought would be genuinely helpful, and all Maxie can do is huff and puff about how she'll still come back to an empty house. Maxie spending time with her daughter is hardly some dastardly plan to make her forget her life with Nathan.

I don't know why the show hasn't revisited the Georgie custody situation. It's not as if Georgie living in PC means we have to see her all the time. Mac and Felicia are available to raise her. 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Eh, Spinelli always deserves it, on principle. ;)

More seriously, I cut Maxie a lot of slack right now for being emotional, even irrational.

Yeah, I was ready for Maxie to rip him a new one from the moment he presumed to know what she needed and Mac and Felicia blessed him with "go take care of our girl."  

Just NO.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Yeah, I was ready for Maxie to rip him a new one from the moment he presumed to know what she needed and Mac and Felicia blessed him with "go take care of our girl."  

Just NO.

That surprised me. I remember Mac dancing at Maxie's non wedding to Spinelli because he was so happy they weren't getting married. I know that was a long time ago, people change, blah, blah, blah, but Mac's absolute acceptance of Spinelli being THE person who knew how to help Maxie rubbed me the wrong way. (But -- in the interests of full disclosure -- any Spinelli is usually too much Spinelli for me)

• Love 2

You guys, I hate the Franco/Liz/Jake family unit so, sooooooooooooooooooo much.

Also, Liz?

YOU

HAVE

TWO

OTHER

KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 13

It was only a matter of time until Robin joined the bandwagon of people shouting that JaSam's love is sacrosanct, but it still annoyed me. I need a Valentine's candy that says "fuck this shit." If only Jason could be allowed to take Liz's advice and think about creating a new future for himself. I truly don't get the point of bringing Steve Burton back if this is all he's going to do. His relationship with Sam is played out and boring, and his grudge against Franco feels like an afterthought and is not (unfortunately) a legitimate threat to Liz and Franco's relationship. Something invigorating needs to happen to Jason ASAP, because it's no fun watching him sit around and sigh while everyone else goes forward with their life.

• Love 15

If the women of GH refuse to cut their hair can they at least put it behind their shoulders???

Whatever to Franco. Jason didn't do or say anything bad about/to him. Did Franco want Jason to give him a hug?

Iol at Robin saying, "yeah, Maxie was sad . ... Nina, I don't know her and neither do you but I gotta mention her award winning performance . . . " and then a scene later pretty much going, "Miiiiiiiike! Party!"

Of course Robin left before Michael came in and asked his Carly question. GH writers, you're no fun.

• Love 2

Now we know why Robin came back -- for Sonny and Jason. It's always about Sonny and Jason.  And it always ruins Robin as a character.

I understand that they want to drag the Mike reveal out but it was really stupid to have Doctor Robin there only to have her tell Sonny to take Mike for his check-up.  It's so obvious that Mike is entering the mid phase of dementia (major kudos to the actor) that Robin should have been noticing patterns in his behaviour and asking him about his routines.

19 minutes ago, Linny said:

It was only a matter of time until Robin joined the bandwagon of people shouting that JaSam's love is sacrosanct, but it still annoyed me. I need a Valentine's candy that says "fuck this shit." If only Jason could be allowed to take Liz's advice and think about creating a new future for himself. I truly don't get the point of bringing Steve Burton back if this is all he's going to do. His relationship with Sam is played out and boring, and his grudge against Franco feels like an afterthought and is not (unfortunately) a legitimate threat to Liz and Franco's relationship. Something invigorating needs to happen to Jason ASAP, because it's no fun watching him sit around and sigh while everyone else goes forward with their life.

THIS.

Also I noticed that Jason never answered when Michael asked him if Carly used him to get closer. BECAUSE IT'S TRUE.

At this point, I am so on board the "Nelle and Carly payback train".   I wanted to smack Carly when she told Michael it's a good thing she didn't pick up Avery because she was needed at home. No, Carly, you didn't make anything better at home. Oh, I think you brought coffee out on a tray.  So good job there,

And why is CEO Michael spending all day doing errands for Carly instead of being a CEO? No wonder Ned wanted to take over.

2 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

Eh, Spinelli always deserves it, on principle. ;)

More seriously, I cut Maxie a lot of slack right now for being emotional, even irrational.

I will give Spinelli points for having his heart in the right place. But the last thing Maxie needs right now is to be in the guest room watching Spinelli, his wife and Georgie playing Happy Families knowing that she will never have that with Nathan and her unborn baby.

Also, if you hadn't taken Georgie away from her, Maxie would have her daughter with her right now.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, teenj12 said:

Liz made me sick to my stomach, glossing over the trauma Franco put others through. Both her and her rapist boyfriend can be killed off for all I care. 

And for her to stand there and tell Jason that he needs to move on and learn how to co-exist like Michael and Sam have learned? Fuck that crap. It is not the responsibility of Franco's victims to make Liz feel better about her choice in life partner. 

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Now we know why Robin came back -- for Sonny and Jason. It's always about Sonny and Jason.  

Now we know? I've known since 1996, lol.

20 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Of course Robin left before Michael came in and asked his Carly question. GH writers, you're no fun.

RIGHT. But I also get it because it's not like they'll actually let Robin and/or Jason truth tell about Carly. Jason's face said it all and that's all we get, dammit.

• Love 4

Jason needs to hear from someone that he has to move on with his life though, and Carly, Sonny, and poor Robin are all too busy pushing The Ever After Love Story of Jason and Sam to do it.

I'm beginning to think that CvE is subversively deliberately contrasting the good parental co-operation of Drew and Kim with the bad ones of Carson/Ava, Carly&Jason/AJ and probably Michael/Nelle.

4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Jason needs to hear from someone that he has to move on with his life though, and Carly, Sonny, and poor Robin are all too busy pushing The Ever After Love Story of Jason and Sam to do it.

Which is unfortunate because JaSam is one of the worst love stories ever told.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

And for her to stand there and tell Jason that he needs to move on and learn how to co-exist like Michael and Sam have learned? Fuck that crap. It is not the responsibility of Franco's victims to make Liz feel better about her choice in life partner. 

Seriously.  Liz can (gag) love him all she wants, but her insistence that his former victims just need to let go of their feelings about him is BS.

And again, her lack of sympathy for the woman who interrupted Franco's opening - you know, the sister of a woman Franco MURDERED, especially considering how much blubbering Liz did when Rebecca Budig was simply run out of town - was galling.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Which is unfortunate because JaSam is one of the worst love stories ever told.

not  to mention how boring they are together

Edited by LillyB
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Seriously.  Liz can (gag) love him all she wants, but her insistence that his former victims just need to let go of their feelings about him is BS.

And again, her lack of sympathy for the woman who interrupted Franco's opening - you know, the sister of a woman Franco MURDERED, especially considering how much blubbering Liz did when Rebecca Budig was simply run out of town - was galling.

Especially when one of those former victims is her son's stepmother....well, now I'm confused. What is Sam to Jake, now?

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, LillyB said:

not  to mention how boring they are together

Yep. I also think it's a copout and pathetic to use these characters to speak for JaSam just so they don't have to write a real triangle and have Sam torn between two men. Sam should be the one reminiscing about her dumb relationships.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Also, Liz?

YOU

HAVE

TWO

OTHER

KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m starting to wonder if the writers actually know that, or if they think Caspian and Aral are the names of Jake’s stuffed animals.

• Love 5

I'm calling it now:  Oscar is the transgender kid.

I LOVED Maxie's tirade at Lulu.  She totally deserved every word.   

Why don't they just a "Chuck from Happy Days" on Liz's other kids?  It is laughable at this point.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, TenPea said:

Why don't they just a "Chuck from Happy Days" on Liz's other kids?  It is laughable at this point.

Based on Chris von Etten's tweets (he's the writer, right?) he thinks it's a funny joke that Cam and Aiden are rarely seen.

Why is everyone such an expert on Sam's feelings, or who Sam loves more? This thing has gotten so out of hand. People aren't doing Jason any favors by doing this either.

When Mike thought Avery was Michael's daughter, I was like oh, okay, so someone might catch on to what's going on with him, then I remembered that I can't even keep track of all of Sonny's children. I wondered why Dante and Sonny were hugging it out at Wyndemere, then I remembered Dante spawned from Sonny's loins and I sighed heavily.

I have nothing to say about this whole Franco thing. I mean Franco needs to drive himself out of town and straight into a ditch. He should take Elizabeth with him. WTF kind of BS is that? And it grates even more to hear her excuse the things that Franco did because of everything that's going on with movements like #metoo. So I'd like to take the time to give GH the finger on this. Maybe the writers need to retire Franco's ass completely.

Kim is emotionally unstable. She flies off the handle, then apologizes. Drew should just run from that. He can see Oscar away from her.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, seasons said:

I hate this show for making me hate Elizabeth. Today sealed it for me.

No!!! Don't let them! I stopped watching. It's better. Then I can still love my girl Liz and pretend that Becky, the trooper that she is, is given better stuff to work with. 

• Love 7