Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I mean, Todd is Todd, I love Todd, but Todd is gone from this show. My love for Roger Howarth's past work has no relevance to the current situation.

I enjoyed Todd on OLTL and GH, I thought Roger was lame on ATWT and I think he's far, far worse as Franco. He's done his best with it (sometimes) but it's unwatchable and so is he. No amount of goodwill I have for Todd Manning has anything to do with Franco or GH at this point. At this point I do not care about Roger Howarth getting more to work with on this show and I will never care. I do not care about Franco. Even on Sonny's worst day, this character played by this actor could never have any call to lord it over him. It would mean less than nothing to me.

If Franco exposes Sonny, that'll be a bit entertaining - they'll x each other out a little. But am I going to root for Franco just because Roger Howarth is on the show and Sonny is Sonny? Not a chance in hell. I would kill Franco a thousand times before worrying about Sonny.

Todd got his moment to lord it over Sonny, back in May of 2012.  And it was done in a whole lot better way...a literal pen is mightier than the sword moment.  He owned Sonny then.  And I enjoyed it immensely.

I would chuckle if Franco does spill the beans, but only on the basis of Carly's numerous assurances to Sonny that Franco would not say a word.  Does a tiny part of me want the SERIAL KILLER to expose the Moobster's secrets?  I will admit that, yes.  But as a whole, I agree with you, jsbt.  Franco doesn't deserve it.  In all honesty, the minute they introduced RH as Franco, my love for the actor dropped a few degrees and his stock has continued to plummet for the past year.  Hell, I prefer the little bit of Paul Ryan I've seen on YouTube to this schmuck I am currently stuck with.  And that by no means means I want Ron's version of Todd Manning back on my screen either.  Howarth really needs to get out of the soap business, or at least away from Ron's poison pen, for me to love him again.

• Love 3

I despise Sonny, but he is a GH character who, while despicable, has 20+ years of history.

Just think, if Franco is kept on the show for another 5, 7, or 10 years by a writer that worships him and refuses to get rid of him no matter how much fans beg, he too will be a vet that cannot be dislodged for any reason.

And before you say, "The show will be canceled before that happens!", well, I said the same thing when Sonny starting eating this show alive and turning it into a pile of dogshit and lo and behold, here we are 20 years later and now we can't be rid of the pustulent boil because, "He's a vet!".

• Love 9

In a perfect world, Johnny would get Recording and get released and then get to send Ava , Sonny, and Carly off to Pentonville. Jason would be Q with killer training who wanted revenge on Sonny and Carly. All the Q's- Micheal, Monica, Jason, Tracy, Ned would work together to avenge AJ. Robin would leave Patrick. Lucas would be a doctor and do doctor things, like not switch babies. Britt and Liz wouldn't give a fuck about Nik nor who is in his bed. Spencer would go to his room. Lulu would remember she has a job, a great hubby, and a cute baby. She'd be okay with this. Lauren would get a job that isn't given to her by Silas nor Micheal. Nina would be tested for brain damage. Felix and Sabrina would get disciplined for their stupid behavior. Morgan would see a counselor. Roger Howarth and Micheal Easton would have better characters.

But we live in an imperfect world. Sad face.

• Love 6

I am irrational mad because  

1. Sonny is a grandparent and Carly might be a grandparent before Scotty
  2. RC stuck Scotty with being Franco's father, the worst thing done to his character since Guza decided to make him Rick Webber's killer. It has nothing to do with Scotty but giving a tie to the canvas to Franco. He is an inferior replacement for Logan, let alone Karen. 
  • Love 3

Until there is DNA proof, I refuse to accept the fact that Scotty is Franco's father. At this point all we have to go on is Heather's word and it is well know that Heather is a lying liar who lies and crazy to boot.

• Love 3

Until there is DNA proof, I refuse to accept the fact that Scotty is Franco's father. At this point all we have to go on is Heather's word and it is well know that Heather is a lying liar who lies and crazy to boot.

LOL the most ironic part is that scotty of all people knows what a liar Heather is.I mean characters like Sam is one thing to believeHeather but scott actually hung out with Heather and helped her with her schemes and plots and even once said what else is new when Heather told him she lied.So the fact he hasn't done is own DNA test is ridclous lol.

• Love 2

Carlos is a career hitman, I really don't care all that much about his freedom. But Sonny needs to go down for what he did to A.J., definitely.

For me, Sonny is way ahead in reasons to despise him.  We've been shown years' worth of reasons.  I know we've been told Carlos was the Jeromes' hitman, but have we ever been shown him killing anyone, or trying to as in his bungling attempt to kill AJ?  (Hey, he's the Jeromes' Shawn!)  I honestly don't remember, but it'll take years before I have anywhere near the kind of hate for Carlos like I do for Sonny.  I guess I have a bias towards him, too, as I do find Carlos sympathetic.  Sonny, not so much.

• Love 4

Just think, if Franco is kept on the show for another 5, 7, or 10 years by a writer that worships him and refuses to get rid of him no matter how much fans beg, he too will be a vet that cannot be dislodged for any reason.

And before you say, "The show will be canceled before that happens!", well, I said the same thing when Sonny starting eating this show alive and turning it into a pile of dogshit and lo and behold, here we are 20 years later and now we can't be rid of the pustulent boil because, "He's a vet!".

I think that's a bit apple and oranges. I don't think Sonny can't be gotten rid of because he's a vet. I don't think either Frank or Ron would hesitate to get rid of him if they thought Sonny was bringing down the ratings. I think he's still on the show because they do have a use for him, he does still have some sort of fanbase. The reason Guza was able to let Sonny eat the show alive in the first place because Sonny once was a genuinely popular character in a popular pairing, that still attracts viewers today whenever the writers dangle it. Neither Franco #1 or Franco #2 were popular on this show.

• Love 2

Basically, it went a little something like this:

Hospital, art therapy room!

Nina and Franco are talking about lying liars who lie. Main liar of discussion? Carly Benson Corinthos to the fifth power Alcazar Jax. Nina sez omg Rosalie said Lauren said Morgan said Santa Claus said Carly banged Sonny and you've been a very bad boy, so no Christmas sex for you, Franco. Franco sez no way Jose. I know Carly loves me. She decorated my locker and carried my books to class. Vomit. And then he goes kinda crazy. Nina says i know betrayal. She does. Her husband is a dick. Franco chooses to not go crazy, invites Nina to his birthday party. She declines, citing sex reasons. No, really. I think cake would be better. But, whatevs. Franco leaves.

Hospital Chapel!

Sabrina is dressed in black. Oooh she's Teh Evol nao! She talks to her son Sham Wow as a candle. Basically, she switched Ava's script and used Pharmacist's hatred of Dr O to get Death Script filled. She then went to Ava's and gave her death script. She then lights a candle for Corinthos Spawn and blows it out. It's not that easy to exterminate a Corinthos, but um whatever dude. This takes the whole episode.

Death Hause!

Ava spends the whole episode about to take Death Script. Morgan arrives and says hey I'll be dad if I'm the father, but fuck you if it's Sonny's. Ava says I never loved Sonny. Morgan asks wtf are you covering for with Sonny. Ava says you can't handle it, bro. Morgan leaves. Ava's bald guard is working for Shawn. Shawn is planning to abscond Ava. Of course this can't go wrong. Ava takes the pill.

Metro Court!

Lauren and Carly and Sonny have an odd scene. Sonny brags to Carly about kidnapping the Ava baby and raising it after Lauren leaves, but not before asking how's your mom. Gross. Sonny forgets it's Jason's bday. Once again we talk about Jason hating his birthday.

Brownstone!

Rosalie surprises Micheal in a sexy dress. She says Morgan and Lauren haz secret. Micheal asks Lauren when she and her lampshade arrive. Lauren is a shit liar. How is she the child of anyone on this show? She says omg anniversary surprise. Micheal is tired so he's whatever. Plus, I think he wants to stare at Rosalie's um dress some more. Lauren hates Rosalie. Rosalie is awesome.

Rosalie returns to art therapy room and her and Nina just talk shit about PC. Silas is day drinking and can't talk for us.

On Monday, Anna and Duke, Robin/Jason play Road Charades, and Sonny.

• Love 11

Grrpants09 -- thank you for that awesome breakdown of last Friday. I did not get to see it due to the NFL press conference but I think I enjoyed your recap better than anything Ron could have written ! Thx again !! 

• Love 1
Death Script

This just made me miss Death Vase from OLTL.  if only THAT character could come over here and do some much needed damage around town.

I have to say, I won't hold it against Sabrina if she manages to off the Jerome/Corinthos spawn.  Less Corinthos DNA in the town gene pool is always a good thing. 

• Love 5

Carly: I can't describe what an amazing, fascinating man you are.

Neither can I Carly.

Wow, Sonny gets the town brain today. He didn't think it was likely the car accident was due to Luke but didn't dismiss the possibility altogether.

Robin and headless Jason talking is . . . not good.

• Love 3

I am interested in what happens to Jason and Robin. I appreciate that Scotty, Bobbie, and Lucy, as well as Duke are getting some airtime, even if they're stuck in rather idiotic plots. I'm even interested in what happens to Ava. But I DON'T CARE about anything Franco. The sooner any plot line related to him can wind up, the better. If Franco, Nina and Kiki disappeared the way Scotty, Bobbie, Lucy, and Duke usually do, I would be happy. And then, since all my dreams  would be coming true, I'd let everyone here have free rides on my pet unicorn. 

• Love 1

This just made me miss Death Vase from OLTL.  if only THAT character could come over here and do some much needed damage around town.

Think how wonderful it would be if Fatal Chandelier made an appearance too!  Having it fall on Ford's head was SUCH a gift, wasn't it??

Maybe it could fall on Sonny, bounce off because of the overabundance of hair gel and land on Franco too.  Heaven....

• Love 6

Basically, it went a little something like this:

Hospital Chapel!

Sabrina is dressed in black. Oooh she's Teh Evol nao! She talks to her son Sham Wow as a candle. Basically, she switched Ava's script and used Pharmacist's hatred of Dr O to get Death Script filled. She then went to Ava's and gave her death script. She then lights a candle for Corinthos Spawn and blows it out. It's not that easy to exterminate a Corinthos, but um whatever dude. This takes the whole episode.

Rosalie surprises Micheal in a sexy dress. She says Morgan and Lauren haz secret. Micheal asks Lauren when she and her lampshade arrive.

On Monday, Anna and Duke, Robin/Jason play Road Charades, and Sonny.

Thanks, I almost watched it just to see these two scenes, but then figured you filled me in enough.

Then I watched today's (Monday) episode.

The veteran actors were fun, even if the Scotty love war isn't so cute now as it was 25 years ago. The Sonny and Ava stuff was okay. Is there a reason they can't film with normal looking blanks for a shootout in the studio?

Robin was silly. and boring. How is she going to direct if she can't even act anymore?

• Love 2

Just from my twitter timeline, I pass. Am I really supposed to endure a Anna/Duke/Lucy triangle, albeit as half-hearted as the ones Ron writes for the vets?  Really -- Lucy as the third side of a triangle?  Lucy?

I remember the days when Lucy would try to crash Anna's weddings and parties thrown in her honor, and not Anna, nor Duke, nor Robert noticed her presence (except when they needed to haul her in for police questioning).  Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Uncle. I cry uncle. I give up!

BTW Lucy, you can have Duke. He's all yours. I give you all Ducky!  

And I'll just imagine that Anna's gone off to the frozen tundra that is Wisconsin and keeping Robert warm.

On what planet would Scott choose Bobbie over Lucy? Scott's wanted Lucy for a billion years. It'll be know time before he's cheating on Bobbie with Lucy, so why not choose Lucy because it's what he's always wanted? 

It's like he chose Bobbie because Scott and Bobbie had to be at Franco's birthday because of the Bobbie covering lie that Scott knows about.

• Love 1

On what planet would Scott choose Bobbie over Lucy? Scott's wanted Lucy for a billion years. It'll be know time before he's cheating on Bobbie with Lucy, so why not choose Lucy because it's what he's always wanted? 

It's like he chose Bobbie because Scott and Bobbie had to be at Franco's birthday because of the Bobbie covering lie that Scott knows about.

Just more proof that RC only knows snippets of GH history and couldn't care less about learning to its fullest extent.

Anyone who kills Ava's baby would be doing a public service. I'm rooting for the death of an innocent baby and I don't even care.

Not sure why Lucy and Bobbie are under the impression that Scott is a prize worth fighting over.

I hope Sonny shoots Franco in the chest. 

• Love 3

I do think it is unusual he chose Bobbie unless he just wants to be put first for once lol but he was still pining over lucy a couple months ago when Lucy told him she wanted him back.

What was up with the Anna/lucy/Duke scenes though.Was they rectonning that lucy and duke had a thing in the past.

Oh, I don't know.  Bobbie and Scott went several rounds back in the day, before he finally chose Laura.  They do have a history. 

Wait, what? I was, literally, in grade school when all that was happening, but I never recall Scotty picking Bobbie over Laura or being torn.

In fact, the whole reason Luke Spencer ever appeared on GH was to serve as Bobbie's hench man in keeping Scotty and Laura apart!

I remember Scotty dating Bobbie during his off periods with Laura, but I don't remember him ever choosing Bobbie over Laura.  I do Bobbie faking a pregnancy by switching test results.

Frankly, Bobbie was always portrayed as the girl who'd go to extremes to keep a man (faking pregnancy for Scotts; blindness for Noah) until she hooked up with Brock, who was a piece of work.  Then, she finally found a good guy in Jake ... who, coincidentally had an affair with Lucy. Ooops.

Oh, I don't know.  Bobbie and Scott went several rounds back in the day, before he finally chose Laura.  They do have a history. 

Sure they did, but it was almost always Bobbie chasing Scotty and not vice versa. Scotty, on the other hand, did seem to truly want Lucy. So this choice still makes no sense to me.

• Love 3

It makes perfect sense to me, Bobbie is Carly's mother and Scotty is Franco's father, it isn't PC if your father isn't dating your girlfriend's mother the only thing missing is a pregnancy. heh!

What? I've quickly learned the family trees have no branches in PC when even Emma has sleepovers at her "boyfriend's" house.

• Love 2

Sure they did, but it was almost always Bobbie chasing Scotty and not vice versa. Scotty, on the other hand, did seem to truly want Lucy. So this choice still makes no sense to me.

I hear you it seemed like he was truly still pining over lucy when she came to his room.

I never recall Scotty picking Bobbie over Laura or being torn.

I never said Scott picked Bobbie over Laura, I simply said they went several rounds and had a history.  In the end, his heart was Laura's and on some level will probably always belong to Laura more than anyone.  

Perhaps this time, he chose Bobbie because he has been burned more than once by a woman making promises to him and then dumping him for someone else.  Maybe he didn't want to commit to Lucy, then have her turn around and go back to Kevin.  Maybe he didn't want to risk being hurt.....again.

Edited by LegalParrot81
  • Love 2

Ha, word! I think you're so right!

It reminds me of the time that Dante picked Spinelli to be Baby Connie's godfather.  This scene almost plays out the same way:

Lucy:  But you love me more, don't you? You always have!

Scotty:  Of course I do. But look, Bobbie has a daughter, whose boyfriend is having a birthday party.  Forget the fact that he's 47, and too old for that shit, he's having a party. With cake. That may or may not get stabbed.  Anyway, I have to go to support Bobbie, who is mother to Carly, who is dating Franco. Now Franco happens to be my son, but I'm being a dick to him, because I'm the only one in Port Charles who's allowed to be a dick to him, so I've got to represent for the whole community. And that's a lot of responsibility. But don't worry, as soon as Franco and I come to terms with our father/son relationship, and ugh to that by the way, I'll dump Bobbie and come back to you. Okay?

Lucy: Yep, that works, and then I'll dump you for Kevin, whenever he's available to drop in.

Scotty: Sounds like a plan. Looking forward to it.

• Love 14

Once Lucy took the Library Glasses off, she went sexual psycho and was banging everyone to get them into break ups and mind screwing them. Back then it was more shocking then it is now. Back then three ways and same sex was not okay on TV, but if Today Lucy was written like her character was back then she wouldn't be having three ways, Lucy would be having guys fight club to run trains on her.

• Love 2

Lucy is very high maintenance as well as a shrill, ditsy drama mama. Scott's older maybe he is just tired. Lucy is exhausting. Even with her horror show of a face, Bobbie is probably a lot easier to be with.  

LOL I like Lucy but other than scott leaving town to protect serena when she was a baby ffrom kidnappers ect She was the one who usually dumped him in that relationship.She dumped him for alan and this guy greg Bennett because they was rich and he was not at the time.THat's why it was hialrous when Katherine Bell came to town and lucy was acussing her of wanting scott's money.She was right of course but it was hysterical tht she was acusing Katherine of the same thing Lucy was guilty of lol.

Once Lucy took the Library Glasses off, she went sexual psycho and was banging everyone to get them into break ups and mind screwing them. Back then it was more shocking then it is now. Back then three ways and same sex was not okay on TV, but if Today Lucy was written like her character was back then she wouldn't be having three ways, Lucy would be having guys fight club to run trains on her.

I tend to prefer this lucy than good lucy not sure why but at least this one is entertaining and didn't whine.God knows I couldn't take lucy and her whining about babies and vampires and livvie on PC lol.

I hope Sonny shoots Franco in the chest. 

Yes but Sonny only shoots the ones he loves, otherwise he sends Shawn and we all know how his aim is. (Any bullets that hit their targets today were most likely fired by Sonny's other goons.)

ETA: I forgot Sonny shot AJ. I think my mind intentionally blanked it out because it still hasn't come out yet. Or my mind is going from watching the daily dreck on my TV

Edited by tveyeonyou

I kind of liked today's show b/c several stalled stories are starting to move a little.

I did get a laugh out of Shawn's blind shooting out the door, yep ya'll are right Shawn has zero aim.

Ava and her non-pill taking was about the death of me, how long were those "wacky hijinks" with Ava and a pill going to last! RME

i'm still unclear did she take the damn thing or not? I think not she's going to lose the baby b/c of stress and Sabrina will think SHE really killed the baby.gah!

I want to see Franco go all BSC!

Kiki can't even manage to lie or tell the truth properly, she really is useless!

• Love 3

There's an Avis car rental place two blocks away from the Crichton-Clark Hospital for People Who Used to Be Dead or In a Coma. 

I think I got a coupon for that in my Weekly Advertiser.

• Love 5

Just from my twitter timeline, I pass. Am I really supposed to endure a Anna/Duke/Lucy triangle, albeit as half-hearted as the ones Ron writes for the vets?  Really -- Lucy as the third side of a triangle?  Lucy?

I remember the days when Lucy would try to crash Anna's weddings and parties thrown in her honor, and not Anna, nor Duke, nor Robert noticed her presence (except when they needed to haul her in for police questioning).  Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Uncle. I cry uncle. I give up!

BTW Lucy, you can have Duke. He's all yours. I give you all Ducky!  

And I'll just imagine that Anna's gone off to the frozen tundra that is Wisconsin and keeping Robert warm.

I think RC really wants Robert to make the opposite trek. She outright said today "well if they don't want you in Wisconsin you're always welcome back in Port Charles."

The icy glare that Bobbie shot Carly when Carly claimed she used to be a monster was hilarious.

I guess Bobbie was as appalled as Carly trying to compare her (Carly's) history to Franco's as I was. 

Why would Duke care about Anna not telling him about Faison's exact fate?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

I did get a laugh out of Shawn's blind shooting out the door, yep ya'll are right Shawn has zero aim.

And dip stick Max parks Ava in a chair directly across from the front door.  I was hoping maybe Ava would be hit by one of the bullets flying through the particle board.  Would love to see Max explain that one to the boss.

I'm already sick of Jason.

NULOCH lives.

KiKi really needs to go to university in Switzerland and die in an avalanche.

Franco needs to die too, but first he has to spill the beans about Sonny.

• Love 5