Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I haven't watched a full show in weeks.

But what the fuck.  THIS is how they are writing out Jane fucking Elliot?   Seriously?  I guess I shouldn't be surprised since this show treats its vets like shit, but my god.   They had plenty of time to write a decent story, and they went with this Samira chick? 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:
1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

a sex tape

Isn't it more than that, though

It was so stupid.  Carly had video of Paul and Ava having sex.  So what?  An art gallery owner and the DA.  It's not like either are married or in a relationship.  But Carly made it sound like if the Jerome organization found out that she was sleeping with a lawyer, than they'd be out to get her, so Ava ran scared and gave them Avery.  I doubt Biff or Hammer or whoever was working for Julian at the time would have given a crap who Ava was sleeping.  So stupid.  

• Love 1

Billy's face at the end of the show summed up my feelings on the whole show. I wonder if that was really alcohol in that glass cause we all need it.

This show so cheap they had Kelly wearing that wet ass shirt the whole show after she used it as a dishcloth to wipe up the spilled Tequila on the book.

• Love 5

I am really getting tired of this stupid Jake storyline and it hasn't even really started. Nothing about it makes sense. Like you can't retwrite a story that happened like a year or so ago. 

Look, Liz might not be my cup of tea when she is not with Lucky but give this girl other storyline that does not involve Jason or Franco. Honestly, she has been in this show for over two decades, I think she deserves to have at least one storyline that is about her and her other children. Have Cameron Soras'ed and causing as much chaos in her life as he can. Make Cameron hate the freak or something useful. I am just tired of seeing Jake only.  Also, I would like for her to some family around too. Someone besides Hayden. She is way too isolated with that creepy ass freak. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, ciarra said:

And he was an idiot for giving Samira anything more than a plane ticket home.  $10000?  That'll teach her to con people.

I changed my mind.  A plane ticket home would be too good for her.  Prison.  Yeah, that's what I want for Samira and her imaginary dodder.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lillybee said:

Sonny's new love interest is almost a Brenda bot.

I thought it was Samira at first, having a celebratory drink before jetting home. The woman sounded as if she had done this before, and I am wondering if she is a hooker looking to drug and then rob Sonny of his bling and wallet. She practically had a script, and smoothly matched everything he revealed about himself. She was looking for a high- roller.

• Love 1
(edited)

Yesterday was like watching a sexier version of Fred (hello Ned) give the wrap up of an episode of Scooby Doo. I had second hand embarrassment for them all. Poor Jane. I knew Jelly couldn't do her justice. RC liked Tracy and seemed to love Jane- he gave her Joe Scully, after all. RC would have done it right. IDC about how he wrote TG's exit. He woulda done better for Jane than these two WOMEN writers. Oh, and show? Larry Ashton would never scurry out of a room like a rat. He was a schemer but NOT a coward. He was a freeloader, but he cared about the Qs and his son and ex wife. Trashing a character, even a recurring one, to fit the plot, is proof of your lack of understanding of these characters, this show, and your viewing audience. It's also a basic rule of thumb to NEVER do when telling a story. I was expecting bottom barrel for JE's exit. Somehow Jelly, you surpassed it and went even lower. 

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 9
On 4/27/2017 at 5:05 PM, TeeVee329 said:

So is Carly's lawyer really going to be some dayplayer? 

I figured it would be Nora.

10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Thinking about it, I do wonder, whether subconsciously or not on the writers' part, Ned being the one to work out Larry's scheme and send Samira packing was an effort to strength (the recurring, mostly off-screen) Ned to step somewhat into Tracy's role when she leaves.  I could see a scene later this week where Tracy's all, "I trust you to look after the family's best interests" or something.

I felt the writers were intentionally Q-ing up Ned to be the strong Quartermaine once Tracy is off the canvas. 

4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh Joss, sweetie, I wish I could believe you when you say you're never going to forgive Sonny, but all we have to do is look to your big brother Michael to know how that promise'll pan out. #sigh

Aside from that, today was a snooze from top to bottom.

If this show weren't always trying to canonize Sonny, I would say I think they're intentionally developing an antagonistic relationship between Joss and her step-father, which could pay off for years, but nothing I've seen so far convinces me they think that far ahead.

4 hours ago, ulkis said:

Yeah. If anything, I question why they didn't just send off Nathan with her.

So not-Anna could encounter him shirtless, silly.

43 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

I thought it was Samira at first, having a celebratory drink before jetting home. The woman sounded as if she had done this before, and I am wondering if she is a hooker looking to drug and then rob Sonny of his bling and wallet. She practically had a script, and smoothly matched everything he revealed about himself. She was looking for a high- roller.

I'm wondering if it's another law-enforcement type.  They seem to come to town every few years when Sonny is on the outs with the members of his harem, and they're dead set ready to get the goods on Sonny, but instead Sonny gives them the mistress treatment and they end up sad, corrupt, and ineffectual, and really sorry they ever thought ill of the poor crime lord. Ugh.

• Love 2

Don't know if anyone else noticed... but Valentin's description of Saint Thérèse of Lisieux was totally wrong. She is the patron saint of THE missions, as in religious missionaries. It's completely different from missions in the sense of spies and secret agents and whatnot.

• Love 8
(edited)
5 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Is there a reason Liz has to be so snarky and bitchy all the time? She made it sound like she couldn't possibly understand why Jake wouldn't want to go away with Franco and her and wanted to stay in town so he wouldn't be away from "you guys" and "your kids". Jason, Sam, Danny and Scout are his father, stepmother and siblings, they aren't random people, Liz. Geez.

Liz thinks Jake, for a little while at least, is choosing his dad and dad's wife/her former rival over his own mother and mother's (creepy) boyfriend - just a few weeks (?) after Jason threatens to go to court for custody because he's angry about Franco being around Jake so much. Liz desperately wants to believe her relationship is healthy and all 3 sons are totally happy spending time with her and Franco, so any evidence to suggest that is not the case pushes buttons on all her insecurities.  She may even think Jason is influencing Jake in some way to want to be around them, and not around Franco (without actually saying "I hate Franco; stay away from him, son.") 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Is there a reason Liz has to be so snarky and bitchy all the time? She made it sound like she couldn't possibly understand why Jake wouldn't want to go away with Franco and her and wanted to stay in town so he wouldn't be away from "you guys" and "your kids". Jason, Sam, Danny and Scout are his father, stepmother and siblings, they aren't random people, Liz. Geez.

She didn't seem bitchy and snarky to me--just reiterated what Jake said.  Sam immediately agreed with her that it sounded like an excuse and not what his real issue with going away was.   I actually thought for a change all four were acting like adults.

• Love 10

Carly and Sonny are the very definition of a dysfunctional relationship.  They snipe and they fight when they're on the outs but the fighting itself is so that they can stay connected to each other.  Even Joss can see it, poor kid. I think Carly is sending her away for two months to Jax so that she doesn't interrupt Carly's fights with Sonny to point out how they hypocrisy.

Other than that, a very boring episode. I'm already tired of the chimera.

• Love 3

So the Haunted Star is now a floating hotel, with old-timey Motel 6 plastic key fobs?  I hope she gives Sonny an STD. 

I thought Chimera meant "two faces", like the kitty faces that are half black half orange with one blue eye and one yellow eye that keep showing up online.  And the "two face" character here is Jason, with his old and new face.

Move it along NotAnna and Weepy!Valentin.  You're both boring.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, lolziceprincess said:

...Valentin's description of Saint Thérèse of Lisieux was totally wrong. She is the patron saint of THE missions, as in religious missionaries. It's completely different from missions in the sense of spies and secret agents and whatnot.

Correct; I also rolled my eyes at his man-splaining. Actually the patron saint of spies and secret agents is said to be Joshua, "one of the twelve spies sent by Moses to reconnoiter the land of Canaan as the Israelites left Egypt on their exodus. Joshua and Caleb were the only two who had confidence in God and would recommended a direct attack. Because of their faith and trust they were exempt from the condemnation of that generation to death in the wilderness." Joshua was designated to be the leader after Moses.

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

RC liked Tracy and seemed to love Jane- he gave her Joe Scully, after all.

A wooden-toothed, lisping rapist! No, I'm not over it.

I do think Ron liked Tracy a lot. I just think he often wrote the same Goodbye Luke! scene for her over and over, and then kept humiliating her later on a la Dorian on OLTL - because he knew the character (which he loved but often misused) could take it and the actor could play the hell out of it.

What the fuck is "Chimera"? The story, not the definition of the word.

Old-ass Ned suddenly deciding to be a Quatermaine is the dumbest fucking thing I've heard since that time Saxo-ma-phone Man Coltin Scott Nik randomly declared he was now "Nick Spencer!"

8 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Did Sonny actually say "Get ready for this" as he was about to have sex with some random woman in the previews?

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3
On Monday, May 01, 2017 at 2:28 PM, LexieLily said:

Why not? It can't be more nonsensical than it already is.

Don't challenge this show. They will take that challenge and run with it.

11 hours ago, Vella said:

Joss' yelling at Sonny was a let down and it was no surprise that Carly is already making excuses for Sonny.  Trying to sell Sonny as loving Joss and that snitching on Jax to ICE was not an attack on Joss as well is a joke. I'm glad, at least, that Joss did not buy Carly's bullshit.

Chimera. Fucking shut up about that stupid thing already.

Yep. Joss needs to be planning revenge on Sonny. Nobody should be messing ChildrenOfTheCornJoss. Joss should be a kid along the lines of Starr Manning in her great schemes years. Sonny should have to deal with a murderously angry Joss. She just lost her beloved grandmother (who was also close Morgan) and now Sonny just got selfish and pissed about Jax and Carly's relationship. 

8 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Meh, I don't see it that way. Liz knows that Jake had been wanting to do the whole camping thing and suddenly he is scrambling for excuses not to go. So that is a tad suspicious with this new chimera crap coming up.

• Love 4

how stupid was that painting story? a big con because ashton wanted money. he looked like a cartoon character when he ran out.  now that tracy can keep it where she will go.

the chimera is a mthyological character or a person with an absored twin. so what will happen on jakes birthday because of it. 

why cant nina hire a p.i. she's rich. the writer's are really stretching to keep nell on the show.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

I was disappointed in Joss' lackluster beratement of Sonny.  Frankly Joss, daughter of Snarly, I expected more from you.

I was more disappointed by Carly/Show's justification of Sonny's spitefulness. Nelle got more flak for hurting family, even by Michael. And now, I-Have-Gas Grinning Sonny is totally justified in sleeping with WhoTheHellCares.

Scotty gave the best advice. Ava should have every right at shared custody, and she has it officially, but Sonny and Carly have browbeat and manipulated Ava into whatever visitation rights that they whim. So, the best move is not to play.

Sonny could be drinking the blood of his rivals from their skulls in the middle of the Metro Court, and Carly would still justify it, and Diane would sue anyone persecuting Sonny for trying to violate his 1st Amendment rights.

Disappointed that the chimera didn't ring a bell with Franco. *tosses Not!Franco Theory into the barware*

15 minutes ago, lor said:

why cant nina hire a p.i. she's rich.

Who would PI for Nina against Valentin? Spinelli is in Oregon, Brick works for Sonny, Sam is too busy with the Jason/Jake drama. Curtis?

• Love 3

What I want to know is, how come NotDeadJake is suddenly so afraid of Jason's old face, WHEN LIEZ KEPT A PICTURE OF THE TWO OF THEM ON HER MANTEL?? Jeebus, how many times did the damn camera pan to that pic during the Jakeson saga? How many times did that creepy kid bounce past that stupid, inappropriate pic before the house blew up?

Go away, Roger Howarth. Just go the fuck away.

• Love 10

Will someone please give Billy Miller a cup of coffee?  His acting tics don't mesh well with my rage boiling when Franco (worst GH character ever*) is in a scene with Liz, any child, and especially Sam.  His acting choices were fine when the character was playing an amnesia victim, but now he is playing his scenes as if someone is interrupting his football or gaming time.  Show is so bad now, that I think that I'd rather spend 2-3 pm watching the actors interact behind the scenes than the product that ends up on the idiot box. 

*Sonny hovers nearby.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, Badsamaritan said:

Go away, Roger Howarth. Just go the fuck away.

My new coffee mug and matching T-shirt!

• Love 10

Old-ass Ned suddenly deciding to be a Quatermaine is the dumbest fucking thing I've heard since that time Saxo-ma-phone Man Coltin Scott Nik randomly declared he was now "Nick Spencer!"

Oh, God. Coltin in his whiny adenoidal voice shrieking at Helena that he was "Nick Spencer!" Not to get too "history thread" about it, but that year or so of Megan McTavish as head writer was so bad it almost wrapped around to being good.  

That sex-tape story with Paul and Ava was a confusing mess, so it's no wonder we all remember it differently. But the way I remember it, Ava totally called Carly's bluff and said, "So what? Broadcast it all over the world for all I care. Adults have sex, Carly," and some other snark. It was Paul who forced her to knuckle under, because...something about his reputation, public figure, something? (I still wish so fervently that she had said to Carly, "I'm just glad you didn't find the identical tape I made with Morgan.")

I see "chimera" is going to be the "Derisifol" of 2017.  

• Love 3
(edited)

Ava/Paul sex tape - I think it was supposed to be damaging to his reputation because the sex was mildly kinky? But he's in jail now for serial killing, so....

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, lolziceprincess said:

Don't know if anyone else noticed... but Valentin's description of Saint Thérèse of Lisieux was totally wrong. She is the patron saint of THE missions, as in religious missionaries. It's completely different from missions in the sense of spies and secret agents and whatnot.

Actually Valentin started talking and I dozed off....

That's all I can say on this story line

(congrats to those of you who stay awake AND notice the discrepancies)

19 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Did Sonny actually say "Get ready for this" as he was about to have sex with some random woman in the previews? I know he has an ego, but good Lord! Yes, dayplayer lady get ready for the most disappointing minute of your life. But, if all goes in your favor, Sonny will whisk you off to the island he takes all of his non-wives and maybe there you'll meet a man who doesn't just lie there and let you do all the work.

He said "Are you ready for this?"

Homer's description of a Chimera: "a thing of immortal make, not human, lion-fronted and snake behind, a goat in the middle,[3] and snorting out the breath of the terrible flame of bright fire."

• Love 1

But is this Chimera plot supposed to be genetics or mythological? or both?

And if it's genetics, who's the chimera? Jake or Charlotte?

If it's mythological, can someone actually turn into a chimera and devour Sonny, Jason, Franco & Carly?

• Love 6

So did someone leave a bookmark in the Ch section of the dictionary?  Before we had the Chupacabra.  Now we get Chimera.  Oh goodie.

Jane's last week and she wasn't even in this episode.  JE deserved to be on every day for her exit story but instead we get random hookup Sonny, with a mystery brunette, sort of Brenda type.  Who I'm also guessing is the divorce attorney. Unless HBS shot a bunch more scenes we don't know about; that was an awfully quick appearance in the Valentine story and was hardly worth the visit.

• Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, jsbt said:

I'm disappointed that this was not actually playing over the scene. Surely it can't be that expensive to procure the rights to!

ugh, I blocked that out. THANKS.

A chimera is some dumb drawing Jake drew and Franco's trying to make them think it's freaky.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

Wow.  I did not remember posting that about JE yesterday.  LOL, sorry for all the f bombs.  I know it's not PG here, but that was over the top even for me.

I am home with pneumonia.  That Hycotuss really hits you.   However, my point does stand.  This is a shitty exit for a soap legend.  I am sure Jane danced her way out of this shit show.

• Love 3

I'm really gonna miss Tracy Quartermaine! She is a legend indeed. She was this show's original bad girl, long before the likes of Lucy Coe, Brenda Barrett, Carly Benson, Claudia Zaccharra, Hayden (Rachel) Barnes, Ava Jerome, Olivia Jerome, etc. Unlike all of these "bad girls" who appeared after her, Tracy was a bad girl with an actual touch of class. And she had such a gift of telling people off and reading them for filth. Viva la Tracy! You will be missed.

• Love 17

Sonny's latest ONS is Carly's lawyer, last name Morales. Can't help but be reminded that Maurice Benard's real name is Mauricio Morales. So much ugh. The meeting today should be interesting. I hope Sonny is drinking water and does a spit-take (a la AJ over Michael "sleeping" with Brenda) when he's introduced!

Ned Quartermaine! I wonder if the show is going to attempt to revitalize the Q clan with new Q family members? I still think Nelle is one. I also wouldn't mind AJ coming back from the dead, AGAIN! Sounds like Nathan and Maxie are done already. He's really unappealing in moping mode.

• Love 3

Can't believe how much of Tracy's second-to-last episode got eaten up by Sonny, Carly, and the latest Brenda!Bot.  And how gross that Carly got sent from person to person being lectured about why she shouldn't divorce Sonny.  Why is it Carly's responsibility to put his broken ass back together?

• Love 7

Ned Quartermaine!! I love it. But my fear is that once Tracy's gone, the Quartermaines will fade into the background. I wish they'd bring in Brook Lynn or someone to strengthen the family presence.

Cheer up, Sonny. You may have banged Carly's lawyer, but at least you managed to do it in a private bedroom rather than the first available flat surface. The Quartermaine crypt is resting easy knowing you're nowhere near.

"You and Maxie are solid." Yep, solid like a mighty oak. Is there any reason Nathan won't consider moving to Portland? 

The bright side to Tracy's departure is that Monica will shut up about the house being her's, not Tracy's. The writers are apparently under the mistaken impression that Monica's beating of this dead horse is amusing, when actually it's beyond tiresome.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, tricknasty said:

He said "Are you ready for this?"

My mind went immediately to a dirty level, 'cause I thought Sonny meant it literally....

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
sp

I don't know what the rules are for ethics for lawyers but shouldn't Diane berating the client on the other side to drop the case before Carly's lawyer gets there be against ethical rules?  And should ONS ow recuse herself for having a per-exisiting relationship with the other client?

Also STFU Olivia.  Tracy doesn't have to serve food when you want just because you're a caricature of a lower class Italian mother.

What a wretched lack of respect for JE's last episodes.  At least Monica looked shocked that she would no longer be able to rag on Tracy even if the joke lost it's value decades ago.  The actor playing Dillon looked like he was sleeping through the scene.

• Love 7

How are Lauren and Carly on good enough terms for them to talk about Carly's problems? When did this happen?

3 minutes ago, Linny said:

The bright side to Tracy's departure is that Monica will shut up about the house being her's, not Tracy's. The writers are apparently under the mistaken impression that Monica's beating of this dead horse is amusing, when actually it's beyond tiresome.

I hate that Monica uses it as a bludgeon to try to keep Tracy in line. Is it really so outrageous that Tracy is throwing a brunch? It's not as if Monica is doing the cooking or anything. Ugh.

• Love 2

Kiki: I'm sorry, this is really inappropriate on my part.

me: OH YOU JUST NOTICED?

Carly: No, it's really not.

me: Yes! Yes it is!

Show, Kiki dumped Carly's beautiful, journal-keeping, gingerbread-making son the day he exploded! There should be no friendly giggles between them anytime soon!

This love scene is getting the slo mo* treatment, huh? lol. 

*No pun intended.

• Love 7
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

Damm it , why must JE last week be ruined by Scummy sex? 

And based on the previews, it looks like her final day will also be shared by Sonny/Carly/Brenda!Bot, plus Nathan's non-story with Maxie slash the latest attempt to make Amy 2.0 happen.  So gross.

10 minutes ago, Linny said:

It's sad that that joke is what all these writers have distilled Monica down to.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

How any kind of sex can be unexpected for Sonny is beyond me. Sonny, you followed her to her room. You undressed her. You banged her. You were not drunk or drugged (fake or otherwise). Where's the surprise here? 

• Love 1

It went by real fast, but was someone (Lucy?) saying that Nathan's mom Dr. Liesl Obrecht, long missing from the story, is coming back for a wunderbar und  beeindruckende cameo at  the Nurse's Ball? 

• Love 1