Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, Linny said:

"What happened to your pride, your self-respect? You have three daughters, and this the example that you set for them?" Damn, Jordan, that was savage and I LOVE it. Alexis needs to be hit with more truth bombs like that. 

If Jordan's past were a little more squeaky-clean, I'd have less trouble with her truth-speaking. But her husband/brother/husband's best friend entanglements, cause me to mutter "pot-kettle," whenever she climbs up on that self-righteous high horse that she's been so fond of lately. And so much for a police commissioner keeping her personal feelings out of the case she's investigating. And FWIW, Julian was right: she left the door open. That's how Alexis saw/found him in the first place. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Nice parenting, there, Carly, asking your son to choose between you and Sonny. Though Michael is an idiot to keep trying to reconcile those two.

It cracked me up that Sonny said Avery would love to go to the same preschool as her nephew Rocco had. Oh, soaps and their crazy familial ties.

Nice to see the school administrator stick to her guns. /s

28 minutes ago, rur said:

If Jordan's past were a little more squeaky-clean, I'd have less trouble with her truth-speaking.

Not to mention her track record as commissioner.

"I let go of my holdings under duress." What, now? Sonny knew exactly what he was doing. No one forced him to sign everything over to Carly.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

I cringed when the school administrator fell for Sonny's "charm" and let Avery into the school after he told her what a wonderful mother Carly is.  If I don't get how the show thinks they can have all these women falling for Sonny; if I were that administrator, I'd be showering after that meeting.

If Jordan doesn't understand how love relationships can be that complicated, she's too stupid to pay attention to.

STFU Michael.  Sonny cost Joss her father being able to visit her in home home.  Do you have any idea how devastating that is for her?  And super hypocritical of you to know that without his US holdings, Sonny would be going to jail and you're still trying to save him.

I don't like Ava but I hope she nails Sonny and Carly to the wall.

• Love 3

Ah, there's the Rebecca Budig I knew and hated, by which I mean I was getting Greenlee flashbacks with self-righteous Hayden.

35 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

There was a lot of that going round today.

Mean Jordan with Julian and Alexis.

Mean Brad with Finn and Hayden.

Mean Ava with Sonny.

I don't really care, just noticing it. The only one that bugs me is Brad and Finn/Hayden.

I don't understand how Sonny sleeping with the lawyer can help Ava.

It was kinda funny when Sonny said, "I don't know if you heard but I saved a boatload of people." 

Michael desperately, desperately needs to not be in scenes with Sonny and Carly if this is how he's gonna be. Is it really necessary to fulfill Chad's minimums? Will Chad sue Valentini? Because I'm getting the feeling these are the only reasons these scenes are popping up.

Anyway, thankfully Jane Elliot left the show, cause the show is so much freer now that they don't have to accommodate to her! ;)

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I cringed when the school administrator fell for Sonny's "charm" and let Avery into the school after he told her what a wonderful mother Carly is.  If I don't get how the show thinks they can have all these women falling for Sonny; if I were that administrator, I'd be showering after that meeting.

I think the school administrator smoothly and quickly added later in the conversation that she would be expecting to see an envelope (hinting that cash was also needed). I'll check again,  but I think a bribe helped little Avery very early in her life to move into the "1 per cent".

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I know! Carly and the lawyer are the ones who will be affected. Even if Ava tries to blackmail Carly with the info, all Carly has to do is find another lawyer. Big whoop.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ulkis said:

SBu's Jason Morgan, yeah. BM's Jason Morgan would have hugged, then try to lift them up as they all hugged, then insisted they all fistbump and say, "Quartermaine wonder powers, activate!"

Would he, though? I know BM gets ragged on a lot for not being Jason as SBu played him. Still, from my memory most of BM's scenes with the Qs have been pretty emotionless and flat, even the ones with Michael. I think he'd just stand around looking like he'd rather be anywhere else. As if he were doing them a favor by gracing them with his presence. No, thank you.

Same here. I don't think Tracy ever got along well with Jason, no matter his last name. He didn't need to be there.

In SBu's early years as Jason Q, Jason was fairly gentle tempered. He was kind to Tracy, and he was rarely if ever the target of any of her rants. So yeah in the very early years they were civil to one another, but because Tracy had been away while he was growing up, and he was in boarding school until his mid teen years, they didn't have a lot of time to get to know one another. I do remember SBu confessing some years ago that he had a crush on JE when he first started. LOL

So was I the only one who got sad yesterday even when Tracy was talking to the painting? Just me? Okay. Her focusing on finding out who the woman was, should have been the story rather than Samira/Larry. She could have had a cast dream of being that woman and the other PC'ers being involved, (instead of the Judge Sonny stuff)as a nice change rather than the embarrassing nurse's ball. Kind of like "It's a Wonderful Life", she realizes she is grateful for her own life and decides to live it to the fullest. That would have made more sense to me than what we got.

I don't really care, just noticing it. The only one that bugs me is Brad and Finn/Hayden.

At least Brad isn't being thrown under any bus, though. He's always been a weasel, it's all IC for him. I did read online that Brad and/or Dr O were gloating about Tracy not being around to save Finn.

*SIGH* I am so gonna miss Finn and Tracy. I will never not be sad about that.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, IWantCandy71 said:

At least Brad isn't being thrown under any bus, though. He's always been a weasel, it's all IC for him.

I disagree.  Yes, Brad has a past of being a blackmailing weasel, but he hasn't acted that way in a long, long time, so this abrupt shift back towards that characterization makes no sense.  And I find it epically gross that Brad's entire life with Lucas is off-screen, but because they need a bad guy to make us feel bad for Dr. Michael Easton (which, I don't at all, with all his whining), this is what he's on-screen for.  It's BS.

• Love 11

I was thinking that maybe Ava could use Sonny's tryst for leverage to get more time with Avery.  But mainly I'm repulsed by Sonny.

15 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

I think the school administrator smoothly and quickly added later in the conversation that she would be expecting to see an envelope (hinting that cash was also needed). I'll check again,  but I think a bribe helped little Avery very early in her life to move into the "1 per cent".

She very clearly expected a big donation from him, to which Sonny replied that it's already taken care of.  Scummy.  If I were a parent at that school, I'd be looking for somewhere else.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm tired of seeing vindictive Carly win all the pieces on the board and blame Sonny for everything, even though of course he does have the karma coming. As soon as trouble started in the Corinthos paradise, Carly lost interest in Avery and the baby was pretty much dumped on the housekeeper and Nelle. Carly didn't "love her like her own" once Carly was feuding with Sonny. (For example, we never saw Carly thinking about schools for the baby, although Ava had been doing so.) I can see why Carly is enraged at Sonny right now because he got Jax deported. But all her raging at him about Nelle and the secrecy blah blah blah is her fault too because the communication level of their relationship is not strong. Instead of recognizing that, she screams at the top of her lungs and blames him, further undermining their communication and trust and driving infidelity on both sides.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
sp

I disagree.  Yes, Brad has a past of being a blackmailing weasel, but he hasn't acted that way in a long, long time, so this abrupt shift back towards that characterization makes no sense.  And I find it epically gross that Brad's entire life with Lucas is off-screen, but because they need a bad guy to make us feel bad for Dr. Michael Easton (which, I don't at all, with all his whining), this is what he's on-screen for.  It's BS.

But that's just it. Brad's life and career is off screen. He didn't change into a better person for Lucas. Stopping a behavior isn't change. He stopped plotting because Britt left, and he had no one to plot with. That, and he knew Lucas hated that side of him. But Brad never grew or evolved as  a person. Not onscreen. And yeah that's partly the fault of the writers because he hasn't been onscreen at all, but the point is simply that there's no strong evidence he "changed". Yes it sucks that this is what the character is dragged out for-but is it OOC? No, it isn't. OOC to me is when that person has never shown a behavior before(and there is no reasonable explanation for it), or has had lots of onscreen opportunities over months/years to revert to old behaviors and does not. Someone doing something they've done before-and enjoyed doing-it's just reverting to type, IMO.

And, it makes sense, actually. Brad's actions aren't without motivation. He thinks Finn screwed him-and Finn did. So, Brad wants revenge. It's typical soap. It's STUPID, though. Finn as the victim IS old. But OOC, no. We'll have to disagree on that one.

1 minute ago, IWantCandy71 said:

And, it makes sense, actually. Brad's actions aren't without motivation. He thinks Finn screwed him-and Finn did. So, Brad wants revenge. It's typical soap. It's STUPID, though. Finn as the victim IS old. But OOC, no. We'll have to disagree on that one.

Oh, I don't think it's outrageously OOC, although looping back to that characterization with very little on-screen build-up is bad writing.  But you said you didn't think Brad was going under the bus, that's what I disagree with, he's going under the bus for Dr. Michael Easton.

• Love 3

Are you kidding me show, with Sonny gloating about "saving a boatload of people" when he was trying to get her into the pre-school.

Also, what a load of crap about him talking up Carly when hours before he was trying to scan her out of any of his assets.  Just goes to show this asshole will say anything to get his way.

• Love 2

To me, "under the bus" is when a person is sacrificed to prop someone else, but it has to be OOC behavior. A character doing something they would never do, or hadn't done in years, to make another character look better? That's an example of under the bus. That isn't the situation here with Brad. Brad actually has a legitimate reason to be angry, here. He isn't just trying to ruin Finn out of jealousy. Finn made Brad believe he'd profit financially from their research. The audience can choose not to side with Finn in this. They can choose to root for Brad-in fact, some people online ARE. That's not a bus situation. A bus situation would be if the person setting Finn up was actually Griffin-someone who has never been anything but good to Finn, and who has never demonstrated any backstabby tendencies.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

The audience can choose not to side with Finn in this. They can choose to root for Brad-in fact, some people online ARE.

This is true, but it seems very clear to me the show wants us to side with Finn, so they're using Brad to prop Finn. It might not be a clear case of 'under the bus,' but the only reason Brad is on screen right now is to make us feel bad for poor, little Finn.

• Love 4
(edited)

I think it's an "under the bus" situation because, while Brad IMO does have a legitimate reason to be angry with Dr. Michael Easton, the narrative is very clearly skewed in Dr. Michael Easton's favor.  And he's the one with all the on-screen champions - Rebecca Budig, Tracy before she left, Monica, Griffin, etc.

But it might be agree to disagree time.

ETA...or what peach said more eloquently lol.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

the only reason Brad is on screen right now is to make us feel bad for poor, little Finn

Perhaps. But again, what Brad is doing is something he's always done. It's something he did before Finn was ever a character. It may be about being sorry for Finn, but it's also about Brad just being Brad. 

So yes it will have to be an agree to disagree situation.

5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

What better way to keep fans from asking about Lucas and Brad, but for Jelly to write another stupid story.

Brad had shown a lot of growth once he and Lucas became a couple and the current trashing is to get rid of the character and make fans a fan of McBainFinnSilas.

(edited)

Loved, loved, loved the little smile on Ava's face and the giggle when she realized who Martina was.  MW played that just perfectly.  

Re:  Brad:  While I don't condone his current behaviour (tampering with the drug tests), I can see and understand why he's so mad.  He is as much responsible for the cure for the disease as Finn is, possibly more, since if Brad hadn't helped, there would be no cure and Finn and hayden would be dead.  Finn, specifically promised a cut of the pie, than changed his mind to save the hospital and be a hero in Hayden's eyes.  That would piss off anyone, especially someone like Brad.  

Also, how expensive are condos that a doctor and a lab tech can't afford one on their salary?

Sonny is gross and I hate him.  I'm on Carly's side here and I'm tired of everyone telling her that she shouldn't be fighting with both barrels.  

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 6
(edited)
13 hours ago, Aurora2 said:

Re Tracy and Michael, yes,Tracy and Michael did have an ELQ mention in the separate room where Michael went to take a business phone call  - and a second mention with Tracy's suggestion to Michael that ELQ could sponsor a Dillon Quartermaine film. 

Re Tracy and Lulu:

Yes, Tracy and Emme’s Lulu shared a number of scenes – mostly about Luke, as I remember.  However, the real work of building the Tracy/Lulu relationship had been done before Emme arrived on the GH canvas.

As this finale was approaching, I wondered how the writers would handle the telling of the story of what was, to me, an important relationship.  Jane and Julie were the ones who told this meaningful, moving evolution from mutual dislike through the step-monster stage to becoming loving family members and supportive friends.  This was a story built on two women – one very young and one more experienced in life – who were alike in many ways.  Both struggled under the burden of desperately needing a father’s love and approval, and both created sometimes harsh, brusque exteriors to mask their underlying emotions.   A story told by two actresses who shared abilities to display sharp minds and acerbic tongues – yet show tenderness and vulnerability under the surface. 

By the time Emme arrived on the scene, all the hard work had been done by Jane and Julie in the Tracy and Lulu relationship and the two women were in a very good place with each other.  As well, all the hard work had been done by Julie and Tony in the Lulu/Luke relationship – so, again, there was less to play between Tracy and Lulu in that father/daughter aspect of their story. 

As a result, the significant Tracy/Lulu flashbacks could not be used on screen this week.  However, Emme, with her personal attachment to Jane, was able to very nicely bring the needed genuine emotion to yesterday's scenes.

However, for me, what really made the acknowledgement to Tracy and Lulu’s story was the heartfelt scene in which Laura thanked Tracy for having done so much for her daughter – so much in those years when Laura couldn’t be part of Lulu’s life.  The history of Laura and Tracy –of Genie and Jane- gave the Lulu portion of Jane’s farewell the essence it needed and the link to how the Lulu/Tracy story evolved.

This story did NOT need the wretched Samira/Faux-Ashton elements - nor Judge Sonny.  However, the past two days (Luke's sad hair aside) allowed the actors involved to give the farewells to Jane and Tracy the heart they needed. 

I mostly just quoted this, Aurora2, because I love your post and want to bake cookies for it. It's just beautiful. You captured the emotion I felt (feel) about Jane leaving (us). I especially appreciate what you said about Emme and Jane, and Tracy/Laura - Jane/Genie. I've been watching this show since I was a little kid. Jane and Genie are the reasons for that. My "good girl" side wanted to be Laura, with her Sleeping Beauty hair and pretty tears. My "bad girl" side watched Tracy keep the heart meds from faker-Edward and thought, "Oh, wow, I shouldn't be enjoying this as much as I do." Thanks for putting it out there.

7 hours ago, Linny said:

I can't deal with all the annoying rich people problems today. Oh no, the toddler might not be admitted to the hoity toity preschool! Oh no, the idiots who are on their fourth marriage to each other are fighting over the distribution of their millions! Give me a break. 

Ava's gleeful expression at the true nature of Sonny's tryst was delightful. I know the show won't ever let Ava truly best Sonny, but I hope she can make his life at least a little hard.

I don't think the pre-school story was so much about rich people problems as it was about getting Ava back in Sonny's orbit, but that's probably just because I want her to put him down like the dog he is. I hate Sonny so much, that even though Ava swapped out a psych patient's drugs and contributed to his death, when she's on screen and gunning for Sonny, I hear Bette Midler singing, "Did you ever know that you're my hero?"

7 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I can't with this Dr. Michael Easton/Brad story, it really grosses me out for some reason.

And Carly saying to Michael with a straight face that Sonny needs to face some consequences when she helped him cover up murdering Michael's bio dad, while classic Carly, was pretty much everything I hate about this show in a nutshell.

The Brad/Cyrus/Finn/McBain story grossed me out a little, because I felt like once Brad was free of Britt, and once his friendship with Felix and his love affair/marriage with Lucas came to be, I felt like he had a change of heart. Now, it's all being undone. It takes soap characters so long (if ever -- oh hi, Carly) to turn over a new leaf, that once they have (or have started to), I don't want them to lose it. 

6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

STFU Michael.  Sonny cost Joss her father being able to visit her in home home.  Do you have any idea how devastating that is for her?  And super hypocritical of you to know that without his US holdings, Sonny would be going to jail and you're still trying to save him.

I miss Michael Fucking Quartermaine. After Michael found out Sonny murdered AJ, and he changed his name, took Avery, and went balls to the wall against Sonny -- he won my heart. Then they let that all go. I think that was a tragic mistake. And I think it was made in service of the older soap fans who still remember when Mo was a cute young guy with enviable dimples. I think a badass Michael Q would be so much more appealing to new viewers than Milquetoast Michael, the family fixer. Ugh. What a waste.

6 hours ago, ulkis said:

As near as I can figure, since Ava knows Sonny was at least out for drinks with (and left the Haunted Star with) Lawyer-Lady, she feels like she has a little leverage. Ava knows Carly doesn't know her own lawyer was out with (and slept with) her ex. She knows Sonny must now know his hookup in Carly's lawyer. She's looking to parlay this knowledge into something to manipulate Sonny, who clearly hasn't disclosed to Carly that he banged her divorce lawyer. I don't think Ava has a specific plan in mind yet, so much as that she is aware there are possibilities here. And I hate Sonny so much (have I mentioned that), that I'm busting out my pom-poms and bullhorn, to cheer her on.

5 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

So was I the only one who got sad yesterday even when Tracy was talking to the painting? Just me? Okay. Her focusing on finding out who the woman was, should have been the story rather than Samira/Larry. She could have had a cast dream of being that woman and the other PC'ers being involved, (instead of the Judge Sonny stuff)as a nice change rather than the embarrassing nurse's ball. Kind of like "It's a Wonderful Life", she realizes she is grateful for her own life and decides to live it to the fullest. That would have made more sense to me than what we got.

I hereby nominated IWANTCANDY71 as showrunner. Man, that would have been such a better exit story. 

5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I was thinking that maybe Ava could use Sonny's tryst for leverage to get more time with Avery.  But mainly I'm repulsed by Sonny.

She very clearly expected a big donation from him, to which Sonny replied that it's already taken care of.  Scummy.  If I were a parent at that school, I'd be looking for somewhere else.

You know, I have to remind myself Avery is a fictional character, so I don't have to really worry about her welfare, because I felt guilty while watching that scene. I felt guilty because I kept hoping that Carly's legal control of Sonny's assets would mean Sonny's check will bounce and Avery will be out on her ass, having to go to pre-school in a van, down by the river. (I adore those little girls who play Avery. They may currently be my favorite performers on this show, because they've never yet pissed me off, so that guilt is real.)

5 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

I'm tired of seeing vindictive Carly win all the pieces on the board and blame Sonny for everything, even though of course he does have the karma coming. As soon as trouble started in the Corinthos paradise, Carly lost interest in Avery and the baby was pretty much dumped on the housekeeper and Nelle. Carly didn't "love her like her own" once Carly was feuding with Sonny. (For example, we never saw Carly thinking about schools for the baby, although Ava had been doing so.) I can see why Carly is enraged at Sonny right now because he got Jax deported. But all her raging at him about Nelle and the secrecy blah blah blah is her fault too because the communication level of their relationship is not strong. Instead of recognizing that, she screams at the top of her lungs and blames him, further undermining their communication and trust and driving infidelity on both sides.

Have I mentioned how much I hate Sonny? I only ask, because (a) I hate Sonny so much, and (b) because I like Carly despite myself. I always have. And by "like" I mean "enjoy watching." It will never happen on this show (or on any soap), but I would frigging revel in a storyline where Carly went all out to ruin Sonny -- and succeeded. I don't care about their freaking relationship. I never have. It has always felt like a contrivance to me, cooked up because Mo and Sarah Brown had chemistry. I. Want. Her. To. Ruin Him. (Shhh, I know it will never happen, but it's still what I'm asking Santa for.)

1 hour ago, Perkie said:

Loved, loved, loved the little smile on Ava's face and the giggle when she realized who Martina was.  MW played that just perfectly.  

Re:  Brad:  While I don't condone his current behaviour (tampering with the drug tests), I can see and understand why he's so mad.  He is as much responsible for the cure for the disease as Finn is, possibly more, since if Brad hadn't helped, there would be no cure and Finn and hayden would be dead.  Finn, specifically promised a cut of the pie, than changed his mind to save the hospital and be a hero in Hayden's eyes.  That would piss off anyone, especially someone like Brad.  

Also, how expensive are condos that a doctor and a lab tech can't afford one on their salary?

Sonny is gross and I hate him.  I'm on Carly's side here and I'm tired of everyone telling her that she shouldn't be fighting with both barrels.  

1. I, too, loved Ava's smile and giggle. Maura is great. I'm sorry the writers corrupted her character to such an extent to make Sonny look less evil.

2. Here's my thing with Brad. Yes, Finn kinda screwed him, but he did so to save the entire hospital, which employs a whole lot of people, including BRAD AND LUCAS. So yeah, Brad didn't get a get-rich payday, but Finn's actions saved Brad's job and his husband's job. I think this storyline is garbage.

3. Sonny is grosser than things I shouldn't bring up, because politics has no place here. 

Edited by General Days
Random typos.
  • Love 8
(edited)
9 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Childcare is boring for writers. But Carly had been a pretty hands on stepmother for Avery until she moved out. Carly did mention missing seeing her everyday. And she knows Sonny is the type of asshole to use Avery as leverage in their relationship. And there was no way for Carly to win that battle. Avery has a mother (who somehow has legal custody, but not actual custody over a stupid and now useless blackmail sex tape). Carly has no legal rights here. Carly and Sonny have communication issues purely because of Sonny. Sonny lied. Over and over again. Nell was just the last big lie. He could've exposed Nell's hold over him, but he chose to save his own ass and leave everyone else out in the cold. Carly wasn't holding back. Sonny chose to lie. And as a NULOCH member,  it hurts to say the Carly really isn'ta bad person here.

5 hours ago, Perkie said:

Brad is supposed to be the lab supervisor too, isn't he? I know Lucas isn't a fancy specialist,  but at least have Brad (since we all know Lucas ain't getting the airtime anytime soon) talk about having crushing student loan debts with Lucas and himself. If only Brad had these crazy people call friends! At least allow him a one sided phone call with Brit or hell, Rosalie!  

Why the fuck should Sonny skate on yet another stupid cruel tactic of his? He went out of his way to separate Jax from his damn family. Fuck Sonny and his pain. Joss has lost yet another home, her brother, her grandmother and now her dad can't see her in town? And everyone was still like, but Joss can visit Jax! Jax can see her in Canada. But Jax isn't going to be able to see her at school events. Or see her doing whatever hobby/sports she signs up for. Do father/daughter dances. See her off on her first date. See her on Prom. Or see her graduate from high school if she stays in PC. That stuff matters. Especially to a Daddy's Girl like Joss. 

It just pisses me off that everyone says that Carly needs to be the bigger person and let poor widdle Sonny have his way. Or else he'll be mad and do stupid shit that will hurt people. And once again, NULOCH member here. Carly is a bitch from hell, but she sure as shit deserves to take Sonny to the cleaners and punish the Asshat for his lying and destructive tantrums concerning her daughter's father.

Of course the fancy preschool accepts the wealthy spawn of two murderers! The name Jerome-Corinthos will be a boon to any school! I would love to have a dropped comment about an instant drop in the school's enrollment. And have a snide remark saying that most parents don't want their babies in a school where the violence factor just skyrocketed. How many of Sonny's and Ava's respective spawn have been victims of violence?

Since Sonny has made it clear that he wants nothing to do with Ava, why not have her team up Carly? The bitching between them makes little sense since Carly is in scorched-earth mode concerning Sonny. Why not have Ava make Carly an offer with Carly getting access to Avery via Ava? Sonny being forced out of the US would give Ava ample reason to go after physical custody. Ava giving Carly a heads up could allow Carly to a chance to nail Sonny with lawyer tampering in court. Making her case even easier.

Edited by stlbf
  • Love 5
(edited)

Today was the first day it really hit me that Chad Duell is about five years older than Ingo Rademacher was when he debuted on GH.  It's funny how that works. Ingo hit the ground right off the bat as a mature leading man; Chad is about to turn 30 and still seems like "the junior set." But the current look really ages CD.  It's a shame, because he's a good-looking guy.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, General Days said:

Here's my thing with Brad. Yes, Finn kinda screwed him, but he did so to save the entire hospital, which employs a whole lot of people, including BRAD AND LUCAS. So yeah, Brad didn't get a get-rich payday, but Finn's actions saved Brad's job and his husband's job. I think this storyline is garbage.

I don't think Finn had altruistic motives when he did it.  I think he was scared he was losing Hayden, and that's why he decided to sell the drug to the pharmaceutical company.  He should have gone to Brad first, and told him that he wasn't getting the payday he expected and why.  Yes, this story is garbage.  

• Love 3
(edited)
11 hours ago, Perkie said:

I do remember one, extremely tossed-off line of dialogue a looong time ago that getting Brad divorced from Rosalie had left them broke.  But this again speaks to the fact that their entire life together as a married couple has been off-screen.  Lucas hasn't been on-screen once since this condo business came up!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Today was the first day it really hit me that Chad Duell is about five years older than Ingo Rademacher was when he debuted on GH.  It's funny how that works. Ingo hit the ground right off the bat as a mature leading man; Chad is about to turn 30 and still seems like "the junior set." But the current look really ages CD.  It's a shame, because he's a good-looking guy.  

Chad has just never been young leading man material. None of the younger set is leading material imo. Yes their stories are bad but none of them have charisma and really stand out. 

• Love 4

I think it doesn't help that Michael's only function is as talk-to support in his parents' storylines, the stories he gets don't support him as a leading man/romantic lead of any kind.

When's the last time this single male character in his late twenties/early thirties in a soap opera had sex?  Meanwhile, Sonny and Carly have both gotten laid in the last month.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, stlbf said:

Carly is a bitch from hell, but she sure as shit deserves to take Sonny to the cleaners and punish the Asshat for his lying and destructive tantrums concerning her daughter's father.

Agreed that she is a bitch from hell, but disagree that she deserves anything.  This is a woman who went on a crying tantrum straight to Sonny about "losing my daughter" because Jax had the audacity to say he wanted custody/to supervise Carly's visitation of Joss due to Carly making unsafe choices, like having Sonny around. Then Jax was set up for a woman to claim she'd been assaulted by him, and Sonny had someone tamper with Jax's plane so it crashed. Soo ... the bitch re-married the Asshat who already nearly got her daughter's father killed. Then Carly went to Alexis, saying "we have to take a stand and protect our kids from Sonny." Alexis rightly told Carly off. 

She's just mad now somewhat because Joss is now old enough to understand what's going on but mostly because she thinks "how DARE Sonny lie to me" (when he has a long history of lying and she knew that). This isn't about Jax.

• Love 8
(edited)
7 hours ago, stlbf said:

And as a NULOCH member,  it hurts to say the Carly really isn'ta bad person here.

I see them differently. When Carly lay down with a dog, she got up with fleas. She's aided and abetted Sonny in stealing children away from families (Michael and Avery). I've heard that she helped Sonny cover up a murder. She knows all about his offshore accounts and illegal money, gunrunning, and history of crimes. Yet she's married him, given him comfort and aid in his problems, reassured him, plotted with him. So in my book she doesn't get to scream self-righteously because he omitted informing her about Nelle and squealed on Jax (who really had been mixed up in human organ trafficking, a crime of moral turpitude). Carly knows that Sonny tells lies, many of them.  Sometimes she has added and abetted in the lies and deeds. 

In short, Carly knew when she picked him up and married him that Sonny is a snake, so why is she surprised that she was bitten?

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
snake pic too scarey
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Darklazr said:

Brad had shown a lot of growth once he and Lucas became a couple and the current trashing is to get rid of the character and make fans a fan of McBainFinnSilas.

I agree that Brad had shown growth after he fell for Lucas so I do think this story is somewhat OOC. But I don't think they're trashing Brad to get rid of him. This story's only purpose is to prop/makes us feel bad for Finn. Brad is completely meaningless to the writers here. Like they probably don't even understand that they're trashing him because the only thing they care about is making Finn happen.

12 hours ago, Perkie said:

Right! But I'm sure they have a bunch of student loan debt and as someone mentioned above Brad has said that the divorce from Rosalie cost him a lot, so I can see it. It'd be nice if we had some more info, but it's hard when Lucas is only on once every 10 years and Brad is only on once every week just to prop Finn.

11 hours ago, General Days said:

Here's my thing with Brad. Yes, Finn kinda screwed him, but he did so to save the entire hospital, which employs a whole lot of people, including BRAD AND LUCAS. So yeah, Brad didn't get a get-rich payday, but Finn's actions saved Brad's job and his husband's job. I think this storyline is garbage.

Well at least we can all (most) agree this storyline is utter garbage!

• Love 2
(edited)

It's too bad they won't give Brad and Lucas a story.I never realized how bad US soaps were at gay couples until I watched some of the U.K.soaps.

Edited by Harmony233
  • Love 6

Sonny is so often going on about how so-and-so "has to pay" for what they did, that it was interesting to hear Carly saying that Sonny should "pay" for something.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

In short, Carly knew when she picked him up and married him that Sonny is a snake, so why is she surprised that she was bitten?

Five times.  She's been bitten five times and still goes back to trying to pet the snake.  That's why all this 'scorched earth' posturing is bullshit: six months to a year from now* they'll be back together. 

I don't mind Carly not giving Sonny his assets back because it's fun to watch that asshat get all self-righteous over doing what's ~morally right.  But I can't cheer for Carly in this. 

*If that.

• Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I think it doesn't help that Michael's only function is as talk-to support in his parents' storylines, the stories he gets don't support him as a leading man/romantic lead of any kind.

When's the last time this single male character in his late twenties/early thirties in a soap opera had sex?  Meanwhile, Sonny and Carly have both gotten laid in the last month.

What does having sex have to do with proving yourself as a young lead?Michael has had plenty of his share of stories, romance, and airtime with Chad in the role. None of it has stuck

Edited by In2You

My point was more about the writing of Michael and most of the younger cast, that story isn't being ceded to them.  Sonny's still a stud who can pick up a chick in a bar every day of the week, Michael has to blow off steam playing pool alone because he has nothing outside of his parents.

• Love 15
13 hours ago, General Days said:

She's looking to parlay this knowledge into something to manipulate Sonny, who clearly hasn't disclosed to Carly that he banged her divorce lawyer.

Carly is the one who will be affected by this, not Sonny. And she can always get a new lawyer. There's no advantage for Ava here, at least not that I can see.

3 hours ago, Perkie said:

I don't think Finn had altruistic motives when he did it.  I think he was scared he was losing Hayden, and that's why he decided to sell the drug to the pharmaceutical company.  He should have gone to Brad first, and told him that he wasn't getting the payday he expected and why.  Yes, this story is garbage.  

I think if you give up millions out of your own pocket so that others can benefit, that counts as altruistic. Especially since he didn't just do it for Hayden. Especially since he could have said "gosh that sucks" and did nothing.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

getting Brad divorced from Rosalie had left them broke.

Really?  I would think, considering they never consumated the marriage they could have had it annulled.  Oy, the hoops this show will jump to make nonsense happen.  

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I think if you give up millions out of your own pocket so that others can benefit, that counts as altruistic. Especially since he didn't just do it for Hayden

Ok, maybe altruistic was the wrong word.  He had a meeting with the drug rep, who talked about how the drug would be manufactured and available to the public, which did not sit well with Finn, so he told them to go jump.  Then Hayden's wringing her hands about having to fire nurses in order to make the budget work.  And he feels all sorry for poor wooby Hayden having to do her job.  So he goes back to the company and sells to them, despite not liking their methods, and gives Hayden the money, to save the hospital.  Ten bucks says he wasn't thinking of the people who's jobs were going to be saved, including Brad's.  He wanted to make the girl happy.  The end result is that the hospital stayed afloat, but I don't believe that was his intention.  But that's just me.  

45 minutes ago, In2You said:

Michael has had plenty of his share of stories, romance, and airtime with Chad in the role. None of it has stuck

Chad hasn't had a decent/real story since the Michael versus Sonny story.  Since then, he had a sort of/off screen/kind of relationship with Sabrina, that went nowhere because of TeCa's maternity leave.  When she came back she was killed almost right away, so no story there.  Then a sort of/kind of/maybe relationship with Nelle, that was all about CarSon and that ended too.  

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I don't mind Carly not giving Sonny his assets back because it's fun to watch that asshat get all self-righteous over doing what's ~morally right.  But I can't cheer for Carly in this. 

I can.  I've never been a fan of Carly's.  HATED SBJ and TB's versions.  I like LW's version more because I like Laura and find her extremely talented.  I agree wholeheartedly that Carly knew what she was getting into when she married Sonny, so she really shouldn't be crying in her soup now.  

However, Sonny signed over his assets because he was either going to run or going to kill himself.  He thought he was responsible for Morgan's death, and there was no way he was going to pay the price for that (jail time).  So I don't feel sorry for him that now that he's done something stupid AGAIN (having Jax deported), which was the last straw for Carly.  Those legit businesses are hers now, just like they would have been if he had followed through with his cowardly plan of either killing himself or running away.  I'm good with Carly here.  

• Love 6
(edited)

I thought Finn made the decision to sell the formula only after the hospital board meeting. When they voted in favor of selling the hospital. When he specifically asked how much they needed so they wouldn't have to sell. I also thought he had a speech to Monica and Tracy afterward that they helped him so he was now helping them. I also thought Brad, months ago, was all about "what's in it for me?"about helping Finn. But I could be remembering wrongly. 

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 4
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Chad hasn't had a decent/real story since the Michael versus Sonny story.  Since then, he had a sort of/off screen/kind of relationship with Sabrina, that went nowhere because of TeCa's maternity leave.  When she came back she was killed almost right away, so no story there.  Then a sort of/kind of/maybe relationship with Nelle, that was all about CarSon and that ended too.  

He's been front burner for like 7 years during that time he's been giving many an opportunity at being a young lead.  He's just never fit the bill questionable writing aside. He was certainly given his fair share of emmy bait to prove his shot. 

Edited by In2You
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Really?  I would think, considering they never consumated the marriage they could have had it annulled.  Oy, the hoops this show will jump to make nonsense happen.  

I suspected the cost had something to do with THE SEKRIT between Brad and Rosalie, but considering it all happened off-screen and, like I said, the mention of them struggling financially after the divorce was so quick and tossed off, I'm sure the writers have no clue why, just that Brad needs to be broke so he can go after poor, innocent Dr. Michael Easton.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Oh, that reminds me, I need to continue my rewatch of Kish's story on youtube.

Kish and Sierra Mist!  In an alternate universe, Kish and Sierra Mist continued living at Roxie's hotel with the rest of the hotel guests in their own little world.

2 hours ago, In2You said:

He's been front burner for like 7 years during that time he's been giving many an opportunity at being a young lead.  He's just never fit the bill questionable writing aside. He was certainly given his fair share of emmy bait to prove his shot. 

I agree.  Michael/CD has been front and center for several years and it was after RC wrote the fallout from AJ's death did the actor really shine.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I suspected the cost had something to do with THE SEKRIT between Brad and Rosalie,

Hey, did we ever find out what that was? I honestly can't remember.

1 hour ago, Perkie said:

now that he's done something stupid AGAIN (having Jax deported), which was the last straw for Carly.  

Don't hold your breath.  Carly and Joss had a scene where Joss said she hopes Carly never gets back together with Uncle Sonny. Carly didn't assure her that was the case; she was silent.  I think the writers/TPTB are just deciding when S&C will get back together - probably after Sonny does something "heroic" again to "redeem" himself or after a new Morgan gets cast and thus their family is "healed." I also expect a Sonny/Carly/some dude love triangle soon-ish. These writers are nothing if not predictable.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Perkie said:

2 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I think if you give up millions out of your own pocket so that others can benefit, that counts as altruistic. Especially since he didn't just do it for Hayden. Especially since he could have said "gosh that sucks" and did nothing.

2 hours ago, Perkie said:

Ok, maybe altruistic was the wrong word.  He had a meeting with the drug rep, who talked about how the drug would be manufactured and available to the public, which did not sit well with Finn, so he told them to go jump.  Then Hayden's wringing her hands about having to fire nurses in order to make the budget work.  And he feels all sorry for poor wooby Hayden having to do her job.  So he goes back to the company and sells to them, despite not liking their methods, and gives Hayden the money, to save the hospital.  Ten bucks says he wasn't thinking of the people who's jobs were going to be saved, including Brad's.  He wanted to make the girl happy.  The end result is that the hospital stayed afloat, but I don't believe that was his intention.  But that's just me.  

I didn't play close enough attention to the storyline to now recall what I thought of Finn's motivation at the time, but that's beside my original point. Finn didn't pocket millions from the drug sale, buy a mansion, and take a lavish vacation, while leaving Brad with nothing. He made a charitable donation that saved the very hospital at which both Brad and Lucas work. Brad's acting like Finn enriched himself at Brad's expense. Garbage. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, General Days said:

. Brad's acting like Finn enriched himself at Brad's expense.

But why couldn't Finn have told Brad about giving the money to save the hospital.  The last Brad heard, was that Finn was giving part of the money to him and credit in medical journals.  Next thing he knows the money is gone.  I'm not saying what Brad is doing is right but he was expecting some much needed cash and he didn't get it and now he's pissed.  

• Love 3