Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And did I miss a mention as to where Danny was anyway? 

Who's Danny?

44 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I thought Olivia's boobs' presence was a bit inappropriate. Get a shawl, girl.

I thought it was funny when she covered them with her arms after she mentioned her assets and Tracy quipped about it.

The only thing I have to say about this ep is that I thought something was gonna happen with the flowers since they made a point to show that orderly carrying them through the hospital twice. What the hell was the point of that?

• Love 3

If Finn isn't going to start killing patients while high on fake heroin I don't know what the point of this whole thing is.

Is Kiki still living in Nina's apartment rent free? Is Nina also paying the bills since that girl doesn't have a job or is her mother giving her money?

Does Liez realize she acts more like a therapist, life coach, and mother to Freako than his girlfriend? 4 year olds need less coddling than this freak. She looks so pathetic.

Jason should've sent Sam to the Quartermaine meeting in his place. I would've rather seen her there than showing up at Liez's house for no good reason.

Ned and Olivia are one of the few couples that I still like for some reason. Maybe it's because most of their relationship is offscreen so the writers don't have a chance to ruin them. 

Is there any reason why Julian can't just shoot OJ in the head five times until she's dead for real? 

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

If Finn isn't going to start killing patients while high on fake heroin I don't know what the point of this whole thing is.

Is Kiki still living in Nina's apartment rent free? Is Nina also paying the bills since that girl doesn't have a job or is her mother giving her money?

Does Liez realize she acts more like a therapist, life coach, and mother to Freako than his girlfriend? 4 year olds need less coddling than this freak. She looks so pathetic.

Jason should've sent Sam to the Quartermaine meeting in his place. I would've rather seen her there than showing up at Liez's house for no good reason.

Ned and Olivia are one of the few couples that I still like for some reason. Maybe it's because most of their relationship is offscreen so the writers don't have a chance to ruin them. 

Is there any reason why Julian can't just shoot OJ in the head five times until she's dead for real? 

especially if we are supposed to believe that OJ is the reason that Julian tried to slit Alexis throat.  He should have killed OJ back then.  And didn't that whole mess start with Julian having Duke killed?  None of the OJ stuff makes sense.

• Love 2

I forgot to ask: Why were the Qs writing down amounts on paper? Don't they know how much money everyone has? Also, given that this isn't the first time the hospital has had financial problems, why is it only now the idea of buying it themselves has come up? It's not as if they have to manage it themselves, though I get that is good from a story angle. (I mean, it would be good if there were competent writers.)

• Love 2
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I forgot to ask: Why were the Qs writing down amounts on paper? Don't they know how much money everyone has? Also, given that this isn't the first time the hospital has had financial problems, why is it only now the idea of buying it themselves has come up? It's not as if they have to manage it themselves, though I get that is good from a story angle. (I mean, it would be good if there were competent writers.)

I was only half paying attention, but I think they wrote down the amount of money they were willing to pony up, not their entire net worth.  And it wasn't a Quartermaine who came up with the idea of buying GH, it was Olivia, the "outsider" in the room.  That idea has never occurred to any of them previously, so it seems.

• Love 1

"I didn't want to worry Anna."

I would think once you've said "bone marrow biopsy" that the worry ship has pretty much sailed. 

And Griff just phones Robin without permission.

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 7

I haven't watched in months, but randomly decided to watch today's episode on Hulu tonight. 

And I'm glad I did because I was treated to all of the (on canvas) Quartermaines in the Q mansion together, discussing the hospital and ELQ. This is what the show needs more of. I doubt this was some sign that things are turning around or anything, but I will take whatever small victories I can get these days.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, rur said:

And I loved how super PI Sam said the name "Olivia Jerome" out loud while web-searching  her but missed the the actual blonde Olivia Jerome whose blurry picture she had just seen in the booth behind her. I run out of fingers when I start trying to count up the investigative mistakes she continuously makes.  

LOL, I'm surprised she even had the skills to google Olivia's name.  When she picked up her phone I was sure she was calling Spinelli so he could do some sort of hair recognition on the back of Olivia's head in the photo. 

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

I was only half paying attention, but I think they wrote down the amount of money they were willing to pony up, not their entire net worth.  And it wasn't a Quartermaine who came up with the idea of buying GH, it was Olivia, the "outsider" in the room.  That idea has never occurred to any of them previously, so it seems.

I could have sworn, back when this angle about the hospital going bankrupt was (badly) introduced in the fall, Lucy suggested to Tracy that she/the Q's buy the hospital and Tracy dismissed it for some reason.

Also - and I get that they want to focus on the on-canvas Q's - but wouldn't they think to reach out to contributions from off-canvas Q's like Skye, Brook, Maya, etc.?

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I could have sworn, back when this angle about the hospital going bankrupt was (badly) introduced in the fall, Lucy suggested to Tracy that she/the Q's buy the hospital and Tracy dismissed it for some reason.

Also - and I get that they want to focus on the on-canvas Q's - but wouldn't they think to reach out to contributions from off-canvas Q's like Skye, Brook, Maya, etc.?

If Lucy mentioned that suggestion to Tracy (I can't remember; I'm usually playing Scrabble on my iPad at the same time) then it just goes to prove what a piss poor job the writers are doing by forgetting that.   And that's a fabulous idea about reaching out to other Q's.  I have no idea how much each one would be able to come up with, but as they say, every little bit counts.   -  Something tells me they won't be able to pull this off so seamlessly, as OJ is hell bent on getting her hands on GH, although I hope they're able to.  I love love love the Q's - with all their faults - and loathe how the show has systematically dispensed with them, one by one.  If the rumor about Jane Elliot wanting to retire is real, I will truly be bereft!

• Love 2

Sam not having the baby at GH wouldn't be a bad thing. She was in the hospital mere steps from many doctors and the first kid still died.

Sam should have went to the Q meeting cause her stop at Liz's just left me feeling like there is some more fuckery coming her way courtesy of Franco or Liz.

• Love 4

The way they dropped the "cancer" bomb in the last scene on Friday's show, it was as though they thought that would be a shocking reveal. Weren't we all there at "I'd like to order a bone marrow biopsy"? That isn't that esoteric, is it? I'd think it was common enough parlance that even Anna herself would leap right to "A bone marrow biopsy? What's going on? Do you think I have leukemia?" She's certainly not an unworldly young thing.  

That said, maybe I'm being easy, but I thought these last three episodes (which I just watched in a DVR-clearing binge) were pretty good General Hospital. Note, no Corinthoses except for Michael, and he was in Quartermaine mode.  

I swear Jason has this secret fantasy of packing up Sam and the kids and moving to Idaho to farm potatoes or something.

That is my fantasy for Jason and Sam too. Well. It's the one that doesn't involve a wood chipper. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Which is rude, considering all the babysitting Monica's been doing off-screen.

And did I miss a mention as to where Danny was anyway?  He wasn't with his parents or his grandparents.

Duh, he's at one of his many sleepovers with Uncle Lucas and Uncle Brad.  In Offscreenlandia.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, dr. gailey said:

Sam should have went to the Q meeting cause her stop at Liz's just left me feeling like there is some more fuckery coming her way courtesy of Franco or Liz.

But of course. It's not like GH can go a week without a scene where Liz is trashed to the direct benefit of Sam.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I'd think it was common enough parlance that even Anna herself would leap right to "A bone marrow biopsy? What's going on? Do you think I have leukemia?" She's certainly not an unworldly young thing.  

I'm idly thinking "how is the Show going to take Anna's biopsy and cancer scare as being all about Sonny Corinthos before too long?" But hey that's easy. Sonny will be the only one who can donate his bone marrow to Anna, thus saving her life and earning a big hug from Emma.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, yowsah1 said:

But of course. It's not like GH can go a week without a scene where Liz is trashed to the direct benefit of Sam.

This is exactly why Nikolas cannot come back. I got SO tired of seeing him tossed through the meat grinder for Jason and Sam. The real Sam&Jason story has always, always been about how so many of their problems are because of how they live their lives and the danger that they bring into their lives.  All these years and not ONE honest conversation about any of that.

• Love 6

So, by the way, was that it as far as this teaser (in both spoilers and that episode's description on my DVR guide) about Liz taking a stand and asking Sam for support? I didn't see her asking for support from Sam at all. Sam just brought over the "science project" and they talked about the nursing staff's sick-out. Sam asked if she should plan to have her baby delivered at another hospital, and Liz said she hoped everything would be worked out by then. Was the "asking for support" just meaning "Don't abandon General Hospital"?

2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

So, by the way, was that it as far as this teaser (in both spoilers and that episode's description on my DVR guide) about Liz taking a stand and asking Sam for support? I didn't see her asking for support from Sam at all. Sam just brought over the "science project" and they talked about the nursing staff's sick-out. Sam asked if she should plan to have her baby delivered at another hospital, and Liz said she hoped everything would be worked out by then. Was the "asking for support" just meaning "Don't abandon General Hospital"?

You mean Liz and Sam were allowed to have a conversation that wasn't focused on Franco, Jason, the history of 'what Liz put Sam, Jason and Danny through" or 'what Sam put Liz, Cam and Jake through'? Wow.

It's sad that Show is determined to prop Franco, at the expense of a legacy character like Liz.  She was uncomfortable, unhappy and a bit creeped out by Nik's behavior after their affair - yet Franco makes Nik look like a healthy, stand-offish gentleman. Also, real Liz would never date a man who kidnapped her newborn son. I think the one true moment for her in the last 6 months or so was the reaction to finding out Sabrina was dead. She felt alone; she leaned on Franco because Lucky, Nikolas, Emily, Robin, and Sabrina (who knows re: docs Lanie and Kelly) are dead or left town. Jason and Liz are co-parents now, but not friends. (FYI: I'm not looking for a debate about whether they should or shouldn't be. Just stating the obvious.) I know that Show wants us to believe Liz and Felix are friends, but really they're not. Anyway, Liz is at a really low point in her non-professional life, so she gets into a relationship with Franco.  Epiphany commenting doesn't surprise me, because she gets to chime in on plot points being pushed - like her OTT encouragement of Sabrina and Patrick getting together and getting engaged so quickly (and later the tears when Sabrina died) after she had seen Patrick and Robin's relationship develop for years and didn't cry over Robin's death. Also, the b.s. of encouraging Sonny when he was in the wheelchair. A nurse like Pip would be professional, but would never have anything but contempt for someone who lives like Sonny - esp. when all the people shot, blown up or otherwise injured by him or as a result of his orders make her job harder/more stressful.  I choose to believe Felix is interested/comments to Liz about Franco because he misses sticking his nose into his late bff's love life.

• Love 7
On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 4:05 PM, rur said:

And I loved how super PI Sam said the name "Olivia Jerome" out loud while web-searching  her but missed the the actual blonde Olivia Jerome whose blurry picture she had just seen in the booth behind her. I run out of fingers when I start trying to count up the investigative mistakes she continuously makes.  

Did I miss something? Where and when did Sam know/hear about Olivia Jerome? Aside from the fact that OJ was sitting within hearing distance, who sits alone in a bar and talks to herself out loud mentioning the name of Daddy Julian's dead/not dead sister?

I mean I watched the whole show but how did she get to OJ's name out of seemingly nowhere?

I know, nothing makes sense on this show but how does Sam know anything at all about OJ?

Questions but no answers.

• Love 2

"But Ava killed Connie Falconneri!". 

Not a bad thing, in my book.  In fact, Ava should have her own national holiday.

And no one ever says, "Sonny deserves his misfortune, he killed A.J."

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Not a bad thing, in my book.  In fact, Ava should have her own national holiday.

Ava isn't half the character Connie Falconneri, or her correct name, Kate Howard was. Kate was a grown woman while Ava is only slightly more mature than Nina. It was a bad recast and some really bad characterization, but shows in the past have been able to pull back from both when they had that kind of misstep by bring back the original actress and explaining away the those years and then ignoring them completely, not killing off the character. Now we are stuck with Nina and Ava's pity parties.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, tveyeonyou said:

Did I miss something? Where and when did Sam know/hear about Olivia Jerome? Aside from the fact that OJ was sitting within hearing distance, who sits alone in a bar and talks to herself out loud mentioning the name of Daddy Julian's dead/not dead sister?

I mean I watched the whole show but how did she get to OJ's name out of seemingly nowhere?

I know, nothing makes sense on this show but how does Sam know anything at all about OJ?

Questions but no answers.

Yea, I didn't get this either. I thought maybe I just fast forwarded through some stuff though.

3 hours ago, ciarra said:

Right. That's what makes all the, "Ava (and/or Julian), is eviiiiiiiiiiillllllll and should pay!" shit so annoying. I mean, it's true, but when you say it for one of the many criminals on your show but not about the biggest ones because you're trying to sell them as romantic heroes it's just rage inducing.

• Love 7
On 2/18/2017 at 5:20 PM, Bringonthedrama said:

You mean Liz and Sam were allowed to have a conversation that wasn't focused on Franco, Jason, the history of 'what Liz put Sam, Jason and Danny through" or 'what Sam put Liz, Cam and Jake through'? Wow.

It's sad that Show is determined to prop Franco, at the expense of a legacy character like Liz.  She was uncomfortable, unhappy and a bit creeped out by Nik's behavior after their affair - yet Franco makes Nik look like a healthy, stand-offish gentleman. Also, real Liz would never date a man who kidnapped her newborn son. I think the one true moment for her in the last 6 months or so was the reaction to finding out Sabrina was dead. She felt alone; she leaned on Franco because Lucky, Nikolas, Emily, Robin, and Sabrina (who knows re: docs Lanie and Kelly) are dead or left town. Jason and Liz are co-parents now, but not friends. (FYI: I'm not looking for a debate about whether they should or shouldn't be. Just stating the obvious.) I know that Show wants us to believe Liz and Felix are friends, but really they're not. Anyway, Liz is at a really low point in her non-professional life, so she gets into a relationship with Franco.  Epiphany commenting doesn't surprise me, because she gets to chime in on plot points being pushed - like her OTT encouragement of Sabrina and Patrick getting together and getting engaged so quickly (and later the tears when Sabrina died) after she had seen Patrick and Robin's relationship develop for years and didn't cry over Robin's death. Also, the b.s. of encouraging Sonny when he was in the wheelchair. A nurse like Pip would be professional, but would never have anything but contempt for someone who lives like Sonny - esp. when all the people shot, blown up or otherwise injured by him or as a result of his orders make her job harder/more stressful.  I choose to believe Felix is interested/comments to Liz about Franco because he misses sticking his nose into his late bff's love life.

Elizabeth withholding Jason's identity and that obsessive crap written by RC was complete, BS.  Nope.  Liason were never obsessed with each other.  

I can see Elizabeth being professional around Franco, but for her to enter into a romantic relationship with that greasy freak is laughable at best!   FV is way too consumed with his pets and not the overall show.

• Love 2

Oh my, I laughed and laughed when Valentine picked Anna up off the floor. He damn near dropped her. Twice! His leg put near gave out on him. Come on man, she weighs like 60 pounds! She's a pro though, she remained calmly "unconscious." 

• Love 2
On 2/17/2017 at 8:02 PM, Jenniferbug said:

I haven't watched in months, but randomly decided to watch today's episode on Hulu tonight. 

And I'm glad I did because I was treated to all of the (on canvas) Quartermaines in the Q mansion together, discussing the hospital and ELQ. This is what the show needs more of. I doubt this was some sign that things are turning around or anything, but I will take whatever small victories I can get these days.

I haven't watched since at least September...and just watched the last 3 episodes today and was pleasantly surprised as well! A Q meeting to save the hospital? Count me in! I don't feel like I need to know anything that preceded it -- Qs to the rescue! Laura gave a good pep talk, by which I mean Tracy-shaming talk, too.

10 hours ago, ciarra said:

No one should ever mourn Connie Falconeri. Cakes nationwide are still rejoicing that they no longer need to live in fear. We can always mourn the loss of Kate Howard's hair, however.

For my sanity, I am back to calling Franco "Frahnco" in my mind so I can stomach him as an actual character I could ever root for. Liz seems into Frahnco, and he into her, though probably to the extent that he cares about nothing else, right? That's how Frahnco rolls.

I tuned in just in time for Dillon and Kiki to do the deed? My timing is fantastic! Honestly surprised it took this long post-Morgan's death. My inability to watch these characters mourn Moregun is why I just stopped pressing play on my Hulu watchlist for this show. I did not want to subject myself to that.

So Nina's married to Valentin, who is father to the kid Nathan's ex was trying to pass off as his? Alright, cool. Valentin seems like a good actor.

I feel caught up and ready to watch again! But I'm not making promises.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Oh my, I laughed and laughed when Valentine picked Anna up off the floor. He damn near dropped her. Twice! His leg put near gave out on him. Come on man, she weighs like 60 pounds! She's a pro though, she remained calmly "unconscious." 

That really was hilarious. JPS must be weak as hell because FH weighs like 90 pounds max.

8 hours ago, TheGourmez said:

I feel caught up and ready to watch again! But I'm not making promises.

Don't. Just don't. Save yourself!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, tveyeonyou said:

It's hard to understand JaSam with the murmuring and the muttering,and the lack of emotion coming from those two, but what I understood was that Jason showed Sam the photo of the back of Liv's head and said he didn't think it was Ava but wondered if there were any other Jeromes running around out there that it could be.  Then he left and Sam pulled out her Spyder Finder and typed in Olivia's name.  I think Julian "killing" sister Olivia back in the day is common knowledge.  

I think Sam was looking for a photo of Liv that she could compare to the photo they had.  

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, ciarra said:

Well, AJ was FAT! Apparently the worst crime to commit in TFGH's universe. Sonny has been an underage flesh peddler, a drug dealer, arms dealer and overall scum bag, but hey, he's still a bad boy hero in the eyes of this show's IIC!

• Love 1

I've read spoilers saying the GH writing team has decided to go down that tired, old "baby snatching," route & have Olivia J. kidnap & disappear with Sam & Jason's newborn.  While these writers think  using the same story-line a third time , as they did with Rocco & Avery, will up the show's ratings, bring in new viewers & keep long-time GH fans tuning in .......many loyal viewers disagree.

Edited by OnceSane
Added spoiler tags
  • Love 3

I love seeing Tracy and Ned together, but her being upset about her middle-aged son possibly moving out is slightly ridiculous. And Ned's failed proposal would have a lot more impact if we had seen him and Olivia more than once every few months.

Robin looked pretty today. Pregnancy suits Kimberly McCullough. Loved that Robin stepped up to be Anna's rock and help her process her diagnosis. And what a novelty it is to see two veteran characters discuss their history and how it relates to the present day.

"I'm just thinking about my childhood." Of course you are, Nelle. God, why does Michael bother talking to her? 

• Love 8

"Happy to see you guys reconnecting," says Jason to Sonny in the least happiest voice. Don't strain yourself, Billy.

I liked that Hayden reminded the Qs that their buying GH wasn't automatic. Usually things like this on a soap are done deals.

Nelle, if you're trying to be stealthy, maybe don't send something to Carly using the MetroCourt mail cart. Even if the package is "anonymous." FFS.

I'm disappointed Tracy didn't mention that Olivia F. is Lois 2.0 to a degree, but then I remembered that History! is used only when the writers want to, not when it's logical.

Have we heard about that cabin before? And they really need to stop with Nelle's passive-aggressiveness about Michael's "happy childhood."

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, Linny said:

And Ned's failed proposal would have a lot more impact if we had seen him and Olivia more than once every few months.

And what 40-ish woman says "I can't" to a marriage proposal and runs from the room? Olivia ain't 20-something, writers, and having her react like one just add to show's daily suck.

• Love 8

Griffin and Anna make the perfect couple. One is always in tears the other is always on the verge of tears. At this point we're going backwards in time with Nelle. She's had that recording how long and is JUST now mailing it to Carly?

Edited by tricknasty
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, backhometome said:

Julian trying to poison big sis is literally the first useful thing he has tried to do in this story. 

And he can't even do that correctly!

6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Seriously, if letting Carly hear the recording was the entirety of her plan, why didn't she send that MONTHS ago.

Neither can she! (Do anything correctly, I mean). Sending it as "anonymous" via the MetroCourt? 

• Love 1

So glad KMc is back. Anna & Robin scenes are always strong no matter the material. Loved the blatantly positioned water pitcher to hide Kimberly's pregnancy. Interesting to see if they let OJ and Robin interact at all given their history.

Hopefully the writers will acknowledge that Dr. Robin has created a cure for plutonium poisoning AND brought people back from the dead.....so what's the reason she can't try to create a cure for her mother. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Linny said:

"I'm just thinking about my childhood." Of course you are, Nelle. God, why does Michael bother talking to her? 

This. Also, why does she bother talking to Michael? 

Great, the most bland and boring couple in a sea of bland and boring couples is getting one of my fave tropes, 'trapped in a cabin together during a storm.' Ugh.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 11
55 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Nelly is dumb as shit. 

Julian really can't do anything right. Stupid idiot. 

I hope Anna has to leave town to receive treatment. 

It really is embarrassing to be Julian.

Oddly, I don't mind Nell, but I think that is because she is plotting against Carson.  Even if it is stupid, I am waiting for the look on Snarly's face when she realizes how she has been played.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, dr. gailey said:

That better not be Jasam's honeymoon cabin wasted on Amish Nell and Droopy Michael. This would be the one time I welcome it burning down.

Chloe Lanier @chloelanier

Michael & Nelle fans...this week on @GeneralHospital is for you. #GH #melle

worry not though . . . I'm pretty sure the cabin is the one where Morgan had Kiki hostage.

• Love 2