Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

Congratulations, Nina. By having a cancer patient getting treatment in a hospital arrested (and, maybe transported directly to a PCPD holding cell) and lying to your husband about it (and against his wishes), you are definitely..... the Worst Person on the Show.

And that's an achievement.

Sonny & Franco still exist, so she's safe.  Though throw in forcing Ava into labor and kidnapping Avery and she's creeping up on them.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, bannana said:

That was a serious fall.  There were those ridges, I guess, that broke her fall a bit.  That means she has some serious knee/leg injuries.  And those slowed down her fall, but she still fell.  I was quite surprised that GH went this way.

I actually didn't think it looked serious at all, lol. They showed her slowly sliding down. 

• Love 1

Wasn't that bridge the same place we saw the last time Robin visited? She was on it with Sonny or Jason or somebody.

Yeah, I'm surprised that Robin and Jason weren't yammering on the (freezing cold) bridge when the other two showed up. 

• Love 3

Liv is completely crazy, but I admire her work ethic. Over the past day she kidnapped Sam and pushed her off a bridge, snuck around the hospital checking in on Anna, and put on her serious sponsor act with Alexis. She's not letting the grass grow under her feet, that's for sure.

Aw, yay, Robin's having a baby! She better come back after the baby's born, because I'm going to need a scene of her, Anna, Emma, and the baby together. And Robert, if possible.

I can't believe Jason went all night and well into the next day without taking five minutes to contact his pregnant wife. Especially since she's in her last trimester, you'd think he wouldn't go so many hours without checking on her.

Finn and Hayden felt extraneous in this episode.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, bannana said:

That was a serious fall.  There were those ridges, I guess, that broke her fall a bit.  That means she has some serious knee/leg injuries.  And those slowed down her fall, but she still fell.  I was quite surprised that GH went this way.

I didn't think it was that serious at first, unless she landed on her head, and I think the angle of her body's descent was wrong for that. I guess I'm more cynical than you, and you may be right about the fall as well. All I could think was, a couple years ago we got treated to a couple days of her crawling around a basement and now she's crawling around a drainage ditch (where the grass is green in the middle of winter).

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, rur said:

All I could think was, a couple years ago we got treated to a couple days of her crawling around a basement and now she's crawling around a drainage ditch (where the grass is green in the middle of winter).

...right after a snow storm.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, Linny said:

Aw, yay, Robin's having a baby! She better come back after the baby's born, because I'm going to need a scene of her, Anna, Emma, and the baby together. And Robert, if possible.

I am beyond thrilled that Robin is pregnant!  If only she, Patrick and Emma came back to PC permanently.  I know they are fictional characters but I do miss them.  I think part of my joy of a new Scrubs baby baby is the fact that Kimberly is pregnant in real life.  Yesterday I noticed that they did not seem to be trying too hard to hide Kimberly's pregnancy.  She is SO pregnant all over maybe they just gave up and wrote it into the story. :) 

• Love 6

Aw, Robin is pregnant. I like Robert, and actually NOT a Mac fan in general, but poor Mac deserves some sort of namesake.

Hayden: You love the zen-zen more than you love me.

Well, Hayden, he's known the zen-zen for years and you for one, so is it really so surprising?

lmao at Michael Easton's cry face while shooting up.

I forget exactly what Tracy said before "well as long as you're here to cast the vote" that made me laugh at the line, but I did laugh.

If Valentin is a Cassadine remotely worth his salt he's plotting on putting Nina into the mental hospital right now somehow. 

So I'm guessing Curtis doesn't realize Jason used to shoot people and dump them in the woods? 

21 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

I am beyond thrilled that Robin is pregnant!  If only she, Patrick and Emma came back to PC permanently. 

Nooooooooooooo. They've escaped. The show probably doesn't have much longer. No need to bring them back for a storyline where Patrick starts punching Robin in the face or something.

49 minutes ago, rur said:

All I could think was, a couple years ago we got treated to a couple days of her crawling around a basement and now she's crawling around a drainage ditch (where the grass is green in the middle of winter).

It was just last year lol.

• Love 4

The green grass Sam is among "in the middle of winter" in Upstate NY would actually fit right now. I live in Upstate NY. Today? It reached 74! Yesterday? 69! The bottom is supposed to drop out Sunday, but only for a day or two, then back to the 50s.

• Love 1

I was just gonna say that I'm sure Robin will be in town when she goes into labor, but given KMc's real life pregnancy, she might not want to make appearances later in the year.

Just now, WendyCR72 said:

The green grass Sam is among "in the middle of winter" in Upstate NY would actually fit. I like in Upstate NY. Today? It reached 74! Yesterday? 69! The bottom is supposed to drop out Sunday, but only for a day or two, then back to the 50s.

But in Port Charles, there was a snow storm severe enough that it was messing with cell service the night before.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Aw, Robin is pregnant. I like Robert, and actually NOT a Mac fan in general, but poor Mac deserves some sort of namesake.

If I am correct Mac's real name is Malcolm.  If Robin and Patrick have a boy, Malcolm would not only be a great name but a wonderful tribute to Uncle Mac.  The bestest dad in the world!

• Love 5

oh, I forgot: is Sonny freaking kidding me with this vow renewal shit?? 5! times! 5 fudgeballin times! If they say it for the 6th time, is that supposed to make it worse somehow?? Carly better laugh in his face.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Awww, now I hope Robin gets a scene with Mac before she leaves this time and tells him her pregnancy news.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

lmao at Michael Easton's cry face while shooting up.

I loved that so much! I've already watched it a couple times and plan to watch it many more. Any time I need a laugh I'll just watch it. It needs to be giffed.

I don't care if Robin names her baby Shoelace, as long as it's not fucking Duke or some variation.

I enjoyed Curtis' freak outs over seeing a dead body, but wasn't he a police detective? Seems a bit silly for him to be acting that way since he's surely seen dead bodies before.

I just fast forwarded through all the 'Sam withers around in the snow' scenes since we only just saw the 'Sam withers around in a basement' scenes so it seemed quite repetitive.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I was just gonna say that I'm sure Robin will be in town when she goes into labor, but given KMc's real life pregnancy, she might not want to make appearances later in the year.

But in Port Charles, there was a snow storm severe enough that it was messing with cell service the night before.

Hee. In any case, we had two back to back snowstorms about a week and a half ago. The first dropped about 8 inches; the second, ten. It's GONE.  :-)

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't care if Robin names her baby Shoelace, as long as it's not fucking Duke or some variation.

Maybe she can name him Lavery? That's much better than Duke. Or name it after Duke's beloved cousin Ryan lol.

Edited by ulkis
30 minutes ago, ulkis said:

oh, I forgot: is Sonny freaking kidding me with this vow renewal shit?? 5! times! 5 fudgeballin times! If they say it for the 6th time, is that supposed to make it worse somehow?? Carly better laugh in his face.

Nothing says I love you more than renewing your vows with the man who shot you in the head while you were giving birth.  The same man who refuses to give up the murderous mobster lifestyle that has almost blown up one daughter, put one son in a coma, caused you to shoot another son because although he was an undercover cop that you did not know was your son until after you shot him point blank in the chest, and have your youngest son blown up due to mob violence.  Hell Carly you still have one daughter and a stepdaughter that have not been shot or blown up, but hey, you are in love.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

If FV wasn't running this show into the ground, at some point Robin's son and Jason's daughter would fall in luuuuurve

I remember when I was convinced there would someday be an Emma/Jake/Joss triangle. In which Carly would be super-invested, natch.

I am totally down with Scrubs naming their son Malcolm. That would be so sweet.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

I remember when I was convinced there would someday be an Emma/Jake/Joss triangle.

We got an Emma/Spencer/Cam triangle instead.

22 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

I am totally down with Scrubs naming their son Malcolm. That would be so sweet.

Malcolm Scorpio Drake does have a nice ring to it.

• Love 1
Just now, dubbel zout said:

We got an Emma/Spencer/Cam triangle instead.

*shudders* Don't remind me. At least I figured the inevitable (in my mind) triangle would happen when all three were at an appropriate age for a triangle.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

If Valentin is a Cassadine remotely worth his salt he's plotting on putting Nina into the mental hospital right now somehow. 

Yes, please.

No more of that girlish simpering she's been doing around him, which should be enough to have her committed. And then, let him bring the real multi-dimensional Heather back to town. They could scheme well together, and he could get rid of her awful faux son Franco.

So I'm guessing Curtis doesn't realize Jason used to shoot people and dump them in the woods? 

Jason the holy hitman never killed them. He forced them to join a pyramid scheme and when they'd lost all their money and couldn't keep up, they killed themselves. ;D

Edited by rur
  • Love 4

Curtis is scared of rats and dead bodies. Like I get it, but dude was a detective. 

Jason, winner of husband of the year. I get that Sam was going to spend the night at her mother's but girlfriend is pregnant. I thought for sure Liv would have stashed Sam somewhere, but she just left her there to get hypothermia. Sam's face doesn't look so bad considering and she can still move, considering.

I also hate the name Scout. And I'm dreading that Franco will be the one to find Sam, because that's how the writers roll.

Hayden/Dr McFinn is the love story I didn't ask for. I'm still puzzled by the why they even brought Michael Easton back in the first place. Did the show really miss him that badly.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Jason, winner of husband of the year. I get that Sam was going to spend the night at her mother's but girlfriend is pregnant. I thought for sure Liv would have stashed Sam somewhere, but she just left her there to get hypothermia. Sam's face doesn't look so bad considering and she can still move, considering.

Sam is Rasputin, apparently. She falls backwards onto cement and then is out all night in what was supposed to be temperatures cold enough for a snow storm. Okay then.

I can't blame Jason for not calling when Sam was all "don't worry I know how to take care of myself" when he told her to be careful. That sentence cause me to roll my eyes more than to say "wooo you go girl". It's lazy shorthand for "this woman is a strong modern woman", just like not being able to cook is a shorthand for that a lot of the time.

Hayden/Dr McFinn is the love story I didn't ask for. I'm still puzzled by the why they even brought Michael Easton back in the first place. Did the show really miss him that badly.

Frank Valentini did.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I can't blame Jason for not calling when Sam was all "don't worry I know how to take care of myself" when he told her to be careful. That sentence cause me to roll my eyes more than to say "wooo you go girl". It's lazy shorthand for "this woman is a strong modern woman", just like not being able to cook is a shorthand for that a lot of the time.

Except then the one time the dude doesn't check up on the woman, she's in danger somehow and needs rescuing. It's such an annoying, stupid cliché.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Except then the one time the dude doesn't check up on the woman, she's in danger somehow and needs rescuing. It's such an annoying, stupid cliché.

Yeah, it's all about completing the "missing person" plot. Jason has to be dumb. Sam has to call out that "Daddy will save us" even though in reality he would have no idea and the cops would need to be involved.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 4

Here's a question - while it's kinda amusingly soapy, why does Olivia J. bother with the glasses when she's sneaking around the hospital?  Anyone who's going to recognize her is going to recognize her whether she's wearing them or not.

• Love 5

They were trolling us when Robin led the guard away from Anna's door so that Liv could sneak up with her hyponeedle to take care of Anna. I am so over Valentin gaslighting Anna that she deserves punishment for the bad things she is supposed to have done to him. I wish Anna would contemptuously flip him off, since he won't explain. He guilts her like Franco manipulates Liez, and in each case the woman falls for it from unfounded guilt.

I was so glad when Robin announced her second baby to Anna, who was so genuinely pleased. Namewise, I hope they shun all permutations of Duke/Dewq. "Lavery" is nice but too close to "Avery," the other girl baby on the show.

Nina was right to press charges against burglar Anna, but she certainly folded when Valentin barely referred to the Charlotte custody battle with Dante nearby. Oh Nina he has you where he wants you!

So Laura has crawled back into Victim Mode, an all-too-familiar place. Don't talk to overly friendly strangers, Laura!

And Lucy has emerged from the ELQ woodwork as a scaly corporate animal now, thinking of her real estate profits before indulging in nostalgia for GH or the Nurses's Ball. It was good to see her matched against uber-gameplayer Tracy. May the best diva win!

Shut up and die, Finn. If Alexis has to go to AA, you can reform too.

Maybe my standards have been lowered, but I enjoyed this episode (it helped that there was no CarSon or Franco)

I liked Hayden shutting down Finn and saying she won't be there for that ride.  Let's just hope she sticks to her guns until he gets the treatement he needs.

I loved, loved, loved any and all Robin/Anna scenes as the Scorpios and Drakes are my faves.  Loved Robin telling Anna that she's pregnant.  I'm happy that they're writing it in.  

I loved the Valentin/Nina scene for it's sheer soapyness.  Not of fan of MSt and her ticks, but she had the right amount of annoyance and pissed off-ness towards him.  

Loved the showdown between Lucy and Tracy.  Since they turned Lucy into a poor person who needs to rely on her real estate dealings to buy bread, I could appreciate that she would want the sale of the hospital to go through, to line her own pockets.  I get it.  

Jason and Curtis:  Curtis lays it on a little thick sometimes, and I can't stand his "you want to get into my pants" to Jordan all the time, but I thought his fear of looking in the crypt and being creeped out was funny and on point.  

The bad:

Finn's crying.  I mean, what the hell?  I had to fast forward I was feeling so much embarrasment for ME

Sam falling down and going boom......again.  I mean geez louise, I just saw this five minutes ago when she blew up Liz's house.  And since she spent the past few months constantly touching her stomach and wincing or moaning in pain, it loses it's edge now.  Get up, pull up your big girl panties and find a way out of there, other than climbing up the side of the bridge.

Robin's PSA to the guard.  Yikes.  I get why it was done, and Kim is the better person to do it, since Robin's a doctor but it was so clunky.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

Sam is Rasputin, apparently. She falls backwards onto cement and then is out all night in what was supposed to be temperatures cold enough for a snow storm. Okay then.

And then she can't get out.  It's a little foot bridge, not Hoover Dam.  I'm sure there must be someplace else she could climb that isn't 90 degrees up a concrete wall. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Here's a question - while it's kinda amusingly soapy, why does Olivia J. bother with the glasses when she's sneaking around the hospital?  Anyone who's going to recognize her is going to recognize her whether she's wearing them or not.

Well...it works for Superman so why not? LOL!

• Love 5

Well...it works for Superman so why not? LOL!

And she found it necessary to use a corny "Denise" accent to speak to the guy at the hospital desk.  The guy has never seen you before.  Is a bad accent really a disguise?

• Love 4

Do they have to keep 'splainin' the rare blood disease? Isn't it sweeps now...maybe they can lay off the heavy academic long words and give us more action.

For once, I cheered Hatechel/Rebecca Budig for kicking Finn to the curb about his drug addiction. Loved it when she said he should solve it himself and come back to her if/when he is clean. 

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, Linny said:

Aw, yay, Robin's having a baby! She better come back after the baby's born, because I'm going to need a scene of her, Mac Anna, Emma, and the baby together. And Felicia Robert, if possible.

I can't believe Jason went all night and well into the next day without taking five minutes to contact his pregnant wife. Especially since she's in her last trimester, you'd think he wouldn't go so many hours without checking on her.

A) Fixed that for you ;). Anna has been a crappy mother in Robin's adult life, and not much better as a grandmother. Robert has been cute with Emma, but in Robin's adult life he has mostly just shown up when she needs a rescue. I remember it being pointed out to Robert that Robin should have had her parents to lean on for love and support; his response was "well she turned out okay. She had Mac." Ugh.

B) I can believe Jason would do that. I'm sure he assumes Sam's halo will keep her floating safely above any real danger. 

• Love 2

I downright cackled with GLEE when Nina had Anna arrested for burglary. Anyone who doesn't think Anna shits potpourri gets a temporary okay from me. Just like when Laura bitched at Anna's reversal when Lulu was looking for support in her custody bid for Charlotte. Damn, it is so freaking delicious when someone kicks Anna down a well deserved notch or two.  It makes up a bit for all the DEWQ! wailing and the fact that Jordan didn't get to say ANYTHING about Anna's bullshit during that time.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

A) Fixed that for you ;). Anna has been a crappy mother in Robin's adult life, and not much better as a grandmother. Robert has been cute with Emma, but in Robin's adult life he has mostly just shown up when she needs a rescue. I remember it being pointed out to Robert that Robin should have had her parents to lean on for love and support; his response was "well she turned out okay. She had Mac." Ugh.

B) I can believe Jason would do that. I'm sure he assumes Sam's halo will keep her floating safely above any real danger. 

In a perfect world, Guza and JFP would have been fired the year they resurrected Robert Scorpio considering the huge hit piece they did on him. When All My Children does a better job resurrecting Anna and the reunion between her and Robin than the show that created the Scorpios, you official suck. That is the probably what I hate the most about FV/Jelly, they are a less talented version of Guza at his worst. They will trash almost any character they didn't create-almost to the point that I am convinced that they hate the character no matter what they say otherwise. Anna has never been my favorite, but she should be treated with as much consideration than say that annoying headcase Nina. I sincerely hope we get to see Valentin fuck her over for Anna and Nina's reactions.

• Love 4