Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, Perkie said:

When was the last time we saw Dillon?  He went out looking for Maxie on her wedding day and we haven't seen him since.  

Didn't he have a scene with Ned after that?

6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Didn't he have a scene with Ned after that?

LOL!  You're right, I had forgotten that.

I was just so annoyed that Dillon was helping Maxie with the wedding, left to find her, and didn't show up again.  

• Love 3

Some thoughts: 

the surveillance was illegal. There was no warrant. It wasn't even a police investigation. It was Jason and Curtis playing detective with Brick's equipment under sonny's orders. So none of that is admissible and any decent lawyer would have it thrown out.

the audio lineup. Also botched. The witness gets ONE crack at it. There's no going back for a second round. If no positive ID is made, that's it. Ava should have immediately called Scotty instead of even agreeing to participate. She knows the cops will do anything to get her and/or Julian behind bars because they're both evil, whereas Sonny is pure as the driven snow.

dante should be fired. Or just quit and go work for Sonny, since he's already doing sonny's bidding. And Jordan can follow him out the door since she is now firmly in Sonny's corner.

new WSB guy is cute. And so far he can act. Can we keep him and get rid of half the cast to make room?

question: is there anyone still in PC besides Anna who knows Olivia and could potentially recognize her?

• Love 10

I liked new WSB guy too.  

Chloe Lanier is good, I'll give her that. I know that some people have found her disappointing in comparison to a shorter run she had as a flashback character, or maybe people are just bored with Nelle, but CL brings some inner life to it. I believe she does things offscreen. Sometimes they show someone having her own apartment, or they put in mentions of a job or life before Port Charles, and I'm like, eh, whatever. I barely believe this is a person doing the things they actually show. I do believe in Nelle, this Eve Harringtonish character who is all sweet and helpful on the surface and hard underneath.  What solidified for me that she was good: I got the version with the news interruption limiting me to the first ten and last ten minutes of the show, and when they came back on Nelle, even before she said "Who cares, that's boring. I want to talk about my boyfriend!" to stupid Felicia, I knew that she was on to Felicia. I could fill in the blank that she had learned something in the missing scenes.  

I had forgotten or never realized, until people here were reminiscing about Dante's "Lt. Poletti" backstory, that that was a semi-retread. It was long-gone Taggert, another Port Charles cop and Sonny nemesis, who was all Deke this, Deke that, Deke was the best, #justice4deke.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 4

While Anna is having a Super Intense Migraine she drops her pills and OJ kicks them away

I don't presume to speak for every migraineur, but I've never gone blind during the worst migraine.  Blind spot in the center of vision of one eye, yes, but not at the Helen Keller level.  How utterly ridiculous.   I'm sure hospitals leave scalpels laying around. 

Shucks, I was hoping Carly would find the bra and Sonny would have to say it was his, while singing, "I Feel Pretty".

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, ciarra said:

Shucks, I was hoping Carly would find the bra and Sonny would have to say it was his, while singing, "I Feel Pretty".

It would have to be Sonny's, because Carly doesn't wear bras.

16 hours ago, Linny said:

I actually think George Stephanopoulos did us a favor by cutting in right as Sonny and Carly were about to have sex. 

We need more George for the boring parts.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Sake614 said:

question: is there anyone still in PC besides Anna who knows Olivia and could potentially recognize her?

Lucy.  She has history with Olivia J.  

Edited by TeeVee329

What a surprise, Franco's still a possessive asshole despite it being two days since he and Liz cemented their love for each other. That's a wonderful example of romance to show us on Valentine's Day.

"You set me up. That's a problem for me. You know how I solve problems?" You don't solve problems, Sonny, you create them, then make Jason or Diane clean things up. But I'm glad Sonny confronted Nelle, and MB did a nice job being intimidating.

Liv has the perfect wide, crazy eyes. I'm distracted by them in all of her scenes. I still don't care about her and Julian, and I don't feel any familiarity between them like I do Julian and Ava.

Ava shouldn't act so surprised that Sonny got his charges dropped. She's lived in Port Charles long enough to know the number one rule: Sonny Corinthos never loses.

Well well well, nurse Amy wheeled and dealed her way back into a job. I think even Hayden was impressed with that move.

• Love 6

This show needs to stop putting Sonny in threatening scenes. MB is not interested in selling it and I'm not buying it. 2 scenes of Sonny threatening women, is this supposed to be a turn on of some kind?  You know what's a REAL turn on when it comes to Sonny? ACTING SMART. It was STUPID of him to confront Nelle. He has ZERO idea who she is or what she's after. He has ZERO idea of what she might potentially have on him.  Instead of rushing in there to repeatedly threaten Nelle and feel like a big strong man who walks the walk, he should have tried calling in Jason.

Get Jason to do a thorough background check on Nelle. Follow her, check out her apartment, watch her bank account, her phone etc. That's all he needed to do. Bring Jason in and send him on a fact finding mission and BE SMART.

Now Nelle's going to push back. I hope she blows his world up. I hope she outplays him AGAIN.

But I know what show I'm watching.  The one where Liz fawns and coos over her Franco baby and his man fee fees.  Sonny, Franco, Jason and Julian. These are GH's romantic leads. Pathetic.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Vella said:

Get Jason to do a thorough background check on Nelle. Follow her, check out her apartment, watch her bank account, her phone etc. That's all he needed to do. Bring Jason in and send him on a fact finding mission and BE SMART.

Now Nelle's going to push back. I hope she blows his world up. I hope she outplays him AGAIN.

Good ideas, but Sonny must realize that he is not sure he has enough time to do thorough spying on Nelle before she might try another sneaky attempt and perhaps succeed. It is true and dangerous that he does not know why she is doing the setup work but probably assumes she just wants to sleep with him again (he doesn't know that the first time was a sham).

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
wordy
1 hour ago, Vella said:

This show needs to stop putting Sonny in threatening scenes. MB is not interested in selling it and I'm not buying it. 2 scenes of Sonny threatening women, is this supposed to be a turn on of some kind?  You know what's a REAL turn on when it comes to Sonny? ACTING SMART. It was STUPID of him to confront Nelle. He has ZERO idea who she is or what she's after. He has ZERO idea of what she might potentially have on him.  Instead of rushing in there to repeatedly threaten Nelle and feel like a big strong man who walks the walk, he should have tried calling in Jason.

And, here's a wild thought: tell Carly what happened.  But, no, the show would rather make Sonny seem like the big man by, yet again, threatening a woman.  That's not hot or sexy or powerful, it's misogyny.  What this show specializes in.

• Love 4

STFU Sonny. Stop threatening Nelly and hire a competent hitman to pull the trigger. Stupid fuckbag.

I'm here for OJ going after Ava. And while I'm perfectly fine with Ava going down for a crime she didn't commit, you would think Dante or Jordan might be a little suspicious of how quick and easy it was to find incriminating evidence against her. 

LMAO at how pathetic they've made Julian.

Liez and Freako are so pathetic. She sounds like his damn shrink. 

Aren't medical facilities - especially hospitals - supposed to have plans in place in case nurses or other medical staff go on strike? I'm pretty sure the hospital financial administrator shouldn't have to fill in for the nurses. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 4

Someone should tell Liz if she's gonna keep dating Franco she's gonna have to get used to a status quo of "awkward and slightly embarassing".

Finn killed any appeal he might have had by licking the powder off his fingers. 

The back of Olivia's hair seems to stick out about 5 feet.

Okay Julian she's lying in bed. Kill her!

I notice Julian didn't tell her about the Kiki part of embracing the Jeromes.

Nelle: is there a problem?

Sonny: yeah. This. [holds up bra] It's a size A!

He didn't say it, but you know he was thinking it.

Liz: why don't you think I'm yours and yours alone?

I mean, his jealousy of Griff is stupid but come on Liz.

Carly: I didn't know if I wanted to kiss Sonny or beat him.

Michael: No offense, but that's a normal day for you two.

Funny! But creepy.

3 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

LMAO at how pathetic they've made Julian.

Poor dude didn't even succeed in doing the deeds his sister forced him to do.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

you would think Dante or Jordan might be a little suspicious of how quick and easy it was to find incriminating evidence against her. 

This.  Gee Dante, usually we suck at figuring stuff out and gathering evidence, yet within a matter of hours, we have a culprit handed to us on a silver platter with a boat load of evidence falling in our laps faster than we can look for it.  

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Okay Julian she's lying in bed. Kill her!

This!  I know we've been complaining about Sonny threatening first Ava then Nelle and the mysoginy that comes with that, but why the eff is Julian allowing Liv to do what she's doing?  It's beyond not making sense.  

• Love 2

Here's my question about Ava being framed - are we going to have to sit through this whole thing with her being wrongly accused and (presumably) exonerated only then to double back to her messing with Morgan's pills? 

• Love 3

Becky Herbst is a chemistry magnet!  I enjoyed Elizabeth and Griffin's short scene and wonder what would have happened if the show paired GriLiz last year, but they chose to put my girl with that old freak.

Edited by Darklazr
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Vella said:

I think that MB did sell the threats. He made my blood run cold. Nelle may be a woman he is threatening but she is a devious calculating evil one who has concocted an elaborate scheme to break up a happy marriage (we don't know why, but that does not excuse her behavior in my book). It's true that the smarter way might be to engage Jason to investigate her; but Sonny does not know how much time he has before she springs her traps irrevocably.

So is Amy going to be the schemer that Nelle fails to be? Because that was one bitch move that she pulled today considering she was one of the main supporters of the "sick inn", even calling Liz selfish in public because Liz voiced a concern about going on strike and she then goes behind all their backs so when everything is over with, she will receive the least amount of damage, maybe even moving up and taking over either Bobbie's or Epiphiany's positions. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And, here's a wild thought: tell Carly what happened.  But, no, the show would rather make Sonny seem like the big man by, yet again, threatening a woman.  That's not hot or sexy or powerful, it's misogyny.  What this show specializes in.

This woman may be young but she is ruthless, devious, treacherous, hardened. She is taking revenge for some real or imagined wrong by trying to break up a happy marriage with a lie (that she slept with Sonny). Nelle is not innocent; she is conniving and a tough cookie. I do not agree that Sonny is picking on her as a misogynist would. He is defending his marriage and protecting it. Telling Carly might turn out OK but Sonny takes the shortcut and tries to scare Nelle off the premises (literally) himself. He does not realize she has the tape. When he finds out Nelle is really dead meat. 

15 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

Becky Herbst is a chemistry magnet!  I enjoyed Elizabeth and Matt's short scene and wonder what would have happened if the show paired GriLiz last year, but they chose to put my girl with that old GREASY freak.

There--I fixed that for you....

7 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

So is Amy going to be the schemer that Nelle fails to be? Because that was one bitch move that she pulled today considering she was one of the main supporters of the "sick inn", even calling Liz selfish in public because Liz voiced a concern about going on strike and she then goes behind all their backs so when everything is over with, she will receive the least amount of damage, maybe even moving up and taking over either Bobbie's or Epiphiany's positions. 

Something tells me that the other nurses or Bobbie will fix Amy's hypocrisy. Still and all, it was a clever move she did!

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd

I actually considered that Amy 2.0's about-turn today was about putting her in place to spy on Rebecca Budig.  But who knows, or cares really.

In somewhat related news, Dr. Michael Easton and his drug addiction can shut the hell up. 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

This woman may be young but she is ruthless, devious, treacherous, hardened. 

Is she?  Because clutching a rattle with squinty eyes, planting a bra and drugging a dude and putting him in his own bed seems pretty lame to me.  If she is related to Carly, she (Carly) should be offended that she's such an amateur schemer.

• Love 2

Me today: "Hey, GH is on.  I haven't watched in a while, but I'm sick and in bed, so let's see what's happening."  A little later "Oh, hey, are they actually going to start working towards a future Liz/Griffin pairing?  Interesting.  OK, so, let's see what else is... Michael Easton is licking up pill crumbs from the floor and nurse's station.  What the actual fuck is this?"  

• Love 7

Didn't we, just last week, hear Ava telling... Curtis, was it?... all about her day at work, all the things she did and the people who saw her doing them, when this conversation between Olivia J. and Julian took place?  Wasn't that one reason why Curtis started doubting she was the "sister" in question?  Why doesn't she bring up these possible alibi witnesses while being interrogated?  Or are we supposed to forget that conversation?  

More likely the writers have forgotten it.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, Perkie said:

This!  I know we've been complaining about Sonny threatening first Ava then Nelle and the mysoginy that comes with that, but why the eff is Julian allowing Liv to do what she's doing?  It's beyond not making sense.  

I'm sure she made some sort of failsafe where if he kills her her minions will kill Alexis and co. Still, he should call her bluff.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

There--I fixed that for you....

Something tells me that the other nurses or Bobbie will fix Amy's hypocrisy. Still and all, it was a clever move she did!

Fucking evil and not nearly as smart as she thinks it is if she alienates all the nurses. Whoever is left will not let any new nurses be in the dark about what she pulled and good luck if she ever wants a shift covered.   You probably have less to zero morals if you convince a bunch of people to strike and then show up to work that very day. She should be working for Carly.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

, all the things she did and the people who saw her doing them, when this conversation between Olivia J. and Julian took place?

Dante went over her day, yesterday, and her assistant vouched for her whereabouts all day.  Except for one hour where Ava says she went home to pick up some contracts which happened to be at the exact same time that CurtJas were watching JulLiv.  

2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I'm sure she made some sort of failsafe where if he kills her her minions will kill Alexis and co.

What minions though?!  Rudge?  I think Julian could take him, well, the Carlos killing Julian, not this snot nosed snivelling Julian.  Ugh.  These writers and thier ability to ruin everything and everyone.  

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Gee Dante, usually we suck at figuring stuff out and gathering evidence, yet within a matter of hours, we have a culprit handed to us on a silver platter with a boat load of evidence falling in our laps faster than we can look for it.  

So they think that they have confirmation that Ava is guilty because Buzz recognized her voice? Didn't he see Liv's face when she arranged the original bomb hit? Why didn't the PCPD  doublecheck the voice match by letting Buzz see all the speakers to see if he would recognize one of the faces too? Seems to me that was sloppy policework.

If the PCPD had taken that step, Liv's later tactic of having Ava's DNA evidence on the martini glass would not have added up, because Buzz would not have been able to identify her face.

BTW it is realistic that Buzz chose Ava's voice because as sisters, Ava and Liv may have similarities in their voices. Women in my family are often mistaken for one another on the phone.

• Love 2

Thanks, Perkie!  I missed most of yesterday's ep, due to the press conference and, funnily enough, wasn't interested enough to catch up On Demand.  Missed a bit of today's ep, too.

How very convenient.  So, no one saw her at her building?  She's hard to miss.

Edited by Fellaway
7 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Is she?  Because clutching a rattle with squinty eyes, planting a bra and drugging a dude and putting him in his own bed seems pretty lame to me.  If she is related to Carly, she (Carly) should be offended that she's such an amateur schemer.

Nelle has played a practiced devious role consistently for some time. She also taped at least one conversation with Sonny surreptitiously and figured out Bobbie's and Felicia's scheme pretty rapidly too. We don't know how she pulled off getting Sonny to believe that they had sex; but she did it. That takes talent.

5 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Didn't he see Liv's face when she arranged the original bomb hit?

I don't think so.  I thought he told CurtJas that he dealt with Rudge only then when he went back to the pawn shop, he overheard boss lady telling Rudge to dispose of Buzz but then hightailed so never saw her, only heard her.  

6 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

How very convenient.  So, no one saw her at her building?

Exactly.  In today's day and age, which cameras everywhere, they're telling us that there are no cameras at the gallery, at Ava's penthouse, at the herb shop that would have picked up who was doing what where.  

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

nd figured out Bobbie's and Felicia's scheme pretty rapidly too

Hhhhhmmmm no, MIchael spilled the beans, otherwise she'd still think Felicia hates Bobbie.  

8 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

she pulled off getting Sonny to believe that they had sex;

That's not too difficult since Sonny has sex with everything that moves.  He'd beleive it pretty quickly.  In fact, if you told anyone in town that Sonny slept with Nelle, they'd be all, yep that sounds about right.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Vella said:

But I know what show I'm watching.  The one where Liz fawns and coos over her Franco baby and his man fee fees.

Franco has latched on to Liz as his alternate maternal figure. She already has three boys (yes she ignores them but they technically live with her). Men who try to become childlike after having sex with a woman are highly irritating to me. It's such an old story, and Franco is particularly disgusting. Maybe Mama Liz can get him to bathe and wash his hair more frequently, however.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Perkie said:

Hhhhhmmmm no, MIchael spilled the beans, otherwise she'd still think Felicia hates Bobbie.  

Michael spilled the beans about their friendship, but Nelle still put two and two together to figure out the scheme that Bobbie and Felicia were pulling on her.

He didn't know about that.

2 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Michael spilled the beans about their friendship, but Nelle still put two and two together to figure out the scheme that Bobbie and Felicia were pulling on her.

Ok, but I think once Michael told her about their long friendship, it wouldn't have taken a genius to figure out she was being played.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I notice Julian didn't tell her about the Kiki part of embracing the Jeromes.

He was trying to get her to want to be a family with them so he probably figured it was best to pretend Kiki didn't exist.

Liz/Franco are so utterly pathetic and offensive and gross and heinous. I'm sorry, but I truly can not fathom how that shit has fans.

Michael can fuck off forever tbh. He seems to care more about Duke's death than he did about his own father's. Also, Carly did her ha ha laugh again today and it sent me over the edge, as always. Those scenes were just really hard to take.

I thought MB was like sorta kinda good in the Nelle scenes. I mean the misogyny was really gross and the fact that they expect us to see Sonny as a hero as he threatens a young woman is really offensive, but MB actually managed to get his lines out and appear somewhat threatening, so it was a step up acting-wise at least from all his other scenes.

I kinda love that Amy got the nurses to strike and then went behind their backs to get her job back. I mean that is a whole other level and I thought it was hilarious.

Finn's drug addiction is so tedious and stupid. I hope it's a Patrick-style 5 minute drug addiction because I'm over it.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, Perkie said:

I think once Michael told her about their long friendship, it wouldn't have taken a genius to figure out she was being played.  

Especially since Felicia's offer to redecorate was so out of the blue, and she wasn't subtle about asking questions regarding Nelle's background.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, Perkie said:

What minions though?!  Rudge?  I think Julian could take him, well, the Carlos killing Julian, not this snot nosed snivelling Julian.  Ugh.  These writers and thier ability to ruin everything and everyone.  

I'm sure she'll have many secret ones, Budge, Dudge, Ludge, Cudge and Gudge.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Fellaway said:

Didn't we, just last week, hear Ava telling... Curtis, was it?... all about her day at work, all the things she did and the people who saw her doing them, when this conversation between Olivia J. and Julian took place?  Wasn't that one reason why Curtis started doubting she was the "sister" in question?  Why doesn't she bring up these possible alibi witnesses while being interrogated?  Or are we supposed to forget that conversation?  

More likely the writers have forgotten it.

This is the same group that constantly changes their own stories from week to week!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Michael can fuck off forever tbh. He seems to care more about Duke's death than he did about his own father's. Also, Carly did her ha ha laugh again today and it sent me over the edge, as always. Those scenes were just really hard to take.

I was expecting him to say that she got away with Connie's murder which got AJ killed in the end. But nope, the sainted Duke was brought up instead.

• Love 5

LOL at Carly saying "it's a lot to process" that Ava was responsible for Morgan's death. This isn't the first time Ava has been a suspect. And LOL that Carly buried the lede that charges were dropped against Sonny.

Of course Jordan doesn't think there could be another Jerome sister kicking around. It's like she has no idea she's in a soap opera.

News flash, Rebecca Budig: While orderlies are important to the running of a hospital, they can't change IVs.

Oh, Elizabeth. Franco's creepy jealousy is yet another red flag for your relationship. Pay attention! The writing for these two is so, so gross.

Instead of getting all teary, Nelle should have dropped the act and doubled down on Sonny then and there.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Instead of getting all teary, Nelle should have dropped the act and doubled down on Sonny then and there.

True, it would have been great if she had turned steely, played him the tape of him talking about them "sleeping together", and told him she had copies all over town that would be exposed if he touched a hair on her head.  That would have been soapy as fuck, so of course, didn't happen.

• Love 5