Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Just now, dubbel zout said:

It's been so long I've forgotten: Why did Ava mess with Morgan's meds? What did she want to happen?

I think Ava wanted him to act out so Kiki would break up with him?  Or something?

Anyway, yeah, Ava messing with Morgan's meds is not great.  But I still think it's kinda karmic justice for Morgan (and Kiki) blithely drugging Michael during Operation Alcoholic so...meh.

• Love 13
21 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Sam's prenatal vitamins must be softening her  brain. Why would a seasoned PI/detective fall for Liv's trick of a stalled car and then let Liv DRIVE Sam's car when it got restarted, putting Liv in charge? Sam acted like a five-year-old child who got into a bad person's car and wants her mommy now. And Liv is almost as stupid, pulling a gun on Sam instead of keeping her cover intact to serve as Alexis's sponsor at AA. Liv is certainly crazy, and Sam is just pathetic, not even thinking about the risks to her baby..

They aren't in Sam's car, Liv is driving her own car.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

She wanted to break up Morgan and Kiki because she felt that Morgan was an out of control trainwreck, which he was. Pills or no pills. 

But that didn't stop Ava from having a relationship with him and it certainly didn't stop her from screwing him while he was dating her daughter. 

• Love 1

That baby blanket isn't from when Jason was born. Come on, props. You could have made it a tiny bit ratty.

Tracy: if you had been like that with Alan, there'd be no Jason, and then where would we be?

Oh Monica, why couldn't you have stalked Alan better, damn it?

Sam's fingers trembling instantaneously, so hard that she couldn't press the green button was so dumb. They should have had Olivia J just knock it from her fingers right after she managed to call Jason (did she? I was confused as to whether she managed it or she was just bluffing for Olivia.)

Frig this show for not letting Michael articulate just how badly he was betrayed so he could shut up Nelle's whining.

I wonder if Ava and Bobbie used the same bottle of shiny to smear their faces with. 

lol at Sonny's grrface after Jason said Ava may have killed Morgan.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Sam's fingers trembling instantaneously, so hard that she couldn't press the green button was so dumb. They should have had Olivia J just knock it from her fingers right after she managed to call Jason (did she? I was confused as to whether she managed it or she was just bluffing for Olivia.)

Are we on Year 25 of Sam in danger and Jason to the rescue?

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, ulkis said:

That baby blanket isn't from when Jason was born. Come on, props. You could have made it a tiny bit ratty.

Did I miss why Monica had it at the hospital?  She wasn't expecting to see him.

27 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

But that didn't stop Ava from having a relationship with him and it certainly didn't stop her from screwing him while he was dating her daughter. 

Morgan was super awful and terrible...but if he told Ava he wanted her back she would say yes with no hesitation. 

Does Nelly ever stop feeling sorry for herself?

I'm confused as to why Julian can't just have OJ killed or why she doesn't thing he would come after her if she does something to Sam. 

The OJ/Sam scenes were stupid. First, Sam was already a little suspicious of OJ after first meeting her so I don't think she would accept a ride from her. Second, were there no public places that Sam could ask to be let out at? Third, Sam would've been better off staying in the car and playing it cool. Send a text to Jason while telling OJ she's pulling up a pic of Danny to show her. 

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Morgan was super awful and terrible...but if he told Ava he wanted her back she would say yes with no hesitation. 

Not necessarily. He offered to be her boytoy if she shared custody of Avery and she turned him down. Poor Morgan lol.

24 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

maaaaybe.

21 minutes ago, dr. gailey said:

Julian sucks so much ass.

Julian is pretty sad indeed. I don't know if any other option would make him look better though. Anything they tried to do to get him out of the corner they wrote him in would either be incredibly contrived, cheesy, or lame.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Not necessarily. He offered to be her boytoy if she shared custody of Avery and she turned him down. Poor Morgan lol.

Yeah, but that was because she didn't want to give up her possession, I mean baby. If Morgan wanted her back with no ulterior motives I'm sure she wouldn't turn him down.

5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Her life was the worst ever. No one can top the misery she went through. She walks with that pain every day. 

I don't even understand what was supposed to have been so bad about her childhood. She grew up poor, is that it? That's not great but it's hardly the worst thing that could happen. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, LeftPhalange said:

Yeah, but that was because she didn't want to give up her possession, I mean baby. If Morgan wanted her back with no ulterior motives I'm sure she wouldn't turn him down.

I don't even understand what was supposed to have been so bad about her childhood. She grew up poor, is that it? That's not great but it's hardly the worst thing that could happen. 

Nobody loved her. 

Everybody hated her.

She guessed she would go eat worms.

(No, but really, it's that no one loved her.)

• Love 8
8 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

If Jelly wanted to put wet drip with Michael they probably shouldn't have had her drug his father, get him naked, and manipulate him into thinking he cheated on Michael's mother. I'm thinking he'll have an issue with that.

Will he though? I mean he forgave Sonny for murdering his father; he's a pretty forgiving guy!

Nelle is so insufferable I can't. Why did they give CL such absolute shit? Give the shitty stuff to the tons of actors you have that aren't good, give the ones with some actual talent the good stuff, dammit! This type of story is so classic, it practically writes itself, and yet here we are with TPTB doing the absolute most nonsensical and/or boring thing at every turn. GAH!

I have nothing else to say about this episode. It was boring as hell.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Nelle is so insufferable I can't. Why did they give CL such absolute shit? Give the shitty stuff to the tons of actors you have that aren't good, give the ones with some actual talent the good stuff, dammit! This type of story is so classic, it practically writes itself, and yet here we are with TPTB doing the absolute most nonsensical and/or boring thing at every turn. GAH!

I think CL is part of the problem. She's a good actress, but either she can't hack the pacing or the character is just not the right fit. That voice probably isn't best paired with long monologues about how she had to watch lifetime movies, oh no.

And on a shallow note she needs a haircut. The long hair makes her look more like a pioneer girl than she already does.

• Love 9
51 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Did I miss why Monica had it at the hospital?  She wasn't expecting to see him.

Monica sent a text to Jason asking him to meet her at the hospital; she didn't know he was already there.

14 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And now she's finally found love with Michael and it's the blandest, most vanilla love of all. #eyeroll

*sings*

I believe the Children of the Corn are our future,

Teach them well or they will plan shitty revenge;

Show them all the beauty they have insiiiide (like that kidney chase Joss )…

Give them a skewed view of Michael & no one tell about his time in prison.

The vanilla-ist love of aaallllll,

Is easy to achieve,

Just pair Eeyore

With the Amish girl from down the street.

• Love 6

the character is just not the right fit.

I think this is a big part of it. The terrible writing and pacing doesn't help, of course, but I don't think CL is cut out to be a schemer. She doesn't look the part, either, even as an unexpected schemer. That's no knock on her looks, just that she's been miscast as Nelle, Schemer Against Carly.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Nobody loved her. 

Everybody hated her.

She guessed she would go eat worms.

(No, but really, it's that no one loved her.)

No one loved her because she's annoying as fuck.

12 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Will he though? I mean he forgave Sonny for murdering his father; he's a pretty forgiving guy!

AJ was a fat, a drunk, and had panic attacks, though. 

13 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I have nothing else to say about this episode. It was boring as hell.

You probably already forgot everything that happened. 

7 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think CL is part of the problem. She's a good actress, but either she can't hack the pacing or the character is just not the right fit. That voice probably isn't best paired with long monologues about how she had to watch lifetime movies, oh no.

I feel like CL sometimes smirks in situations when she shouldn't be smirking, which sometimes makes it hard for me to to tell what Nelly is supposed to be feeling/thinking.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

I think this is a big part of it. The terrible writing and pacing doesn't help, of course, but I don't think CL is cut out to be a schemer. She doesn't look the part, either, even as an unexpected schemer. That's no knock on her looks, just that she's been miscast as Nelle, Schemer Against Carly.

She's mostly not getting to act out schemer though. She's mostly acting out "whiny kiss ass". She might be good at the scheming part if the writing showed her motives.

• Love 3

She's mostly acting out "whiny kiss ass".

I wonder if she's being told to be a whiny kiss ass; I think scheming kiss ass—even if we don't know her motives—would be more successful. All of this "poor me" stuff is unbearable. You were poor? Who cares? You're living pretty well now. I think that's what bugs me the most: She's got a sweet deal working for Carly. STFU and be grateful.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

This type of story [the Nelle story] is so classic, it practically writes itself, and yet here we are with TPTB doing the absolute most nonsensical and/or boring thing at every turn. GAH!

Exactly, this is classic soap, but there's absolutely no heat.  Not just between Nelle and Michael, but Nelle's alleged thirst for revenge/hate of Carly is also being playing so lukewarmly.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Exactly, this is classic soap, but there's absolutely no heat.  Not just between Nelle and Michael, but Nelle's alleged thirst for revenge/hate of Carly is also being playing so lukewarmly.

If we knew what the hell she was so pissed about . . .

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

WTF of the day, Bobbie to Carly:

"Oh hey, I just dropped by to say hi and thought I'd go into your office, rifle through your mail and throw out shit that looked unimportant." 

Speaking of, was it just me, or was Bobbie walking really weird?

6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Nelle's alleged thirst for revenge/hate of Carly is also being playing so lukewarmly.

That letter from her father combined with her lackluster scheming makes me wonder if Jelly are trying to give her an out for when she's finally exposed - like revealing her father (or someone else) forced her to go after Carly or that she went after Carly based on false information but wasn't that enthusiastic about it. 

• Love 1

I get really creepy vibes from the Michael and Nelle scenes--not just lukewarm. He seems so much younger than Nelle, as if she is the babysitter to the Earnest Young Lad, who follows her around and even tries to kiss her like a puppy or a kitty might. Seeing the boy and his "babysitter" then doff their clothes for a dip in the bath felt even more bizarre. It's as if he is sexually attracted in a normal way to Nelle but is still so boyish and virginal that he doesn't know what to do to get more.

4 hours ago, ulkis said:

I think the snow melting would be fairly quick . . . actually getting hot enough for a bath I think would take a while though

melting snow takes surprisingly longer then you would think, and results in not very much water, believe me I have tried to have a bath in melted snow water, it didn't happen

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, ulkis said:

If we knew what the hell she was so pissed about . . .

I think that would've really helped. The audience needed to be let it on her reasons like at least 2 months ago.

33 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

Speaking of, was it just me, or was Bobbie walking really weird?

I thought so, too. I hope JZ is OK.

32 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

That letter from her father combined with her lackluster scheming makes me wonder if Jelly are trying to give her an out for when she's finally exposed ...

Of course they are. They always hedge their bets, which is one of the many problems with the writing.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LeftPhalange said:

That letter from her father combined with her lackluster scheming makes me wonder if Jelly are trying to give her an out for when she's finally exposed - like revealing her father (or someone else) forced her to go after Carly or that she went after Carly based on false information but wasn't that enthusiastic about it. 

Oh, I'm sure however this shakes out, Nelle's (vanilla and not the good kind with the beans in it) reasons for hating Carly will turn out to be null and void.  Nobody can speak ill of the town's matriarch after all. #blech

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

No, but I think you can safely say that their relationship pre-Denise was nothing like his relationship with Kiki.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Sam will be shot by Olivia and die.  Right?

I was thinking she'd hit her head and be transformed into the town librarian, who always wears colorful sweaters and skirts and glasses.

• Love 3

Bobbie: "Haven't you heard? A storm dumped inches of snow up in the mountains." Who talks that way? Was that the dummy version of the line, with a blank before "inches" to be filled in later, and they just went with it? It could be two inches or it could be ten.  

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I was thinking she'd hit her head and be transformed into the town librarian, who always wears colorful sweaters and skirts and glasses.

Maybe she could tawk like Denise and wear the wig, too.

• Love 1
Just now, ciarra said:

Maybe she could tawk like Denise and wear the wig, too.

Or maybe she turns into Daphne from Scooby Doo. Jason is Shaggy, Nathan is Fred, and Franco is Scooby.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Bobbie: "Haven't you heard? A storm dumped inches of snow up in the mountains." Who talks that way? Was that the dummy version of the line, with a blank before "inches" to be filled in later, and they just went with it? It could be two inches or it could be ten.  

I know, that was so weird. I wonder if JZ blew that line, and because they never reshoot unless the scenery actually falls down, it stood.

• Love 1

In other news, I dunno if it's just the halo effect, but I've kinda liked Rebecca Budig in the Quartermaine orbit the last episode or two.  It's just when she starts yammering about Dr. Michael Easton and his drugzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz that I can't with her.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

In other news, I dunno if it's just the halo effect, but I've kinda liked Rebecca Budig in the Quartermaine orbit the last episode or two.  It's just when she starts yammering about Dr. Michael Easton and his drugzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz that I can't with her.

100%.

I also thought that, 'dropped inches of snow' line was really hilarious. That was so obviously a fuck up, but I don't know if it's on JZ or the writers. Never mind, I'm sure it was the writers because they are, as we all know, shit.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

100%.

I also thought that, 'dropped inches of snow' line was really hilarious. That was so obviously a fuck up, but I don't know if it's on JZ or the writers. Never mind, I'm sure it was the writers because they are, as we all know, shit.

eh, I'm willing to bet that might have been JZ.

16 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I think I agree; she should have been cast as the good girl.  Though the writers aren't so hot at that (Sabrina) still the look is right.

• Love 1

She's not committed to it. They don't know how to write underlying vulnerability so they're just writing a half-hearted (and incompetent) schemer and it's not at all compelling.

I think they've recognized that they are garbage at writing redemption stories so they're trying to avoid writing Nelle into a corner, instead, she's an amorphous mess of a character because they're terrible at everything

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 9

On the plus side, she appears to be wearing flat shoes so no sprained ankle this time.  Progress!

She's carrying the baby of St. Jasus.  I'm pretty sure she's safe.  He can probably find her by the seeing heavenly glow and hearing the angel voices.

• Love 2

All of this crying and hand wringing and drama over DUKE. I just don't get what's so special about him. Maybe it's because I didn't see him back in his heyday, but he always seemed fairly boring. Liv could have spent the past two decades finding herself another Scottish lad who likes to tango, but no, vengeance it is.

Nina going behind Valentin's back was a shitty move, and I hope it blows up in her face. Way to kick Anna when she's down.

What is wrong with Jason? Robin says Anna has cancer and he was totally blasé. Act like a real human and show emotion, please. 

I was cringing during Sam's fall. I'm guessing she and the baby will be fine, but I hate seeing violence towards women on this show.

• Love 11